- When it rains it poursSo when it rains here it pours: literally.
We got up and ready to explore from our bedroom window we could see it was raining but it wasn’t until we walked out the front of the hotel that we could Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | May 19, 2015
- StockholmSo we safely made it to Stockholm, after a 5 hour high speed train ride from Copenhagen. The train reached speeds of 200km/hr and we passed over the Öresund Bridge that goes across the Öresund strait between Scania (southernmost Sweden) Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | May 16, 2015
- Thank you for the musicI've come to Stockholm because of a lifelong love affair. I'm here to visit ABBA the Museum, an extensive memorial to the group that opened in 2013. I would be here regardless of ABBA's somewhat maligned reputation in the mainstream Posted by mohn in Post-Jabe travel | Jan 24, 2015
- Gothenburg - Cafes and LibrariesCafes and libraries are what make me tick on this journey: I need the latter as a space in which to work and the former to give me the sustenance to work. Although I never actually made it into the Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Jan 20, 2015
- Gothenburg - Not Gothic but Volvo CentralI really knew very little about Gothenburg, just had ideas about gloomy, stone, spikey people, no I meant churches, well maybe people as well, and that my train was going through. I hopped off for a five night stop, and Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Jan 17, 2015
- Stockholm - Odds and SodsApart from the two tours I took in Stockholm, I didn't actually do very much that could be called organised. I tended to just wander around, so that my trips back from the library could take hours to accomplish - Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Jan 12, 2015
- Off to StockholmMore trains, about a dozen of them, for a journey of about 8,000 km exclusively by rail. I am counting a short ferry ride, because the train will be on the ferry with me although I understand we will be Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Jan 8, 2015
- Days 103-106: Stockholm, SwedenStayed with a couple locals. These people were like super climbers and athletes. They took me to the big climbing gym they work at and showed me a few courses. Some of the medium level stuff I Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Dec 29, 2014
- day 0 Ready for take-off! Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Dec 3, 2014
- Gothenburg, Sweden Marianne and I headed from Copenhagen to Gothenburg, Sweden to meet up with her cousin. Michael and Ulrika picked us up and the train station after a bit of horrible travel. The supposed direct train to Gothenburg had to stop Posted by CStopero in European Adventure | Nov 3, 2014
- Skansen and AbbaMy Stockholm Card was due to run out just after 10am so I quickly had a look around Storkyrkan (Stockholm Cathedral) in front of the royal palace before racing over to the Skansen Open Air Museum on Djurgarden which is Posted by FrancisRTW in Scandinavia Autumn 2014 | Oct 27, 2014
- A day of excursions from StockholmFor my second day in Stockholm my plan was to take a boat tour to get an appreciation of the patch work of islands Stockholm sits on and also get out to see Drottningholm Slott, the Swedish Royal Family's summer Posted by FrancisRTW in Scandinavia Autumn 2014 | Oct 26, 2014
- Exploring the Swedish CapitolMy hotel was in the heart of the Gamla Stan, Stockholm's historic old town full of cobbled streets and quaint narrow alleyways. My hotel (the Lord Nelson) must be the most eccentric place I've ever stayed - the outside is Posted by FrancisRTW in Scandinavia Autumn 2014 | Oct 25, 2014
- First daySo exited to start my trip! Posted by Gabriellasv in Travel | Sep 29, 2014
- First dayWhen I woke up i realized, this is the day, this is the day I'm starting my trip, yeaaa Posted by Fenestra Travel in Fenestra Travels | Sep 27, 2014
- Nynäshamn, SwedenThe good weather gods deserted us this morning as we approached Nynäshamn. Some miles short of our anchorage area we were engulfed in dense fog. Because of the ship's size she had to anchor out in the bay Posted by greynomadm in 2014-09 Royal Princess | Sep 8, 2014
- Gothenburg, SwedenAn almost clear sky as we sail into the Container Port of Gothenburg, the largest container port in Sweden and the home of the Volvo brand. Volvo's car division was sold to Ford some years ago and more recently Posted by greynomadm in 2014-09 Royal Princess | Sep 1, 2014
- Dag 0 - StockholmOm ungefär 26 timmar bär det av, kl 13.55 i morgon flyger jag till Istanbul för att påbörja resan som kommer att ta mig till några av världens gömda delar, arbete i Kina och Australiensisk värme.
Jag kommer, så gott det Posted by mattholm in Wanderlust King | Aug 29, 2014
- STOCKHOLM, SWEDENStockholm is the capital of Sweden and the most populous city in Scandinavia, with a total population close to 2.2 million in the metropolitan area. The city is spread across 14 distinct islands on the coast in the south-east of Posted by Kangatraveller in European Extravaganza - Living the Dream | Aug 27, 2014
- Stockholm - Day 3My day began around 9.30am with a walk to the nearby City Hall. I didn’t bother with a guided tour, instead just had a look around the outside and the views across the water.
[img=http:// Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Aug 17, 2014
- Stockholm - Day 2The rain arrived last night accompanied by some very loud thunder, but the rain had cleared by the morning.
The first thing I had to do this morning was find a dentist. The woman at the hotel reception was very helpful Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Aug 16, 2014
- Stockholm - Day 1I’m very happy that the weather forecast for today was wrong. The day was very warm and sunny and I spent most of the day outside.
I had trouble getting out of bed this morning – I really need a day Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Aug 15, 2014
- StockholmAnother one of those dreaded travel days -this time a train journey.
I made my way to the train station in the rain and caught the 7.32am train from Oslo to Stockholm. Yes, it departed at exactly 7.32. The almost Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Aug 14, 2014
- 2014 F5 OCEAN PRINCESS - STOCKHOLMHEADING NORTH ACROSS THE BALTIC, NEXT UP IS STOCKHOLM.
I WAS HERE ONE EASTER IN THE 60'S - IT WAS CLOSED.
HOPEFULLY IT WILL BE OPEN THIS TIME..
I LEAVE THE SHIP & WALK TOWARDS THE FERRY WITH ALBARELLA - ALTHOUGH THAT Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 31, 2004
- Not an IKEA insightI thought going to Sweden there would be Ikea's everywhere and we could just pop into one to say we'd been....NO never saw one (we are in the city centre) .... Somehow we still managed to fill in the day.
We Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Jul 30, 2014