- GranadaThe last few days have been spent at Janine's villa in San Miguel just resting & getting my breath back before continuing with this marathon trip. The best part of this rest, was the trip to Torrevieja to feast on Posted by Laurence.m54 in Spain. On a motorbike. | Oct 1, 2014
- Puerto de las Nieves, Gran CanariaThe trip from Puerto de la Cruz to Gran Canaria was a relatively straightforward one..taxi back to santa Cruz along it's jammed dual carriageway motorway...I would so love to know where everyone is going in the island, as no matter Posted by louisebenn in my own little vuelta de espana | Sep 30, 2014
- Puerto de la Cruz, TenerifeThe arrangements to meet Mr Fresh legs were in theory relatively straight forward..he'd head northwards on the west coast and I would cross from East to west and we'd meet at Tejine. I had the shorter distance, just 20km and Posted by louisebenn in my own little vuelta de espana | Sep 29, 2014
- La ManchaAfter a pretty good nights sleep, despite the clock tower trying its hardest to keep me awake, a continental breakfast and away I go.
Today's destination will be Cuenca, in Valencia. Noticeably hotter and drier today than it previously has been Posted by Laurence.m54 in Spain. On a motorbike. | Sep 26, 2014
- Leaving the MountainsYesterday I left the cool heights of the Pyrenees (only 6 degrees!) and took the scenic route down and towards the south. I could feel the change in climate more or less straight away, getting much warmer with every Posted by Laurence.m54 in Spain. On a motorbike. | Sep 26, 2014
- What Happens in IBIZA Stays in IBIZA!Beautiful beaches, warm, crystal clear water, an awe inspiring Castle, cute side streets, gorgeous yachts anchored at port, amazing food (especially the paella), 28 degree weather each and everyday. But there is one reason in particular, one ventures to Posted by BlondeandCurly in Blonde&Curly Adventures | Sep 25, 2014
- ArgomanizFor half the group this was departure day as they are sailing tonight from Santander to Plymouth. We and another four couples had booked an extra night and sail from Bilboa to Portsmouth tomorrow. We waved off the others with Posted by Tony and Penny in Tony and Pennys Travels | Sep 24, 2014
- Arties to ArgomanizUp at 6:30am, in the dark with a flashlight, to check the exhaust but everything seemed OK. Had to get up early because we have 265 miles to do today. Quite a lot of it we did with other Posted by Tony and Penny in Tony and Pennys Travels | Sep 24, 2014
- Barcelona to Catalan PyreneesWe docked at 8am in the morning and all set off together from the docks in Barcelona. That changed almost immediately after the first roundabout. Everyone got lost including the tour guide who had a number of cars following him. Posted by Tony and Penny in Tony and Pennys Travels | Sep 24, 2014
- Leaving MallorcaAfter a week exploring Mallorca it was our last day to relax around the pool, pack the car and late at night drive in convoy through Palma to catch the ferry to Barcelona. I just about got a picture of Posted by Tony and Penny in Tony and Pennys Travels | Sep 24, 2014
- Port de Sollar, Andratx and DeiaFriday had been another free day relaxing around the pool but today we had a road run to Port de Sollar, Andratx and Deia. This was a spectacular drive along the the south west of the island with great winding Posted by Tony and Penny in Tony and Pennys Travels | Sep 24, 2014
- Day 1: Arriving Posted by katieb77 in Katie's Study Abroad Adventures | Sep 23, 2014
- A Misty MorningAn early start, as the ferry secured to the port at Bilbao. Up & showered at 4.45; Full English in the ships restaurant at 5.30am, then down to the lower deck to retrieve the bike in time for disembarking Posted by Laurence.m54 in Spain. On a motorbike. | Sep 23, 2014
- Santa Cruz de TenerifeI was quite sad to leave mainland Spain today. Almost felt unreal as it seems so long I have been there looking at the mountains. But it has to be done, if only for a short time.
The flight to Tenerife Posted by louisebenn in my own little vuelta de espana | Sep 23, 2014
- A week in Seville, Cadiz and Huelva...this is Andalucia <3A week in Sevilla, Cadiz and Huelva...this is Andalucia <3
Seville, the Andalusian home of flamenco and tapas, scorches by day and dazzles at night OLEEE OLEEEE ;)
[b Posted by apuma22 in Daring to live a dream :) | Sep 23, 2014
- Last day in BarcelonaSo yesterday was our last day in Barcelona. And we ended it well by visiting La Sagrada Familia. Absolutely stunning building:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/704586/IMG_3409.j Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Sep 23, 2014
- Malaga r&r daySo yesterdays entry was minimal. There were of course other things I was going to write but having just woken up and realising it was near 8..the party/food time here..I seemed to forget all but the basics.
When I did Posted by louisebenn in my own little vuelta de espana | Sep 22, 2014
- The Most Beautiful Walk In The WorldOn a particularly quiet morning in Valdespartera I decided to go for a walk. Putting my headphones in I left the silent urban landscape behind and entered a world filled with game changers and innovators courtesy of NPR's TED Radio Posted by mirandabarrie in To Sail, Not Drift | Sep 22, 2014
- Barcelona x3So Barcelona has been so busy I haven't done a blog in 3 days. As a result I have lost track of a lot of things but the key things to note are:
Las ramblas - the key street in Barcelona Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Sep 23, 2014
- MalagaOh thank god! Last day if the tour! Don't get me wrong it's been an amazing trip but the thought of not having to tour each day, plan and do homework, having to sight see and all that...phew! I can Posted by louisebenn in my own little vuelta de espana | Sep 21, 2014
- Cap de Formentor and Cala de Sa CalobraToday we set off for the very north of the island, Cap Formentor and one of the most westerly points, Cala de Sa Calobra. 140 miles but absolutely spectacular roads to drive with enormous numbers of s-bends. Apparently these roads Posted by Tony and Penny in Tony and Pennys Travels | Sep 21, 2014
- Alison's Terrible, Horrible, No-Good, Very-Bad DayThursday was not a happy day.
It certainly started out happy, though. Nothing foreboding or ominous to signal that anything was amiss. It was your typical Thursday. I went through my normal wake-up, go to class, come home for Posted by TrixiStella in Don't Worry, I'm Just Panicking | Sep 21, 2014
- RondaAh Ronda...there is something about this place. It's like the weight of the world disappears when you are here. You can lose yourself to the views across to the sierra. I went for a wander to the edge of the Posted by louisebenn in my own little vuelta de espana | Sep 20, 2014
- PamplonaAfter leaving Madrid, I anticipated a lengthy hangover, however; this was not to be of the self-inflicted variety (little did I know that the self inflicted variety would come at the end...). The previous two weeks had been spent in Posted by Hodgeontour in Fernweh | Sep 20, 2014
- Mad-ridA city that makes you sweat from the heat, the bustle, the energy. Everything about Madrid is scorching, the pavement crackles beneath your feet, your tapas steam on their plate, your beer is perspiring the second it's poured. The days Posted by Gmp13 in Fernweh | Sep 20, 2014