- Ice Hotel and Beyond into the Arctic Circle.It seems like 2 weeks has passed since we last wrote in this blog. We had hit the Ice hotel in Kiruna Sweden where we had spent the first night in a warm room - then we were up and Posted by Louise Pryor in Borealis to Borscht | Mar 5, 2014
- On our way to the Ice HotelOur last day in stockholm saw us venturing down to Gamla Stad (the old town) and the oldest surviving medieval town in europe. We wandered the old cobbled streets and went ........ shopping! No culture, no museums just lots of Posted by Louise Pryor in Borealis to Borscht | Feb 28, 2014
- An End to RussiaSo no more Lidmila! We have paid her handsomely in US currency and given her an aussie icon present (she cried) and she gifted us with a frig magnet (we cried) and that was it! Now we are on Posted by Louise Pryor in Borealis to Borscht | Feb 26, 2014
- Hanging out with the HuskiesOnce we decided to go to Lapland we looked at all the options of things to do and the one thing that Khai really wanted to do, was to see Huskies. We booked a trip in a sled pulled by Posted by suntosnow in Saying goodbye to summer.... | Jan 6, 2014
- Reindeer up close and personalThe first night we booked a tour out to a Sami community to see reindeer, hear about Sami life and go in a sled ride out to try to find the Northern Lights. It was not a good night for Posted by suntosnow in Saying goodbye to summer.... | Jan 1, 2014
- Heading to LaplandHeading to Lapland was one of the very special things we planned for our trip. Randy had always wanted to see the Northern Lights and being so close, relatively, we thought it too good an opportunity to miss.
Tomas and Posted by suntosnow in Saying goodbye to summer.... | Jan 1, 2014
- Good day for snow, bad day to buy a bottle of wine. This morning it snows lightly in the morning and the boys are beside themselves with excitement, they make small snowballs and just run around in wonderment. We spend the day around the house, the boys enjoying lego and watching swedish Posted by suntosnow in Saying goodbye to summer.... | Dec 17, 2013
- Stendörren and TrosaWe had a lovely night’s sleep in our “Guesthouse” which is normally Filippa’s studio where she works as an illustrator.
The plan for the day was to head to Stendörren a natu Posted by suntosnow in Saying goodbye to summer.... | Dec 16, 2013
- Smörgåsbord with the OmbudsmanWell, actually there was no Ombudsman on board that we knew of but there could have been. Tomas and Filippa arranged for us to go on the Enköping, the world's oldest registered passengership still in traffic. M/S Enköping was built Posted by suntosnow in Saying goodbye to summer.... | Dec 14, 2013
- Further into the cold...We had a sad farewell to Paris with promises to our selves that we will come back, but happily got on the plane to Sweden to visit very dear friends that we met travelling in Malaysia in 1997. Filippa is Posted by suntosnow in Saying goodbye to summer.... | Dec 13, 2013
- IntroduktionKära familj och vänner,
det är vi: Isabel och Erik!
Vi vill gärna tackar er för era trevligar hälsnigar och hejda onskningar, vi blev jätte glada. Naturligvis tackar vi vara Lundvänner för en fanastik ’goodbye fika’ – den var mums! Som Posted by Eribel in Asia | Nov 15, 2013
- EinleitungLiebe Familie und Freunde,
das sind wir: Isabel und Erik!
Wir möchten euch für eure lieben Grüße und goodbye-Wünsche danken, wir haben uns sehr gefreut. Wir wollen auch gerne unseren Lund Freunden für ein fantastisches fika* danken – das war sehr lecker Posted by Eribel in Asia | Nov 15, 2013
- Travel style: YoloYolo, or You Only Live Once.
I was checking up on some details regarding my trip in Central America when I suddenly realised that the category of the package I had chosen was a Yolo trip. It felt so right. Posted by lembas in Before 30 | Oct 25, 2013
- The Planned Trip Posted by cchalkit in USA Trip | Oct 15, 2013
- Exploring Trip planning toolsSo I have now spent quite a few hours looking at different trip planning tools. And so far I must say that Travellerspoint seems to be the best!
