- Wind Energy in Spain!So, as soon as I learned about this study abroad program in Pamplona, I could not stop thinking about getting to see the Spanish wind farms. While the one that we visited today was relatively small and used older technology, Posted by emmaclements in Alabama Engineering in Europe | Jun 25, 2015
- Wind MillsToday we went to see the windmills up on the mountains by Pamplona! It was very cool and the view was amazing.
The windmills were a lo Posted by tcanderson in Alabama Engineering in Europe | Jun 25, 2015
- Exploring BarcelonaOn our first day in Barcelona we caught the train tor Barcelona. We were advised to buy 10 tickets rides. First you get off the train and look around trying to make sense of everything and definitely making Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jun 23, 2015
- Malaga to Barcelona As we didn't have to catch the plane till 3.15 pm we had plenty of time to wash all our linen, clean, pack and say our goodbyes to David and Barbara. As we neared the airport we thought we Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jun 23, 2015
- And now you know the rest of the storySo Saturday night I wrote about our first day in San Sebastián. However, that's not exactly how it happened. It started off the same; we met at the bus station, rode to San Sebastián, and went to the aquarium. Then Posted by esconnell in Alabama Engineering in Europe | Jun 22, 2015
- A Beach ComparisonI have now been to two different beaches during my time abroad this summer: Biarritz and San Sebastián. So which is better?
While San Sebastián had a lot more people on a much smaller beach, the water was warmer, the sand Posted by emmaclements in Alabama Engineering in Europe | Jun 21, 2015
- Day 7 Formentor* We head out towards the northeast corner of Majorca - Becky tells me it is northwest and I still don't get it
* The first stop is my choice, Parc Natural de S'Albuferar - supposedly a great birding park
* No Posted by sherrietravels in Mallorca, Majorca or Whatever | Jun 21, 2015
- Day 6 Palma* No buzzing
* Late start to the cock-a-doodling maybe because the doors were closed and we didn't hear it
* Best sleep yet
* Off to Palma to see THE Cathedral
* We easily find the underground parking with Becky navigating
* Garage has Posted by sherrietravels in Mallorca, Majorca or Whatever | Jun 21, 2015
- Day 5 Mira to Miro and Valldemossa* Awake at 5:00
* As the vision in my left eye is a little distorted I head to the mirror to take a look.
* I have a bite under my eye that swelled up to gargantuan proportions.
* Dab some Benadryl.
* Posted by sherrietravels in Mallorca, Majorca or Whatever | Jun 21, 2015
- Day 4 Valldemossa* So dogs, roosters and mosquitoes did their usual thing at 4 but I was able to get back to sleep until 10.
* A lazy start to the day with breakfast on the balcony followed by lounging poolside.
* Livia joins Posted by sherrietravels in Mallorca, Majorca or Whatever | Jun 21, 2015
- Medieval Art
Some of the more interesting pieces that I saw when I went to the art museum in Barcelona. The building was really cool too! Posted by tcanderson in Alabama Engineering in Europe | Jun 19, 2015
The Sagrada Familia was one of the coolest buildings I have ever seen! Here are pictures of the outside, and the ceiling. The Posted by tcanderson in Alabama Engineering in Europe | Jun 19, 2015
- Cadaques22/5/15. Long drive from Logrono to Cadaques ahead of us. Estimate it will take 7 hours overall (I was right). Since I put the plan together we have changed things a bit. We were going to stop over in Zaragossa Posted by aireland in Mid Life Gap | Jun 19, 2015
- DAY 45 - Sunday 14th June – Avinyonet del Penedes toWell that's one motorhome making an early start I hear...at 6.30am! So I'm up and decide upon an early one myself as Barcelona is one city I want to spend my time exploring.
Heading on in all that was in my Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Jun 19, 2015
- DAY 44 - Saturday 13th June – Valenica to Stiges toJust got the 3 bites in the night it seems so I'm trying not to scratch the red blobs now...but it's sooo tempting! Quick breakfast, washed up with a refill of drinking water and we were off, TomTom take us Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Jun 19, 2015
- While here I've...Here in Castellar, I have been more of a tourist than any other place before. How do I feel about this? Uneasy. How do I handle it? Easy, like any place else I start living the cluture.
The other day I Posted by WorldRun in The Great Travel Race | Jun 19, 2015
- A Sunny Sunday at MadridHave you ever been in Madrid?
Having a bad-weather day is pretty rare in Madrid. Instead of suffering a hangover at home alone or preparing and waiting for the working week, enjoying every moment of the weekend like a true Madridelene Posted by mk.magloire in Mkmag blog and travel experience | Jun 18, 2015
- Periana, we shall miss youWhat a great experience to have lived in the mountain village of Periana. We enjoyed dining at some of the many restaurants in the town and surrounding districts. The food was great. We learnt that sangria packs a Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jun 18, 2015
- Rioja17 May. Drove from Salamanca to Logrono (capital of the Rioja Wine Region).
Had arranged to meet Ana at 5pm at flat so we had a bit of time to kill. We arrived at Logrono had a quick coffee and then Posted by aireland in Mid Life Gap | Jun 18, 2015
- Let's Visit Salvador Dali's HomeSalvador Dali has always been an intriguing artist to me. Growing up, I remember him being somewhat scary and his artwork perplexing and disconcerting. As I evolved into an artist myself, I came to appreciate what he was Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | Jun 16, 2015
- DAY 43 - Friday 12th June – Javea to ValenicaWeather update - hot and clear skies around the pool, but soon moved on when it turned overcast.
Now you would have thought I would have slept brilliantly in a double bed and I would have except for one thing....I was Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Jun 16, 2015
- DAY 42 - Thursday 11th June - Benidorm to Denia to JaveaWeather update - well it's only gone and become overcast. Humid with droplets of rain in morning.
Even though this is a main road I've parked up on to sleep there's hardly any traffic at all in the mornings here. Practically Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Jun 16, 2015
- BarcelonaThis past weekend we had four days off so we decided to go to Barcelona. It wouldn't be right for a bunch of engineering students (or anyone really) to go to Barcelona without seeing the Sagrada Familia, and so we Posted by esconnell in Alabama Engineering in Europe | Jun 15, 2015
- Day trip to NerjaWe visited the holiday resort of Nerja, 30 minutes drive from Periana. This resort is popular with British tourists. Apparently not as popular as it once was according to a local paper. They are worried that people Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jun 15, 2015
- Game of Hide and Seek
I awoke this morning in Cadeques thinking about my childhood. I don't know why exactly. Perhaps it was the sliver of morning light that stole into our 2nd story hotel room Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | Jun 15, 2015