- Europe, Day 22Today was also forecast for rain but on rising it was cloudy but no rain. So after talking to Beck we headed off to catch the tram and then the train to Bratislava, Slovakia. We had always been Posted by Fleetconcepts in europe2013 | May 12, 2013
- Medieval Slovakia. Country of 1000 castlesКогда-то по Словакии проходила восточная граница Венгерского королевства, приходилось обороняться, сторожить, воевать. С тех пор по всем западным Карпатам встречаются старинные замки, дворцы и крепости.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/431261/lar Posted by Eugene.B in 40000 km there and back | May 7, 2013
- Off topic: Inside of Microelectronic ScienceПока новых путешествий не случилось, поэтому расскажу-ка я о закромах электронной промышленности и микроструктурной диагностики. Ведь не всегда ж путешествовать, надо и делом иногда заниматься;)
*Итак, транзисторы сейчас повсюду - внутри мобильных тел Posted by Eugene.B in 40000 km there and back | Mar 21, 2013
- BratislavaWe stopped over for a couple of days here on our way to Vienna. It’s definitely a convenient location, but doesn’t get as much attention as some other cities in the area. I guess it’s pretty hard to compete with Posted by kmclean in Canadian Students Abroad | Dec 21, 2012
- BratislavaI left Budapest and took the train to Bratislava, got the tram to just outside the Old Town and walked to my hotel in the Old Town. My room at the Skaritz Hotel was beautiful and comfortable. I got settled Posted by lcostet in Passport 2 Travel | Nov 16, 2012
- High Tatras, SlovakiaCaught the early bus across the border to Tatranska Lomnica, a small town in the High Tetras mountains. My work buddy Kamil had recommended a few things for us to do here. What we managed to do was Posted by toddllama in Todd & Linda's European Adventure | Oct 3, 2012
- SlovakiaEven though Slovakia is not very popular among tourists. It’s prominent stability and accepting community makes it an attractive destination. Slovakia’s landscape is composed of Europes highest landscaping mountain ranges. Increases in tourism suggest tha Posted by kjarman in Europe Trip | Sep 19, 2012
- Bratislava==Day trip to Bratislava==
So Blake looked up how we were going to get to Bratislava the night before. Its a quick 1.5 hours from Wien.
We got up in the morning, went to westbanhorf station which is literally outside our Posted by blake-michelle in Blake & Michelle VS The World | Sep 13, 2012
- Slovakia-BratislavaThere was nothing to see here.
I think there were some nice castles elsewhere, but nothing around the capital. We stopped for a break in Brno, Czech before coming here. Brno was a fairly nice city, a lot cleaner than Prague. Posted by CosmicSensation in Euro Trip 2012 | Sep 12, 2012
- Overnight to Bratislava - MV Avalon PanaromaSailed from Budapest at around 8pm for an overnight trip to Bratislava. There are 32 locks to be navigated to Amsterdam from this point and the first was tonight. That makes Panama, Suez and now Danube for me. Posted by mandt0413 in Europe & Asia 2012 | Jun 23, 2012
- dlho ocakavany odchoddrahy bratia a sestry. konecne sa sen stava skutocnostou. po par rokoch neustaleho bluznenia, snivania a sustavneho otravovania blizkeho okolia sa z pociatku len moja tuzba po dlhej ceste svetom nesvetom prenasa do roviny realnej. samozrejme ako Posted by robertpalicka in bicyklom a neskor autom | Mar 25, 2012
- WHC List #0973 - Bardejov Town Conservation ReserveThe UNESCO World Heritage List includes several hundred properties with outstanding universal value. They are all part of the world’s cultural and natural heritage.
Date of Inscription: 2000
Category: Cultural site
[b]UNESCO' Posted by Sandalsand in Sandalsand | Jan 2, 1985
- finally leavingdear sisters and brothers
our dream has finally come true. few years of enthusiastic dreaming and relentless bothering of everybody around has brought us to the start of our journey. an epic bicycle trip. itinerary was constantly changing over the Posted by robertpalicka in traveling | Mar 15, 2012
- hét nap indulásigA Bahamákra kellett volna menni! Bezzeg az ő nagykövetségük a város közepén van és biztos egyszerűbb a vízumintézés is, mint a kínaiaknál. De legalább elmondhatom, hogy megjártam ungot-berket, mert ha már a magyar kínaiak eltanácsoltak, legalább szíjjel n Posted by timigaraj in Csajna kóling | Jan 26, 2012
- InterRail 1990 (3) - Czechoslovakia (2)My journey through the now non-existing country of Czechoslovakia here continues with the eastern part of Slovakia.
The present-day Czech Republic is presented in the [[http://sandalsand.travellerspoint.com/56/|previous post] Posted by Sandalsand in Sandalsand | Sep 14, 1990
- Poland and SlovakiaAs I said in my previous post I finally arrived in Warsaw after an excruciatingly long day of train rides. After I submitted that blog it was nearly 11 pm. Then quickly showered and headed to bed. Normaally when I Posted by Michele530 in The Netherlands! | Oct 10, 2011
- SlovakiaThis is one of those blogs were we are going to let the pictures do the talking. We only spent about 36 hours in Slovakia which is clearly not long enough to form any sort of definitive opinion on Posted by RobandEve in The Honeymooners | Sep 21, 2011
- 6th September 2011The morning started off cold but was pretty hot by the afternoon. We visited the castle first, which had a huge, square, white building in the centre and not much else. Did give okay views over the Danube and the Posted by kimdanny in Kim and Danny 2011 | Sep 9, 2011
- 5th September 2011We managed to do another load of washing before leaving the camp site, washing pretty much everything we have to wash, just in case we don't see another washing machine for a while. On our way out of Budapest we Posted by kimdanny in Kim and Danny 2011 | Sep 9, 2011
- A quick post....Apologies for the lack of updates, time has been tight and WiFi sparse.
Well we've made it to Bratislava with little incident folks. Well except losing our brakes on the Grobglockner, Austria's tallest mountain pass.
Calais to Strasbourg involved a Posted by GPeake in Are we there yet? | Jul 31, 2011
- 19th July 2011We were both awaken by extremely loud rain last night. When we didn't think it could get any louder, it started to hail. There was also intermittent thunder throughout the night. Not conducive to a good night's sleep.
In the Posted by kimdanny in Kim and Danny 2011 | Jul 22, 2011
- 18th July 2011This morning we headed straight for Wieliczka Salt Mines, and made it early enough to join a small English tour (we find large tours highly frustrating and slow). It was the most expensive thing we have done in Poland, and Posted by kimdanny in Kim and Danny 2011 | Jul 22, 2011
- SlovakiaRoad from Hungary to Slovakia, roads are good, my map doesnt have this country on it so we just winged it. Followed some signs to a castle hidden in the trees. It was was secluded and the gate was locked Posted by XJR1300 in Motorcycle Adventure Tour | Jul 10, 2011
- Vienna/Bratislava So I wrote the longest entry thus far yesterday on a train ride but lost reception and the entire entry! So let's try this again:
Started the morning with a cafe melange- Viennese coffee with steamed cream at a cafe off Posted by Rits blog in Around the world in.... | Jul 10, 2011
- Visit with local wine producerWe cruised this morning continuing our journey from Hungary to Slovakia. we are traveling on the River Danube. it is interesting to see how the ship navagates the waterways. one can easily see that it would be Posted by LaMannaFamily in Traveling LaMannas | Jul 5, 2011