- Day 5 - Wednesday, 1 July 2015Today was like no other. Breakfast was special as it turns out that the Hotel Palau de La Mar was once a monastery so there were gravestones in the courtyard where we ate. We had to order our hot breakfast Posted by gpric6 in Spain | Jul 2, 2015
- BarcelonaBig drama today.
The hotel we booked was cancelled the night before we arrived in Barcelona. We spent 3 hours organising a new hotel. The new hotel was on the beach at Castedelfels, which was 30 mins out of town. When Posted by pesabery2015 in Ryan's Europe Trip | Jul 2, 2015
- Day 4 - Tuesday, 30 June 2015Breakfast was a bit of a challenge. The hotel was not big enough for our group so it was a little difficult to find what we wanted. We had to share a table with a chap from Italy – a Posted by gpric6 in Spain | Jul 1, 2015
- Day 3 - Monday, 29 June 2015This morning we left bustling Barcelona and headed south. The scenery quickly changed to farmland between the hills. The fact is Spain is 40% mountains. These hills were denude of any vegetation and it reminded me a good deal of Posted by gpric6 in Spain | Jul 1, 2015
- Travel & Arrival in SalamancaWe unload our bus at the airport and settle in for two hours of waiting for all the other travelers to arrive. We wandered, exchanged more cash, and experimented with McDonald's breakfast in Spain. I really just wanted some damned Posted by sierralove95 in Study Abroad 2015- Spain & travels | Jul 1, 2015
- Welcome to MadridJane arrived first at 2:30, and then Stefanie at 4:22. Jane's luggage was lost- and as I write this on July 1st- it has yet to be delivered. We split a taxi from Madrid-Barajas airport to our room at Hostal Posted by sierralove95 in Study Abroad 2015- Spain & travels | Jul 1, 2015
- Final ReflectionsSo, I had originally written this up the day before I flew home, but it seems that my post did not go up.
My comparisons will be between Weare, New Hampshire, Tuscaloosa, Alabama, Venice, Italy, and Pamplona, Spain. They are all Posted by tcanderson in Alabama Engineering in Europe | Jun 30, 2015
- La Sagrada FamiliaOur on off bus pass had finished the day before so we decided to walk to this basilica. It was about a 1/2 hour walk, I just followed Geoff as my sense of direction leaves a lot Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jun 30, 2015
- Day 2 - Sunday, 28 June 2015Day 2 Sunday 28 June – Barcelona
Breakfast was once again a delicious start to the day. At 9.15 we walked up La Rambla to catch our coach. We headed towards the hills that we visited yesterday to Park Guell. What Posted by gpric6 in Spain | Jun 30, 2015
- Day 1 - Saturday, 27 June 2015After almost 35 hours from leaving Jalomy Street, we arrived safely in Barcelona. All went well until we went to leave Dubai. We boarded our flight only to find they had to deal with a “technical difficulty”. That to us Posted by gpric6 in Spain | Jun 29, 2015
- Pamplona vs Tuscaloosa vs Lubbock vs BarcelonaTuscaloosa:
At the University of Alabama, most students walk to class, or drive a short distance from their off campus apartment and walk to class. The university provides a bus system for some longer distances, as well. There is the option Posted by emmaclements in Alabama Engineering in Europe | Jun 28, 2015
- Project 3
In this video for project number 3, Elizabeth, Tessa, and I discuss the differences we've noticed in sustainability in Pamplona and Spain versus the United States. Posted by emmaclements in Alabama Engineering in Europe | Jun 26, 2015
- Park Guell and Tibidabo (Barcelona)We hopped back on the hop on hop off green bus as we were planning on visiting the Basilica of the Sagrada Familia, the assistant on the bus talked us out of it and convinced us we should book a Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jun 26, 2015
- Barcelona Hop on, hop off buses.Sleeping in Barcelona in June means sleeping with no bed linen on. On Friday we toured the city on the hop on hop off buses, good value as you can do the red tour and the green tour which take Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jun 25, 2015
- Wind Energy in Spain!So, as soon as I learned about this study abroad program in Pamplona, I could not stop thinking about getting to see the Spanish wind farms. While the one that we visited today was relatively small and used older technology, Posted by emmaclements in Alabama Engineering in Europe | Jun 25, 2015
- Wind MillsToday we went to see the windmills up on the mountains by Pamplona! It was very cool and the view was amazing.
The windmills were a lo Posted by tcanderson in Alabama Engineering in Europe | Jun 25, 2015
- Exploring BarcelonaOn our first day in Barcelona we caught the train tor Barcelona. We were advised to buy 10 tickets rides. First you get off the train and look around trying to make sense of everything and definitely making Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jun 23, 2015
- Malaga to Barcelona As we didn't have to catch the plane till 3.15 pm we had plenty of time to wash all our linen, clean, pack and say our goodbyes to David and Barbara. As we neared the airport we thought we Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jun 23, 2015
- And now you know the rest of the storySo Saturday night I wrote about our first day in San Sebastián. However, that's not exactly how it happened. It started off the same; we met at the bus station, rode to San Sebastián, and went to the aquarium. Then Posted by esconnell in Alabama Engineering in Europe | Jun 22, 2015
- A Beach ComparisonI have now been to two different beaches during my time abroad this summer: Biarritz and San Sebastián. So which is better?
While San Sebastián had a lot more people on a much smaller beach, the water was warmer, the sand Posted by emmaclements in Alabama Engineering in Europe | Jun 21, 2015
- Day 7 Formentor* We head out towards the northeast corner of Majorca - Becky tells me it is northwest and I still don't get it
* The first stop is my choice, Parc Natural de S'Albuferar - supposedly a great birding park
* No Posted by sherrietravels in Mallorca, Majorca or Whatever | Jun 21, 2015
- Day 6 Palma* No buzzing
* Late start to the cock-a-doodling maybe because the doors were closed and we didn't hear it
* Best sleep yet
* Off to Palma to see THE Cathedral
* We easily find the underground parking with Becky navigating
* Garage has Posted by sherrietravels in Mallorca, Majorca or Whatever | Jun 21, 2015
- Day 5 Mira to Miro and Valldemossa* Awake at 5:00
* As the vision in my left eye is a little distorted I head to the mirror to take a look.
* I have a bite under my eye that swelled up to gargantuan proportions.
* Dab some Benadryl.
* Posted by sherrietravels in Mallorca, Majorca or Whatever | Jun 21, 2015
- Day 4 Valldemossa* So dogs, roosters and mosquitoes did their usual thing at 4 but I was able to get back to sleep until 10.
* A lazy start to the day with breakfast on the balcony followed by lounging poolside.
* Livia joins Posted by sherrietravels in Mallorca, Majorca or Whatever | Jun 21, 2015
- Medieval Art
Some of the more interesting pieces that I saw when I went to the art museum in Barcelona. The building was really cool too! Posted by tcanderson in Alabama Engineering in Europe | Jun 19, 2015