- CREATING HOPE FOR THE FUTURE (lionalert.org 31.01.14)
Midlands Children’s Hope Centre (MCHC) was founded in 1996 as a response to the growing number of street children living in Gweru, Zimbabwe. The centre works with orphans and vulnerabl Posted by timeforafrica in It's time for Africa | Mar 2, 2014
- Last 5 days in Cape TownAfter two weeks of Cape Town I really can say that this city is so nice! The people are relaxed and friendly. The area is beautiful and the weather, at least in the summer, is so nice. I should probably Posted by Elisebuiter in Africa | Feb 21, 2014
- Sunny Cape Town and great whitesThe past days we had some time to explore Cape Town. The weather here is gorgeous, clear skies, 28-34 degrees with a cool sea breeze. I wake up at 8 because of the temperature and we sit outside until after Posted by Elisebuiter in Africa | Feb 14, 2014
- Killarney race trackAfter a long travel (24+ hours door to door and a stroll along the beach, we had a drink with some of the racing people at a very nice garage with cars to expensive to race in - with was Posted by Elisebuiter in Africa | Feb 8, 2014
- South Africa - the hidden gem!After exploring colorful Asia for 3 months, catching up with family and friends in Iran and Dubai over Christmas and NYE, it was time to close one chapter and begin the next: 3 months of AFRICA combining cruising and Posted by Ebadis.AAAtrip in M&S AAA trip! | Feb 6, 2014
- SA Garden Route and SafariHad a fantastic time since our last update, we continued our journey along the garden route with 3 great companions and an excellent guide, we moved from Oudtshoorn to Knysna for a further 2 nights with time spent at the Posted by CandL in The BIG Trip | Jan 31, 2014
- Cape Town and onwards.Well this is our first attempt at the blog so sorry if it's not quite right we will try to improve as we go on... Flight was good however 12 hours is a long time and when you planning goes Posted by CandL in The BIG Trip | Jan 22, 2014
- 2012 C6 OCEAN PRINCESS - TABLE MOUNTAIN==STILL NOT TIME FOR THE BOAT RIDE==
===SO - IT HAS TO BE ANOTHER TRY FOR THE TOP OF TABLE MOUNTAIN===
SEE THE LITTLE BIT OF SOMETHING STICKING OUT AT THE TOP RIGHT?
THAT'S THE CABLE CAR STOP......
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/64 Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Apr 16, 2012
- 2012 C5 OCEAN PRINCESS - CAPE TOWN WINERIES==A TOUR OF SOME WINERIES==
===THREE MAYBE - IT'S A BIT FUZZY===
THIS IS ONE....VERY NICE.
MUST BE SOME SERIOUS CASH IN THE WINE BUSINESS...
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint. Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Apr 16, 2012
- 2012 C4 OCEAN PRINCESS - CAPE of GOOD HOPETHIS WAS A BLUSTERY DAY OUT WITH ONE OF THE BEST GUIDES EVER ON A TOUR. PERFECT PACE, GREAT DIRECTIONS & KEPT US ALL ON TIME. THERE IS NOTHING WORSE ON A TOUR THAN WAITING ON A TOUR BUS FOR Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Apr 16, 2012
- 2012 C3 OCEAN PRINCESS - CAPE TOWN==CAPE TOWN.....==
===I'VE HEARD PEOPLE CALL IT THE MOST BEAUTIFUL CITY IN THE WORLD===
===MIGHT WELL BE THE CASE. ===
BUT WE ARE NOT QUITE THERE YET.
THIS OVER AFRICA SOMEWHERE
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/645621/large_P1110870 Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Apr 16, 2012
- 2013 A2 OCEANIA - CAPE TOWN==CAPE TOWN...==
Since I had only been on Cape Town the prior May & had done most of the tourist stuff, I decided on a tour to the Townships. These being areas set up during aparthei Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Feb 18, 2012
- CAPE PENINSULA, SOUTH AFRICAI spent a few days in the Cape Peninsula (the area from Cape Town, south all the way to the Cape of Good Hope). One morning I took the train from Simonstown up to Cape Town. It took about an Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Dec 14, 2013
- FALSE BAY, SOUTH AFRICAHeres my fave photo from this leg of my trip!!!!!
After 3 nights in Swakopmund, Namibia, I flew back to South Africa. I landed in Cape Town at 7:30pm and took a prebooked shuttle (wit Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Dec 8, 2013
- A storm, some rest and lots of wine!14th November - 18th November
I think the world has Posted by Theepictrip13 in The Epic Trip 13 | Nov 18, 2013
- First Day and divingWe arrived in Cape Town, tired but having had a uneventful ni Posted by Theepictrip13 in The Epic Trip 13 | Nov 13, 2013
- KRUGER NATIONAL PARK, SOUTH AFRICAI make $13 an hour ... if I can afford an African safari, so can you! Mind you, I'm the biggest penny pincher you'll ever meet, but I travel far & wide every year, you just gotta know that the Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Nov 8, 2013
- BLYDE RIVER CANYON, SOUTH AFRICASo many people who travel to South Africa only go to see Kruger National Park. They bypass the incredible Blyde River Canyon, not even knowing its there! It is the world's 3rd largest canyon, but the world's largest green canyon! Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Nov 3, 2013
- Scenic tour along the south coastIt has been a busy few days! On Saturday I went surfing in the morning but the wind was quite strong and it made catching waves tough. I went back after lunch to find there had been a shark spotting Posted by grichmond in Kaapstad 2013 | Oct 29, 2013
- Muizenberg, Cape Town
It is already Day 2 in SA. Arrived late on the 23rd and had no problems. The flight (KLM) was amazing. Great food, lots of room in my seat and great service. I am happy that I w Posted by grichmond in Kaapstad 2013 | Oct 25, 2013
- Off to more adventuresUntil we return home we will now be on a plane everyday except one. Today our travels are from Durban to Johannesburg. On our way to the Durban airport we encountered quite a lot of traffic. From large trucks to Posted by dtbradley in South Africa & Victoria Falls | Oct 10, 2013
- Water Day in St Lucia Today was scheduled to be water day. Morning in the iSimangaliso preserve and wetland park and then a boat ride through the St. Lucia estuary. The ISimangaliso is a Unesco world heritage site, not on the basis of having most Posted by dtbradley in South Africa & Victoria Falls | Oct 7, 2013
- Hluhluwe Imfolozi Game DriveMorning came too early, but started off sunny and warm. We were overdressed and Troy went back in the room and left his jacket. We were joined by some folks from England, a delightful, retired couple, Chris and Barbara. After Posted by dtbradley in South Africa & Victoria Falls | Oct 7, 2013
- Addo and then on the moveWe got up At 5:30 am again today for a short game drive. The sun was shining and it was a beautiful morning. We saw more birds than anything; however, we did see a number of baboons, monkeys and warthogs. We Posted by dtbradley in South Africa & Victoria Falls | Oct 7, 2013
- Addo Elephant ParkUp at 5:30 am to go on Safari. This morning we got a better view of the elephants, saw many warthogs and got to spend a significant amount of time with the water buffalo. The completely open-air vehicle provided 360 degree Posted by dtbradley in South Africa & Victoria Falls | Oct 7, 2013