- The Glacier ExpressThis morning began with the most gorgeous blue skies and one sore foot still in pain with gout! Poor Geoff he has really got a good dose but he is soldiering on & not complaining. The walk to the station Posted by Duzzy 64 in Europe 2013 | Mar 27, 2013
- A quiet day and.....Poor Geoff has woken up with a severe bout of gout despite getting a couple of tablets in last night. He managed to get his shoes on, a bit of face squinting with the pain and of for a slow Posted by Duzzy 64 in Europe 2013 | Mar 26, 2013
- Bernina ExpressFabulous, extraordinary, a must see.....
What a day we had on the Bernina Express! We left early for a 3 1/2 hr journey through the most incredible scenery you have ever seen. The weather wasn't great when we left Chur but Posted by Duzzy 64 in Europe 2013 | Mar 26, 2013
- ZurichStarted the morning of on a walking tour in the old town of Zurich, our travelling skills are improving and we have graduated to doing our own walking tours + narration lol. It's freezing here, the day looked like it Posted by Duzzy 64 in Europe 2013 | Mar 24, 2013
- Self guided tours of Beaune & DijonYesterday we grabbed an audio guide from the tourism centre & took ourselves on a guided tour of Beaune. Lots of old buildings & hidden cellars, everywhere you go there is a cellar door advertising wine tasting. Not sure if Posted by Duzzy 64 in Europe 2013 | Mar 22, 2013
- The end of one chapter and beginning of the nextSince deciding to take this trip around the world the two most frequent questions I've been asked are "Where are you going?" and "Do you have a blog?".
So here it is...my attempt to blog my experiences and keep Posted by klp1902 in Around the world | Mar 14, 2013
- Four days in GenevaAmsterdam to Geneva. You can see the top of the French Alpes in the Background as we descend into Geneva.
After Carnival I spent a few days visiting my girlfriend, Gaby, in Geneva whe Posted by Jack Chaffey in Europe | Feb 19, 2013
- Luzern CarnivalBy coincidence my stay in Switzerland coincided with the annual four day Lucerne Carnival culminating in a big parade on the Monday before Shrove Tuesday. A major feature of the parade are the "Guggemuusige" or improvised (masked) bands and we Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Feb 11, 2013
- JungfraujochJungfraujoch is a vantage point 11,782 feet (3,571 metres) up in the Swiss Alps & is about a 2 hour drive South West of Zurich.
J Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Feb 10, 2013
- Rhine FallsThe largest waterfall in Europe are the Rhine Falls near Schauffhausen a little over an hour north from Zurich and the canoeist in me had to see it.
This felt a far grittier tour than the Zurich City Tour I had Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Feb 9, 2013
- Parades, Pasta & Prosecco===Switzerland (Zurich) - Follow your heart, but don't forget your wallet!===
Zurich is expensive! But I guess they don’t call it the most expensive city in the world for nothing! Joel and I managed to spend $120 in our first few Posted by Joel-Renee in The beer is better when backpacking | Feb 10, 2013
- First Stop ZurichFirst stop on my trip was Zurich, with predictable Swiss efficiency I passed through the clinically tidy airport in record time and found myself on a double decker train into the centre of the city. On cue it began to Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Feb 8, 2013
- Frogs and neutralityWe are currently living in a snow globe. Today the biggest wafting snowflakes we have ever seen have been falling from the sky. We are in Switzerland staying with a friend we met while we were living in Canada. She Posted by kayles in The Orsum Adventures | Feb 8, 2013
- Comparing and Observing and AdmiringThere will come a time when I will stop comparing - comparing food in Singapore to South Africa, comparing working in India to Singapore, comparing Christmas in the US to Christmas in Switzerland. Comparing seems unhealthy. Just accepting might be Posted by Goofy9 in May The Blog Be with You | Dec 24, 2012
- Leg 1 - London (UK) to Zurich (Switzerland)
Depart: London Heathrow GB (LHR) Terminal 1, 7th Feb 2013 13:45 Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
Arrive: Zurich CH (ZRH), 7th Feb 2013 16:35 Central European Time (GMT+1)
483 miles Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Feb 7, 2013
- It's all in the Planning[float=right][/float]This weekend my husband and I spent several hours finalizing the itinerary. We are still undecided about train vs. car rental, but we are leaning toward the train. O Posted by woodymy in Woodyear's Wanderings | Jan 22, 2013
- A Period of FermentationEd and Gr and I had a little mini reunion a couple of months ago...good times. It's a comfy feeling to be around new "old friends." Friends who are new to my life, friends who I haven't known for decades, Posted by Goofy9 in May The Blog Be with You | Oct 2, 2012
- BaselThis past weekend we didn’t want to stray too far with school actually getting into full swing, but we couldn’t resist taking just a little trip. We spent Friday night in Basel, and for a small city it really has Posted by kmclean in Canadian Students Abroad | Nov 26, 2012
- Deciding on an ItineraryWell, we know for sure that we are heading to Berner Oberland, Bruges, and Amsterdam. But we need to plan how many nights in each place and how we are going to get from one place to another. Posted by woodymy in Woodyear's Wanderings | Jan 18, 2013
- LA NOCHE ANTES DEL GRAN VIAJE!===Hoy fue un dia lleno de muchas emociones diferentes. Por un lado estuvimos tristes porque nos llego el momento de entregar las llaves de nuestro apartamento al nuevo inquilino, y por otro lado tenemos nervios y emocion porque ya Posted by alejandrajoel in Asian Adventure | Jan 14, 2013
- AM ABEND VOR DER ABREISE===Heute haben wir den Wohnungsschlüssel unserer geliebten Wohnung definitiv abgeben - mit viel Wehmut sind wir die lange Treppe hinunter gestiegen und mit dem Auto durch die verschneite Landschaft zurück nach Rünenberg gefahren. Dieses Kapitel ist abgesc Posted by alejandrajoel in Asian Adventure | Jan 14, 2013
- "You go that way, we go this way, you survive and we perish"You will all be pleased to know that we are all still alive, despite the unbelievable day of skiing. Adding to our list of favourite people here in Switzerland, our next door neighbour Werner (who in his spare time parachute Posted by O'Connor in The O'Connor's unplug Switzerland | Jan 9, 2013
When we arrived in Lucerne on Sunday morning we headed straight for a Starbucks so that Renae could chat to her family while Gav was visiting them with his Apple pr Posted by clairebear89 in Girls Adventure | Jan 8, 2013
- Geneva, SwitzerlandWe knew Switzerland was expensive, so we decided to head to the MOST expensive city in the world… why not! Ironically, the most expensive city has some of the cheapest airfares to Nice (which was our next destination), so Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Jan 7, 2013
- Baden, SwitzerlandJust outside of Zurich is the picturesque town of Baden where our traveling buddies David and Karin just wrapped up their 18 month around the world trip.
We me Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Jan 6, 2013