- Our last day in ZurichOur last day in Zurich and a sleep in after the long day yesterday. David ducked out for pastries and drinks for breakfast while we slowly got ready for the day and packed our bags.
We checked out, stored our luggage Posted by smenarry in UK.USA 2013.14 | Dec 31, 2013
- Lucerne, Engelberg and Mt TitlisAnother day of exploration, this time to find some snow.
We all layered up in thermals, fleeces and coats for the day ahead.
We took the train from Zurich to Lucerne and then on to Engelberg at the foot of Mt Titlis. Posted by smenarry in UK.USA 2013.14 | Dec 31, 2013
- ’tis the season to be jolly. And to overeat.Two family Christmas meals later and numerous regular meals later, the conclusion is that the Swiss overcook their veggies. The cauliflower and broccoli taste pretty similar as they’ve been boiled to nirvana. The carrots are an orange mush as are Posted by Goofy9 in AdventureTwoPointO | Dec 28, 2013
- The AlpsThursday, December 19,2013
Weather: high 30's and overcast
Today we had a big adventure! We took the train from Basel to Lucerne (Switzerland). It's about an hour train ride. From Lucerne we took a narrow gauge railroad to Engelberg which is Posted by toursbym in Tours by Margaret | Dec 19, 2013
- Thanksgiving in SwitzerlandThanks to my friend Erin, we spent our Thanksgiving in Zweisimmen, Switzerland. I have to be honest and say that I fought her a little bit on this one and here is why. The Swiss customs website says that one Posted by trackers in ¡Global Nada! | Dec 18, 2013
- BaselWeather: overcast, mid 40's
Wednesday, December 18, 2013
Greetings from Basel, Switzerland!
Today we disembarked from the cruise at 10am in Basel, Switzerland. We had to vacate our room by 9am but we could wait in the lounge until 10am. Since Posted by toursbym in Tours by Margaret | Dec 18, 2013
- ZurichBlog post according to James - On the plane only the coolest people stayed awake for the first few hours it was a test of determination and awesomeness. Of our family everyone slept but James in the Posted by smenarry in UK.USA 2013.14 | Dec 18, 2013
- Santa has already been here Christmas is a decidedly low-key affair here. Sure, the one big main street, Bahnhoffstrasse, has pretty lights, though nothing in excess like the bright blue Christmas lights in Singapore. There are pretty trees here and there, but nothing like the Posted by Goofy9 in AdventureTwoPointO | Dec 16, 2013
- Mini Retirement[[http://www.fourhourworkweek.com|Four Hour Work Week]] - Read this book in 2010. Even though I don’t believe I can architect my life in a manner that allows me to only work 4 hours a week, the author does have some clever ideas. Posted by Goofy9 in AdventureTwoPointO | Dec 10, 2013
- THE MOST DANGEROUS DAY OF OUR TRIPDuring these six months travelling we have had several special memories that involved adrenaline, such us riding a motorbike in Vietnam, biking around the busy streets of Cambodia, getting a flat tyre in the middle of the Angkor Wat temple Posted by erika_simon in Simplicity, Inspiration and Angels | Dec 8, 2013
- Of Closets and Children's HospitalsThere’s so much about the housing here that is different. For example, it is more common than uncommon to just have one master bathroom for a family. The bathroom is considered a family room - meant to be shared, like Posted by Goofy9 in AdventureTwoPointO | Nov 30, 2013
- Jimi Hendrix is My NeighborKid you not - next door neighbor. Haven’t seen him though. Certain he’s there, strumming with Elvis.
Moving house has been like a military operation - with movement plans, str Posted by Goofy9 in AdventureTwoPointO | Nov 21, 2013
- Too many many things to learnApartments do not come with light fixtures or any window dressing (not even basic white slats). So you spend god-awful amounts of money buying curtains (that you probably can never use in another place again but still need decent ones Posted by Goofy9 in AdventureTwoPointO | Nov 12, 2013
- McDonald's and/or Passive SmokeThis past weekend was [[http://translate.google.ch/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/R%25C3%25A4beliechtli&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dr%25C3%25A4beliechtli%26lr%3Dlang_en%26newwindow%3D1%26client%3Dsafari%26sa%3DX%26rls%3Den%26biw%3D1439%26bih% Posted by Goofy9 in AdventureTwoPointO | Nov 6, 2013
- SQ 346 Landing and Digressions on Writing a BiographyIf I had to write an autbiography, how would I go about it? There are many methods, I am told, according to [[http://www.publishersweekly.com/978-0-312-14282-7|this book I just started reading]] (the one I checked out from the Zurich Public Library). Ther Posted by Goofy9 in AdventureTwoPointO | Oct 30, 2013
- Where it all began...Am Anfang da ist dieser Traum, diese Sehnsucht, dieses Verlangen, man steht z.B. irgendwo in den Bergen und starrt in die Ferne, sieht auf einen See hinaus auf der Suche nach einer Antwort, doch dann wird es einem auf einmal Posted by RealJourney in REAL JOURNEYS | Oct 26, 2013
- $50 Million in One Cornervan Gogh and Cezanne in one corner - right next to each other, opposite Monet. On Googling, learned that [[http://www.theartwolf.com/10_expensive.htm|one of Cezanne’s pieces]] sold for $258 million to the Qatar Royal Family! One of the most expensive piec Posted by Goofy9 in AdventureTwoPointO | Oct 26, 2013
- ZurichZurich is a stunning, delightful, interesting, fascinating, captivating, intriguing and peaceful place. We have walked the streets in the old part of the town and down and along the lake. It has a relaxed feel about it, and Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Oct 25, 2013
- Milano to Tirano to Chur to ZurichWhen we started out on these three separate train journeys, we did not realise what a big day of train travelling it was going to be. Partly through a lack of preparedness and partly due to the fact Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Oct 24, 2013
- Ace or AssLearning another languages should teach me patience, with myself. That it is a process of acquiring a new skill and it will take time. Immersion helps but it's only been a week! Today, I was annoyed with me because I Posted by Goofy9 in AdventureTwoPointO | Oct 23, 2013
- Tirano, Italy, via Bernina Pass, to St Moritz, SwitzerlandIt only took us around five kms out of Tirano to cross the Swiss border. There was a beautiful lake there with a view of the alps. We started climbing the mountains and a lot more cars were also doing Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Oct 21, 2013
- Sticker Shock in SwitzerlandStarbucks Chai Tea Latte, Tall, Soy, Extra Hot, No Foam, Single Pump. 6 Swiss Franks for a Tall! Really seriously, yes. Grande in the US costs about $4 and the shorter Tall here is $6.47. WTH. And for those of Posted by Goofy9 in AdventureTwoPointO | Oct 21, 2013
- Adventure 2.0It's been many months...The summer months were spent wrestling with important decisions. Decisions that had been in the making for over a year; some decisions just need time to "ferment" and to feel like they are the right thing. And Posted by Goofy9 in May The Blog Be with You | Oct 20, 2013
- The PolterabendNo, not a night spent hunting poltergeists, but rather a Swiss German bachelorette night! My friend Eileen is getting married at the end of August and I was invited along to her polterabend. Aside from the usual goings Posted by chinaadventurer in switzerlandbound | Oct 15, 2013
- Sankt Nikolaus Tag and Fackeling at the OT Christmas PartyDecember 6 was St Nicholas Day here in Switzerland. There was a small parade through the old town -- it was quite a sight to see about 20 St Nicks on horseback followed by about another 10 playing in a Posted by chinaadventurer in switzerlandbound | Oct 15, 2013