- Finding our new home in MirissaWe left Colombo first thing Tuesday morning, and jumped on the local bus again. It was a hell of a long ride back to Mirissa but was worth it when we finally stepped back on to the beach.
We found a Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Oct 3, 2013
- Sunday 29th Sept This morning Andrew took us to Unawatuna about 30 minutes drive from Mirissa to sus out a place to stay for when we go there on Tuesday. We found a nice place and then went into the town of Galle Posted by CraigHel in Sri Lanka 2013 | Oct 1, 2013
- Saturday 28th SeptThe jeep for the national park picked us up from our hotel nice and early at 5.30am to be at Uda Walawe National Park by 6am. We were lucky enough to see quite a lot of Asian elephants including babies, Posted by CraigHel in Sri Lanka 2013 | Oct 1, 2013
- Friday 27th SepThis morning we left Tangalla to head inland to stay in a town called Embilipitiya, we are staying here for a night as it is close to Uda Walawe National Park so it means we will be able to get Posted by CraigHel in Sri Lanka 2013 | Oct 1, 2013
- An Update from ColomboSince Saturday we have been in Colombo. We were sad to leave out beach bum life that has been the previous ten days but with a flight in a weeks time we needed to sort out our Indian Visa.
As always Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Sep 30, 2013
- The beach life in UnawatunaWe were sad to leave Mirissa, it has been our favourite beach so far, but we wanted to move on and see more of the coast. Working our way back towards Galle our next step is Unawatuna.
It was easy enough Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Sep 27, 2013
- Monday 23rd Sept – Thursday 26th SeptOur last day in Hikkadua was spent lazing on the beach, Craig spotted a turtle in the ocean right out the front of our hotel, the next morning we packed up and moved on to another smaller beach town further Posted by CraigHel in Sri Lanka 2013 | Sep 26, 2013
- Sunday 22nd Sept This morning after having breakfast on the beach and spotting a Kingfisher eating a mini crab whole, Andrew took us to a turtle hatchery about half an hour away from Hikkadua. We got to hold baby turtles and a bigger Posted by CraigHel in Sri Lanka 2013 | Sep 22, 2013
- Saturday 21st SeptThis morning we left Beruwala and drove through Bentota another coastal town and headed further south to Hikkaduwa where we are staying in a lovely hotel called Hotel Moon Beam. It is right on the beach and very central on Posted by CraigHel in Sri Lanka 2013 | Sep 22, 2013
- Sun, sea and the Search for Moby Dick in MirissaAfter our amazing late night watching turtles we decided to move on. We never normally spend just one night in a place but we were just to eager too see more of Sri Lanka. We checked out and sat in Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Sep 22, 2013
- Friday 20th SeptCraig and I both wanted to do a cookery class whilst in Sri Lanka and Andrew suggested we go to his house and his wife shows us the ropes of some local cuisine. So this morning after breakfast Andrew picked Posted by CraigHel in Sri Lanka 2013 | Sep 21, 2013
- Wilpattu National Park Today was a public holiday, Andrew met us at our Hotel Silver Sands at 7am as we planned to do a day trip north to Sri Lanka’s largest national park - Wilpattu National Park. It was a 2 hour drive Posted by CraigHel in Sri Lanka 2013 | Sep 20, 2013
- Getting a feel of Sri LankaWe awoke to the sounds of waves crashing the beach, Hotel Silver Sands is right on the beach which is actually more like gold sand and quite polluted. At midday our driver/guide who we had planned back in Australia to Posted by CraigHel in Sri Lanka 2013 | Sep 20, 2013
- Tropical Tangalle and Turtle watching at Rekawa BeachOur next stop from Galle was Tangalle, a beach town along the Souh coast. We had to get a local bus to Matara and another local bus to Tangalle, costing 60Rs each, per bus. The public transport in Sri Lanka Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Sep 20, 2013
- Love Me, Love My Dog
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/375530/arat Posted by Quah Khian Hu in THE ROOTS OF BANYAN TREE | Sep 18, 2013
- Strolling around Fort Galle, Sri LankaOn our first full day in Galle we decided to see some of the main sights. Our first port of call was to find some breakfast. Galle is popular and so is very expensive compared to other places in Sri Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Sep 18, 2013
- Moving on to GalleAfter our excellent day at Sigiriya and the national park we were in two minds as to where to go next. Option one was to go further north to Anuradhapura, the ancient city of Sri Lanka or to begin our Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Sep 16, 2013
- A Fanatic Clam Eater
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/375530/2DC7FDE02219AC6817F59E7C3A6DCF7F.jpg caption= Posted by Quah Khian Hu in THE ROOTS OF BANYAN TREE | Sep 14, 2013
- Sigiriya and Minneriya National ParkYesterday we moved on from rainy Kandy via another cheap and easy local bus - just with a little help from a local to point us in the right direction of the bus we needed. Our destination was Habarana, Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Sep 13, 2013
- The Right Of Disposal
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/375530/cat4.jpg capt Posted by Quah Khian Hu in THE ROOTS OF BANYAN TREE | Sep 13, 2013
- The Sri Lanka Highlights TourOver the last 5 months we have visited most of Sri Lanka at a leisurely pace. With "the kids" coming for their summer vacation, we put together a 1 month, best-of tour. It was over in a blink. As they Posted by SpiceChronicles in The Spice Chronicles | Sep 12, 2013
- Exploring the Buddha Tooth Temple and the town of KandyWe clambered down our giant hill this morning in search of some cheap breakfast. It doesn't take long to walk into town from the hill where all the budget accommodation is and we found a tiny vegetarian place called Bagjis Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Sep 12, 2013
- Kandy, Our Cool Hilltop Retreat.
We had decided to get the local bus from Negombo to Kandy and so checked out promptly and went for some breakfast at a small local restaurant. We were immediately approached by a tuk-tuk driver who had seen we had Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Sep 10, 2013
- Our first Impressions of Sri Lanka and NegomboAfter a traffic jammed ride to the airport in Bangkoks rain we arrived at the airport ready to leave Southeast Asia. We checked in with no problems and were through to departures waiting for our plane. Liam was extremely nervous Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Sep 10, 2013
- Flies Picking An Underwear
My room adjoins the rear patio. The rear patio is jus Posted by Quah Khian Hu in THE ROOTS OF BANYAN TREE | Sep 9, 2013