18th Jun to 21st Jun: After our six night stay in Paris, it was time to begin our Busabout trip travelling from Paris all the way to Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland. We were up early in Paris Posted by AshLisa in Ash & Lisa go exploring | Jul 22, 2014
- Walking through the CloudsAfter Interlaken, my Mom and I travelled East to Luzern (probably seen as Lucerne), Switzerland.
Day 1: Arrive and sight see around town
Luzern is situated around a lake and has a cute medieval feel to it, with cobblestoned lanes and Posted by EscapewithKay in Jersey Girl hits Europe | Jul 19, 2014
- Top of EuropeFrom Paris starts the real portion of my time together with my Mom. Our trip was: 2 cities in Switzerland (Interlaken and Luzern); Fussen, Germany; Salzburg, Austria; and Munich, Germany. It was great because my Mom was in charge of Posted by EscapewithKay in Jersey Girl hits Europe | Jul 18, 2014
- The Final ProblemMeiringen & Hasliberg
To my eternal shame, I had completely forgotten that Sherlock Holmes (supposedly) died in the fight with Prof. Moriarty at Reichenbach Falls, Meiringen. Thank heavens for the power of internet in which this famous location popped Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Jul 8, 2014
- The Beauty of Travelling AloneTicino
After 2 nights in St Moritz, it was time to move on towards Ticino to explore the beautiful Valle Maggia and also the other tourists spots in Ticino.
On my way towards Ascona, I noticed that my train was going to Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Jul 7, 2014
This is the hotel in Engelberg. Posted by cheryllinmc in Europe | Jul 6, 2014
- It Does Not Pay To Have A Packed PlanSt. Moritz & Caumasee
Work training ended on this date, and I rushed to catch the train for the last leg of this wonderful journey. I had taken a week's holiday to further explore the wonders around me but I was Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Jul 6, 2014
- A White TobleroneInterlaken & Zermatt
All my life, I have not seen or even touched real snow. That changed on this fateful weekend as I finally had the chance to go up the Alps, or more precisely, Matterhorn
Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Jul 6, 2014
- Weekend in Interlaken, SwitzerlandJust returned from our weekend excursion to Interlaken, Switzerland. We left early Thursday morning to go to the International Labor Organization in Geneva, Switzerland with our whole class. We did a mock meeting thing to discuss forced labor in the Posted by Rmeurope14 in Randa's Summer in Europe | Jun 29, 2014
- We all went down to Montreux...Hi Guys,
Well, after much deliberating we decided to go to Montreux on the
Lake Geneva shoreline in Switzerland for the UK Spring bank holiday
weekend (Monday 26 May).
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/664206/E928CDAB2219AC6817380965DC1F36 Posted by clarkesintheuk in Tim and Helen In the UK take 2 | Jun 26, 2014
- Waterfalls and river rides Rhine Falls + Basel
Hello Sunday, bright and early! My trip this time was joined again by D.
Rhine Falls is known as the largest waterfall in Europe. It is impressive, but...I had imagined it to be "larger" considering that it Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Jun 20, 2014
- Of Mountains and LakesMt. Rigi + Lucerne
3 weekends in and I'm already an expert at Swiss transportation system. Making excellent time, I took the cog railway up from Arth Goldau to the summit - Rigi Kulm. The concept was that it's more tiring Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Jun 20, 2014
- Why would you want to go to the library?St Gallen
It was a cold, gloomy Sunday as I made my way to St Gallen. My goal on this day - Abbey of St Gall. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, it also houses the famous Abbey Library - one of Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Jun 17, 2014
- Long Live The SwissWe walked in to our room in Lauterbrunnen and we were amazed. It had wood paneled floors, a loft, comfy mattresses and pillows, and a BALCONY that overlooked the Lauterbrunnen valley. Lauterbrunnen alone has 72 waterfalls and one of the Posted by carlybassett94 in Miles and Smiles Away | Jun 16, 2014
- So this is what a city looks like in Europe Baden + Zurich
Baden, being the municipality nearest to Wettingen with a major train station, was the starting point of all my weekend journeys around Switzerland. And since my plan was to go about Zurich, I had enough time in the Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Jun 16, 2014
- Guten Morgen SwitzerlandBern & Gruyere
What should i start with? Hmm....
I needed a way to capture my memories in words before I forget them, and already I am one year too late writing this post. Thanks to the opportunity my company gave me, Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Jun 15, 2014
- Switzerland Is Suh-WeeeeetWe had our longest travel day thus far trying to get to Switzerland. If you read the last post you already have most of the story. By the time we got on the train we were completely exhausted. So a Posted by carlybassett94 in Miles and Smiles Away | Jun 14, 2014
- At least I'm relaxing!I've got about a day and a half left in Switzerland and to be honest I'll be glad to go. It's an amazingly gorgeous place but honestly there's just not much to do. One thing I forgot to mention in Posted by kbuck0828 in Wandering Wonderland | Jun 2, 2014
- Not all hostels are created equal.Leaving Italy was hard. I loved Cinque Terre so much and I had developed friendships with the hostel staff. Andrea, the great guy that runs the hostel, even drove me down to the train station himself. I was also offered Posted by kbuck0828 in Wandering Wonderland | May 31, 2014
- Time to catch our breath!Well, we need to catch up ith our trip the past couple of days. First our stop in Lucerne, Switzerland, a small community that you may have seen future recently on the Amazing Race TV show. Yes, the Posted by jonaway in It's Tuesday we must be in Amsterdam | May 14, 2014
- Adventure TimeWe woke early on Sunday morning and set off on our grand journey. So 2 hour train to Zurich (spent half an hour there LOL just to say we'd been there) then 1.5h train to Locarno, 30min bus to Verzasca Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | May 14, 2014
- Starstruck in Der SchweizWoke up at the unearthly hour of 4 am to catch my 650am flight to Geneva. After not being able to fall asleep the night before, I was running on 3h sleep (for me, a disaster) so I slept the Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | May 14, 2014
- Day 9We leave Italy north wards to Switzerland. As we approach Milan the number of trucks on the road and congestion increases exponentially!!! I find out from Miki, our driver, that in Europe no trucks are allowed from 5 pm Posted by alitabrown in Europe 2014 | May 12, 2014
- Preparing to Rediscover a Good FriendWe started this Travellerspoint experience as a way to thank everybody who somehow contributed to our California trip in October 2013. The older posts in here related to that experience, and it is still possible for anyone interested to read Posted by dindiosk in Current Destination: Greece and Turkey | Apr 7, 2014
- SwitzerlandToday we drove from France into Switzerland. My they are so close! Switzerland scenery is stunning, like chocolate box country. We drove through Basel onto the Jung Frau region, and stayed in a small town called Wilderswill.
We cruised through the Posted by mccoach-cripps in mccoach-cripps travels | Mar 22, 2014