- The Final Leg of España===Seville===
We left La Linea early and headed north towards Seville to see the Royal Palace, Real Alcazar.
The journey took about 2 hours by car but we stopped off for a typical Spanish road side breakfast. The place was lively Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | Aug 20, 2016
- Barcelona againGot up way too early and were very reluctantly off the ship by 8.15. Caught a taxi with Helen and Wendy to our accommodation in Barcelona. It's very modern but really has no customer service at all. There are no Posted by YolandeElliott in Gav's and Yolande's Excellent Adventure | Aug 19, 2016
- Last sea dayToday was our last sea day and tonight will be our last night on board. We spent it doing the usual sea day stuff but added some medals to the family collection. Gav won gold in the Baggo competition and Posted by YolandeElliott in Gav's and Yolande's Excellent Adventure | Aug 19, 2016
- Setting sailAfter little sleep cos I was pretty excited, we got up at 8 and had breaky, finished packing and sat around for awhile. Gav and I had decided to walk to the ship so we set off at about 9:50. Posted by YolandeElliott in Gav's and Yolande's Excellent Adventure | Aug 19, 2016
- Viduržemiai. Lokys Gauruočius Barlis
Tai va, kaip ir buvau minėjęs - jachtos Billabong įgula pasipildė dar vienu nuolatiniu nariu. Šuo Barley, arba Barlis, kaip trumpa forma nuo Bob Marley. Posted by gramas in MENKĖ PO LOVA | Aug 19, 2016
- The VolcanoAs we were planning to leave by 9:30, we rose at 8:30. However, with ten people to ready themselves, have breakfast and pack a lunch for the day, it was far past ten before we actually left. And, of course, Posted by mzemliak in Parlez-vous Français? | Aug 17, 2016
- InsightsIt seems we are alternating each excursion day with a 'stay at home' day. Just as well as I find I need the down time. In fact, this morning, I really felt I needed to be alone in a quiet Posted by mzemliak in Parlez-vous Français? | Aug 16, 2016
- Seville to Lisbon - Sunday, 17 July 2016Hotel - Intercontinental Hotel Lisbon, Rua Castilho 149, Lisbon - Room 1014
The Poet's Wife by Rebecca Stonehill was a book I read about a sherry making family before I left home. It was fiction but certainly set the scene Posted by gaddingabout in Iberian Splendours | Aug 15, 2016
- La LagunaI just can't seem to get enough sleep, again rising after 10. Granted, we had a late night, crawling into bed at 1 AM. When my head hits the pillow, I don't immediately fall asleep but lay there with a Posted by mzemliak in Parlez-vous Français? | Aug 15, 2016
- Joyeux AnniversaireI can't believe I slept for ten hours; this constant translating must really be tiring me out. And today, of all days when they were asking me to make pancakes! However, I still woke earlier than the youth so no Posted by mzemliak in Parlez-vous Français? | Aug 14, 2016
- La Vide Del PuebloWe have arrived in Casabermeja. Where is Casabermeja and why go there you ask?
Well, the specification was: find a small traditional village in the South of Spain, away from tourists Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | Aug 13, 2016
- What Kind of Hunter Was That?The morning devoted to sleep and housework, we each made our separate plans for a few hours afterwards. I did some blog work and a bit of studying. After that, the kids taught me how to play Tarot, a very Posted by mzemliak in Parlez-vous Français? | Aug 11, 2016
- Madrid - Saturday, 23 July 2016Hotel - Hotel Villareal, Plaza de las Cortes, 10 Madrid - Room 501
Our tour of Spain and Portugal officially ended yesterday but we have decided to stay one more day in Madrid before we commence our Moroccan adventure by flying Posted by gaddingabout in Iberian Splendours | Aug 10, 2016
- Not Just Whistling DixieTuesday, August 9, 2016
We arose at 6 AM, piling in the two cars by 6:45 to drive to a nearby town for our excursion. I must tell you a bit about what it is like to be in a car Posted by mzemliak in Parlez-vous Français? | Aug 10, 2016
- This and ThatYesterday, after a leisurely breakfast, and before a leisurely lunch, we slowed down (even more) by going to the pool in the complex. It was good to get in the cool water as it has been very warm here, in Posted by mzemliak in Parlez-vous Français? | Aug 9, 2016
- A Hard Day of TravelFriday found us in earnest preparation for our trip to the Canary Islands. The family had planned the vacation back in April and invited me to come along so how could I refuse? The first order of the day was Posted by mzemliak in Parlez-vous Français? | Aug 8, 2016
- Real Madrid - Nos encanta España!The weather is HOT and we don't have air conditioning so trying to stay cool is a challenge - which we happily meet. We have AWESOME bars, restaurants and yummy food on our door step.
Venturing out for Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | Aug 6, 2016
- Barcelona 2Today we had an easier day. We did the other 2 HOHO bus routes after a big sleep in.
The exciting thing that happened today was that we got detained by the police! We were lined up for the HOHO bus Posted by YolandeElliott in Gav's and Yolande's Excellent Adventure | Aug 5, 2016
- Day 9: Many Views from Toledo!This trip is starting to wane away. Not that I really mind, as I have so much work including academic work and [[http://scoutsomerville.com/aeronaut-allston/|my killer summer producing project]] I look forward to launching back into. But by Day 9 of a Posted by coolmcjazz in coolmcjourneys | Aug 5, 2016
- BarcelonaWe got up at 5:50 to catch an airport bus. Of course the Vueling flight was delayed. For an hour. We got into Barcelona with our luggage and found the right buses to get to the apartment. The timing was Posted by YolandeElliott in Gav's and Yolande's Excellent Adventure | Aug 5, 2016
- Bienvenidos a Barcelona: Gaudi, Picasso and Ramblin' OnJen and I have always wanted to visit España, especially to have a chance to hablar Espanol, even though its been a while since our lessons.
Renowned for its architecture, unique Cata Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | Aug 5, 2016
- Day 8: A Garden of Madridian Delights!If Day 7 was a day to see lots of ART, Day 8 would be a day to see… EVEN MORE ART! There are two works in particular I’d not easily forgive myself for missing given the effort it took Posted by coolmcjazz in coolmcjourneys | Aug 4, 2016
- GranadaOur one day in Granada was spent well. We got up early and were hiking our way up the hill to get our tickets before 7.30. It was really cool and peaceful. We spent about 4 and a half hours Posted by YolandeElliott in Gav's and Yolande's Excellent Adventure | Aug 3, 2016
- Cordoba to Ronda - Thursday, 14 July 2016Hotel - Parador, Plaza de Espana, Ronda - Room 111 - hotel in a stunning location overlooking the gorge. In fact, dangling over the edge.
When we went to breakfast this morning, there were Roman ruins under our breakfast Posted by gaddingabout in Iberian Splendours | Aug 3, 2016
- Day 7: El Prado y mucho mas!My first morning on the continent begins late; I fear this is becoming a steady refrain, though at least I have staying up late to [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnXiy4D_I8g|watch history being made]] at the DNC as a reasonable excuse. By 1pm or so Posted by coolmcjazz in coolmcjourneys | Aug 3, 2016