- 2013 P6 TRAINS AROUND SWITZERLAND - ST. MORITZ TO CHURLEAVING ST .MORITZ, I HAVE TO TRAVEL BACK TO TIRANO IN ITALY, THEN BACK PASSED ST. MORITZ TO CHUR.
THE SWISS AGENT CAME UP WITH THE ITINERARY & I WAS A BIT CONFUSED AS TO WHY ALL THE TOOING & Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 1, 2005
- 2013 P5 TRAINS AROUND SWITZERLAND - ST. MORITZST. MORITZ
FABLED, RICH MANS PLAYGROUND.
JET SETTERS - MOVIE STARS - PRINCESSES.
WELL- NOT WHEN I WAS THERE. IT WAS STRANGELY EMPTY.
APRE SKI & PRE SUMMER HORDES? MY BONUS ANYWAY..
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/645621/P1110611.j Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 1, 2005
- 2013 P4 TRAINS AROUND SWITZERLAND - LUCERNE TO ST. MORITZTODAY I HEAD SOUTH ON THE WILLIAM TELL PANORAMIC EXPRESS, WHICH STARTS AS A BOAT RIDE DOWN THE LENGTH OF THE VERY PICTURESQUE LAKE LUCERNE, TO LUGANO FOR THREE NIGHTS
AT THE TICKET OFFICE I AM GIVEN A SOUVENIR OF THE Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 1, 2005
- 2013 P3 TRAINS AROUND SWITZERLAND - LUCERNE
[center][[http://hasbeen.travellerspoint.com/236/|HERE IS THE PRIOR LEG]][/center]
I TOOK THE TRAIN AGAIN TO LUCERNE, EAST & NORTH A BIT FROM INTERLAKEN
THIS LION IS THE CITIES SYMBOL...
[img=http://photos.travellerspoin Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 1, 2005
- 2013 P2 TRAINS AROUND SWITZERLAND - INTERLAKEN & JUNGFRAU[center][[http://hasbeen.travellerspoint.com/233/|HERE IS THE PRIOR LEG...]][/center]
.....itself does not get a very good writeup but I quite enjoyed it. Weather had warmed up so that helped.
Interlaken is a good base for tr Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 1, 2005
- 2013 P1 TRAINS AROUND SWITZERLAND - GENEVA TO INTERLAKEN===SWITZERLAND===
IT DOES NOT HAVE A COASTLINE, SO I HAD NOT THOUGHT OF IT TOO SERIOUSLY AS A DESTINATION.
UNTIL, ON A RECENT CRUISE I MET A CROATIAN LADY WHO RAVED ABOUT IT.
THERE ARE SEVERAL PANORAMIC TRAINS CRISS-CROSSING THE ENTIRE Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 1, 2005
- SwitzerlandWhen I thought the view from our train cabin couldn’t get any better, we got to experience the mind blowing scenery on the trip from Austria to Switzerland. Our train ran right through the Swiss alps, we were glued to Posted by Justo81 in Europe - Mel and Justin (2014) | Feb 13, 2014
- Travelling in the Land of Kagifrets - Part 5 After the first day of ski lessons, Hans took us to a beautiful restaurant for lunch. The Hotel Misani has all wood walls in the local style. They had a lovely soft sheen and apparently they give it wash with Posted by suntosnow in Saying goodbye to summer.... | Jan 21, 2014
- Il viaggioL'aveva già scritto Seneca - e Socrate prima di lui - in una lettera al suo amico Lucilio:
[i]Credi che questo sia capitato soltanto a te e ti meravigli come di una cosa straordinaria che, nonostante le tue peregrinazioni così Posted by ninabuffi in Il viaggio dei gufi | Jan 21, 2014
- Sunrise in the land of KagifretsHere is a little timelapse of the sunrise from the balcony of the apartment at Samedan, Engadin Valley.
