- Bratislava Bad BoysEastern Bloc. 1980's, communism, red flags, old hooded women with bread baskets, big walls and grey skies. Well that's exactly what it felt like on the bus ride from Bratislava airport into the main part of the city where we Posted by rj2v in D.Y.O.T | Apr 24, 2016
- Dropping by at BratislavaUpon our journey from Vienna to Prague, the tour guide brought us to this enchanted Bratislava Castle in the city of Bratislava, Slovak. We only stopped by for about an hour here and here are the highlights of this castle
[img=http://photos.travellerspoi Posted by astrywulandari in My Travel Journey | Mar 31, 2016
- Chapter 42: Let's explore something oldSunshine finally had come out and with good timing as we visited two castles! The first was the Bratislava Castle, newly re-opened after huge renovations due to its age and multiple fires and lack of funds. There is limited Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Nov 20, 2015
- Chapter 41: Highs and Lows Twas a bleak day as we woke up to realize that we had left the day bag at the restaurant with our beloved frisbee and swiss army knife. Luckily nothing worse was lost. Tried to find an autumn festival across Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Nov 20, 2015
- Chapter 40: How strange it is...Despite being a small city centre there was another free walking tour we joined. It was sad to hear that during the Soviet occupation they had decided that Bratislava would be their “modern” city, vs. Prague which would remain historical. Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Nov 20, 2015
- BratislavaBratislava was a quick country stop over compared to other places we have been. We have found that travelling close to weekends can often make it tricky for finding accommodation and Bratislava was no different. For the first of four Posted by tollidaytravels in Tolliday Travels | Oct 25, 2015
- BratislavaWe were picked up from the ship in a little red train and had a guide called Monica. We went on the normal roads to Bratislava's castle on top of the hill. It was very plain in comparison to Posted by Nors Stephens in Adventurous Four | Aug 30, 2015
- A quick & unexpected stop off in SlovakiaOne major downside of our beautiful accommodation in Zakopane (Poland) was that it didn't have WIFI - so researching and booking our next destination in advance was not going to happen. You would think that this would stress me out, Posted by nathanruth in Backpacks, Buses and Beyond | Aug 5, 2015
- Day 5 BratislavaLast night's smoked salmon and caviar, chateaubriand and mascarpone for dessert kept me awake so I pulled back the curtain and watch the water go by about 6 ft below our bedroom. This morning we went through the Gabčíkovo Posted by GBallam in Europe for the first time | Jun 11, 2015
- 3 countries one dayToday was an epic day on all accounts. We started in Poland travelled through Slovakia and finished in Hungary. 3 countries, 1 day and 3 different currencies.
8am start on the bus leaving the picturesque Zakopane behind. 45 mins later we Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Jun 7, 2015
- Bratislava One-Day TripBratislava, formerly Slovak Prešporok; is the capital of Slovakia and, with a population of about 500,000, the country's largest city. Bratislava is in southwestern Slovakia, occupying both banks of the River Danube and the left bank of the River Morava. Posted by minitravel in Global Trekker | Feb 15, 2015
- New Places February 4
I spent the morning shopping at Stephansplatz, a large walking district in the center of Vienna, and then headed to a small bar for lunch on the way home. My burger from RoO’s definitely made me feel at Posted by Skraft94 in Oh the places I will see | Feb 10, 2015
- Slovakia - BratislavaI found a good flight across to London from Bratislava, so I beelined to Bratislava from Warsaw on a Polski bus. It probably would have been nicer on the train but the cost was near €100, versus the bus at Posted by TheNomadWay.com in TheNomadWay.com | Oct 17, 2014
- BratislavaThis morning we visited the city and viewed the Bratislava Castle first. This huge palace started out as a watchtower against invaders and eventually became a palace for Maria Therese' daughter when the Hapsburgs ruled so many European nations. The Posted by The Vickerage in Sermons from the Vickerage | Oct 24, 2014
- Slovakia and AustriaOur last meal in Poland at a milk bar and our stash of Polish beers to drink during our trip.
On the drive. Hay p Posted by trackers in ¡Global Nada! | Oct 14, 2014
- BratislavaDon't be caught out like we were on arriving by train in Bratislava and suddenly realising: -
- we didn't speak the language anymore
- we didn't know where the centre of town was from the train station
- we didn't even know Posted by UnwindRoad in Unwind on the Silk Road | Sep 5, 2014
Where on earth is bratislava??
Just a few of the tourist t shirts. Unfortunately those were not the funniest, I can't remember those. I was so tempted to buy one of the funnier ones hahahahah.
Before I came, people Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Jul 25, 2014
- Tag 9Voller wunderschöner Eindrücke hatten wir bald einen tiefen Schlaf gefunden. Zwischen 6:30 und 9:00 Uhr gab es Frühstück – früher natürlich für jene, die den Ausflug in die Puszta machen würden, etwas später für diejenigen, die die Margareteninsel besucht Posted by fegoesdonau in FE goes DONAU | Jun 9, 2014
- Two daysI had popcorn in Budapest... it got me thinking...
Try as I might, I could not remember the last time I'd had popcorn. It's one of those comfort things that's forever been around. We always had a stash of microwaveable Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | May 18, 2014
- Siwy Wierch, Slovakia
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/456644 Posted by nikaa8987 in :) | Oct 13, 2013
- PrológIsland som považovala veľmi veľa rokov za svoju vysnenú krajinu. Priťahovala ma na nej izolovanosť, nespoznanosť, ale hlavne počasie. Ja - bledá a ryšavá nemám rada horúce letá, preto je maximálnych 15°C v Reykjavíku pre mňa viac než vyhovujúce.
Veľa Posted by Natala in Ég og Ísland | Jan 25, 2014
- Siovhan embraces BratislavaWhile two of the sojourning sisters travelled to the breathtaking Vienna, I chose to stay in the relaxed streets of Bratislava. Wondering through open square and stumbling into another, only to find a beautiful little corner to sit, read and, Posted by Ssisters in Sojourning Sisters | Nov 3, 2013
- Spišský Hrad - Spis CastleSalutations & expressions of endearment ... welcome to our visit to the magnificent Spišský Hrad.
Atmospheric drizzly weather greeted us when we awoke and the chill in the air encouraged a brisk walk to the bus stop. A 40 minute Posted by Ssisters in Sojourning Sisters | Oct 30, 2013
- Picnic sans sceneryWe took our clothes for a walk - in the mistaken belief that we were taking them to a laundry. Turns out there is no laundry in Spisska Nova Ves and we'd lugged our dirty clothes across town for naught. Posted by Ssisters in Sojourning Sisters | Oct 30, 2013
- Bratislava, Slovakia[[Two Student Agency buses and 5 hours later]After a full day of travelling on two of the posh student agency buses back via Prague we arrived in Slovakia at around 21:00. Arriving at night always makes it tricker to find Posted by Nick-n-Charlie in Our Honeymoon World Tour | Aug 14, 2013