- Day 61 Bus Trip to MadridToday was up early to disembark and get on bus for Madrid. We stopped for. A few hours at Salamanca and walked the old part of the city. The tour was hopeless as the guide spoke far too rapidly Posted by megwiele in Grand Tour | Sep 27, 2016
- Day 2: Roncevalles to Zubiri[center][/center]
We were awakened in the morning to knocking on the door. This evidently was not the Ritz. Hostel directive was 0800 checkout per unread guidebook. Obviously, Posted by Shantitraveler in Camino de Santiago | Sep 27, 2016
- Cadiz - Day 7 Friday, 9/23Cadiz is the entry port for Seville; however, we did not care to ride in a bus for nearly four hours (round trip) to spend six hours in Seville (WAIT...NOW WE HAVE A REASON TO RETURN TO SPAIN), Posted by Cybercsp in Sirena Cruise - Barcelona to Barcelona | Sep 23, 2016
- Day 1: Over the Pyrenees Pass[center][/center]
Awoke to the sounds of quiet, peaceful music and the rustling of other pilgrims. Was it anxiety or excitement in the air? I trod quietly to the bathro Posted by Shantitraveler in Camino de Santiago | Sep 24, 2016
- Malaga - Day 6 Thursday, 9/22Full disclosure: I visited Malaga in 1974, when I was on a high school trip. This is what I remember...we went to a bullfight (living Spanish culture). Here is the bullring.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/660648/3A9E2069F80C8F450CE57AAED797E Posted by Cybercsp in Sirena Cruise - Barcelona to Barcelona | Sep 22, 2016
- Cartagena - Day 5 Wednesday, 9/21During our last Caribbean cruise, we visited Cartagena, Colombia, so it seems fitting that the four of us should explore a Cartagena on a different continent! This Cartagena is a historic port city on the southeastern coast of Spain. Posted by Cybercsp in Sirena Cruise - Barcelona to Barcelona | Sep 21, 2016
- Fuerteventura Rocked my HappinessIn the month of August 2016, my girlfriend and I managed to make one of our dreams true: to discover the [[http://www.fuerteventura.com|beautiful]] island of Fuerteventura on a Campervan. Posted by thecampervan in My CamperVan Adventure in the Islands | Sep 20, 2016
- Barcelona - Day 4 Tuesday, 9/20After a good night's sleep, we got the bags together and checked out of our hotel. (They held our luggage while we went to the Picasso Museum.) The museum is in a beautiful old building, with a rather confusing Posted by Cybercsp in Sirena Cruise - Barcelona to Barcelona | Sep 20, 2016
- Barcelona - Day 3 Monday, 9/19Three of the four cats had a terrible time going to sleep last night...and then there is Charlie. We had timed tickets to enter Sagrada Familia at 9:45 AM, so we set off after breakfast with a bit Posted by Cybercsp in Sirena Cruise - Barcelona to Barcelona | Sep 19, 2016
- Barcelona - Day 2 Sunday, 9/18After a great night's sleep, we had breakfast and headed to the Cathedral of Barcelona for 10:30 AM Sunday Mass. I have to say that, absent a papal visit, I have never seen so many priests on the altar Posted by Cybercsp in Sirena Cruise - Barcelona to Barcelona | Sep 19, 2016
- Barcelona - Day 1 Saturday, 9/17We landed safely, although an hour behind schedule, at Barcelona International Airport about 9:30 AM. It was an easy flight. Charlie caught a few brief naps, but I did not sleep a wink.
