- Chapter 53: Simply Swiss!Off to see the Luthi family finally, we first met up with Elia and Isabelle in Schaffhausen (daughter of Andy and Jeannine Luthi, longtime friends of Ariel's family). We had just missed their wedding but were happy to see them Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Dec 26, 2015
- Large Hadron Super ColliderOf all my destinations, this is the one that I personally had been looking forward to the most. Having been following the development of String Theory for a number of years, the CERN Supercollider has always held a sense of Posted by Nesawf in Cognitive Distinction | Dec 9, 2015
- GimmelwaldAs I mentioned in the previous post, we stayed in the car-free, accessible only by cable car village of Gimmelwald (a Rick Steves recommendation) whilst in the Berner Oberland. In a region dominated by tourism, this is one town Posted by katie.lewis in 3 Mannheimers and a Baby | Oct 18, 2015
- The Berner OberlandMy brother Jeff got in a week ago and he spent the week exploring Mannheim and taking day trips all over Germany – Frankfurt, Munich, and Heidelberg. He wanted to see another country as well on his first trip Posted by katie.lewis in 3 Mannheimers and a Baby | Oct 15, 2015
- Day 24: I'm on top of the world... or er... an Alp!We had to wake up early today. Like early, early. Like the bus LEFT at 6:30. My body was not made for this. Fortunately, the reason we were waking up early was to hike around the alps, so I wasn't Posted by cedevault in Out of the Suitcase | Oct 7, 2015
- Switzerland: The Eagleton of EuropeSometimes after really living it up at Oktoberfest, you're a little slow moving in the morning.
Which is probably why we had to literally chase after our bus headed to Switzerland.
But the bus driver eventually let us on, after listening Posted by katemancuso in Taken: The Epilogue | Oct 6, 2015
- Day 23: Cheese and Chocolate- BernI woke up feeling completely myself, so when I went down to breakfast and had a light, simple breakfast to make sure I could keep food down before eating at the food stops we were going to! All was well. Posted by cedevault in Out of the Suitcase | Oct 6, 2015
- Day 22: Lausanne, SwitzerlandOk so let me preface this by saying there won't be any pictures and this entry will be short because I woke up sick again in the early morning. Special shoutout to Madeline, Lacey, and McCall who helped finish packing Posted by cedevault in Out of the Suitcase | Oct 6, 2015
- Zurich........We were not sure how much we would see of Zurich, a) because it can be quite foggy this time of year and b) because we did not quite know what time we would be getting here and how much Posted by Bartolofamily in Overseas adventures | Sep 29, 2015
- Back to BonfolNo rush today, plenty of time to get back to the North of the country. Need to plan on building a bike kit store like this one, modelled by my able assistant.
Chose 'curvy route' Posted by Eric_The_Viking in Not The 2015 Italy Tour | Sep 29, 2015
- Going Back WestNot so clear today, still 10 degrees but very misty outside our chalet. Breakfast at 8, usual continental rolls, coffee, jams, cheese & meat, where's the cereal?
On the road heading South by 9 am on the A8 to Wilderswil just Posted by Eric_The_Viking in Not The 2015 Italy Tour | Sep 29, 2015
- Chur ...... The oldest Swiss CityToday we went to visit the old city of Chur, just 30 minutes drive from where we are staying in Jenaz. Dave and Ethan caught the train which of course Ethan loved especially since it went through two mountains on Posted by Bartolofamily in Overseas adventures | Sep 28, 2015
- Another day in the beautiful Swiss MountainsToday we went to Malans, a gorgeous Village only 15 minutes drive away to the main wine region where the streets and houses are so Swiss and beautiful you feel like you are in some sort of film set. There Posted by Bartolofamily in Overseas adventures | Sep 27, 2015
- 3 Summits and a Big town07:30 breakfast, clear blue skys and brilliant sunshine lighting up the summit of nearby mountains, temperature 10 degrees.
Off to the Brunigpass just round the corner at 1008 mtrs, loads of bikes going both ways. Easy route through Meringen and Posted by Eric_The_Viking in Not The 2015 Italy Tour | Sep 26, 2015
- On top of the world........Today was totally amazing! After having a delicious lunch at Irene's and Edi's house we went up a mountain near Fanas on a cable car and spent the afternoon on a deck at a restaurant in the sun soaking Posted by Bartolofamily in Overseas adventures | Sep 26, 2015
- Lucern and Looking GoodAt 06:00 we were sure we were being invaded, The Bells, The Bells......constant for about 10 mins, then it all went quiet.
Finally woke at 8am and got everything packed before breakfast. Peace of mind knowing the bikes were Posted by Eric_The_Viking in Not The 2015 Italy Tour | Sep 25, 2015
- We have arrived in Switzerland.......We arrived into Zurich yesterday about 5pm and got to Anina's house at about 8pm. The train trip to Jenaz was amazing, along Lake Zurch which just went for miles. We had a lovely welcome and reunion from Anina, Pablo, Posted by Bartolofamily in Overseas adventures | Sep 24, 2015
- A good days rideSUN! QUICK EVERYONE UP AND LETS GET GOING!
After a breakfast of croissants and local jam & honey we're on our way by 10am, it's warm and sunny. The packing seemed to have gone a bit ary today but eventually Posted by Eric_The_Viking in Not The 2015 Italy Tour | Sep 24, 2015
- Heading into SwitzerlandWe left our hosts in Vagney on a gloriously overcast and drizzly morning, it had been raining since the early hours ( and probably even before that). Although the roads were we and there was low cloud on the Posted by Eric_The_Viking in Not The 2015 Italy Tour | Sep 24, 2015
- DAY 108 - Sunday 16th August - Neuhausen to Hallau to It's time to sing the birthday song to the birthday girl who's 29 today, just like me. Yes i'm 29, just like all the others state when they are in their 30s. That is until you reach the next decade Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Aug 28, 2015
- DAY 107 - Saturday 15th August - Zurich to to NeuhausenWe wake up and it was a bit chilly in the night to say the least, in fact the cold reminded my of the days in April when i did Land's End to John O'Groats coming across rain and snow Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Aug 25, 2015
- DAY 106 - Friday 14th August - Zug to ZurichTime to wake up and have a walk over to the lake and as it's the crack of dawn its so quiet out here...well apart from the runners taking in the cool air as the rain has stopped at the Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Aug 25, 2015
- DAY 105 - Thursday 13th August - Weggis to Brunnen to ZugThe van started to get very warm early on so it was time to get on up and instead of having a shower at a cost of 2 euros i decided to go and have a swim with Ellie in Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Aug 25, 2015
- DAY 104 - Wednesday 12th August - Giswil to Lurzen to WeggisEarly rise as the main road is turning into just that, a main road and full of traffic, even before 7am! Also the church bells over the road are going mental on the hour, on the quarters and halves! Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Aug 25, 2015
- DAY 103 - Tuesday 11th August - Murten to Bern to InterlakenEarly rise as we need to be out of here by 7am otherwise it's 1 euro per hour...but mind you we haven't really seen the main town area so at 7am once we are up with the van is ready Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Aug 25, 2015