- oron la ville to bernthursday: relaxed aft. at the aire (parking spot!), no-one bothered us, but we did realise
we had parked on the side of a road to somewhere!
just before cooking the tea we decided to have another look around, see if there Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jul 25, 2013
- BernI don't know about the rest of you , but until this trip was plannedI had never heard of the " Jung-frau". Well, today we had the opportunity to travel by train to Interlaken. We had a couple of train Posted by Ruth n Kevin in 2013 Journey with Barnett's | Jul 25, 2013
- st leonard to oron la villewednesday: so hot at the aire/car park yesterday! 92 deg. in the van!
just pottered all aft., we sat outside, in the picnic area, for a bit, and had all the windows wide open
until it was dark; luckily for us Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jul 24, 2013
- Switzerland Day 3Went for a walk this morning to Trummelbach falls along the Lauerbrunnen valley - about a 30-40 minute walk from our hotel. There are many visible falls along the valley but this one can only be seen when you Posted by dmwmoonee in Planes, Trains and Bikes - Europe 2013 | Jul 23, 2013
- saas fee to st leonard (via leuk for leukerbad)tuesday: had a lovely aft. yesterday, walking around saas fee, which we liked from the moment
p got the key for the elec. cupboard and plugged us in - and we realised that there was no need to
get Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jul 23, 2013
- randa to saas fee (via st niklaus)monday: another great day yesterday!
after usual get-up routine, we got the washing done and up on the lines, then made a picnic and went
for a hike from a v. small village, taschalp (2200m), above tasch (1449m).
we headed towards Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jul 22, 2013
- Switzerland Day 2Woke up to a bright sunny day. Perfect for a trip to the 'top of europe'. The trip started in Laterbrunnen with a train ride up to Wengen and Kleine Scheidegg where we changed to a train to Jungfraujoch. This Posted by dmwmoonee in Planes, Trains and Bikes - Europe 2013 | Jul 21, 2013
- Lausanne We have had 2 days in Lausanne. Yesterday we wandered the foreshore of Lake Geneva. It's still hot, and there are people everywhere. The marina holds hundreds of yachts, and today was evidence of the people lapping up the Posted by Ruth n Kevin in 2013 Journey with Barnett's | Jul 21, 2013
- Switzerland Day 1Trained from Venice to Brig in Switzerland in the morning. In Brig (Switzerland) we bought a half fare card and a ticket for our final legs of the journey to Lauterbrunnen. Swiss efficiency is already evident. It took a Posted by dmwmoonee in Planes, Trains and Bikes - Europe 2013 | Jul 20, 2013
- grimentz to randa (via visp, for zermatt)saturday: had a fab day yesterday - a really special one! (p's fav.)
pottered around in the van in the am, then made a picnic, got onto the scoot and made for the
moiry dam (2249m), 8km uphill.
gorgeous journey through the Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jul 20, 2013
- Ascona to LausanneWell, we have had a very interesting journey that supposedly takes the locals half a day. It took us 7.5 hours. We left Ascona, as per instructions from Glenn, ( 10 am ) we actually surprised ourselves, and Posted by Ruth n Kevin in 2013 Journey with Barnett's | Jul 19, 2013
- martigny to grimentz (via sion, st leonard, crans-montana)wednesday: hot aft. in the car park! wandered around to get the lay of the land, then locked up
the van and off on the scooter for a trip to verbier (1500m).
took about half an hour, along a main road for Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jul 17, 2013
- St MoritzHow can yu reallyelain in words what we have experienced today. A 3303m climb in a cable car, wonderful snow capped mountains , one felt they were sitting on top of the world! We spent a few hours up Posted by Ruth n Kevin in 2013 Journey with Barnett's | Jul 16, 2013
- champery to martigny (via monthey, for verbier)tuesday: lovely quiet aft. at the aire yesterday. chilled out, caught up on internet (it worked!) and
generally enjoyed the spectacular views all around us.
after tea went for an explore and found the upper village, really gorgeous. looked around there
Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jul 16, 2013
- lausanne to champery (via montreux + villeneuve)monday: had a lovely walk around lac leman after our tea last night, it was the coolest we'd felt
all day, there was actually a slight breeze!
there were lots of people strolling, having bbq's, swimming, playing music etc. it Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jul 15, 2013
- divonne les bains to lausanne (via nyon)sunday: lovely quiet 'do nothing' day yesterday....just pottered around. gorgeous weather too.
had an overdue de-clutter of the van, put some stuff on a table with a 'free -helpyourself' sign,
the kids stuff we'd bought for morocco was snapped up and th Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jul 15, 2013
- LeichtensteinHi from Leichtenstein.
What an amazing contrast in one days short travel. Leaving the hustle of Zurich, finding our way to the lint Chocolate factory, and then on the motorway to Leichtenstein, where we found this quiet laid back place. Our Posted by Ruth n Kevin in 2013 Journey with Barnett's | Jul 14, 2013
- Interlaken, SwitzerlandAn hours train ride from Bern and we had reached Interlaken at the foot of the snow covered Alps. The hostel Alplodge [[http://www.alplodge.com]] was easy to find and was much better than we had expected. It was part Posted by Nick-n-Charlie in Our Honeymoon World Tour | Jul 3, 2013
- ANDERMATT 11 JULYUp the mountain, over the pass, down the mountain, Up the mountain...................and it continued all day.............UNBELIEVABLE PASSES TODAY.
Andermatt as we left this morning -
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/576870/0E02697C2219AC6817 Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2013 | Jul 11, 2013
- BELLINZONA to ANDERMATT 10 JULYWe were due for a change of scenery so decided to have a look at Lake Maggiore, just near Bellinzona, which is 70km long and extends from Switzerland into Italy.
Quite spectacular with the Swiss alps in the background.
[img=http://photos.travellers Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2013 | Jul 10, 2013
- TIEFENCASTEL to BELLINZONA (Switzerland) 9 JulyAfter yesterdays rain we were pleased to see the sun shining today.
Before leaving Tiefencastel we tried to re-fuel bikes, what a joke, 100 Frank note and a cash or card pre-pay only machine.
We couldn't get any change, so opted for Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2013 | Jul 9, 2013
- LESSON NUMBER 7As most of you know I’m a night owl and go to bed quiet late and will wake up at the very last minute. With traveling and site seeing all day I’ve been getting up early to get the Posted by Nick-n-Charlie in Our Honeymoon World Tour | Jun 28, 2013
- GARMISCH (Germany) to TIEFENCASTEL (Switzerland) 8 JulyAfter a few days at Garmisch and the BMW gathering it was good to get back on the Bikes and on the road again.
We left in glorious sunshine (again) riding toward Landeck but bypassing by using the longest tunnel yet Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2013 | Jul 8, 2013
- Auf WiedersehenMore mountain views, more hiking, more flowers and a few more cows. That was our last day in Mürren. Our hike took us through pastures of alpine flowers, cows grazing, amazing views and past a working farm where Posted by beachbuddies in Two Little Suitcases | Jul 8, 2013
- Can cows really fly in Switzerland?===1. Gėmütlick, a Swiss word meaning cozy, describes Mürren and the quaint apartment we are staying in.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/397920/4AB9000F2219AC681 Posted by beachbuddies in Two Little Suitcases | Jul 7, 2013