- Ride-alongsSunday is my designated day off and a few of the volunteers headed up to Howick Falls, north of Pietermaritzburg.
Nearby is the site of Nelson Mandela's capture in 19 Posted by arianemeena in Sala Kahle | Apr 15, 2014
- Johannesburg, South Africa [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/631888/6A0F6B892219AC681781D809B6F21972.jpg Posted by Perrsue in Sue's world | Apr 12, 2014
- PE & Western CapeA few highlights of our road trip with Keith and Bev Meaker:
1- Port Elizabeth - an opportunity to spend time with the Meaker clan, catch up with good friends in nearby Port Alfred and take a trip down memory lane Posted by gregandissy in There and back again | Apr 12, 2014
- SAFARI, Kruger National Park, South Africa [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/631888/2EC8BAB22219AC681786666B94A98785.jpg Posted by Perrsue in Sue's world | Apr 11, 2014
- Farewell to my Friends on the ship [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/631888/2D50F5FD2219AC6817A8775674AB3A77.jpg Posted by Perrsue in Sue's world | Apr 11, 2014
- Cape Town , South Africa [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/631888/2C1E87792219AC68176FFE48F07C5D0A.jpg Posted by Perrsue in Sue's world | Apr 11, 2014
- This is Africa After an exhausting week of skiing and an even more tiring weekend of pole dancing (photos redacted) it was no wonder I slept most of the way to Johannesburg. I had a couple of hours to kill at the airport Posted by arianemeena in Sala Kahle | Apr 7, 2014
- Mitch & Bokkie's WeddingHowzit! Our first post - how exciting!
Departure from Cayman: March 25th, 7:45 Am local time - Arrival in Johannesburg: March 27th, 7:30 AM local time.
Despite some last minu Posted by gregandissy in There and back again | Apr 5, 2014
- CAPE TOWN, SOUTH AFRICA – DAY 3
We had read that Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens is “one of the Top Ten Gardens in the World”, so we went to see for ourselves, even though most flowers are not blossoming here in the beginning Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Apr 1, 2014
- CAPE TOWN, SOUTH AFRICA – DAY 2
Today is the first day of the 5th and final segment of the World Cruise. For the next 21 days we will be sailing North up the West coast of Africa and on to Southamp Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Mar 31, 2014
- Durban, South Africa[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/631888/F26D735F2219AC68174ABCC7A09D2735.jpg Posted by Perrsue in Sue's world | Mar 31, 2014
- CAPE TOWN, SOUTH AFRICA - DAY 1
Some of our South African crew members will be going home for vacation when we arrive in Cape Town and a few were in standing in the bow of the ship as we sailed towar Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Mar 30, 2014
- PORT ELIZABETH, SOUTH AFRICA
Our plans for a Day Safari from Port Elizabeth had been in place for a few months. We sailed into port under unexpectedly clear skies and cooler weather, and along w Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Mar 28, 2014
- DURBAN, SOUTH AFRICA
Durban, with a population of 3 ½ million, is the third most populous city in South Africa and is the busiest port in Africa. It has become a major tourist destination Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Mar 25, 2014
- Cape Town, A Tale of Two CitiesCape Town is chic, modern city with tons of sights to see. And was recently named the New York Times #1 place to visit for 2014. Do you know what's even better than Cape Town? Cape Posted by Scatman in 40 K Miles, 6 Months | Mar 9, 2014
- CREATING HOPE FOR THE FUTURE (lionalert.org 31.01.14)
Midlands Children’s Hope Centre (MCHC) was founded in 1996 as a response to the growing number of street children living in Gweru, Zimbabwe. The centre works with orphans and vulnerabl Posted by timeforafrica in It's time for Africa | Mar 2, 2014
- Last 5 days in Cape TownAfter two weeks of Cape Town I really can say that this city is so nice! The people are relaxed and friendly. The area is beautiful and the weather, at least in the summer, is so nice. I should probably Posted by Elisebuiter in Africa | Feb 21, 2014
- Sunny Cape Town and great whitesThe past days we had some time to explore Cape Town. The weather here is gorgeous, clear skies, 28-34 degrees with a cool sea breeze. I wake up at 8 because of the temperature and we sit outside until after Posted by Elisebuiter in Africa | Feb 14, 2014
- Killarney race trackAfter a long travel (24+ hours door to door and a stroll along the beach, we had a drink with some of the racing people at a very nice garage with cars to expensive to race in - with was Posted by Elisebuiter in Africa | Feb 8, 2014
- South Africa - the hidden gem!After exploring colorful Asia for 3 months, catching up with family and friends in Iran and Dubai over Christmas and NYE, it was time to close one chapter and begin the next: 3 months of AFRICA combining cruising and Posted by Ebadis.AAAtrip in M&S AAA trip! | Feb 6, 2014
- SA Garden Route and SafariHad a fantastic time since our last update, we continued our journey along the garden route with 3 great companions and an excellent guide, we moved from Oudtshoorn to Knysna for a further 2 nights with time spent at the Posted by CandL in The BIG Trip | Jan 31, 2014
- Cape Town and onwards.Well this is our first attempt at the blog so sorry if it's not quite right we will try to improve as we go on... Flight was good however 12 hours is a long time and when you planning goes Posted by CandL in The BIG Trip | Jan 22, 2014
- 2012 C6 OCEAN PRINCESS - TABLE MOUNTAIN==STILL NOT TIME FOR THE BOAT RIDE==
===SO - IT HAS TO BE ANOTHER TRY FOR THE TOP OF TABLE MOUNTAIN===
SEE THE LITTLE BIT OF SOMETHING STICKING OUT AT THE TOP RIGHT?
THAT'S THE CABLE CAR STOP......
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/64 Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Apr 16, 2012
- 2012 C5 OCEAN PRINCESS - CAPE TOWN WINERIES==A TOUR OF SOME WINERIES==
===THREE MAYBE - IT'S A BIT FUZZY===
THIS IS ONE....VERY NICE.
MUST BE SOME SERIOUS CASH IN THE WINE BUSINESS...
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint. Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Apr 16, 2012
- 2012 C4 OCEAN PRINCESS - CAPE of GOOD HOPETHIS WAS A BLUSTERY DAY OUT WITH ONE OF THE BEST GUIDES EVER ON A TOUR. PERFECT PACE, GREAT DIRECTIONS & KEPT US ALL ON TIME. THERE IS NOTHING WORSE ON A TOUR THAN WAITING ON A TOUR BUS FOR Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Apr 16, 2012