- Vacaciones de las vacacionesEn realidad necesitaría varios posts para contaros todo lo que he hecho durante mis semanas de vacaciones de las vacaciones (nombre que ha calado para denominar estos pequeños descansos que me tomo de la dura vida de mochilera), pero como Posted by gacela in Gacela por el Mundo | Mar 7, 2013
Madrid… meh. Yeah sure, it’s a big capital city that everyone has to see on their big European adventure; but seriously, big deal. I suppose the central part of Madrid does feature a few buildings of moderate interest, but the Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo trip | Mar 7, 2013
- Camp Granada and Seville We spent our last day in Granada touring around the [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alhambra| Allhambra]], a huge Moorish palace and fortress on the top of a hill. Like other sites we have visited, it is huge and impressive, with so many details Posted by Moshry in The Big Trip | Mar 7, 2013
- Granada Day 4 & 5The weather as expected is still very unsettled here though Friday is due to be much better. There is a yellow weather alert as we're still getting the effects of the storm that battered the Canaries.
Mish is enjoying the school Posted by cooneys in Simon & Michelle's Latin Adventure | Mar 7, 2013
- BarcelonaAhhh, Barcelona! What an extraordinary city and my favourite in Europe thus far (at the time of writing, I have been to seven). An Italian I met in Brussels contended that travelling through Mediterranean Europe is far more enjoyable than Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo trip | Mar 6, 2013
- The Day of the Book and the Rose
Spring is fast approaching. The floral scent of warmth is beginning to fill the air and the sky ever-changing into a deeper shade of blue. And just around the corner is [i]El Dia de San Posted by lauracerys in Destino Infinito | Mar 6, 2013
- el rocio to isla cristina (via huelva)wednesday: walked into el rocio in the aft. as the weather improved slightly, although we did get a little
damp in a couple of short showers!
what a place! wide sand tracks (for horses) throughout the town, very wild west!, and Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Mar 6, 2013
- Granada Day 2 & 3On Monday morning we woke up at the hotel with a bit of a heavy head - we counted back 8 bars we'd been in the day before. That would explain the heavy head!
We had a bit of time before Posted by cooneys in Simon & Michelle's Latin Adventure | Mar 5, 2013
- Episode 3What a weather change from the UK! The sun features a lot in this episode but it's not as warm as it looks.
Posted by reinandleah in REIN & LEAH'S EUROPEAN ADVENTURE | Mar 5, 2013
- GranadaHi all,
So we left Cordoba this morning and made our way to Granada by train. Again, such a relaxing way to travel. We arrived at around 1:30, checked into our hotel and we were out the door by Posted by Aoshry in The Big Trip | Mar 4, 2013
- Cordoba We left Madrid a couple of days ago, taking the train to [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Córdoba,_Andalusia|Cordoba]], which is about 400km south Madrid, only just over an hour on the high speed train. She's a sweet ride. Cordoba is another picturesque t Posted by Moshry in The Big Trip | Mar 4, 2013
- gelves to el rociomonday: we woke up quite early to the sound of boats being lifted out of the water by giant cranes,
motorhomes leaving/arriving and small vans whizzing around the marina!
not raining first off, but that didn’t take long to change!
we Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Mar 4, 2013
- sevillesunday: woken up by the gloomy sound of rain on the roof….
weather forecast said some showers today, but raining pretty hard!, no good at all for our visit
aimed to leave at 10am, get the bus into the city Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Mar 4, 2013
- Granada Day 1Day 1
We've just spent 1 day in Granada but we love it already. Food and drink is so cheap and we've had a lovely time eating tapas, drinking wine & beer while looking up at the imposing snow capped peaks Posted by cooneys in Simon & Michelle's Latin Adventure | Mar 3, 2013
- It Rains in Spain :(On the very plus side, by traveling during the off-season we have managed to avoid line ups and huge crowds. On the down side, it has not been very warm. We've seen snow, rain and wind for much Posted by Eyakiwchuk in This Is Actually Happening...For Real! | Mar 2, 2013
- chiclana de la frontera to gelves (via jerez de la frontera)saturday: pretty cold when we woke up today - and not v. good weather either : (
leaving chiclana today, headed towards seville, via jerez. hoping to be able to stop for a
wander, will see.
packed up, used services etc. and Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Mar 2, 2013
- SpainStansted airport
With a 6am flight from London’s Stansted airport to Valencia in Spain we had (what we thought) was a smart idea of catching one of the last London-to-Stansted airport buses the night before and sleeping at the airport until Posted by reinandleah in REIN & LEAH'S EUROPEAN ADVENTURE | Mar 1, 2013
- MadridSo the last few days in Madrid have been pretty great!! Michael described Toledo which was really nice, but it was such a cold day I don't think we really appreciated it as much as we should have.. We Posted by Aoshry in The Big Trip | Mar 1, 2013
- Amongst Peppers and Prawns.
Sitting sneakily to the side of the madness that is the renowned and infamous Ramblas, amongst all its lunacy, beauty, chaos and history is La Boquería market, one of the most popular si Posted by lauracerys in Destino Infinito | Feb 28, 2013
- canos de meca to chiclana de la frontera (for cadiz)thursday: went for a lovely walk yesterday aft., up to the tower and mirador (viewing point) on top
of the hill behind the campsite, about an hour and a half each way.
sat at the top for a while looking down at Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Feb 28, 2013
- See Messi Score A Goal .... Check!We had a great few days in Barcelona, exploring the city and getting a small taste of life there. Our apartment was close to a street that had small shops and cafes. I particularly liked walking down to Posted by Moshry in The Big Trip | Feb 28, 2013
- AsturiasLast weekend I took the opportunity given to me by easyjet's recent (cheap) flight connection (LIS-OVD) and went on quick trip to Oviedo.
I don't know very well the deep north of Portugal, even less the Spanish one. So this was Posted by danics in World Away | Feb 27, 2013
- Adios Barthelona, Hola MadridSo I think I left off with the anticipation of attending the FC Barcelona game. We arrived at the stadium about an hour and a half before the game. Jacob was just dying from anticipation. Even Issy Posted by Aoshry in The Big Trip | Feb 26, 2013
We hopped on the train from Valencia to Barcelona jumped in a taxi and made it to our apartment... Well almost. The taxi driver dropped us at 39 La Rambla, not 39 Rambla de Catalunya (we showed him the address Posted by blake-michelle in Blake & Michelle VS The World | Feb 25, 2013
- First few days in SpainSo we have spent a few days in Barcelona, walking around and exploring through the little side streets and little nooks & crannies off the beaten path. From what we have seen, my first impression of Europe, besides the Posted by Eyakiwchuk in This Is Actually Happening...For Real! | Feb 25, 2013