- Bidding Asia farewellKuala Lumpur – what a lovely city! We’re not really that into cities, prefer peace and quiet to be honest, not sure if it means we are getting old or just used to village life!? But that said, we Posted by Cass - Lee in Cass & Lee's RTW Adventure | Mar 4, 2012
- Things are the same...The same – about 24 hours travel time; different – Business Class. WOW! A much more pleasant way to pass that time. Sleeping in a seat that stretches out to lie flat. I don't know who pulled what strings, or Posted by uktvlr in Singapore, Part II | Mar 3, 2012
- Back to O'Canada!Well what can we say, that trip was INCREDIBLE! We still haven't arrived back in Canada yet, but are just sitting in the airport now waiting to board our 20 hour flight home. This is going to be a LONG Posted by kdrtvt in Singapore 2012 | Mar 1, 2012
- East Coast ParkHey all!!
After our foam party adventure that we had last night, we decided to take a day for some rest, relaxation, beach time and of course, more sightseeing!!!
We decided to head to East Coast Park. It is a HUGE park Posted by kdrtvt in Singapore 2012 | Mar 1, 2012
- Extreme AsiaAnother trip to Japan and Singapore, and another exciting 3 weeks to log. It’s been a good trip so far. Smooth, trouble free commute to Japan (which, for those of you that don’t know, is a 14 hour flight from Posted by GrisWorld in GrisWorld | Mar 1, 2012
- Sticky SingaporeSo it is our second day in Singapore! After a great flight of being fed constantly (qantas pizza rolls are our new favourites!) we arrived in Singapore, began sweating and have not stopped since! We immediately hopped on MRT, this Posted by emmaandryan in Emma & Ryan's Big One | Feb 29, 2012
- Singapore Botanic GardensHey everyone!
We decided to go and see the Singapore Botanic Gardens today. Prior to our trip we did some research on things we wanted to do/see and it was rating #1 by guests on multiple websites. Plus after such an Posted by kdrtvt in Singapore 2012 | Feb 29, 2012
- Flight Experience & ChinatownHey everyone!
We all had a great day on Sentosa Island, and started today at the Flight Experience Singapore. It was the coolest thing I have ever done, and I think Kim and Dalyce would agree. It was just like flying Posted by kdrtvt in Singapore 2012 | Feb 29, 2012
- Santosa IslandSo an other day has gone by and we got to experience something new and exciting!
To start off the day, we decided we would take the Singapore Cable Car out to Sentosa Island. It cost us 26 dollars each for Posted by kdrtvt in Singapore 2012 | Feb 29, 2012
- Raffles hotel and shoppingggg!Hello lovely family and friends who are reading our blog!
Kim and I really need to hand it to Dalyce, she did an awesome job picking a hotel for us. We all loved the Strand Hotel, and decided to stay there Posted by kdrtvt in Singapore 2012 | Feb 29, 2012
- The Singapore Zoo and Night SafariHelloooo!!
Today was a busy, yet eventful day. For me it has been the best day of the whole trip (so far).
This morning I was wide awake with eagerness for the Singapore Zoo!!! I woke Kim and Raelene up (they weren't Posted by kdrtvt in Singapore 2012 | Feb 28, 2012
- Ethnicity In Singapore Singapore has a population of about three million, 2.7 million of whom are citizens and permanent residents. The other three hundred thousand are mainly foreign workers.
The Chinese constitute about 78 percent, the Malays 14 percent, the Indians 7 percen Posted by cheesedoodle in SINGAPORE | Feb 28, 2012
- Masjid Jamae Mosque
We figured me might as well continue on our Mosque sightseeing today, but we never thought the path would lead us to China town. In the middle of Singapore's China Town is the Masjid Jamae Mosqu Posted by cheesedoodle in SINGAPORE | Feb 28, 2012
- The Prodicle Group has Arrived in Singapore!The crew left the Calgary Airport today the
* Air Canada flight was great, had a connection in Vancouver but our flight was delayed so we had to run to make our flight. Another layover in Hong Kong was about Posted by cheesedoodle in SINGAPORE | Feb 28, 2012
- Buddha Tooth Relic Temple and MuseumToday we decided that we needed to do some exploring on our own, so we asked our front desk where was a good place to go if we wanted to experience Singapore. He suggested going to see the Buddha Tooth Posted by cheesedoodle in SINGAPORE | Feb 28, 2012
- Abdul Gaffoor Mosque Today we went to Dunlop Street in the Rochor Planning Area, within Little India off Jalan Besar, to see the famous Abdul Gaffoor Mosque.
To get there is was easy enough to grab any bus going down the Jalan Posted by cheesedoodle in SINGAPORE | Feb 28, 2012
- SingaporeHere's a summary of our 3 days in Singapore:
We got up early and headed over to check out the Marina Bay Sands hotel which is three towers connected at the top by an infinity pool and an observation deck. Posted by charlotter45 in Charlotte and Stephen's Adventure! | Feb 24, 2012
- Changii airportWednesday 13th February.
Spend the morning at Airport, make reservations for Bali, Hong Kong, Sydney, no hassle. But no cheap tickets for sale at Airport, not even last minute discounts. Ticket agent touts wants 300 S$.
Ask Sim, he makes Posted by 1985 trip in around the world in 1985 | Feb 13, 1985
- Singapore, garden city of asiaTuesday 12th February 1985
Spend most of the day 20 km out of the City seeing the Japanese and Chinese gardens. Large formal gardens in a lakeland setting. Spend an hour snoozing in a pavilion during a violent thunderstorm. Posted by 1985 trip in around the world in 1985 | Feb 13, 1985
- eating chendol in Singapore food marketMonday 11th February
Go to bank, Post Office (Christmas card!), buy film, and writing paper. Discover yet another food centre and have plate of Chinese duck had rice for 85 P.
See off Claude and Damien at Singapore Airport in the Posted by 1985 trip in around the world in 1985 | Feb 11, 1985
- bump into Claude and Damien againSunday 10th February
Who should I meet but Claude and Damien! Can’t remember what we did ! mostly ate I expect. Explored Chinatown in the evening. On one bamboo stage we watched a choir introduced with Posted by 1985 trip in around the world in 1985 | Feb 10, 1985
- Arrival and First Day in SingaporeHey-O!
We all safely arrived here in Singapore!
(We thought we would add a map of where Singapore is in the world, so you all know!)
We departed Calgary on Monday at 12:45PM, connect Posted by kdrtvt in Singapore 2012 | Feb 21, 2012
- Time to Get This Blog Caught UpI am in a hotel room in Johor Bahru, Malaysia overlooking the Johor Strait and the city of Singapore with some time to reflect on our first few days on the road.
Our journey from Victoria was uneventful. Took Bc Transit Posted by knottsaway in Knotts Away | Feb 19, 2012
- Bukit Timah Nature ReserveWe got to enter the reserve for free and had a hard time deciding what trails to take being that there was 5 walking trial and 1 mountain bike trail in the rainforest. So naturally we did them all and Posted by cheesedoodle in SINGAPORE | Feb 14, 2012
- Cultural, Culinary, and Architectural Delights in Singapore
When our travel agent suggested that we spend a few days in Singapore, because we had to fly through there to get to Siem Reap anyway I was skeptical. The only thing I really knew about Posted by mands186 in Mind The Gap | Feb 8, 2012