- ...from the coast to the Picos de EuropaWoke up to a coolish grey morning and without any further ado (i.e no breakfast) got the car which was parked in the port and set off...
....after about 1.5 hours of quick driving on Posted by marcofisher in France and Spain 2015 | Sep 27, 2015
- Arriving in SpainHi everyone!!
I finally found time to create my block! Sorry it took so long! As I have family and friends from different countries, the writing language will be English, so everybody can understand and I apologise in advance for the Posted by taniamou in Erasmus year in spain | Sep 27, 2015
- MG Owners Club Tour Mallorca 2015With the car filled to the brim with our needs for 3 weeks but looking absolutely stunning, we set off and arrived at the port with a chance to meet with friends from last year’s trip and new ones as Posted by Tony and Penny in Tony and Pennys Travels | Sep 26, 2015
- .....Heading for the Atlantic Coast.....a bit of a late start as breakfast was not served until 9AM....very nice lots of different eats to stock up on... like we need those additional calories...a few pics of the dining room where we also had dinner last Posted by marcofisher in France and Spain 2015 | Sep 26, 2015
- From Leon to Santiago de CompostellaHad a nice breakfast at the Parador...quite a few tour groups so felt a bit like mornings when we were on the tour to China. Lots of newspapers unfortunately all in Spanish, so the selection was left largely untouched.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoi Posted by marcofisher in France and Spain 2015 | Sep 25, 2015
- Bulls, Wine & TapasAfter a mediocre breakfast we got rolling asap and arrived in Pamplona by mid morning......yes another beautifull sunny and warm day.
The first order of business was to walk the route of the bull runs, the bulls stay in a Posted by marcofisher in France and Spain 2015 | Sep 22, 2015
- Back to Spain.....
After a good nights rest and a decent breakfast we are off to Lourdes, a 15 minute drive away. We arrived just after 9AM, grabbed a good parking spot close to the main entrance and are a bit Posted by marcofisher in France and Spain 2015 | Sep 20, 2015
- More BarcelonaHad to post a couple more Barcelona shots. The Boqueria Market in Barcelona is something else. Tapas, colourful fruits and juices abound. A paradise for the photographer and the palate. Of course, had to take more photos of La Sagrada Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Sep 20, 2015
- Serious High Mountain Religion ........The now smooth running machine was up bright and early, packed, breakfasted, car redezvous completed and on our way to Santa Maria de Monistrol Monserrat " the Monastery" the first stop of the day. Bright blue sky and temps were Posted by marcofisher in France and Spain 2015 | Sep 19, 2015
- Girona continued......Well after yesterdays exertions we have amended our plan and nixed Barcelona we know......how can you do that .... well we can.... so off to the Costa Brava for another glimpse of the Med, first stop the medieval town of Posted by marcofisher in France and Spain 2015 | Sep 18, 2015
- On the Road to GironaAnother beautifull morning with cast for sun and mid 20's with our stay in Collioure coming to an end.......slowly but surely we are getting used to the departure routine...bring the luggage to a predetermined spot while the other Posted by marcofisher in France and Spain 2015 | Sep 17, 2015
- Gothic & SurrealExplored the Gothic Quarter in Barcelona today - eating pastries, drinking great coffee (Melbourne, we are so ripped off price wise!) and exploring the narrow alleyways. Finished the day at La Sagrada Familia, this time from the inside. Saw Mum's Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Sep 17, 2015
- BarcelonaAfter 2 flights and a delay we finally made it to Barcelona. Our accommodation is right around the corner from La Sagrada Familia so managed to get some late afternoon light on the facade. Ate a lovely Paella for dinner. Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Sep 16, 2015
- Last day in SpainI'm over this cold - it's causing broken sleep and my nose is running like a tap.
I skated this morning again and decided that I'd just have a quiet day rather than have a day seeing sights a drive away.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/670049 Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Sep 16, 2015
- TorremolinosAwful sleep - I have a cold 😰
Breakfast with James. We are both here alone & the company is good. James is looking at apartments to buy.
I called the local kite school who said wind was forecast & sent me Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Sep 15, 2015
- TorremolinosUnsurprisingly on the Costa del Sol, it's sunny today.
Last night, I met a guy the same age as me who is Danish, but his father was Australian. He did his PhD in Sydney.
We had a most enjoyable dinner. He took Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Sep 14, 2015
- Tarifa to Torremolinos After breakfast, I went for a skate (the same path as yesterday).
It was windy early, so rather than head to Torremolinos as planned, I packed up and left the apartment and went to the beach I kited at yesterday.
The wind Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Sep 13, 2015
- Last day in TarifaPostscript to last night.
Caught up for a drink at a pub with a local guy (Paco) and my phone rang.
Unknown Spanish number. As I answered, a guy from the next table came over - it was my host (who I Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Sep 12, 2015
- HomeWell the trip has come to an end. We had our final games of tennis on Friday and a wrap up awards meal. I managed to come third out of my group of 5, not bad I think for not Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Sep 12, 2015
- Tarifa kitingAn exciting and abrupt start to my morning today.
My little apartment is one of a handful off a small common terrace. There is a door from the street to the terrace that is locked at night.
At 4.00am, someone was knocking Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Sep 11, 2015
- Tarifa and GibraltarI went for a walk around Tarifa after breakfast and walked to the southern most part of Europe.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/670049/90_05B3A76ADA2614E6EA74F334 Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Sep 9, 2015
- SpainWe arrived at Murcia airport on Thursday evening and had our transfer to La Manga resort for our week of tennis. I was a bit nervous having not actually played tennis other than a few games at school and a Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Sep 9, 2015
- More CadizToday started a bit overcast, with a shower expected.
My first foray for breakfast provided the best coffee so far. Lots of tourists in town.
[img=http://photos.trave Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Sep 7, 2015
- CadizPost script to last night - I bumped into an Australian in the square near my apartment who shares the same osteo as me!
Up early this morning, at least by Spanish standards.
A quick breakfast and then a 2.3k walk to Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Sep 6, 2015
- Onwards to SpainInstead of catching a taxi to the bus station this morning, I decided to walk the 2.2k.
The Portugese habit of paving things with stones ensured the occupants of every house I passed were woken by the sound generated by the Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Sep 5, 2015