- National Geographic 50 Greatest PhotosIn Ljubljana we went to Ljubljana castle and they had an exhibition of National Geographic 50 greatest photos.
The first one was of the girl with fantastic eyes by Stephan Curry. Some of them I can not remember but I remember Posted by SamSueEurope in Wait for me - long walks with short legs | Jul 31, 2014
- BledBefore I start talking about my travels here, I just want to highly recommend Slovenia to anyone.
I travelled here with my girlfriend, Lydia, for a little break after I'd just came back from Benidorm on a stag do and Posted by TeessideTravels in Teesside Travels | Jul 17, 2014
- Row, row, row your boatThere are various ways to take a trip across Lake Bled or to the island. One of them includes a trip with the traditional boat made by locals which is only known at Bled – the Pletna boat. The origins Posted by beachbuddies in Two Little Suitcases | Jul 17, 2014
- A Perfect HikeRushing water, a canopy of green, perfect temperature, great views, my travel buddy....all the elements for a wonderful hike. Vintgar Gorge is 4km north of Bled which is where we started our day. Along the narrow passage, where the Posted by beachbuddies in Two Little Suitcases | Jul 13, 2014
- Oh what a view!!Bled is an alpine town alongside Lake Bled in northwestern Slovenia. Walking around the lake would lead us to the castle that towered above the lake.
Afte Posted by beachbuddies in Two Little Suitcases | Jul 12, 2014
- Postojnska Jama We took a short bus ride out of Ljubljana to the Postojnska Jama. Jama means cave in Slovene. As we drove through the countryside, we saw the devastation caused to all the trees from the ice storm in Posted by beachbuddies in Two Little Suitcases | Jul 12, 2014
- Ljubljana Castle or Ljubljanski GradWe were talking about how often it has rained on our holidays. Very rare indeed but I must say it didn't really matter much. There were a sea of umbrellas this morning in Prešeren Square as group of Posted by beachbuddies in Two Little Suitcases | Jul 10, 2014
- Home Sweet Ljubljana After a six hour train ride, we arrived in Ljubljana Slovenia which has a population of 350 000 in comparison to 1.7 million in Vienna. The country of Slovenia has a total population under two million. We do love Posted by beachbuddies in Two Little Suitcases | Jul 10, 2014
- Kobarid - Ben and the Soca Valley Bouldering CompetitionWhen we got to Kobarid (on 21st June) we noticed posters advertising the Soca Outdoor Festival which was due to be held here and in the neighbouring town of Tolmin over the weekend of 4-6 July. Then early last week Posted by SamSueEurope in Keep up - an Australian family odyssey | Jul 2, 2014
- Yay!Today I made a really cool discovery. I figured out how to tie my hair back.
Me Posted by SamSueEurope in Wait for me - long walks with short legs | Jun 29, 2014
- Cars and Croatia s it has grown to have basement, large groundfloor quarters and one bed apartments and two bedrooms on the first floor! She brought us some redcurrant cake for breakfast, thought of Tasha and the currants which must be ripening Posted by Combes Caper in Grandfolks Grand Tour | Jun 17, 2014
- Sunday 15th JuneThese falls and Bohinj Lake are not far from Bled. Scenic route through alpine villages. The road is a motorcyclists dream and there were also plenty of cyclists too. The 30 mph limit is just as well as with all Posted by Combes Caper in Grandfolks Grand Tour | Jun 15, 2014
- Saturday in BledJune 14
Had very lazy start to the day. Weather is cooler here but still mostly sun. Bled is a very beautiful
area, surrounded by wooded hills, many rivers and backed by mountains. Vintgar Gorge is very
close so we went down there. Posted by Combes Caper in Grandfolks Grand Tour | Jun 14, 2014
- June 12 to 13June 12
Last night after dinner we strolled into town to catch tail end of a Pink Floyd Tribute band. They
wrapped about 9.30 and everyone left the town drop back to sleep.
Impression walking through town centres both here and in France Posted by Combes Caper in Grandfolks Grand Tour | Jun 13, 2014
- Bill's European Adventure, 2001. Part 6: LjubljanaAug 31
Up out of our wet beds at 6.45 to pack up the miserable, cramped contraption allegedly called a 'tent', and get a bus to Mestre station and the 08.25 train to Ljubljana. To our delight, it's empty, and our Posted by BillLehane in Silly Billy | May 24, 2014
- Slovenia –Europe’s little-known gemFrom Austria, we continued south by train to Ljubjana, the capital of Slovenia. I (Chloé) had been before, briefly, in 2001, and remember loving it, charmed by its bridges, riverside cafes and bars, and picturesque hilltop castle that Posted by CeeZeeDeeBP in Spring in Central Europe | May 9, 2014
[[http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1280&bih=671&q=ljubljana&oq=ljub&gs_l=img.3.0.0l10.2006.3019.0.3918.104.22.168.0.0.0.77.222.214.171.124....0...1ac.1.23.img..0 Posted by get2will in Adriatic Travels | Aug 2, 2013
- Ljubly Jubly
A few months back Hayley and I were sitting in our hostel in Cusco, Peru and we struck up a conversation with a friendly Slovenian gal over breakfast. She told of a beautiful country off Posted by ladiesofleisure in A year or so of Misadventure and fun | Nov 26, 2013
- Slovenia[[http://www.travellerspoint.com/photos/gallery/users/Liamps/countries/Slovenia/|Photos of Slovenia]]
I completed my journey through the former republics of Yugoslavia with four days in Slovenia. The country’s tiny landmass is sandwiched between the We Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo trip | Nov 3, 2013
- BledThis is the second time i have tried to write this blog! The first one got deleted so i will try again. First things first. Yes i am fine and yes i am having a good time! Now that is Posted by BredG10 in Making Tracks | May 9, 2011
- Natural Beauties of Slovenia and CroatiaFrom July 31st to August 2nd I joined a “Natural Beauties” tour of Slovenia and Croatia through the Balkan Road Trip travel company. The three national parks were the highlight of this tour, but the cities of Ljubljana, Slovenia Posted by clarkmw78 in Matt's Misadventures | Aug 31, 2013
- Ljubljana, SloveniaBefore we set out on planning this trip we had already arranged to go on a group holiday to Cyprus with our friends at the end of July and as such booked cheap flights from Milan to Larnaca, so as Posted by Nick-n-Charlie in Our Honeymoon World Tour | Jul 26, 2013
- Headed for HomeI hate air travel. Flying from Frankfurt to Houston I was unable to sleep with the seat reclined because the 4 year old behind me wants to pound on the touch screen on the back of my seat. Posted by get2will in Adriatic Travels | Aug 4, 2013
- Lake Bled
Our plan today was to hike around Lake Bled and go out to Bled Island.
[[http://www.google.com/search?gs_rn=23&gs_ri=psy-ab&gs_mss=windy+vs+w&cp=14&gs_id=u7&xhr=t&q=windy+or+windy&bav Posted by get2will in Adriatic Travels | Aug 3, 2013
- Soca River Valley and the Julian Alps
Our plan today was to have a local guide to drive us up the Soca River valley and over the Vrsic mountain pass of the Julian Alps to Lake Bled.
Our first stop on the tour was Breznica, Posted by get2will in Adriatic Travels | Aug 3, 2013