Blog Entries tagged 'South_Africa'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'South_Africa'
- A Tale of Two CitiesMy second stay in South Africa were a short three days around Cape Town that highlighted the huge differences within South Africa.
Cape Town is a beautiful city situated right at the ocean with majestic table mount ain in the background, Posted by maike42 in Nordish by Nature | Sep 23, 2015
- Into the Wild
Lion and lioness - not disturbed at all by the visitors around them
The adventure of traveling through Southern and East Africa began with Posted by maike42 in Nordish by Nature | Sep 20, 2015
- Cape TownA month or so ago, I decided I needed to get a quick trip in before I leave Malawi. The two destinations that I chose between in the end was Zanzibar and Cape Town. I had heard amazing things about Posted by tylerwein in Backpacks Are For Travel, Not School | Nov 26, 2014
- South Africa – 4 friends, a Mercedes, sharks and a 211m jumpWe made it to our hostel in Johannesburg a little disappointed – miles out of the way therefore a fortune in a taxi and no mod cons or wifi as we were expecting – nevertheless, it suited our biggest requirements Posted by moseyingmizuiks in Morning Coffee | May 1, 2013
- The final finale, from Botswana to the lovely South AfricaBy this time we’ve already travelled for over 36 days on the tour. After a weekend of rest and frolics we were ready to head south!
On the Sunday, we met our new Belgian tour guide Bjorn Posted by moseyingmizuiks in Morning Coffee | Apr 15, 2013
- July 4th, Decisions and a Quick Stop in JohannesburgJuly 4th is a big deal for Jesse and Nathan. Our street back home, Fraser, has a big block party where the street is closed to cars and the kids take over. It's a real blast and the boys look Posted by TooMuchLuggage in Around the World in 172 Days | Jul 5, 2012
- Cape Town Visit - the Non-Hospital PartOur stay in Cape Town was meant to be 24 hours to visit a friend and his family, shop, eat at a fantastic local restaurant and fly off to Namibia. The drive into Cape Town from the east is quite Posted by TooMuchLuggage in Around the World in 172 Days | Jun 20, 2012
- Rugby Reunion, Surfing, Biltong and a Week in Jeffrey's Bay[Editor's Note: This is being written many days after it occurred]
Since I've been so many times and the surf isn't particularly kid-friendly, we would have skipped Jeffrey's Bay on this trip if it were not for a connection from Jesse's Posted by TooMuchLuggage in Around the World in 172 Days | Jun 12, 2012
- Surf and Turf - South African Style[Editors Note: This is being posted many days after it transpired]
When I was a correspondent, South Africa was one of my favorite countries to visit. Over the years I've made it to the surfing mecca of Jeffrey's Bay, on the Posted by TooMuchLuggage in Around the World in 172 Days | Jun 5, 2012
- 2 ERs, a Hospitalization and Cavities in South AfricaTravel blogs tend to show the postcard moments of a trip. When I agreed to write a blog I promised it would include at least some of the ugly bits, as well. When we were preparing for our trip we Posted by TooMuchLuggage in Around the World in 172 Days | Jun 16, 2012
- A Home in JohannesburgThe thing about South Africa for me is that it is familiar and completely foreign at the same time. Crime or the fear of it seems to have lessened since the last time we where here, fours years ago, Posted by RoamSchooler in Around the World in 172 Days | Jun 4, 2012
- The little town of Wagon-House-CliffThe first half of our Saturday we spent at Agulhas, before returning to Arniston. At Arniston we went to the hotel to warm up with Hot Chocolate with a beautiful view of this dangerous ocean in front of us. Arniston Posted by Anja Fourie in Exploradoranja | Aug 10, 2011
- "The most beautiful colonial town Europeans ever built"My heart skipped a little beat when I read the forum post by [[http://www.travellerspoint.com/member_profile.cfm?user=JUANnOGNEN|JUANnOGNEN]] in this thread: [[http://www.travellerspoint.com/forum.cfm?thread=78598|Best European-Influenced City]].
Accor Posted by Anja Fourie in Exploradoranja | Apr 9, 2011
- First bump in the road.I woke quite early this morning. Having made it to check-in for my flight out of Sydney with only minutes to spare and after experiencing the disorganisation of Jo’burg International Airport firsthand the night before, I was determined to be Posted by VincitVeritas in My African Odyssey | Apr 4, 2011
- It begins... I must admit, I didn't get much sleep last night - too many thoughts running through my head. I did eventually doze off just as the sun was coming up but couldn't have got more than an hour of decent Posted by VincitVeritas in My African Odyssey | Mar 31, 2011
- Trip to LangebaanThe past few days have been amazing!!! We packed up our luggage (LOTS of it) and loaded it all in the back of my parents' car. 5 of us + plus my mom = me squashed into the boot of Posted by dorktastic in Tale of a Bumbling Backpacker | Dec 9, 2010
- Afrika - Genel BakışDaha önceden blog müdavimlerime söz verdiğim gibi, benden sonra aynı yolu tepecek seyyahların kulağına küpe olabilecek kısa kısa anektodlar yazmak istiyorum. (Şu an uçağın kalkış saatini beklediğim bir huşu ve esenlik hali içindeyim ve bu yazıyı şimdi ve Posted by cerenmus in Afrika Gezi Güncesi | Jan 20, 2011
- Back "home"Well we made it to South Africa! G hasn't been back since 1987 so it was his homecoming!
We spent a night on the banks of the Orange River swimming (and finally showering to get the sand out of every part Posted by ctravelbug in escape to africa | Oct 7, 2010