- Berner Oberland, Switzerland Day 1Woke up early and after breakfast made our way to the bus station that took us to the gondola cable car to Mannlichen, a 30 minute ride with spectacular views. From there we hiked about 1 1/2 hours to the Posted by lcostet in Passport 2 Travel | Oct 23, 2014
- Switzerland and the RhineToday we checked out of the Radisson Blu in Lucerne and headed for Basel, where we would tour the city and board AMACello for our trip north to Amsterdam. It was a pretty ride the 80 or so km Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Oct 17, 2014
- Switzerland and the RhineAlthough there was some rain overnight, our walking tour this morning was dry and the day turned sunny and we had a nice lunch along side the river. Lucerne is a holiday paradise during the prime season with many folks Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Oct 15, 2014
- Switzerland and the RhineWe traveled through the Swiss countryside the 60 or so Km from Zurich to Lucerne. It was a wonderful journey as the sun was shining and the weather was great. You can really get a feel for the Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Oct 14, 2014
- Switzerland and the RhineToday, we started our AMA Waterways experience. Our morning commenced at 0930 with a brief bus overview of the sights of the city and it's historic landmarks and then we walked through the old town and ended up on Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Oct 13, 2014
- Switzerland and the RhineOur main purpose in coming to Geneva was to visit the CERN Laboratory, which is celebrating its 50th birthday. For anyone with some knowledge and interest in sub-atomic physics, this is Mecca, as it is the largest accelerator in Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Oct 12, 2014
- Switzerland and the RhineWell, after a somewhat longer break than desired for the birth of our three new grandbabies, I am back on the road... Yesterday I flew to Geneva through Paris. The Dulles to Paris leg was aboard the double Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Oct 10, 2014
- Mellow Day in ZurichWe had a nice and relaxing day in Zurich. Emily left for practice around 9:00 something and I didn't even move I was still so tired. I woke up an hour later and checked on Justin out on the couch. Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Oct 9, 2014
- The Eagle's Nest & DachauWe woke up before the sun this morning. We got up bright and early at 6:45 to pack up and get ready for our long day ahead of us. We walked down to have some toast and coffee and were Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Oct 8, 2014
- Mt Pilatus and swiss chocolate!Many people have told us that Switzerland is one of the most beautiful places in Europe. Those same people have also said it was very expensive. They weren't wrong...on both accounts! I guess there is always a price for beauty Posted by renee.coutts in Nae and the flying bear go to Europe | Oct 7, 2014
- Lake LucerneWe got up early and had some breakfast on the deck at the Aescher Guesthouse before hiking back to the cable car and the ride back down to our car. Then we drove to beautiful Lake Lucerne and walked Posted by lcostet in Passport 2 Travel | Oct 6, 2014
- Ebenalp, SwitzerlandAfter leaving Fussen, we drove onto Appenzell where we stopped at an ATM so I could get some Swiss Francs, and then onto Wasserauen. We parked in the parking lot and packed what we needed for one night and headed Posted by lcostet in Passport 2 Travel | Oct 6, 2014
- St. Moritz to Zurich - 9/27/2014 Two trains and a walk9/27 - We say goodbye to St. Moritz and begin our long journey home to L.A. - a 2-hour train to Chur, then another hour trip on a fast train into Zurich.
Arrive in Z Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2014 | Sep 27, 2014
- Zermatt to St. Moritz - 9/26/2014 Glacier Express!9/26 - We hop aboard the Glacier Express for an 8 hour train ride through the Swiss Alps - from Zermatt to St. Moritz (close to Italy's border). It is a long day on the train, and not quite Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2014 | Sep 27, 2014
- Auf Wiedersehen, Zürich!And we're off!! With mixed emotions, we bid farewell... well, more like "see you later"... to our dear Switzerland. As we sit on our bus driving us to Milan, we can't help but remember all the wonderful memories Posted by NicoleandJens in Eastbound and Onwards | Sep 27, 2014
- Wengen to Zermatt - 9/25/2014 we arrive at the Matterhorn!9/25 - well, Disneyland's ride never looked like this! Got up early in Wengen again and took a few trains over to Zermatt, Switzerland to hopefully get a view of the real Matterhorn. We were not disappointed. Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2014 | Sep 26, 2014
- Wengen - Thun 9/24/2014 Motorcycle ride!9/24 - well I was shocked too, but the photos below prove it really did happen. We got up at the crack of dawn, grabbed breakfast at Hotel Alpenrose and headed down the hill to Interlaken - 4 trains Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2014 | Sep 25, 2014
- Zurich SwitzerlandWas only in Zurich for what seemed like a few short hours. My train got in from Geneva around 4 in the afternoon and as it was pouring rain I went straight to the hotel and checked in. The hotel Posted by CStopero in European Adventure | Sep 24, 2014
- Wengen - 9/23/2014 Jungfraujoch, highest point in Europe9/23 - it's not hard to see why people come here year round. It was an absolute perfect day in Switzerland, the photo's speak for themselves.
Took our day trip up to Jungfraujoch, tallest point in Europe at over 11,000 Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2014 | Sep 24, 2014
- Wengen - 9/22/2014 Murren hike, Mt. Schilthorn9/22 - It rained hard last night so everything was wet this morning. Clouds and some sun peeking through, so we decided to do a hike. Down the hill on a train to Lauterbrunnen, across the station to Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2014 | Sep 23, 2014
- The hills are alive!
For the past four days we've found ourselves in the land of cheese and chocolate. Switzerland is unlike any other country we've ever been to. As the train descends Posted by tylerandshawna in Tyler and Shawna's Great Adventure | Sep 23, 2014
- Lucerne to Wengen - 9/21/2014 Hotel Alpenrose9/21 - How do you spell "beautiful"? How about "Swiss Alps"!
Had a quick breakfast in our Lucerne hotel, said good bye and caught our train to Interlaken. The 2-hour trip started out in the rain then slowly got Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2014 | Sep 22, 2014
- Geneva, SwitzerlandThe flight over was great, flying international first class is the only way to go even though if it were not for points, it would be totally unafforadable.
I made it from the airport to he hotel with no problem. Posted by CStopero in European Adventure | Sep 21, 2014
- Lucerne - 9/20/2014 Swiss Transport Museum, Boat tour9/20 - be sure to see the 9/19 blog post first, don't want you to miss out (ha!).
Today was an easy day, but we really did a lot somehow. Shopping, Swiss Museum of Transportation, we test drive the new Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2014 | Sep 20, 2014
- Lucerne - 9/19/2014 Bike tour, the Lion, walk-a-bout9/19 - found out our Hotel has 2 E-bikes (bicycles with electric assist) that they loan to their guests for free! So, we fork over 100 Swiss Francs as a deposit and head out on a 12K ride around Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2014 | Sep 20, 2014