- Yala SafariBy Taro: At first I was really excited, but then I got a wake up call saying "wake up for the safari today". It was 5 in the morning. By that time I totally forgot about the Posted by McNouye in McNouye | Jan 22, 2015
- Sri LankaIf you thought that a week long trip to Sri Lanka can just be about the sun, the sea, and the beaches - THINK AGAIN. You can squeeze in mountains, tea plantations, culture and the opportunity to interact with the Posted by Ceej in Around the world .... | Jan 20, 2015
- Mr. KaitoTo most of you, Kaito is a happy, curious, content little guy. With us, he has gained a bit of a reputation. He is often referred to as Mr. Uncooperative, The Destroyer, or Fearless. Traveling with Kaito is Posted by McNouye in McNouye | Jan 16, 2015
- In Canada that's not a Road..."It is better to travel well than to arrive" -Buddha
Once you arrive at a far away destination and get your feet on the ground you quickly start to notice how many things are different between our quiet lives in Canada Posted by McNouye in McNouye | Jan 14, 2015
- Sleepless in Sri LankaIt's funny the things you dread before you leave on a big trip like this. There were two things I was not looking forward to: home schooling and jet lag. It turns out that those were not the only thing Posted by McNouye in McNouye | Jan 7, 2015
- Sun, rain and tropical storm (typhoon) SeniangIt was two happy people arriving in Colombo after a short flight from Kuala Lumpor. We were looking forward to spend 14 days on the beach in Hikkaduwa, jumping into the waves and to take a long break from traveling.
We Posted by InTwoPlaces in South East Asia Winter 2014 - 2015 | Dec 28, 2014
- prvi postsamo testiram...bls bla Posted by pg-travel in Najini različni svetovi | Dec 27, 2014
- Sri Lanka, Land of Tea and Spices
After leaving the Maldives, we spent the next week touring Sri Lanka, a short 1.5 hour flight from the islands and 30 minute time change (wrap your brains around that one). This stop was Posted by tylerandshawna in Tyler and Shawna's Great Adventure | Dec 20, 2014
- Sri Lanka - Week 1
Welcome to our blog, we've put this together to share what we got up to on our honeymoon with you kind people who helped make it possible. We hope you enjoy reading abo Posted by Em_and_Melv in Our Honeymoon | Dec 11, 2014
- Anuradhapura/NegomboAnuradhapura proved to be the most interesting of the ancient cities, as well as the oldest, dating to approximately 400 BC. The city was abandoned after an invasion some 1300 years later, and the jungle took over until the British Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Nov 10, 2014
- Polonnarwu and Passikudah BeachAfter Sigiriya we continued to Polonnarwu, stopping first at Ritigala.
This is one of the more remote and less touristed sites on the cultural tour. And, because it is Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Nov 7, 2014
- SigiriyaAlthough we enjoyed the statues and paintings of Dambulla, it was Sigiyira that impressed us far more. Sticking out of the jungle by some 200 meters, the lions rock, as it is known, has been an ancient city Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Nov 4, 2014
- Dambulla The next morning we went to the Dambulla Caves with Lalinda, an hour or two drive from Kandy. By the time we got there it was already quite hot, which continued for our entire visit to the cultural triangle. Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Nov 1, 2014
- Sri Lanka - Largest Small Country in the World[center][left]Colombo
Nothing special as a city, Colombo was our stop because of the airport and Indian Visa Centre.
We arrive to from Male to Colombo on Korean airlines (100$), a cheaper alternative to Sri Lankan Airlines, and way less stingy compa Posted by Olga_Gogoleva in SE Asia | Oct 24, 2014
- My Pilgrimage to the HOLY LAND, where Jesus livedIt was something I desired to do for a long time. In fact my wife Chitra and I were to make this pilgrimage together. We did go together, to other places like Lourdes and Vatican in year 2000 and more Posted by MILROYW in My Holy Land Pilgrimage | Oct 14, 2014
- Sri Lanka: Negombo/KandyMadurai is just a short plane away from Colombo, and so we decided to make the jaunt over to this nearby island nation, now peaceful after many years of civil war. At the last minute we had to Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Sep 9, 2014
- Hello Sri Lanka!Have not even thought of going to Sri Lanka until I joined my company trip there recently. Albeit some hiccups here and there in the tour, our group of 19 people enjoyed it nonetheless. In fact I think only our Posted by puileng in My Adventures ... travel is my life ... | Sep 4, 2014
- Off to the island of ParadiseDay 1 Posted by LiznOli in Going East | Aug 30, 2014
- Sri LankaWe arrived at the half-moon bay off the coast of Galle, Sri Lanka, welcomed by colorful local fishing boats - which is a tradition in this port. Galle was to be a tender port which is always problematic on Posted by Culinerrion in Bangkok to Dubai - 2014 | Apr 18, 2014
- Return of ColomboWe were not particularly sad to be leaving Kandy as it had not been one of our favourite places, but we were sad to leave the hotel there. The hotel was extremely good and nothing was too much bother for Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Jun 29, 2014
- KandyWe left for Kandy on Monday morning and had to return over all the mountains we had previously arrived on. We would go up and up a mountain every turn was a hairpin bend, and then we would then go Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Jun 26, 2014
- Sri Lanka highlightsHow to sum up our visit to Sri Lanka...
* THE PEOPLE were ge Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Jun 25, 2014
- Broken RoadsWe left Ella by train to head for Nuwara Eliya. The station was absolutely gorgeous, very old fashioned and quaint. We had been booked tickets in first class, which was air conditioned, but we would have both, much preferred to Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Jun 22, 2014
- Third BaseI remained traumatised by our journey up the mountain to Ella for some time after arriving and Bill said it wasn't an experience that he would repeat in a hurry. The hotel certainly didn't help matters. The hotel was right Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Jun 20, 2014
- What goes up......We left the hotel in Mirissa around eight o'clock this morning. Our driver spent the five minutes before departure meditating and 'stroking' the steering wheel. In the first thirty five minutes of the journey the driver had stopped the car Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Jun 17, 2014