- Wil 7/3/16Today we went to a cheese factory that makes Swiss cheese that is exported to America. It was really smelly and there wasn't any information about how to make cheese. We watched a lady looking after the machines and switching Posted by wott.on.earth in wott.on.earth | Mar 13, 2016
- Fresh WowI decided against the title "Fresh Pow" because I didn't think it did enough justice to my adventure through both Switzerland and Austria. I've combined both trips because they were literally back to back, on the same mountain range, and Posted by jbolt in New Opportunities | Mar 11, 2016
- Wil 6/3/16
Today is our first full day in Switzerland and we went to a museum in Sissach (pronounced SEE-sac) near where we are staying. It was called the Heimatmuseum, meaning folk museum. In the museum there where rifles, pistols, swords, knifes, Posted by wott.on.earth in wott.on.earth | Mar 9, 2016
- Olive 6/3/16Today we are in Switzerland in a town called Itingen. We are so close to the border, we can still see Germany from the mountain tops. We did a hike in the mountains to see the ruins of a castle. Posted by wott.on.earth in wott.on.earth | Mar 9, 2016
- LucerneStepping out of the train station, the first very sight Lucerne awards is almost picture perfect - with the Swiss Alps in the background, the Reuss flowing beneath your feet, the swan filled impossibly blue Lake Luzern and the ancient Posted by Ceej in Around the world .... | Feb 26, 2016
- Geneva, Switzerland===La ville de Genève===
Flying out of Heathrow, we made our way towards Geneva, which took us directly over our favourite city - Paris, the City of Light. And it was lit up, clearly visible from 35,000 feet. We could Posted by Tiki Touring in Tiki Touring | Feb 20, 2016
-  Miss the SwissNovember 6 – 8: Zurich, Switzerland
My November travel started off with catching up with a high school friend, Sejal. With our work schedules we haven’t had the chance to spend some time alone so it was a perfect little Posted by Modi Memoirs in Euro-Scapes | Feb 14, 2016
- Lucerne, Paris, and the End of ContikiHello!
I am surprisingly sad to say that my Contiki tour has ended, and basically everyone has gone home. It seems I have grown a bit attached to the Australians, and there were a few tears this morning as we went Posted by jennamiller in And So The Adventure Begins... | Feb 5, 2016
- Geneva Lake Geneva has got to be one of the most happy places in all of Europe.
The Jet d'Eau is the focal point of the lake but the setting of the lake flanked by picturesque hills makes the entire scene breathtaking. Posted by Ceej in Around the world .... | Sep 28, 2015
- Chapter 53: Simply Swiss!Off to see the Luthi family finally, we first met up with Elia and Isabelle in Schaffhausen (daughter of Andy and Jeannine Luthi, longtime friends of Ariel's family). We had just missed their wedding but were happy to see them Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Dec 26, 2015
- Large Hadron Super ColliderOf all my destinations, this is the one that I personally had been looking forward to the most. Having been following the development of String Theory for a number of years, the CERN Supercollider has always held a sense of Posted by Nesawf in Cognitive Distinction | Dec 9, 2015
- GimmelwaldAs I mentioned in the previous post, we stayed in the car-free, accessible only by cable car village of Gimmelwald (a Rick Steves recommendation) whilst in the Berner Oberland. In a region dominated by tourism, this is one town Posted by katie.lewis in 3 Mannheimers and a Baby | Oct 18, 2015
- The Berner OberlandMy brother Jeff got in a week ago and he spent the week exploring Mannheim and taking day trips all over Germany – Frankfurt, Munich, and Heidelberg. He wanted to see another country as well on his first trip Posted by katie.lewis in 3 Mannheimers and a Baby | Oct 15, 2015
- Day 24: I'm on top of the world... or er... an Alp!We had to wake up early today. Like early, early. Like the bus LEFT at 6:30. My body was not made for this. Fortunately, the reason we were waking up early was to hike around the alps, so I wasn't Posted by cedevault in Out of the Suitcase | Oct 7, 2015
- Switzerland: The Eagleton of EuropeSometimes after really living it up at Oktoberfest, you're a little slow moving in the morning.
Which is probably why we had to literally chase after our bus headed to Switzerland.
But the bus driver eventually let us on, after listening Posted by katemancuso in Taken: The Epilogue | Oct 6, 2015
- Day 23: Cheese and Chocolate- BernI woke up feeling completely myself, so when I went down to breakfast and had a light, simple breakfast to make sure I could keep food down before eating at the food stops we were going to! All was well. Posted by cedevault in Out of the Suitcase | Oct 6, 2015
- Day 22: Lausanne, SwitzerlandOk so let me preface this by saying there won't be any pictures and this entry will be short because I woke up sick again in the early morning. Special shoutout to Madeline, Lacey, and McCall who helped finish packing Posted by cedevault in Out of the Suitcase | Oct 6, 2015
- Zurich........We were not sure how much we would see of Zurich, a) because it can be quite foggy this time of year and b) because we did not quite know what time we would be getting here and how much Posted by Bartolofamily in Overseas adventures | Sep 29, 2015
- Back to BonfolNo rush today, plenty of time to get back to the North of the country. Need to plan on building a bike kit store like this one, modelled by my able assistant.
Chose 'curvy route' Posted by Eric_The_Viking in Not The 2015 Italy Tour | Sep 29, 2015
- Going Back WestNot so clear today, still 10 degrees but very misty outside our chalet. Breakfast at 8, usual continental rolls, coffee, jams, cheese & meat, where's the cereal?
On the road heading South by 9 am on the A8 to Wilderswil just Posted by Eric_The_Viking in Not The 2015 Italy Tour | Sep 29, 2015
- Chur ...... The oldest Swiss CityToday we went to visit the old city of Chur, just 30 minutes drive from where we are staying in Jenaz. Dave and Ethan caught the train which of course Ethan loved especially since it went through two mountains on Posted by Bartolofamily in Overseas adventures | Sep 28, 2015
- Another day in the beautiful Swiss MountainsToday we went to Malans, a gorgeous Village only 15 minutes drive away to the main wine region where the streets and houses are so Swiss and beautiful you feel like you are in some sort of film set. There Posted by Bartolofamily in Overseas adventures | Sep 27, 2015
- 3 Summits and a Big town07:30 breakfast, clear blue skys and brilliant sunshine lighting up the summit of nearby mountains, temperature 10 degrees.
Off to the Brunigpass just round the corner at 1008 mtrs, loads of bikes going both ways. Easy route through Meringen and Posted by Eric_The_Viking in Not The 2015 Italy Tour | Sep 26, 2015
- On top of the world........Today was totally amazing! After having a delicious lunch at Irene's and Edi's house we went up a mountain near Fanas on a cable car and spent the afternoon on a deck at a restaurant in the sun soaking Posted by Bartolofamily in Overseas adventures | Sep 26, 2015
- Lucern and Looking GoodAt 06:00 we were sure we were being invaded, The Bells, The Bells......constant for about 10 mins, then it all went quiet.
Finally woke at 8am and got everything packed before breakfast. Peace of mind knowing the bikes were Posted by Eric_The_Viking in Not The 2015 Italy Tour | Sep 25, 2015