- Day 129 - Carcassone, Vilanova i la GeltruToday we go to Spain!
We did our usual pack up with everyone pitching in as usual and hit the road. We are driving to Barcelona today via Carcassone. The views along the way are really nice being able to see Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Oct 15, 2014
- Settling In, Part Deux or Dos or Zwei if You PreferWhy hello there,
Although this isn't another flashy and exciting blog entry about sleeping on airport chairs, this week I thought I would mix it up and delve into the "study" half of study abroad to give you a little Posted by TrixiStella in Don't Worry, I'm Just Panicking | Oct 13, 2014
- Casa Mila - the magical rooftop!
One may ask what so different about the rooftop in Casa Mila. The average tourist may think it’s just another one of many Gaudi’s building in Barcelona with steep entrance ticket, priced Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Oct 13, 2014
- Blog noteHi all
Hopeless internet here in Barcelona. Not able to upload photos. Will catch up on the blog in Valencia in 3 or 4 days time unless it improves somehow :)
Adios for now!
Ro, Tori & clan Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Oct 11, 2014
- Boot CampVivian is concerned that we might have painted too rosy of a picture that fails to demonstrate the rigor and duress, both mental and physical, of the Camino. She says that this trip is "boot camp," not a 'romantic' vacation. Posted by CraigVivian in Craig & Vivian Walk the Camino | Oct 11, 2014
- Bilbao (pronounced Bil-bough)Look, today was pretty amazing and I have to admit that Bilbao is very pretty. We got up at something like half past eight and got ready to go because Bilbao was 200 k's away. It was very boring in Posted by SamSueEurope in Wait for me - long walks with short legs | Oct 11, 2014
- Ribadesella This is the place I have chosen to chill out for a few days before returning to the UK. It is a Coastal resort in Northern Spain. Also a fishing village, it feels similar to the resorts we have in Posted by Laurence.m54 in Spain. On a motorbike. | Oct 11, 2014
- Cala de sa CalobraI have managed to put together the short clips Penny shot holding her camera above the windshield on one of the roads in Mallorca. There is sound on the video. I hope you manage to get this OK
Posted by Tony and Penny in Tony and Pennys Travels | Oct 11, 2014
- Bilbao and the Guggenheim MuseumYou may have already read the kids' blogs about our day trip to the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao during our stay in Porrua (near Llanes in northern Spain). If you haven't, then perhaps have a read after this (same password):
Ben Posted by SamSueEurope in Keep up - an Australian family odyssey | Oct 10, 2014
- La Sagrada Familia - History 'Under Construction'
If you Google for the 'new seven wonder of the world', your list will include:
Great wall of China in China, Taj Mahal in India, Petra in Jordan, Colosseum in Italy, Chichen Izta in Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Oct 8, 2014
- Roadtripping through Southern Spain (Part 2)Last post I described the planning progress of this week-long roadtrip. We had booked a rather cheap rental car through www.billiger-mietwagen.de, ending up at a local provider with name "Goldcar". I have to underline right from the beginning, that the Posted by fuechsken in A Travel Bug's Tales | Oct 7, 2014
- GuadalupeNoticeably colder than Gib this morning. I suppose you get used to the heat there, even though it is oppressive.
Quite a cool ride out of Aracena toward Guadalupe, but at least it was bright, clear and dry. The only slight Posted by Laurence.m54 in Spain. On a motorbike. | Oct 7, 2014
- La peregrina, VivianHere are 3 photos of Vivian. While she has taken the vast majority of the photos, I can manage to point and shoot our camera. Here is a photo of her in the narrow medieval streets of St. Jean Pied Posted by CraigVivian in Craig & Vivian Walk the Camino | Oct 7, 2014
- La Entrada a PamplonaPamplona is best known for the encierro, or the running of the bulls during the Festival of San Fermin each July 6-14 when 1,000,000 descend on it. Las fiestas de San Fermin fechan desde 1215. The encierro was first brought Posted by CraigVivian in Craig & Vivian Walk the Camino | Oct 7, 2014
- Fin Del CaminoNot everyone makes the complete journey to Santiago de Compostela. Some journeys are truncated by injury and even death. Here is a cross we encountered leaving Zubiri on our second day in Spain dedicated to Rosanna di Verona. On our Posted by CraigVivian in Craig & Vivian Walk the Camino | Oct 7, 2014
- The Route de NapoleonIn early 1808, Napoleon moved 200,000 troops in stages into Spain and Portugal eventually causing the abdication of the Spanish King, Charles IV. Napoleon then installed his brother, Joseph (nicknamed by the Spaniards disrespectfully as Pepe Botella) as K Posted by CraigVivian in Craig & Vivian Walk the Camino | Oct 7, 2014
- Professor Higgins Was WrongIn the 1964 musical, "My Fair Lady," Professor Henry Higgins teaching Eliza Doolittle elocution and diction famously said, "the rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain." On our first morning in Spain leaving the mountain pass town of Posted by CraigVivian in Craig & Vivian Walk the Camino | Oct 7, 2014
- To The Little ShadowsA fierce heart and a stunning mind with a laugh that sounds like all of the good things this world has to offer, Beth Barrie is the kind of woman you want on your team.
She leads with a passion Posted by mirandabarrie in To Sail, Not Drift | Oct 7, 2014
- Gibraltar to AracenaI had mixed feelings this morning, about leaving Gibraltar. I did see a lot of it while I was there, but no way could I have seen all of it, in just a day and a half. It is a Posted by Laurence.m54 in Spain. On a motorbike. | Oct 6, 2014
- Mallorca 2013[img=http://photos. Posted by C's Adventures in Photos and memories | Oct 6, 2014
- Bringing Holly home.
Having retired after 25 years running a wholesale drinks company in Spain, Susan and I decided it was time to travel and see as much as we possible could on four wheels. In the 70 Posted by The Spelmans in The Spelmans Great Adventures | Oct 6, 2014
- Backpacking in Espana!
My first trip to Europe, we decided to go to Spain – not my choice but my husband’s, who has been to Europe before and feels that Barcelona is the best city in Europe and he wanted Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Oct 6, 2014
- From Granada to CasabermejaThis part of my journey was all about visiting my cousin Helen, and her family, who are living the dream, in a restored farmhouse some 20km from Malaga. The restoration is an ongoing project, but the difference in what the Posted by Laurence.m54 in Spain. On a motorbike. | Oct 4, 2014
- Planes, Delays, and Automobiles Hello Everybody,
First off, sorry for the long hiatus! I am still alive and well. Don't worry! As for the reason for my long absence: I went on a trip last weekend to Bilbao and Barcelona and didn't get back Posted by TrixiStella in Don't Worry, I'm Just Panicking | Oct 4, 2014
We've just spent the last 5 days in Barcelona, Spain. Barcelona is an amazing mix of traditional and new, both in style, architecture and in cuisine. It has trendy modern shops, organic fo Posted by tylerandshawna in Tyler and Shawna's Great Adventure | Oct 4, 2014