- Murren and Gimmelwald
Mürren is a traditional mountain village in Bernese Oberland, Switzerland, which is unreachable by public road. This is a small village of 400 people who rely of tourism with 2000 hotel rooms available. We are here the last week of Posted by Horstmeyer in Horstmeyer European Vacation | Oct 5, 2013
- Murren, Switzerland Left Bern, Switzerland on the 9:05 train this morning. We had to transfer to 3 trains, one lift and another small train to reach the small alpine village of Murren. This small village does not allow cars except for local Posted by Horstmeyer in Horstmeyer European Vacation | Oct 3, 2013
- Out of our comfort zoneWoke up and looked out the patio door in Schwangau, Germany to see my last glimpse of Neuschwanstein castle. The clouds we so low you could not even see the mountain.
Drove 1.5 hours in Lindau, German country roads thru farming Posted by Horstmeyer in Horstmeyer European Vacation | Oct 2, 2013
- Cloudy Cable Cars 19th September 2013
We had an early start this morning - on the coach by 730am. It was pouring this morning and it is so cloudy that I didn't think I would get any great pictures of the traditional Swiss village. Posted by JenMF in J.E.D's OS Jaunt | Sep 25, 2013
- Black Forest (not the cake)Yodellayhehoooooo...... I am in Switzerland now... It has been a busy busy week with trying to finish seeing things in London then meeting the tour group on Wednesday at the inhumane hour of 5.30am (who does that on holidays... Mean!) Posted by JenneanB in A World away from Oz | Sep 13, 2013
- Chapter #16: EpilogueDear all,
I am back home, in my lovely Switzerland. I am quite confused about what has happened "lately": I am in my normal and usual reality, but it definitely feels different. There is this window in my mind that sometimes Posted by jack87jack in Spinning around | Aug 29, 2013
- James Bond Breakfast on Piz Gloria
I always found this mountain top location intriguing ...
... ever since seeing "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" Posted by LuxuryRogue in Gentleman Adventurer | Aug 6, 2013
- luzern to zurichtuesday: total rain day yesterday! we decided to stay at the site, as just no respite for p to get packed
up. lots of people left, but others came to fill their places; another sun ti, dutch, parked next to Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jul 30, 2013
- Let Sleeping Lions Lie[float=left][/float]When we determined that we would be going to Lucerne, my priority was to see the statue of the Lion of Lucerne. Ever since I saw the one modeled Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Jul 30, 2013
- Snowball Assassins[float=left][/float]We woke up early today as we were going to be spending our time in the Swiss Alps and we wanted to get as much time there as possible, especiall Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Jul 30, 2013
- Setting the Record Straight and Off to Neutral Territory[float=left][/float]With Austrian music still playing in our minds from last night, we left the Marmota Hostel in Innsbruck and began our final Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Jul 29, 2013
- willisau to luzernsunday: another aft. of doing nothing, apart from avoiding the sun!
we put the thermometer outside for a bit, to see how hot it really was, and the answer was 110 deg.!
not sure that made us feel better, or worse, but Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jul 28, 2013
- Living in SwitzerlandSince it seems we repeat the same stories to everyone, and because we have had several family and friends asking us if we are blogging, we have relented! For those of you on Facebook, on email, and linked through Posted by rucklesclough in Cloughs as Expats | Jul 27, 2013
- durrenroth to willisausaturday: didn't do much yesterday at the aire; just tried to keep cool! enjoyed the stupendous view all
around us, and it was v peaceful too.
ate tea outside, and then sat outside as long as we could (bugs!) before getting Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jul 27, 2013
- bern to durrenroth (via reconvilier, biel/bienne, for omega)friday: lovely aft. in bern yesterday, extremely hot, but good!
scootered in after lunch, easy to find the centre, about 15 mins. from the site.
parked up near to the fine arts museum, kunstmuseum, and popped in to see if it was Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jul 26, 2013
- Travel day/night Lauterbrunnen to Prague via LucerneLeft Lauterbunnen after breakfast and caught train to Lucerne where we decided to do some sightseeing before carrying on to Zurich. Lucerne was busy but not overly so. We had lunch first. Jeff found an Asian restaurant in a tourist Posted by dmwmoonee in Planes, Trains and Bikes - Europe 2013 | Jul 25, 2013
- oron la ville to bernthursday: relaxed aft. at the aire (parking spot!), no-one bothered us, but we did realise
we had parked on the side of a road to somewhere!
just before cooking the tea we decided to have another look around, see if there Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jul 25, 2013
- BernI don't know about the rest of you , but until this trip was plannedI had never heard of the " Jung-frau". Well, today we had the opportunity to travel by train to Interlaken. We had a couple of train Posted by Ruth n Kevin in 2013 Journey with Barnett's | Jul 25, 2013
- st leonard to oron la villewednesday: so hot at the aire/car park yesterday! 92 deg. in the van!
just pottered all aft., we sat outside, in the picnic area, for a bit, and had all the windows wide open
until it was dark; luckily for us Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jul 24, 2013
- Switzerland Day 3Went for a walk this morning to Trummelbach falls along the Lauerbrunnen valley - about a 30-40 minute walk from our hotel. There are many visible falls along the valley but this one can only be seen when you Posted by dmwmoonee in Planes, Trains and Bikes - Europe 2013 | Jul 23, 2013
- saas fee to st leonard (via leuk for leukerbad)tuesday: had a lovely aft. yesterday, walking around saas fee, which we liked from the moment
p got the key for the elec. cupboard and plugged us in - and we realised that there was no need to
get Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jul 23, 2013
- randa to saas fee (via st niklaus)monday: another great day yesterday!
after usual get-up routine, we got the washing done and up on the lines, then made a picnic and went
for a hike from a v. small village, taschalp (2200m), above tasch (1449m).
we headed towards Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jul 22, 2013
- Switzerland Day 2Woke up to a bright sunny day. Perfect for a trip to the 'top of europe'. The trip started in Laterbrunnen with a train ride up to Wengen and Kleine Scheidegg where we changed to a train to Jungfraujoch. This Posted by dmwmoonee in Planes, Trains and Bikes - Europe 2013 | Jul 21, 2013
- Lausanne We have had 2 days in Lausanne. Yesterday we wandered the foreshore of Lake Geneva. It's still hot, and there are people everywhere. The marina holds hundreds of yachts, and today was evidence of the people lapping up the Posted by Ruth n Kevin in 2013 Journey with Barnett's | Jul 21, 2013
- Switzerland Day 1Trained from Venice to Brig in Switzerland in the morning. In Brig (Switzerland) we bought a half fare card and a ticket for our final legs of the journey to Lauterbrunnen. Swiss efficiency is already evident. It took a Posted by dmwmoonee in Planes, Trains and Bikes - Europe 2013 | Jul 20, 2013