- As we leave Posted by Maz2591 in Singapore & Australia | Sep 19, 2016
- SwedenWe didn’t really know what to expect of Sweden. It looks quite different to Norway on the map but strangely we also found it quite difficult to research specific places to visit, apart from the Western coastline above Gothenburg. As Posted by jamesandruth in Trip to Europe 2016 | Sep 6, 2016
- Day 17. I'm in Helsinki Something had been haunting me in Stockholm. When I awoke this morning, I knew what I needed to do – I needed to track it down, capture it, and take it home.
“Homeless Fox” is a sculpture Posted by Follow Carol in Iceland and Scandinavia | Aug 28, 2016
- Day 16. Last Day in StockholmWe awoke to another beautiful sunny day in Stockholm. However, the weather forecast for the Helsinki area (tomorrow’s destination) is one of rain. Janet, Jacquie and I are going to veer off from the group and tour Tallinn, Posted by Follow Carol in Iceland and Scandinavia | Aug 27, 2016
- Day 15. Touring the Stockholm AreaI see that yesterday I forgot to mention an important advance in my education. I tasted aquavit (or akvivit, or akevitt) for the first time. Carol and I had agreed that this would be an important thing to Posted by Follow Carol in Iceland and Scandinavia | Aug 26, 2016
- Day 14. Arriving in StockholmToday we left Norway and travelled to Stockholm. Taking off over the many islands and waterways around Bergen was incredibly beautiful. No surprise, it is beautiful from the ground too. I mentioned to a couple of my Posted by Follow Carol in Iceland and Scandinavia | Aug 25, 2016
- Day 13 Stockholm, SwedenThis morning, we were woken at around 5am to the loud honking of the fog horn of the ship. Apparently our berthing came into doubt due to the heavy fog. It takes around 4 hours for the ship to navigate Posted by gpric6 in Scandinavia, Russia and Great Britain | Jul 28, 2016
- Aussie entourage arrives in GrevboOur destination this year for the International Indian Rally is Kierpse in Western Germany. Six Aussies descended on the sleepy village of Grevbo Sweden on Friday 8 July where our good friend and host Jorgen Sundberg lives and runs the Posted by lyndel.hebden in Indian Rally Germany 2016 | Jul 11, 2016
- Stockholm and beyondDUE TO LIMITED BANDWITH AT SEA, WATCH FOR PHOTOS TO BE POSTED OR VISIT US ON FACEBOOK
Later Friday afternoon we were planning on meeting the rest of our group. The call came as we were finishing lunch the sun had Posted by darrenesl in Darren and Terri's Travels | Jun 26, 2016
- Day 82Today is summer solstice - the day with the most hours of daylight. The sun rose here at 3:31 AM and will set tonight at 11:08 PM. We are seldom awake after 11 PM but in the last few Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Jun 21, 2016
- Day 81We had a beautiful sunset last night. Sunset was at 11 PM. We are sharing a photo with you.
We woke to a bright sunny day but by Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Jun 20, 2016
- Day 80After a peaceful night on the side of a mountain in Norway, we woke this morning to a bright sunny day.
Art exercised his prerogative as a father on Father's Day to choose the scenic route to our destination. We were Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Jun 19, 2016
- Scandinavean Tour coming upThis is our first trip to Scandinavia. We will spend most of our time in Sweden and Norway, but briefly visit Russia ( St Petersburg ), Finland ( Helsinki and Rovaniemi ), Denmark (Copenhagen ). Strangely, we do not have Posted by fernando65 in Scandinavean Driving tour 2016 | Jun 18, 2016
- Getting there is half the battleInternational flights can be great, terrible, or sometimes a grind. Traveling from LAX to Arlanda just outside of Stockholm proved to be a combiarland nation of all three. Norwegian Airlines and their new 787 Dreamliner planes are the great. Travelling Posted by darrenesl in Darren and Terri's Travels | Jun 18, 2016
- Day 72We stepped out of our hotel in Stockholm to a bright, sunny day with a temperature of 11 C ( 52 F).
We drove for a little over a half hour to a city called Mariefred. Mariefred is known as Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Jun 11, 2016
- Day 71This morning we went in search of the only laundromat in Stockholm that allows self-service. We found it quickly and a parking spot (yahoo) about two blocks away. This laundromat is attended and the lady who runs things had all Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Jun 10, 2016
- Day 70We had a sunny day today but the high temperature was only 20 C or 68 F.
Reta was not feeling at the top of her game in the morning so Art did all the driving today. We drove from Kalmar Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Jun 9, 2016
- Day 69We woke this morning to a cool and cloudy day. We set off to drive from Copenhagen, Denmark to Sweden.
We were looking forward to enjoying the Oresund Bridge which starts near Copenhagen and ends near Malmo, Sweden.
The Oresund Bridge Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Jun 8, 2016
- Starting Planning in Sweden and FinlandHere is a look at the Baltic Capitals itinerary.
Date Port/City Activity
Day 1 Stockholm, Sweden => Docked All Day
Day 2 Stockholm, Sweden => Docked - Depart at 3:00PM
Day 3 Helsinki, Finland => Dock at 10:00AM - Depart at 5:00PM
Day 4 St. Posted by darrenesl in Darren and Terri's Travels | May 27, 2016
- Stockholm, Sweden Asia tour is over, next destination we will travel to Europe. European trip schedule will be adjusted. The first destination in Europe is Stockholm, because the last destination in Asia is Li Posted by wangxuanyu in my dream trip around the world | May 25, 2016
- StockholmDay 1
The first thing when we will arrive in Stockholm is partake in the Swedish tradition of fika. The Swedes drink a lot of coffee, but fika isn't just about having Posted by wangxuanyu in my dream trip around the world | May 24, 2016
- Walking On Water AKA WOW!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/804393/90_IMG_0 Posted by GirlguidingWOW in Girlguiding WOW Trip | Mar 26, 2016
- Trams and tourists
The way to save the budget is to smile sweetly at the tram conductor and have him decide handwriting 10 tram tickets would take far too long to bother with so saving funds!
We hopped off Posted by GirlguidingWOW in Girlguiding WOW Trip | Mar 25, 2016
- A quick pit stop
We've just stopped for quick pit stop to refuel the coach, visit a Swedish loo and purchase our first Swedish food of the trip.
We've just spotted a little bit of snow too❄️❄️
Elk spot Posted by GirlguidingWOW in Girlguiding WOW Trip | Mar 25, 2016
- Oresund Bridge
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/804393/90_IMG_0581. Posted by GirlguidingWOW in Girlguiding WOW Trip | Mar 25, 2016