Also it is from Norway !
Lest see if I will continue with this Posted by cchalkit in USA Trip | Oct 15, 2013
- homeless, restless and ready for adventureSix weeks ago I had to leave my Stockholm apartment. Three years in the capital and this was my sixth place. Not that Gothenburg was any better, but there I did finally buy a place of my own. The same Posted by lembas in Before 30 | Oct 8, 2013
- Stockholm, SwedenWhen we boarded the train from Gothenburg to Stockholm we understood why it was so much cheaper than the "high-speed" train (which was only actually 45 minutes faster) yet nearly double the price. You could describe our train as Posted by Nick-n-Charlie in Our Honeymoon World Tour | Sep 10, 2013
- Gothenburg, SwedenAfter a very relaxing couple of days we boarded our train to Gothenburg, Sweden’s second city, and only an hour and half from Båstad. We purchased a 5 Trip card from the transport desk in the station 90SEK each Posted by Nick-n-Charlie in Our Honeymoon World Tour | Sep 7, 2013
- Båstad, SwedenMuch earlier in our trip, Nick's friend Annika who he used to work with many years at Paul Smith has since moved back to Sweden and she had invited us to stay with her. Now she lives in a Posted by Nick-n-Charlie in Our Honeymoon World Tour | Sep 5, 2013
- Apie tai, kaip plaukėm namo. Archipelago naujienos -7
Paskutinis vakaras Visbyje.
Ne, ne paskutinis, nes tokio žodžio dar savo parašiutiniam gyvenime vengti buvom išmokę. Jei pats pasakai kažką darąs paskutinį kartą - matyt, taip ir bu Posted by gramas in MENKĖ PO LOVA | Sep 9, 2013
- StockholmWell we arrived into Stockholm very late at night as our plane was over two hours late. They give us seven euro each to spend on food to compensate. So by the time we arrived at the hotel it Posted by Chappeltravels in Europe Trip | Sep 3, 2013
- Apie tai, kaip Gotlande nepamesti dantų. VIDEOGotland salos sostinė Visby. Iš ryto be galo gražu, o dantys - svarbu, todėl rekomenduojamas veiksmų planas galėtų būti toks:
1. Atidaryti runduką (artojų kalba - jachtos sandėlis).
2. Iškraustyti visą ten sudėtą šlamštą, kad galėtum pasiekti dviratį. Posted by gramas in MENKĖ PO LOVA | Aug 30, 2013
- Apie tai, kur vėžiai žiemoja. Archipelago naujienos-6
Visa Gotlando sala, kartu su sostine Visbiu - prestižinis Švedijos kurortas. Važiuok per visą Švediją skersai/išilgai, ir visur sutiksi ne vieną ir ne du, kuriuos vaikystės vasarų prisimin Posted by gramas in MENKĖ PO LOVA | Aug 26, 2013
- Apie tai, kad reikia Seniui įpilti. Archipelago naujienos-5
Tradicija - reikalas rimtas, ypač jūrinė, nes čia savo gyvybes patikime savo laivui ir stichijai. Todėl ir ne dyvai, kad buriuotojai, išplaukdami į jūrą, įpila jūros valdovui Neptūnui, nors mes d Posted by gramas in MENKĖ PO LOVA | Aug 21, 2013
- Apie tai, kaip vandens buvo per daug.Archipelago naujienos-4
Vieną naktį sunakvoję laukinėje Ladnaon salos inkaruotėje, anksti ryte kelsim inkarą ir judėsim toliau. Apie 0700 ryto visi kiti laivai įlankoje dar miega. Miega ir Jonas savo kajutėje pri Posted by gramas in MENKĖ PO LOVA | Aug 14, 2013