- Kandy, Our Cool Hilltop Retreat.
We had decided to get the local bus from Negombo to Kandy and so checked out promptly and went for some breakfast at a small local restaurant. We were immediately approached by a tuk-tuk driver who had seen we had Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Sep 10, 2013
- Our first Impressions of Sri Lanka and NegomboAfter a traffic jammed ride to the airport in Bangkoks rain we arrived at the airport ready to leave Southeast Asia. We checked in with no problems and were through to departures waiting for our plane. Liam was extremely nervous Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Sep 10, 2013
- Flies Picking An Underwear
My room adjoins the rear patio. The rear patio is jus Posted by Quah Khian Hu in THE ROOTS OF BANYAN TREE | Sep 9, 2013
- Tap The Anchor Buoy
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/375530/swim3.jpg Posted by Quah Khian Hu in THE ROOTS OF BANYAN TREE | Sep 6, 2013
- A Spandex Swim Shorts
[img=http://photos.travellerspoin Posted by Quah Khian Hu in THE ROOTS OF BANYAN TREE | Sep 4, 2013
[img=http://pho Posted by Quah Khian Hu in THE ROOTS OF BANYAN TREE | Aug 30, 2013
- Chapter #15: Beach-hopping is a thing!Dear all,
Luckily for you, this is a "mini-chapter" as it covers only 10 days of travel. I am happy to write about it though not only for sake of completeness, but also because it really was a good time.
Sri Posted by jack87jack in Spinning around | Aug 25, 2013
- Sri LankaI left Dubai on Sunday to Monday night after 2 hours of sleep. I lined up after a long queque of what I assumed to be Sri Lankans pushing forth trolleys with gigantic TVs, enormous cardboard boxes with mysterious goods Posted by LaPoderosa in La Poderosa | Jul 23, 2013
- Teacher! Teacher!I consider myself a caring person, but to be honest, the only people I have ever done anything for are my family and friends.
When the opportunity to spend 2 weeks on my own presented itself, naturally, like any self-respecting Posted by SpiceChronicles in The Spice Chronicles | Jul 15, 2013
- Drenched in CultureHaving stored sufficient quantities of vitamin D, we head for a change of atmosphere. At 1900 meters, Nuwara Eliya is the Hill station where tourists and locals flock to escape the scorching heat of the coast. Peak season in the Posted by SpiceChronicles in The Spice Chronicles | Jun 28, 2013
- Mountain Biking in Sri LankaThis track definitely wasn’t on the map, and it certainly wasn’t on the Google earth print-out I was using to navigate. I was twenty miles north east of Unawatuna in the south of Sri Lanka and it was starting to Posted by Moonstone Exped in Sri Lanka Adventure Travel | Jun 22, 2013
- Kandy, Sri LankaHey everyone!! I left Ko Lanta, Thailand on July 31st at 4:20 pm and flew for 1 hour and 20 mins to Bangkok where I arrived at 5:40 pm and had about a 2 hour layover. Then I departed Bangkok Posted by michaelat in My Dream Trip Around The World | Jun 8, 2013
- ColomboOur final few days of the tour were spent in Colombo where everyone had a restful time doing as they pleased – a very pleasant stop after the tour.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/501826/9737A1B02219AC6817FC6259291087FB.jpg caption=Colombo from Posted by Chris White in Saris and Safaris Tour | May 30, 2013
- Pinnawala Elephant OrphanageOn the drive back down from Nuwara Eliya, we passed the beautiful rural vistas seen the previous evening.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/501826/5DB259152219AC6 Posted by Chris White in Saris and Safaris Tour | May 29, 2013
- Kandy and Nuwara EliyaWe arrived at Kandy and checked into our hotel for a bit of a breather.
==Kandy Cultural Show==
At 5pm, we gathered and drove to a local Kandy Cultural Perform Posted by Chris White in Saris and Safaris Tour | May 28, 2013
- Trincomalee and Dambulla Cave TempleWe arrived at Trincomalee by bus and checked into the Sea Lotus Park Hotel located in Uppuveli, a few kilometers north of Trincomalee. Everyone welcomed the opportunity to swim both in the pool and across the fence on the Posted by Chris White in Saris and Safaris Tour | May 28, 2013
- East WindsArugam Bay. The guide book promised "a lovely moon-shaped curl of soft sand, with a lay in the hammock vibe..." The reality? An ugly, unkempt beach, dilapidated, overpriced guesthouses crowding each other and the faint smell of petrol lingering in Posted by SpiceChronicles in The Spice Chronicles | May 27, 2013
- SigiriyaAfter a night in a beautiful hotel, we transitted some 45 minutes to visit the World Heritage Site Sigiriya - otherwise known as Lion Rock.
Shortly before we arrived at Sigiriya, we encountered a traditional Sri Lankan wedding party.
[img=http://pho Posted by Chris White in Saris and Safaris Tour | May 26, 2013
- Arrival Sri Lanka - Negombo Beach and BeyondAfter an hours flight from Kochi in India, we reached Colombo in Sri Lanka. It was quite a strange feeling leaving Mother India after a six week epic visit, but it was time to move out Posted by Chris White in Saris and Safaris Tour | May 26, 2013
- City tripsVisa extensions and the possibility of finding more selection in toiletries require stops in bigger cities. With fresh haircuts and head massages from Janaka's barber shop in Ella, yup he cut mine too, we boarded a "1st class A/C luxury Posted by SpiceChronicles in The Spice Chronicles | May 4, 2013
- From Surf to TurfHaving spent over 6 weeks exploring beaches and coastal towns and with the festivities of the local New Year behind us, the time seemed ripe to rinse off the sand and head for the bush.
Although much smaller than Posted by SpiceChronicles in The Spice Chronicles | Apr 23, 2013
- Tangalle, April 09, 2013Just another day at the beach. The weather has been a little less stifling the last 2 days. Could it be that the days are getting cooler as we approach monsoon season here at the southern tip of Posted by SpiceChronicles in The Spice Chronicles | Apr 9, 2013
- Right type of shoes...Clogs comes very handy when travelling hot countries like Sri Lanka with the only disadvantage being entering in all sorts of dirt through the airing holes of the sandals. Wear clogs and you are less likely to remain with walking Posted by Pathum Rodrigo in Visit Sri Lanka | Apr 6, 2013
- Sunny fun in Sri LankaWe made it to Sri Lanka, and have now been here for a wonderfully warm and relaxing fortnight and are loving it so far. China feels like a long time ago, but the last couple of weeks there were certainly Posted by pixies in Mr and Mrs Pixie Go Round the World | Mar 9, 2013
- The best of Sri Lanka in 5 days!
After a late night flight from Bali to Singapore, a day in the airport of sleeping on the floor and one more flight we made it to Sri Lanka late last Monday night Posted by apolloandathena in Adventure Extrodinaire! | Feb 26, 2013