- SPAIN Part Dos
Due to our sad realisation that we wouldn’t make it to Morocco in this part of our trip, we turned to Granada the Spanish city with plenty of Moorish history to make up for ou Posted by andrewemma in Let's Go Get Lost | Dec 8, 2013
- SPAIN Part Uno
After almost a month travelling through the South of France in the searing heart, eating plenty of cheese and wining ourselves a plenty, it was time to move into the next country, HOLA S Posted by andrewemma in Let's Go Get Lost | Dec 5, 2013
- Madrid & Marbella I find that most of my journeys I have a bit of a sense of trepidation and anticipation; most of the time this is due to arriving at a new place, unaware of what lies beyond the safety of the Posted by bgriffs in A Barefoot Existence | Nov 30, 2013
- Trans Iberian TrainAfter returning from Madeira, the travel bug couldn't be kept away for too long, so me and a couple of friends decided we should go on a weekend trip to the Basque Country. I was planning to try Renfe's TrenHotel Posted by danics in World Away | Nov 29, 2013
- What Happens in Barcelona, Stays in Barcelona Barcelona, mi amor.
So this was my first flight flying Ryan Air. For all those readers out there who aren’t familiar with this airline, it is the cheapest and sneakiest European Airline out there, dangerously comparable to our very own Spirit Posted by kbali in Karishma Goes to Europe | Oct 30, 2013
- Alicante, SpainI feel so fortunate to live close to a regional airport where we can take low cost flights to different spots around Europe. It is even better when we have a long weekend during the colder months and can go Posted by trackers in ¡Global Nada! | Nov 24, 2013
- SANTIAGO – FINESTERRA- MUXIA Another 100 kilometers was what we had agreed to, and it should have been a simple three or four days more to walk from Santiago to Finesterra which was a route done centuries ago by many people and pilgrims. It Posted by erika_simon in Simplicity, Inspiration and Angels | Nov 13, 2013
- Champagne Tastes on a Beer BudgetThe 5 hour TGV fast train from Paris to Monaco travelled through unmistakeably French countryside of rolling green fields and quaint farmhouses, past vineyards, through the unusually coloured mountains of Provence and finally along the south coast of the Posted by sandjharvey in Our Gap Year | Nov 10, 2013
- THE LAST DAY - The true Camino begins when you reach the endToday our big day arrives, our final day of walking to Santiago de Compostela. Five hours of walking remain after 30 days of hiking, with 180 hours walking now behind us, during sunny, raining, foggy, cloudy, a little cold, freezing Posted by erika_simon in Simplicity, Inspiration and Angels | Nov 8, 2013
- DAY THIRTY – ARZUA TO PEDROUZOWith only 20 kilometers walk this was a very easy day. The fog in the morning for many hours was fun and afterwards a wonderful sun came out to warm the day – and us as well. We decided to Posted by erika_simon in Simplicity, Inspiration and Angels | Nov 8, 2013
- DAY TWENTY NINE – PALAS DEL REY TO ARZUAThree days to arrive at Santiago with around 60 kilometers to go. Many questions being juggled in my mind: what is it going to happen in three days? What do we need to do in three days? Have I enjoyed Posted by erika_simon in Simplicity, Inspiration and Angels | Nov 8, 2013
- Surprisingly Stunning SevilleWelcome to Seville in sunny Spain where every other tree is laden with oranges...
We don’t expect to experience the ‘Wow!’ factor in every place we visit, but Seville has left us surprisingly Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Nov 3, 2013
- Wander the WorldThe past two weeks have been filled with travel. And I've absolutely loved it. I traveled to London and saw all the sights. My favorite was my lovely friend Jami Black. Then on to Belfast and Portadown and then on Posted by AlyshaVZ in Meet Me in Madrid | Nov 2, 2013
- 2 nights in CORDOBA!
