- Day 148 - SegoviaToday we did more of a similar nature to yesterday, walking and exploring the town of Segovia with two specific places in mind to visit - Segovia Cathedral and Segovia Alcazar. It was a bit cooler today as we started Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Nov 1, 2014
- Day 147 - SegoviaToday was a great day wandering around the town and exploring some of its attractions. The bonus was that some of these attractions were free of charge today for some reason.
We started our day by walking down into the town Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Oct 30, 2014
- Danyons time in Fuente PalmelaFuente Palmera is a little dusty town in a tumbleweed countryside. And we had to bounce over stones, slosh through creeks and hold on for our lives to get to our new accommodation. The house was located inside a walled Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Oct 30, 2014
- Day 146 - drive to SegoviaHaving let Francisco know that we would be leaving around 10am, he planned to meet us then for payment. However, we were all packed by 9.40am so we happily filled in time playing pool and table tennis. This house and Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Oct 29, 2014
- Day 145 - Fuente PalmeraWe awoke today to the sound of silence out in the Spanish country side. The sun was shining and drying out the red earth, the olive groves and new crop pastures stretching as far as the eye can see. Awesome.
After Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Oct 29, 2014
- Day 144 - drive to Fuente PalmeraWe were up early and packed and leaving Benalmadena by about 9:30am. We had the advantage of an extra hours sleep last night as europe changed the clocks for daylight saving. Now 12 hours difference with NZ.
Our first stop today Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Oct 29, 2014
- Over the Mountains and through the WoodsHello all,
As some of you may know, I have been looking high and low for signs of Fall ever since October rolled around. Fall is a beautiful thing! Crunchy leaves; the smell of wet grass; that breezy, crisp fresh Posted by TrixiStella in Don't Worry, I'm Just Panicking | Oct 29, 2014
- An encounter with Pablo Picasso’s work
I was looking forward to exploring Madrid, I had done some research on the place and was thinking of walking in and around the city – parks, plazas etc, but then we decided to visit the Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Oct 27, 2014
- Day 143 - BioParc After yesterday we were really keen to have a fun day and blow away the tiredness. It's been difficult sleeping here with the street noise and the heat.
So, Rowan went down to the office and gathered a ton of Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Oct 27, 2014
- Day 142 - Granada, JaenToday was just one of THOSE days.
It actually bothers me to even write about it - I'd just like to forget it and move on!!
OK, here goes...
Alhambra is a moorish palace in Granada. The internet photo look amazing. It was Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Oct 27, 2014
- Day 141 - BenalmadenaI still have a cold with my nose running like a tap today. A quiet day is in store for us again.
Tori is working on the travel budget to see where things are at. She has done a fantastic job Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Oct 27, 2014
- Day 140 - Ronda
We'd planned to head to Granada today, but Ro has a bit of a cold so we slept in a bit and headed east to Ronda instead. I was really looking forward to seeing Ronda, as I'd researched it a Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Oct 27, 2014
- Day 139 - Benalmadena, Marbella
Today I woke up with a wicked sore throat. Not good.
This morning we wandered the beach front and promenade. It is very very hot today. The beaches are very typically Costa del Sol, complete with loungers and umbrellas to rent Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Oct 27, 2014
- Day 138 - drive to BenalmadenaCheck out time is midday today, but we were up and getting sorted and we're done about 11am so we got on the road. At first the road takes us along the coast where one beach town blends with the Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Oct 27, 2014
- Halfway across SpainLast Tuesday we passed Sahagún. Sahagún is halfway between Roncesvalles and Santiago de Compostela on the Camino Frances in Spain. We entered Spain October 4th. We are now in Leon. We slept 14 hours last night as our bodies try Posted by CraigVivian in Craig & Vivian Walk the Camino | Oct 26, 2014
- The Road Most TravelledThe past 2 weeks we have been walking on portions of Roman roads that are 2,000 years old. The Romans built their roads 7 meters wide and raised the roadbed .6 to .8 meters using larger boulders below and then Posted by CraigVivian in Craig & Vivian Walk the Camino | Oct 26, 2014
- Tilting at WindmillsTilting at windmills means attacking imaginary enemies. The phrase derives from an episode in the novel "Don Quixote" by Cervantes where Don Quixote fights 30 or 40 windmills that he imagines to be giants. Quixote sees the windmill's sails as Posted by CraigVivian in Craig & Vivian Walk the Camino | Oct 26, 2014
- 3 things to do in Madrid
We took an early morning train (Renfe) from Barcelona to Madrid. We then checked into our hostel, which was centrally located and walking distance to the attractions we wanted to visit. Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Oct 26, 2014
- There is lots to do in Barcelona..We had three days in Barcelona and it just flew by, because there is so much to see and do, besides the 'football'. Here are a few things we did :
Barcelona is a City by Gaudi! Me and my husband Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Oct 25, 2014
- BarcelonaHeaded for the waterfront... Posted by carrollhodge in Southern Spain | Oct 25, 2014
- Sun, sand and sangria!Eventually…we arrived in Spain! It was a trying journey on the train which included non-english speaking or helpful French and a delayed timetable! It was almost as trying once in the city when we were trying to contact our host Posted by renee.coutts in Nae and the flying bear go to Europe | Oct 23, 2014
- Day 34 Santiago day 2 (Final Blog)Spent the night in a nice hotel. Can´t say that I slept great, since it is right next to the Cathedral. The bells rang every 15 minutes and gonged the time every hour. I really didn´t mind that much, since Posted by bobscamino in Bob's Camino | Oct 21, 2014
- Benahavis - and Mully's 50thThis will be just a quick post to let you all know that Mully had a great 50th.
Because more people make for a better party, the kids and I wanted to ask the MacIntosh/Lyons clan if they could fly out Posted by SamSueEurope in Keep up - an Australian family odyssey | Oct 19, 2014
- Friend Dates & How I Know I Can Never Be a Private DetectiveHey there everybody,
It is Sunday, and you know what time it is? Blogpost Time!
Another week of school has come and gone in a flash. Despite the fact that the trip to the Arab bath house that my friends Posted by TrixiStella in Don't Worry, I'm Just Panicking | Oct 19, 2014
- Day 137 - MojacarUp a bit earlier today, we hung out more washing, and drove ten minutes to Mojacar. We had heard there was a flea market here. Well, we're pleased we did, because Mojacar is a lovely looking place. Every building is Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Oct 19, 2014