- First ImpressionSince I arrived a day early, I’ve had the opportunity to wander around Sevilla by myself. Departing at 10:30am (had to sleep in after 30 hours of travel) - I roamed the beautiful calles of Sevilla for hours, loving Posted by Abi'sAdventures in Nomadic Notes | Jan 7, 2014
- 2009 A9 NCL GEM - TRANSATLANTIC - BARCELONA - THE ENDCOMING TO THE END OF THE CRUISE NOW.. JUST CANNES & BARCELONA TO GO.
I WAS TEMPTED TO NOT EVEN GET OFF THE BOAT IN CANNES.
IN THE END I JUST TOOK A FEW SNAPS INTHE HARBOUR & WENT ASHORE FOR A Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 10, 2013
- 2009 A5 NCL GEM - TRANSATLANTIC - THE ALHAMBRA===GRENADA & THE ALHAMBRA===
I LIVED IN SPAIN FOR A FEW MONTHS DOING BAR WORK ETC. BUT NEVER WENT TO THE ALHAMBRA.
GOING TO RECTIFY THAT NOW.
LOTS OF PHOTOS. TOO MAY PROBABLY, BUT YOU TRY & PICK JUST A FEW. IT'S VERY Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 10, 2013
- 2009 A4 NCL GEM - TRANSATLANTIC - CADIZOVERNIGHT, WE TRAVELLED SOUTH & TODAY ARE DOCKED IN CADIZ.
THE EXCURSION TAKES US INLAND TO ARCOS DE LA FRONTERA. ONE OF THE WHITE HILL VILLAGES OF SOUTHERN SPAIN & A STOP AT A SHERRY MAKING PLACE IN JEREZ. Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 10, 2013
- Hello Palma!!! So Palma de Mallorca.... It absolutely one of my favorite places yet on this planet. Having travelled the world for the past 8 years, I made my way to Palma early last year, and not having any expectations of Posted by Petrena in A winter in Palma:) | Dec 28, 2013
- Barcelona, 2009"Barthhhhelllona!" beamed the voice of captain Bob Bain (yes, we remember the name...) as the plane descended into the Catalan capital! This was the first (major) trip that Sabrina and I took together and it was one of Posted by osmanandsabrina in Osman & Sabrina's Adventures | Dec 21, 2013
Just a quick note to let you know how we're going. I'll try to get back on here later and upload some photos and give some more details.
We spent 4 nights in Ireland (2 in Dublin, 2 in Cork) which Posted by NickandJo in Nick and Jo Europe 2013 | Dec 18, 2013
- going home"Es un principio básico del Derecho Penal que no se puede imputar ni castigar a nadie por lo que es, sino por lo que ha hecho“, ha subrayado este martes el fiscal anticorrupción Pedro Horrach, en un nuevo escrito contra Posted by hebbo in Hebbo goes RTW | Dec 17, 2013
- SPAIN Part Tres
After the amazing experience of Granada, we were excited to be heading to the capital of the south, Sevilla! We had heard Seville is one of the hottest places in Spain but the allure of Posted by andrewemma in Let's Go Get Lost | Dec 10, 2013
- SPAIN Part Dos
Due to our sad realisation that we wouldn’t make it to Morocco in this part of our trip, we turned to Granada the Spanish city with plenty of Moorish history to make up for ou Posted by andrewemma in Let's Go Get Lost | Dec 8, 2013
- SPAIN Part Uno
After almost a month travelling through the South of France in the searing heart, eating plenty of cheese and wining ourselves a plenty, it was time to move into the next country, HOLA S Posted by andrewemma in Let's Go Get Lost | Dec 5, 2013
- Madrid & Marbella I find that most of my journeys I have a bit of a sense of trepidation and anticipation; most of the time this is due to arriving at a new place, unaware of what lies beyond the safety of the Posted by bgriffs in A Barefoot Existence | Nov 30, 2013
- Trans Iberian TrainAfter returning from Madeira, the travel bug couldn't be kept away for too long, so me and a couple of friends decided we should go on a weekend trip to the Basque Country. I was planning to try Renfe's TrenHotel Posted by danics in World Away | Nov 29, 2013
- What Happens in Barcelona, Stays in Barcelona Barcelona, mi amor.
