Blog Entries tagged 'South_Korea'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'South_Korea'
- South Korea P3: Tips and bits upon arrival ===This is Part 3 of my SK series. ===You can read [[http://beyondpassportstamps.travellerspoint.com/1/|PART 1 here]] and [[http://beyondpassportstamps.travellerspoint.com/2/|Part 2 here]].
More than a month after I got my visa, my much awaited fan-g Posted by Phpassport in Beyond passport stamps | Jun 19, 2016
- South Korea: Travelling outside SEAsia for the first time[center]Land of the morning calm.
Ramen kimchi jjigae[/center]
[center]Nobody, nobody but you **clap clap [i](I learned Posted by Phpassport in Beyond passport stamps | Jun 13, 2016
- South Korea P2: Travelling outside SEAsia for the first time
Missed Part 1? Click [[http://beyondpassportstamps.travellerspoint.com/1/|HERE]] and read thru my South Korea trip beyond passport stamps.
[center]As a traveler with a third-world passport, it is easy to be discouraged by visa applications. Posted by Phpassport in Beyond passport stamps | Jun 9, 2016
- Happy days in Seoul [Part 1]As most of you probably know, I came back from my second trip to Korea about a week ago. It wasn't a huge trip (I only visited Seoul, and only for 19 days at that) but it did so much Posted by Anon of Holland in A Dutchman in Korea | Feb 3, 2014
- Central Asia
Travelled to Uzbekistan/Kyrgyzstan... arriving from Incheon (South Korea) then travelled to/through; Tashkent, Fergana (Uzbekistan), Osh, Jalalabad, Posted by joffre in Itinerant Traveller | Aug 1, 2013
- Mid-waySeoul, South Korea
08/12/2012 - 05:12pm
Apparently a very good airport, didn't really discover it much, just transit stop, a few minutes.
Will discover on way back.
What time it is? don't know. Weather? Absolutely freezing. Will get photos on way back Posted by youngexplorer in First trip to Cambodia | Dec 7, 2012
- Sapporo Snow Festival in Hokkaido (Yuki Matsuri)BGM: "Stars" by Nakashima Mika
As I mentioned in a prior blog, one of the many joys of living close to Odori Park is watching it change with the seasons. Throughout the first week of every February (or whenever the snowfall Posted by GenkiLee in Romancing the Ring of Fire | Feb 7, 2002
- The Jisan Valley Rock Festival 2012Every year, thousands of people enjoy the Korean summer by going to the magnitude of music festivals held all over the country. Some, like the Jisan Valley Rock Festival, are bigger than others. First started in 2009, this festival continues Posted by Anja Fourie in Exploradoranja | Jul 28, 2012
Travelled to Japan/South Korea... arriving from Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), then travelled to/through; Osaka, Kyoto, (Kansai), Hiroshima (Chugoku Posted by joffre in Itinerant Traveller | Sep 6, 2012
- Deokjeokdo, South KoreaBuddha's birthday is on the 28th of May, conveniently falling on a Monday this year, giving us all a lovely long weekend. For this long weekend we decided to visit one of the numerous islands populating the Korean coast. One Posted by Anja Fourie in Exploradoranja | May 28, 2012
- Goodbye KoreaIt all started, the beginning of the end that is, one fairly normal Friday afternoon. We were at the gym performing one finger push-ups and chin-ups in very short shorts when a phone call came through requesting our presence together Posted by 2 Idiots Abroad in 2 Idiots Abroad | Jul 28, 2012
- Gunsan and the Jeonju International Film FestivalOn a Friday afternoon after school, I jump on a bus and head to Gunsan. Gunsan is located on the west coast of the Korean peninsula. It was once a very small fishing village on the banks of the Geum Posted by Anja Fourie in Exploradoranja | Apr 28, 2012
- It's Official!Well, it's official ladies and gentlemen. I am moving to Anyang City, South Korea around the middle of August to teach English. I have actually entertained the idea for about a year and a half now but for Posted by crazyramblings in crazy ramblings | Jul 14, 2012
- The Korean ChinatownLess than 1km from where I stay, is Korea's only official Chinatown. It falls within Jung-gu ward, which is the same ward my apartment building and school falls in. To get there you can get off at Incheon station, and Posted by Anja Fourie in Exploradoranja | Apr 15, 2012
- Hi Seoul! ~ The Soul of Asia[float=left][/float] It is still cold out, but not as drastic as two weeks ago. Spring is finally settling in and my hands are freezing less and less. Today is the day I make my very first Posted by Anja Fourie in Exploradoranja | Mar 31, 2012
- Arriving in Incheon, South KoreaThe hour bus journey from Seoul felt like it took two minutes. Within another 30 seconds my bags were out of the bus, and I was sitting next to my new co-teachers in the hall at Incheon Department of Education. Posted by Anja Fourie in Exploradoranja | Mar 28, 2012
- The Land of the Morning CalmAugust 2008, Career Day, Stellenbosch University.
It's almost Spring time in South Africa and thousands of high school students are swarming the university campus for career day. As a first year, I am casually strolling back to my residence with m Posted by Anja Fourie in Exploradoranja | Mar 24, 2012
- Sunset in SeoulSunset in Seoul!
Heading in the city is much larger than anywhere else, firstly the bus takes us through which seems to be an area with ALOT of appartment buildings. Kinda Posted by CrackerjackHobo in Vagabond Awakenings | Feb 24, 2012
- Sad goodbyesThis week was the last week of my project here in Korea.
As I'm typing this, I am sitting in the living room of my guesthouse in Seoul.
It was so hard to say goodbye to our children, our home, our Posted by Anon of Holland in A Dutchman in Korea | Dec 9, 2011
- Haulin'It's surprisingly hard to find all the awesome stuff you see on the internet when you're actually here.
...Especially when you live in Wando-Eup...
Posted by Anon of Holland in A Dutchman in Korea | Dec 5, 2011
- Fake traditional is traditional, too!I just realized I haven't shown you the pictures of the awesome Drama Filming Set here in Wando that we visited with Jangheung team 3 weeks ago, so it's time to rectify that.
I would love to write a full account Posted by Anon of Holland in A Dutchman in Korea | Dec 1, 2011
- A Dutchman in SeoulAs a preview to the giant Seoul/Midterm with IWO post I have to write up in the near future, I give you the video I shot while GaHee was meeting her friends at her university!
[video provider=youtube Posted by Anon of Holland in A Dutchman in Korea | Nov 16, 2011
- Eastern Europe
Travelled to Eastern Europe... arriving from Seoul (South Korea), then travelled to/through; Istanbul (Turkey), Veliko Taravo (Bulgaria), Posted by joffre in Itinerant Traveller | Oct 10, 2011
- Seoul and a Brief Entrance into North KoreaWe have been in Seoul now for about 5 days and it is a really great city. We arrived by a superb free shuttle bus courtesy of the Korean tourism board. It was no expense spared as it was without Posted by theelman in Lewis' Travel Writing In Your Face 2011 | Mar 12, 2011
- South Korea
Travelled to South Korea/Malaysia... arrived Seoul (South Korea) via Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), then travelled to/through Sokcho, Seoraksan, Samcheok, ([i]Ga Posted by joffre in Itinerant Traveller | Jun 12, 2007