- Camino Day 12: The Rooster in the Church [center] [/center]
One does not step out quickly, when a private room is taken on the Camino. Perhaps assumed wrongly, the exit hour is not as enforced in the priv Posted by Shantitraveler in Camino de Santiago | Feb 17, 2017
- Alicante, Quèntar and AlgecirasIt was another very scenic drive from Valencia to Alicante the following day, Thursday the 26th of January. The A7 took us through a spectacular mountainous area and at the highest point we could see the remains of snow that Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | Feb 13, 2017
- Travel on a Modest Budget: Spain and Portugal in ReviewIf you think you cannot afford to travel, think again!!
If I can do it, anybody can do it.
Although the 'grow where you are planted' team has a point, I align more with 'a rolling stone gathers Posted by CherylGypsyRose in The Iberian Penninsula in December | Feb 13, 2017
- Camino Day 11: Paella to Picnics
When the large group of Spanish students was seen settling in the main hostel room last night, I presumed that I would be in for a less than peacef Posted by Shantitraveler in Camino de Santiago | Feb 6, 2017
- Barcelona and ValenciaOur trip 'across the border' from France into Spain was quite straightforward. We arrived in Barcelona early afternoon and found our way to the car parking building where Denis had pre-booked parking for Lupi. Having our accommodation booked in the Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | Feb 6, 2017
- BARCELONA, SPAINADIOS RIOGORDO
SATURDAY 28 JANUARY - Chill out day and SUNDAY 29 JANUARY - watching the best Australian Open tennis final between Federer and Nadal.
MONDAY 30 JANUARY TILL FRIDAY 3 F Posted by Kangatraveller in The Dream Continues | Feb 2, 2017
- On the road again, dos!So our first back on the road again took us all of 35 miles to Peurta Santa Maria to check out the campsite we visited at Christmas 2015. We managed a walk around the town checking out the lively bars Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Feb 1, 2017
- Camino Day 10: Ten More Klicks [center] [/center]
Stretched out lazily in bed after sleeping in, sans early pilgrim exodus and a set check out time of Posted by Shantitraveler in Camino de Santiago | Jan 31, 2017
- Getaway to BarcelonaWe piggybacked on our friend Sydney and Jeff's trip to Barcelona. That was a good idea.
We almost didn't make it there because a snow storm rolled in and it was the biggest snow storm I have seen in Germany. Our Posted by trackers in ¡Global Nada! | Jan 30, 2017
- Hello Again - Spain and PortugalWhere do you go for 3 weeks in December? If you live in western Canada Arizona, Vegas and California come to mind. Mexico, Puerto Rico. Hawaii.
I am attracted to Europe.
We booked flights through KLM. Posted by CherylGypsyRose in The Iberian Penninsula in December | Nov 23, 2016
- ANDALUSIA, SPAINSATURDAY 21 JANUARY - Travel from Rome to Malaga via Madrid
Andalusia is a Spanish region established as an autonomous community. It is the most populated and the second largest in area of the autonomous communities in the country. The Andalusian Posted by Kangatraveller in The Dream Continues | Jan 27, 2017
- End of one year, start of anotherSo 2016 was our first full year, which is a strange concept for us as the only thing we have to do on time is submit our tax return, which we did.
Last year we only travelled to one country that Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Jan 27, 2017
- The Coast of the Sun - Malaga Spain (Costa del Sol)Malaga, on the southwest coast of Spain, is one of the world's oldest cities. Phoenicians lived here 3000 years ago. Greeks, Romans and Visigoths followed. The Moorish alcazaba sits where a Phoenician fortress once stood.
Today Posted by CherylGypsyRose in The Iberian Penninsula in December | Dec 10, 2016
- The Missing Blog 2016We had never meant to blog our stay in Conil, which was to last 11ish weeks, because this is just like living somewhere; but it's in our van and for most of the time it's warm. We had arrived earlier Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Jan 24, 2017
- Barcelona Spain: Cheap Seats at the Opera Barcelona, the Capitol of Catalonia Spain, is located on the north east coast of the Iberian Penninsula facing the Mediterranean Sea.
Our seats on KLM flight 0678 are near several families and one child or another cried continuously from Posted by CherylGypsyRose in The Iberian Penninsula in December | Dec 6, 2016
- End of 2016 and Canada 20173/12/2016
It was a good decision to head to Córdoba as it rained up until about an hour out of Córdoba where we were greeted with clear skies and a weekend of sunshine.
Enjoyed Córdoba immensely and able to visit the amazing Posted by ColleenandTony in Colleen and Tony | Jan 18, 2017
- Seville Spain - Flamenco, Guitars, Budget PalaceSeville is the capital of Andalusia in southern Spain. It was under Moorish rule for 800 years and the magnificent Seville Cathedral is built where a mosque once stood. By volume this is currently the largest church Posted by CherylGypsyRose in The Iberian Penninsula in December | Dec 13, 2016
- Ancient Dolmens near Antequera SpainIn July 2016, UNESCO named the Antequera megalithic dolmens a world heritage site. Dolmens are ancient burial sites and Megaliths are massive stones used in prehistoric construction.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/531405/C41F6969-E..3B4318DD12 Posted by CherylGypsyRose in The Iberian Penninsula in December | Dec 7, 2016
- Last Day in Barcelona. :(We woke up to our last day in Barcelona. Jake was our leader today. We took the subway to the classroom we have been in several times before and Rich from Barcelona SAE led a discussion about cultural Posted by AnneO in Barcelona 2017 | Jan 13, 2017
- Camino Day 9: The Rendezvous [center] [/center]
Recognizing quickly that the main Peregrino fold advanced from town to town per guidebook suggestions, this pattern was dodged quickly. M Posted by Shantitraveler in Camino de Santiago | Jan 12, 2017
- Business Tour and City Branding LectureToday's itinerary was pretty short, so I don't have a lot to show you today. But Amoreena and Ker were our leaders. Ker explained what we would be doing today and we boarded a bus to go to Posted by AnneO in Barcelona 2017 | Jan 12, 2017
- Business ToursToday was a bit different from all the days up until now because we split up into two groups for business visits. I was with the the law and business students. Evan was our leader and he made sure Posted by AnneO in Barcelona 2017 | Jan 11, 2017
- Spanish Food, Born Neighborhood and Catalan Parliment VisitYesterday's leaders were Jordan and Erik. Jordan started off with our summary of what we would be doing for the day. Erik then led the way to the classroom where we had a lecture about how culture is Posted by AnneO in Barcelona 2017 | Jan 11, 2017
- Animal Aventures at Selwo Aventura
All smiles, the kids ran into Selwo Aventura park, towards the leopard cage, where at 11 AM a feeding of the animals was taking place. Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Jan 11, 2017
- RondaRolling hills, steep cliffs, meandering roads, fruitful fields, flying birds.... the trip to Ronda is indeed memorable and refreshing. Poets, writers, artists, and royalty have marveled it's character. Every day folks flock from around the world to experi Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Jan 10, 2017