Blog Entries tagged 'Sri_Lanka'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'Sri_Lanka'
- The Struggles of Being FemaleBloody typical isn’t it, it’s always us females that have to do all the work, look at those lazy male turtles, all they have to do is spend their whole lives relaxing in the sea, gently floating around without a Posted by JonAndSara in A Long Way For Dumplings | Apr 16, 2014
- End of the RoadUnbelievably today marks exactly one year since we left the UK on our long, long flight to Singapore. It has been one of the best years of our lives. Anyone that knows us will know just how much fun we Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Dec 2, 2013
- Diving in hikkaduwaSorry to disappoint our adoring fans (mainly just our mums, dads and grandparents) but our time in Hikkaduwa has been spent doing nothing at all. We have been spending time at the beach everyday, laying in the sunshine, drinking and Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Nov 29, 2013
- On the road to Hikkaduwa We thoroughly enjoyed cycling around and experiencing Jaffna and had one more day to explore. We decided to go for a walk and ventured into town on foot. The weather in Jaffna has been scorching and we arrived hot and Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Nov 21, 2013
- Cycling the vibrant streets of Jaffna. After a relaxing week in Uppuvelli, an amazing underwater adventure in Pigeon Island and just about as much reading and walking on the beach as we could handle we decided to move on. Our guest house informed us of the Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Nov 18, 2013
- Snorkeling Pigeon Island, NilaveliOur plan was to visit Nilaveli yesterday, but when we woke it was overcast and rain threatened so it was an easy call to give it a miss. Instead we went for a walk along the main road of Uppuveli Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Nov 14, 2013
- Exploring the EastLeaving Anuradhapura a few days ago was more complicated that we thought it would be. There are some major roadworks on the Auradhapura - Trincomolee road, meaning that the direct bus currently no longer runs. Thankfully there was a helpful Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Nov 11, 2013
- Exploring the new town of AnuradhapuraSince we explored most of the ancient cities yesterday we decided today to have a walk into the new town and investigate the streets. From our guest house it is around a twenty minute walk down a main road into Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Nov 7, 2013
- The Ancient City of AnarudhapuraYesterday we left Colombo to make our way north. Our first stop is Anuradhapura, part of the cultural triangle of Sri Lanka, it is the location of an ancient city littered with stupas and temples. Our bus journey from Colombo Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Nov 7, 2013
- Diving in Unawatuna Upon leaving our beach hut we just couldn't resist a few more days on the coast before heading in land and caught the local bus to Unawatuna. We decided to go diving again as last time wasn't so successful as Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Nov 5, 2013
- Our last week in MirissaSaturday morning we finally left our green beach bungalow. We were sad to go, it was so tempting to just stay there until we return back to England, but we have to make the most of our final month, and Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Nov 3, 2013
- Mirissa photoblogSince our last post we are still enjoying waking up to a stunning view every morning.
The weather on the South coast has been erratic at the least and we have Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Oct 24, 2013
- Our week in pictures, MirissaOur first week in our little green house has been lovely and we have thoroughly enjoyed living on the beach.
Our time has been spent playing in the huge waves and relaxing on our balcony. We have acquired some new friends Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Oct 10, 2013
- Finding our new home in MirissaWe left Colombo first thing Tuesday morning, and jumped on the local bus again. It was a hell of a long ride back to Mirissa but was worth it when we finally stepped back on to the beach.
We found a Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Oct 3, 2013
- An Update from ColomboSince Saturday we have been in Colombo. We were sad to leave out beach bum life that has been the previous ten days but with a flight in a weeks time we needed to sort out our Indian Visa.
As always Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Sep 30, 2013
- The beach life in UnawatunaWe were sad to leave Mirissa, it has been our favourite beach so far, but we wanted to move on and see more of the coast. Working our way back towards Galle our next step is Unawatuna.
It was easy enough Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Sep 27, 2013
- Sun, sea and the Search for Moby Dick in MirissaAfter our amazing late night watching turtles we decided to move on. We never normally spend just one night in a place but we were just to eager too see more of Sri Lanka. We checked out and sat in Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Sep 22, 2013
- Tropical Tangalle and Turtle watching at Rekawa BeachOur next stop from Galle was Tangalle, a beach town along the Souh coast. We had to get a local bus to Matara and another local bus to Tangalle, costing 60Rs each, per bus. The public transport in Sri Lanka Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Sep 20, 2013
- Strolling around Fort Galle, Sri LankaOn our first full day in Galle we decided to see some of the main sights. Our first port of call was to find some breakfast. Galle is popular and so is very expensive compared to other places in Sri Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Sep 18, 2013
- Moving on to GalleAfter our excellent day at Sigiriya and the national park we were in two minds as to where to go next. Option one was to go further north to Anuradhapura, the ancient city of Sri Lanka or to begin our Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Sep 16, 2013
- Sigiriya and Minneriya National ParkYesterday we moved on from rainy Kandy via another cheap and easy local bus - just with a little help from a local to point us in the right direction of the bus we needed. Our destination was Habarana, Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Sep 13, 2013
- Exploring the Buddha Tooth Temple and the town of KandyWe clambered down our giant hill this morning in search of some cheap breakfast. It doesn't take long to walk into town from the hill where all the budget accommodation is and we found a tiny vegetarian place called Bagjis Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Sep 12, 2013
- Kandy, Our Cool Hilltop Retreat.
We had decided to get the local bus from Negombo to Kandy and so checked out promptly and went for some breakfast at a small local restaurant. We were immediately approached by a tuk-tuk driver who had seen we had Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Sep 10, 2013
- Our first Impressions of Sri Lanka and NegomboAfter a traffic jammed ride to the airport in Bangkoks rain we arrived at the airport ready to leave Southeast Asia. We checked in with no problems and were through to departures waiting for our plane. Liam was extremely nervous Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Sep 10, 2013
- Arrival in Sri Lanka & off to SigiriyaArrived on 6th Dec @ the Bandaranaike Airport (CMB, about 15km from Negombo town, Sri Lanka) around afternoon via a short flight from India. Got my USDs converted to LKR at a Bank counter near the Airport exit. Also purchased Posted by arunbaliga in Arun Baliga@Travellers Point | Dec 21, 2012