- This and ThatYesterday, after a leisurely breakfast, and before a leisurely lunch, we slowed down (even more) by going to the pool in the complex. It was good to get in the cool water as it has been very warm here, in Posted by mzemliak in Parlez-vous Français? | Aug 9, 2016
- A Hard Day of TravelFriday found us in earnest preparation for our trip to the Canary Islands. The family had planned the vacation back in April and invited me to come along so how could I refuse? The first order of the day was Posted by mzemliak in Parlez-vous Français? | Aug 8, 2016
- Real Madrid - Nos encanta España!The weather is HOT and we don't have air conditioning so trying to stay cool is a challenge - which we happily meet. We have AWESOME bars, restaurants and yummy food on our door step.
Venturing out for Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | Aug 6, 2016
- Barcelona 2Today we had an easier day. We did the other 2 HOHO bus routes after a big sleep in.
The exciting thing that happened today was that we got detained by the police! We were lined up for the HOHO bus Posted by YolandeElliott in Gav's and Yolande's Excellent Adventure | Aug 5, 2016
- Day 9: Many Views from Toledo!This trip is starting to wane away. Not that I really mind, as I have so much work including academic work and [[http://scoutsomerville.com/aeronaut-allston/|my killer summer producing project]] I look forward to launching back into. But by Day 9 of a Posted by coolmcjazz in coolmcjourneys | Aug 5, 2016
- BarcelonaWe got up at 5:50 to catch an airport bus. Of course the Vueling flight was delayed. For an hour. We got into Barcelona with our luggage and found the right buses to get to the apartment. The timing was Posted by YolandeElliott in Gav's and Yolande's Excellent Adventure | Aug 5, 2016
- Bienvenidos a Barcelona: Gaudi, Picasso and Ramblin' OnJen and I have always wanted to visit España, especially to have a chance to hablar Espanol, even though its been a while since our lessons.
Renowned for its architecture, unique Cata Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | Aug 5, 2016
- Day 8: A Garden of Madridian Delights!If Day 7 was a day to see lots of ART, Day 8 would be a day to see… EVEN MORE ART! There are two works in particular I’d not easily forgive myself for missing given the effort it took Posted by coolmcjazz in coolmcjourneys | Aug 4, 2016
- GranadaOur one day in Granada was spent well. We got up early and were hiking our way up the hill to get our tickets before 7.30. It was really cool and peaceful. We spent about 4 and a half hours Posted by YolandeElliott in Gav's and Yolande's Excellent Adventure | Aug 3, 2016
- Cordoba to Ronda - Thursday, 14 July 2016Hotel - Parador, Plaza de Espana, Ronda - Room 111 - hotel in a stunning location overlooking the gorge. In fact, dangling over the edge.
When we went to breakfast this morning, there were Roman ruins under our breakfast Posted by gaddingabout in Iberian Splendours | Aug 3, 2016
- Day 7: El Prado y mucho mas!My first morning on the continent begins late; I fear this is becoming a steady refrain, though at least I have staying up late to [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnXiy4D_I8g|watch history being made]] at the DNC as a reasonable excuse. By 1pm or so Posted by coolmcjazz in coolmcjourneys | Aug 3, 2016
- Granada to Cordoba - Wednesday, 13 July 2016Hotel - Palacio del Bailio, Cordoba - Room number 21
Before we left Granada, we visited Alhambra Palace. Our local guide was Lorena. Alhambra is a palace and fortress complex. It was originally constructed as a small fortress Posted by gaddingabout in Iberian Splendours | Aug 3, 2016
- Valencia to Granada - Tuesday, 12 July 2016Hotel - AC Palacio de Santa Paula Granada, Gran Via de Colon, 31, Granada - Room 225
On the bus and driving through the countryside and stopped for lunch at La Parada de Puerto Lumbreras.
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/562028/20160712_ Posted by gaddingabout in Iberian Splendours | Aug 3, 2016
- Viduržemiai. SugrįžimasKaršta Barselonoj dieną iki 32-jų naktį 25 temstant tiesiai nuo lėktuvo traukinio atvykstu į laivą vandens geriamo nėr dujų nėr laivas nelabai svetingai pasitinka džiugu kad sulaukė be kitokių siurprizų nes audrų su rimtais škvalais čia bent pora ritosi k Posted by gramas in MENKĖ PO LOVA | Aug 2, 2016
- Seville 2Just a brief one to say our luggage is with us and we are in Granada. Posted by YolandeElliott in Gav's and Yolande's Excellent Adventure | Aug 2, 2016
- Day 6: Walking On Air, Against My Better Judgment!After two consecutive days of DNC-inspired sleeping in, I’m overdue for an early morning according to the actual local time. And this slated to be a big travel day, jumping across the pond to the continent to begin the truly Posted by coolmcjazz in coolmcjourneys | Aug 2, 2016
- SevilleThings have turned sour a bit. Left my rings at Le Fousseret but Philippe is sending them to Adelaide. Then we experienced that sinking feeling when the luggage carousel stopped and our luggage wasn't on it. Lodged the details with Posted by YolandeElliott in Gav's and Yolande's Excellent Adventure | Aug 1, 2016
- Toulouse and SevilleGot up at the usual time to be ready for breaky but Marie was running late. Anyway we had breaky, had a chat with Philippe again and found out that he works in Toulouse. They are Catholics and he is Posted by YolandeElliott in Gav's and Yolande's Excellent Adventure | Jul 31, 2016
- Mallorca by Sea24 members from the Balboa Yacht Club, Newport Beach,California headed out on a flotilla of boats to explore the southeast coast of Mallorca. The weather was great and even allowed for some good sailing in an breeze building to 20 Posted by Kim MaGee in Warm and Windy Tour | Jul 28, 2016
- Mallorca by LandTest Joined by our Canadian friends Jane and Chris Burchell, we spent a week exploring the beautiful island of Mallorca. The photo is lunch at the seaside town of Estellencs, about and hour Posted by Kim MaGee in Warm and Windy Tour | Jul 28, 2016
- Barcelona to Valencia - Monday, 11 July 2016Hotel - Hospes Palau De La Mar, Navarro Reverter, 14, Valencia - Room 207
Up at 6.30 am, bags packed and down for our last breakfast in Barcelona, and on the bus by 8.45 am for the drive to Valencia.
We drove Posted by gaddingabout in Iberian Splendours | Jul 25, 2016
- HOSTEL LIFE -day 1Ok time to check in. Lynne and I are staying in a 8 bed female dormitory at Cat's Hostel. I have always stayed in hostels when I travel and wouldn't have done it any other way. But this is the Posted by meg elizabeth in American Girl in Spain | Jul 19, 2016
- Seville - Saturday, 16 July 2016Hotel - Melia Colon, Sevilla, Canalejas, 1, Seville - Room 421
Went down for breakfast at 7 am, only to discover that it was 7.30 am on weekends. We took the opportunity to have a little walk around the streets Posted by gaddingabout in Iberian Splendours | Jul 16, 2016
- Barcelona - Sunday, 10 July 2016Hotel - 1898 Barcelona, La Rambla, 109, Barcelona - Room 340
Set the alarm for 6 am which gave us plenty of time to get ready for breakfast at 7 am. We are having a city tour this morning. Posted by gaddingabout in Iberian Splendours | Jul 16, 2016
- Ronda to Seville - Friday, 15 July 2016Hotel - Melia Colon, Sevilla, Canalejas, 1, Seville - Room 421
We woke this morning to hear the dreadful news that a terrorist in a truck had killed 84 people in Nice on Bastille Day. So sad! Let us Posted by gaddingabout in Iberian Splendours | Jul 15, 2016