- Crossing the DanubeThis morning I walked from my hotel right across the Most SNP Bridge. I walked over on the south side and walked back on the north side. At one point I was the only one walking on the North side Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Mar 23, 2017
- Touring BratislavaThis morning, I walked and had breakfast at another hotel, because my hotel is new and their breakfast room wasn't ready yet. At breakfast I met a guy who is here going to a bartending school training. He lives about Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Mar 22, 2017
- BratislavaI left Schladming this morning, heading for Bratislava. My brother in law in Scotland, the travel agent told me to come here. Good tip Gordon, I love it. I am now going to be traveling to a few places I Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Mar 22, 2017
- Great cities of Central Europe: Rustic Slovakia I had chosen an unusual stop for the first night of our return to Slovakia. It was either a farm, or a B&B, or a retreat. I couldn't quite tell. But there was a pool, and animals, and I hoped Posted by zzlangerhans in Babies in backpacks | Dec 23, 2016
- Cabbage soupWe checked out of our Viennese flat while the plumbers were doing something to the shower, and said farewell to German Ludwig and Taiwainese-Australian Yu Chan, with strict instructions to visit Yu Chan's brother at his coffee shop in Melbourne Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Dec 18, 2016
- Great cities of Central Europe: BratislavaWhen I conceived of this road trip through the great cities of Europe, Bratislava was hardly even an afterthought. I knew nothing of the city except that it was the capital of Slovakia, a country I knew almost nothing about Posted by zzlangerhans in Babies in backpacks | Dec 15, 2016
- Bratislava Bratislava
A Bratislava fica na Eslováquia que todos confundem com a Eslovénia e que ninguém sabe onde fica. A Eslováquia tem muito da república Tcheca é apenas parece com o primo pobre local.
Passamos 2 dias inteiros na Bratislava o que Posted by acconte in Blog de Viagens - Adri Conte | Nov 2, 2016
- A Slovakian Fairy TaleOnce upon a time their were two sister cities living close to each other on the banks of the beautiful Blue Danube. Their names are Bratislava and Vienna today, but when they were younger Bratislava was called Pressburg and she Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Oct 20, 2016
- Tag 1 FortsetzungFrüher Vogel fängt den Wurm. Nach diesem Motto müssen wir heute früh aufstehen, um möglichst viel aus unserem Tag rauszuholen.
Gusti und Peter holte ich um sieben Uhr mit dem Auto ab. In Feldkirchen besorgte ich uns noch frisches Gebäck für Posted by fegoesrhein in FE goes Rhein | Sep 7, 2016
- Day 29 Zakopane to Eger in HungaryThis was our worst travel day as we spent most of the day in the bus travelling from Poland through Solvakia to ``Hungary. Stopped for lunch in a little Slovenic village called Levoc. Very old Worldly and quaint. When Posted by megwiele in Grand Tour | Aug 26, 2016
- Bratislava Bad BoysEastern Bloc. 1980's, communism, red flags, old hooded women with bread baskets, big walls and grey skies. Well that's exactly what it felt like on the bus ride from Bratislava airport into the main part of the city where we Posted by rj2v in Travel, Tattoos & Tea | Apr 24, 2016
- BratislavaMy next trip was Bratislava, this was a short one with just one full day and one night.
To be honest, I wasn't crazy on Bratislava, and it just doesn't compare to Prague at all.
Maybe the Posted by Ciara-Gissane in My adventures | Apr 19, 2016
- Dropping by at BratislavaUpon our journey from Vienna to Prague, the tour guide brought us to this enchanted Bratislava Castle in the city of Bratislava, Slovak. We only stopped by for about an hour here and here are the highlights of this castle
[img=http://photos.travellerspoi Posted by astrywulandari in My Travel Journey | Mar 31, 2016
- Chapter 42: Let's explore something oldSunshine finally had come out and with good timing as we visited two castles! The first was the Bratislava Castle, newly re-opened after huge renovations due to its age and multiple fires and lack of funds. There is limited Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Nov 20, 2015
- Chapter 41: Highs and Lows Twas a bleak day as we woke up to realize that we had left the day bag at the restaurant with our beloved frisbee and swiss army knife. Luckily nothing worse was lost. Tried to find an autumn festival across Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Nov 20, 2015
- Chapter 40: How strange it is...Despite being a small city centre there was another free walking tour we joined. It was sad to hear that during the Soviet occupation they had decided that Bratislava would be their “modern” city, vs. Prague which would remain historical. Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Nov 20, 2015
- BratislavaBratislava was a quick country stop over compared to other places we have been. We have found that travelling close to weekends can often make it tricky for finding accommodation and Bratislava was no different. For the first of four Posted by tollidaytravels in Tolliday Travels | Oct 25, 2015
- BratislavaWe were picked up from the ship in a little red train and had a guide called Monica. We went on the normal roads to Bratislava's castle on top of the hill. It was very plain in comparison to Posted by Nors Stephens in Adventurous Four | Aug 30, 2015
- A quick & unexpected stop off in SlovakiaOne major downside of our beautiful accommodation in Zakopane (Poland) was that it didn't have WIFI - so researching and booking our next destination in advance was not going to happen. You would think that this would stress me out, Posted by nathanruth in Backpacks, Buses and Beyond | Aug 5, 2015
- Day 5 BratislavaLast night's smoked salmon and caviar, chateaubriand and mascarpone for dessert kept me awake so I pulled back the curtain and watch the water go by about 6 ft below our bedroom. This morning we went through the Gabčíkovo Posted by GBallam in Europe for the first time | Jun 11, 2015
- 3 countries one dayToday was an epic day on all accounts. We started in Poland travelled through Slovakia and finished in Hungary. 3 countries, 1 day and 3 different currencies.
8am start on the bus leaving the picturesque Zakopane behind. 45 mins later we Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Jun 7, 2015
- New Places February 4
I spent the morning shopping at Stephansplatz, a large walking district in the center of Vienna, and then headed to a small bar for lunch on the way home. My burger from RoO’s definitely made me feel at Posted by Skraft94 in Oh the places I will see | Feb 10, 2015
- Slovakia - BratislavaI found a good flight across to London from Bratislava, so I beelined to Bratislava from Warsaw on a Polski bus. It probably would have been nicer on the train but the cost was near €100, versus the bus at Posted by TheNomadWay.com in TheNomadWay.com | Oct 17, 2014
- BratislavaThis morning we visited the city and viewed the Bratislava Castle first. This huge palace started out as a watchtower against invaders and eventually became a palace for Maria Therese' daughter when the Hapsburgs ruled so many European nations. The Posted by The Vickerage in Sermons from the Vickerage | Oct 24, 2014
- Slovakia and AustriaOur last meal in Poland at a milk bar and our stash of Polish beers to drink during our trip.
On the drive. Hay p Posted by trackers in ¡Global Nada! | Oct 14, 2014