- ZurichZurich is a stunning, delightful, interesting, fascinating, captivating, intriguing and peaceful place. We have walked the streets in the old part of the town and down and along the lake. It has a relaxed feel about it, and Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Oct 25, 2013
- Milano to Tirano to Chur to ZurichWhen we started out on these three separate train journeys, we did not realise what a big day of train travelling it was going to be. Partly through a lack of preparedness and partly due to the fact Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Oct 24, 2013
- Ace or AssLearning another languages should teach me patience, with myself. That it is a process of acquiring a new skill and it will take time. Immersion helps but it's only been a week! Today, I was annoyed with me because I Posted by Goofy9 in AdventureTwoPointO | Oct 23, 2013
- Tirano, Italy, via Bernina Pass, to St Moritz, SwitzerlandIt only took us around five kms out of Tirano to cross the Swiss border. There was a beautiful lake there with a view of the alps. We started climbing the mountains and a lot more cars were also doing Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Oct 21, 2013
- Sticker Shock in SwitzerlandStarbucks Chai Tea Latte, Tall, Soy, Extra Hot, No Foam, Single Pump. 6 Swiss Franks for a Tall! Really seriously, yes. Grande in the US costs about $4 and the shorter Tall here is $6.47. WTH. And for those of Posted by Goofy9 in AdventureTwoPointO | Oct 21, 2013
- Adventure 2.0It's been many months...The summer months were spent wrestling with important decisions. Decisions that had been in the making for over a year; some decisions just need time to "ferment" and to feel like they are the right thing. And Posted by Goofy9 in May The Blog Be with You | Oct 20, 2013
- The PolterabendNo, not a night spent hunting poltergeists, but rather a Swiss German bachelorette night! My friend Eileen is getting married at the end of August and I was invited along to her polterabend. Aside from the usual goings Posted by chinaadventurer in switzerlandbound | Oct 15, 2013
- Sankt Nikolaus Tag and Fackeling at the OT Christmas PartyDecember 6 was St Nicholas Day here in Switzerland. There was a small parade through the old town -- it was quite a sight to see about 20 St Nicks on horseback followed by about another 10 playing in a Posted by chinaadventurer in switzerlandbound | Oct 15, 2013
- JungfrauThis morning we had a little bit of a sleep in not having to be at the meeting point until 8:30. We caught the Jungfraubahn railway up to the summit of Jungfrau which is known as the 'top of Europe'. Posted by missdigney in European Adventure! | Oct 13, 2013
- Swiss AlpsWe started early this morning for a looooooong drive! We drove nine hours to Switzerland, stopping every 2-3 hours for 'comfort stops'. It actually didn't seem to take too long with the frequent breaks. As we arrived in Switzerland, it Posted by missdigney in European Adventure! | Oct 13, 2013
- Ready, set...We are officially married for almost 21 months. We threw a big party with friends and family in Brazil in April this year. Still, it is now that we finally get our chance to go on honeymoon, and after lots Posted by dindiosk in Current Destination: Greece and Turkey | Oct 10, 2013
- KonstanzTwo months earlier I was in Munich with my cousins, they encouraged me to come back for Oktoberfest. To get there from Zurich I decided to pass through the lake side Swiss-German border town of Konstanz.
Konstanz is a fun city Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Oct 9, 2013
- ZurichAfter making some awesome friends around Central America I was looking forward to meeting up with them in Europe.
Robin lives in Zurich so I added Switzerland to my places to visit list.
I flew in from Barcelona, was picked Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Oct 9, 2013
- Das Ende unserer europäischen Reise. Wir sind glücklich nachFred and I have been so thankful for the opportunity to travel in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. It has been a trip of a lifetime, new friends, new experiences, and the time to reconnect and just have fun for Posted by Horstmeyer in Horstmeyer European Vacation | Oct 8, 2013
- Lucerne, SwitzerlandLucerne/ Luzern, Switzerland
We left Murren in heavy fog. Once we took a lift down into the valley, the sky was clear and blue. We had the most beautiful train ride from Lauterbrunnen Ost to Luzern. It is know as Posted by Horstmeyer in Horstmeyer European Vacation | Oct 6, 2013
- Blumen and de TurSince we landed in Germany and Switzerland, every large and small community home is very well groomed and full of flowers. I am going to upload a few pics of my favorites because I have maybe 100.
I Posted by Horstmeyer in Horstmeyer European Vacation | Oct 5, 2013
- OPPS, booked hotel in wrong country!Booked next hotel in wrong country :)
I knew I would have to mess up somewhere as I arranged this trip on my own with no International experience. Tomorrow, Sunday we head to Lucerne, Switzerland . I thought I would double Posted by Horstmeyer in Horstmeyer European Vacation | Oct 5, 2013
- Murren and Gimmelwald
Mürren is a traditional mountain village in Bernese Oberland, Switzerland, which is unreachable by public road. This is a small village of 400 people who rely of tourism with 2000 hotel rooms available. We are here the last week of Posted by Horstmeyer in Horstmeyer European Vacation | Oct 5, 2013
- Murren, Switzerland Left Bern, Switzerland on the 9:05 train this morning. We had to transfer to 3 trains, one lift and another small train to reach the small alpine village of Murren. This small village does not allow cars except for local Posted by Horstmeyer in Horstmeyer European Vacation | Oct 3, 2013
- Out of our comfort zoneWoke up and looked out the patio door in Schwangau, Germany to see my last glimpse of Neuschwanstein castle. The clouds we so low you could not even see the mountain.
Drove 1.5 hours in Lindau, German country roads thru farming Posted by Horstmeyer in Horstmeyer European Vacation | Oct 2, 2013
- Cloudy Cable Cars 19th September 2013
We had an early start this morning - on the coach by 730am. It was pouring this morning and it is so cloudy that I didn't think I would get any great pictures of the traditional Swiss village. Posted by JenMF in J.E.D's OS Jaunt | Sep 25, 2013
- Black Forest (not the cake)Yodellayhehoooooo...... I am in Switzerland now... It has been a busy busy week with trying to finish seeing things in London then meeting the tour group on Wednesday at the inhumane hour of 5.30am (who does that on holidays... Mean!) Posted by JenneanB in A World away from Oz | Sep 13, 2013
- Chapter #16: EpilogueDear all,
I am back home, in my lovely Switzerland. I am quite confused about what has happened "lately": I am in my normal and usual reality, but it definitely feels different. There is this window in my mind that sometimes Posted by jack87jack in Spinning around | Aug 29, 2013
- James Bond Breakfast on Piz Gloria
I always found this mountain top location intriguing ...
... ever since seeing "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" Posted by LuxuryRogue in Gentleman Adventurer | Aug 6, 2013
- luzern to zurichtuesday: total rain day yesterday! we decided to stay at the site, as just no respite for p to get packed
up. lots of people left, but others came to fill their places; another sun ti, dutch, parked next to Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jul 30, 2013