- Star date 271212: Captains logGuys, Red here giving you all the latest update . After a busy time at Zug we set off for a few days at Montreux. Using the trusty old "Sat-Nav" we first stopped at Bern, seriously what an amazing city, Posted by O'Connor in The O'Connor's unplug Switzerland | Dec 30, 2012
- Musée des Arts d'Extrême-OrientToday Mum and I visited [[http://fondation-baur.ch/en/home|Baur Fondation Musée des Arts d'Extrême-Orient]]. We saw some incredible jewellery from all over asia. They also had a samurai outfit, which was awesome, including bear fur boots. The building tha Posted by christmas_jatz in Absolutely Certainly | Dec 27, 2012
- Chapter #0: Prologue
So, here we go: the first entry of my blog about my travel around the world.
I wanted to write a few lines before leaving Switzerland, to explain exactly what is going to hap Posted by jack87jack in Spinning around | Jan 4, 2013
- To Engelberg and back again On Christmas Day, we had much success in discovering that the opening hours of many tourist destinations extended to public holidays. So today, on Boxing Day, we planned a beautiful day travelling up the world's steepest cog train to the Posted by O'Connor in The O'Connor's unplug Switzerland | Dec 26, 2012
- Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic ZerosMy friend, or rather a past love interest, recommended this band to me. I'd never heard of them before. But then one of my best friends made me a mix cd for Christmas, and it had a few of their Posted by christmas_jatz in Absolutely Certainly | Dec 26, 2012
- Beginners FrenchI have grand intentions to learn French in the next 2 months. Today I managed to order deux chocolats chauds. Other than that, I struggle. Today I have also been trying to learn how to pronounce "ma prononciation est terrible". Posted by christmas_jatz in Absolutely Certainly | Dec 26, 2012
- A Very Merry ChristmasAnd so the fairy tale trip continues with a fairy tale evening celebrating Christmas. Having been invited to our friends Maria and Herman's place for a traditional "evening of the 24th" celebration, we were blown away by the beautiful decorations Posted by O'Connor in The O'Connor's unplug Switzerland | Dec 25, 2012
- Black Swamp in Cabbage TownWe are finally here! The name of our town is something to do with cabbages, and our street name means black swamp. So far it hasn't been too swampy, and I am yet to see a cabbage.
This morning, my sister Posted by christmas_jatz in Absolutely Certainly | Dec 25, 2012
- On top of the worldHello Pat here (cheers), I know I'm very excited myself. I've decided after my mothers long and detailed writing that I would attempt to keep my entree short and sour.
An early morning after an early night we prepared ourselves for Posted by O'Connor in The O'Connor's unplug Switzerland | Dec 22, 2012
- ZURICHWe slept well last night- still woke up in the darkness, but it turned out it was 8am! We ate Swiss fruit loops for breakfast, and discovered that the sugar content was MUCH lower here... and hence they were MUCH Posted by O'Connor in The O'Connor's unplug Switzerland | Dec 20, 2012
- Arrival in ZugWe loved the flight from Hong Kong to Switzerland- Nat particularly enjoyed running into a year 11 student on the plane (it's not a real European trip unless you run into some students ehe?)
Managed to get on the train Posted by O'Connor in The O'Connor's unplug Switzerland | Dec 19, 2012
- A post about not much at all ...Today was a relatively uneventful day. We just had a train trip from Interlaken to Chur with 2 train-change stops arriving at our hotel at Chur just after lunch time. We have discovered changing trains can be a little stressful. Posted by pennells in Europe Trip 2012 | Dec 6, 2012
- JungfraujochToday was our day to visit Jungfraujoch (Europe's highest rail station) ... it nearly didn't happen as the lines were closed when we went to go up due to too much snow ... the delay ended up being perfect timing Posted by pennells in Europe Trip 2012 | Dec 4, 2012
- Lausanne ... relax dayOur day started with a little bit of excitement ... as we sat down for breakfast, Dianna said "I had a dream last night that it was going to snow today" and wouldn't you know it, Brendan points out the Posted by pennells in Europe Trip 2012 | Dec 2, 2012
- "The trees are all white! OOooohhhh Nooooo!!"Short blog post today :P We hopped on a train today and made our way to Geneva .. catching the train in Paris was an interesting experience with limited French and a train station about 100 times the size of Posted by pennells in Europe Trip 2012 | Dec 1, 2012
- Credit Card Authorization (What You Need To Know)
Authorization hold (also card authorization, preauthorization, or preauth) is the practice within the banking industry of authorizing electronic transactions done with a debit card or Posted by Jetzy's Crib in Verbiage Playbook | Nov 30, 2012
- As véias no velho mundo!!!==Pegamos o trem em Strasbourg as 7 e 50 da manha! Pra chegar em Chur (na Suiça) eram 3 trens: o primeiro de Strasbourg para Mulhouse, o segundo de Mulhouse para Zurich e o terceiro de Zurich para Chur!
Imaginem Posted by Le_e_Dan in Leticia & Danilo | Nov 28, 2012
- Leaving SchipholVandaag maandag 12 november, eerst nog naar mijn werk geweest, de laatste zaken proberen over te dragen en dan eindelijk op weg. Een tussen stop op Kloten, Zurich en dan door naar Kaapstad. Daar hopen we morgen ochtend uitgerust wakker Posted by frankm in South Africa 2012 | Nov 12, 2012
- Switzerland Summer 2012
Walking in the mountains nice!
Beautiful place for a rest from hiking.
Marjo Posted by bstead in Traveltime in Europe | Nov 11, 2012
- Friday Oct, 5thFriday Oct 5th- Friday we were supposed to leave for the Mountains, which I was excited about, but because the weather was supposed to be terribly we pushed back the trip a few days on Friday afternoon. Although I was Posted by AlexaCurrier in With Love From Switzerland | Nov 9, 2012
- Mürren – Like a real life festive film!
Arriving in Mürren was so exciting! It was my first snowy holiday and I was eager to see the for myself those scenes that adorn the glossy pages of countless travel books – infinitely deep Posted by lauracerys in Destino Infinito | Oct 18, 2012
- Day 28Today was the BEST day. We headed up to visit Jungfrau Mountain. This mountain was amazing, you are seriously on top of the world. This was the sheer slopes of this UNESCO World Heritage-listed site on a cog rail to Posted by MillieA in European Adventure | Oct 4, 2012
- Day 27Today we headed to Switzerland were we were staying for 2 days. We left Munich for a long drive to past the stony cliffs of Liechtenstein, into the capital, Vaduz, where we got some lunch and had to change some Posted by MillieA in European Adventure | Oct 3, 2012
- Sailing through SwitzerlandThis might be an Australian thing, but when we are travelling to new countries we are always enamoured with those that have snow-capped mountains. Can’t really explain it, as neither of us are avid skiers or boarders (although we would Posted by 270days in Around the world in 270 days | Oct 7, 2012
- Between France and SwitzerlandFinally left France and the TGV's nightmare! Unfortunately, the first few hours in Strasbourg were spent under constant showers. This did not, however, stopped me from strolling around Petite France, gazing at those romantic houses, as if I was in Posted by Billabongirl in Citizen of the world | Oct 7, 2012