- City tripsVisa extensions and the possibility of finding more selection in toiletries require stops in bigger cities. With fresh haircuts and head massages from Janaka's barber shop in Ella, yup he cut mine too, we boarded a "1st class A/C luxury Posted by SpiceChronicles in The Spice Chronicles | May 4, 2013
- From Surf to TurfHaving spent over 6 weeks exploring beaches and coastal towns and with the festivities of the local New Year behind us, the time seemed ripe to rinse off the sand and head for the bush.
Although much smaller than Posted by SpiceChronicles in The Spice Chronicles | Apr 23, 2013
- Tangalle, April 09, 2013Just another day at the beach. The weather has been a little less stifling the last 2 days. Could it be that the days are getting cooler as we approach monsoon season here at the southern tip of Posted by SpiceChronicles in The Spice Chronicles | Apr 9, 2013
- Right type of shoes...Clogs comes very handy when travelling hot countries like Sri Lanka with the only disadvantage being entering in all sorts of dirt through the airing holes of the sandals. Wear clogs and you are less likely to remain with walking Posted by Pathum Rodrigo in Visit Sri Lanka | Apr 6, 2013
- Talalla Surf Camp - Sri LankaFour days in a row so far of surfing, morning and evenings, two hours each time. I am wiped out, but slowly getting back into shape. In the mornings I have to roll out of bed and pull myself up Posted by studneski in Studneski Family 2013 World Trip | Mar 29, 2013
- Yala National Park -Sri LankaYala National Park Safari was toooo much fun. We stayed two nights in a safari camp with WILD TRAILS SAFARIS. It has been most likely one of the funnest experiences I have ever had. Yala is full of animal life. Posted by studneski in Studneski Family 2013 World Trip | Mar 28, 2013
- Sri Lanka- Safari at Bundala National ParkWaking up at 5 am, jumping into the open cockpit of a safari style Land Crusier. The wind blew into my face as we raced through Tissamaharama town, toward Bundala National Park. A rush of adrenalin was pumping through my Posted by studneski in Studneski Family 2013 World Trip | Mar 21, 2013
- SRI LANKA - Kandy & EllaWell, all I can say is that if you have not yet been to Sri Lanka, you are missing one of the most incredible places on this planet.
The first thing you will notice when you arrive is that the people Posted by studneski in Studneski Family 2013 World Trip | Mar 18, 2013
- Sunny fun in Sri LankaWe made it to Sri Lanka, and have now been here for a wonderfully warm and relaxing fortnight and are loving it so far. China feels like a long time ago, but the last couple of weeks there were certainly Posted by pixies in Mr and Mrs Pixie Go Round the World | Mar 9, 2013
- The best of Sri Lanka in 5 days!
After a late night flight from Bali to Singapore, a day in the airport of sleeping on the floor and one more flight we made it to Sri Lanka late last Monday night Posted by apolloandathena in Adventure Extrodinaire! | Feb 26, 2013
- Living on the EdgeAlain and I arrived in Sri Lanka to a warm welcome in Negombo, a small city close to the Colombo airport. We were greeted at our guesthouse by Pathoum (pronounced 'Pa-toom') who scooped up our bags and told us Posted by Travelosophy in Views from the Road | Feb 15, 2013
- The backwaters and Sri LankaWe are currently staying in our nicest hotel yet as a treat after a disappointing first few days in Sri Lanka. We arrived delayed as there was such heavy rain in Colombo it meant we couldn't initially land, and then Posted by RozandRob in The Trip | Jan 28, 2013
- Long journey north![sub][/sub]Picking up where I left off..... a woke up a bit of a sore head from the night before. I walked into town to grab some food and to look at the prices for a tour up north. I Posted by LukeEllis in The journey of a thousand miles | Jan 27, 2013
- The single step!Well here we go! I'll try my best to make the blog interesting because anyone that knows me well will know that I don't have a very wide range of vocabulary! Here goes.........
So the build up began in London where Posted by LukeEllis in The journey of a thousand miles | Jan 21, 2013
- Sri LankaI flew from Myanmar to Sri Lanka passing back through Bangkok airport. I saw this sign and thought it was so hilarious. Notice the reception area for Buddhist monks. Only in Southeast Asia!!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/426759/large_DSC00184 Posted by kendallwallace in Wanderlust Wallace | Jan 17, 2013
- The Cave Temples of DambullaAfter Sigiriya, our next stop was Dambulla, a fairly big town in the Central Province of Sri Lanka, about 30min south of Sigiriya by car and about 70km north of Kandy. Dambulla is famous for the Cave Temple, a world Posted by arunbaliga in Arun Baliga@Travellers Point | Jan 3, 2013
- Sri Lanka an amazing land of vast natural beauty.We touched down at Colombo Airport at around 3.30am and were quickly through customs. There is an official taxi desk inside the airport so we arranged for a driver to take us to Colombo Fort railway station at a cost Posted by StephenJen in Stephen & Jen | Dec 31, 2012
- Sigiriya Rock FortressSigiriya rock fortress is a 5th Century AD fortress built on a large rock in the central Matale district (Central Province, Sri Lanka - about 20km from Dambulla town). The fortress had served as the capital for a short period Posted by arunbaliga in Arun Baliga@Travellers Point | Dec 21, 2012
- Arrival in Sri Lanka & off to SigiriyaArrived on 6th Dec @ the Bandaranaike Airport (CMB, about 15km from Negombo town, Sri Lanka) around afternoon via a short flight from India. Got my USDs converted to LKR at a Bank counter near the Airport exit. Also purchased Posted by arunbaliga in Arun Baliga@Travellers Point | Dec 21, 2012
- Travel planning for Sri Lanka from IndiaThe visa part....
Tourists travelling to Sri Lanka can use the online Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) mechanism to obtain the visa. A 30 day double entry visa costs 10 USD for SAARC tourists whereas it is 20 USD for other countries. Posted by arunbaliga in Arun Baliga@Travellers Point | Dec 15, 2012
- About Road To Sri Lanka Tours
The mission of Road To Sri Lanka Tours is to provide unique, tours and travel experiences, for a niche marke Posted by RoadtosrilankaT in Travel To Sri Lanka | Dec 10, 2012
- Sri LankaSri Lanka is an island country. It's located south east of India and surrounded by the Maldives, the Palk Strait, and the Gulf of Mannar. The population is 20,277,600. The land area is 25,332 sq miles. The GDP per capita Posted by JPalmer15 in My World Trip | Oct 24, 2012
- Travelling across Sri Lanka with friendsWe wake early yet again at 6.30 am we set off on day 4 of our tour of Sri Lanka. Our final day will see us head towards Galle to visit Galle fort, see the tsunami memorial and visit a Posted by SCorbett in Travelling across Sri Lanka with friends | Oct 20, 2012
- Travelling across Sri Lanka with friendsWell it's day 3 of our tour and we are up early again 6.30 am and the sun is already shining.
Today we are all excited as we are off to the hill country to pick some tea ans see how Posted by SCorbett in Travelling across Sri Lanka with friends | Oct 20, 2012
- Travelling across Sri Lanka with friendsWell after a stormy night morning arrived greeting us with blazing sunshine and at 6 am we set off on route to Kandy.
Our first stop was at a spice garden where we were greeted by our guide who walked us Posted by SCorbett in Travelling across Sri Lanka with friends | Oct 19, 2012