- Barcelona and Leipzig BookfairIt's Saturday morning, 8:12 am and I'm sitting in the ICE train Leipzig to Munich. It's been a busy week: I was in Barcelona on Monday/Tuesday and then took the train to Leipzig on Thursday morning, way too early. It's Posted by AndreaLed in Andrea on the Loose | Mar 19, 2016
- Light sans heatDay 2 of exploring Barcelona began with happy dances brought on by clean, dry clothes.
Our morning saw us visiting the magnificent Basilica de la Sagrada Familia, whose construction began in 1882, and which is hoped to be complete by 2026. Posted by Ssisters in March Meanderings | Mar 17, 2016
- A shocking start to the day. Do not be alarmed. We are fine ... now.
Today's blog title refers to our thwarted attempts to wash our clothes in our AirBnB apartment here in Barcelona. We were so excited to get here and do some washing - we Posted by Ssisters in March Meanderings | Mar 17, 2016
- SevilleWe travelled from Cadiz to Sevilla by train into Sevilla Santa Just station for 16.05 Euros each for a 1:30 hr trip. Seville was mainly cold and wet
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/330645/Sevilla_-_..del_Oro_12C.jpg thumb=http://photos.traveller Posted by kforge in Kevin & Jeni 2016 - Spain & Portugal | Mar 16, 2016
- CadizWe took a Comes bus from Ronda to Cadiz (3:15 hrs for 16 Euros each). The first half of the journey through the mountains was stunning but it then turned into very boring plains. The old city of Cadiz is Posted by kforge in Kevin & Jeni 2016 - Spain & Portugal | Mar 16, 2016
- Still loving Spain-Six weeks "in"It has been a while since I have written, so where do I begin?
So often we are asked by people on both sides of the big pond, "Why Spain"? To us, it seems rather obvious, it is sunny, warm, Posted by Cowhiz in Living in and loving Spain | Mar 14, 2016
- Chapter 65: Sunny Synopsis of SevilleWe were lucky to use Pedriana's phone to secure a cheap (half of a bus ticket) ride via BlaBla Car! (Rideshare app) We even offered to pay for the full car due to our large bags (usually a problem for Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Mar 10, 2016
- INASPETTATAMENTE SANTIAGOE di nuovo Spagna per lavoro...stavolta però riesco a ritagliarmi una mezza giornata per me e per vedere un paese che mi ha sempre interessato: Santiago de Compostela!
Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Mar 6, 2016
- RondaThe cost of the 75-minute bus ride was only 6.48 Euros, I was a beautiful trip through the steep coastal mountains of the Sierra Bermeja and the Serrania de Ronda. On arrival in was sunny and, at 739 metres, cold. Posted by kforge in Kevin & Jeni 2016 - Spain & Portugal | Mar 2, 2016
- MalagaWe had provisionally booked an apartment for March in an old fisherman's cottage at Pedregalejo Beach, a few kms from Malaga City, for us and a couple of friends. We couldn't work out or find out just how big the Posted by kforge in Kevin & Jeni 2016 - Spain & Portugal | Mar 2, 2016
- In MarbellaOur arrival at Malaga Airport could have been better. We waited for about 30 minutes for our bags and then the carousel stopped. The Lost Luggage people had gone home but a friendly Iberia lady told us that, of course, Posted by kforge in Kevin & Jeni 2016 - Spain & Portugal | Feb 26, 2016
- A Day Out in CastellonThis entry is about Castellon, one of the lesser known coastal city in Spain compared to her more famous cousin Valencia. To appreciate landscape more, going on a drive along the coastal motorways either from Valencia or Barcelona is a Posted by canglingy in The Chronicles of Ling :) | Feb 20, 2016
- Barcelona===A weekend in Barcelona===
Arriving into Barcelona on a late night flight, we were met with the rain and the cold, what we had hoped we had left behind in England. Barcelona is the capital of the Catalonia region on Posted by Tiki Touring in Tiki Touring | Feb 20, 2016
- Cold frontRain was battering againt the windows when we opened the shutters this morning. Five minutes later it was blue sky, five minutes after that, rain squalls. It pretty much kept that up all day. Di and I Posted by Stittman in Europe 2016 | Feb 14, 2016
- Describing the indescribable – Our visit to the AlhambraI’m not really sure what we were expecting when we visited the Alhambra but it kind of blew our socks off. Not just the history of the place; founded as a fortress in the 9 hundreds, occupied and expanded by Posted by Stittman in Europe 2016 | Feb 14, 2016
- CoffeeOur heads and hearts were full of the ancient wonders of Alhambra Palace and our bellies full of Spanish sausage and red wine (or in Jordy’s case coke). In no particularly hurry, with no particular goal we wandered back Posted by Stittman in Europe 2016 | Feb 13, 2016
- Cadiz to GranadaDavid and Rudy from Cadiz were really great. They jumped in the car and helped me navigate the maze of one way streets back to the apartment to load up and wished us well on our way.
I love Spanish Posted by Stittman in Europe 2016 | Feb 12, 2016
- Living in and Loving SpainDear Friends,
We are back in Spain where the sun is almost always shining and the temperatures are warm....at least for John and I. It seemed like a longer trip here this year because we came into the trip tired Posted by Cowhiz in Living in and loving Spain | Feb 11, 2016
- Lots of Laughs and New friendships in ConilWhat an amazing 6 weeks. We saw amazing sunrises and sunsets. Watched the surfers riding the most incredible waves Met some fabulous people. And participated in many fun and mad events from Christmas carol singing to live panto!!! I Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Feb 10, 2016
- CaceresCaceres has a UNESCO world heritage site wall town, which it richly deserves, but this would appear to have left it a bit lifeless.
We checked into the municipal campsite which had private wet rooms on each pitch and a spa Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Feb 7, 2016
- More SierrasAfter the fantastic cultural overload of the past couple of days we headed off into the hills again and found a little aire by a lake in Penarroyo Pueblonuevo. We have great fun trying to find these places and also Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Feb 4, 2016
- CórdobaWell if anyone wants a destination for a weekend, start with Sevilla, drive 100km to Cordoba then do the Madinat Az Zahra. Make that a long weekend!
The jewel in the crown thus far has to be The Great Mosque with Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Feb 2, 2016
- SevillaWe had spent a day here with Cathy and Richard and the realised it was too big for just one day and no research done before hand.
We found the aire at the marina moderately easily, which means we only had Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Feb 2, 2016
- Hiring a campervan in Seville?
If you are asking yourself this question, you should do it already. Let me explain myself, why should I need a campervan in Seville?
Is a city where you need a transport
The Posted by TravelVanSpain in Van Hire Trip in Spain | Feb 2, 2016
- On the road againIt took us a couple of days to clean Friday and pack everything away, quite exciting too.
Monday Gary took the car back and we tried to pick up the repaired awning and new curtains, this time the workshop was Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Jan 31, 2016