- NilaveliSo here it is, the last blog of the trip from India and Sri Lanka. There will probably be one from Amsterdam as we are spending three days there with our niece. It is sad to be winding down our Posted by Bigstick333 in Tea and Spice Tour | Apr 16, 2015
- Sri Lankan Ancient Cities - Dambulla, Sigiriya, PollonaruwaOur four days visiting the Ancient cities were some of the highlights of our trip. The days weren't filled with too many activities but the places we went to and the scenery we saw were just amazing. I know I Posted by Bigstick333 in Tea and Spice Tour | Apr 14, 2015
- KandyAfter stopping at World's End we headed to Kandy. Kandy is situated pretty much in the middle of Sri Lanka and is the third largest city behind Colombo and Jaffna, which is in the north. Kandy is important in the Posted by Bigstick333 in Tea and Spice Tour | Apr 11, 2015
- Haputale and Horton Plains National ParkThe next stop on our fabulous trip was Haputale, which is located in the Central district, also known as the highlands. For being an Island country, Sri Lanka has a big diversity in scenery. From the beach to mountains in Posted by Bigstick333 in Tea and Spice Tour | Apr 10, 2015
- Galle and UnawatunaIt is getting to the end of our trip and I am behind about a week and several stops. The internet over the last few days has been hit and miss. I will be combining a couple of the stops, Posted by Bigstick333 in Tea and Spice Tour | Apr 8, 2015
- Colombo, Sri LankaWe have now moved on into Sri Lanka. We flew from Madurai, India direct to Colombo. Fran and I got off the plane, picked up a sim card for the phone, arranged a pre-paid taxi to our hotel and stared Posted by Bigstick333 in Tea and Spice Tour | Apr 5, 2015
- aljksfhkljah alkshfdlkajh lkfjha Posted by meloun in My Test Trip | Mar 25, 2015
- asdf asfdas df asf dfgaasf Posted by meloun in My Test Trip | Mar 25, 2015
- 2) Sri Lanka==Sri Lanka==
I like Sri Lanka. It's kind of an upmarket India where people have mostly learnt to put their rubbish in the bin and not on the floor. It also seems that more people have at least something, whereas Posted by jayandmat2015 in Jay & Mat's Travel Blog | Mar 10, 2015
- RoadschoolingMaybe it's because my grandfather was a teacher. Or maybe its because it's that I spent my first several years of school at an unconventional school. Either way, I've always thought that homeschooling was a rather foolish idea (sorry homeschoolers).
Du Posted by McNouye in McNouye | Mar 2, 2015
- El Panico
Armed with a return flight to Colombo (now refunded) it’s just a short hop over Palk Straight to beautiful Kerala.
Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Feb 25, 2015
- Ancient Galle
The gorgeous colonial Sun House was our destination, where we hid from the stifling heat in the frangipani and mango grove around the pool. As the sun dipped we headed into Galle Fort, a Une Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Feb 10, 2015
- Wildlife and surf on the south coast
We decided to avoid peak-gringo-season Mirissa and headed for the smaller beach side charms of Midigama dreaming of golden sands, great surf and abundant wildlife. Senya’s Guesthouse would b Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Feb 10, 2015
- Arugam Bay
Last minute change of plan and a quick 8 hour bus ride later we ended up on the East coast in off-season Arugam Bay. Off-season apparently means great rooms, cheap prices, glorious sunshine, Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Feb 7, 2015
- Following Thomas Lipton to the misty tea fields of Haputale
From Ella going to Haputale was a step backwards geographically and we were debating whether to go back on ourselves or not, but the decision was the right one. We were rewarded with incredib Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Feb 7, 2015
- Beautiful Hill Country Village of Ella
Our tuktuk from the station dropped us in the countryside just outside Ella town where we had the pleasure of staying at Waterfalls Guesthouse. We stayed in the Jungle Room, which boasted in Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Feb 7, 2015
- Sri Lanka - Sigiriya and Kandy2nd January
Dilan picks us up and we set off towards Sigiriya. Not long into the drive we pass a river and spot the most beautiful kingfisher. We stop the car so I can grab a photo of it Posted by rduignan in A year together | Feb 4, 2015
- Pilgramage to Adams Peak
We stepped straight off the train at Hatton onto the bus to Dalhousie in the afternoon so we could check-in and get an early night for the 1am wake-up call to start the 7km climb up Adam’s Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Feb 1, 2015
Kandy was not a gentle introduction to the famed hill country of the teardrop isle. However we enjoyed mingling with the locals around Kandy Lake and the stay at St Bridget’s Guesthouse was we Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Feb 1, 2015
- Feeling hot hot hot (and sweaty) in Colombo
Our first experience of homestay accommodation was a treat, our host Mettha was a wealth of knowledge on colonial Sri Lanka and made us feel instantly welcome in her country. Exploring the Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Feb 1, 2015
- Thumbe School: An interview with Taro and KiyoshiAUDREY: WHAT DID YOU LIKE BEST ABOUT THE DAY?
KIDS: I liked the dancers because they wore cool costumes and did cool cool dances.
AUDREY: DID THE STUDENTS TALK TO YOU?
KIDS: They talked to m a lot. They all wanted to talk Posted by McNouye in McNouye | Mar 2, 2015
- A big thank you to UKFG and Thumbe School!When my British cousin Rob mentioned that his son donated money to a school in Sri Lanka through an organization called United Kingdom Friends of Galle (UKFG), I thought that would be a great project for us too. We could Posted by McNouye in McNouye | Mar 2, 2015
- Sri Lanka - Wallawa and Ulagalla 28th December
As we head to the airport for our flight to Sri Lanka news of the Air Asia crash is just filtering in and not what we needed just before we board our Air Malaysia flight (not an airline Posted by rduignan in A year together | Jan 23, 2015
- Yala SafariBy Taro: At first I was really excited, but then I got a wake up call saying "wake up for the safari today". It was 5 in the morning. By that time I totally forgot about the Posted by McNouye in McNouye | Jan 22, 2015
- Sri LankaIf you thought that a week long trip to Sri Lanka can just be about the sun, the sea, and the beaches - THINK AGAIN. You can squeeze in mountains, tea plantations, culture and the opportunity to interact with the Posted by Ceej in Around the world .... | Jan 20, 2015