Tuesday 29th October 13 (day 59)
Luggage on our backs we were in the metro at 10am heading to the bus station for our 11am coach departure. Today we are traveling from Madrid to Cordoba 360km to the south. The Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2013 ADVENTURE CONTINUES IN A TUK TUK | Nov 1, 2013
- Quick stop in Zaragoza! then on to MADRID.
Friday 25th October 13 (day 55)
Not a good start to the day, the elastic on my Keen sandal wore thru! bugger!
I was up on the street look Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2013 ADVENTURE CONTINUES IN A TUK TUK | Nov 1, 2013
- DAY TWENTY EIGHT – FERREIROS TO PALAS DEL REYWe knew we had a long day to walk, because of the spacing of the towns and the closeness of Santiago we tried to push ourselves and do around 35 kilometers. We left earlier than normal, however we had a Posted by erika_simon in Simplicity, Inspiration and Angels | Oct 31, 2013
- DAY TWENTY SEVEN – SAMOS TO FERREIROSWe started the morning with music. In the Monastery they woke us up with music from Mercedes Sosa, one of my favorite singers, and we started with the song Gracias a la vida (thanks to the life), a great song Posted by erika_simon in Simplicity, Inspiration and Angels | Oct 31, 2013
- DAY TWENTY SIX – HOSPITAL DE CONDESA TO SAMOSAfter our hard test of fitness yesterday there was another mountain to climb but it was easy today as the hardest work had already been done. It was only to a height of 1470 meters, meaning to climb around 200 Posted by erika_simon in Simplicity, Inspiration and Angels | Oct 31, 2013
- DAY TWENTY FIVE – PEREJE TO HOSPITAL DE CONDESAAn early start with a great breakfast and we had a lot energy for the climbing today. The first hours were flat, crossing through a few small towns and eating apples and nuts from the trees by the road.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/591529/SAM Posted by erika_simon in Simplicity, Inspiration and Angels | Oct 31, 2013
- DAY TWENTY FOUR – PONFERRADA TO PEREJEAnother long 30 kilometers were in front of us today, walking across the plains, through some forest, and one more time across my beloved vineyards. We could enjoy the grapes and a few raspberry bushes for a while at least. Posted by erika_simon in Simplicity, Inspiration and Angels | Oct 31, 2013
- DAY TWENTY THREE – FONSEBADON TO PONFERRADAWe knew today would be one of the most difficult days, and would include a downhill track for around 15 kilometers. I do not like to walk downhill as my knees are not happy with the impacts, so it was Posted by erika_simon in Simplicity, Inspiration and Angels | Oct 31, 2013
- DAY TWENTY TWO - SAN JUSTO DE LA VEGA TO FONSEVADONA walk of 31 kilometers was finally completed in around 6 hours. We knew the mountainous area was coming, and certainly it was a trial today, the last five kilometers were really steep and drained the last of our energy.
The Posted by erika_simon in Simplicity, Inspiration and Angels | Oct 27, 2013
- DAY TWENTY ONE- HOSPITAL DE ORBIGO TO SAN JUSTO DE LA VEGAWe decided today to have a short walk because we wanted to stop in the albergue where Carlos (our old friend) had worked, and also because Simon had some issues with his left foot.
We left early which is life as Posted by erika_simon in Simplicity, Inspiration and Angels | Oct 27, 2013
- DAY TWENTY – LEON TO HOSPITAL DE ORBIGOAfter our time in Leon with Alexy, we started this morning with a big breakfast and early departure. It was long day with us walking around 32 kilometers, and I think the breakfast prepared by Alexy gave us a lot Posted by erika_simon in Simplicity, Inspiration and Angels | Oct 27, 2013
- DAY NINETEEN – MANCILLA TO LEONWe had been talking last night in our party/dinner and I found out that this last week was a really boring landscape (not for me I loved it). It was mostly flat, grass and desert, long distances to walk, straight Posted by erika_simon in Simplicity, Inspiration and Angels | Oct 27, 2013