- Day 14Day 14... crazy to think I've already got two weeks down and only one left! Today was our day off at Cullinan. I've already been to Cullinan so I chose to stay home and work on Kevin's bracelet (and Posted by grendak in South Africa | Jul 24, 2016
- Day 13Day 13 began bright and early for feeding and cleaning. Oddly they decided to scatter feed (throw meat over) most of the animals so I'm not sure why we woke up so early, but whatever. While we were waiting for Posted by grendak in South Africa | Jul 23, 2016
- Day 11Day 11
Day 2 of our Madikwe adventure began bright and early at 5:30 am. Our morning game drive began before the sun was up and was quite chilly!!! We were on the tracks of the wild dogs for almost Posted by grendak in South Africa | Jul 21, 2016
- Joburg to Balule Reserve, 3.7.2016
Mobil zvoní v 5:30, ale vše zvládáme v pohodě, těšíme se na dobrodružství, balíme, nakládáme zavazadla do expedičního vozidla. Na 6:00 je snídaně - cornflakes, jogurt, ovoce, tousty, ka Posted by McCaffreyD in RSA, Zanzibar 2016 | Jul 21, 2016
- Joburg, Soweto, 2.7.2016Do Joburgu dorážíme dopoledne a tak je naším prvním zážitkem již taxi jízda z letiště do lodge. Z letiště vede cosi jako dálnice, takže na první pohled působí vše civilizovaně. Po chvilce ale registruji ploty, které mají po většinou ostnaté Posted by McCaffreyD in RSA, Zanzibar 2016 | Jul 20, 2016
- Day 9Day 9 began with animal checks as usual then the two new people headed out on enclosure orientation with Graeme while Meg and I (the only two remaining "old" volunteers) cleaned the big enclosure with Georgie and Kat. Since we Posted by grendak in South Africa | Jul 19, 2016
- Day 8Day 8 began with saying goodbye to Anke and then animal checks as usual, but we also added animal enrichment to the agenda. Normally this consists of elephant or rhino dung, but I had brought a bottle of Calvin Klein Posted by grendak in South Africa | Jul 18, 2016
- Day 7Yikes, day 7 means I'm already one week in :( Time flies when you're having fun... er, shoveling lion poop! We spent the morning moving lions around. We needed to get Delta out of the big enclosure so Posted by grendak in South Africa | Jul 17, 2016
- Day 6Day 6 was an early morning so that we could feed and clean both the north and south enclosures by lunch. My group went with Jade and cleaned the cubs enclosure as well as north (Meg & Amy, Duke & Posted by grendak in South Africa | Jul 16, 2016
- Day 5We started day 5 with animal checks as usual and then had a bit of time before heading off to Mongena, so me and two other volunteers spent some time down with the cubbies. We then headed off to Mongena Posted by grendak in South Africa | Jul 15, 2016
- Day 4We started day 4 off cleaning the nightpens that we never got to yesterday (due to being three volunteers down). My group just so happened to be cleaning Livy, Ginny & Vayetse's enclosure when Kevin arrived at the sanctuary Posted by grendak in South Africa | Jul 14, 2016
- Botswana & Okavango Delta
We began our tour of Botswana with a long drive and an even longer border crossing!
[i]Nous avons commence notre Safari au Botswana avec une longue route de Johannesbourg jusqu'a Kama Rhino Sa Posted by jillandloic in Jill and Loïc Adventures of a lifetime | Jul 14, 2016
- Day 3Day 3 was an interesting day because three of the volunteers decided to go to the shopping mall for the day, so there were only three of us left to feed both north and south. Because of that, we got Posted by grendak in South Africa | Jul 13, 2016
- Day 2Day 2 started off with animal checks and weeding (with Ranger George). Once winter hits, they need to clear all of the dead leaves and grass away from the electric fences. Sadly there are a couple of volunteers Posted by grendak in South Africa | Jul 12, 2016
- Day 1Finally back at Welgedacht!!! We got to the reserve around 11:30 am, which was nice because we still had most of the day :) The film cubs happened to be up in the enclosure by the fridge, so as soon Posted by grendak in South Africa | Jul 11, 2016
- Drakensberg MountainsWe just finished a week of hiking (and no internet) in the Drakensberg Mountain region. We started hiking in an area called Monk's Cowl. The highlight was meeting at a restaurant, a lovely family from Jo'burg, who invited Posted by jillandloic in Jill and Loïc Adventures of a lifetime | Jul 9, 2016
- Kruger National ParkAfter 4 days without internet, we are finally able to catch up!
Apres 4 jours sans Internet (gasp), nous sommes de retour en ligne.
Sunday we flew from Cape Town to Johannesburg.
Dimanche nous avons quitte Le Cap pour Johannesbourg.
Posted by jillandloic in Jill and Loïc Adventures of a lifetime | Jul 8, 2016
- Knysna and the Garden RouteSorry, very little pictures this time, the website is broken. We'll put more a Facebook.
Desole, tres peu d'image cette fois ci, le site web est casse. Nous eettrons quelques unes sur Facebook
Driving from Outdshoorn to the garden route, or coa Posted by jillandloic in Jill and Loïc Adventures of a lifetime | Jun 26, 2016
- Stellenbosch and FranschhoekWe spent two beautiful days in the wine country west of Cape Town.
On Friday, we took the walking tour of Stellenbosch and learned a lot about the history of the area.
[i]Nous avons passe deux journees dans Posted by jillandloic in Jill and Loïc Adventures of a lifetime | Jun 21, 2016
- OudtshoornOudtshoorn (pronounced oats- horn) is Ostrich country. We dedicate this entry to our dads in honor of Father's Day. Dad, if I were with you in Wisconsin right now we'd maybe go for a ride on the John Posted by jillandloic in Jill and Loïc Adventures of a lifetime | Jun 19, 2016
- Outside the WireKruger National Park is a transfrontier reserve straddling the borders of Mozambique, South Africa and Zimbabwe. It is reputed to be one of the best game parks in the world, and it did not disappoint. Susanna and I left Maputo Posted by mbeymer in The Whole Story | Sep 27, 2010
- 466 / 64This trip was originally planned for a long 4-day, 2-holiday weekend during the first week of September, but riots over bread prices and subsequent security issues stimulated the U.S. government to confine me and the rest of its employees to Posted by mbeymer in The Whole Story | Sep 13, 2010
- Cape TownLoic and I made it safely to Cape Town and were greeted by cold, rainy weather, but what's new. At least South Africa's excuse for the weather is that it's the middle of winter.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/829556/IMG_20160614_145208.jpg thum Posted by jillandloic in Jill and Loïc Adventures of a lifetime | Jun 17, 2016
Loic and I along with Chip spent an amazing wine-filled weekend with Loic's sister and her partner Melanie at their home near Bordeaux! Every night we enjoyed great cooking and wine, much of which was made by Melanie who Posted by jillandloic in Jill and Loïc Adventures of a lifetime | Jun 14, 2016
- An Elephant
Posted by Stittman in Not in Kenya | Jun 5, 2016