- Not all hostels are created equal.Leaving Italy was hard. I loved Cinque Terre so much and I had developed friendships with the hostel staff. Andrea, the great guy that runs the hostel, even drove me down to the train station himself. I was also offered Posted by kbuck0828 in Wandering Wonderland | May 31, 2014
- Time to catch our breath!Well, we need to catch up ith our trip the past couple of days. First our stop in Lucerne, Switzerland, a small community that you may have seen future recently on the Amazing Race TV show. Yes, the Posted by jonaway in It's Tuesday we must be in Amsterdam | May 14, 2014
- Adventure TimeWe woke early on Sunday morning and set off on our grand journey. So 2 hour train to Zurich (spent half an hour there LOL just to say we'd been there) then 1.5h train to Locarno, 30min bus to Verzasca Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | May 14, 2014
- Starstruck in Der SchweizWoke up at the unearthly hour of 4 am to catch my 650am flight to Geneva. After not being able to fall asleep the night before, I was running on 3h sleep (for me, a disaster) so I slept the Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | May 14, 2014
- Day 9We leave Italy north wards to Switzerland. As we approach Milan the number of trucks on the road and congestion increases exponentially!!! I find out from Miki, our driver, that in Europe no trucks are allowed from 5 pm Posted by alitabrown in Europe 2014 | May 12, 2014
- Preparing to Rediscover a Good FriendWe started this Travellerspoint experience as a way to thank everybody who somehow contributed to our California trip in October 2013. The older posts in here related to that experience, and it is still possible for anyone interested to read Posted by dindiosk in Current Destination: Greece and Turkey | Apr 7, 2014
- SwitzerlandToday we drove from France into Switzerland. My they are so close! Switzerland scenery is stunning, like chocolate box country. We drove through Basel onto the Jung Frau region, and stayed in a small town called Wilderswill.
We cruised through the Posted by mccoach-cripps in mccoach-cripps travels | Mar 22, 2014
- 2013 P8 TRAINS AROUND SWITZERLAND - ZURICH===ZURICH===
MINUS THE GNOMES. DID NOT SEE A ONE.
SINCE I HAVE A GO-ANYWHERE TICKET & THE WEATHER IS DISMAL, I GO TO THE STATION & TAKE THE NEXT AVAILABLE TRAIN OUT & FOLLOW IT TO THE END OF THE LINE. Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 1, 2005
- 2013 P7 TRAINS AROUND SWITZERLAND - CHUR TO ZERMATTTHE GLACIER EXPRESS FROM CHUR TO ZERMATT IS PROBABLY THE MOST FAMOUS OF THE SWISS PANORAMIC TRAINS.
AND THIS MIGHT EXPLAIN WHY IT WAS SO CROWDED.
IT IS INDEED A GREAT RIDE, WITH SOME SPECTACULAR SCENERY BUT NOT AT ALL GOOD Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 1, 2005
- 2013 P6 TRAINS AROUND SWITZERLAND - ST. MORITZ TO CHURLEAVING ST .MORITZ, I HAVE TO TRAVEL BACK TO TIRANO IN ITALY, THEN BACK PASSED ST. MORITZ TO CHUR.
THE SWISS AGENT CAME UP WITH THE ITINERARY & I WAS A BIT CONFUSED AS TO WHY ALL THE TOOING & Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 1, 2005
- 2013 P5 TRAINS AROUND SWITZERLAND - ST. MORITZST. MORITZ
FABLED, RICH MANS PLAYGROUND.
JET SETTERS - MOVIE STARS - PRINCESSES.
WELL- NOT WHEN I WAS THERE. IT WAS STRANGELY EMPTY.
APRE SKI & PRE SUMMER HORDES? MY BONUS ANYWAY..
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/645621/P1110611.j Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 1, 2005
- 2013 P4 TRAINS AROUND SWITZERLAND - LUCERNE TO ST. MORITZTODAY I HEAD SOUTH ON THE WILLIAM TELL PANORAMIC EXPRESS, WHICH STARTS AS A BOAT RIDE DOWN THE LENGTH OF THE VERY PICTURESQUE LAKE LUCERNE, TO LUGANO FOR THREE NIGHTS
AT THE TICKET OFFICE I AM GIVEN A SOUVENIR OF THE Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 1, 2005
- 2013 P3 TRAINS AROUND SWITZERLAND - LUCERNE
[center][[http://hasbeen.travellerspoint.com/236/|HERE IS THE PRIOR LEG]][/center]
I TOOK THE TRAIN AGAIN TO LUCERNE, EAST & NORTH A BIT FROM INTERLAKEN
THIS LION IS THE CITIES SYMBOL...
