- Lake BrienzAlthough we are amidst the wettest summer and it is raining everyday today we were able to sit back and admire the views. We took a 3 hour paddle steamer ferry from Interlaken Ost to Brienz. Once we Posted by djssj in Here we go again! | Jun 4, 2016
- Destination unbelievable!Hello and greetings from Switzerland. Can I just say what a reward we got this afternoon after a full on day travel when we arrived at the most spectacular camping ground I have ever travelled to. We were Posted by djssj in Here we go again! | Jun 3, 2016
- Day 42We woke this morning to pouring rain. It has rained all day. Too bad we are not in northern Alberta and Saskatchewan where this kind of rain would stop or slow down the wildfire which is causing so Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | May 12, 2016
- Day 41This morning we were greeted by a cold, rainy day. We were accepting of that as we were planning to travel from Annemasse, France on the outskirts of Geneva, Switzerland to Bern, Switzerland and then on to rural Wyssachen, Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | May 11, 2016
- Day 37We were served a wonderful breakfast at our B & B high on a mountain at a town called Cavagnago. The big surprise was two large pieces of Black Forest Cake. We are not used to being served Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | May 7, 2016
- Day 36We did get a sunset picture last night. It is not spectacular but it is a sunset picture.
This morning we were greeted by a bright sunny mo Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | May 6, 2016
- Day 35This morning we were thrilled to wake up to a bright sunny day. We had such a peaceful night that we had slept until 8 AM. Reta was so excited to see sunshine and clear views of the mountains that Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | May 5, 2016
- Day 34Today was problem solving day. We needed hair cuts, we needed a solution to our cellphone problem and we needed groceries for our stay at Berguen.
We set out to find hair cuts as four weeks had gone by since Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | May 4, 2016
- BACKPACKERS MUMBAI
RAPHAEL STRAIGHT FROM SWITZERLAND TO MUMBAI ( INDIA ) STAYED AT BACKPACKERS STAY FOR A WEEK
NICE DECENT INTERESTING Traveller ,his stay in india is for a month Posted by sharingstay in BACKPACKERS HOTEL MUMBAI | Apr 12, 2016
- Olive 9/3/16Today we had our official tour of the house, we had already had a small one to show us where we eat and sleep. The house is so cool! I didn't realise that they had a barn, upstairs!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/808218/C940DACFEB68E21E8AC2F7 Posted by wott.on.earth in wott.on.earth | Mar 15, 2016
- Wil 7/3/16Today we went to a cheese factory that makes Swiss cheese that is exported to America. It was really smelly and there wasn't any information about how to make cheese. We watched a lady looking after the machines and switching Posted by wott.on.earth in wott.on.earth | Mar 13, 2016
- Fresh WowI decided against the title "Fresh Pow" because I didn't think it did enough justice to my adventure through both Switzerland and Austria. I've combined both trips because they were literally back to back, on the same mountain range, and Posted by jbolt in New Opportunities | Mar 11, 2016
- Wil 6/3/16
Today is our first full day in Switzerland and we went to a museum in Sissach (pronounced SEE-sac) near where we are staying. It was called the Heimatmuseum, meaning folk museum. In the museum there where rifles, pistols, swords, knifes, Posted by wott.on.earth in wott.on.earth | Mar 9, 2016
- Olive 6/3/16Today we are in Switzerland in a town called Itingen. We are so close to the border, we can still see Germany from the mountain tops. We did a hike in the mountains to see the ruins of a castle. Posted by wott.on.earth in wott.on.earth | Mar 9, 2016
- LucerneStepping out of the train station, the first very sight Lucerne awards is almost picture perfect - with the Swiss Alps in the background, the Reuss flowing beneath your feet, the swan filled impossibly blue Lake Luzern and the ancient Posted by Ceej in Around the world .... | Feb 26, 2016
- Geneva, Switzerland===La ville de Genève===
Flying out of Heathrow, we made our way towards Geneva, which took us directly over our favourite city - Paris, the City of Light. And it was lit up, clearly visible from 35,000 feet. We could Posted by Tiki Touring in Tiki Touring | Feb 20, 2016
-  Miss the SwissNovember 6 – 8: Zurich, Switzerland
My November travel started off with catching up with a high school friend, Sejal. With our work schedules we haven’t had the chance to spend some time alone so it was a perfect little Posted by Modi Memoirs in Euro-Scapes | Feb 14, 2016
- Lucerne, Paris, and the End of ContikiHello!
I am surprisingly sad to say that my Contiki tour has ended, and basically everyone has gone home. It seems I have grown a bit attached to the Australians, and there were a few tears this morning as we went Posted by jennamiller in And So The Adventure Begins... | Feb 5, 2016
- Geneva Lake Geneva has got to be one of the most happy places in all of Europe.
The Jet d'Eau is the focal point of the lake but the setting of the lake flanked by picturesque hills makes the entire scene breathtaking. Posted by Ceej in Around the world .... | Sep 28, 2015
- Chapter 53: Simply Swiss!Off to see the Luthi family finally, we first met up with Elia and Isabelle in Schaffhausen (daughter of Andy and Jeannine Luthi, longtime friends of Ariel's family). We had just missed their wedding but were happy to see them Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Dec 26, 2015
- Large Hadron Super ColliderOf all my destinations, this is the one that I personally had been looking forward to the most. Having been following the development of String Theory for a number of years, the CERN Supercollider has always held a sense of Posted by Nesawf in Cognitive Distinction | Dec 9, 2015
- GimmelwaldAs I mentioned in the previous post, we stayed in the car-free, accessible only by cable car village of Gimmelwald (a Rick Steves recommendation) whilst in the Berner Oberland. In a region dominated by tourism, this is one town Posted by katie.lewis in 3 Mannheimers and a Baby | Oct 18, 2015
- The Berner OberlandMy brother Jeff got in a week ago and he spent the week exploring Mannheim and taking day trips all over Germany – Frankfurt, Munich, and Heidelberg. He wanted to see another country as well on his first trip Posted by katie.lewis in 3 Mannheimers and a Baby | Oct 15, 2015
- Day 24: I'm on top of the world... or er... an Alp!We had to wake up early today. Like early, early. Like the bus LEFT at 6:30. My body was not made for this. Fortunately, the reason we were waking up early was to hike around the alps, so I wasn't Posted by cedevault in Out of the Suitcase | Oct 7, 2015
- Switzerland: The Eagleton of EuropeSometimes after really living it up at Oktoberfest, you're a little slow moving in the morning.
Which is probably why we had to literally chase after our bus headed to Switzerland.
But the bus driver eventually let us on, after listening Posted by katemancuso in Taken: The Epilogue | Oct 6, 2015