- ZurichBlog post according to James - On the plane only the coolest people stayed awake for the first few hours it was a test of determination and awesomeness. Of our family everyone slept but James in the Posted by smenarry in UK.USA 2013.14 | Dec 18, 2013
- Santa has already been here Christmas is a decidedly low-key affair here. Sure, the one big main street, Bahnhoffstrasse, has pretty lights, though nothing in excess like the bright blue Christmas lights in Singapore. There are pretty trees here and there, but nothing like the Posted by Goofy9 in AdventureTwoPointO | Dec 16, 2013
- Mini Retirement[[http://www.fourhourworkweek.com|Four Hour Work Week]] - Read this book in 2010. Even though I don’t believe I can architect my life in a manner that allows me to only work 4 hours a week, the author does have some clever ideas. Posted by Goofy9 in AdventureTwoPointO | Dec 10, 2013
- THE MOST DANGEROUS DAY OF OUR TRIPDuring these six months travelling we have had several special memories that involved adrenaline, such us riding a motorbike in Vietnam, biking around the busy streets of Cambodia, getting a flat tyre in the middle of the Angkor Wat temple Posted by erika_simon in Simplicity, Inspiration and Angels | Dec 8, 2013
- Of Closets and Children's HospitalsThere’s so much about the housing here that is different. For example, it is more common than uncommon to just have one master bathroom for a family. The bathroom is considered a family room - meant to be shared, like Posted by Goofy9 in AdventureTwoPointO | Nov 30, 2013
- Jimi Hendrix is My NeighborKid you not - next door neighbor. Haven’t seen him though. Certain he’s there, strumming with Elvis.
Moving house has been like a military operation - with movement plans, str Posted by Goofy9 in AdventureTwoPointO | Nov 21, 2013
- Too many many things to learnApartments do not come with light fixtures or any window dressing (not even basic white slats). So you spend god-awful amounts of money buying curtains (that you probably can never use in another place again but still need decent ones Posted by Goofy9 in AdventureTwoPointO | Nov 12, 2013
- McDonald's and/or Passive SmokeThis past weekend was [[http://translate.google.ch/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/R%25C3%25A4beliechtli&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dr%25C3%25A4beliechtli%26lr%3Dlang_en%26newwindow%3D1%26client%3Dsafari%26sa%3DX%26rls%3Den%26biw%3D1439%26bih% Posted by Goofy9 in AdventureTwoPointO | Nov 6, 2013
- SQ 346 Landing and Digressions on Writing a BiographyIf I had to write an autbiography, how would I go about it? There are many methods, I am told, according to [[http://www.publishersweekly.com/978-0-312-14282-7|this book I just started reading]] (the one I checked out from the Zurich Public Library). Ther Posted by Goofy9 in AdventureTwoPointO | Oct 30, 2013
- Where it all began...Am Anfang da ist dieser Traum, diese Sehnsucht, dieses Verlangen, man steht z.B. irgendwo in den Bergen und starrt in die Ferne, sieht auf einen See hinaus auf der Suche nach einer Antwort, doch dann wird es einem auf einmal Posted by RealJourney in REAL JOURNEYS | Oct 26, 2013
- $50 Million in One Cornervan Gogh and Cezanne in one corner - right next to each other, opposite Monet. On Googling, learned that [[http://www.theartwolf.com/10_expensive.htm|one of Cezanne’s pieces]] sold for $258 million to the Qatar Royal Family! One of the most expensive piec Posted by Goofy9 in AdventureTwoPointO | Oct 26, 2013
- ZurichZurich is a stunning, delightful, interesting, fascinating, captivating, intriguing and peaceful place. We have walked the streets in the old part of the town and down and along the lake. It has a relaxed feel about it, and Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Oct 25, 2013
- Milano to Tirano to Chur to ZurichWhen we started out on these three separate train journeys, we did not realise what a big day of train travelling it was going to be. Partly through a lack of preparedness and partly due to the fact Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Oct 24, 2013
- Ace or AssLearning another languages should teach me patience, with myself. That it is a process of acquiring a new skill and it will take time. Immersion helps but it's only been a week! Today, I was annoyed with me because I Posted by Goofy9 in AdventureTwoPointO | Oct 23, 2013
- Tirano, Italy, via Bernina Pass, to St Moritz, SwitzerlandIt only took us around five kms out of Tirano to cross the Swiss border. There was a beautiful lake there with a view of the alps. We started climbing the mountains and a lot more cars were also doing Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Oct 21, 2013
- Sticker Shock in SwitzerlandStarbucks Chai Tea Latte, Tall, Soy, Extra Hot, No Foam, Single Pump. 6 Swiss Franks for a Tall! Really seriously, yes. Grande in the US costs about $4 and the shorter Tall here is $6.47. WTH. And for those of Posted by Goofy9 in AdventureTwoPointO | Oct 21, 2013
- Adventure 2.0It's been many months...The summer months were spent wrestling with important decisions. Decisions that had been in the making for over a year; some decisions just need time to "ferment" and to feel like they are the right thing. And Posted by Goofy9 in May The Blog Be with You | Oct 20, 2013
- The PolterabendNo, not a night spent hunting poltergeists, but rather a Swiss German bachelorette night! My friend Eileen is getting married at the end of August and I was invited along to her polterabend. Aside from the usual goings Posted by chinaadventurer in switzerlandbound | Oct 15, 2013
- Sankt Nikolaus Tag and Fackeling at the OT Christmas PartyDecember 6 was St Nicholas Day here in Switzerland. There was a small parade through the old town -- it was quite a sight to see about 20 St Nicks on horseback followed by about another 10 playing in a Posted by chinaadventurer in switzerlandbound | Oct 15, 2013
- JungfrauThis morning we had a little bit of a sleep in not having to be at the meeting point until 8:30. We caught the Jungfraubahn railway up to the summit of Jungfrau which is known as the 'top of Europe'. Posted by missdigney in European Adventure! | Oct 13, 2013
- Swiss AlpsWe started early this morning for a looooooong drive! We drove nine hours to Switzerland, stopping every 2-3 hours for 'comfort stops'. It actually didn't seem to take too long with the frequent breaks. As we arrived in Switzerland, it Posted by missdigney in European Adventure! | Oct 13, 2013
- Ready, set...We are officially married for almost 21 months. We threw a big party with friends and family in Brazil in April this year. Still, it is now that we finally get our chance to go on honeymoon, and after lots Posted by dindiosk in Current Destination: Greece and Turkey | Oct 10, 2013
- KonstanzTwo months earlier I was in Munich with my cousins, they encouraged me to come back for Oktoberfest. To get there from Zurich I decided to pass through the lake side Swiss-German border town of Konstanz.
Konstanz is a fun city Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Oct 9, 2013
- ZurichAfter making some awesome friends around Central America I was looking forward to meeting up with them in Europe.
Robin lives in Zurich so I added Switzerland to my places to visit list.
I flew in from Barcelona, was picked Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Oct 9, 2013
- Das Ende unserer europäischen Reise. Wir sind glücklich nachFred and I have been so thankful for the opportunity to travel in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. It has been a trip of a lifetime, new friends, new experiences, and the time to reconnect and just have fun for Posted by Horstmeyer in Horstmeyer European Vacation | Oct 8, 2013