- DAY 39 - Monday 8th June - La Isleta to San Juan de losYep these two villages weren't on my list to see but these are the kind of places to rest your head and view the stunning scenery of the waves coming into shore from the van. It's hidden, not a tourist Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Jun 9, 2015
- What's a vegetarian?First, let me set the stage. So, being a vegetarian in a country is difficult when you don't have an extremely firm grasp on the language. The first thing I made sure I knew when I arrived in Spain, though, Posted by emmaclements in Alabama Engineering in Europe | Jun 9, 2015
- DAY 38 - Sunday 7th June - Almerimar to Almeria to La IsletaWell I woke up, hmmm thinking about it now did I ever get to sleep to wake up. 7am the music stopped in my head, 7am the music stopped in one of the bars on the harbour. That's 7am after Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Jun 9, 2015
- Who is she?Language isn't always the only barrier between people of different countries. Each country and region has its own way of saying things, so even if you understand the literal translation the meaning can still be lost. For example, the other Posted by esconnell in Alabama Engineering in Europe | Jun 9, 2015
- DAY 37 - Saturday 6th June - Granada to AlmerimarAnother quiet night of sleep, this time up in the mountains. This morning is going to be a lazy one before heading off to Granada and so breakfast to prepare first. Well I have my usual, bowl of dry cornflakes Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Jun 9, 2015
- "Love Home Swap" Periana, SpainWe retrieved our car from its lock up place behind our hotel in Malaga and headed for the Country. Geoff was concentrating on driving on the right hand side of the road. The countryside is so different to Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jun 9, 2015
- Malaga, SpainWith some euros cashed up it was time to explore Malaga. With a map of the best places to go supplied by the hotel we were off. We soon found ourselves in the maze of alley ways with Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jun 8, 2015
- Day 3 Sailing on Mira* It was easy to get up early for the sailing trip since I never slept.
* I was buzzed all night by a mosquito.
* I kept hiding my head under the sheet only coming out once in awhile for air.
* Posted by sherrietravels in Mallorca, Majorca or Whatever | Jun 8, 2015
- Malaga Accomodation We were very pleased with our hotel in Malaga, it was very luxurious, so much room. Pity we were only there one night. There was a swimming pool at the top of the hotel, where the British holiday Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jun 8, 2015
- French Beaches I have a love/hate relationship with going to the beach. This past weekend we were able to go up to Biarritz, France and visit the beaches there. The town is know as a tourist town with some of the best Posted by JohnConnor in Alabama Engineering in Europe | Jun 8, 2015
- Salamanca15/5/15 Left Porto to make our way over to the Rioja region is Spain (there appears to be a theme here - Ed!) via Salamanca.
The great thing about the journey is that much of it follows the Douro so we Posted by aireland in Mid Life Gap | Jun 8, 2015
- Madrid, Spain My trip is winding down to a close as i am just starting the penultimate destination. The flight from Lisbon to Madrid was a short one, only 651km with a flight time of 1 hour and 15 minutes. The price Posted by Adam46 in Dream Trip | Jun 8, 2015
- London to Malaga We got out of bed at 5.15 am, not a problem as it was already getting light. We soon packed our bags and headed to the door. We decided not to wait for the bus but to walk to Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jun 7, 2015
- Tomb of Sancho VII
Sancho VII was a very important figure in the history of the kingdom of Navarra, and this was his tomb in Rancesvalles. It was a very impressive tomb, and the figure was said to have been as Posted by tcanderson in Alabama Engineering in Europe | Jun 7, 2015
- DAY 36 - Friday 5th June - Torre del Mar to GranadaOh wow this is a first, must have needed it after 5 weeks of constant travelling, as I slept til 10.30am!! Normally I'm up at 7.30am with the latest being 8am no matter where I am but today, and it Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Jun 7, 2015
- DAY 35 - Thursday 4th June - Gibraltar to Marbella to MalagaBeeeeppppp, beeeepppp, hooonkkk, hooonkkk. I do believe that is my wake up call! Around 6.30am I have never heard so many people beep their horns so much but I wasn't entirely sure why as all the screens were up and Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Jun 7, 2015
- Day 2 Bunyola to Soller* I had a pretty good sleep except for the 5:00am barking dogs who woke up the roosters who cock-a-doodled forever and then some, who woke up the mosquitoes who buzzed in my ear and nipped at my arms.
* So Posted by sherrietravels in Mallorca, Majorca or Whatever | Jun 6, 2015
- DAY 34 - Wednesday 3rd June - Sanlucar de Barrameda to GibraAfter a walk on the beach and Ellie doing her greyhound impression of running round and round in top speed, we head off Gibraltar. Actually thinking about it Ellie was also like Black Beauty in the titles racing across the Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Jun 6, 2015
- DAY 33 - Tuesday 2nd June - Manta Rota to Matalascanas toWeather - Just in case you were still wondering, nothing has changed. Its still clear blue skies and hot!
It's 5am and i'm up doing photos, yes it's 5am!! Slowly but surely i'm getting there and the pressure is on as Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Jun 6, 2015
- Kid in a Candy ShopWe are now done with the second week here in Pamplona, and by far this week has been much busier than the first. Yesterday, all the Alabama students meet up with a group from Auburn. We all went to CENFIER, Posted by JohnConnor in Alabama Engineering in Europe | Jun 5, 2015
- A full weekMonday we got to visit Cener, a government agency that tests photo-voltaic cells. It was interesting to see all of the testing procedures and learn more about how the cells work. Then on Thursday we went with the Auburn students Posted by esconnell in Alabama Engineering in Europe | Jun 5, 2015
- I'm a Pilgrim!The Pamplona group made a day trip up to Roncesvalles today, and it was really interesting! We first stopped in Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port in France, which is a very small and adorable town with lots of cute shops (including a really amazing Posted by emmaclements in Alabama Engineering in Europe | Jun 5, 2015
- Salou... Food... Wine...Afternoon all,
So it's been a fair while since I updated the blog... whoops! Sorry! We are currently sitting on Ange & Sam's couch in London, taking a break from dealing with letting agents, banks and trying to save some Posted by fatmonkey in Europe 2015 | Jun 5, 2015
- Day 1 Zurich to Mallorca* Drop carryon luggage at Lora's car.
* Lighten my load by unpacking some gifts.
* Take our other luggage to checkin for flight to Mallorca.
* I already have a seat assignment but Lora doesn't. She uses the kiosk and Posted by sherrietravels in Mallorca, Majorca or Whatever | Jun 4, 2015
- Everyday Energy Saving - Project 1
In this video, Tessa, Elizabeth, and Emma discuss the everyday energy saving techniques we've noticed while in Spain. Topics include: reusable napkins, clotheslines, shorter showers, the lack of automatic toilet Posted by emmaclements in Alabama Engineering in Europe | Jun 4, 2015