- Day bus to Lisbon After segovia on Saturday, we ate at home again. That was lots of bee hoon, and AM's philipino macaroni!! Haven't had that in ages. Will make sure I cook it in Hamburg, it's an easy one pot meal. Crazy though, Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Mar 24, 2014
- El Clasico We found out on Friday night about the El Clasico match between Real Madrid and Barcelona, in Bernabeu itself while we are in Madrid! The stadium is only like ten minutes away on foot?
So on Sunday (today) afternoon, the Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Mar 23, 2014
- Sol y Luna Let me post this before I fall asleep on the spot.
Where did I last stop? I think before we left for the bus station in barca.
DB and I had two cheeseburgers each for dinner, while hungry TZ had Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Mar 22, 2014
- Tired feet Today was to be devoted to a few main things. Gaudi's Sagrada Familia and Parc Güell, and Camp Nou.
Sagrada was a simple affair because they didn't want to go in so we walked a round and took photos.
Supposed to Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Mar 20, 2014
- Stark raving mad So I couldn't wait a day to get this up, here it comes!
Our sandeman tour guide suggested and pointed out an area near the beach but not actually at the beach (touristy) where we could get some good paellas. Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Mar 19, 2014
- A new start I spent a cold night at London Gatwick with my head on my small bag and arms around my big bag. I'd managed to find a fabric-covered seat with no arm rests! But in the early morning they opened the Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Mar 18, 2014
- WHEN THE BOOTS FIND YOU.....Our disappointment at not being able to visit the town of Montserrat was short lived when we woke up to glorious sunshine, 20 degrees and no wind. After taking our time packing up the room, drinking much coffee and eating Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Feb 23, 2014
- GAUDI, BUSKERS, MARKETS AND A LITTLE MORE TAPASIt was a beautiful sunny day in Barcelona. The wind was cold so it was still necessary to wear a coat and even with that we were a little chilly on the top of the double-decker bus. We had Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Feb 22, 2014
- Cadiz, Spain20th February
The Spanish city of Cadiz, near Gibraltar, is the oldest city on the Iberian Peninsula and is very pretty with white houses and balconies filled with flowers. We both did a different tour here with Tony taking the long Posted by Tony and Penny in Tony and Pennys Travels | Feb 20, 2014
- PERHAPS A LITTLE OVER THE TAPASWell first of all, I would like to thank you all for your support on the shoe shopping. It is nice to have so many good friends encouraging in time of doubt. Sadly, I have not yet purchased any shoes Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Feb 21, 2014
- WE ARE ON TAPPAS THE WORLDOk, ok so I stole a line, unsuccessfully perhaps, from a movie (I hate Valentine’s Day) I watched last weekend where he had a restaurant called “I’m on Tapas”.
We are all settled in Barcelona. We took a 10 am flight Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Feb 20, 2014
- Las Palmas, Gran Canaria16th February 2014
As we begin our journey northwards in the direction of home we have started to encounter the weather causing all the problems in the UK. John has sent pictures of the flooding in King's Somborne and I am Posted by Tony and Penny in Tony and Pennys Travels | Feb 16, 2014
- Mallorca Given that I 'accidentally' got a job 3 days before term started, our settling in time to our new home has taken a bit longer than planned, and been a bit more tiring than planned. When I was not Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Feb 13, 2014
- 2012 D5 OCEAN PRINCESS - SEVILLE===CADIZ - ANDALUCIA - IN SPAIN===
THIS IS THE MARINA, NOT THE OCEAN PRINCESS
THE OCEAN PRINCESS HAS LEFT AFRICA BEHIND & ARRIVED IN EUROPE.
I HAVE SPENT MONTHS IN SPAIN Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Apr 16, 2012
- 2012 D3 OCEAN PRINCESS - CANARY ISLANDSAS I TOOK THIS PHOTO SO A SMUDGE STARTED TO APPEAR IN EVERY PHOTO. I HAVE TRIED TO ZOOM & CROP AROUND IT BUT YOU WILL SEE IT SOMETIMES.
SOMETHING ON THE SENSOR - NEVER DID GO AWAY, SO I Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Apr 16, 2012
- SPAIN Part Cuatro
Our final warm destination in our six month long adventure chasing summer was Spain’s beautiful Basque Country. We only had time to experience two towns so we chose Bilbao for its culture Posted by andrewemma in Let's Go Get Lost | Jan 27, 2014
- First ImpressionSince I arrived a day early, I’ve had the opportunity to wander around Sevilla by myself. Departing at 10:30am (had to sleep in after 30 hours of travel) - I roamed the beautiful calles of Sevilla for hours, loving Posted by Abi'sAdventures in Nomadic Notes | Jan 7, 2014
- 2009 A9 NCL GEM - TRANSATLANTIC - BARCELONA - THE ENDCOMING TO THE END OF THE CRUISE NOW.. JUST CANNES & BARCELONA TO GO.
I WAS TEMPTED TO NOT EVEN GET OFF THE BOAT IN CANNES.
IN THE END I JUST TOOK A FEW SNAPS INTHE HARBOUR & WENT ASHORE FOR A Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 10, 2013
- 2009 A5 NCL GEM - TRANSATLANTIC - THE ALHAMBRA===GRENADA & THE ALHAMBRA===
I LIVED IN SPAIN FOR A FEW MONTHS DOING BAR WORK ETC. BUT NEVER WENT TO THE ALHAMBRA.
GOING TO RECTIFY THAT NOW.
LOTS OF PHOTOS. TOO MAY PROBABLY, BUT YOU TRY & PICK JUST A FEW. IT'S VERY Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 10, 2013
- 2009 A4 NCL GEM - TRANSATLANTIC - CADIZOVERNIGHT, WE TRAVELLED SOUTH & TODAY ARE DOCKED IN CADIZ.
THE EXCURSION TAKES US INLAND TO ARCOS DE LA FRONTERA. ONE OF THE WHITE HILL VILLAGES OF SOUTHERN SPAIN & A STOP AT A SHERRY MAKING PLACE IN JEREZ. Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 10, 2013
- Hello Palma!!! So Palma de Mallorca.... It absolutely one of my favorite places yet on this planet. Having travelled the world for the past 8 years, I made my way to Palma early last year, and not having any expectations of Posted by Petrena in A winter in Palma:) | Dec 28, 2013
- Barcelona, 2009"Barthhhhelllona!" beamed the voice of captain Bob Bain (yes, we remember the name...) as the plane descended into the Catalan capital! This was the first (major) trip that Sabrina and I took together and it was one of Posted by osmanandsabrina in Osman & Sabrina's Adventures | Dec 21, 2013
Just a quick note to let you know how we're going. I'll try to get back on here later and upload some photos and give some more details.
We spent 4 nights in Ireland (2 in Dublin, 2 in Cork) which Posted by NickandJo in Nick and Jo Europe 2013 | Dec 18, 2013
- going home"Es un principio básico del Derecho Penal que no se puede imputar ni castigar a nadie por lo que es, sino por lo que ha hecho“, ha subrayado este martes el fiscal anticorrupción Pedro Horrach, en un nuevo escrito contra Posted by hebbo in Hebbo goes RTW | Dec 17, 2013
- SPAIN Part Tres
After the amazing experience of Granada, we were excited to be heading to the capital of the south, Sevilla! We had heard Seville is one of the hottest places in Spain but the allure of Posted by andrewemma in Let's Go Get Lost | Dec 10, 2013