- GranadaOur one day in Granada was spent well. We got up early and were hiking our way up the hill to get our tickets before 7.30. It was really cool and peaceful. We spent about 4 and a half hours Posted by YolandeElliott in Gav's and Yolande's Excellent Adventure | Aug 3, 2016
- Cordoba to Ronda - Thursday, 14 July 2016Hotel - Parador, Plaza de Espana, Ronda - Room 111 - hotel in a stunning location overlooking the gorge. In fact, dangling over the edge.
When we went to breakfast this morning, there were Roman ruins under our breakfast Posted by gaddingabout in Iberian Splendours | Aug 3, 2016
- Day 7: El Prado y mucho mas!My first morning on the continent begins late; I fear this is becoming a steady refrain, though at least I have staying up late to [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnXiy4D_I8g|watch history being made]] at the DNC as a reasonable excuse. By 1pm or so Posted by coolmcjazz in coolmcjourneys | Aug 3, 2016
- Granada to Cordoba - Wednesday, 13 July 2016Hotel - Palacio del Bailio, Cordoba - Room number 21
Before we left Granada, we visited Alhambra Palace. Our local guide was Lorena. Alhambra is a palace and fortress complex. It was originally constructed as a small fortress Posted by gaddingabout in Iberian Splendours | Aug 3, 2016
- Valencia to Granada - Tuesday, 12 July 2016Hotel - AC Palacio de Santa Paula Granada, Gran Via de Colon, 31, Granada - Room 225
On the bus and driving through the countryside and stopped for lunch at La Parada de Puerto Lumbreras.
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/562028/20160712_ Posted by gaddingabout in Iberian Splendours | Aug 3, 2016
- Viduržemiai. SugrįžimasKaršta Barselonoj dieną iki 32-jų naktį 25 temstant tiesiai nuo lėktuvo traukinio atvykstu į laivą vandens geriamo nėr dujų nėr laivas nelabai svetingai pasitinka džiugu kad sulaukė be kitokių siurprizų nes audrų su rimtais škvalais čia bent pora ritosi k Posted by gramas in MENKĖ PO LOVA | Aug 2, 2016
- Seville 2Just a brief one to say our luggage is with us and we are in Granada. Posted by YolandeElliott in Gav's and Yolande's Excellent Adventure | Aug 2, 2016
- Day 6: Walking On Air, Against My Better Judgment!After two consecutive days of DNC-inspired sleeping in, I’m overdue for an early morning according to the actual local time. And this slated to be a big travel day, jumping across the pond to the continent to begin the truly Posted by coolmcjazz in coolmcjourneys | Aug 2, 2016
- SevilleThings have turned sour a bit. Left my rings at Le Fousseret but Philippe is sending them to Adelaide. Then we experienced that sinking feeling when the luggage carousel stopped and our luggage wasn't on it. Lodged the details with Posted by YolandeElliott in Gav's and Yolande's Excellent Adventure | Aug 1, 2016
- Toulouse and SevilleGot up at the usual time to be ready for breaky but Marie was running late. Anyway we had breaky, had a chat with Philippe again and found out that he works in Toulouse. They are Catholics and he is Posted by YolandeElliott in Gav's and Yolande's Excellent Adventure | Jul 31, 2016
- Mallorca by Sea24 members from the Balboa Yacht Club, Newport Beach,California headed out on a flotilla of boats to explore the southeast coast of Mallorca. The weather was great and even allowed for some good sailing in an breeze building to 20 Posted by Kim MaGee in Warm and Windy Tour | Jul 28, 2016
- Mallorca by LandTest Joined by our Canadian friends Jane and Chris Burchell, we spent a week exploring the beautiful island of Mallorca. The photo is lunch at the seaside town of Estellencs, about and hour Posted by Kim MaGee in Warm and Windy Tour | Jul 28, 2016
- Barcelona to Valencia - Monday, 11 July 2016Hotel - Hospes Palau De La Mar, Navarro Reverter, 14, Valencia - Room 207
Up at 6.30 am, bags packed and down for our last breakfast in Barcelona, and on the bus by 8.45 am for the drive to Valencia.
