- Barcelona and Mediterrean cruise for 35th AnniversaryMuch planning and research has went into our first Mediterranean Cruise.Jim is afraid this will be the trip from Hell. Time will tell. Left home on Friday October 10 at 0900, Left car at Thrifty and took their shuttle Posted by Cindygad in Exploring new and old places | Nov 8, 2014
- Bienvenidos a Galicia - Welcome to GaliciaWe have experienced summer, fall and winter in 2 months! Three days ago we left the Region of Castile y Leon in which we have been for 3 weeks. We entered Galicia where we experienced our last large climb from Posted by CraigVivian in Craig & Vivian Walk the Camino | Nov 7, 2014
- Invalid ticket at AlhambraWe were in Granada visiting the most popular tourist attraction – Alhambra Palace. Visitors have to book tickets in advance as one may not get tickets if you just decided to walk in. This is because only a limited Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Nov 6, 2014
- Midterms, Midterms, MidtermsHello everybody,
Sadly, I don't have much to update about this week since I spent most of last weekend under a pile of homework and studying for midterms, but I wanted to check in and let you know that I Posted by TrixiStella in Don't Worry, I'm Just Panicking | Nov 4, 2014
- San Sebastián, Spain[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/700620/6FD6BD28E1A9B278760125F8787B1F Posted by saltydog4481 in Where's Harry? | Nov 2, 2014
- Weary PilgrimThis is the famous statue of the "Weary Pilgrim" with his sandals off on Plaza San Marcos in Leon gracing the front of the fabulous 16th century, El Hostal de San Marcos. This Parador was our home for 2 Posted by CraigVivian in Craig & Vivian Walk the Camino | Nov 2, 2014
- Feet Don't Fail Me NowI've walked the longest road
So don't fail me now, feet don't fail me now
I've never got this close
So don't fail me now, feet don't fail me now
I see you in the distance
It won't be long before you're mine
I've never got Posted by CraigVivian in Craig & Vivian Walk the Camino | Nov 2, 2014
- Me Llaman David"Deje' una vida de excesos, de obsesiones y de adicciones, y todas las terapias habidas y por haber, para llegar aquí, y con poco vivir en la abundancia. Ya no fumo, no tomo alcohol, no consumo drogas. Sane' desde el Posted by CraigVivian in Craig & Vivian Walk the Camino | Nov 2, 2014
- Alhambra Palace, Granada
In a quiet little town in south of Spain, is the Alhambra palace (which literally means "the red one"). One of the most iconic tourist attraction and perhaps the only palace with Islami Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Nov 2, 2014
- Day 148 - SegoviaToday we did more of a similar nature to yesterday, walking and exploring the town of Segovia with two specific places in mind to visit - Segovia Cathedral and Segovia Alcazar. It was a bit cooler today as we started Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Nov 1, 2014
- Day 147 - SegoviaToday was a great day wandering around the town and exploring some of its attractions. The bonus was that some of these attractions were free of charge today for some reason.
We started our day by walking down into the town Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Oct 30, 2014
- Danyons time in Fuente PalmelaFuente Palmera is a little dusty town in a tumbleweed countryside. And we had to bounce over stones, slosh through creeks and hold on for our lives to get to our new accommodation. The house was located inside a walled Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Oct 30, 2014
- Day 146 - drive to SegoviaHaving let Francisco know that we would be leaving around 10am, he planned to meet us then for payment. However, we were all packed by 9.40am so we happily filled in time playing pool and table tennis. This house and Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Oct 29, 2014
- Day 145 - Fuente PalmeraWe awoke today to the sound of silence out in the Spanish country side. The sun was shining and drying out the red earth, the olive groves and new crop pastures stretching as far as the eye can see. Awesome.
After Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Oct 29, 2014
- Day 144 - drive to Fuente PalmeraWe were up early and packed and leaving Benalmadena by about 9:30am. We had the advantage of an extra hours sleep last night as europe changed the clocks for daylight saving. Now 12 hours difference with NZ.
Our first stop today Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Oct 29, 2014
- Over the Mountains and through the WoodsHello all,
As some of you may know, I have been looking high and low for signs of Fall ever since October rolled around. Fall is a beautiful thing! Crunchy leaves; the smell of wet grass; that breezy, crisp fresh Posted by TrixiStella in Don't Worry, I'm Just Panicking | Oct 29, 2014
- An encounter with Pablo Picasso’s work
I was looking forward to exploring Madrid, I had done some research on the place and was thinking of walking in and around the city – parks, plazas etc, but then we decided to visit the Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Oct 27, 2014
- Day 143 - BioParc After yesterday we were really keen to have a fun day and blow away the tiredness. It's been difficult sleeping here with the street noise and the heat.
So, Rowan went down to the office and gathered a ton of Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Oct 27, 2014
- Day 142 - Granada, JaenToday was just one of THOSE days.
It actually bothers me to even write about it - I'd just like to forget it and move on!!
OK, here goes...
Alhambra is a moorish palace in Granada. The internet photo look amazing. It was Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Oct 27, 2014
- Day 141 - BenalmadenaI still have a cold with my nose running like a tap today. A quiet day is in store for us again.
Tori is working on the travel budget to see where things are at. She has done a fantastic job Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Oct 27, 2014
- Day 140 - Ronda
We'd planned to head to Granada today, but Ro has a bit of a cold so we slept in a bit and headed east to Ronda instead. I was really looking forward to seeing Ronda, as I'd researched it a Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Oct 27, 2014
- Day 139 - Benalmadena, Marbella
Today I woke up with a wicked sore throat. Not good.
This morning we wandered the beach front and promenade. It is very very hot today. The beaches are very typically Costa del Sol, complete with loungers and umbrellas to rent Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Oct 27, 2014
- Day 138 - drive to BenalmadenaCheck out time is midday today, but we were up and getting sorted and we're done about 11am so we got on the road. At first the road takes us along the coast where one beach town blends with the Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Oct 27, 2014
- Halfway across SpainLast Tuesday we passed Sahagún. Sahagún is halfway between Roncesvalles and Santiago de Compostela on the Camino Frances in Spain. We entered Spain October 4th. We are now in Leon. We slept 14 hours last night as our bodies try Posted by CraigVivian in Craig & Vivian Walk the Camino | Oct 26, 2014
- The Road Most TravelledThe past 2 weeks we have been walking on portions of Roman roads that are 2,000 years old. The Romans built their roads 7 meters wide and raised the roadbed .6 to .8 meters using larger boulders below and then Posted by CraigVivian in Craig & Vivian Walk the Camino | Oct 26, 2014