- The Coast of the Sun - Malaga Spain (Cost del Sol)Malaga, on the southwest coast of Spain, is one of the world's oldest cities. Phoenicians lived here 3000 years ago. Greeks, Romans and Visigoths followed. The Moorish alcazaba sits where a Phoenician fortress once stood.
Today Posted by CherylGypsyRose in The Iberian Penninsula in December | Jan 24, 2017
- The Missing Blog 2016We had never meant to blog our stay in Conil, which was to last 11ish weeks, because this is just like living somewhere; but it's in our van and for most of the time it's warm. We had arrived earlier Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Jan 24, 2017
- Barcelona Spain: Cheap Seats at the Opera Barcelona, the Capitol of Catalonia Spain, is located on the north east coast of the Iberian Penninsula facing the Mediterranean Sea.
Our seats on KLM flight 0678 are near several families and one child or another cried continuously from Posted by CherylGypsyRose in The Iberian Penninsula in December | Jan 19, 2017
- End of 2016 and Canada 20173/12/2016
It was a good decision to head to Córdoba as it rained up until about an hour out of Córdoba where we were greeted with clear skies and a weekend of sunshine.
Enjoyed Córdoba immensely and able to visit the amazing Posted by ColleenandTony in Colleen and Tony | Jan 18, 2017
- Seville Spain - Flamenco, Guitars, Budget PalaceSeville is the capital of Andalusia in southern Spain. It was under Moorish rule for 800 years and the magnificent Seville Cathedral is built where a mosque once stood. By volume this is currently the largest church Posted by CherylGypsyRose in The Iberian Penninsula in December | Jan 17, 2017
- Ancient Dolmens near Antequera SpainIn July 2016, UNESCO named the Antequera megalithic dolmens a world heritage site. Dolmens are ancient burial sites and Megaliths are massive stones used in prehistoric construction.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/531405/C41F6969-E..3B4318DD12 Posted by CherylGypsyRose in The Iberian Penninsula in December | Jan 17, 2017
- Last Day in Barcelona. :(We woke up to our last day in Barcelona. Jake was our leader today. We took the subway to the classroom we have been in several times before and Rich from Barcelona SAE led a discussion about cultural Posted by AnneO in Barcelona 2017 | Jan 13, 2017
- Camino Day 9: The Rendezvous [center] [/center]
Recognizing quickly that the main Peregrino fold advanced from town to town per guidebook suggestions, this pattern was dodged quickly. M Posted by Shantitraveler in Camino de Santiago | Jan 12, 2017
- Business Tour and City Branding LectureToday's itinerary was pretty short, so I don't have a lot to show you today. But Amoreena and Ker were our leaders. Ker explained what we would be doing today and we boarded a bus to go to Posted by AnneO in Barcelona 2017 | Jan 12, 2017
- Business ToursToday was a bit different from all the days up until now because we split up into two groups for business visits. I was with the the law and business students. Evan was our leader and he made sure Posted by AnneO in Barcelona 2017 | Jan 11, 2017
- Spanish Food, Born Neighborhood and Catalan Parliment VisitYesterday's leaders were Jordan and Erik. Jordan started off with our summary of what we would be doing for the day. Erik then led the way to the classroom where we had a lecture about how culture is Posted by AnneO in Barcelona 2017 | Jan 11, 2017
- Animal Aventures at Selwo Aventura
All smiles, the kids ran into Selwo Aventura park, towards the leopard cage, where at 11 AM a feeding of the animals was taking place. Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Jan 11, 2017
- RondaRolling hills, steep cliffs, meandering roads, fruitful fields, flying birds.... the trip to Ronda is indeed memorable and refreshing. Poets, writers, artists, and royalty have marveled it's character. Every day folks flock from around the world to experi Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Jan 10, 2017
- Happy 2017 from Spain!What better way to ring in the New Year than with great food, music, laughter, and family together in warm Spain!
Great evening was had by all - the photo booth was visited a number of times by our kids and Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Jan 10, 2017
- Brewery Tour and Sagrada FamiliaToday's leaders were Tanner and Jake. Tanner gave us the overview of the day and we boarded our bus to go to the Estrella brewery. It was interesting to see all the machinery used to make the beer, Posted by AnneO in Barcelona 2017 | Jan 9, 2017
- Weekend -- calçotada and last full day of free timeOn Saturday, the morning was left free for the students to complete a scavenger hunt created by Barcelona SAE. The students went to various parts of the cit to explore some differences between Spain and the US and to Posted by AnneO in Barcelona 2017 | Jan 9, 2017
- Feliz Dia de los Reyes Magos!Today is Epiphany, the feast of the three kings. It is a holiday in Spain, so there were no planned activities by Barcelona SAE for us today. Therefore everyone was on their own the most of the day. Posted by AnneO in Barcelona 2017 | Jan 6, 2017
- El Raval and Chocolate Con ChurrosYesterday's leader was Heather, so she began the day telling us a little about the Raval neighborhood that we would be touring. The area was once pretty seedy and tourists were advised not to go there. But since Posted by AnneO in Barcelona 2017 | Jan 6, 2017
- Day Trip to TarragonaWhen we met up with the students this morning, it was good to hear they had a fun (and safe!) first night out on their own. Blanca from Barcelona SAE was at our apartments to take us on our Posted by AnneO in Barcelona 2017 | Jan 4, 2017
- Camino Day 8: Illuminating Ava Maria [center][/center]
The aching in my legs along with the stirring of bunkmates were the root causes of an early rousing. Decision made to pack up and hea Posted by Shantitraveler in Camino de Santiago | Jan 4, 2017
- Gothic Quarter TourHere are some pictures of our apartments:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoin Posted by AnneO in Barcelona 2017 | Jan 3, 2017
- Travel and TapasWell, me made it safely to Barcelona! It was a really long travel day and we are all exhausted, but we are excited to be here.
Our day started off at 10:15am in Green Bay when we met our bus Posted by AnneO in Barcelona 2017 | Jan 2, 2017
- The Alahambra - Granada SpainGranada is located in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains in southern Andalusia. We arrived on December 11 with the intention of touring the Alahambra.
Set high above the city and the River Doro, the Alahambra holds a Posted by CherylGypsyRose in The Iberian Penninsula in December | Jan 24, 2017
- Hello Again - Spain and PortugalWhere do you go for 3 weeks in December? If you live in western Canada Arizona, Vegas and California come to mind. Mexico, Puerto Rico. Hawaii.
I am attracted to Europe.
We booked flights through KLM. Posted by CherylGypsyRose in The Iberian Penninsula in December | Dec 28, 2016
- Our Week in MadridGreetings from the United States!
We arrived safely to North Carolina in early November, and have immensely enjoyed our down time eating, drinking, and being merry with friends and family. This has also given me some much-needed time to process Posted by GenovevaLewis in The Pursuit of Enduring Happiness | Dec 15, 2016