- Breakfast at RafflesWe’ve slipped back north over the equator for a few days holiday to experience a touch of winter, and it’s a brrr-ingly chilly 32 degrees here in Singapore...
This island nation was foun Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Jan 12, 2013
- Tour: ScienceNext to the University Hospital is the Faculty of Science, where I have my Statistics class. All of the core Sciences (like Biology, Chemistry and Physics) as well as all Math Classes are taught in this area.
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint Posted by Cassi in Singapore Study Abroad | Nov 8, 2011
- Tour: MedicineOn the exact opposite corner of campus from my dorm, we have the University Hospital and the School of Medicine and Density. Another sign that NUS is larger than Clarkson: it has its own Hospital. Although I have never Posted by Cassi in Singapore Study Abroad | Nov 8, 2011
- SingaporeSingapore es un lugar un tanto extraño, ya que se trata de una ciudad-estado súper-moderna en un pequeño archipiélago en mitad del Sudeste Asiático. Si no hubiese sido por el calor sofocante y porque no me bajé del autobús mas Posted by gacela in Gacela por el Mundo | Jan 1, 2013
We are in a very wet city, warm, but very wet! It has rained with thunder and lightning everyday so far, well I guess they don't call this a rainforest for nothing!! Singapore is an amazing city - Posted by SamDan travel in Backpacking! | Dec 13, 2012
- "Jade Buddha for Univeral Peace" in the Global VillageI have written quite a swag of things about globalizations and religions. Quite often, in the same entry. Here's another entry in that spirit (pun intended).
This jade Buddha statue is truly born in a globalized world. It has as much Posted by FrancisQ in RamBLer WithOUT BorDers | Jan 14, 2012
- Final day in Singapore... Still really hot. Last night we decided (Chelsea decided) we should swap bunks because of the air con blowing directly on the bed so last night Liam nearly caught hyperthermia.... Chelsea turned it off at one point but an old asian man just Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Dec 6, 2012
- First Day SingaporeOur first night sleep was great for Liam, air con kept everything nice and cool. Chelsea however was too cold and was kept awake by the guy in the room with the loudest snoring known to man. After two strong Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Dec 5, 2012
- Hurray we are here! Finally arrived in Singapore after an horrific 46 hour trip and after two whole minutes in the room Liam declared he now hates hostels and won't stay in one again. (With good reason, it is cramped sweltering and you have Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Dec 4, 2012
- It´s over when it´s over !Really enjoyed this wonderful trip, with this enormous amount of impressions. I think it will take some time to handle these unforgettable memories of 7 different countries and cultures.
Thanks to all who have supported my trip or gave me the Posted by JNO-RTW in JNO ROUND THE WORLD | Dec 3, 2012
- Santa Claus is in Singapore Posted by JNO-RTW in JNO ROUND THE WORLD | Dec 1, 2012
- Singapore Posted by JNO-RTW in JNO ROUND THE WORLD | Dec 1, 2012
- The culinary journey so far...I've been meaning to blog a bit about the food out here, but have been very remiss, mainly because I've been eating, so this is a bit of a summary of the food in the Philippines and Singapore.
For Posted by erinbunting in Erin & Jo's South East Asian Odyssey | Nov 28, 2012
- Pictures :)Just a few pictures:
Christmas tree on the ground floor of my accomodation block - definitely does not seem like xmas in this heat though!
My accomodation (utown) at night..
[im Posted by jennabeckett in Jenna's Singapore Diaries! | Nov 27, 2012
- SingaporeWe're currently sat watching four proboscis monkeys hiding from a tropical downpour - which is exactly what we're doing! We're spending the day at the fabulous Singapore Zoo.
We arrived in Singapore on Monday night after a long journey that Posted by erinbunting in Erin & Jo's South East Asian Odyssey | Nov 21, 2012
- Exam PeriodWell... hey there!
Life is pretty bog-standard at the moment (well if you can count living in Singapore as bog-standard which it really isn’t) because I have exams next week, so nothing really that interesting is happening here apart from Posted by jennabeckett in Jenna's Singapore Diaries! | Nov 20, 2012
- Sun and stormsOverall had a great time in Singapore. Spent the first full day walking around the whole city. My hostel was just north of Little India so there wasn't a great deal nearby but I was only 2 mins walk from Posted by oli.heeley in SE Asia | Nov 18, 2012
- Singapore Had my flight cancelled yesterday so I was a couple of hours late arriving in Singapore. All I can say so far is that the trains are so easy to use because of the English everywhere. It feels like 'Beginner's Posted by oli.heeley in SE Asia | Nov 14, 2012
- This week...This week hasn’t been all that interesting – work has picked up even more and we have exams in about 3 weeks so I’ve had to start revising, fuuuun.
Yesterday I went to the Botanical Gardens for a field trip to Posted by jennabeckett in Jenna's Singapore Diaries! | Nov 4, 2012
- Few things..It was my flat mate - Rebecca's - birthday last friday. So on wednesday she organised a party on our roof-top garden. It was such a nice night out as I knew most people who were there, was really nice Posted by jennabeckett in Jenna's Singapore Diaries! | Oct 28, 2012
- Singapore Crazyness!Couple of quick things on life here:
- Singapore and all its technology is great but I still cannot get used to the toilets here – they are automatic and ALWAYS flush before I am finished. I just can’t handle Posted by jennabeckett in Jenna's Singapore Diaries! | Oct 28, 2012
- Indian Dance FestivalYesterday I headed off to an Indian Dance Festival. My friend Milou had made some friends in one of her classes with some Indian girls who said they would take us along to this dance festival and she invited me Posted by jennabeckett in Jenna's Singapore Diaries! | Oct 28, 2012
- Pualu UbinI’d wanted to go to Pualu Ubin for soooo long. Basically Pualu Ubin is a small island (it’s part of Singapore but off from the mainland) and people go there for a day of cycling. I’d managed to get a Posted by jennabeckett in Jenna's Singapore Diaries! | Oct 28, 2012
- Singapore 20.09.2012 - 22.09.2012==Singapore==
So on arriving in Singapore on the night of the 20th we sort of accidentally stumbled upon the Formula 1 Grand Prix. We had no idea it was on this weekend (although it Posted by Bradandkir in Brad and Kirstie take on the World! | Oct 23, 2012
Hi all. Just landed safely in Bali and catching up with great friends and my family.
We were in Singapore for 3 days. Met some great people and went to some great places.
I have to say for me Singapore did not Posted by Wade85 in Wade's Travels | Oct 22, 2012