28th Jun to 3rd Jul: We got back on a Busabout bus, this time to Barcelona. We were to leave just after noon but due to a road accident our bus didn't arrive until an hour later. Every bus has Posted by AshLisa in Ash & Lisa go exploring | Jul 28, 2014
- BarcelonaAfter packing up our campsite, which is no small feat to clean everything up, fold and repack furniture, bed sheets, clothes, and of course the tent, and get it all into the car, taking about 3 hours all up. Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 24, 2014
- Camping on the beaches of the Mediterranean[center][/center]
OK, well not quite on the sand, but 200m or so back. When it’s quiet we can hear the waves breaking. This campsite is quite different to the last one... or maybe it’s just tha Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 16, 2014
- Week 13: Nature in northern SpainThis week has been devoted to exploring Northern Spain. We started in Alberracin camping near the village in the national park, which it turns out is pretty popular with the local rock climbing crowd. Lisa had had enough of heights Posted by Andrew and Lisa in Andrew & Lisa's european adventure | Jul 12, 2014
I didn't mention in the last post how much I enjoyed the Madrid train station. That's probably because I didn't realize how good it was until I got to its Barcelona counterpart. Upon de-training at Barcelona, I had Posted by BlazeNEggplant in Rambles & Fumbles | Jul 10, 2014
- Week 5 Video Project Posted by agkolter in Alabama Engineering in Europe | Jul 6, 2014
- Espana, mi amorVisited: Madrid, Sevilla, Malaga (quick stop in order to get to Torremolinos), Granada, & Barcelona
Number of Days: 14
Favorite City: It's a toss-up between the Sevilla and Barcelona. Sevilla because it is really romantic and the atmosphere. Barcelo Posted by EscapewithKay in Jersey Girl hits Europe | Jul 5, 2014
You'd think 5ish years of high school Spanish would prepare me for a couple of days in Spain, but you'd be terribly wrong. In all fairness, I've been on a four year hiatus from Spanish, but even the simplest Posted by BlazeNEggplant in Rambles & Fumbles | Jul 3, 2014
- Last Day in Spain Well, we didn't go see My Fair Lady or perfect our Spanish accents. We did, however, dodge a slew of thunderstorms today. We didn't do much of anything except go for a run, come back to freezing cold Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jul 3, 2014
- Toledo Today we took a train out of Madrid to Toledo. Toledo was the orginal capital of Spain, and it is well preserved...and you don't see very many modern structures. We didn't have a big agenda once we got Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jul 2, 2014
- Week 12: Spectacular SpainIt has been another pretty busy week for us in Spain, so much going on it’s hard to keep track of the weeks. On Monday morning we headed into Malaga hoping to visit the Picasso museum, which looked good from Posted by Andrew and Lisa in Andrew & Lisa's european adventure | Jul 1, 2014
- Madrid Day ThreeWe are all feeling more and more exhausted. Since we are going for a day trip tomorrow out of Madrid, we took it a little easier today. We spent some time in Retiro Park and then took advantage Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jul 1, 2014
- Barcelona: Gaudi's playgroundOur last stop in Spain together was Barcelona. As I was planning for my trip back in the Spring, Barcelona quickly became the city I was most excited for. I had a list of about 12 things I wanted to Posted by EscapewithKay in Jersey Girl hits Europe | Jul 1, 2014
- Madrid Day TwoToday we took a walking tour of Madrid. The guide was good and gave a lot of interesting facts about Madrid. It gave us a good deal of insight into the Spanish people and culture.
The walk started in Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jun 30, 2014
- Like Cristòfor Colòn (Christopher Colombus)Blaze
Brian here (or blaze as it appears i have been named). First I'd like to start by saying how much i dislike writing on a tablet, so I'll probably keep my entry short.
Here we are in spain :-) I woke Posted by BlazeNEggplant in Rambles & Fumbles | Jun 30, 2014
- Madrid Day OneWe took the high speed train to Madrid midday. So, we didn't have much time in the city by the time we found the apartment, figured out our location, etc. We did head to the art museum that Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jun 29, 2014
- Moor of SpainWhen planning our trip Rahmah and I realized that there were so many sights we were seeing and not enough relaxing. When we got to Malaga we went straight to Torremolinos, a small little beach town and spent the night. Posted by EscapewithKay in Jersey Girl hits Europe | Jun 29, 2014
- The Romance of SevillaSevilla is the 8th romantic city in the world (but I think I might love it more than Venice, which is #1). I think I've said that a lot in this blog: "I would definitely come back here"…but for Sevilla Posted by EscapewithKay in Jersey Girl hits Europe | Jun 29, 2014
- Barcelona and Beyond...[center][/center]
For the final stage of our trip we headed to Spain but first we were to stop at Perpignan for 2nights and say goodbye to our closest friend and g Posted by AllisonP in leave of absence | Jun 29, 2014
- Last Day in SevilleWe probably could have left Seville a day early, but our travel plans were set. So, today we tried to see a bit more of the city....we had covered everything else we wanted to do.
So, we walked to a Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jun 28, 2014
- Seville - Second Full DayToday we went to Alcazar, which was built by the Moors in the 10th century for the heads of state, but reconstructed in the 14th century by King Pedro who was a Christian. He did, however, hire Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jun 27, 2014
- SevilleToday we got another much needed slow start. We found the place to buy tickets for a flamenco show for tomorrow night! It should be very interesting. We have seen some flamenco dancers in the streets, but Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jun 26, 2014
- Project 3 Video Posted by Kcarlson in Alabama Engineering in Europe | Jun 26, 2014
- Andalusia Road TripGRANADA!!!
Monday morning we rented and car and drove the a city called Granada. It was about noon when we arrived and once we got checked into the hostel and found some food, it was about 2 o'clock...right in time for Posted by BakersAbroad in TheBakersAbroad | Jun 26, 2014
- COOOOOORDOBA!Where to begin....
We took the AVE super fast train from Mardid into Cordoba. Cordoba is a medium sized city in the south of Spain (Andalusia Region). We have friends, Sara and Jose, in the city who lived in our MN Posted by BakersAbroad in TheBakersAbroad | Jun 26, 2014