- April 22April 22
Our adventure took us to Seville, Spain, the third largest city in Spain and very beautiful. We took a river boat tour, visited the Jewish Quarter and toured the world’s largest cathedral. Would love to come back Posted by mccarthytravel in Ireland & United Kingdom | Apr 28, 2016
- Euro Travels on Back-OrderHello again world!
Since I last wrote you, a month has passed and I’ve been busy at work work work work work … traveling and catching up with friends old and new. Additionally, due to some procrastination in writing it, the Posted by dgatoraded in Intercambios En Madrid - Winter 2016 | Apr 26, 2016
- From España to England
Our Friday morning challenge was The Metro - after some careful research from Simon, it wasn't so hard. We found our way to La Rambla with time for a proper breakfast (muesli and yoghurt in a cocktail glass, plus Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Apr 24, 2016
- Life is Good in BarcelonaMy most recent trip to Barcelona came and went quickly. Just like the entire semester, it came upon me in the midst of so much else (other trips, work, studying) and then all of a sudden it was over. My Posted by jbolt in New Opportunities | Apr 23, 2016
- 6 Months in IberiaThis is obviously the longest we have both spent away from the UK, though we did pop back for the Wales game.
Spain proved to be full of towns and cities that we really enjoyed and were educated by. The full Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Apr 23, 2016
- Getting our Gaudi onWe woke up to rain on Thursday morning, not just drizzle or mist but actual rain. And we were booked into the Casa-Museu Gaudi and 11am, so off into the rain we set. It was a decent walk Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Apr 22, 2016
- The Great Taxi Triumph of 2016When we last checked in, we were about to pack our bags and book a taxi to the airport. Spoiler alert - we made it to Barcelona. But what fun we had along the way!
Firstly we played the Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Apr 20, 2016
- The Basque CountryOne of the things I forgot to mention was the Alpine nature of the Basque region, sloping chalet style buildings, snow signs and mountain villages. Lovely drive again but I was expecting something flatter nearer the sea.
I was also expecting Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Apr 20, 2016
- The queues of SevillaWe farewelled Cordoba on Sunday morning after a cheap and cheerful breakfast, and then proceeded to run into Kim and Graham (again!) at the bus station. They set off for Granada, while we journeyed to Sevilla, accompanied by the Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Apr 19, 2016
- Adios CordobaMonday's walk was a postcard. Absolutely the only way to describe it. The views of Trevelez as we climbed the mountain away from it got increasingly impressive, and were accompanied by the now familiar sound of cow bells Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Apr 16, 2016
- 42. From the continent of Africa to the continent of EuropeThis was an exciting part of our journey. After 9 months of traveling, not only are we taking our first ferry but it is also the first one that spans continents. Many might not know but the strait of Gibraltar Posted by mm_lukes in and so the adventure begins ... | Apr 14, 2016
- La Rioja was asleepHaro is the centre of La Rioja and we haven't yet re-adjusted to the Spanish siesta, we arrived and the town was shut. Undeterred, we investigated the town and sampled a Crianza or two, obviously just sheltering from a bit Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Apr 13, 2016
- 10 000 MilesFriday clocked up 10 000 miles on the way to Burgos going over Sierra de Guadarrama where the stone for most of the monuments in Segovia comes from. Again a very pretty drive with snow still on the peaks and Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Apr 11, 2016
- SegoviaI have now stopped trying to compare anywhere or anything we see to another place because we have just spent another exhausting day in Segovia. This, I am sure, will please all of our friends who are still reading our Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Apr 11, 2016
- On to SalamancaJacqui spotted baby geese the next morning in Badajoz as we walked across the medieval bridge into the city. Evidently the bridge was only closed to traffic in 2003, those medieval bridge designers obviously allowed for a lot of extra Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Apr 11, 2016
- Simon el JamonI don't know that I will ever be able to drag Simon away from Spain. He was in his happy place all weekend.
It started on Friday morning, with ham and cheese and tomato on offer at breakfast. (Me? Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Apr 10, 2016
- Capering around CapileiraDesayuno - my favourite meal of the day. This morning we were offered a million options in rapid fire Spanish so we just listened for words we knew and repeated those. I had tè con leche - which Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Apr 7, 2016
- El hombre verde caminaMonday morning presented us with breakfast, which I was more excited about than usual, on account of the minimal dinner that had occurred the night before. The trip to Leeds should have been a 2 hour trip on the Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Apr 6, 2016
- Minions succeededMore at the Plaza de Espanya and park:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/634262/44E Posted by Ssisters in March Meanderings | Mar 22, 2016
- MalagaNerja to Malaga by bus - 1 hr for 5 Euros. We met up with Steve and Carole at a lovely apartment just on the edge of the historic district. Malaga is a great city these days - lots of Posted by kforge in Kevin & Jeni 2016 - Spain & Portugal | Mar 22, 2016
- NerjaGranada to Nerja by bus - 1:50 hrs for 13 Euros. Nerja on the Costa Tropical was a real surprise; a pleasant one. The coast is rugged, the mountains are close and Nerja has several small swimming bays. And, the Posted by kforge in Kevin & Jeni 2016 - Spain & Portugal | Mar 22, 2016
- Olive Sunday???Today we had a slower start - in part because it was Sunday, and in part because it was raining and thus we did not feel inspired to go out...
By the time we did leave the rain had almost stopped, Posted by Ssisters in March Meanderings | Mar 21, 2016
- A Monumental DayEven though there had been a forecast of rain, we were excited to set out today and see blue sky. We headed off early - on advice from our AirBnB host - to the Alcazar, a site we had heard Posted by Ssisters in March Meanderings | Mar 22, 2016
- GranadaWe had a very comfortable 5:30 hr ALSA bus trip from Madrid to Granada
[img=http://photos.travell Posted by kforge in Kevin & Jeni 2016 - Spain & Portugal | Mar 20, 2016
- MadridWe had a good flight from Lisbon to Madrid and then a fixed-price 30-Euro taxi ride into the centre of Madrid to visit our friends Rob and Asun and their two daughters Ines and Alicia. Very, very cold!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/330645/ Posted by kforge in Kevin & Jeni 2016 - Spain & Portugal | Mar 20, 2016