- GranadaI have spent the last two nights in Granada. Granada has such a vibrant multicultural population.
There are many people of Islamic descent here.
I had a delicious Morrocan dinner the other night (to change things up). Hommus and fresh Posted by europa84 in europa | Jul 14, 2015
- Four Amazing Days in SevilleThe day started off promising enough... I took a walk this morning to find some food to eat and while walking along the sidewalk, I found a 50 Euro note in the middle of the street. After getting my Posted by SteveJenn in Exploring Spain - 2015 | Jul 8, 2015
- SevilleI have spent the last two days in Seville. I'm now on my way to Granada.
Seville is really lovely. It's stereotypical Spain with flamenco, orange trees, tapas, matadors, Don Juan, and there's got to be a barber Posted by europa84 in europa | Jul 11, 2015
- Day 12 – Wednesday 8 JulyThe morning started at a leisurely pace as we did not have to leave the hotel until 9.30. Now, even though we had seen lots of shops with cork products, we still did not have any pieces for ourselves. We Posted by gpric6 in Spain | Jul 9, 2015
- It's been an entire week?Thursday left me feeling a little worried about my first two classes. A good percent of each class is Brazilian students, who natively speak Portuguese. Grammar-wise we're on the same level, but you can hear the difference during conversations and Posted by sierralove95 in Study Abroad 2015- Spain & travels | Jul 8, 2015
- A Day In CordobaWe vacated our room at the Petit Palace in Madrid, the only home we've know in Spain, and taxied on to Atocha Station for our 2 hour high speed train ride down to Cordoba for an overnight. Again, let Posted by SteveJenn in Exploring Spain - 2015 | Jul 7, 2015
- MadridI have arrived in Madrid, and have a cold along the way.
Hope it doesn't last too long. Posted by europa84 in europa | Jul 5, 2015
- Lazy Day Quatro in MadridToday was our last full day in Madrid, kind of a lazy day. Any progress we made yesterday with adjusting to the time change was erased this morning with a another sleep-in until 11:30 am. The only major Posted by SteveJenn in Exploring Spain - 2015 | Jul 5, 2015
- BarcelonaI'm currently in Barcelona train station waiting for my train to Madrid. Today, I spent most of my day in Barcelona train station.
Yesterday, I went on a tapas and walking tour of the el gotic which is the area Posted by europa84 in europa | Jul 5, 2015
- Day Trip to Toledo We set the alarm for 9:30 am this morning given our intention to take a day trip over to near-by Toledo, a 30 minute high speed train ride from Madrid. The hope was to Posted by SteveJenn in Exploring Spain - 2015 | Jul 1, 2015
- Day 8 - Saturday, 4 July 2015Today we had the opportunity to learn how to make sherry. We had a drive of one and a half hours to a town called Jerez. The tour was to the Williams and Humber site, esta4 July blished in 1877. Posted by gpric6 in Spain | Jul 4, 2015
- Day 7 - Friday 3 JulyOur day started at 9am when we left the lovely town of Ronda and headed for Seville, two and a half hours away. Tom our guide, changed our schedule so that we had a tour as soon as we were Posted by gpric6 in Spain | Jul 4, 2015
- A Day of Art and SleepI was hoping for six hours of sleep last night and we got a little more. When the first of us crawled out of bed to check the time, it was already 11:30 am. So some success was Posted by SteveJenn in Exploring Spain - 2015 | Jun 30, 2015
- BarcelonaYesterday, I went on a guided tour of architecture by Antoni Gaudi, including La Sagrada Familia (a church he designed).
Gaudi was a pioneer in the modernist architecture movement and had very innovative and progressive ideas for the early 20th century Posted by europa84 in europa | Jul 4, 2015
- Barcelona to Manchester We managed to get about four hours sleep with the party and fireworks racket outside the window. As the party finished it was time to get going. We found quite a few tired looking people on the street. Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jul 3, 2015
- Day 6 - Thursday 2 JulyBefore I start this blog, I have to advise that there were some factual errors in day 5. I had the incorrect name of the village that fed us and the incorrect explanation of the mule measurement. This has now Posted by gpric6 in Spain | Jul 3, 2015
- Last day in BarcelonaIt was our last day so we hopped on our train to see what was at the end of the line two stops away. Not much so back on the train to go to the other end of the Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jul 3, 2015
- Coastal Train trip to SitgesWe were told by at least three people that we should take a trip to Sitges. This is a seaside resort North of Barcelona. We managed to find where to catch the train in Central city. It Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jul 2, 2015
- Hola, Madrid! We have arrived!It was just about 24 hours ago that we were at Logan AIrport awaiting to board our Aer Lingus light to Madrid. ALready, it feels like we have been here longer, dealing with a distorted sense of time, an Posted by SteveJenn in Exploring Spain - 2015 | Jun 29, 2015
- Universidad de SalamancaOkay, so. Wednesday night, after a bit of a nap, we met with our trip leader, Alberto Ferreiro, to go over our schedules, get our ID cards, and get ready for the academic portion of the trip. We got our Posted by sierralove95 in Study Abroad 2015- Spain & travels | Jul 2, 2015
- Day 5 - Wednesday, 1 July 2015Today was like no other. Breakfast was special as it turns out that the Hotel Palau de La Mar was once a monastery so there were gravestones in the courtyard where we ate. We had to order our hot breakfast Posted by gpric6 in Spain | Jul 2, 2015
- BarcelonaBig drama today.
The hotel we booked was cancelled the night before we arrived in Barcelona. We spent 3 hours organising a new hotel. The new hotel was on the beach at Castedelfels, which was 30 mins out of town. When Posted by pesabery2015 in Ryan's Europe Trip | Jul 2, 2015
- Day 4 - Tuesday, 30 June 2015Breakfast was a bit of a challenge. The hotel was not big enough for our group so it was a little difficult to find what we wanted. We had to share a table with a chap from Italy – a Posted by gpric6 in Spain | Jul 1, 2015
- Day 3 - Monday, 29 June 2015This morning we left bustling Barcelona and headed south. The scenery quickly changed to farmland between the hills. The fact is Spain is 40% mountains. These hills were denude of any vegetation and it reminded me a good deal of Posted by gpric6 in Spain | Jul 1, 2015
- Travel & Arrival in SalamancaWe unload our bus at the airport and settle in for two hours of waiting for all the other travelers to arrive. We wandered, exchanged more cash, and experimented with McDonald's breakfast in Spain. I really just wanted some damned Posted by sierralove95 in Study Abroad 2015- Spain & travels | Jul 1, 2015