An early start as we were off to a morning in a country village in Ey. We were met by horse and buggy and trotted along the country lanes to arrive at a cottage built in 1635 where cheese Posted by SteveandNet in European Grandeur | May 15, 2013
- Innsbruck to Lichtenstein to Lucerne
Had a couple of hours to ourselves in Innsbruck! Another perfect, sunny, blue sky day. Managed to get to a post office! Yay. Offloaded a ton of quality souvenirs for a bargain postage cost! ;-)
Stephen then bought a quality Posted by SteveandNet in European Grandeur | May 15, 2013
- Planes & Trains Today we left not so sunny and warm Norway for our long travelling day from Norway through Germany and into Switzerland. Firstly we caught the 7:00 am flight from Bergen to Oslo arriving at 7:50 am to catch the connecting Posted by gary_mac in Gary and Marg | May 14, 2013
- I FOUND MY PHOTOS FROM SWITZERLAND!!!Backstory: In 2005 I went to Switzerland before coming back to the states for Christmas. I was daft and never backed up my photos. Then in 2006 when I moved to Germany and managed to get a virus Posted by atpoorman in Citizen of the World | Apr 12, 2013
- Swiss VacationLucerne is a really pretty town on the lake, but unfortunately I arrived on Saturday after all of the shops had closed and nothing opens on Sunday. I had hoped to take a cog-wheeled train up to the top Posted by Eyakiwchuk in This Is Actually Happening...For Real! | Apr 10, 2013
- GenevaSo we have spent the last few days in Geneva to visit one of Michaels oldest friends from Edmonton. We flew in on Friday night from Portugal where, as Michael described we spent two days in Porto and it Posted by Aoshry in The Big Trip | Apr 7, 2013
- Latest UpdateWell, when I last wrote we were hanging out in Lisbon and about to rent a car to visit around Portugal. We headed south along the coast and stayed in resort-type towns. Our hotels all had fantastic outdoor Posted by Eyakiwchuk in This Is Actually Happening...For Real! | Apr 6, 2013
- The Glacier ExpressThis morning began with the most gorgeous blue skies and one sore foot still in pain with gout! Poor Geoff he has really got a good dose but he is soldiering on & not complaining. The walk to the station Posted by Duzzy 64 in Europe 2013 | Mar 27, 2013
- A quiet day and.....Poor Geoff has woken up with a severe bout of gout despite getting a couple of tablets in last night. He managed to get his shoes on, a bit of face squinting with the pain and of for a slow Posted by Duzzy 64 in Europe 2013 | Mar 26, 2013
- Bernina ExpressFabulous, extraordinary, a must see.....
What a day we had on the Bernina Express! We left early for a 3 1/2 hr journey through the most incredible scenery you have ever seen. The weather wasn't great when we left Chur but Posted by Duzzy 64 in Europe 2013 | Mar 26, 2013
- ZurichStarted the morning of on a walking tour in the old town of Zurich, our travelling skills are improving and we have graduated to doing our own walking tours + narration lol. It's freezing here, the day looked like it Posted by Duzzy 64 in Europe 2013 | Mar 24, 2013
- Self guided tours of Beaune & DijonYesterday we grabbed an audio guide from the tourism centre & took ourselves on a guided tour of Beaune. Lots of old buildings & hidden cellars, everywhere you go there is a cellar door advertising wine tasting. Not sure if Posted by Duzzy 64 in Europe 2013 | Mar 22, 2013
- The end of one chapter and beginning of the nextSince deciding to take this trip around the world the two most frequent questions I've been asked are "Where are you going?" and "Do you have a blog?".
So here it is...my attempt to blog my experiences and keep Posted by klp1902 in Around the world | Mar 14, 2013
- Four days in GenevaAmsterdam to Geneva. You can see the top of the French Alpes in the Background as we descend into Geneva.
After Carnival I spent a few days visiting my girlfriend, Gaby, in Geneva whe Posted by Jack Chaffey in Europe | Feb 19, 2013
- Luzern CarnivalBy coincidence my stay in Switzerland coincided with the annual four day Lucerne Carnival culminating in a big parade on the Monday before Shrove Tuesday. A major feature of the parade are the "Guggemuusige" or improvised (masked) bands and we Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Feb 15, 2013
- JungfraujochJungfraujoch is a vantage point 11,782 feet (3,571 metres) up in the Swiss Alps & is about a 2 hour drive South West of Zurich.
J Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Feb 14, 2013
- Rhine FallsThe largest waterfall in Europe are the Rhine Falls near Schauffhausen a little over an hour north from Zurich and the canoeist in me had to see it.
This felt a far grittier tour than the Zurich City Tour I had Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Feb 12, 2013
- Parades, Pasta & Prosecco===Switzerland (Zurich) - Follow your heart, but don't forget your wallet!===
Zurich is expensive! But I guess they don’t call it the most expensive city in the world for nothing! Joel and I managed to spend $120 in our first few Posted by Joel-Renee in The beer is better when backpacking | Feb 10, 2013
- First Stop ZurichFirst stop on my trip was Zurich, with predictable Swiss efficiency I passed through the clinically tidy airport in record time and found myself on a double decker train into the centre of the city. On cue it began to Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Feb 8, 2013
- Frogs and neutralityWe are currently living in a snow globe. Today the biggest wafting snowflakes we have ever seen have been falling from the sky. We are in Switzerland staying with a friend we met while we were living in Canada. She Posted by kayles in The Orsum Adventures | Feb 8, 2013
- Comparing and Observing and AdmiringThere will come a time when I will stop comparing - comparing food in Singapore to South Africa, comparing working in India to Singapore, comparing Christmas in the US to Christmas in Switzerland. Comparing seems unhealthy. Just accepting might be Posted by Goofy9 in May The Blog Be with You | Dec 24, 2012
- Leg 1 - London (UK) to Zurich (Switzerland)
Depart: London Heathrow GB (LHR) Terminal 1, 7th Feb 2013 13:45 GMT
Arrive: Zurich CH (ZRH), 7th Feb 2013 16:35 CET Central European Time (GMT+1)
483 miles (1 hour 50 minutes) Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Feb 7, 2013
- It's all in the Planning[float=right][/float]This weekend my husband and I spent several hours finalizing the itinerary. We are still undecided about train vs. car rental, but we are leaning toward the train. O Posted by woodymy in Woodyear's Wanderings | Jan 22, 2013
- A Period of FermentationEd and Gr and I had a little mini reunion a couple of months ago...good times. It's a comfy feeling to be around new "old friends." Friends who are new to my life, friends who I haven't known for decades, Posted by Goofy9 in May The Blog Be with You | Oct 2, 2012
- BaselThis past weekend we didn’t want to stray too far with school actually getting into full swing, but we couldn’t resist taking just a little trip. We spent Friday night in Basel, and for a small city it really has Posted by kmclean in Canadian Students Abroad | Nov 26, 2012