Posted by suntosnow in Saying goodbye to summer.... | Jan 16, 2014
- Travelling in the Land of Kagifrets - Part 4Dominique organized one of the loveliest days, her and Hans drove all of us, including Leo the Spanish Sheepdog, to nearby Sils and we went from there on a horse and cart up the mountain a little way. Wrapped warmly Posted by suntosnow in Saying goodbye to summer.... | Jan 6, 2014
- Travelling in the Land of Kagifrets - Part 3 - Winter sportsThough neither Randy or I wished to go downhill skiing due to fears about our aging bodies and doing something to ruin the last two weeks of travel, we did book the boys into some lessons. Much excitement was had Posted by suntosnow in Saying goodbye to summer.... | Jan 6, 2014
- Travelling in the land of Kagifrets - Part 2The trip from Zurich to Samedan took the whole morning, with the train gradually getting higher up the mountains, with a fast train to Chur then the slower train through the Bernina Pass. After the change at Chur, people were Posted by suntosnow in Saying goodbye to summer.... | Jan 5, 2014
- Travelling in the land of Kagifrets Part 1Leaving Anna, Steve and Adam in Nottingham was not as hard as we thought, knowing that we will see them in a week from now in Italy. So we flew out of East Midlands Airport and into Amsterdam to catch Posted by suntosnow in Saying goodbye to summer.... | Jan 5, 2014
- Our last day in ZurichOur last day in Zurich and a sleep in after the long day yesterday. David ducked out for pastries and drinks for breakfast while we slowly got ready for the day and packed our bags.
We checked out, stored our luggage Posted by smenarry in UK.USA 2013.14 | Dec 31, 2013
- Lucerne, Engelberg and Mt TitlisAnother day of exploration, this time to find some snow.
We all layered up in thermals, fleeces and coats for the day ahead.
We took the train from Zurich to Lucerne and then on to Engelberg at the foot of Mt Titlis. Posted by smenarry in UK.USA 2013.14 | Dec 31, 2013
- ’tis the season to be jolly. And to overeat.Two family Christmas meals later and numerous regular meals later, the conclusion is that the Swiss overcook their veggies. The cauliflower and broccoli taste pretty similar as they’ve been boiled to nirvana. The carrots are an orange mush as are Posted by Goofy9 in AdventureTwoPointO | Dec 28, 2013
- The AlpsThursday, December 19,2013
Weather: high 30's and overcast
Today we had a big adventure! We took the train from Basel to Lucerne (Switzerland). It's about an hour train ride. From Lucerne we took a narrow gauge railroad to Engelberg which is Posted by toursbym in Tours by Margaret | Dec 19, 2013
- Thanksgiving in SwitzerlandThanks to my friend Erin, we spent our Thanksgiving in Zweisimmen, Switzerland. I have to be honest and say that I fought her a little bit on this one and here is why. The Swiss customs website says that one Posted by trackers in ¡Global Nada! | Dec 18, 2013
- BaselWeather: overcast, mid 40's
Wednesday, December 18, 2013
Greetings from Basel, Switzerland!
Today we disembarked from the cruise at 10am in Basel, Switzerland. We had to vacate our room by 9am but we could wait in the lounge until 10am. Since Posted by toursbym in Tours by Margaret | Dec 18, 2013
- ZurichBlog post according to James - On the plane only the coolest people stayed awake for the first few hours it was a test of determination and awesomeness. Of our family everyone slept but James in the Posted by smenarry in UK.USA 2013.14 | Dec 18, 2013
- Santa has already been here Christmas is a decidedly low-key affair here. Sure, the one big main street, Bahnhoffstrasse, has pretty lights, though nothing in excess like the bright blue Christmas lights in Singapore. There are pretty trees here and there, but nothing like the Posted by Goofy9 in AdventureTwoPointO | Dec 16, 2013
- Mini Retirement[[http://www.fourhourworkweek.com|Four Hour Work Week]] - Read this book in 2010. Even though I don’t believe I can architect my life in a manner that allows me to only work 4 hours a week, the author does have some clever ideas. Posted by Goofy9 in AdventureTwoPointO | Dec 10, 2013
- THE MOST DANGEROUS DAY OF OUR TRIPDuring these six months travelling we have had several special memories that involved adrenaline, such us riding a motorbike in Vietnam, biking around the busy streets of Cambodia, getting a flat tyre in the middle of the Angkor Wat temple Posted by erika_simon in Simplicity, Inspiration and Angels | Dec 8, 2013
- Of Closets and Children's HospitalsThere’s so much about the housing here that is different. For example, it is more common than uncommon to just have one master bathroom for a family. The bathroom is considered a family room - meant to be shared, like Posted by Goofy9 in AdventureTwoPointO | Nov 30, 2013