- The coldest i have ever beenWhen jason knew i was visting Mischu and Bettina, he immediately said there was one thing i had to do for him.
Jump into the Aare river.... we couldnt do so last time as, we didnt have enough time ( and Posted by shawnified in A glimpse of the world | Jun 30, 2012
- Klettern mit Chris und Monica
Chris and monica are a really nice couple who are living the comfort of their home and going for a one year trip (with alot of climbing involved) in their caravan !
[img=http://photos.travel Posted by shawnified in A glimpse of the world | Jun 29, 2012
I consider L'Abri to be simultaneously a strong and weak example of hospitality. This peaceful retreat welcomes “seekers of truth” and those on a “faith journey” with the greatest wa Posted by Susannakdowner in France May 2012 | Jun 28, 2012
- Sepak Sepak than LepakWith the help of Bettina, I managed to find 2 Boulders in the vicinity of their house, so i took the bicycle and went on an adventure :)
After sometime, i managed to find it :)
Unfortunately, Posted by shawnified in A glimpse of the world | Jun 25, 2012
- InterlakenOuch! €300 to get to Interlaken from Venice. It was already too expensive and we weren't even there yet! We were so excited about getting to Interlaken but unfortunately it was raining and very very cold the whole time. We Posted by KPad in Possibly lost, probably having fun... | Jun 22, 2012
- Final day by nannyBreakfast was served at 9:00am, we said our farewells and headed down the hill from Casa Kiwi one last time. Our time in Italy was amazing and Casa Kiwi was played a big role on our stay. Located Posted by dondahan in Girls' Roadtrip Through Europe | Jun 21, 2012
- Thun with Miube :)The next day...Mischu and Bettina called their friend Chris, to bring us on a "Introductory" hike as it was my first day...
Unfortunately, their super fit friend remembered the total time to be alot faster as he went down with the Posted by shawnified in A glimpse of the world | Jun 17, 2012
- Mischu and Bettina ! Switzerland It was a long and tiring journey...about 18 hours by bus from London to Basel. Right after i got off at Basel, i got on to the next train towards Thun ! ( thankfully, it was a short wait and Posted by shawnified in A glimpse of the world | Jun 15, 2012
- Gimmelwald, SwitzerlandGimmelwald is a TINY village tucked away high in the Swiss Alps. You can only access the village by gondola or hiking. We did several awesome hikes, went paragliding and marveled at base jumpers (see prior post).[video provider=vimeo Posted by thebongas in Bonga Family Adventures | Jun 12, 2012
- ZurichI took an overnight train Thursday night and was excited but fearful for my preceptor warned me to be careful, blogs on the internet warned me to be careful, my guidebook warned me to be careful. Overnight trains and a Posted by PlanetMEP in Mis Viajes | Jun 10, 2012
- June Showers Bring Bruised BottomsYesterday was time to break in our hiking shoes. As a few of you may recall, hiking is one of my favorite pastimes. Haha. It`s actually not so bad, when it`s under seven hours. Our climb took us mostly uphill Posted by Wirth in Summer 2012 | Jun 9, 2012
- #7: Extremism
noun: a tendency or disposition to go to extremes or an instance of going to extremes, especially in political matters: leftist extremism; the extremism of the Posted by klewis91 in Over Yonder Way | Jun 7, 2012
- Blog updateWe have had some challenges with wifi and time to post-stay tuned!! We will have updates within the next 12 hours:)!!
Ciao! Posted by jill.johnson in Europe 2012 | Jun 7, 2012
- The Hills Are Alive, With The Sound Of Music...Wow. Words don`t do justice to the incredible scenery that greeted us in Stein. Picture a rainbow of shuttered farmhouses, dotting rolling green hills, while cows and sheep lazily graze in the pastures.
The bus dropped us off across the Posted by Wirth in Summer 2012 | Jun 7, 2012
- Zurich and ZermattI arrived in Zurich, Switzerland at about 10 am on Friday morning after sleeping on the plane, so I was ready to start my day sightseeing. First, I stopped off at my hotel, the Swissotel, Zurich. I had Posted by nataliecarlone in My Dream Trip around the World | May 31, 2012
- Next stop, Switzerland. It's time to do some summer skiing!After spending all these weeks in hot places, I was very excited to finally see some snow. Being in Jungfraujoch (the tallest part of the Swiss Alps), It made me think, "after relaxing and doing nothing for a month, how Posted by travelling-guru in My Dream Trip around the World | May 30, 2012
- Lugano nightlifeBefore we left the city Onur wanted to show us the night life in Lugano. We walked around the lake and saw the city lit up, it was really pretty. We walked inbetween shops through small side streets Posted by jenna.holland1 in Viva la vita! | May 23, 2012
- The Adventure Continues!
As much as it saddens us to leave Nepal before planned, we have finished our charity work and a new adventure awaits us.
We board our plane to Doha, Qatar then to Frankfurt, Germany and drive off to.....
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint. Posted by stephenhuang1 in Nepal Vision | May 21, 2012
- Grüezi!I have arrived! It has been over a month since I left Chicago, so I figured it was time to stop procrastinating and actually start my blog. It has been a fast month! When Amy (the other FDP from Baxter Posted by s.j.hende in Sarah in Switzerland | May 20, 2012
- SwitzerlandI forgot to mention in my last entry that Steve, Onur, and I went to another airport afterwards to pick up Steve's younger brother Zack before heading to Lugano. There was a situation with Zack's luggage. Apparently his Posted by jenna.holland1 in Viva la vita! | May 17, 2012
- #10: Hospitality
noun, plural hos•pi•tal•i•ties.
1. the friendly reception and treatment of guests or strangers.
2. the quality or disposition of receiving and treating guests and strange Posted by klewis91 in Over Yonder Way | May 15, 2012
- Base Jump
Katie, Abby, Lucy and I took the gondola from Gimmelwald to the valley to watch the stream of base jumpers. I got one video with my telephoto from the valley floor of the guy jumping from the Posted by thebongas in Bonga Family Adventures | May 10, 2012
- Switzerland and Italy with Fighting Tweens & Teens Twenty two days, eleven hotels and one thousand miles by car was a daunhting trip to Switzerland and Italy that we planned with our teenage daughter and pre teen son. Many people feel that teens and tweens don't get anything Posted by Sheryl W in Europe on a budget with kids | May 6, 2012
- Hiking the Swiss AlpsWe didn't have the best sleep. We were in a mixed dorm with two boys and it stinks like smelly wet socks and shoes! It may be the room but it was terrible and someone was snoring! So we didn't Posted by Jeschristy in The Great European Adventure | Apr 28, 2012
- Zurich - bike rides and Switzerland
We left early we had to be on the 7am train. We almost missed our main train to Zurich because of the stupid metro! Sunday times every 30mins! We got to the metro and had to wait 12mins. We travelled Posted by Jeschristy in The Great European Adventure | Apr 24, 2012