- Medieval Art
Some of the more interesting pieces that I saw when I went to the art museum in Barcelona. The building was really cool too! Posted by tcanderson in Alabama Engineering in Europe | Jun 19, 2015
The Sagrada Familia was one of the coolest buildings I have ever seen! Here are pictures of the outside, and the ceiling. The Posted by tcanderson in Alabama Engineering in Europe | Jun 19, 2015
- Cadaques22/5/15. Long drive from Logrono to Cadaques ahead of us. Estimate it will take 7 hours overall (I was right). Since I put the plan together we have changed things a bit. We were going to stop over in Zaragossa Posted by aireland in Mid Life Gap | Jun 19, 2015
- DAY 45 - Sunday 14th June – Avinyonet del Penedes toWell that's one motorhome making an early start I hear...at 6.30am! So I'm up and decide upon an early one myself as Barcelona is one city I want to spend my time exploring.
Heading on in all that was in my Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Jun 19, 2015
- DAY 44 - Saturday 13th June – Valenica to Stiges toJust got the 3 bites in the night it seems so I'm trying not to scratch the red blobs now...but it's sooo tempting! Quick breakfast, washed up with a refill of drinking water and we were off, TomTom take us Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Jun 19, 2015
- While here I've...Here in Castellar, I have been more of a tourist than any other place before. How do I feel about this? Uneasy. How do I handle it? Easy, like any place else I start living the cluture.
The other day I Posted by WorldRun in The Great Travel Race | Jun 19, 2015
- A Sunny Sunday at MadridHave you ever been in Madrid?
Having a bad-weather day is pretty rare in Madrid. Instead of suffering a hangover at home alone or preparing and waiting for the working week, enjoying every moment of the weekend like a true Madridelene Posted by mk.magloire in Mkmag blog and travel experience | Jun 18, 2015
- Periana, we shall miss youWhat a great experience to have lived in the mountain village of Periana. We enjoyed dining at some of the many restaurants in the town and surrounding districts. The food was great. We learnt that sangria packs a Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jun 18, 2015
- Rioja17 May. Drove from Salamanca to Logrono (capital of the Rioja Wine Region).
Had arranged to meet Ana at 5pm at flat so we had a bit of time to kill. We arrived at Logrono had a quick coffee and then Posted by aireland in Mid Life Gap | Jun 18, 2015
- Let's Visit Salvador Dali's HomeSalvador Dali has always been an intriguing artist to me. Growing up, I remember him being somewhat scary and his artwork perplexing and disconcerting. As I evolved into an artist myself, I came to appreciate what he was Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | Jun 16, 2015
- DAY 43 - Friday 12th June – Javea to ValenicaWeather update - hot and clear skies around the pool, but soon moved on when it turned overcast.
Now you would have thought I would have slept brilliantly in a double bed and I would have except for one thing....I was Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Jun 16, 2015
- DAY 42 - Thursday 11th June - Benidorm to Denia to JaveaWeather update - well it's only gone and become overcast. Humid with droplets of rain in morning.
Even though this is a main road I've parked up on to sleep there's hardly any traffic at all in the mornings here. Practically Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Jun 16, 2015
- BarcelonaThis past weekend we had four days off so we decided to go to Barcelona. It wouldn't be right for a bunch of engineering students (or anyone really) to go to Barcelona without seeing the Sagrada Familia, and so we Posted by esconnell in Alabama Engineering in Europe | Jun 15, 2015
- Day trip to NerjaWe visited the holiday resort of Nerja, 30 minutes drive from Periana. This resort is popular with British tourists. Apparently not as popular as it once was according to a local paper. They are worried that people Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jun 15, 2015
- Game of Hide and Seek
I awoke this morning in Cadeques thinking about my childhood. I don't know why exactly. Perhaps it was the sliver of morning light that stole into our 2nd story hotel room Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | Jun 15, 2015
- GranadaHusband has been driving so much - 1400 kilometers so far! Although Granada is only two hours from Cartajima, we decided to take the train to the famed city. The train station is, like most of the Spain Posted by Restless Mama in From the Alentejo to Andalucia | Jun 14, 2015
- RondaRonda is a fantastic little city - there's so much going in but there's very little traffic and plenty of good parking. We drive right into the city center on the Mercadillo side and parked for 8 euro in Posted by Restless Mama in From the Alentejo to Andalucia | Jun 14, 2015
- Zahara Our first full day in Spain and we explored the mountain towns. Cartajima, where we are, is a tiny little town, with a one room market on a side street run by a sweet old lady who gives Posted by Restless Mama in From the Alentejo to Andalucia | Jun 14, 2015
- Our mountain village, PerianaPeriana is tucked away up in the mountains. It is inland from Malaga. It amazes me how far up some of the hills and mountains, villages and homes are around here and other places in Spain. A Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jun 13, 2015
- Granada city After returning from Alhambra we had a siesta. In the afternoon we wandered around and walked through a shop to find another shop at the back with yummy cake. Had to treat myself for my birthday. Nice coffee Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jun 13, 2015
- Alhambra,, Andalusia, SpainThis was a booked trip organised before we left New Zealand. We sat in the lobby before the appointed time awaiting pickup which was in Spanish Time, later than stated. Meanwhile got a happy birthday phone call from Sharleen, Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jun 13, 2015
- DAY 41 - Wednesday 10th June - Benidorm So upon wake up I check the washing hanging around me (making it smell extra fresh mind you) and it’s back to the dryer I go as it was still as damp, so money to be forked out for another Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Jun 12, 2015
- DAY 40 - Tuesday 9th June - San Juan de los Terreros toSo my wake up call this morning wasn't a horn blaring, music blasting or noisy motorhomers crunching their way through breakfast but a knock on the window. 'There's somebody at the door, oh there's somebody at the door'. I'm hoping Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Jun 12, 2015
- Energy Conservation in BarcelonaSince we are staying in an apartment for this trip, we get more of a first hand experience for how people live over here in Spain. Barcelona is a much bigger city than Pamplona and has significantly more people. There Posted by tcanderson in Alabama Engineering in Europe | Jun 11, 2015
- Granada for two daysMy blogs are a little behind I will do a Periana catchup blog soon. This blog is up to date. Before we left home we booked two nights in central Granada. We left Periana yesterday for the Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jun 10, 2015