The airport bus dropped Posted by Cybercsp in Sirena Cruise - Barcelona to Barcelona | Sep 17, 2016
- Unpreparedness.... [center] [/center]
The Italians offered me earplugs once we were settled in the hotel room. They admitted that they snored, and Posted by Shantitraveler in Camino de Santiago | Sep 14, 2016
- Barcelona part 2We started day 2 with the amazingly ostentatious church in progress since 1883!! They hope to have it completed by 2026 and it is a site to behold. Martin Luther would have a stroke but it was fun going Posted by Tombeect in Eurotrip2016 | Sep 14, 2016
- The Spanish Saga part IIAfter our all too brief time in Porugal we returned to Spain, this time heading across the southern end of the country. Our itinerary for this leg of the journey was to be Seville, Granada, Valencia, and Madrid, and I'm Posted by ScottGosling in Those Who Wander | Sep 10, 2016
- To walk or not to walk. The Camino that is. [center][/center]
The decision to walk the Camino de Santiago was realized during a 2 week European jaunt with my nieces in April. Coming from a long-term Posted by Shantitraveler in Camino de Santiago | Sep 10, 2016
- I think I'm loving Barcelona We arrived in Barcelona with an uneventful train trip and took a quick can ride to our Air B and B condo. Everything was very nice and we gave a rooftop deck to sit on during the evenings.
It's really hot Posted by Tombeect in Eurotrip2016 | Sep 6, 2016
- Viduržemiai. Retas vaizdasEl Masnou - tai nedidelis miesteliokas šalia Barselonos, kur buvom palikę Billabong pririštą prie krantinės mėnesiui, kol patys vykom į Lietuvą. Grįžęs į laivą, turėjau jį iš naujo paruošti tolimesnei kelionei. Dienos buvo karštos, pavėsyje saulė įpūsdavo Posted by gramas in MENKĖ PO LOVA | Sep 2, 2016
- MadridWell Madrid has been an experience. The art is world class as we saw 3 art galleries with some amazing works in them.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/845961/03561A05D9A23F415BF54BEADF36FD40.jpeg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/845961/thu Posted by Tombeect in Eurotrip2016 | Sep 1, 2016
- Travel Day from Barcelona to MaltaCalling today a travel day is a bit of a misnomer, because the flight from Barcelona to Malta is only about 2 hours; however, the fact that our flight didn't leave until 8:40pm put us in a tricky position. Fortunately, Posted by GenovevaLewis in The Pursuit of Enduring Happiness | Aug 31, 2016
- The Gothic Quarter and The EixampleWe had another great day exploring Barcelona by foot! We slept much better last night, because our host and dog were staying away at a friend's house. This meant we were able to leave our bedroom door open to invite Posted by GenovevaLewis in The Pursuit of Enduring Happiness | Aug 30, 2016
- BarcelonaWe were moving a little slowly our first morning in Barcelona, having not enjoyed the deepest sleep. Our bed is very comfortable, but the room got pretty warm. We left the window open hoping to catch the evening breeze, but Posted by GenovevaLewis in The Pursuit of Enduring Happiness | Aug 29, 2016
- The Spanish Saga.After our brief time spent in Andorran luxury we made our way to Barcelona for our first taste of Spain. Before I get into too much detail I'll start by saying that I absolutely loved Barcelona. Not only is there Posted by ScottGosling in Those Who Wander | Aug 27, 2016
- Sagrada Familia and Park GuellWe left Carcassone's beautiful medieval city behind this morning, and took a 9:00am direct train to Barcelona.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/844050/333080960E0841DAA94B06E894DFABAC.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/844050/thumb_333080 Posted by GenovevaLewis in The Pursuit of Enduring Happiness | Aug 28, 2016
- Viduržemiai. Teisingi pipirai
Lietuvaitis jaunikaitis dėl jam žinomų priežasčių išvažiavo laimės ieškoti į saulėtąją Ispaniją. Išvažiavo, ieškojo ir surado.
Štai tokia istorijos santrauka Posted by gramas in MENKĖ PO LOVA | Aug 28, 2016
- Volcano BoundWe awoke early to ensure we arrived at the volcano in time for our 9:10 reservation on the Teleférico Del Teide, the cable car that takes visitors to (just about) the top of the volcano's peak. In order to get Posted by mzemliak in Parlez-vous Français? | Aug 21, 2016