- BarcelonaThis past weekend we had four days off so we decided to go to Barcelona. It wouldn't be right for a bunch of engineering students (or anyone really) to go to Barcelona without seeing the Sagrada Familia, and so we Posted by esconnell in Alabama Engineering in Europe | Jun 15, 2015
- Day trip to NerjaWe visited the holiday resort of Nerja, 30 minutes drive from Periana. This resort is popular with British tourists. Apparently not as popular as it once was according to a local paper. They are worried that people Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jun 15, 2015
- Game of Hide and Seek
I awoke this morning in Cadeques thinking about my childhood. I don't know why exactly. Perhaps it was the sliver of morning light that stole into our 2nd story hotel room Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | Jun 15, 2015
- GranadaHusband has been driving so much - 1400 kilometers so far! Although Granada is only two hours from Cartajima, we decided to take the train to the famed city. The train station is, like most of the Spain Posted by Restless Mama in From the Alentejo to Andalucia | Jun 14, 2015
- RondaRonda is a fantastic little city - there's so much going in but there's very little traffic and plenty of good parking. We drive right into the city center on the Mercadillo side and parked for 8 euro in Posted by Restless Mama in From the Alentejo to Andalucia | Jun 14, 2015
- Zahara Our first full day in Spain and we explored the mountain towns. Cartajima, where we are, is a tiny little town, with a one room market on a side street run by a sweet old lady who gives Posted by Restless Mama in From the Alentejo to Andalucia | Jun 14, 2015
- Our mountain village, PerianaPeriana is tucked away up in the mountains. It is inland from Malaga. It amazes me how far up some of the hills and mountains, villages and homes are around here and other places in Spain. A Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jun 13, 2015
- Granada city After returning from Alhambra we had a siesta. In the afternoon we wandered around and walked through a shop to find another shop at the back with yummy cake. Had to treat myself for my birthday. Nice coffee Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jun 13, 2015
- Alhambra,, Andalusia, SpainThis was a booked trip organised before we left New Zealand. We sat in the lobby before the appointed time awaiting pickup which was in Spanish Time, later than stated. Meanwhile got a happy birthday phone call from Sharleen, Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jun 13, 2015
- DAY 41 - Wednesday 10th June - Benidorm So upon wake up I check the washing hanging around me (making it smell extra fresh mind you) and it’s back to the dryer I go as it was still as damp, so money to be forked out for another Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Jun 12, 2015
- DAY 40 - Tuesday 9th June - San Juan de los Terreros toSo my wake up call this morning wasn't a horn blaring, music blasting or noisy motorhomers crunching their way through breakfast but a knock on the window. 'There's somebody at the door, oh there's somebody at the door'. I'm hoping Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Jun 12, 2015
- Energy Conservation in BarcelonaSince we are staying in an apartment for this trip, we get more of a first hand experience for how people live over here in Spain. Barcelona is a much bigger city than Pamplona and has significantly more people. There Posted by tcanderson in Alabama Engineering in Europe | Jun 11, 2015
- Granada for two daysMy blogs are a little behind I will do a Periana catchup blog soon. This blog is up to date. Before we left home we booked two nights in central Granada. We left Periana yesterday for the Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jun 10, 2015
- DAY 39 - Monday 8th June - La Isleta to San Juan de losYep these two villages weren't on my list to see but these are the kind of places to rest your head and view the stunning scenery of the waves coming into shore from the van. It's hidden, not a tourist Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Jun 9, 2015
- What's a vegetarian?First, let me set the stage. So, being a vegetarian in a country is difficult when you don't have an extremely firm grasp on the language. The first thing I made sure I knew when I arrived in Spain, though, Posted by emmaclements in Alabama Engineering in Europe | Jun 9, 2015
- DAY 38 - Sunday 7th June - Almerimar to Almeria to La IsletaWell I woke up, hmmm thinking about it now did I ever get to sleep to wake up. 7am the music stopped in my head, 7am the music stopped in one of the bars on the harbour. That's 7am after Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Jun 9, 2015
- Who is she?Language isn't always the only barrier between people of different countries. Each country and region has its own way of saying things, so even if you understand the literal translation the meaning can still be lost. For example, the other Posted by esconnell in Alabama Engineering in Europe | Jun 9, 2015
- DAY 37 - Saturday 6th June - Granada to AlmerimarAnother quiet night of sleep, this time up in the mountains. This morning is going to be a lazy one before heading off to Granada and so breakfast to prepare first. Well I have my usual, bowl of dry cornflakes Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Jun 9, 2015
- "Love Home Swap" Periana, SpainWe retrieved our car from its lock up place behind our hotel in Malaga and headed for the Country. Geoff was concentrating on driving on the right hand side of the road. The countryside is so different to Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jun 9, 2015
- Malaga, SpainWith some euros cashed up it was time to explore Malaga. With a map of the best places to go supplied by the hotel we were off. We soon found ourselves in the maze of alley ways with Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jun 8, 2015
- Day 3 Sailing on Mira* It was easy to get up early for the sailing trip since I never slept.
* I was buzzed all night by a mosquito.
* I kept hiding my head under the sheet only coming out once in awhile for air.
* Posted by sherrietravels in Mallorca, Majorca or Whatever | Jun 8, 2015
- Malaga Accomodation We were very pleased with our hotel in Malaga, it was very luxurious, so much room. Pity we were only there one night. There was a swimming pool at the top of the hotel, where the British holiday Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jun 8, 2015
- French Beaches I have a love/hate relationship with going to the beach. This past weekend we were able to go up to Biarritz, France and visit the beaches there. The town is know as a tourist town with some of the best Posted by JohnConnor in Alabama Engineering in Europe | Jun 8, 2015
- Salamanca15/5/15 Left Porto to make our way over to the Rioja region is Spain (there appears to be a theme here - Ed!) via Salamanca.
The great thing about the journey is that much of it follows the Douro so we Posted by aireland in Mid Life Gap | Jun 8, 2015
- Madrid, Spain My trip is winding down to a close as i am just starting the penultimate destination. The flight from Lisbon to Madrid was a short one, only 651km with a flight time of 1 hour and 15 minutes. The price Posted by Adam46 in Dream Trip | Jun 8, 2015