- Paying Respect to the Great Actors/Singers of YesteryearsThe Canton of Vaud
Of all the places I've been to in Switzerland, the Canton of Vaud is one of those that really have it all.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/684212/20130711_200 Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Aug 21, 2014
- Week 19: Rain and big walks in SwitzerlandSwitzerland has been a wet week, but has slowly grown on us over time. We started the week driving over a big mountain pass from Austria. It was a beautiful drive, lots of windy corners, spectacular mountains and valleys. The Posted by Andrew and Lisa in Andrew & Lisa's european adventure | Aug 19, 2014
- Last Day in GenevaOur original plan for today was to go swimming in Lake Geneva but it was raining when we woke up and the weather forecast looked quite gloomy for the rest of the day. Due to the bad weather, we stayed Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Aug 11, 2014
- Hanging Out In GenevaToday was another fun day in Geneva! We slept in pretty late since we were running on three hours of sleep from the night before. Once we were refreshed we left the house around 11:15 to go see Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Aug 10, 2014
- Travel Day: Lausanne to GenevaWe started the day off by getting up at 8:30 to finish some last minute packing before heading to Geneva. We made sure to stop for a coffee and croissant before long because we were up so late the night Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Aug 9, 2014
- Refreshing Day in BernWe had another fantastic day today! We were planning on waking up around 10:00 today, but we stayed up until 4:00 in the morning working on travel planning, so we decided to sleep in a couple more hours. Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Aug 8, 2014
- Fun Day in LausanneToday we spent the afternoon exploring central Lausanne. We were planning on waking up around 10:00, but we were too sleepy and didn't actually get up until around 11:00. Once we were up we showered and got ready Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Aug 7, 2014
- Travel Day: Zurich to LausanneWhat an adventurous travel day! We started off our morning around 10:00 am. Jackson, Justin, and I all got up and finished packing before heading downstairs to check out and say our goodbyes. Justin and I had Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Aug 6, 2014
- Travel Day: Krakow to ZurichEven though we had a travel day today, it was pretty relaxing and we all enjoyed a lovely day. Jackson started the day by waking up earlier than Kaela and me to pick up a coffee and some toothpaste. Kaela Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Aug 5, 2014
18th Jun to 21st Jun: After our six night stay in Paris, it was time to begin our Busabout trip travelling from Paris all the way to Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland. We were up early in Paris Posted by AshLisa in Ash & Lisa go exploring | Jul 22, 2014
- Walking through the CloudsAfter Interlaken, my Mom and I travelled East to Luzern (probably seen as Lucerne), Switzerland.
Day 1: Arrive and sight see around town
Luzern is situated around a lake and has a cute medieval feel to it, with cobblestoned lanes and Posted by EscapewithKay in Jersey Girl hits Europe | Jul 19, 2014
- Top of EuropeFrom Paris starts the real portion of my time together with my Mom. Our trip was: 2 cities in Switzerland (Interlaken and Luzern); Fussen, Germany; Salzburg, Austria; and Munich, Germany. It was great because my Mom was in charge of Posted by EscapewithKay in Jersey Girl hits Europe | Jul 18, 2014
- The Final ProblemMeiringen & Hasliberg
To my eternal shame, I had completely forgotten that Sherlock Holmes (supposedly) died in the fight with Prof. Moriarty at Reichenbach Falls, Meiringen. Thank heavens for the power of internet in which this famous location popped Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Jul 8, 2014
- The Beauty of Travelling AloneTicino
After 2 nights in St Moritz, it was time to move on towards Ticino to explore the beautiful Valle Maggia and also the other tourists spots in Ticino.
On my way towards Ascona, I noticed that my train was going to Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Jul 7, 2014
This is the hotel in Engelberg. Posted by cheryllinmc in Europe | Jul 6, 2014
- It Does Not Pay To Have A Packed PlanSt. Moritz & Caumasee
Work training ended on this date, and I rushed to catch the train for the last leg of this wonderful journey. I had taken a week's holiday to further explore the wonders around me but I was Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Jul 6, 2014
- A White TobleroneInterlaken & Zermatt
All my life, I have not seen or even touched real snow. That changed on this fateful weekend as I finally had the chance to go up the Alps, or more precisely, Matterhorn
Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Jul 6, 2014
- Weekend in Interlaken, SwitzerlandJust returned from our weekend excursion to Interlaken, Switzerland. We left early Thursday morning to go to the International Labor Organization in Geneva, Switzerland with our whole class. We did a mock meeting thing to discuss forced labor in the Posted by Rmeurope14 in Randa's Summer in Europe | Jun 29, 2014
- We all went down to Montreux...Hi Guys,
Well, after much deliberating we decided to go to Montreux on the
Lake Geneva shoreline in Switzerland for the UK Spring bank holiday
weekend (Monday 26 May).
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/664206/E928CDAB2219AC6817380965DC1F36 Posted by clarkesintheuk in Tim and Helen In the UK take 2 | Jun 26, 2014
- Waterfalls and river rides Rhine Falls + Basel
Hello Sunday, bright and early! My trip this time was joined again by D.
Rhine Falls is known as the largest waterfall in Europe. It is impressive, but...I had imagined it to be "larger" considering that it Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Jun 20, 2014
- Of Mountains and LakesMt. Rigi + Lucerne
3 weekends in and I'm already an expert at Swiss transportation system. Making excellent time, I took the cog railway up from Arth Goldau to the summit - Rigi Kulm. The concept was that it's more tiring Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Jun 20, 2014
- Why would you want to go to the library?St Gallen
It was a cold, gloomy Sunday as I made my way to St Gallen. My goal on this day - Abbey of St Gall. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, it also houses the famous Abbey Library - one of Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Jun 17, 2014
- Long Live The SwissWe walked in to our room in Lauterbrunnen and we were amazed. It had wood paneled floors, a loft, comfy mattresses and pillows, and a BALCONY that overlooked the Lauterbrunnen valley. Lauterbrunnen alone has 72 waterfalls and one of the Posted by carlybassett94 in Miles and Smiles Away | Jun 16, 2014
- So this is what a city looks like in Europe Baden + Zurich
Baden, being the municipality nearest to Wettingen with a major train station, was the starting point of all my weekend journeys around Switzerland. And since my plan was to go about Zurich, I had enough time in the Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Jun 16, 2014
- Guten Morgen SwitzerlandBern & Gruyere
What should i start with? Hmm....
I needed a way to capture my memories in words before I forget them, and already I am one year too late writing this post. Thanks to the opportunity my company gave me, Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Jun 15, 2014