- Liestal: Welcome to the Front Yard of Hell
[float=right][/float]Since we are in Switzerland alre Posted by Kathrin_E in Alemannic Fastnacht | Mar 1, 2017
- Luzern: A Jump into Switzerland on Güdismontag
Wey-Frosch with the summit of Rigi in the background
"Güdismontag" is the local name for Carnival Monday, one of the main days in Luzern's Fasnacht (sic!). Not only the spelling Posted by Kathrin_E in Alemannic Fastnacht | Feb 28, 2017
- ZURICHZURICH - CITY OF CLOCKS
FAVOURITE PHOTO -
ZURICH WAS THE BEGINNING OF OUR BIG EUROPE TRIP.
6 WEEKS OF DISCOVERY! HOW DOES ONE PICK PLACES TO SEE?
HUBBY WANTED TO SEE GERMANY Posted by aussirose in Europe & Morocco 2011 | Feb 15, 2017
- 2011 Europe & Morocco**Disclaimer. There are photos here that are from my previous travel site virtualtourist. VT has shut down. Please ignore that VT flag, thongs, VA's and other paraphernalia that may appear here.**
MY PHOTOS HERE ARE BEFORE ENTERING THE Posted by aussirose in Europe & Morocco 2011 | Feb 11, 2017
- Geneva Post 1Intro:
So, I have finally decided to set this up so that I am able to share my trip with my family and friends without bombarding everyone with 101 Facebook notifications every time I post a new photo.
Essentially every few days Posted by lestafford in Swiss Study Trip | Jan 27, 2017
- Keeping In TouchThe thought of going traveling is really exciting, although the amount of things you need to do to prepare for it can be a little daunting.
We have just approximately two months (May - June 2010) to get ready before Posted by Chris-Nic in Preparing to Leave | Jan 1, 2017
- November 21 - Chamoix to Zermatt
So, time for a daily re-cap (and it was only 3 days before I finally did one :P )
Yesterday...I admit, I ended up taking a 6 hour nap in the afternoon, which could very well have spelled disaster Posted by OddManOut in D&D Europe 2016 | Nov 21, 2016
- Cogwheels and CocktailsI remember my mum once telling me about a conversation she'd had with her lifelong friend Audrey. She said "We've done things we never dreamed". That's how I feel after today, and that's what reduced me to tears at Rochers Posted by apostrophewoman in Oh My Giddy Aunt | Oct 7, 2016
- Montreux est magnifique Following the fiasco that was our meal at Flash Pizza, we were keen to see what else Montreux had to offer. The weather forecast looked promising for Tuesday, so we decided on a cruise on Lac Leman (aka Lake Geneva). Posted by apostrophewoman in Oh My Giddy Aunt | Oct 5, 2016
- On the Cruise ShipDate: Tuesday, 10/4/16 - we boarded our AMA river boat cruise ship yesterday around 4 p.m. After we dropped off our little red car OK at the rental place here in Basel, Switzerland. We are safe on board and Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2016 | Oct 4, 2016
- Filling Time.With Frankie fixed and rearing to go it was time for us to return to our much loved Austria! We had a little bit of time to kill before we welcomed our next visitor into Frankie, so we thought we’d Posted by ScottGosling in Those Who Wander | Jul 26, 2016
- Up, up, up in the Alps
Sun, sun, hot sun, hotter sun! And that was how the weather was for Tuesday 19 July with a forecast high of 31c. We left Metmenstetten around 8:30ish and headed north to Posted by lyndel.hebden in Indian Rally Germany 2016 | Jul 20, 2016
- Switzerland - the Alps await!We arrived at the Speck residence late afternoon Sunday 17 July after a brilliant day on the bikes. Our route had taken us through Freusenstadt, Schramberg, St Georgen, Do Posted by lyndel.hebden in Indian Rally Germany 2016 | Jul 18, 2016
- Important Tips for First Time Ski TravelersOne of the most important tips that any first time ski traveler can follow is to find a location that offers lots of options for your needs. You do not want to go on a ski trip that is specific Posted by Assaf Halkin in Assaf Halkin's Travels | Jul 6, 2016
- Tips for Choosing Your First SnowboardGoing snowboarding is a great way to relax, unwind and try something totally fun. If you are new to snowboarding, you might be interested in actually buying a snowboard for yourself as opposed to always renting them out. The best Posted by Assaf Halkin in Assaf Halkin's Travels | Jul 4, 2016
- Titlis[img= Posted by pjandc in Travel is a wonderful thing | Oct 1, 2015
- Brienz to Lucerne[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/831869/DSC_8701.jpg thumb=ht Posted by pjandc in Travel is a wonderful thing | Sep 30, 2015
- Lake BrienzAlthough we are amidst the wettest summer and it is raining everyday today we were able to sit back and admire the views. We took a 3 hour paddle steamer ferry from Interlaken Ost to Brienz. Once we Posted by djssj in Here we go again! | Jun 4, 2016
- Destination unbelievable!Hello and greetings from Switzerland. Can I just say what a reward we got this afternoon after a full on day travel when we arrived at the most spectacular camping ground I have ever travelled to. We were Posted by djssj in Here we go again! | Jun 3, 2016
- Day 42We woke this morning to pouring rain. It has rained all day. Too bad we are not in northern Alberta and Saskatchewan where this kind of rain would stop or slow down the wildfire which is causing so Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | May 12, 2016
- Day 41This morning we were greeted by a cold, rainy day. We were accepting of that as we were planning to travel from Annemasse, France on the outskirts of Geneva, Switzerland to Bern, Switzerland and then on to rural Wyssachen, Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | May 11, 2016
- Day 37We were served a wonderful breakfast at our B & B high on a mountain at a town called Cavagnago. The big surprise was two large pieces of Black Forest Cake. We are not used to being served Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | May 7, 2016
- Day 36We did get a sunset picture last night. It is not spectacular but it is a sunset picture.
This morning we were greeted by a bright sunny mo Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | May 6, 2016
- Day 35This morning we were thrilled to wake up to a bright sunny day. We had such a peaceful night that we had slept until 8 AM. Reta was so excited to see sunshine and clear views of the mountains that Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | May 5, 2016
- Day 34Today was problem solving day. We needed hair cuts, we needed a solution to our cellphone problem and we needed groceries for our stay at Berguen.
We set out to find hair cuts as four weeks had gone by since Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | May 4, 2016