- Sri LankaFriday - afternoon we landed in Sri Lanka in Colmobo aiport. Once we had got outside of the airport, instantly we were surrounded by 6 men asking did we want a taxi they give us good price...blah blah! Alls we Posted by livetotravel14 in Our Big Adventure... | Mar 1, 2014
- Sri Lankan GemsThis is a little out of sequence but I thought it was interesting enough to include one final post for this blog. To break up the long drives, our tour leader would often stop to show us the work of Posted by Andrea R in Andrea's Asian Adventures | Feb 11, 2014
- Around Bentota Beach[center][/center]
It occurred to me a while back that this is more of a wildlife/nature holiday than my previous forays into Asia, which have been more focused on culture. So it should not Posted by Andrea R in Andrea's Asian Adventures | Feb 9, 2014
If you look at the map of my trip, you may think it was a long way to go out of the way for a 2hr (plus travel time from the hotel) game-spotting drive in the south-east Posted by Andrea R in Andrea's Asian Adventures | Feb 8, 2014
- Nuwara Eliya[center][/center]
Most of Sri Lanka is tropical jungle, a bit like the Malay Peninsula, but Nuwara Eliya (aka Little England or Little Scotland) and surrounds could be twinned with Tasmania Posted by Andrea R in Andrea's Asian Adventures | Feb 7, 2014
- In Kandy[center][/center]
Just a quick post to show you one of my Kandy highlights, the Peradeniya Botanical Garden. Of the four botanic gardens in Sri Lanka, the one just outside Kandy is the la Posted by Andrea R in Andrea's Asian Adventures | Feb 6, 2014
- From Dambulla to Kandy
Distances in Sri Lanka are not vast, but it takes a long time to get anywhere. This is partly due to the roads, but also because minibuses and other larger vehicles are speed-limited. To b Posted by Andrea R in Andrea's Asian Adventures | Feb 2, 2014
- The Cultural Triangle[center][/center]
In the cultural triangle of Sri Lanka to see the treasures of the ancient cities (three world heritage sites in three days), with a couple of elephant-based activities th Posted by Andrea R in Andrea's Asian Adventures | Jan 30, 2014
- Visiting my Native countrySri Lanka is our native land. Most of our relations still live there. Sri Lanka has and will always have a special place in our heart. We have been travelling to different parts of the world, but visiting Sri Lanka Posted by fernando65 in Exploring Sri Lanka | Jan 4, 2014
- Work & pleasure in Sri LankaWelcome to Sri Lanka – a country that surprised us in many ways! In geography, looks like a tiny country, in population, 21 million! Believe it or not... same as Australia! A country with full of smiling and caring people, Posted by Ebadis.AAAtrip in M&S AAA trip! | Jan 1, 2014
- 2013 B1 OCEANIA - CEYLONGoing to a tea plantation today. This is a long but interesting ride though Columbo which has suburbs stretching for miles, & then out into the hills.
DON'T KNOW WHAT THIS STRUCTURE IS.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/645621/l Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 23, 2005
- Snapshot of the Week: The Madhu River===This was taken last year when I visited SriLanka. Located 25km from Hikkaduwa, this river is the second largest wetland habitat in the country. It is a home to over 300 species of aquatic plants and animals. I enjoyed the Posted by worldmeetsearl in WORLD MEETS EARL | Dec 18, 2013
- Buses, Beaches, Bastards & Bad LuckSo I finally made it to Ella on a bastardly Russian train journey arriving around 3pm. I was absolutely haggard-tired after having not slept all night so checked into an expensive (£15 a night) guesthouse overlooking the tunning Ella gap, Posted by Lady-K in Around The World - Trip 2 | Dec 15, 2013
- Tour in SriLanka: A Blessing in Disguise (Part 1)It was a year ago when I visited SriLanka and I admit, it was not part of our travel plan. Me and my colleague were supposed to go to Egypt for a week-long holiday, but things turned out differently when Posted by worldmeetsearl in WORLD MEETS EARL | Dec 12, 2013
- THE DRIVE NORTH TO END OUR TRIP - FAREWELL HENRY
Friday 29th November (day 90)
We checked out of our hotel, thanking them for our 4 night stay most enjoyable. With Henry loaded up we drove down to our usual breakfast restaurant.
Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2014 - YES WE ARE STILL ON THE SAME TRIP | Dec 4, 2013
- End of the RoadUnbelievably today marks exactly one year since we left the UK on our long, long flight to Singapore. It has been one of the best years of our lives. Anyone that knows us will know just how much fun we Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Dec 2, 2013
- Ruined Cities, Ruined Faces, Ruined Legs, oh & Elephants :)So Leaving Kandy after stealing some wifi from Pizza Hut (which by the way is a rather grand affair in Sri Lanka and even features a grand piano), we were on the bus making our way to Polynarrua thankfully with Posted by Lady-K in Around The World - Trip 2 | Nov 30, 2013
- Henry meets Mirissa and has a holiday!
Monday 25th November 13 (day 86)
We woke fairly early to a brilliant sunny day. Was almost temped to go for a swim in the ocean before breakfast but it was a little rough here at Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2014 - YES WE ARE STILL ON THE SAME TRIP | Nov 30, 2013
- Henry heads to the beach.
Saturday 23rd November 13 (day 84)
Time to leave Ella, we had stayed 3 nights and it was most enjoyable but it was time to head for the coast.
Heading out of the hill country we coul Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2014 - YES WE ARE STILL ON THE SAME TRIP | Nov 30, 2013
- Henry meets Ella!
Wednesday 20th November 13 (day 81)
Breakfast was ordered at 9.30 so we were up just before. We were given toast, butter & jam, fresh fruit juice and a pot of tea. Also offered was Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2014 - YES WE ARE STILL ON THE SAME TRIP | Nov 30, 2013
- Diving in hikkaduwaSorry to disappoint our adoring fans (mainly just our mums, dads and grandparents) but our time in Hikkaduwa has been spent doing nothing at all. We have been spending time at the beach everyday, laying in the sunshine, drinking and Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Nov 29, 2013
- Sun, Sea, Sand, Summits and Sex Pests - Sri LankaWell I was going to save this for when I get home but there's only so much lazing on a beach one can do before horrible crippling sunburn sets in and forces you to do nothing for 2 or 3 Posted by Lady-K in Around The World - Trip 2 | Nov 29, 2013
- AND INTO THE HILLS HENRY CLIMBS
Monday 18th November 13 (day 79)
We set an alarm this morning as we had agreed to have breakfast at 9am. For just Rs350 ($3) we were served fruit, toast, butter & jam and 2 boiled eggs Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2014 - YES WE ARE STILL ON THE SAME TRIP | Nov 22, 2013
- TUK TUK FROM RUINS TO A BIG ROCK
Sunday 17 Nov 13 (day 78)
Last night at some ungodly hour, some kind of procession passed by on the street. No idea what it was about, a lot of men wailing or I guess it could Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2014 - YES WE ARE STILL ON THE SAME TRIP | Nov 22, 2013
- AND HENRY THE TUK TUK HEADS NORTH
Saturday 16th November 13 (day 77)
Rocky was on time delivering the tuk tuk, we were running late, amazing how much you can catch up on lost sleep.
Paperwork filled in we were advise Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2014 - YES WE ARE STILL ON THE SAME TRIP | Nov 22, 2013