- Trifecta - wine, food and wineWow, I am at a loss for words, partially because I have been drinking since noon and partially because this country continues to leave me speechless. Another pretty awesome day as we count down to Christmas in Africa.
[center][img=http://photos.travel Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | Dec 23, 2014
- Wine, wine, cars & more wineAnother brilliant day in paradise, to steal/borrow from another friend "Cape Town you are unfairly gorgeous". Stunning. Side note I forgot from yesterday, it was the longest day of the year here and the shortest day of the Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | Dec 22, 2014
- O for Owesome Ostrich
What you looking at?
Like most disasters this story started with a miscommunication. Driving down the highway I saw a roadside sign for an Ostrich Factory, I glanced at Jen enquir Posted by 19jenny79 in A Long Road | Dec 21, 2014
- Reflecting on Cape Town & SharksYesterday's activity started rather early with a 6:30 am pick-up at the hotel followed by a 2.5 hour drive north-east (ish my sense of direction is a bit off as Cape Town winds around several bays and the Table Mountain Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | Dec 21, 2014
- University of LifeToday was another amazing day but in a very different way versus yesterday. Today we saw the another side of the Cape Town and the South African story. Up to today our exposure to the area as Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | Dec 19, 2014
- I think we found heaven on earth - Cape Two Day 2The first full day exploring in South Africa was spectacular. This country specializes in beautiful scenery, strange and wonderful animals, wine and exquisite culinary experiences, what more could someone want?
We started our day with an amazing (I am Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | Dec 18, 2014
- Lions and rhinos and boars, oh my!
The second half of our South African safari was spent on the Chobe River in Botswana, at in Zimbabwe’s Victoria Falls and at the Kruger National Park in north easte Posted by tylerandshawna in Tyler and Shawna's Great Adventure | Nov 30, 2014
- Cape TownA month or so ago, I decided I needed to get a quick trip in before I leave Malawi. The two destinations that I chose between in the end was Zanzibar and Cape Town. I had heard amazing things about Posted by tylerwein in Backpacks Are For Travel, Not School | Nov 26, 2014
- The Beautiful Garden Route
Tyler and I spent 11 days on the famous Garden route, driving along the rugged not-unlike-Northern-California coast. We were both sad to leave Cape Town, but we immediately found so Posted by tylerandshawna in Tyler and Shawna's Great Adventure | Nov 20, 2014
- Everything will be okay in the end...The mornings continued to be early. The next day, 11 of us got up for a 5.30 departure back to Kruger. Five of us for a full day game drive and six of us for just a half day. As Posted by madeinmold in Made in Africa | Nov 17, 2014
- Best Day EverTuesday brought with it our earliest start yet. I'd been sleeping well until my alarm went off at 4.40am. I was sat outside the bus by 5, first in the queue for a good seat for our morning drive. By Posted by madeinmold in Made in Africa | Nov 15, 2014
- A very respectable border crossingAnd so it was time to leave Mozambique and head back to Dana's homeland.
We were up at the crack of dawn for a 6am departure. I was awoken at 5am by what sounded like an attempted break-in but turned Posted by madeinmold in Made in Africa | Nov 14, 2014
- Cape Town, San Francisco's Sister City
Cape town is my new favorite city. It is the perfect blend of city, nature, weather, cultures and activities. We spent four nights here but could have stayed four weeks. There are enough Posted by tylerandshawna in Tyler and Shawna's Great Adventure | Nov 14, 2014
- Cape Town Posted by GT Travel in GT Travel | Oct 29, 2014
- Another Brick in the WallI have spent four weeks working at Sitintile High School, in the township of Kanyamazane, Mpumalanga, that goes from grades 8 – 12 (Years 9 – 13 for the Brits). Before I arrived I had heard and read about the Posted by SpannaB in Around the world in 80 songs | Oct 7, 2014
- Was bist du schön Camps BayHuhu
Samstag haben wir uns mit Mortens neuem "Chef" getroffen, der gute ist eher unser Alter und hat eine total bezaubernde afrikanische Freundin. Die versteht man zum Glück, die meisten Leute hier reden mit einem ziemlich krassen Britischem-Niederländi Posted by KimmiMorten in Cape Town | Oct 5, 2014
- KraaaboooomMoin Moin,
Freitag waren wir in dem Good Hope Castle, wurde von den Niederländern während der Kolonialisierung gebaut um sich gegen die Briten zu wehren, die Kapstadt ebenfalls als zwischenstopp nach Indien ganz anziehend fanden. Da die Briten aber sc Posted by KimmiMorten in Cape Town | Oct 5, 2014
- Unsere UnterkunftSooo ihr Lieben,
heute werdet ihr mal wieder gut mit Fotos versorgt. Nachdem so viele gefragt haben wie es denn bei uns aussieht hier ein kleiner Eintrag zu unserem Guest House. Lisa ist Engländerin und hat hier eine Baseballcap Fabrik, Posted by KimmiMorten in Cape Town | Oct 5, 2014
- Day2 SightseeingHallo :)
heute waren wir als richtige Touris unterwegs mit dem roten Doppeldecker Bus. Einige Eindrücke könnt ihr in den Bildern wieder finden.
Kirstenbosch Gardens - ein mega Blick über die Berge [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/710545/lar Posted by KimmiMorten in Cape Town | Oct 1, 2014
- Adventures In SolitudeWhilst although not entirely an accurate title (that's right Clarabel - I used a dictionary!) I feel that almost a month and a half without seeing any of your family and friends is solitude in a certain respect. Listen to Posted by SpannaB in Around the world in 80 songs | Sep 22, 2014
- Jo'burg!Longest plane ride is over - here safe and sound. Although we are both a little light headed from being upside down (southern hemi joke…). And the toilets really do flush the other direction.
Staying at nice, but non-descript hotel Posted by cheetahpeeps in 21000 miles | Sep 12, 2014
- Just landed....Welcome to our African Adventure!
At last, we start our journey to South Africa. As we board the plane, Poonam becomes nostalgic as she passes Business class and on to Economy. And so she begins her journey Posted by SouthAfrica2014 in Welcome to our South African Adventure | Sep 11, 2014
- Cape Town, my new home?After a 4 hour delay in Dubai sitting in a giant flying tin can with a broken computer, sitting on the runway in 40 degrees I finally arrived in Cape Town in the dark, rain and to a taxi that Posted by kayles in The Orsum Adventures | Sep 10, 2014
- Hakuna MatataThere are a few things wrong with using this [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB5ceAruYrI|song]] as the title for this entry. However, it's probably the only time I'm going to get to use a song from Lion King, and if you know me well, you Posted by SpannaB in Around the world in 80 songs | Aug 29, 2014
- Voortrekker Monument and Cullinan MineAccomodation & Voortrekker
Posted by biancahylke in Southern Africa | Aug 27, 2014