- THE DRIVE NORTH TO END OUR TRIP - FAREWELL HENRY
Friday 29th November (day 90)
We checked out of our hotel, thanking them for our 4 night stay most enjoyable. With Henry loaded up we drove down to our usual breakfast restaurant.
Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2015 tour de spoke n stroke | Dec 4, 2013
- End of the RoadUnbelievably today marks exactly one year since we left the UK on our long, long flight to Singapore. It has been one of the best years of our lives. Anyone that knows us will know just how much fun we Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Dec 2, 2013
- Ruined Cities, Ruined Faces, Ruined Legs, oh & Elephants :)So Leaving Kandy after stealing some wifi from Pizza Hut (which by the way is a rather grand affair in Sri Lanka and even features a grand piano), we were on the bus making our way to Polynarrua thankfully with Posted by Lady-K in Incredulous Tales from a Naïve Traveller | Nov 30, 2013
- Henry meets Mirissa and has a holiday!
Monday 25th November 13 (day 86)
We woke fairly early to a brilliant sunny day. Was almost temped to go for a swim in the ocean before breakfast but it was a little rough here at Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2015 tour de spoke n stroke | Nov 30, 2013
- Henry heads to the beach.
Saturday 23rd November 13 (day 84)
Time to leave Ella, we had stayed 3 nights and it was most enjoyable but it was time to head for the coast.
Heading out of the hill country we coul Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2015 tour de spoke n stroke | Nov 30, 2013
- Henry meets Ella!
Wednesday 20th November 13 (day 81)
Breakfast was ordered at 9.30 so we were up just before. We were given toast, butter & jam, fresh fruit juice and a pot of tea. Also offered was Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2015 tour de spoke n stroke | Nov 30, 2013
- Diving in hikkaduwaSorry to disappoint our adoring fans (mainly just our mums, dads and grandparents) but our time in Hikkaduwa has been spent doing nothing at all. We have been spending time at the beach everyday, laying in the sunshine, drinking and Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Nov 29, 2013
- Sun, Sea, Sand, Summits and Sex Pests - Sri LankaWell I was going to save this for when I get home but there's only so much lazing on a beach one can do before horrible crippling sunburn sets in and forces you to do nothing for 2 or 3 Posted by Lady-K in Incredulous Tales from a Naïve Traveller | Nov 29, 2013
- AND INTO THE HILLS HENRY CLIMBS
Monday 18th November 13 (day 79)
We set an alarm this morning as we had agreed to have breakfast at 9am. For just Rs350 ($3) we were served fruit, toast, butter & jam and 2 boiled eggs Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2015 tour de spoke n stroke | Nov 22, 2013
- TUK TUK FROM RUINS TO A BIG ROCK
Sunday 17 Nov 13 (day 78)
Last night at some ungodly hour, some kind of procession passed by on the street. No idea what it was about, a lot of men wailing or I guess it could Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2015 tour de spoke n stroke | Nov 22, 2013
- AND HENRY THE TUK TUK HEADS NORTH
Saturday 16th November 13 (day 77)
Rocky was on time delivering the tuk tuk, we were running late, amazing how much you can catch up on lost sleep.
Paperwork filled in we were advise Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2015 tour de spoke n stroke | Nov 22, 2013
- FROM THE NORTH TO THE SOUTH - MOROCCO TO SRI LANKA
Friday 15th November 13 (day 76)
Flight from Casablanca (Morocco) to Doha (Qatar) took about 6 1/2 hours. First time flying with Qatar airlines and it was ok. We had our own enterta Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2015 tour de spoke n stroke | Nov 22, 2013
- On the road to Hikkaduwa We thoroughly enjoyed cycling around and experiencing Jaffna and had one more day to explore. We decided to go for a walk and ventured into town on foot. The weather in Jaffna has been scorching and we arrived hot and Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Nov 21, 2013
- Cycling the vibrant streets of Jaffna. After a relaxing week in Uppuvelli, an amazing underwater adventure in Pigeon Island and just about as much reading and walking on the beach as we could handle we decided to move on. Our guest house informed us of the Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Nov 18, 2013
- Snorkeling Pigeon Island, NilaveliOur plan was to visit Nilaveli yesterday, but when we woke it was overcast and rain threatened so it was an easy call to give it a miss. Instead we went for a walk along the main road of Uppuveli Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Nov 14, 2013
- Exploring the EastLeaving Anuradhapura a few days ago was more complicated that we thought it would be. There are some major roadworks on the Auradhapura - Trincomolee road, meaning that the direct bus currently no longer runs. Thankfully there was a helpful Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Nov 11, 2013
- Exploring the new town of AnuradhapuraSince we explored most of the ancient cities yesterday we decided today to have a walk into the new town and investigate the streets. From our guest house it is around a twenty minute walk down a main road into Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Nov 7, 2013
- The Ancient City of AnarudhapuraYesterday we left Colombo to make our way north. Our first stop is Anuradhapura, part of the cultural triangle of Sri Lanka, it is the location of an ancient city littered with stupas and temples. Our bus journey from Colombo Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Nov 7, 2013
- Diving in Unawatuna Upon leaving our beach hut we just couldn't resist a few more days on the coast before heading in land and caught the local bus to Unawatuna. We decided to go diving again as last time wasn't so successful as Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Nov 5, 2013
- Our last week in MirissaSaturday morning we finally left our green beach bungalow. We were sad to go, it was so tempting to just stay there until we return back to England, but we have to make the most of our final month, and Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Nov 3, 2013
- Mirissa photoblogSince our last post we are still enjoying waking up to a stunning view every morning.
The weather on the South coast has been erratic at the least and we have Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Oct 24, 2013
- Sri Lanka We our now on our next adventure, having departed October 1, with our return back to Seattle on November 14.
We began our trip in Sri Lanka, and will continue onto eastern India, Bangladesh, and finish up in Myanmar.
Here Posted by janejoe in Sri Lanka, E.India, Bangladesh & Myanmar | Oct 11, 2013
- Our week in pictures, MirissaOur first week in our little green house has been lovely and we have thoroughly enjoyed living on the beach.
Our time has been spent playing in the huge waves and relaxing on our balcony. We have acquired some new friends Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Oct 10, 2013
- Monday 30th Sept – Friday 4th Oct
Monday we spent in Marissa swimming at the beach before leaving for Unawatuna on Tuesday.
Tuesday we walked around the old Dutch town of Galle and the markets we are staying in Unawatuna tonight another small touristy town on the Posted by CraigHel in Sri Lanka 2013 | Oct 4, 2013
- Finding our new home in MirissaWe left Colombo first thing Tuesday morning, and jumped on the local bus again. It was a hell of a long ride back to Mirissa but was worth it when we finally stepped back on to the beach.
We found a Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Oct 3, 2013