- St. Moritz to Zurich - 9/27/2014 Two trains and a walk9/27 - We say goodbye to St. Moritz and begin our long journey home to L.A. - a 2-hour train to Chur, then another hour trip on a fast train into Zurich.
Arrive in Z Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2014 | Sep 27, 2014
- Zermatt to St. Moritz - 9/26/2014 Glacier Express!9/26 - We hop aboard the Glacier Express for an 8 hour train ride through the Swiss Alps - from Zermatt to St. Moritz (close to Italy's border). It is a long day on the train, and not quite Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2014 | Sep 27, 2014
- Auf Wiedersehen, Zürich!And we're off!! With mixed emotions, we bid farewell... well, more like "see you later"... to our dear Switzerland. As we sit on our bus driving us to Milan, we can't help but remember all the wonderful memories Posted by NicoleandJens in Eastbound and Onwards | Sep 27, 2014
- Wengen to Zermatt - 9/25/2014 we arrive at the Matterhorn!9/25 - well, Disneyland's ride never looked like this! Got up early in Wengen again and took a few trains over to Zermatt, Switzerland to hopefully get a view of the real Matterhorn. We were not disappointed. Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2014 | Sep 26, 2014
- Wengen - Thun 9/24/2014 Motorcycle ride!9/24 - well I was shocked too, but the photos below prove it really did happen. We got up at the crack of dawn, grabbed breakfast at Hotel Alpenrose and headed down the hill to Interlaken - 4 trains Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2014 | Sep 25, 2014
- Zurich SwitzerlandWas only in Zurich for what seemed like a few short hours. My train got in from Geneva around 4 in the afternoon and as it was pouring rain I went straight to the hotel and checked in. The hotel Posted by CStopero in European Adventure | Sep 24, 2014
- Wengen - 9/23/2014 Jungfraujoch, highest point in Europe9/23 - it's not hard to see why people come here year round. It was an absolute perfect day in Switzerland, the photo's speak for themselves.
Took our day trip up to Jungfraujoch, tallest point in Europe at over 11,000 Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2014 | Sep 24, 2014
- Wengen - 9/22/2014 Murren hike, Mt. Schilthorn9/22 - It rained hard last night so everything was wet this morning. Clouds and some sun peeking through, so we decided to do a hike. Down the hill on a train to Lauterbrunnen, across the station to Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2014 | Sep 23, 2014
- The hills are alive!
For the past four days we've found ourselves in the land of cheese and chocolate. Switzerland is unlike any other country we've ever been to. As the train descends Posted by tylerandshawna in Tyler and Shawna's Great Adventure | Sep 23, 2014
- Lucerne to Wengen - 9/21/2014 Hotel Alpenrose9/21 - How do you spell "beautiful"? How about "Swiss Alps"!
Had a quick breakfast in our Lucerne hotel, said good bye and caught our train to Interlaken. The 2-hour trip started out in the rain then slowly got Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2014 | Sep 22, 2014
- Geneva, SwitzerlandThe flight over was great, flying international first class is the only way to go even though if it were not for points, it would be totally unafforadable.
I made it from the airport to he hotel with no problem. Posted by CStopero in European Adventure | Sep 21, 2014
- Lucerne - 9/20/2014 Swiss Transport Museum, Boat tour9/20 - be sure to see the 9/19 blog post first, don't want you to miss out (ha!).
Today was an easy day, but we really did a lot somehow. Shopping, Swiss Museum of Transportation, we test drive the new Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2014 | Sep 20, 2014
- Lucerne - 9/19/2014 Bike tour, the Lion, walk-a-bout9/19 - found out our Hotel has 2 E-bikes (bicycles with electric assist) that they loan to their guests for free! So, we fork over 100 Swiss Francs as a deposit and head out on a 12K ride around Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2014 | Sep 20, 2014
- Lucerne - 9/18/2014 Mt. Rigi, Birthday dinner9/18 - hotel room fantastic, take a boat ride to base of Mt. Rigi, up the cog wheel train to near the summit then hike up to the top. Do an hour hike back down to the gondola at Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2014 | Sep 19, 2014
- Caen to Paris to Lucerne - travel day - 9/17/2014Well, no planes actually.
9/17 - Last day in France
Up at the crack of dawn, grab breakfast at hotel, then on the road to Paris to return our rental car and get us to the train station. Doing between 65 Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2014 | Sep 19, 2014
- Swiss Alps==
==Here we are hiking in the Swiss Alps
[img=http: Posted by cheryllinmc in Europe | Sep 17, 2014
- Mountain climbing !!!!!!What else would you do on a beautiful sunny day in the Swiss Alps, in a pretty town called Zermatt ????
Climb a mountain or should I say catch a ride up next to it - the well known Matterhorn Posted by hcanderson in Europe 2014 | Sep 15, 2014
- Just like clock work...Switzerland was just how I had imagined it would be, very Swiss! Meaning that it was very clean, livable, orderly and let's not forget, PUNCTUAL! I had been to Lucerne about ten years ago and loved it, so when the Posted by melpage in Not all those who wander are lost... | Sep 7, 2014
- Leaving Wonderful Italy ?Having finished packing and loading the car we begrudgingly leave Italy, we make a stop at our bread shop to get more Sciaciatta for the journey we also picked up some wheat and chestnut beer and was gifted a Posted by Ni-Kath-travels in On the road | Sep 5, 2014
- GenevaWe left Paris on Sunday morning on the high speed TGV train. Arrived in Geneva later in the day and made our way to our hotel, the Swiss Hotel, very nice place. We have been on a boat trip on Posted by Hamish414 in Europe 2014 | Sep 3, 2014
- ZurichIt was easy to get up at 5a.m. seeing as my head still thinks it's 11 a.m. A fairly normal Saturday get up time. Emirates flight to Zurich was 6 hours and quite comfortable in regular economy seats. Posted by kazandjim in Autumn in September | Aug 30, 2014
- Leaving wonderful SwitzerlandOur time Lucerne has been an expensive one, I do believe that they pick numbers out and price things how they want. . Our meal last night consisted of one portion of fries piece of lamb, piece of Veal Posted by Ni-Kath-travels in On the road | Aug 26, 2014
- Lucerne SwitzerlandArrived in Lucerne safe and sound, what an amazingly beautiful country, everything is so clean the waters are crystal clear.
45 minute boat ride across Lucerne lake which is awesome on it's own then...
We went by cog train where the Posted by Ni-Kath-travels in On the road | Aug 25, 2014
- En route to Lucerne Stayed in Colmar and had a much deserved night sleep, now refreshed travelling on to Lucern, it's not a bank holiday here so battling with the morning rush hour to get onto the Swiss motorway a little tamer than the Posted by Ni-Kath-travels in On the road | Aug 24, 2014
- Paying Respect to the Great Actors/Singers of YesteryearsThe Canton of Vaud
Of all the places I've been to in Switzerland, the Canton of Vaud is one of those that really have it all.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/684212/20130711_200 Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Aug 21, 2014