[img=http://photos.travellerspoin Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 1, 2005
- 2013 P2 TRAINS AROUND SWITZERLAND - INTERLAKEN & JUNGFRAU[center][[http://hasbeen.travellerspoint.com/233/|HERE IS THE PRIOR LEG...]][/center]
.....itself does not get a very good writeup but I quite enjoyed it. Weather had warmed up so that helped.
Interlaken is a good base for tr Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 1, 2005
- 2013 P1 TRAINS AROUND SWITZERLAND - GENEVA TO INTERLAKEN===SWITZERLAND===
IT DOES NOT HAVE A COASTLINE, SO I HAD NOT THOUGHT OF IT TOO SERIOUSLY AS A DESTINATION.
UNTIL, ON A RECENT CRUISE I MET A CROATIAN LADY WHO RAVED ABOUT IT.
THERE ARE SEVERAL PANORAMIC TRAINS CRISS-CROSSING THE ENTIRE Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 1, 2005
- SwitzerlandWhen I thought the view from our train cabin couldn’t get any better, we got to experience the mind blowing scenery on the trip from Austria to Switzerland. Our train ran right through the Swiss alps, we were glued to Posted by Justo81 in Europe - Mel and Justin (2014) | Feb 13, 2014
- Travelling in the Land of Kagifrets - Part 5 After the first day of ski lessons, Hans took us to a beautiful restaurant for lunch. The Hotel Misani has all wood walls in the local style. They had a lovely soft sheen and apparently they give it wash with Posted by suntosnow in Saying goodbye to summer.... | Jan 21, 2014
- Il viaggioL'aveva già scritto Seneca - e Socrate prima di lui - in una lettera al suo amico Lucilio:
[i]Credi che questo sia capitato soltanto a te e ti meravigli come di una cosa straordinaria che, nonostante le tue peregrinazioni così Posted by ninabuffi in Il viaggio dei gufi | Jan 21, 2014
- Sunrise in the land of KagifretsHere is a little timelapse of the sunrise from the balcony of the apartment at Samedan, Engadin Valley.
Posted by suntosnow in Saying goodbye to summer.... | Jan 16, 2014
- Travelling in the Land of Kagifrets - Part 4Dominique organized one of the loveliest days, her and Hans drove all of us, including Leo the Spanish Sheepdog, to nearby Sils and we went from there on a horse and cart up the mountain a little way. Wrapped warmly Posted by suntosnow in Saying goodbye to summer.... | Jan 6, 2014
- Travelling in the Land of Kagifrets - Part 3 - Winter sportsThough neither Randy or I wished to go downhill skiing due to fears about our aging bodies and doing something to ruin the last two weeks of travel, we did book the boys into some lessons. Much excitement was had Posted by suntosnow in Saying goodbye to summer.... | Jan 6, 2014
- Travelling in the land of Kagifrets - Part 2The trip from Zurich to Samedan took the whole morning, with the train gradually getting higher up the mountains, with a fast train to Chur then the slower train through the Bernina Pass. After the change at Chur, people were Posted by suntosnow in Saying goodbye to summer.... | Jan 5, 2014
- Travelling in the land of Kagifrets Part 1Leaving Anna, Steve and Adam in Nottingham was not as hard as we thought, knowing that we will see them in a week from now in Italy. So we flew out of East Midlands Airport and into Amsterdam to catch Posted by suntosnow in Saying goodbye to summer.... | Jan 5, 2014
- Our last day in ZurichOur last day in Zurich and a sleep in after the long day yesterday. David ducked out for pastries and drinks for breakfast while we slowly got ready for the day and packed our bags.
We checked out, stored our luggage Posted by smenarry in UK.USA 2013.14 | Dec 31, 2013
- Lucerne, Engelberg and Mt TitlisAnother day of exploration, this time to find some snow.
We all layered up in thermals, fleeces and coats for the day ahead.
We took the train from Zurich to Lucerne and then on to Engelberg at the foot of Mt Titlis. Posted by smenarry in UK.USA 2013.14 | Dec 31, 2013