- viana d'castelo to cangas d'morrazo (for vigo, islas cies)sunday: had a lovely relaxed day in the warm portugese sunshine yesterday. chilled all am, had some
lunch, then got on the scoot for a whizz around in the aft.
first we headed to the old iron age city, the santa Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | May 26, 2013
- Last Day In Barcelona On Friday Grace and I got up and took the metro to Sagrada Familia. Let me just say, the Barcelona subway system is much much cleaner and easier to use than the New York subways. We got to see the Posted by cgeurope2013 in Casey & Grace's European Adventure | May 26, 2013
- Bike Tour in Barcelona We started our second day in Barcelona off with the fat tire bike tour. We met at Placa de St. Jaume, the city center of old town Barcelona. The next stop was Placa del Rei, the courtyard of the royal Posted by cgeurope2013 in Casey & Grace's European Adventure | May 23, 2013
- Granada to MadridWe left Granada this morning and headed north towards Madrid, travelling through the province of Jaen with vineyards stretching out over the hills as far as you can see. The scenery then changed as we reached the plains Posted by vandk in UK & EUROPE HOLIDAY 2013 | May 22, 2013
- GranadaHeaded to the hills in Granada and toured the Alhambra and its beautiful gardens.
[img=http://photos.trave Posted by vandk in UK & EUROPE HOLIDAY 2013 | May 22, 2013
- Headed West: Galicia and OurenseContinuing my attempt at conquering the majority of Spain, I found myself last weekend in Galicia, which is the region directly north of Portugal in the Northwest corner of the country. As is a fairly common theme in Spain, there Posted by dclift in Pensamientos Errabundos | May 21, 2013
- Up in the hillsMijas is a little village in the hills with fabulous views down to the Costa de Sol and Mediterranean Sea.
All the buildings are white. Hundred of years ago they were painted wi Posted by vandk in UK & EUROPE HOLIDAY 2013 | May 21, 2013
- Roman Amphitheatre and theatre, Merida[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/583156/90_34E9 Posted by suziqed in Portugal and Spain 2013 | May 15, 2013
- Badajoz and Caceres[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/58315 Posted by suziqed in Portugal and Spain 2013 | May 15, 2013
- Merida Archaeological Museum[img=http://ph Posted by suziqed in Portugal and Spain 2013 | May 13, 2013
- Story so farHi,
Been a while coming...
After much wrestling with uploads, formatting and maps (along with sporadic internet connection (so far but getting better)) this represents a snap shot that I will try to update every week or two.
Emphasis on photos and ma Posted by Hedgespice in Hedgespice | May 13, 2013
- An amazing weekendFirst off traveling by motorcycle in the wind is an experience. With everything flashing by so quickly as we zipped along from Granada to Jerez, I felt as though I was in a movie that was fast forwarding. Posted by rae.lloydlever in España | May 12, 2013
- País Vasco (Basque Country)So being from Boise of course I knew about the Basque Country, and it was on my list of places I absolutely had to make it to while traveling. Finally accomplished after this past week! After traveling with Posted by rae.lloydlever in España | May 12, 2013
- SevilleFun day exploring Seville. First an audio tour of the Real Alcazar which is the oldest Royal Palace of Europe still in use.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/488437/Seville__1 Posted by vandk in UK & EUROPE HOLIDAY 2013 | May 11, 2013
- Segovia We are very lucky with the weather, chilly overnight but sunny & 22c during the day - last weekend it was snowing in Madrid!
Today we visited the old city of Segovia where we walked under the Roman aqueduct – amazing Posted by vandk in UK & EUROPE HOLIDAY 2013 | May 11, 2013
- Estepona, Costa del Sol[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/583156/A08C Posted by suziqed in Portugal and Spain 2013 | May 10, 2013
- Off to SpainBuenos días,
We explored Madrid on foot – a energetic bustling city. Plaza Major was alive with street performers & people, an impressive cathedral, a palace, parks & monuments and even an Egyptian Temple.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/488 Posted by vandk in UK & EUROPE HOLIDAY 2013 | May 10, 2013
- Barcelona #2 and Mariner of the SeasMay 6, 2013
I think Mark left out a couple of things yesterday. After Carlos and Cathy left us, we went for a stroll down Las Ramblas. It was really busy—apparently Sunday is normally a 'closed' day Posted by mutzy in Mutzes on 3 Continents and 3 Seas | May 8, 2013
- Another catch-up attempt: Las FallasBack to the time machine! I have given up trying to fit everything in since my mountain is only getting taller and taller, so I will just hit the highlights now! And maybe catch up here someday!
So we are Posted by dclift in Pensamientos Errabundos | May 7, 2013
- SevillaSevilla (Seville) did not start out the best. I felt feverish the night before and on the 4 hour bus ride from Granada. Sleeping on the bus unfortunately did not help and once we arrived in Italica to Posted by rae.lloydlever in España | May 7, 2013
- European Food - Spain & SwitzerlandSpain:
Whilst in Barcelona we tried several tapas dishes including Squid Ink rice, grilled salted peppers, potato croquettes, and jamon which is Spains' cured ham.
[img=http://photos. Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | May 5, 2013
- Italica[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/583156/554888792219AC681740 Posted by suziqed in Portugal and Spain 2013 | May 4, 2013
- Cordoba[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/583156 Posted by suziqed in Portugal and Spain 2013 | May 4, 2013
- Mediterranean cruiseSailing Itinerary
Date Weekday Port Arrive Depart Activity
Sep 25 Tues Suggested Travel Day*
Sep 26 Wed Barcelona, Spain 5:00 PM Departing
Sep 27 Thu Cruising the Mediterranean Crui Posted by Tamiw52 in Mediterranean cruise | May 2, 2013
- Antiquarium and Macarena District[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/583156/FEB69DD Posted by suziqed in Portugal and Spain 2013 | May 2, 2013