- The Portugese Camino We enjoy a nice breakfast of crunchy toasted breads, ham and cheese and they have Pod coffee which I discovered at our hotel in Porto. Then we begin our first days walk but spend the first 30 minutes going around Posted by craigdpratt in Father Daughter Camino Pilgrimage | May 21, 2015
- Day Two - Barcelona Here We ComeWe had a great night sleep which meant we didn't get to breaky until after 10am and by the time teeth were cleaned and ablutions attempted (again) it wasn't until after 12 noon we went in search of what Posted by craigdpratt in Father Daughter Camino Pilgrimage | May 21, 2015
- DAY 18 - Monday 18th May - Toledo to Salamanca (1 day ahead)Weather - think I should have packed more shorts and vest type t-shirts! Mid 30s
The Quest of the Lost Phone - so this is it, this is the holy grail that should be conquered today if my research for this Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | May 20, 2015
- DAY 17 - Sunday 17th May - Madrid to Toledo (1 day ahead)Weather - now this may get boring but it's scorchio!! Mid 30s although regretted that heat later...
Bliss as it was shower time, and these are nice facilities! It's been 6 days but who's counting...well maybe Ellie??
So glad we had Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | May 20, 2015
- So long Madrid and Europe!Well, we are back in Calgary and reminiscing over the fabulous study tour this year. I wanted to update you on the last day in Madrid and share some photos, actually lots of photos because the upload from here Posted by jonaway in Can you spell Mediterranean? | May 20, 2015
- DAY 16 - Saturday 16th May - Avila to Madrid (1 day behind)Weather - in the mid 30s so think spring / summer time has definitely begun here.
Driving game - with driving everyday there's got to be some amusement and today it was 'guess in one bar if it's a Spanish or Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | May 20, 2015
- DAY 15 - Friday 15th May - Valladolid, Signovia to AvilaWeather - clear sky but windy and not so warm :( Hit Signovia and change to shorts and a t-shirt...30 degrees, whoop whoop :)
Why oh why - on all the advertising boards for ice cream, in the whole of Spain Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | May 20, 2015
- DAY 14 - Thursday 14th May - Burgos to ValladolidWeather - I wouldn't say dull, there were some sunny parts
Well not much happened today, it's more of a stopover I find as I'm getting slightly ahead of myself. Today's highlights:
- I paid for a parking ticket at a machine Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | May 20, 2015
- DAY 13 - Wednesday 13th May - Haro to Burgos (1 day ahead)Weather - I'm sorry to sound smug but it's still hot over here, shorts are staying on!
So we head into Haro of which has its own Hollywood style sign on the hill, no really it does. We wander around and Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | May 20, 2015
- Barcelona17 May 2015
Left Madrid and caught the fast train to Barcelona. The fast train traveled at 300km/hour!!!
Walked around the old district of Barcelona, saw Pala Guell and La Rumba. Had dinner in a wonderful area called Placa Reial. Barcelona won Posted by cbrewster in Colin and Carols European Trip 2015 | May 19, 2015
- Santiago and Galicia30/4/15 - 8/5/15 Santiago de Compostela
Finally catering for ourselves so we started with a healthy brekkie and then ventured out into the Welsh (sorry Galician - I will no doubt continue to confuse the two and they are all Celts Posted by aireland in Mid Life Gap | May 19, 2015
- Not enough timeFirst view of the Mediterranean from our train:
A few days is not enough time to see all we wanted to see in beautiful Barcelona. It's a big city. We plan to come back in June Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | May 19, 2015
- San Sebastian Day 4Monday 18th May 2015
Another beautiful day in San Sebastian. We are now taking Phill's wise words of 'more nourishment and less punishment' as we took it easy today walking a Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2015 | May 18, 2015
- Our First DayOur hotel was an historic building, nine storeys high and we got to stay on level eight facing the street and we had a huge balcony almost the size of the unit overlooking the main tourist strip - Las Ramblas. Posted by craigdpratt in Father Daughter Camino Pilgrimage | May 18, 2015
- The Hard Part - The Plane Flight Emirates took us from Brisbane to Dubai then after a two hour stop over we boarded another Emirates fight to Barcelona. Eliza took the window seat and I took the sandwich seat which meant we had a random in Posted by craigdpratt in Father Daughter Camino Pilgrimage | May 18, 2015
- DAY 12 - Tuesday 12th May - Gorliz to Bilbao to HaroWeather - the sun is out, and so are the shorts
Today I'm gong to a new place that I didn't think of staying at and that's Haro; which the guide says it's the capital of Rioja...well that's a must then, Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | May 18, 2015
- DAY 11 - Monday 11th May - San Sebastian, Lekeitio, Bermeo, Weather - overcast and hazy, stayed that way all day after baking yesterday
We're off again and I realise that I have the best view as I'm driving around Europe anti-clockwise with a right hand drive as I'm close to the Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | May 18, 2015
- San Sebastian Day 3Sunday, 17th May 2015
The skies have cleared, there is a cool breeze and the sun is shining making a soporific 18 degrees. Just another day exporing and just sitting and watching people and surfers down at the beach. Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2015 | May 18, 2015
- Where Fools, Tourists and Pilgrims TreadThe bus arrives in Valencia and we need to walk only 100 feet to our hotel. I've started to look for accommodations closer to train/bus stations so that it isn't such a chore to drag our bags. Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | May 17, 2015
- San Sebastian Day 2With energy partially restored and Jill feeling a bit better, we ventured out onto the main beaches of Playa de La Concha and Playa de Ondarreta in San Sebastian. It is a well ordered and pretty city that Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2015 | May 17, 2015
- SpainTravel Melbourne to Spain!!!
Packing and ready to go!
11 may 2015
After a long flight, 14 hours to Dubai and 8 to Madrid we arived at the hotel. As it was about 3pm we took off and saw what we could in Madrid. Posted by cbrewster in Colin and Carols European Trip 2015 | May 9, 2015
- Thoughts for the dayWell, it was a day on the bus as we made our way from Barcelona into the heart of Spain and the capital, Madrid. A bit of an uneventful day with two service stops and a quick stop in Posted by jonaway in Can you spell Mediterranean? | May 15, 2015
- Begur to San Sebastian plus a Bit of San SebastianThursday 14th and Friday 15th May, 2015
A long day of travel from Begur to San Sebastian. Begur is in a tricky spot to get public transport back to Barcelona, where we were to Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2015 | May 15, 2015
- Rest and Recovery Day, BegurWednesday 13th May 2015
We woke surprisingly better than we thought we would due to the rigours of the previous day. But the energy in the leg muscles was still depleted. So just a quiet day exploring the delightful Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2015 | May 14, 2015
- Walking and Scrambling from Llafranc to BegurTuesday 12th May 2015
There must be an unwritten code with tour operators to understate the difficulties associated with their proposed journeys. Last trip when were on the cyc Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2015 | May 13, 2015