- Happy Mother's Day from Afar!Ahh almost a month has passed since the last blog. How is that possible? Time is flying here and we're already into our last course of the year.
Make 3 untested meals - I've been getting very Posted by fionaclark in Student in Sweden | May 12, 2013
- Weeks 15-16Well, the big highlight of my last two weeks was a California roll.
Not really. Two weeks ago tomorrow I met Alex at Arlanda airport and our adventure began! We had an incredible week together in the Uppsala sunshine, mostly Posted by EmmaJLee in Swedish Worlds | May 11, 2013
- Weeks 13-14Hello!
The last couple of weeks have been full of good things, both ordinary and extraordinary: dinners at Gotlands (good food, a little expensive) and Goteborg (also good, different atmosphere), a "Rebirth" mix tape circle, making red tuna/crab chowde Posted by EmmaJLee in Swedish Worlds | Apr 26, 2013
- Memories of the PastI woke up today with the overwhelming feeling of sadness and missing, if that can be described as a feeling. I don't normally remember my dreams, but occassionally I'll wake up in the middle of one and have it Posted by fionaclark in Student in Sweden | Apr 21, 2013
- Week 12Hello again!
No travels to report this week, just some good Uppsala days. A few times in the last week I've caught myself thinking "I'm going to miss this." It feels like time is going so quickly now.
This week, for a Posted by EmmaJLee in Swedish Worlds | Apr 14, 2013
- Weeks 10-11Bonjour, mes amis! I must say, I am really beginning to miss the French language. Like, I would love to have a conversation with someone in French right now. Who knew? Maybe it is being away from Montreal for four Posted by EmmaJLee in Swedish Worlds | Apr 5, 2013
- A busy couple of weeks! April already?!
Make 3 untested meals - The past couple weeks, I tackled a new stuffed pepper recipe for Easter, "chicken" tacos, and mint-lemon potatoes.
Make exercise fun again - Started running outside again
Finish to do lists - I have cha Posted by fionaclark in Student in Sweden | Apr 3, 2013
- Weeks 8-9Hello again! I apologize for my radio silence of late. This week I've been working hard to catch up on schoolwork and Barnivalen organizing. My Oslo trip last weekend was so much fun-- a very solid trip. Mona and I Posted by EmmaJLee in Swedish Worlds | Mar 24, 2013
- Apie tai, kai ir norisi, ir negalisi
Šiandien 75 dienos liko iki [[http://www.swedenrock.com/?lg=2|SWEDEN ROCK]] fiestos Solvesborg'e, Švedija.
S Posted by gramas in MENKĖ PO LOVA | Mar 22, 2013
- Week 7I think I'm getting a little obsessed with Sherlock Holmes. I've been a fan for a while, but in the last couple of weeks I have been watching the new BBC show "Sherlock," and it's pushed things over the top. Posted by EmmaJLee in Swedish Worlds | Mar 12, 2013
- Week 6Hello out there, and welcome to the greatest month of the year. It is also the month where I spend up to 4 weekends in exciting European destinations (and I'm not just talking about Uppsala!). To kick things off I Posted by EmmaJLee in Swedish Worlds | Mar 4, 2013
- Hello March, Hello Spring!I'll start with my goals and challenges progress.
-Make 3 untested meals - This week I made soup and lasagne. Tonight, we're attempting sushi!
-Make exercise fun again - I have found a gym class that defines fun exercise. It's Posted by fionaclark in Student in Sweden | Mar 1, 2013
- Why we travel?“I just wanted to get away from it all… Away from the people I was stationed with, away from all the questions, and away from the headlines.”
An article in The Guardian from 2010 could tell that we “broaden our mind Posted by askgudmundsen in Asia Less Travelled | Jan 28, 2013
- Week 5Hej hej!
I arrived in Lund shortly after my post last week, and it was so good to see Rebecca again!! (I haven't seen her since May 3, 2012.) It was so nice to see someone I really know and Posted by EmmaJLee in Swedish Worlds | Feb 25, 2013
- Week 4Hello out there! I am reporting to you this week from a train in southern Sweden, en route to visit Rebecca in Lund. Today was a bit of a tired haze. I had my last day of my first class. Posted by EmmaJLee in Swedish Worlds | Feb 15, 2013
- Returning to LundAh a day late… Challenge number one obviously requires more attention and drive to achieve! I'll start with an update on my other goals and challenges.
- Make 3 untested meals - This week I have made falafel, spicy quesadilla, Posted by fionaclark in Student in Sweden | Feb 13, 2013
- Weeks 2-3Hello again, friends!
I apologize for my long absence, but I actually didn't have much to report last week. Sadly, I fell ill, and was forced to sit in my room doing nothing for 3 days. I then spent the Posted by EmmaJLee in Swedish Worlds | Feb 7, 2013
- February Goals and ChallengesHow many times have we heard about resolutions? I'm sure everyone at university remembers the horror of the gym in January - everyone's resolutions to stay or get in shape leads to hour long waits for treadmills, a lack Posted by fionaclark in Student in Sweden | Feb 6, 2013
- Week 1Hej hej!
First, thank you all for your lovely comments on my blog so far. I miss you!!! Second, let me tell you of my adventures:
Uppsala is small and very pretty. It is dominated by cyclists and pedestrians and busses rather Posted by EmmaJLee in Swedish Worlds | Jan 25, 2013
- In preparationWell.. I should really be packing. But what is a blog without any entries?
Yesterday evening I got back to Gothenburg from an amazing weekend. Graduation. Wow. I felt like a princess. And the best part? My "Monday-morning-back-to-Reality" reveals the Posted by Irmelin in There and Back Again | Jan 21, 2013
- Stockholm SwedenHej, we are in Sweden.
On the flight between Heathrow and Arlanda I sat next to a guy who appeared to be chewing snuss. OK so snuss or snuss is more popular in Sweden than smoking and over ten percent Posted by CherylGypsyRose in Backpacking Europe on fifty dollars/day | Jan 14, 2013
- North to NorwayAfter a rather long night/day on the ferry (I was able to sleep this time - calm crossing), that had some amazing views in the morning:
I arrived in Stockholm, and hoped onto a train to Got Posted by canuck_pat in Mr. Pat goes to Denmark | Jan 9, 2013
- Apie tai, kaip nuo žuvėdų kranto namo parbėgom. GOTLAND2011Tęsinys. Anksčiau buvo I dalis. II dalis . III dalis. IV dalis. V dalis. VI dalis.
Visai smagiai laikas bėgo Lickeshamn marinoje - ramiai vakarojant jachtoje su taure vyno, slampinėjant pakrantės skardžiais. Bandėm su Jonu ir pažvejoti spiningu nuo mar Posted by gramas in MENKĖ PO LOVA | Dec 28, 2012
- Sweet Snowy Stockholm, Sweden!After spending a couple of days in Malmo, I've come up to Stockholm.
Malmo is just across the straight from Copenhagen, so a $16 and 30 minute train-ride later - I'm in Sweden! Malmo is the third largest city, and Posted by canuck_pat in Mr. Pat goes to Denmark | Dec 8, 2012
- Apie tai, kaip buvo gerai, blogai, ir vėl gerai. GOTLAND2011Tęsinys. Anksčiau buvo: [[http://sailboatscorpio.travellerspoint.com/50/|I dalis]], [[http://sailboatscorpio.travellerspoint.com/51/|II dalis]], [[http://sailboatscorpio.travellerspoint.com/52/|III dalis]], [[http://sailboatscorpio.travellerspoint.com/53/ Posted by gramas in MENKĖ PO LOVA | Dec 5, 2012