- A NIGHT IN JAIL==South Africa 2003==
A road from Colesberg runs north across the rolling hills of the Karoo for 60 kilomet Posted by ADAMYAMEY in SOUTH AFRICA | Apr 22, 2017
- Krüger Nationalpark[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/446651/K800_P10105 Posted by Anahera in Sarah is traveling the world... | Apr 10, 2017
- Game DrivesLions so close you could touch them, although you may not want to,
Rhino's that may be extinct soon,[img=http://photos.tr Posted by Lauriesam in South Africa | Apr 7, 2017
- The Game ReserveI am more than lucky that this is my fourth trip to South Africa and each time we have visited at least one game reserve. To describe a 'safari' in a game reserve I would say it is Posted by Lauriesam in South Africa | Apr 2, 2017
- On The Road Again==Keep your hands and legs in the vehicle, the animals you see are real==
It's been an amazing trip so far, everyday has been special and now the game reserve.
We take the bumpy ride back to Cape Town Airport Posted by Lauriesam in South Africa | Apr 2, 2017
- Morukuru Family Ocean House===A Special Treat===
I don't think any of us knew what we were in for when we picked this lovely place and I think I can speak for all four of us when I say we thought it was magical.
Leaving Stellenbosch Posted by Lauriesam in South Africa | Apr 1, 2017
- De Hoop Nature Reserve - Ocean House Part ThreeHiking in the morning and a boat ride in the afternoon, it's hard to imagine that there is so much to do here because I think I am in the middle of nowhere. Also as I have explained the warm Posted by Lauriesam in South Africa | Mar 27, 2017
- Exploring De Hoop - Ocean House Part Two==Rugged luxury and first class hospitality ==
We quickly unpack our bags to get a bit organized in our new digs and meet up to go for some dune boarding and sundowners on the dunes near the beach. We all take Posted by Lauriesam in South Africa | Mar 23, 2017
- A Long and Winding Road - Ocean House Part One==Sometimes when I travel I wonder if I have gone to far==
Leaving the posh but relaxing environment of Stellenbosch we hop in the Jeep and leave all the shops and restaurants behind. We head off to the East South East Posted by Lauriesam in South Africa | Mar 22, 2017
- The Joy of Delaire==What is a place if not for the people who are passionate about what they do?==
Delaire Graff is a stunning property that wraps its graceful arms around you when you arrive. Coming from the busy waterfront in Cape Town the Posted by Lauriesam in South Africa | Mar 21, 2017
- Visa ApplicationSo, last week Thursday Bianka and I went to Capago in Sandton to apply for our visas.
This is the process I dislike the most, yet it is so easy to do. Have all the paperwork, tick all the boxes and Posted by alegrange in Europe 2017 | Mar 20, 2017
- Cheers, It's Wine CountryIt's only about an hour from the hustle and bustle of Cape Town's water front to the lush and elegant Stellenbosch.
Our accommodations in Stellenbosch are pretty spectacular, it is so peaceful here you can here the leaves rustling on the Posted by Lauriesam in South Africa | Mar 19, 2017
- Cape Town - Off the Beaten Path===On The Way to Paternoster===
Sometimes as a tourist I want to get off the beaten path and driving up the west coast out of Cape Town is a good way to do that. You really need to bring some supplies Posted by Lauriesam in South Africa | Mar 17, 2017
- It's A Wonderful World in Cape TownCape Town is so beautiful I can easily imagine living here.
Life can be very good here, people are quite friendly, food is fantastic, the weather is excellent and the physical beauty is remarkable.[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/739577/LGS_0215.jp Posted by Lauriesam in South Africa | Mar 17, 2017
- The Chef's Table (for real)==A Night to Remember==
This was a special night for so many reasons starting and ending with great company, fantastic food, too much wine and lots of laughter. What more can you ask for.
Our group started the evening in the Planet Posted by Lauriesam in South Africa | Mar 13, 2017
- ARGUS 2017Cape Town's ARGUS bike race was scheduled for this morning with 35,000 cyclists from all over the world here for the big event were disappointed when the race was cancelled due to extreme high winds. Watch the short video on Posted by Lauriesam in South Africa | Mar 11, 2017
- Welcome Back to Cape TownIt took us 38 hours door to door from our home in the US to our home for the next week in Cape Town. This included two overnight flights and a lengthy layover in London, and the final hop from Posted by Lauriesam in South Africa | Mar 11, 2017
- Dél-AfrikaDél-Afrikába már visszatérő vendég vagyok, ami nem véletlen, hisz ez egyik kedvenc országom. Ennek nagy szerepe volt abban is, hogy bátran neki mertem vágni ennek az egész túrának. Egyszerűen imádom ezt az országot.
[center][img=http://photos.travellersp Posted by makrancziagi in Ági Afrikában | Mar 9, 2017
- South Africa
I thought I had seen the last of this crappy airport. They built a new one but South African Airways has been relegated to the old one and 2 of you who get this know how crappy that is. Posted by madrona38 in Kenya and beyond 2011 | Feb 28, 2017
- Cape TownWe had never been to Cape Town before; never been to South Africa before and, in fact, never been to Africa before, so it was all new to us.
The flight to Cape Town was very long. We first flew for Posted by irenevt in Cape Town | Feb 11, 2017
- Amazing South AfricaI have been to a lot of beautiful places in my lifetime, but there is something exceptional about South Africa. The world had a glimpse of Cape Town's remarkable beauty when they hosted the World Cup, but seeing something on Posted by HappyWanderer in Travel is Good For the Soul | Jan 10, 2017
- WHY I VISITED BARKLY EAST[center]A noteworthy grandfather[/center]
There used to be a mountain railway (with switch-backs zig-zagging up and down mountain sides) connecting Barkly East with its neighbour Lady Grey, but now it no longer functions. It was built with t Posted by ADAMYAMEY in SOUTH AFRICA | Jan 8, 2017
- Cape Town
We left JFK airport at 10.30 pm for the beginning of our trip to South Africa. And arrived at Frankfurt at 11 am on the 24th October. There we had a 10 hour layover which was not Posted by Taqui in Vancouver and America | Nov 20, 2016
- 2016 South Africa==Kruger==
Day 1: Arrive at lunch time, brief rest, then a private safari
Day 3: late morning safari, even boat tour
Day 2: morning safari, evening safari
Day 4: very early morning start, 4am for the drive to Kruger - rhinos, elephants, lions, giraffe Posted by wsweetman in Here and There | Nov 14, 2016
- May the memory of Africa be with you, alwaysSunday, 30 October
My last full day in Africa… This was a difficult day to get through, far more difficult than I thought it would be.
Max and I were up early; it had been a cool night and we Posted by Glichez in World Tour 2016 | Nov 4, 2016