- WHEN THE BOOTS FIND YOU.....Our disappointment at not being able to visit the town of Montserrat was short lived when we woke up to glorious sunshine, 20 degrees and no wind. After taking our time packing up the room, drinking much coffee and eating Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Feb 23, 2014
- GAUDI, BUSKERS, MARKETS AND A LITTLE MORE TAPASIt was a beautiful sunny day in Barcelona. The wind was cold so it was still necessary to wear a coat and even with that we were a little chilly on the top of the double-decker bus. We had Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Feb 22, 2014
- Cadiz, Spain20th February
The Spanish city of Cadiz, near Gibraltar, is the oldest city on the Iberian Peninsula and is very pretty with white houses and balconies filled with flowers. We both did a different tour here with Tony taking the long Posted by Tony and Penny in Tony and Pennys Travels | Feb 20, 2014
- PERHAPS A LITTLE OVER THE TAPASWell first of all, I would like to thank you all for your support on the shoe shopping. It is nice to have so many good friends encouraging in time of doubt. Sadly, I have not yet purchased any shoes Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Feb 21, 2014
- WE ARE ON TAPPAS THE WORLDOk, ok so I stole a line, unsuccessfully perhaps, from a movie (I hate Valentine’s Day) I watched last weekend where he had a restaurant called “I’m on Tapas”.
We are all settled in Barcelona. We took a 10 am flight Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Feb 20, 2014
- Mallorca Given that I 'accidentally' got a job 3 days before term started, our settling in time to our new home has taken a bit longer than planned, and been a bit more tiring than planned. When I was not Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Feb 13, 2014
- 2012 D5 OCEAN PRINCESS - SEVILLE===CADIZ - ANDALUCIA - IN SPAIN===
THIS IS THE MARINA, NOT THE OCEAN PRINCESS
THE OCEAN PRINCESS HAS LEFT AFRICA BEHIND & ARRIVED IN EUROPE.
I HAVE SPENT MONTHS IN SPAIN Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Apr 16, 2012
- 2012 D3 OCEAN PRINCESS - CANARY ISLANDSAS I TOOK THIS PHOTO SO A SMUDGE STARTED TO APPEAR IN EVERY PHOTO. I HAVE TRIED TO ZOOM & CROP AROUND IT BUT YOU WILL SEE IT SOMETIMES.
SOMETHING ON THE SENSOR - NEVER DID GO AWAY, SO I Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Apr 16, 2012
- SPAIN Part Cuatro
Our final warm destination in our six month long adventure chasing summer was Spain’s beautiful Basque Country. We only had time to experience two towns so we chose Bilbao for its culture Posted by andrewemma in Let's Go Get Lost | Jan 27, 2014
- First ImpressionSince I arrived a day early, I’ve had the opportunity to wander around Sevilla by myself. Departing at 10:30am (had to sleep in after 30 hours of travel) - I roamed the beautiful calles of Sevilla for hours, loving Posted by Abi'sAdventures in Nomadic Notes | Jan 7, 2014
- 2009 A9 NCL GEM - TRANSATLANTIC - BARCELONA - THE ENDCOMING TO THE END OF THE CRUISE NOW.. JUST CANNES & BARCELONA TO GO.
I WAS TEMPTED TO NOT EVEN GET OFF THE BOAT IN CANNES.
IN THE END I JUST TOOK A FEW SNAPS INTHE HARBOUR & WENT ASHORE FOR A Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 10, 2013
- 2009 A5 NCL GEM - TRANSATLANTIC - THE ALHAMBRA===GRENADA & THE ALHAMBRA===
I LIVED IN SPAIN FOR A FEW MONTHS DOING BAR WORK ETC. BUT NEVER WENT TO THE ALHAMBRA.
GOING TO RECTIFY THAT NOW.
LOTS OF PHOTOS. TOO MAY PROBABLY, BUT YOU TRY & PICK JUST A FEW. IT'S VERY Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 10, 2013
- 2009 A4 NCL GEM - TRANSATLANTIC - CADIZOVERNIGHT, WE TRAVELLED SOUTH & TODAY ARE DOCKED IN CADIZ.
THE EXCURSION TAKES US INLAND TO ARCOS DE LA FRONTERA. ONE OF THE WHITE HILL VILLAGES OF SOUTHERN SPAIN & A STOP AT A SHERRY MAKING PLACE IN JEREZ. Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 10, 2013
- Hello Palma!!! So Palma de Mallorca.... It absolutely one of my favorite places yet on this planet. Having travelled the world for the past 8 years, I made my way to Palma early last year, and not having any expectations of Posted by Petrena in A winter in Palma:) | Dec 28, 2013
- Barcelona, 2009"Barthhhhelllona!" beamed the voice of captain Bob Bain (yes, we remember the name...) as the plane descended into the Catalan capital! This was the first (major) trip that Sabrina and I took together and it was one of Posted by osmanandsabrina in Osman & Sabrina's Adventures | Dec 21, 2013
Just a quick note to let you know how we're going. I'll try to get back on here later and upload some photos and give some more details.
We spent 4 nights in Ireland (2 in Dublin, 2 in Cork) which Posted by NickandJo in Nick and Jo Europe 2013 | Dec 18, 2013
- going home"Es un principio básico del Derecho Penal que no se puede imputar ni castigar a nadie por lo que es, sino por lo que ha hecho“, ha subrayado este martes el fiscal anticorrupción Pedro Horrach, en un nuevo escrito contra Posted by hebbo in Hebbo goes RTW | Dec 17, 2013
- SPAIN Part Tres
After the amazing experience of Granada, we were excited to be heading to the capital of the south, Sevilla! We had heard Seville is one of the hottest places in Spain but the allure of Posted by andrewemma in Let's Go Get Lost | Dec 10, 2013
- SPAIN Part Dos
Due to our sad realisation that we wouldn’t make it to Morocco in this part of our trip, we turned to Granada the Spanish city with plenty of Moorish history to make up for ou Posted by andrewemma in Let's Go Get Lost | Dec 8, 2013
- SPAIN Part Uno
After almost a month travelling through the South of France in the searing heart, eating plenty of cheese and wining ourselves a plenty, it was time to move into the next country, HOLA S Posted by andrewemma in Let's Go Get Lost | Dec 5, 2013
- Madrid & Marbella I find that most of my journeys I have a bit of a sense of trepidation and anticipation; most of the time this is due to arriving at a new place, unaware of what lies beyond the safety of the Posted by bgriffs in A Barefoot Existence | Nov 30, 2013
- Trans Iberian TrainAfter returning from Madeira, the travel bug couldn't be kept away for too long, so me and a couple of friends decided we should go on a weekend trip to the Basque Country. I was planning to try Renfe's TrenHotel Posted by danics in World Away | Nov 29, 2013
- What Happens in Barcelona, Stays in Barcelona Barcelona, mi amor.
So this was my first flight flying Ryan Air. For all those readers out there who aren’t familiar with this airline, it is the cheapest and sneakiest European Airline out there, dangerously comparable to our very own Spirit Posted by kbali in Karishma Goes to Europe | Oct 30, 2013
- Alicante, SpainI feel so fortunate to live close to a regional airport where we can take low cost flights to different spots around Europe. It is even better when we have a long weekend during the colder months and can go Posted by trackers in ¡Global Nada! | Nov 24, 2013
- SANTIAGO – FINESTERRA- MUXIA Another 100 kilometers was what we had agreed to, and it should have been a simple three or four days more to walk from Santiago to Finesterra which was a route done centuries ago by many people and pilgrims. It Posted by erika_simon in Simplicity, Inspiration and Angels | Nov 13, 2013