- ToledoSpain’s former capital Toledo has 2500 years of tangled history. Roman, Jewish, Visigothic, Moorish and Christian people have all called Toledo home. For centuries Toledo was a Roman trading and transportation site with a thriving Jewish population. After Posted by Sam Baker in My Awesome O.E. | Jan 21, 2013
- Walks in MadridToday we were going to walk towards our interesting goal of the Royal Palace. The Palacio Real de Madrid (The Royal Palace of Madrid) is the official residence of the King of Spain in the city of Madrid, but is Posted by Sam Baker in My Awesome O.E. | Jan 21, 2013
- Spanish GloryToday was yet another bus turistic day in the sweltering Madrid heat. We set off and picked up tickets on the bus. We saw lots of ruins and famous buildings including the grand opera house of Madrid. We also saw Posted by Sam Baker in My Awesome O.E. | Jan 21, 2013
- BarcelonaLate start this morning, woke up at 9.40 and breakfast in bed at 9.45. Freshly squeezed orange juice, pot of tea, honey yoghurt and croissants, living the dream. Unfortunately though, I also managed to pick up a cold, probably from Posted by Claire.Miller in Claire's Euro Trip 2013 | Jan 20, 2013
We have finally made it to Spain- Blake's favourite country in the world :). We took a door to door bus service from the airport (which was half the price of a taxi!) and we found ourselves right outside Posted by blake-michelle in Blake & Michelle VS The World | Jan 20, 2013
- Canary IslandsThis was the most amazing place we’ve been to for sure. It was extra impressive though because it was my first beach vacation, and I think I loved it so much because it reminds of home in a lot of Posted by kmclean in Canadian Students Abroad | Jan 14, 2013
- ObservationsToday I went on my first run around the city, down to the river (which is actually only a trickle) and onto a trail. I was surprised at how many people I have seen running in the street and Posted by rae.lloydlever in España | Jan 17, 2013
- Los Reyes and La Sagrada FamiliaHello again everyone! I am finally getting caught up after a hectic and adventurous holiday season. Hope your new year has started out the right way!
A little bit more Spanish culture for you to start things off: Christmas is Posted by dclift in Pensamientos Errabundos | Jan 16, 2013
- Back 2 spainheya guys i haven't put a blog on here for a long time so i've finally decided to write one now so this year in the summer holidays i might be going back to spain and im really excited about Posted by poprules12 in Holidays 2013 | Jan 16, 2013
- Los Reyes Magos
When the decorations are boxed up again and the January blues well and truly kicked in in many countries, festivities are still in full swing across Spain, with the highlight of the seas Posted by lauracerys in Destino Infinito | Jan 16, 2013
- alcala de los gazules to algecirasthursday: got everything done yesterday - all the washing dried, phew, and p managed to
get the condensation/heat saving 'silver padded sheet' we'd bought from carlos, way back when,
sorted too - it should help with the cold nights in the Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jan 10, 2013
- Mis primeros días en GranadaLeft Madrid by bus and slept most of the 5 hour bus ride. We were given no information besides the fact that we needed to show up at the address of our home-stay between 12:00-19:30. Lauren and I Posted by rae.lloydlever in España | Jan 10, 2013
- Seville, SpainIt is said that Seville is the driest, hottest place in Europe. It claims to have the highest recorded temperature in the world – 56 degress C (40C = 104F)! However, somehow, we managed to stay for three rainy days Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Jan 9, 2013
- olvera to alcala de los gazules (via t' alhaquine + setenil)tuesday: woke up to a cloudy day, and a bit cold too, but brightened up pretty fast : )
leaving here today, so usual drill after breakfast - onto the services to dump waste/fill up with
water, then into the bar Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jan 8, 2013
- Madrid, SpainMadrid is all about staying up late with music shows not even starting till 11pm on a weeknight! It’s also a city of art and has three of the most famous art museums in Europe – Sofia, Prado, and Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Jan 8, 2013
- Valencia, Spain As with many towns in Spain, Valencia is known for its paella and its healthy servings of seafood. Now that shrimp paella has become the standard to serve to tourists there has become a huge selection of shrimp sold Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Jan 7, 2013
- Barcelona, Spain Barcelona is a very pretty city, and although crowded in some places, it was easy to get off the beaten path and find a narrow alley way to walk down. For example, in one quiet ally we stumbled into Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Jan 7, 2013
- MadridSo glad to have Lauren Vermilion with me during this whole expedition to a foreign country. My feelings of anxiety were quelled slightly by the fact that I could share those feelings with her. We both squished into Posted by rae.lloydlever in España | Jan 5, 2013
- grazalema to olvera (via zahara and algodonales)saturday: had a little look around grazalema last night, seemed we just missed the fiesta as all quiet
when we went in.
found some lovely little shops, plus a supermarket, all open late, so had a quick browse around/mini
stock up Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jan 5, 2013
- marbella (cabopino) to grazalema (via ronda)friday: another good night on the hard bed! p not feeling too bad either...slept better after
taking a lemsip (spanish style, we think it tasted of oranges!).
up later than we wanted, we are out of practice with moving these days, and Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jan 4, 2013
- Burgos ExcursionFamous for....
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/454714/DSCF1517.j Posted by SierraRose in living, loving life in españa | Jan 3, 2013
- marbella (casa la concha) to marbella (cabopino)wednesday: slept a bit better - always do second night, plus tired!
watched a bad film (pearl harbour) in our cottage after a nice aft. exploring old haunts -
puerto banus - for pizza lunch - and aloha golf club - where Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jan 2, 2013
- velez malaga to marbella (casa la concha)monday: woke up to a sunny day, lovely and quiet in the courtyard....only 3 vans in there!
p went for a run, no rush to get onto the road today, headed for marbella, hotel casa la concha,
about an hour and a Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Dec 31, 2012
- granada to velez malaga (torre del mar)sunday: slept well after our walk around the alhambra, and not so cold last night either, there
was a bit more cloud up there!
we are leaving granada today, heading back to the coast to velez malaga/torre del mar, to a
campsite, Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Dec 30, 2012
- almerimar to granada (for the alhambra)friday: up early for speedy pack up and go....aimed to be on the road by 10am, and made it
headed to another campsite, close to granada, for our alhambra visits, about 2 hours drive.
amazing journey along the coast road from Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Dec 29, 2012