- Day 132 - to ValenciaAfter a record-breaking pack up in Vilanova I la Geltru, we got in the car and headed out of Barcelona area. We had really enjoyed our time in Barcelona, and if given a chance would have spent more time there. Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Oct 18, 2014
- Casa Batllo – Demystifying Gaudi!Now there are many reasons why one could visit Barcelona – football, beaches, nightlife but if you get stuck with an Architect (like I was!! ;)) then be prepared for days of mind blowing experience as you walk in and Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Oct 18, 2014
- La Voz que Nos Llama Entrando a Najera despues de treinta largos y cansados kilometros, nos topamos con este grafiti.
[img=http://photos.trave Posted by CraigVivian in Craig & Vivian Walk the Camino | Oct 17, 2014
- Las Piedras Hablan--The Cairns TalkA rock cairn is a vertical pile of stones used the mark an uncertain trail usually above tree line. While on the trail last week we came across long series of cairns on which some had messages written. The last Posted by CraigVivian in Craig & Vivian Walk the Camino | Oct 17, 2014
- GerhardWe have met some amazing people on our journey, but no one that exemplifies the resilience of the human spirit as Gerhard. He is a German man walking to Santiago. What makes Gerhard special is he has Parkinson's. His shake Posted by CraigVivian in Craig & Vivian Walk the Camino | Oct 17, 2014
- Almuerzo en Logrono -- Lunch in LogronoAt our rest day last Saturday, we had a great lunch in Logrono at El Rincon del Vino. The style of the restaurant was a "cava de vinos." On a cold winter's day, it would be a delightful refuge from Posted by CraigVivian in Craig & Vivian Walk the Camino | Oct 17, 2014
- Day 131 - BarcelonaIt was a cooler day today and we were very tired from the day before having got back home at some unearthly hour this morning. However we got ourselves going albeit in the later morning and headed into Barcelona again Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Oct 17, 2014
- Day 130b - BarcelonaPart Two!
After Park Guell we headed down toward the main city center. It turned out to be quite a long walk. The day was nice and warm though, and the walk pleasant. Would have been more pleasant with cooler clothes Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Oct 16, 2014
- Park Guell - Out of a fairy tale book!
Park Guel was initially planned and commissioned to be built as garden community with luxury homes away from industrial city but was an unsuccessful venture way back in early 1900s. It w Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Oct 16, 2014
- Day 130a - BarcelonaDay one in Barcelona!
Today we had activities booked for 2pm, 4pm and 9.30pm in the city, so we decided to do jobs in the morning, then head into Barcelona after an early lunch.
Rowan walked the kilometre to the office Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Oct 15, 2014
- Day 31 - Ohlao ~~ HuelvaFinally heading into Spain! We will stay south for a few days and the make our way to Sevilla - fly to Cartgena and the our last stop Barcelona.
Here are a few pics of a sweet little town with Posted by EarthTour14 in EarthTour14 | Oct 15, 2014
- Day 129 - Carcassone, Vilanova i la GeltruToday we go to Spain!
We did our usual pack up with everyone pitching in as usual and hit the road. We are driving to Barcelona today via Carcassone. The views along the way are really nice being able to see Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Oct 15, 2014
- Settling In, Part Deux or Dos or Zwei if You PreferWhy hello there,
Although this isn't another flashy and exciting blog entry about sleeping on airport chairs, this week I thought I would mix it up and delve into the "study" half of study abroad to give you a little Posted by TrixiStella in Don't Worry, I'm Just Panicking | Oct 13, 2014
- Casa Mila - the magical rooftop!
One may ask what so different about the rooftop in Casa Mila. The average tourist may think it’s just another one of many Gaudi’s building in Barcelona with steep entrance ticket, priced Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Oct 13, 2014
- Blog noteHi all
Hopeless internet here in Barcelona. Not able to upload photos. Will catch up on the blog in Valencia in 3 or 4 days time unless it improves somehow :)
Adios for now!
Ro, Tori & clan Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Oct 11, 2014
- Boot CampVivian is concerned that we might have painted too rosy of a picture that fails to demonstrate the rigor and duress, both mental and physical, of the Camino. She says that this trip is "boot camp," not a 'romantic' vacation. Posted by CraigVivian in Craig & Vivian Walk the Camino | Oct 11, 2014
- Bilbao (pronounced Bil-bough)Look, today was pretty amazing and I have to admit that Bilbao is very pretty. We got up at something like half past eight and got ready to go because Bilbao was 200 k's away. It was very boring in Posted by SamSueEurope in Wait for me - long walks with short legs | Oct 11, 2014
- Ribadesella This is the place I have chosen to chill out for a few days before returning to the UK. It is a Coastal resort in Northern Spain. Also a fishing village, it feels similar to the resorts we have in Posted by Laurence.m54 in Spain. On a motorbike. | Oct 11, 2014
- Cala de sa CalobraI have managed to put together the short clips Penny shot holding her camera above the windshield on one of the roads in Mallorca. There is sound on the video. I hope you manage to get this OK
Posted by Tony and Penny in Tony and Pennys Travels | Oct 11, 2014
- Bilbao and the Guggenheim MuseumYou may have already read the kids' blogs about our day trip to the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao during our stay in Porrua (near Llanes in northern Spain). If you haven't, then perhaps have a read after this (same password):
Ben Posted by SamSueEurope in Keep up - an Australian family odyssey | Oct 10, 2014
- La Sagrada Familia - Antoni Gaudí's masterpiece!
If you Google for the 'new seven wonder of the world', your list will include:
Great wall of China in China, Taj Mahal in India, Petra in Jordan, Colosseum in Italy, Chichen Izta in Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Oct 8, 2014
- Roadtripping through Southern Spain (Part 2)Last post I described the planning progress of this week-long roadtrip. We had booked a rather cheap rental car through www.billiger-mietwagen.de, ending up at a local provider with name "Goldcar". I have to underline right from the beginning, that the Posted by fuechsken in A Travel Bug's Tales | Oct 7, 2014
- GuadalupeNoticeably colder than Gib this morning. I suppose you get used to the heat there, even though it is oppressive.
Quite a cool ride out of Aracena toward Guadalupe, but at least it was bright, clear and dry. The only slight Posted by Laurence.m54 in Spain. On a motorbike. | Oct 7, 2014
- La peregrina, VivianHere are 3 photos of Vivian. While she has taken the vast majority of the photos, I can manage to point and shoot our camera. Here is a photo of her in the narrow medieval streets of St. Jean Pied Posted by CraigVivian in Craig & Vivian Walk the Camino | Oct 7, 2014
- La Entrada a PamplonaPamplona is best known for the encierro, or the running of the bulls during the Festival of San Fermin each July 6-14 when 1,000,000 descend on it. Las fiestas de San Fermin fechan desde 1215. The encierro was first brought Posted by CraigVivian in Craig & Vivian Walk the Camino | Oct 7, 2014