- Swedish couchsurf[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/673673/large_IMG_1089.jp Posted by chengyingfang in Europe Exchange | Jul 9, 2014
- Sunday 29th June pt 2 (Elton)The bus takes about 30 minutes to get to the dock, but then it's probably another 15 minute walk to the actual cruise terminal. Not very well signposted and we end up following other people to get to the terminal. Posted by riteoh in UK & Baltic 2014 | Jul 6, 2014
- Resan börjar nu!Ja! Ni ser rätt, vi är tillbaka och med ny blogg som vi hoppas kunna uppdatera så mycket vi kan på vår nya resa till Afrika.
De senaste dagarna har varit ett tumult av värme, kärlek och idel glada minnen. Posted by JennyoMartin in Vårt Afrika 2014 | Jul 1, 2014
- Sunday 29th June (Elton)Pack up the apartment, ckeaning as well. Have another browse around Stockholm central, including buying bus tickets to get to the dock. Not sure about internet access for next week whilst on the cruise. Maybe in some of the ports Posted by riteoh in UK & Baltic 2014 | Jun 29, 2014
- Saturday, 28th June (Ilona)I noticed my swollen feet yesterday. The last time I had swollen feet was when I was pregnant. I can assure you that this is not the case this time! It is strange, and slightly uncomfortable - is it Posted by riteoh in UK & Baltic 2014 | Jun 28, 2014
- Friday 27th June (Elton)You may have guessed, they're all Swedish and for the next couple of days, so are we.
Smooth travelling to get to Stockholm. We all slept somewhat on the Singapore to Frankfurt leg, which is already seeming like a long Posted by riteoh in UK & Baltic 2014 | Jun 27, 2014
- Last day exploring StockholmAfter a rough sleep two nights ago, last night was glorious. I went to sleep around 9:30pm last night and 12 hours later I sprang out of bed. The downside of this hostel room is that there is Posted by atbrady in Boundless Adventures | Jun 22, 2014
- Back to Flying Solo...I tossed and turned all night, waking up alternating between dripping sweat and shivering cold. I had hoped that the sleep would improve my symptoms and didn’t feel too bad when I woke up. We headed downstairs for Posted by atbrady in Boundless Adventures | Jun 22, 2014
- Finally in Stockholm!
After the conference was over at 5, Tommy and I grabbed a taxi to head into central Stockholm. The highlight of the ride was driving past the summer palace of the Swedish Royal Family, where th Posted by atbrady in Boundless Adventures | Jun 22, 2014
- Barret Values Conference 2014!The conference itself was enjoyable and well worth the trip. The three days were each organized around themes of transformation, beginning with personal transformation, followed by organizational transformation and then societal transformation on the fin Posted by atbrady in Boundless Adventures | Jun 22, 2014
- Arrival and Adjustment to StockholmAt Stockholm Arlanda Airport, we were able to catch up with Bernd to ride the train into Stockholm, then share a taxi to the conference venue, which is actually quite a ways outside Stockholm. First impression: Stockholm is expensive! Posted by atbrady in Boundless Adventures | Jun 22, 2014
- Travel BrainWhen I mentioned to a friend that I was about to embark on another travel adventure, I excitedly exclaimed that I was aiming for “complete sensory overload.” I’ve come to realize that this is one of my favorite parts Posted by atbrady in Boundless Adventures | Jun 19, 2014
- Bulli CruzersTuesday 3rd
Arrived in Stockholm at 9am. It is a very beautiful city from what I can see from our window. It is overcast (just 7.20) but according to the old boy, it is cold outside. Had a good night's sleep Posted by Bulli Cruzers in Off Again | Jun 3, 2014
- Bulli CruzersMonday 2nd
We docked in Helsinki this morning at 7.30. The sun is shining and going to be a beautiful day. Don't know what the weather is like outside, but in the cabin, it is lovely. Had breakfast and going down Posted by Bulli Cruzers in Off Again | Jun 3, 2014
- Bulli CruzersSaturday 31st
Sitting waiting for the excursion to begin. Just on 7.45 and it leaves at 8.15. Had b'fast and did what I had to do. We docked in St. Petersburg at 7, not 8. There were 2 other ships there, Posted by Bulli Cruzers in Off Again | Jun 3, 2014
- Bulli CruzersFriday 30th
This morning, the fog was very thick that you couldn't see land. After we had b'fast, the fog started to lift and you could see a little way but.... We dock at 9 and we need to be on Posted by Bulli Cruzers in Off Again | Jun 3, 2014
- Bulli CruzersThursday 29th
Last night the show was brilliant. The lady who had the hoops now had a wooden box twirling on her toes; the ladies dancing did the can-can; the man who was very strong on the rope did another act Posted by Bulli Cruzers in Off Again | Jun 3, 2014
- Bulli CruzersWednesday 28th
It was a bit rough last night. We had dinner and then the concert started at 9. Was really good. Very strong men and a lady who had hoola hoops. A lady and man sang and ladies and a Posted by Bulli Cruzers in Off Again | Jun 3, 2014
- Bulli CruzersTuesday 27th
Had a reasonable night's sleep. Started coughing and that was it. It was early when the old boy got up (maybe 6am) and he said he would bring me back a cuppa. He did and off he went again Posted by Bulli Cruzers in Off Again | Jun 3, 2014
- Journey has began![float=left][/float]Road trip has started right away after school party.
Transfer to Helsinki by car, then cruise to Stockholm.
> Vesna "Viking Line disappointing: everything felt dirty".
In Stockholm, visit to Abba Mueseum.
> Uuuna "Fun! I learne Posted by ezabetta in Sweden - Denmark - Norway | Jun 2, 2014
- 68ºN 18ºESo, after our enjoyable stay in Narvik, we took a train to.... ABISKO NATIONAL PARK!
It was a really scenic ride, with all the fjords and SNOW! Really amazing, you could see people skiing and stuff, wish i had their skills. Posted by flickervertigo in This is WHY. | May 9, 2014
- ANOTHER DAY AT SEAToday was a day at sea, crossing back through the western side of the Baltic Sea, from Stockholm, Sweden to Copenhagen, Denmark. We woke to "moderate" seas, swells that were four to nine feet making things move a little too Posted by jeburns55 in Baltic Cruise 2010 | Sep 3, 2010
- LAST STOP: STOCKHOLM, SWEDENToday was our last day to dock and explore a new city/country. Our tour was scheduled to leave after nine, so we had a leisurely breakfast and then joined the tour group.
Our guide was chatty and funny; she played off Posted by jeburns55 in Baltic Cruise 2010 | Sep 2, 2010
- Gay Night Out in KungstradgardenAfter having a fairly tame weekend without any wild nights, I was much looking forward to Monday, which Jonas promised me would be quite the time. I didn’t know what to expect, only that he spent most Monday nights at Posted by danza in There and back again | Mar 27, 2014
- The many museums of StockholmAfter spending a relaxing night on Jonas’ couch, I was ready for another day of exploration. After staying up late watching a movie with Jonas and penning a blog entry, I headed for Stockholm a little after noon. After thinking Posted by danza in There and back again | Mar 25, 2014