- AdventuresPeople say that pictures are worth a thousand words, and usually I would agree. Painting a picture in someone's head does take some time, yet the hardest thing to do is describe all the details. Well, if you gave me Posted by JohnConnor in Alabama Engineering in Europe | May 28, 2015
- El Palacio de NavarraPamplona is quite a charming city, and while it is very relaxed (lots of hole-in-the-wall coffee shops!), it is also very regal. The group visited the Palace of Navarra to prove it. Between the Goya painting (pictured below) and the Posted by emmaclements in Alabama Engineering in Europe | May 28, 2015
- Malaga[img=http://photos.tra Posted by sarahisland in Cape Town to Dublin | May 28, 2015
- History EverywherePamplona's rich history is visible virtually everywhere you go. Yesterday we ate lunch at a a place called Molino that had taken an old mill and converted it into a restaurant/kayak rental and lesson store. Then we we all along Posted by esconnell in Alabama Engineering in Europe | May 27, 2015
- Revolution and Futbol
Sideways because travellerspoint has issues! However, is you read you can see that a group working on social change is using the public's love of futbol to foster their Posted by dgwilliamson03 in Alabama Engineering in Europe | May 27, 2015
- Cueta Posted by sarahisland in Cape Town to Dublin | May 27, 2015
- First Impressions My first 48 hours in the country have been rough. I say that because of the time difference, mainly because of jet lag. Once I got past the jet lag, I got to see the beauty of Pamplona. As I Posted by JohnConnor in Alabama Engineering in Europe | May 25, 2015
- First Post-first impressionsThe first thing I noticed was how few people spoke English. I fully understood what it was like to be alone in a country that does not speak the same language and I now have immense respect for the immigrants Posted by tcanderson in Alabama Engineering in Europe | May 25, 2015
- Spain: First ImpressionsSpain is a very different place than the United States. Even having stayed in Pamplona for only 48 hours, there are a few things that have really struck me. For example, meals are extremely different, from the time we eat Posted by emmaclements in Alabama Engineering in Europe | May 25, 2015
- Bienvenido a EspañaThe first few days here have been great; except perhaps Saturday with all the sleep-deprived travelling. My host family, Maite and Jesus are fantastic and Maite has made sure that we aren't going hungry. She is a great cook and Posted by esconnell in Alabama Engineering in Europe | May 25, 2015
- Classes start PamplonaToday the studentsarrive at PLSI at 8:45 for a biref orientation and then 3 plus hours of Spanish speaking lessons. We will do a little walking tour in the city center and then eat at Carmen's favorite place just Posted by dgwilliamson03 in Alabama Engineering in Europe | May 25, 2015
- Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Canary Islands Posted by sarahisland in Cape Town to Dublin | May 23, 2015
- The Portugese Camino We enjoy a nice breakfast of crunchy toasted breads, ham and cheese and they have Pod coffee which I discovered at our hotel in Porto. Then we begin our first days walk but spend the first 30 minutes going around Posted by craigdpratt in Father Daughter Camino Pilgrimage | May 21, 2015
- Day Two - Barcelona Here We ComeWe had a great night sleep which meant we didn't get to breaky until after 10am and by the time teeth were cleaned and ablutions attempted (again) it wasn't until after 12 noon we went in search of what Posted by craigdpratt in Father Daughter Camino Pilgrimage | May 21, 2015
- DAY 18 - Monday 18th May - Toledo to Salamanca (1 day ahead)Weather - think I should have packed more shorts and vest type t-shirts! Mid 30s
The Quest of the Lost Phone - so this is it, this is the holy grail that should be conquered today if my research for this Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | May 20, 2015
- DAY 17 - Sunday 17th May - Madrid to Toledo (1 day ahead)Weather - now this may get boring but it's scorchio!! Mid 30s although regretted that heat later...
Bliss as it was shower time, and these are nice facilities! It's been 6 days but who's counting...well maybe Ellie??
So glad we had Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | May 20, 2015
- So long Madrid and Europe!Well, we are back in Calgary and reminiscing over the fabulous study tour this year. I wanted to update you on the last day in Madrid and share some photos, actually lots of photos because the upload from here Posted by jonaway in Can you spell Mediterranean? | May 20, 2015
- DAY 16 - Saturday 16th May - Avila to Madrid (1 day behind)Weather - in the mid 30s so think spring / summer time has definitely begun here.
Driving game - with driving everyday there's got to be some amusement and today it was 'guess in one bar if it's a Spanish or Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | May 20, 2015
- DAY 15 - Friday 15th May - Valladolid, Signovia to AvilaWeather - clear sky but windy and not so warm :( Hit Signovia and change to shorts and a t-shirt...30 degrees, whoop whoop :)
Why oh why - on all the advertising boards for ice cream, in the whole of Spain Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | May 20, 2015
- DAY 14 - Thursday 14th May - Burgos to ValladolidWeather - I wouldn't say dull, there were some sunny parts
Well not much happened today, it's more of a stopover I find as I'm getting slightly ahead of myself. Today's highlights:
- I paid for a parking ticket at a machine Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | May 20, 2015
- DAY 13 - Wednesday 13th May - Haro to Burgos (1 day ahead)Weather - I'm sorry to sound smug but it's still hot over here, shorts are staying on!
So we head into Haro of which has its own Hollywood style sign on the hill, no really it does. We wander around and Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | May 20, 2015
- Barcelona17 May 2015
Left Madrid and caught the fast train to Barcelona. The fast train traveled at 300km/hour!!!
Walked around the old district of Barcelona, saw Pala Guell and La Rumba. Had dinner in a wonderful area called Placa Reial. Barcelona won Posted by cbrewster in Colin and Carols European Trip 2015 | May 19, 2015
- Santiago and Galicia30/4/15 - 8/5/15 Santiago de Compostela
Finally catering for ourselves so we started with a healthy brekkie and then ventured out into the Welsh (sorry Galician - I will no doubt continue to confuse the two and they are all Celts Posted by aireland in Mid Life Gap | May 19, 2015
- Not enough timeFirst view of the Mediterranean from our train:
A few days is not enough time to see all we wanted to see in beautiful Barcelona. It's a big city. We plan to come back in June Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | May 19, 2015
- San Sebastian Day 4Monday 18th May 2015
Another beautiful day in San Sebastian. We are now taking Phill's wise words of 'more nourishment and less punishment' as we took it easy today walking a Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2015 | May 19, 2015