- Last day in TarifaPostscript to last night.
Caught up for a drink at a pub with a local guy (Paco) and my phone rang.
Unknown Spanish number. As I answered, a guy from the next table came over - it was my host (who I Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Sep 12, 2015
- HomeWell the trip has come to an end. We had our final games of tennis on Friday and a wrap up awards meal. I managed to come third out of my group of 5, not bad I think for not Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Sep 12, 2015
- Tarifa kitingAn exciting and abrupt start to my morning today.
My little apartment is one of a handful off a small common terrace. There is a door from the street to the terrace that is locked at night.
At 4.00am, someone was knocking Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Sep 11, 2015
- Tarifa and GibraltarI went for a walk around Tarifa after breakfast and walked to the southern most part of Europe.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/670049/90_05B3A76ADA2614E6EA74F334 Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Sep 9, 2015
- SpainWe arrived at Murcia airport on Thursday evening and had our transfer to La Manga resort for our week of tennis. I was a bit nervous having not actually played tennis other than a few games at school and a Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Sep 9, 2015
- More CadizToday started a bit overcast, with a shower expected.
My first foray for breakfast provided the best coffee so far. Lots of tourists in town.
[img=http://photos.trave Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Sep 7, 2015
- CadizPost script to last night - I bumped into an Australian in the square near my apartment who shares the same osteo as me!
Up early this morning, at least by Spanish standards.
A quick breakfast and then a 2.3k walk to Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Sep 6, 2015
- Onwards to SpainInstead of catching a taxi to the bus station this morning, I decided to walk the 2.2k.
The Portugese habit of paving things with stones ensured the occupants of every house I passed were woken by the sound generated by the Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Sep 5, 2015
- MadridToday was hot and sunny.
This morning was free time, but I opted for an optional tour to Toledo, one hour from Madrid. We left the hotel at 8:15am, and returned at 1:30pm. We had a local guide and local tour Posted by HimalayanPeter in Churchward in Europe | Sep 3, 2015
- Barcelona to MadridToday was another hot sunny day, reaching 30 C, although light overcast developed in the afternoon, and we had some light rain n Madrid as we arrived, and as we did our panoramic drive.
Today was a long driving day. We Posted by HimalayanPeter in Churchward in Europe | Sep 2, 2015
- BarcelonaAnother hot and sunny day. Not sure what the temp was as we were only in the coach for a short while, but was 25 C at 9:00am.
Had a 3 hour guided tour (driving and walking) from 8:30, after which Posted by HimalayanPeter in Churchward in Europe | Sep 2, 2015
- Nice to BarcelonaAnother sunny and hot day reaching 33 C.
Today was a long driving day, although we had a lunch stop at Arles where we had time to look around the town including the Roman amphitheatre. Although not as large as the Posted by HimalayanPeter in Churchward in Europe | Aug 30, 2015
- San SebastionSan Sebastian is a coastal town in Spain not too far away from the French border. We now had 5 nights here as we had taken a fair few people’s advice to ditch Pamplona, if you are not there when Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Aug 27, 2015
- Day 15This morning we paid an early visit to Casa Mila "La Pedrera" The last of Gaudi's civil engineering works. Another facinating building.
Today is the beginning of our cruise and around 12.00 noon we headed for the port and our ship Posted by John McReynolds in Europe 2015 | Aug 25, 2015
- Day 14Another day in beautiful Barcelona. Today we tried the train (Metro) service to Parc de Montjuic which was confusing with everything in Spanish but we got there. The train trip included a ride in the fenicular railway for only €2.55. Posted by John McReynolds in Europe 2015 | Aug 24, 2015
- last day on the iberianThe last day of our tour has arrived and for some I am sure that they wont remember it. A group of them went out and staggered back in between 6am and 8.30 am. The bus absolutely stunk of alcohol. Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Aug 23, 2015
- the beautiful AlhambraOur 6th day started much the same as the others. We had to be at the Alhambra by 8.45am. But first we had to conquer the 1.5km up hill walk to get to the entrance. The Alhambra is a UNESCO Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Aug 23, 2015
- Africa to EuropeThe theme of early morning starts continued as today we had to be on the 10am ferry back to Europe and specifically heading to Granada in Spain. Now I can probably hear you thinking geez they didn’t stay long in Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Aug 23, 2015
- Day 12What a great day! This morning we took a Gaudi tour which took in Casa Battlo, a famous apartment building "renovated" by Gaudi and the magnificient and yet to be finished Sagrada Familia. The tour was excellent and the Posted by John McReynolds in Europe 2015 | Aug 22, 2015
- last day in MadridFor our last day in Madrid we decided to go to the palace. This palace has only 2800 rooms. It is not used by the royal family as a home anymore, it is only used on special occasions such as Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Aug 22, 2015
- Day 11Today another travelling day with a train trip to Heathrow, atwo hour flight to Barcelona and a mad taxi ride to our hotel Granvia. Travelling to London Airports by regular train is definately the cheapest way to go £3.10 but Posted by John McReynolds in Europe 2015 | Aug 21, 2015
- Iberian Adventure ItineraryDay 1: Madrid to Seville
Welcome to your Iberian Adventure! Today we head to Sevilla. Enroute we visit the picturesque town of Cordoba. Home to the Mezquita (Mosque). You will be blown away with the impressive architecture and beautiful stonework. Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Aug 14, 2015
- welcome to MadridBuenos Dias
Due to our late arrival into Madrid we had a sleep in for our first day here. Once we woke up and got ready we headed to the Hammam al andalus. We headed to the only Arab baths Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Aug 13, 2015
- expect the unexpectedSo we didn’t have to check out until 11am so we had a slow start to the morning. The bus was due to arrive at 1pm, so we had time to have some lunch and do our nails. It is Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Aug 11, 2015
- valenciaSo we left Barcelona and headed for Valencia. We finally managed to have Rose as our guide again, she is still awesome, she even gave us a preview of her La Tomatina Song. It was a very quiet bus as Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Aug 11, 2015