- Lucerne - Somewhere over the Rainbow.Last time on Blissful Adventures…
Having visited the somewhat faded lakeside resort of Interlaken in a futile search for spectacular views of the iconic mountains and glaciers of the High Alps, our intrepid travellers were so distraught at their failur Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Nov 9, 2014
- Interlaken - No Longer a Chocolate BoxIn its heyday at the beginning of the last century Interlaken was bursting with luxury hostelries catering to the Hooray-Henry’s of the world. It is easy to imagine guests arriving by lake steamer from Bern or on board the luxurious Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Nov 7, 2014
- Bern - Einstein War HierAlbert Einstein and his family spent 7 years in this Bern apartment at the start of the twentieth century when he worked as a technical expert (third class) in the Swiss national patent office…
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/171352/1-P1110034.jpg Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Nov 5, 2014
- Switzerland and the RhineI have uploaded my complete photo album for this wonderful trip with wonderful folks.
Please click [[https://plus.google.com/photos/105315951877062706703/albums/6077966806972430209?authkey=CL767LnukOmwfw|Rhine Photo Album]] to enjoy.
Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Nov 4, 2014
- A Letter from EuropeAs Remembrance Day approaches World War One is on the minds of Britons and in memory of all the British and Empire servicemen who died in that conflict a hundred years ago nearly a million ceramic poppies are being ‘planted’ Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Nov 4, 2014
- Chamonix - Mont Blanc - The French AlpsAt an altitude of 3,369 ft., Chamonix lies in a valley at the junction of France, Italy, and Switzerland, and is the historic capital of Alpine skiing. This was the site of the first Winter Olympic Games in 1924. Surrounding Posted by lcostet in Passport 2 Travel | Oct 29, 2014
- Berner Oberland, Switzerland Day 2After breakfast we checked out of our B&B and drove to Stechelberg where we parked the car and took the cable car to Gimmelwald, a small village in the Bernese Oberland that still retains its authenticity and charm.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.c Posted by lcostet in Passport 2 Travel | Oct 23, 2014
- Berner Oberland, Switzerland Day 1Woke up early and after breakfast made our way to the bus station that took us to the gondola cable car to Mannlichen, a 30 minute ride with spectacular views. From there we hiked about 1 1/2 hours to the Posted by lcostet in Passport 2 Travel | Oct 23, 2014
- Switzerland and the RhineToday we checked out of the Radisson Blu in Lucerne and headed for Basel, where we would tour the city and board AMACello for our trip north to Amsterdam. It was a pretty ride the 80 or so km Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Oct 17, 2014
- Switzerland and the RhineAlthough there was some rain overnight, our walking tour this morning was dry and the day turned sunny and we had a nice lunch along side the river. Lucerne is a holiday paradise during the prime season with many folks Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Oct 15, 2014
- Switzerland and the RhineWe traveled through the Swiss countryside the 60 or so Km from Zurich to Lucerne. It was a wonderful journey as the sun was shining and the weather was great. You can really get a feel for the Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Oct 14, 2014
- Switzerland and the RhineToday, we started our AMA Waterways experience. Our morning commenced at 0930 with a brief bus overview of the sights of the city and it's historic landmarks and then we walked through the old town and ended up on Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Oct 13, 2014
- Switzerland and the RhineOur main purpose in coming to Geneva was to visit the CERN Laboratory, which is celebrating its 50th birthday. For anyone with some knowledge and interest in sub-atomic physics, this is Mecca, as it is the largest accelerator in Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Oct 12, 2014
- Switzerland and the RhineWell, after a somewhat longer break than desired for the birth of our three new grandbabies, I am back on the road... Yesterday I flew to Geneva through Paris. The Dulles to Paris leg was aboard the double Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Oct 10, 2014
- Mellow Day in ZurichWe had a nice and relaxing day in Zurich. Emily left for practice around 9:00 something and I didn't even move I was still so tired. I woke up an hour later and checked on Justin out on the couch. Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Oct 9, 2014
- The Eagle's Nest & DachauWe woke up before the sun this morning. We got up bright and early at 6:45 to pack up and get ready for our long day ahead of us. We walked down to have some toast and coffee and were Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Oct 8, 2014
- Mt Pilatus and swiss chocolate!Many people have told us that Switzerland is one of the most beautiful places in Europe. Those same people have also said it was very expensive. They weren't wrong...on both accounts! I guess there is always a price for beauty Posted by renee.coutts in Nae and the flying bear go to Europe | Oct 7, 2014
- Lake LucerneWe got up early and had some breakfast on the deck at the Aescher Guesthouse before hiking back to the cable car and the ride back down to our car. Then we drove to beautiful Lake Lucerne and walked Posted by lcostet in Passport 2 Travel | Oct 6, 2014
- Ebenalp, SwitzerlandAfter leaving Fussen, we drove onto Appenzell where we stopped at an ATM so I could get some Swiss Francs, and then onto Wasserauen. We parked in the parking lot and packed what we needed for one night and headed Posted by lcostet in Passport 2 Travel | Oct 6, 2014
- St. Moritz to Zurich - 9/27/2014 Two trains and a walk9/27 - We say goodbye to St. Moritz and begin our long journey home to L.A. - a 2-hour train to Chur, then another hour trip on a fast train into Zurich.
Arrive in Z Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2014 | Sep 27, 2014
- Zermatt to St. Moritz - 9/26/2014 Glacier Express!9/26 - We hop aboard the Glacier Express for an 8 hour train ride through the Swiss Alps - from Zermatt to St. Moritz (close to Italy's border). It is a long day on the train, and not quite Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2014 | Sep 27, 2014
- Auf Wiedersehen, Zürich!And we're off!! With mixed emotions, we bid farewell... well, more like "see you later"... to our dear Switzerland. As we sit on our bus driving us to Milan, we can't help but remember all the wonderful memories Posted by NicoleandJens in Eastbound and Onwards | Sep 27, 2014
- Wengen to Zermatt - 9/25/2014 we arrive at the Matterhorn!9/25 - well, Disneyland's ride never looked like this! Got up early in Wengen again and took a few trains over to Zermatt, Switzerland to hopefully get a view of the real Matterhorn. We were not disappointed. Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2014 | Sep 26, 2014
- Wengen - Thun 9/24/2014 Motorcycle ride!9/24 - well I was shocked too, but the photos below prove it really did happen. We got up at the crack of dawn, grabbed breakfast at Hotel Alpenrose and headed down the hill to Interlaken - 4 trains Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2014 | Sep 25, 2014
- Zurich SwitzerlandWas only in Zurich for what seemed like a few short hours. My train got in from Geneva around 4 in the afternoon and as it was pouring rain I went straight to the hotel and checked in. The hotel Posted by CStopero in European Adventure | Sep 24, 2014