- Aussie entourage arrives in GrevboOur destination this year for the International Indian Rally is Kierpse in Western Germany. Six Aussies descended on the sleepy village of Grevbo Sweden on Friday 8 July where our good friend and host Jorgen Sundberg lives and runs the Posted by lyndel.hebden in Indian Rally Germany 2016 | Jul 11, 2016
- Stockholm and beyondDUE TO LIMITED BANDWITH AT SEA, WATCH FOR PHOTOS TO BE POSTED OR VISIT US ON FACEBOOK
Later Friday afternoon we were planning on meeting the rest of our group. The call came as we were finishing lunch the sun had Posted by darrenesl in Darren and Terri's Travels | Jun 26, 2016
- Day 82Today is summer solstice - the day with the most hours of daylight. The sun rose here at 3:31 AM and will set tonight at 11:08 PM. We are seldom awake after 11 PM but in the last few Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Jun 21, 2016
- Day 81We had a beautiful sunset last night. Sunset was at 11 PM. We are sharing a photo with you.
We woke to a bright sunny day but by Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Jun 20, 2016
- Day 80After a peaceful night on the side of a mountain in Norway, we woke this morning to a bright sunny day.
Art exercised his prerogative as a father on Father's Day to choose the scenic route to our destination. We were Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Jun 19, 2016
- Scandinavean Tour coming upThis is our first trip to Scandinavia. We will spend most of our time in Sweden and Norway, but briefly visit Russia ( St Petersburg ), Finland ( Helsinki and Rovaniemi ), Denmark (Copenhagen ). Strangely, we do not have Posted by fernando65 in Scandinavean Driving tour 2016 | Jun 18, 2016
- Getting there is half the battleInternational flights can be great, terrible, or sometimes a grind. Traveling from LAX to Arlanda just outside of Stockholm proved to be a combiarland nation of all three. Norwegian Airlines and their new 787 Dreamliner planes are the great. Travelling Posted by darrenesl in Darren and Terri's Travels | Jun 18, 2016
- Day 72We stepped out of our hotel in Stockholm to a bright, sunny day with a temperature of 11 C ( 52 F).
We drove for a little over a half hour to a city called Mariefred. Mariefred is known as Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Jun 11, 2016
- Day 71This morning we went in search of the only laundromat in Stockholm that allows self-service. We found it quickly and a parking spot (yahoo) about two blocks away. This laundromat is attended and the lady who runs things had all Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Jun 10, 2016
- Day 70We had a sunny day today but the high temperature was only 20 C or 68 F.
Reta was not feeling at the top of her game in the morning so Art did all the driving today. We drove from Kalmar Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Jun 9, 2016
- Day 69We woke this morning to a cool and cloudy day. We set off to drive from Copenhagen, Denmark to Sweden.
We were looking forward to enjoying the Oresund Bridge which starts near Copenhagen and ends near Malmo, Sweden.
The Oresund Bridge Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Jun 8, 2016
- Starting Planning in Sweden and FinlandHere is a look at the Baltic Capitals itinerary.
Date Port/City Activity
Day 1 Stockholm, Sweden => Docked All Day
Day 2 Stockholm, Sweden => Docked - Depart at 3:00PM
Day 3 Helsinki, Finland => Dock at 10:00AM - Depart at 5:00PM
Day 4 St. Posted by darrenesl in Darren and Terri's Travels | May 27, 2016
- Stockholm, Sweden Asia tour is over, next destination we will travel to Europe. European trip schedule will be adjusted. The first destination in Europe is Stockholm, because the last destination in Asia is Li Posted by wangxuanyu in my dream trip around the world | May 25, 2016
- StockholmDay 1
The first thing when we will arrive in Stockholm is partake in the Swedish tradition of fika. The Swedes drink a lot of coffee, but fika isn't just about having Posted by wangxuanyu in my dream trip around the world | May 24, 2016
- Walking On Water AKA WOW!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/804393/90_IMG_0 Posted by GirlguidingWOW in Girlguiding WOW Trip | Mar 26, 2016
- Trams and tourists
The way to save the budget is to smile sweetly at the tram conductor and have him decide handwriting 10 tram tickets would take far too long to bother with so saving funds!
We hopped off Posted by GirlguidingWOW in Girlguiding WOW Trip | Mar 25, 2016
- A quick pit stop
We've just stopped for quick pit stop to refuel the coach, visit a Swedish loo and purchase our first Swedish food of the trip.
We've just spotted a little bit of snow too❄️❄️
Elk spot Posted by GirlguidingWOW in Girlguiding WOW Trip | Mar 25, 2016
- Oresund Bridge
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/804393/90_IMG_0581. Posted by GirlguidingWOW in Girlguiding WOW Trip | Mar 25, 2016
- Swedish Lapland[[http://http://www.travellerspoint.com/photos/gallery/users/Liamps/countries/Sweden/|Sweden photos]]
The wild, desolate expanse of Sweden’s remote north beyond the Arctic Circle was my final destination in Scandinavia. After the completion of exams in Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo Trip | Mar 3, 2016
- Stockholm in Winter[[http://www.travellerspoint.com/photos/gallery/users/Liamps/countries/Sweden/|Sweden photos]]
The final component of my exchange experience in Stockholm was characterised by a longing for snow, its eventual arrival and my eagerness to depart! The colo Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo Trip | Feb 7, 2016
- A search for the Aurora BorealisWe set off for Europe early on Boxing Day via South Korea. Our Korean Air flight had an enforced, overnight stopover in Incheon so all our transfers, meals and accommodation were included in the price of the ticket (which Posted by bumblebum in Migrating South | Jan 18, 2016
- Stockholm to Copenhagen, Denmark - Sunday, 3 January 2016Up early this morning as we are catching the train to Copenhagen at 10.21 am.
We were the first into breakfast at 7.30 am and what a difference that makes. Not the hustle and bustle of yesterday. Just us Posted by gaddingabout in Wendy and Phil's White Xmas in Iceland | Jan 3, 2016
- Stockholm, Sweden - Saturday, 2 January 2016We had a great sleep last night. All the beds in our hotels have been so comfortable and just the right temperature. Also, we are becoming very sleepy and lazy and don't want to get out of bed Posted by gaddingabout in Wendy and Phil's White Xmas in Iceland | Jan 2, 2016
- Oslo, Norway to Stockholm, Sweden - Friday, 1 January 2016Watched the New Year fireworks from our room and then had trouble going to sleep. Up at 7.00 am and down for breakfast, packed up and walked over to the railway station. We gave ourselves plenty of time Posted by gaddingabout in Wendy and Phil's White Xmas in Iceland | Jan 1, 2016
- Småland[[http://www.travellerspoint.com/my_photos.cfm|Sweden photos]]
Geographically dominating the southern third of Sweden is the historical province of Småland, which literally translates to “small lands”. While the province is not one of Sweden’s most ico Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo Trip | Dec 13, 2015