- La Rioja was asleepHaro is the centre of La Rioja and we haven't yet re-adjusted to the Spanish siesta, we arrived and the town was shut. Undeterred, we investigated the town and sampled a Crianza or two, obviously just sheltering from a bit Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Apr 13, 2016
- 10 000 MilesFriday clocked up 10 000 miles on the way to Burgos going over Sierra de Guadarrama where the stone for most of the monuments in Segovia comes from. Again a very pretty drive with snow still on the peaks and Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Apr 11, 2016
- SegoviaI have now stopped trying to compare anywhere or anything we see to another place because we have just spent another exhausting day in Segovia. This, I am sure, will please all of our friends who are still reading our Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Apr 11, 2016
- On to SalamancaJacqui spotted baby geese the next morning in Badajoz as we walked across the medieval bridge into the city. Evidently the bridge was only closed to traffic in 2003, those medieval bridge designers obviously allowed for a lot of extra Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Apr 11, 2016
- Simon el JamonI don't know that I will ever be able to drag Simon away from Spain. He was in his happy place all weekend.
It started on Friday morning, with ham and cheese and tomato on offer at breakfast. (Me? Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Apr 10, 2016
- Capering around CapileiraDesayuno - my favourite meal of the day. This morning we were offered a million options in rapid fire Spanish so we just listened for words we knew and repeated those. I had tè con leche - which Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Apr 7, 2016
- El hombre verde caminaMonday morning presented us with breakfast, which I was more excited about than usual, on account of the minimal dinner that had occurred the night before. The trip to Leeds should have been a 2 hour trip on the Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Apr 6, 2016
- Minions succeededMore at the Plaza de Espanya and park:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/634262/44E Posted by Ssisters in March Meanderings | Mar 22, 2016
- MalagaNerja to Malaga by bus - 1 hr for 5 Euros. We met up with Steve and Carole at a lovely apartment just on the edge of the historic district. Malaga is a great city these days - lots of Posted by kforge in Kevin & Jeni 2016 - Spain & Portugal | Mar 22, 2016
- NerjaGranada to Nerja by bus - 1:50 hrs for 13 Euros. Nerja on the Costa Tropical was a real surprise; a pleasant one. The coast is rugged, the mountains are close and Nerja has several small swimming bays. And, the Posted by kforge in Kevin & Jeni 2016 - Spain & Portugal | Mar 22, 2016
- Olive Sunday???Today we had a slower start - in part because it was Sunday, and in part because it was raining and thus we did not feel inspired to go out...
By the time we did leave the rain had almost stopped, Posted by Ssisters in March Meanderings | Mar 21, 2016
- A Monumental DayEven though there had been a forecast of rain, we were excited to set out today and see blue sky. We headed off early - on advice from our AirBnB host - to the Alcazar, a site we had heard Posted by Ssisters in March Meanderings | Mar 22, 2016
- GranadaWe had a very comfortable 5:30 hr ALSA bus trip from Madrid to Granada
[img=http://photos.travell Posted by kforge in Kevin & Jeni 2016 - Spain & Portugal | Mar 20, 2016
- MadridWe had a good flight from Lisbon to Madrid and then a fixed-price 30-Euro taxi ride into the centre of Madrid to visit our friends Rob and Asun and their two daughters Ines and Alicia. Very, very cold!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/330645/ Posted by kforge in Kevin & Jeni 2016 - Spain & Portugal | Mar 20, 2016
- We're on a train to SomewhereToday we left our apartment rather early to catch a 7am train to Sevilla via Madrid. Meg had a nice kip, while Neri caught up on some work.
After briefly settling in to our very cute little courtyard apartment in a Posted by Ssisters in March Meanderings | Mar 19, 2016
- Barcelona and Leipzig BookfairIt's Saturday morning, 8:12 am and I'm sitting in the ICE train Leipzig to Munich. It's been a busy week: I was in Barcelona on Monday/Tuesday and then took the train to Leipzig on Thursday morning, way too early. It's Posted by AndreaLed in Andrea on the Loose | Mar 19, 2016
- Light sans heatDay 2 of exploring Barcelona began with happy dances brought on by clean, dry clothes.
Our morning saw us visiting the magnificent Basilica de la Sagrada Familia, whose construction began in 1882, and which is hoped to be complete by 2026. Posted by Ssisters in March Meanderings | Mar 17, 2016
- A shocking start to the day. Do not be alarmed. We are fine ... now.
Today's blog title refers to our thwarted attempts to wash our clothes in our AirBnB apartment here in Barcelona. We were so excited to get here and do some washing - we Posted by Ssisters in March Meanderings | Mar 17, 2016
- SevilleWe travelled from Cadiz to Sevilla by train into Sevilla Santa Just station for 16.05 Euros each for a 1:30 hr trip. Seville was mainly cold and wet
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/330645/Sevilla_-_..del_Oro_12C.jpg thumb=http://photos.traveller Posted by kforge in Kevin & Jeni 2016 - Spain & Portugal | Mar 16, 2016
- CadizWe took a Comes bus from Ronda to Cadiz (3:15 hrs for 16 Euros each). The first half of the journey through the mountains was stunning but it then turned into very boring plains. The old city of Cadiz is Posted by kforge in Kevin & Jeni 2016 - Spain & Portugal | Mar 16, 2016
- Still loving Spain-Six weeks "in"It has been a while since I have written, so where do I begin?
So often we are asked by people on both sides of the big pond, "Why Spain"? To us, it seems rather obvious, it is sunny, warm, Posted by Cowhiz in Living in and loving Spain | Mar 14, 2016
- Chapter 65: Sunny Synopsis of SevilleWe were lucky to use Pedriana's phone to secure a cheap (half of a bus ticket) ride via BlaBla Car! (Rideshare app) We even offered to pay for the full car due to our large bags (usually a problem for Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Mar 10, 2016
- INASPETTATAMENTE SANTIAGOE di nuovo Spagna per lavoro...stavolta però riesco a ritagliarmi una mezza giornata per me e per vedere un paese che mi ha sempre interessato: Santiago de Compostela!
Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Mar 6, 2016
- RondaThe cost of the 75-minute bus ride was only 6.48 Euros, I was a beautiful trip through the steep coastal mountains of the Sierra Bermeja and the Serrania de Ronda. On arrival in was sunny and, at 739 metres, cold. Posted by kforge in Kevin & Jeni 2016 - Spain & Portugal | Mar 2, 2016
- MalagaWe had provisionally booked an apartment for March in an old fisherman's cottage at Pedregalejo Beach, a few kms from Malaga City, for us and a couple of friends. We couldn't work out or find out just how big the Posted by kforge in Kevin & Jeni 2016 - Spain & Portugal | Mar 2, 2016