- Girona continued......Well after yesterdays exertions we have amended our plan and nixed Barcelona we know......how can you do that .... well we can.... so off to the Costa Brava for another glimpse of the Med, first stop the medieval town of Posted by marcofisher in France and Spain 2015 | Sep 18, 2015
- On the Road to GironaAnother beautifull morning with cast for sun and mid 20's with our stay in Collioure coming to an end.......slowly but surely we are getting used to the departure routine...bring the luggage to a predetermined spot while the other Posted by marcofisher in France and Spain 2015 | Sep 17, 2015
- Gothic & SurrealExplored the Gothic Quarter in Barcelona today - eating pastries, drinking great coffee (Melbourne, we are so ripped off price wise!) and exploring the narrow alleyways. Finished the day at La Sagrada Familia, this time from the inside. Saw Mum's Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Sep 17, 2015
- BarcelonaAfter 2 flights and a delay we finally made it to Barcelona. Our accommodation is right around the corner from La Sagrada Familia so managed to get some late afternoon light on the facade. Ate a lovely Paella for dinner. Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Sep 16, 2015
- Last day in SpainI'm over this cold - it's causing broken sleep and my nose is running like a tap.
I skated this morning again and decided that I'd just have a quiet day rather than have a day seeing sights a drive away.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/670049 Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Sep 16, 2015
- TorremolinosAwful sleep - I have a cold 😰
Breakfast with James. We are both here alone & the company is good. James is looking at apartments to buy.
I called the local kite school who said wind was forecast & sent me Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Sep 15, 2015
- TorremolinosUnsurprisingly on the Costa del Sol, it's sunny today.
Last night, I met a guy the same age as me who is Danish, but his father was Australian. He did his PhD in Sydney.
We had a most enjoyable dinner. He took Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Sep 14, 2015
- Tarifa to Torremolinos After breakfast, I went for a skate (the same path as yesterday).
It was windy early, so rather than head to Torremolinos as planned, I packed up and left the apartment and went to the beach I kited at yesterday.
The wind Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Sep 13, 2015
- Last day in TarifaPostscript to last night.
Caught up for a drink at a pub with a local guy (Paco) and my phone rang.
Unknown Spanish number. As I answered, a guy from the next table came over - it was my host (who I Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Sep 12, 2015
- HomeWell the trip has come to an end. We had our final games of tennis on Friday and a wrap up awards meal. I managed to come third out of my group of 5, not bad I think for not Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Sep 12, 2015
- Tarifa kitingAn exciting and abrupt start to my morning today.
My little apartment is one of a handful off a small common terrace. There is a door from the street to the terrace that is locked at night.
At 4.00am, someone was knocking Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Sep 11, 2015
- Tarifa and GibraltarI went for a walk around Tarifa after breakfast and walked to the southern most part of Europe.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/670049/90_05B3A76ADA2614E6EA74F334 Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Sep 9, 2015
- SpainWe arrived at Murcia airport on Thursday evening and had our transfer to La Manga resort for our week of tennis. I was a bit nervous having not actually played tennis other than a few games at school and a Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Sep 9, 2015
- More CadizToday started a bit overcast, with a shower expected.
My first foray for breakfast provided the best coffee so far. Lots of tourists in town.
[img=http://photos.trave Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Sep 7, 2015
- CadizPost script to last night - I bumped into an Australian in the square near my apartment who shares the same osteo as me!
Up early this morning, at least by Spanish standards.
A quick breakfast and then a 2.3k walk to Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Sep 6, 2015
- Onwards to SpainInstead of catching a taxi to the bus station this morning, I decided to walk the 2.2k.
The Portugese habit of paving things with stones ensured the occupants of every house I passed were woken by the sound generated by the Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Sep 5, 2015
- MadridToday was hot and sunny.
This morning was free time, but I opted for an optional tour to Toledo, one hour from Madrid. We left the hotel at 8:15am, and returned at 1:30pm. We had a local guide and local tour Posted by HimalayanPeter in Churchward in Europe | Sep 3, 2015
- Barcelona to MadridToday was another hot sunny day, reaching 30 C, although light overcast developed in the afternoon, and we had some light rain n Madrid as we arrived, and as we did our panoramic drive.
Today was a long driving day. We Posted by HimalayanPeter in Churchward in Europe | Sep 2, 2015
- BarcelonaAnother hot and sunny day. Not sure what the temp was as we were only in the coach for a short while, but was 25 C at 9:00am.
Had a 3 hour guided tour (driving and walking) from 8:30, after which Posted by HimalayanPeter in Churchward in Europe | Sep 2, 2015
- Nice to BarcelonaAnother sunny and hot day reaching 33 C.
Today was a long driving day, although we had a lunch stop at Arles where we had time to look around the town including the Roman amphitheatre. Although not as large as the Posted by HimalayanPeter in Churchward in Europe | Aug 30, 2015
- San SebastionSan Sebastian is a coastal town in Spain not too far away from the French border. We now had 5 nights here as we had taken a fair few people’s advice to ditch Pamplona, if you are not there when Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Aug 27, 2015
- Day 15This morning we paid an early visit to Casa Mila "La Pedrera" The last of Gaudi's civil engineering works. Another facinating building.
Today is the beginning of our cruise and around 12.00 noon we headed for the port and our ship Posted by John McReynolds in Europe 2015 | Aug 25, 2015
- Day 14Another day in beautiful Barcelona. Today we tried the train (Metro) service to Parc de Montjuic which was confusing with everything in Spanish but we got there. The train trip included a ride in the fenicular railway for only €2.55. Posted by John McReynolds in Europe 2015 | Aug 24, 2015
- last day on the iberianThe last day of our tour has arrived and for some I am sure that they wont remember it. A group of them went out and staggered back in between 6am and 8.30 am. The bus absolutely stunk of alcohol. Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Aug 23, 2015
- the beautiful AlhambraOur 6th day started much the same as the others. We had to be at the Alhambra by 8.45am. But first we had to conquer the 1.5km up hill walk to get to the entrance. The Alhambra is a UNESCO Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Aug 23, 2015