- Snorkeling Pigeon Island, NilaveliOur plan was to visit Nilaveli yesterday, but when we woke it was overcast and rain threatened so it was an easy call to give it a miss. Instead we went for a walk along the main road of Uppuveli Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Nov 14, 2013
- Exploring the EastLeaving Anuradhapura a few days ago was more complicated that we thought it would be. There are some major roadworks on the Auradhapura - Trincomolee road, meaning that the direct bus currently no longer runs. Thankfully there was a helpful Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Nov 11, 2013
- Exploring the new town of AnuradhapuraSince we explored most of the ancient cities yesterday we decided today to have a walk into the new town and investigate the streets. From our guest house it is around a twenty minute walk down a main road into Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Nov 7, 2013
- The Ancient City of AnarudhapuraYesterday we left Colombo to make our way north. Our first stop is Anuradhapura, part of the cultural triangle of Sri Lanka, it is the location of an ancient city littered with stupas and temples. Our bus journey from Colombo Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Nov 7, 2013
- Diving in Unawatuna Upon leaving our beach hut we just couldn't resist a few more days on the coast before heading in land and caught the local bus to Unawatuna. We decided to go diving again as last time wasn't so successful as Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Nov 5, 2013
- Our last week in MirissaSaturday morning we finally left our green beach bungalow. We were sad to go, it was so tempting to just stay there until we return back to England, but we have to make the most of our final month, and Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Nov 3, 2013
- Mirissa photoblogSince our last post we are still enjoying waking up to a stunning view every morning.
The weather on the South coast has been erratic at the least and we have Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Oct 24, 2013
- Sri Lanka We our now on our next adventure, having departed October 1, with our return back to Seattle on November 14.
We began our trip in Sri Lanka, and will continue onto eastern India, Bangladesh, and finish up in Myanmar.
Here Posted by janejoe in Sri Lanka, E.India, Bangladesh & Myanmar | Oct 11, 2013
- Our week in pictures, MirissaOur first week in our little green house has been lovely and we have thoroughly enjoyed living on the beach.
Our time has been spent playing in the huge waves and relaxing on our balcony. We have acquired some new friends Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Oct 10, 2013
- Monday 30th Sept – Friday 4th Oct
Monday we spent in Marissa swimming at the beach before leaving for Unawatuna on Tuesday.
Tuesday we walked around the old Dutch town of Galle and the markets we are staying in Unawatuna tonight another small touristy town on the Posted by CraigHel in Sri Lanka 2013 | Oct 4, 2013
- Finding our new home in MirissaWe left Colombo first thing Tuesday morning, and jumped on the local bus again. It was a hell of a long ride back to Mirissa but was worth it when we finally stepped back on to the beach.
We found a Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Oct 3, 2013
- Sunday 29th Sept This morning Andrew took us to Unawatuna about 30 minutes drive from Mirissa to sus out a place to stay for when we go there on Tuesday. We found a nice place and then went into the town of Galle Posted by CraigHel in Sri Lanka 2013 | Oct 1, 2013
- Saturday 28th SeptThe jeep for the national park picked us up from our hotel nice and early at 5.30am to be at Uda Walawe National Park by 6am. We were lucky enough to see quite a lot of Asian elephants including babies, Posted by CraigHel in Sri Lanka 2013 | Oct 1, 2013
- Friday 27th SepThis morning we left Tangalla to head inland to stay in a town called Embilipitiya, we are staying here for a night as it is close to Uda Walawe National Park so it means we will be able to get Posted by CraigHel in Sri Lanka 2013 | Oct 1, 2013
- An Update from ColomboSince Saturday we have been in Colombo. We were sad to leave out beach bum life that has been the previous ten days but with a flight in a weeks time we needed to sort out our Indian Visa.
As always Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Sep 30, 2013
- The beach life in UnawatunaWe were sad to leave Mirissa, it has been our favourite beach so far, but we wanted to move on and see more of the coast. Working our way back towards Galle our next step is Unawatuna.
It was easy enough Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Sep 27, 2013
- Monday 23rd Sept – Thursday 26th SeptOur last day in Hikkadua was spent lazing on the beach, Craig spotted a turtle in the ocean right out the front of our hotel, the next morning we packed up and moved on to another smaller beach town further Posted by CraigHel in Sri Lanka 2013 | Sep 26, 2013
- Sunday 22nd Sept This morning after having breakfast on the beach and spotting a Kingfisher eating a mini crab whole, Andrew took us to a turtle hatchery about half an hour away from Hikkadua. We got to hold baby turtles and a bigger Posted by CraigHel in Sri Lanka 2013 | Sep 22, 2013
- Saturday 21st SeptThis morning we left Beruwala and drove through Bentota another coastal town and headed further south to Hikkaduwa where we are staying in a lovely hotel called Hotel Moon Beam. It is right on the beach and very central on Posted by CraigHel in Sri Lanka 2013 | Sep 22, 2013
- Sun, sea and the Search for Moby Dick in MirissaAfter our amazing late night watching turtles we decided to move on. We never normally spend just one night in a place but we were just to eager too see more of Sri Lanka. We checked out and sat in Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Sep 22, 2013
- Friday 20th SeptCraig and I both wanted to do a cookery class whilst in Sri Lanka and Andrew suggested we go to his house and his wife shows us the ropes of some local cuisine. So this morning after breakfast Andrew picked Posted by CraigHel in Sri Lanka 2013 | Sep 21, 2013
- Wilpattu National Park Today was a public holiday, Andrew met us at our Hotel Silver Sands at 7am as we planned to do a day trip north to Sri Lanka’s largest national park - Wilpattu National Park. It was a 2 hour drive Posted by CraigHel in Sri Lanka 2013 | Sep 20, 2013
- Getting a feel of Sri LankaWe awoke to the sounds of waves crashing the beach, Hotel Silver Sands is right on the beach which is actually more like gold sand and quite polluted. At midday our driver/guide who we had planned back in Australia to Posted by CraigHel in Sri Lanka 2013 | Sep 20, 2013
- Tropical Tangalle and Turtle watching at Rekawa BeachOur next stop from Galle was Tangalle, a beach town along the Souh coast. We had to get a local bus to Matara and another local bus to Tangalle, costing 60Rs each, per bus. The public transport in Sri Lanka Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Sep 20, 2013
- Love Me, Love My Dog
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/375530/arat Posted by Quah Khian Hu in THE ROOTS OF BANYAN TREE | Sep 18, 2013