So this was my first flight flying Ryan Air. For all those readers out there who aren’t familiar with this airline, it is the cheapest and sneakiest European Airline out there, dangerously comparable to our very own Spirit Posted by kbali in Karishma Goes to Europe | Oct 30, 2013
- Alicante, SpainI feel so fortunate to live close to a regional airport where we can take low cost flights to different spots around Europe. It is even better when we have a long weekend during the colder months and can go Posted by trackers in ¡Global Nada! | Nov 24, 2013
- SANTIAGO – FINESTERRA- MUXIA Another 100 kilometers was what we had agreed to, and it should have been a simple three or four days more to walk from Santiago to Finesterra which was a route done centuries ago by many people and pilgrims. It Posted by erika_simon in Simplicity, Inspiration and Angels | Nov 13, 2013
- Champagne Tastes on a Beer BudgetThe 5 hour TGV fast train from Paris to Monaco travelled through unmistakeably French countryside of rolling green fields and quaint farmhouses, past vineyards, through the unusually coloured mountains of Provence and finally along the south coast of the Posted by sandjharvey in Our Gap Year | Nov 10, 2013
- THE LAST DAY - The true Camino begins when you reach the endToday our big day arrives, our final day of walking to Santiago de Compostela. Five hours of walking remain after 30 days of hiking, with 180 hours walking now behind us, during sunny, raining, foggy, cloudy, a little cold, freezing Posted by erika_simon in Simplicity, Inspiration and Angels | Nov 8, 2013
- DAY THIRTY – ARZUA TO PEDROUZOWith only 20 kilometers walk this was a very easy day. The fog in the morning for many hours was fun and afterwards a wonderful sun came out to warm the day – and us as well. We decided to Posted by erika_simon in Simplicity, Inspiration and Angels | Nov 8, 2013
- DAY TWENTY NINE – PALAS DEL REY TO ARZUAThree days to arrive at Santiago with around 60 kilometers to go. Many questions being juggled in my mind: what is it going to happen in three days? What do we need to do in three days? Have I enjoyed Posted by erika_simon in Simplicity, Inspiration and Angels | Nov 8, 2013
- Surprisingly Stunning SevilleWelcome to Seville in sunny Spain where every other tree is laden with oranges...
We don’t expect to experience the ‘Wow!’ factor in every place we visit, but Seville has left us surprisingly Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Nov 3, 2013
- Wander the WorldThe past two weeks have been filled with travel. And I've absolutely loved it. I traveled to London and saw all the sights. My favorite was my lovely friend Jami Black. Then on to Belfast and Portadown and then on Posted by AlyshaVZ in Meet Me in Madrid | Nov 2, 2013
- 2 nights in CORDOBA!
Tuesday 29th October 13 (day 59)
Luggage on our backs we were in the metro at 10am heading to the bus station for our 11am coach departure. Today we are traveling from Madrid to Cordoba 360km to the south. The Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2013/14 TRIP NOW COMPLETE | Nov 1, 2013
- Quick stop in Zaragoza! then on to MADRID.
Friday 25th October 13 (day 55)
Not a good start to the day, the elastic on my Keen sandal wore thru! bugger!
I was up on the street look Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2013/14 TRIP NOW COMPLETE | Nov 1, 2013
- DAY TWENTY EIGHT – FERREIROS TO PALAS DEL REYWe knew we had a long day to walk, because of the spacing of the towns and the closeness of Santiago we tried to push ourselves and do around 35 kilometers. We left earlier than normal, however we had a Posted by erika_simon in Simplicity, Inspiration and Angels | Oct 31, 2013