We drove Posted by gaddingabout in Iberian Splendours | Jul 25, 2016
- HOSTEL LIFE -day 1Ok time to check in. Lynne and I are staying in a 8 bed female dormitory at Cat's Hostel. I have always stayed in hostels when I travel and wouldn't have done it any other way. But this is the Posted by meg elizabeth in American Girl in Spain | Jul 19, 2016
- Seville - Saturday, 16 July 2016Hotel - Melia Colon, Sevilla, Canalejas, 1, Seville - Room 421
Went down for breakfast at 7 am, only to discover that it was 7.30 am on weekends. We took the opportunity to have a little walk around the streets Posted by gaddingabout in Iberian Splendours | Jul 16, 2016
- Barcelona - Sunday, 10 July 2016Hotel - 1898 Barcelona, La Rambla, 109, Barcelona - Room 340
Set the alarm for 6 am which gave us plenty of time to get ready for breakfast at 7 am. We are having a city tour this morning. Posted by gaddingabout in Iberian Splendours | Jul 16, 2016
- Ronda to Seville - Friday, 15 July 2016Hotel - Melia Colon, Sevilla, Canalejas, 1, Seville - Room 421
We woke this morning to hear the dreadful news that a terrorist in a truck had killed 84 people in Nice on Bastille Day. So sad! Let us Posted by gaddingabout in Iberian Splendours | Jul 15, 2016
- Barcelona Pt. 2We were back! But only for a few days before our flight to Morocco. We weren't keen to spend much money so we spent the a day walking along soaking in Gaudi's buildings again and attending to different tasks. One Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Jul 11, 2016
- Day 14 with Leo: The Final HoursWas our longest day yet for different reasons.
Firstly, it was one of the farthest distances we were driving in able to drop off Leo and get to our hostel in Barcelona. At first everything was going smoothly but the Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Jul 11, 2016
- Day 11/12/13 with Leo: Basque Country===Day 11 with Leo:===
Was time to move on and said goodbye (again) to Anni and wished her luck on her travel journey.
As we transited back to Leo we started to feel very nervous, worrying that he may not still Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Jul 11, 2016
- Day 9/10 with Leo: Madrid===Day 9 with Leo:===
We were rudely awoken by the local dogs and roosters and we finally dragged ourselves out into the mist.. A mere 2 hours from the Spanish border, we were excited to arrive in the country's capitol, Madrid. Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Jul 11, 2016
- Barcelona - Saturday, 9 July 2016Hotel - 1898 Barcelona, La Rambla, 109, Barcelona - Room 340.
We both woke up at about 5.30 am and promptly went back to sleep and woke with a start at 8.30 am. Grant Fuller made contact with us on Posted by gaddingabout in Iberian Splendours | Jul 9, 2016
- Barcelona - Friday, 8 July 2016Hotel - 1898 Barcelona, La Rambla, 109, Barcelona - Room 340
After our big 12 hour sleep, we are feeling reasonably normal so showered and dressed and wandered down for breakfast. There weren't many people around and we haven't met Posted by gaddingabout in Iberian Splendours | Jul 9, 2016
- Hong Kong to Zurich to Barcelona - Thursday, 7 July 2016Our flight was supposed to leave Hong Kong at 11.35 pm. We all boarded on time and then sat in the aircraft for two hours, before we took off. Apparently there was a computer malfunction which is a Posted by gaddingabout in Iberian Splendours | Jul 8, 2016
- Viduržemiai. Kraujas liejasi laisvai.Iš Maljorkos išplaukėm vidurdienį, kad iki kito vidurdienio pasiekti Barselonos pakrantes. Pūtė visai smagus brizas nuo jūros į salą, bet vistiek užtrukom, kol aštriais kursais išvendavom iš Polenca įlankos į atvirus vandenis. O jau ten - kursas į Šiaurę, Posted by gramas in MENKĖ PO LOVA | Jun 30, 2016