- SloveniaWhen we were researching this trip, I found loads of information about Slovenia. The tourism industry there seems to have boomed over the past few years, and when you visit, it is extremely easy to navigate, find information and visit Posted by jamesandruth in Trip to Europe 2016 | Nov 11, 2016
- Surprising SloveniaThe railway from Venice to Ljubljana is broken at the moment so we were forced to travel north to Villach in Austria by coach to catch a southbound train through the mountains for the rest of our journey. The alpine Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Nov 5, 2016
- Radovljika[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/831869/IMG_2012092 Posted by pjandc in Travel is a wonderful thing | May 6, 2016
- SloveniaOur friends Megan and Ian wanted to make one last trip to Slovenia before they move back to the States. They came up with the (semi) crazy plan of driving there for a long weekend and we, of course, signed Posted by trackers in ¡Global Nada! | Nov 12, 2015
- Rigonce, Slovenia
Directly on the border with Croatia. The situation here is very controlled. The police in full riot gear are backed up by a strong military presence. Soldiers carrying as Posted by Coulter Adams in The Syrian Exodus | Oct 30, 2015
Anyone wishing to donate money to this worthy cause I'd strongly suggest you do so via the following link.
IHA is the agency I've spent the p Posted by Coulter Adams in The Syrian Exodus | Oct 30, 2015
- Relaxing in SloveniaAirbnb came through with the goods again for our stay in Ljubljana, Slovenia! The apartment turned out to be right in the centre of old town with a view of the river and Castle Hill. The hostess was lovely and Posted by nathanruth in Backpacks, Buses and Beyond | Aug 20, 2015
- Zagreb to LjubljanaAlthough we are not leaving the hotel till 8:15am, rose at 6:00am and went for a walk down to Zagreb train station, which was a stopping point for the Orient Express when it ran. Got a few photos of the Posted by HimalayanPeter in Churchward in Europe | Aug 18, 2015
- Getting my bike stuck inside LidlsFrom Salzburg the plan was to cycle north to southern Poland, then turn south east and cycle more or less straight to Istanbul. But due to a few complications it wasn't to be. Back to the thinking board, and I Posted by Banana Spokes in Bears can ride bikes | Aug 1, 2015
- SloveniaWe are in Slovenia now, enjoying our last few days of the trip! On Saturday we left Trieste and traveled to Ljubljana, Slovenia. Slovenia has been beautiful! We are staying in a nice apartment here right on Posted by rubipool in Matt and Sue's Europe Trip 2015 | Jul 29, 2015
- Slovenian underworldAfter Ljubljana we returned to Bled for a night to collect our much needed Sat Nav before turning South, driving right by Ljubljana again (!) toward Italy.
We stopped at the campground "Adria Ankaran", just south of Trieste on the Posted by bywaterbyland in bywaterbyland | Aug 14, 2014
- Excursion to LjubljanaOur stay in Bled was longer than expected due to a delay in delivery of a new Sat Nav to replace the TomTom which had broke at the beginning of our journey. We decided to visit the capital for two Posted by bywaterbyland in bywaterbyland | Aug 13, 2014
- Lake Bled and Lake BohinjHaving set the alarm for 06:00 to watch – and photograph – the sunrise, I check the weather out of the window. The rain has (temporarily) stopped, but there is no sign of the sun so I crawl back to Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Jun 20, 2015
- Rovinj - BledBetween the late night revellers, the church bells and the early morning seagulls, I had a dreadful night's sleep. We are up early this morning to explore Rovinj before most tourists wake up.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/435774/large_Rovinj_ Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Jun 19, 2015
- Slovenia and Croatia WandererOur latest trip is (re)visiting some parts of the Balkans – a tour around Slovenia and Croatia.
When we get to Heathrow it shocks us just how expensive “Duty Free” is within EU. A bot Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Jun 17, 2015
- To Lake Bled, Slovenia!Upon leaving Garmisch we felt truly thankful that the weather had persuaded to visit this amazing place. With brighter forecasts for Slovenia we said goodbye to Germany and started the 5 hour journey to Lake Bled. Due to prohibitive camping Posted by bywaterbyland in bywaterbyland | Aug 10, 2014
- 2 aliasfasfafsasf Posted by mi-na-poti in Družinski izlet v Azijo | May 24, 2015
- SloveniaI got to Zagreb at about 6am, broke and freakishly hungry. Wandered around the station trying to find something to buy with less than 1 kuna LOL. Eventually I gave up and bought 2 disgusting choco banana things for breakfast. Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Mar 14, 2015
- Slovenia: Predjama and Piran
In the mid afternoon we arrived at Predjama Castle. When I had first started researching Slovenia, pictures of this castle came up frequently and I had marked it as a must see. Apparen Posted by zzlangerhans in Babies in backpacks | Jan 27, 2015
- Slovenia: Postojna and Ljubljana
===After crossing into Slovenia, we still had time to go to the Postojna cave before rolling into Ljubljana. I made sure the course was set in the Google Maps navigation while we were st Posted by zzlangerhans in Babies in backpacks | Jan 26, 2015
- Ljubljana, SloveniaNext stop the gorgeous Ljubljana! Another city that I walked into blind. My eyes are open now, this is on my list of amazing places (I am not convinced that many places I have blogged about haven’t made that list, Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Jan 14, 2015
- Bonus post: Slovenian Culture 101[b]
Or perhaps this is just trivia, take it or leave it!
Back in communist times Coca-Cola was not available in Yugoslavia, so of course that made people really really want it! Then Cockta was manufactured as a sort of compensation! Posted by Twink's blog in Britain and the Balkans | Oct 4, 2014
- More Slovenian Alpine Adventures![b]
Slovenia's Julian Alps fill the north-west corner of the country with craggy limestone peaks worthy of their namesake, Julius Caesar! Two towns compete for the tourist trade and they are both winners: Kranjska Gora takes the winter tourists and Posted by Twink's blog in Britain and the Balkans | Oct 3, 2014
- Slovenian Alpine Adventures[b]
Slovenia's mountains are divided into two regions, the Kamnik Alps due north of Ljubljana, and the Julian Alps tucked in the top left-hand Posted by Twink's blog in Britain and the Balkans | Oct 1, 2014
- Lovely Ljubljana![b]Never confuse Slovenia with Slovakia or Slavonia, as long as you want to feel smarter than George Bush...........and who doesn't?!
Slovenia is the northernmost of the former Yugoslavian nations. Despite having Austria as its northern neighbour and Posted by Twink's blog in Britain and the Balkans | Sep 28, 2014