- Lake Bled and Lake BohinjHaving set the alarm for 06:00 to watch – and photograph – the sunrise, I check the weather out of the window. The rain has (temporarily) stopped, but there is no sign of the sun so I crawl back to Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Jun 20, 2015
- Rovinj - BledBetween the late night revellers, the church bells and the early morning seagulls, I had a dreadful night's sleep. We are up early this morning to explore Rovinj before most tourists wake up.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/435774/large_Rovinj_ Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Jun 19, 2015
- Slovenia and Croatia WandererOur latest trip is (re)visiting some parts of the Balkans – a tour around Slovenia and Croatia.
When we get to Heathrow it shocks us just how expensive “Duty Free” is within EU. A bot Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Jun 17, 2015
- To Lake Bled, Slovenia!Upon leaving Garmisch we felt truly thankful that the weather had persuaded to visit this amazing place. With brighter forecasts for Slovenia we said goodbye to Germany and started the 5 hour journey to Lake Bled. Due to prohibitive camping Posted by bywaterbyland in bywaterbyland | Jun 20, 2015
- 2 aliasfasfafsasf Posted by mi-na-poti in Družinski izlet v Azijo | May 24, 2015
- SloveniaI got to Zagreb at about 6am, broke and freakishly hungry. Wandered around the station trying to find something to buy with less than 1 kuna LOL. Eventually I gave up and bought 2 disgusting choco banana things for breakfast. Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Mar 14, 2015
- Slovenia: Predjama and Piran
In the mid afternoon we arrived at Predjama Castle. When I had first started researching Slovenia, pictures of this castle came up frequently and I had marked it as a must see. Apparently Posted by zzlangerhans in Babies in backpacks | Jan 27, 2015
- Slovenia: Postojna and Ljubljana
After crossing into Slovenia, we still had time to go to the Postojna cave before rolling into Ljubljana. I made sure the course was set in the Google maps navigation while we were still Posted by zzlangerhans in Babies in backpacks | Jan 26, 2015
- Ljubljana, SloveniaNext stop the gorgeous Ljubljana! Another city that I walked into blind. My eyes are open now, this is on my list of amazing places (I am not convinced that many places I have blogged about haven’t made that list, Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Jan 14, 2015
- Bonus post: Slovenian Culture 101[b]
Or perhaps this is just trivia, take it or leave it!
Back in communist times Coca-Cola was not available in Yugoslavia, so of course that made people really really want it! Then Cockta was manufactured as a sort of compensation! Posted by Twink's blog in Britain and the Balkans | Oct 4, 2014
- More Slovenian Alpine Adventures![b]
Slovenia's Julian Alps fill the north-west corner of the country with craggy limestone peaks worthy of their namesake, Julius Caesar! Two towns compete for the tourist trade and they are both winners: Kranjska Gora takes the winter tourists and Posted by Twink's blog in Britain and the Balkans | Oct 3, 2014
- Slovenian Alpine Adventures[b]
Slovenia's mountains are divided into two regions, the Kamnik Alps due north of Ljubljana, and the Julian Alps tucked in the top left-hand Posted by Twink's blog in Britain and the Balkans | Oct 1, 2014
- Lovely Ljubljana![b]Never confuse Slovenia with Slovakia or Slavonia, as long as you want to feel smarter than George Bush...........and who doesn't?!
Slovenia is the northernmost of the former Yugoslavian nations. Despite having Austria as its northern neighbour and Posted by Twink's blog in Britain and the Balkans | Sep 28, 2014
- Sistiana to Ljubljana - castles and cavesI feel we may be getting more organised. Two posts in two days - yoo-hoo! (Editors Note on 6 Sept 2014: How wrong can you be.)
This morning we managed to get out of bed at a reasonable hour (8 am Posted by SamSueEurope in Keep up - an Australian family odyssey | Jul 14, 2014
- National Geographic 50 Greatest PhotosIn Ljubljana we went to Ljubljana castle and they had an exhibition of National Geographic 50 greatest photos.
The first one was of the girl with fantastic eyes by Stephan Curry. Some of them I can not remember but I remember Posted by SamSueEurope in Wait for me - long walks with short legs | Jul 31, 2014
- BledBefore I start talking about my travels here, I just want to highly recommend Slovenia to anyone.
I travelled here with my girlfriend, Lydia, for a little break after I'd just came back from Benidorm on a stag do and Posted by TeessideTravels in Teesside Travels | Jul 17, 2014
- Row, row, row your boatThere are various ways to take a trip across Lake Bled or to the island. One of them includes a trip with the traditional boat made by locals which is only known at Bled – the Pletna boat. The origins Posted by beachbuddies in Travel Tales of Two Little Suitcases | Jul 17, 2014
- A Perfect HikeRushing water, a canopy of green, perfect temperature, great views, my travel buddy....all the elements for a wonderful hike. Vintgar Gorge is 4km north of Bled which is where we started our day. Along the narrow passage, where the Posted by beachbuddies in Travel Tales of Two Little Suitcases | Jul 13, 2014
- Oh what a view!!Bled is an alpine town alongside Lake Bled in northwestern Slovenia. Walking around the lake would lead us to the castle that towered above the lake.
Afte Posted by beachbuddies in Travel Tales of Two Little Suitcases | Jul 12, 2014
- Postojnska Jama We took a short bus ride out of Ljubljana to the Postojnska Jama. Jama means cave in Slovene. As we drove through the countryside, we saw the devastation caused to all the trees from the ice storm in Posted by beachbuddies in Travel Tales of Two Little Suitcases | Jul 12, 2014
- Ljubljana Castle or Ljubljanski GradWe were talking about how often it has rained on our holidays. Very rare indeed but I must say it didn't really matter much. There were a sea of umbrellas this morning in Prešeren Square as group of Posted by beachbuddies in Travel Tales of Two Little Suitcases | Jul 10, 2014
- Home Sweet Ljubljana After a six hour train ride, we arrived in Ljubljana Slovenia which has a population of 350 000 in comparison to 1.7 million in Vienna. The country of Slovenia has a total population under two million. We do love Posted by beachbuddies in Travel Tales of Two Little Suitcases | Jul 10, 2014
- Kobarid - Ben and the Soca Valley Bouldering CompetitionWhen we got to Kobarid (on 21st June) we noticed posters advertising the Soca Outdoor Festival which was due to be held here and in the neighbouring town of Tolmin over the weekend of 4-6 July. Then early last week Posted by SamSueEurope in Keep up - an Australian family odyssey | Jul 2, 2014
- Yay!Today I made a really cool discovery. I figured out how to tie my hair back.
Me Posted by SamSueEurope in Wait for me - long walks with short legs | Jun 29, 2014
- Cars and Croatia s it has grown to have basement, large groundfloor quarters and one bed apartments and two bedrooms on the first floor! She brought us some redcurrant cake for breakfast, thought of Tasha and the currants which must be ripening Posted by Combes Caper in Grandfolks Grand Tour | Jun 17, 2014