- grimentz to randa (via visp, for zermatt)saturday: had a fab day yesterday - a really special one! (p's fav.)
pottered around in the van in the am, then made a picnic, got onto the scoot and made for the
moiry dam (2249m), 8km uphill.
gorgeous journey through the Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jul 20, 2013
- Ascona to LausanneWell, we have had a very interesting journey that supposedly takes the locals half a day. It took us 7.5 hours. We left Ascona, as per instructions from Glenn, ( 10 am ) we actually surprised ourselves, and Posted by Ruth n Kevin in 2013 Journey with Barnett's | Jul 19, 2013
- martigny to grimentz (via sion, st leonard, crans-montana)wednesday: hot aft. in the car park! wandered around to get the lay of the land, then locked up
the van and off on the scooter for a trip to verbier (1500m).
took about half an hour, along a main road for Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jul 17, 2013
- St MoritzHow can yu reallyelain in words what we have experienced today. A 3303m climb in a cable car, wonderful snow capped mountains , one felt they were sitting on top of the world! We spent a few hours up Posted by Ruth n Kevin in 2013 Journey with Barnett's | Jul 16, 2013
- champery to martigny (via monthey, for verbier)tuesday: lovely quiet aft. at the aire yesterday. chilled out, caught up on internet (it worked!) and
generally enjoyed the spectacular views all around us.
after tea went for an explore and found the upper village, really gorgeous. looked around there
Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jul 16, 2013
- lausanne to champery (via montreux + villeneuve)monday: had a lovely walk around lac leman after our tea last night, it was the coolest we'd felt
all day, there was actually a slight breeze!
there were lots of people strolling, having bbq's, swimming, playing music etc. it Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jul 15, 2013
- divonne les bains to lausanne (via nyon)sunday: lovely quiet 'do nothing' day yesterday....just pottered around. gorgeous weather too.
had an overdue de-clutter of the van, put some stuff on a table with a 'free -helpyourself' sign,
the kids stuff we'd bought for morocco was snapped up and th Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jul 15, 2013
- LeichtensteinHi from Leichtenstein.
What an amazing contrast in one days short travel. Leaving the hustle of Zurich, finding our way to the lint Chocolate factory, and then on the motorway to Leichtenstein, where we found this quiet laid back place. Our Posted by Ruth n Kevin in 2013 Journey with Barnett's | Jul 14, 2013
- Interlaken, SwitzerlandAn hours train ride from Bern and we had reached Interlaken at the foot of the snow covered Alps. The hostel Alplodge [[http://www.alplodge.com]] was easy to find and was much better than we had expected. It was part Posted by Nick-n-Charlie in Our Honeymoon World Tour | Jul 3, 2013
- ANDERMATT 11 JULYUp the mountain, over the pass, down the mountain, Up the mountain...................and it continued all day.............UNBELIEVABLE PASSES TODAY.
Andermatt as we left this morning -
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/576870/0E02697C2219AC6817 Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2013 | Jul 11, 2013
- BELLINZONA to ANDERMATT 10 JULYWe were due for a change of scenery so decided to have a look at Lake Maggiore, just near Bellinzona, which is 70km long and extends from Switzerland into Italy.
Quite spectacular with the Swiss alps in the background.
[img=http://photos.travellers Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2013 | Jul 10, 2013
- TIEFENCASTEL to BELLINZONA (Switzerland) 9 JulyAfter yesterdays rain we were pleased to see the sun shining today.
Before leaving Tiefencastel we tried to re-fuel bikes, what a joke, 100 Frank note and a cash or card pre-pay only machine.
We couldn't get any change, so opted for Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2013 | Jul 9, 2013
- LESSON NUMBER 7As most of you know I’m a night owl and go to bed quiet late and will wake up at the very last minute. With traveling and site seeing all day I’ve been getting up early to get the Posted by Nick-n-Charlie in Our Honeymoon World Tour | Jun 28, 2013
- GARMISCH (Germany) to TIEFENCASTEL (Switzerland) 8 JulyAfter a few days at Garmisch and the BMW gathering it was good to get back on the Bikes and on the road again.
We left in glorious sunshine (again) riding toward Landeck but bypassing by using the longest tunnel yet Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2013 | Jul 8, 2013
- Auf WiedersehenMore mountain views, more hiking, more flowers and a few more cows. That was our last day in Mürren. Our hike took us through pastures of alpine flowers, cows grazing, amazing views and past a working farm where Posted by beachbuddies in Two Little Suitcases | Jul 8, 2013
- Can cows really fly in Switzerland?===1. Gėmütlick, a Swiss word meaning cozy, describes Mürren and the quaint apartment we are staying in.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/397920/4AB9000F2219AC681 Posted by beachbuddies in Two Little Suitcases | Jul 7, 2013
- I Like it in the City When Two Worlds CollideGeneva is the first city this trip that has felt like a city. I couldn't wander around Helsinki for half an hour without coming back to someplace I'd already been, Rome was just a giant museum disguised as a city, Posted by Soseki in This is Not a Pipe | Jul 7, 2013
- Jungfraujoch - Top of EuropeToday we went to Jungfraujoch, the Top of Europe, at 11 444 feet on a spectacularly clear and beautiful day. Jungfrau means young woman and the suffix joch means saddle. So we were not at the top of Posted by beachbuddies in Two Little Suitcases | Jul 6, 2013
- The Home of Toblerone "Help me. I'm poor."- Annie from Bridesmaids (and every newly graduated student who visits Switzerland)
After a 7 hour journey, including a quick sprint through a train station to catch our connecting train, we arrived in Interlaken, Switzer Posted by lsto90 in EUROnly Young Once | Jul 6, 2013
- Where the Rainfall Turns to SilverThere are a lot of cities where rain would be enough to ruin a day spent exploring it. Bern isn't one of them. Yes, the rain meant umbrellas and a harder time reading signs and menus. But for what I'd Posted by Soseki in This is Not a Pipe | Jul 6, 2013
- Lose Your Mind at the Ballet d'OrThe self-guided architectural tour ended in the rose gardens. My sister and I noticed some activity by the fountains. Activity of the people in costume and other people setting up equipment kind. When we started watching, there was one woman Posted by Soseki in This is Not a Pipe | Jul 5, 2013
- Schilthorn - Piz GloriaWords cannot describe how perfect our day was in Murrën. So I won't try. The pictures just don't capture what we saw or the awe we felt. It was a clear day so we took two cable Posted by beachbuddies in Two Little Suitcases | Jul 5, 2013
- Last day of schoolMostly the kids are happy but I suspect that Mia is very sad today.... she feels lonely and like she has no friends. Posted by JaMiKaChu in Summers here and the time is right for… | Jul 5, 2013
- Swiss Trains
It is overcast and we are on a fast train, the TGV Lyria to Basel. I got us a fantastic fare of 25 euros from Paris to Basel. We will arrive in Basel in three h Posted by beachbuddies in Two Little Suitcases | Jul 4, 2013
- Thinking of a Language That the Two of Us Can SpeakSo, when we arrive in Bern:
1. We are in time for lunch
2. We're hungry
3. We have an hour to kill before we can check into our hotel.
So we look for lunch. After dismissing a lot of restaurants, we see a Posted by Soseki in This is Not a Pipe | Jul 4, 2013