- Travel Day: Madrid to BilbaoWe had another long driving day on our trip from Madrid to Bilbao. We woke up around 7:45 to start packing and cleaning up. We had to legitimately clean this place which meant more than just tidying up. Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Sep 16, 2014
- Barcelona 2We got up early in the morning to go see the famous cathedral called La Sagrada Familia. As we were so early near the cathedral there was a coffee shop and we paid around $40 for two terrible coffees and Posted by pdover in The Dover rovers | Sep 16, 2014
- Budapest to BarcelonaToday is the last day in Budapest. We went shopping in the city to the market and along our favourite walking street ‘Vaci utca’ to spend the rest of our Hungarian Forints. There were lots of choices but we Posted by pdover in The Dover rovers | Sep 16, 2014
- GranadaDistance: 109.75km
Total ascent: 1464m
Time in the saddle: 5hrs 9
It turns out that Murtas is on and just below the highest peak of the Alpujarras. The only spot where you can see the whole of the region and all the surrounding Posted by louisebenn in my own little vuelta de espana | Sep 16, 2014
- Lifting My Chin Towards The SkiesThe following message is an excerpt from a digital care package I received from my friend [[https://twitter.com/bassdrumtardis|Nick.]] I met Nick in a classroom with two windows that faced a greenhouse.
For me, Nick was a greenhouse and I was the Posted by mirandabarrie in To Sail, Not Drift | Sep 16, 2014
- Sailing AwayI am a lover of public radio and Diet Pepsi who decided to take the passion I have for the new and the noteworthy to Zaragoza. With my heart sewn carefully my sleeve and a head full of hopes and Posted by mirandabarrie in To Sail, Not Drift | Sep 16, 2014
- MadridDay 9: Madrid
Losing count of the days now!
This morning we had another early start and long bus ride from Granada to Madrid. We arrived in Madrid around lunchtime. Immediately you could see a difference between all the cities we Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Sep 16, 2014
- Day Trip to ToledoWe had a long day today. I woke up around 9:00 to go get my nails done, while Justin slept for a little bit longer. I woke up, had my coffee, and set off to the nearest nail salon. Unfortunately, Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Sep 15, 2014
- Meandering in MadridWe had an amazing day! We woke up late because we had such a late, but amazing, night last night at the Real Madrid game. We woke up in the morning to the sound of the AC leaking and Justin Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Sep 14, 2014
- Real Madrid!We had a great day from start to finish. We started our morning off with some delicious toast and coffee. We finished eating and cleaned up to get ready to go to the Reina Sofia! We had a great walk Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Sep 13, 2014
- MurtasDistance: 111.42km
Total ascent: 2555m (!!!!!!)
Time in the saddle: 6hrs 27min
Yesterday was a quiet day about town..for me and literally for the town. I had a bit if a wander about to see the sights and barely saw a soul about. Posted by louisebenn in my own little vuelta de espana | Sep 15, 2014
- BarcelonaSunday and even though it's a big tourist town and packed with people, lots of shops are shut.
We slept in, ear plugs working.
We walked the city, got lost many times but eventually found our bearings. There is Posted by Greg and Sandy in Greg and Sandy's Holidays | Sep 15, 2014
- Alison in Granada-land Hello all!
My second week in Granada has officially come to a close, friends, and as it is Sunday morning and I am feeling no motivation to get up currently, I thought I would update the blog! Not only did Posted by TrixiStella in Don't Worry, I'm Just Panicking | Sep 14, 2014
- GranadaDay 8: Granada
Today we had the whole day in Granada. I loved it. We started with a tour of the Alhambra and I include one of my favourite photos:
In the afternoon we spent a lot of Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Sep 14, 2014
- BarcelonaHorror night sleep. Hotel is in tourist area and room is on level 1 with balcony onto street. A great spot except that it is noisy. Noise went till 4am. And started again at 8am. A visit Posted by Greg and Sandy in Greg and Sandy's Holidays | Sep 14, 2014
- Bilboa to PyreneesThursday 11th September 2014
A very smooth crossing and a welcome dinner on the ship. There are just 11 cars as there had been 3 late cancellations. We have 5 MGB Roadsters, 1 MGB GT, 2 MGA a MGF and Posted by Tony and Penny in Tony and Pennys Travels | Sep 14, 2014
- Mellow Day in MadridWe had a relaxing day in Madrid. We woke up around 11:00 am and started to game plan the rest of the day. Justin made us some toast and I made us some coffee. We mapped out a route for Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Sep 12, 2014
- Sevilla to Cordoba to GranadaDay 7
We left early and made our way to our day time stop of Cordoba. Here we toured the Mezquita:
We went to lunch via the puente Romano:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Sep 14, 2014
- AlmeriaDistance: 118km
Total ascent: 1110m
Time in the saddle: 5hr 16
Pretty uneventful day today..though to be fair after yesterday anything would pale in comparrison.
The route was headed back up the N340a toward the desert again but turning off about Posted by louisebenn in my own little vuelta de espana | Sep 13, 2014
- BarcelonaWe finished the organised tour this morning and travel to Barcelona. Straight forward run, tour bus dropped us at airport. Only 2 hour wait. Missing the free wifi on the tour bus with the footy just starting. Posted by Greg and Sandy in Greg and Sandy's Holidays | Sep 12, 2014
- SevillaDay 6: Sevilla
Today we spent a full day in Sevilla. The highlight of yesterday was the plaza de España and the highlights of today were:
1) The bullring. Brilliant structure and the sand looked incredible under the sun:
[img=http://photos.trave Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Sep 12, 2014
- the weird and wonderful world of the wild wild westToday I have to say has to go up there as one of the most surreal and bizarre days yet...both in my trip and in life in general.
While reading up a few weeks ago on the area I came Posted by louisebenn in my own little vuelta de espana | Sep 12, 2014
- First day in EspañaDay 5: Lagos to Sevilla
We had a very early start and by 630 were on a bus to Sevilla. We arrived about 1 and the local temperature electronic boards were showing 35 degrees.
We went for a stroll round the Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Sep 12, 2014
- ToledoLast day dof the tour. Normal morning tour of the city. It is busy in town as they have the 400 years celebration of the artist El Grecco. Doesn't mean much to us other than lots of Posted by Greg and Sandy in Greg and Sandy's Holidays | Sep 12, 2014
- Exploring MadridWe had such a fun day in Madrid. We were planning on starting our morning off at 9:00 but for some reason Justin and I were insanely tired this morning. We both woke up a couple hours after the alarm...whoops! Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Sep 11, 2014