- Manchester to ZurichWe leave Etrop grand hotel, it was quite grand the staff dressed very finely, to drop off our hire car, no scratches. It is always amazing how time flies when catching flights. By the time the car gets dropped off Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jul 14, 2015
- Gstaad to Bern to OberhofenWe were going to skip Bern until I read that it is a must see on the Aare River. It is very hot here. Hundreds of teenagers and young adults were jumping off of low bridges, the edges of Posted by MarleneRHughes in Switzerland July 2015 | Jul 14, 2015
- ANDERMATT (SWITZERLAND) JULY 8th & 9thQuite a long time ago our group were having a chat one day and came up with the idea to "do" a trip to the European Alps.
It has now happened - we have made it. Aitch designed a group Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | Jul 9, 2015
- July 2, 2015/AdjustingMy cousin will be arriving tomorrow at 1 pm. She will not stay over and I think
is coming again next week. Today we drove south toward a town called Neuders to
shop at a big market.. It was a grueling drive Posted by MarleneRHughes in Switzerland July 2015 | Jul 1, 2015
- June 30, 2015/In flight Posted by MarleneRHughes in Switzerland July 2015 | Jun 29, 2015
- July 3, 2015/Visit and Lunch w/ my cousin SylviaBefore Silvia we took a walk to a church in the village- it had a cemetery behind it which showed how families compete with each other to see who can grow the most beautiful flowers on their loved ones Posted by MarleneRHughes in Switzerland July 2015 | Jul 2, 2015
- July 3, 2015/Samnaun[img=http://pho Posted by MarleneRHughes in Switzerland July 2015 | Jul 2, 2015
- LAKE COMO (ITALY) to ANDERMATT (SWITZERLAND) JULY 7thAfter a fantastic night at our Agriturismo (farm stay style hotel) high up above Lake Como we wound our way back down the mountain and back on the road again.
No photos - unfortunately - as it was very hazy over Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | Jul 7, 2015
- Europe 2015 - SwitzerlandWe had a small taste of Switzerland, mostly by train. The first train, Bernina Express, left from Tirano, Italy and ended in Chur (pronounced Coor), Switzerland.
I found us a B&B in the vineyards outside Chur in Malans. Unfortunately, it Posted by BETHAU in Rambling Woman | Jun 22, 2015
- Basel, SwitzerlandWe departed the ship and back to just the 2 of us, with no one to tell us its time to eat, sightsee etc... having to make our own decisions again....
There is not much in Basel and almost Posted by anvic in Vicki & Julia go German | Jun 8, 2015
- Zurich, Switzerland Day One
I have arrived at Zurich's Klosten International Airport after a short 3 hour flight from Lisbon. I paid about $350.00 for the flight. The distance between the two cities is 1724.24 kilometres.
It is still early in the Posted by acrm2015 in My Dream Trip Around the World | Jun 8, 2015
- LAUTERBRUNNEN to THUN - JUNE 7thLast night after settling in for a pre-dinner drink on the balcony we were stunned with how quickly the weather changed. Huge storm came in within minutes and the mountains disappeared. Sound and light show continued for a Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | Jun 7, 2015
- LAUTERBRUNNEN - JUNE 6thOur destination today - the Jungfraujoch 3454m above seal level.
Our wake up call this morning - cows clanging their bells as they walked through the main street. The best Alarm Cl Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | Jun 6, 2015
- KONSTANZ (GERMANY) to LAUTERBRUNNEN (SWITZERLAND) - JUNE 5thNothing compares to the excitement of your first view of the Alps, especially when that is exactly where we are going.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/576870/IMG_1758__1024x68 Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | Jun 5, 2015
- Day 16 – 2 June (Tuesday)It was another sunny day – I am very thankful for this. We went for breakfast at 7.30am this morning. It was the same as yesterday and again we ate up big. After breakfast Bill and I went to see Posted by Tomheasley in Tom Andrew and Bill | Jun 3, 2015
- Day 15 – 1 June (Monday)We headed over to the Oberland Hotel at about 8.00am for our free breakfast. It was a continental breakfast – but quite substantial. We all ate up big. The only hot things were coffee/tea and boiled eggs.
After breakfast Andrew wanted Posted by Tomheasley in Tom Andrew and Bill | Jun 2, 2015
- Day 14 – 31 May (Sunday)We leave Italy today for 5 nights – 3 nights in Lauterbrunnen and 2 nights in Munich – we then return to Italy to the Dolomites for 3 nights. I have loved Italy – its scenery and its culture and Posted by Tomheasley in Tom Andrew and Bill | Jun 1, 2015
- The Only Thing We Saw at the Top of the Mountain Was WhiteThe weather in Luzern has finally cleared up and we woke up to a bright sunny day. After breakfast we headed to the train station to start the Golden Circle tour of Mount Pilatus. First, we took a Posted by AnneO in Euro2015 | May 27, 2015
- Swiss Chocolate, or the Day Patti Went CuckooToday marks the half-way point of our trip and it is our first full day in Luzern. The forecast was for rain all day long, but fortunately meteorologists here are about as accurate as at home, because it has Posted by AnneO in Euro2015 | May 26, 2015
- On To Rainy SwitzerlandBy popular demand, here is a picture of dinner. We went to a French bistro for our last dinner in Paris and had classic French food. It was a very cool place and very crowded. I had Posted by AnneO in Euro2015 | May 25, 2015
- Interlaken - SuíçaQuando planejávamos a ida àquela terra séria e pontual chamada Suíça já havíamos ouvido falar dos famosos "Alpes Suíços" mas não imaginávamos que ali encontravam-se os melhores e na minha opinião mais bonitos picos nevados do mundo! Basta ver o Posted by Augustus Nettus in A vida é feita de viagens... | May 21, 2015
- Zurique - SuíçaAhhhhh a Suíça, como foi mesmo que eu fui parar lá? Sim... sim, foi por medo! Medo da minha namorada e companheira de viagem Denise Rodrigues... Planejávamos há meses a tão sonhada viagem para a Europa mas o medo dela Posted by Augustus Nettus in A vida é feita de viagens... | May 21, 2015
- Ready to go!I decided to throw in an extra sweater and dress, just in case. My suitcase is heavy enough, but not too full. In the plane I close my eyes, I do not even remember taking off. It is really nice Posted by Hinta in Fighting Ebola | Apr 17, 2015
- Wieder in der SchweizHallo zusammen
Seit gestern Abend bin ich wieder in der Schweiz. Nach ein paar Resttagen mit dem Rad in Florida ging für mich der Flieger zuerst nach Düsseldorf. Dort gab es dann ein wenig Urlaubserholung mit Katina, Familie und Freunden.
Anschliess Posted by Snowshoe in Coast2Coast | Apr 9, 2015
- Top of the LakeOn our final stop, I hang my head at my former self, who protested against spending any longer than a week in Switzerland. "It will be cold", I complained; "and it costs an arm and a leg". I am so Posted by gpontour in THE JOURNEY | Mar 30, 2015