- The PolterabendNo, not a night spent hunting poltergeists, but rather a Swiss German bachelorette night! My friend Eileen is getting married at the end of August and I was invited along to her polterabend. Aside from the usual goings Posted by chinaadventurer in switzerlandbound | Oct 15, 2013
- Sankt Nikolaus Tag and Fackeling at the OT Christmas PartyDecember 6 was St Nicholas Day here in Switzerland. There was a small parade through the old town -- it was quite a sight to see about 20 St Nicks on horseback followed by about another 10 playing in a Posted by chinaadventurer in switzerlandbound | Oct 15, 2013
- JungfrauThis morning we had a little bit of a sleep in not having to be at the meeting point until 8:30. We caught the Jungfraubahn railway up to the summit of Jungfrau which is known as the 'top of Europe'. Posted by missdigney in European Adventure! | Oct 13, 2013
- Swiss AlpsWe started early this morning for a looooooong drive! We drove nine hours to Switzerland, stopping every 2-3 hours for 'comfort stops'. It actually didn't seem to take too long with the frequent breaks. As we arrived in Switzerland, it Posted by missdigney in European Adventure! | Oct 13, 2013
- Ready, set...We are officially married for almost 21 months. We threw a big party with friends and family in Brazil in April this year. Still, it is now that we finally get our chance to go on honeymoon, and after lots Posted by dindiosk in Current Destination: Amalfi Coast, Italy | Oct 10, 2013
- KonstanzTwo months earlier I was in Munich with my cousins, they encouraged me to come back for Oktoberfest. To get there from Zurich I decided to pass through the lake side Swiss-German border town of Konstanz.
Konstanz is a fun city Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Oct 9, 2013
- ZurichAfter making some awesome friends around Central America I was looking forward to meeting up with them in Europe.
Robin lives in Zurich so I added Switzerland to my places to visit list.
I flew in from Barcelona, was picked Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Oct 9, 2013
- Das Ende unserer europäischen Reise. Wir sind glücklich nachFred and I have been so thankful for the opportunity to travel in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. It has been a trip of a lifetime, new friends, new experiences, and the time to reconnect and just have fun for Posted by Horstmeyer in Horstmeyer European Vacation | Oct 8, 2013
- Lucerne, SwitzerlandLucerne/ Luzern, Switzerland
We left Murren in heavy fog. Once we took a lift down into the valley, the sky was clear and blue. We had the most beautiful train ride from Lauterbrunnen Ost to Luzern. It is know as Posted by Horstmeyer in Horstmeyer European Vacation | Oct 6, 2013
- Blumen and de TurSince we landed in Germany and Switzerland, every large and small community home is very well groomed and full of flowers. I am going to upload a few pics of my favorites because I have maybe 100.
I Posted by Horstmeyer in Horstmeyer European Vacation | Oct 5, 2013
- OPPS, booked hotel in wrong country!Booked next hotel in wrong country :)
I knew I would have to mess up somewhere as I arranged this trip on my own with no International experience. Tomorrow, Sunday we head to Lucerne, Switzerland . I thought I would double Posted by Horstmeyer in Horstmeyer European Vacation | Oct 5, 2013
- Murren and Gimmelwald
Mürren is a traditional mountain village in Bernese Oberland, Switzerland, which is unreachable by public road. This is a small village of 400 people who rely of tourism with 2000 hotel rooms available. We are here the last week of Posted by Horstmeyer in Horstmeyer European Vacation | Oct 5, 2013
- Murren, Switzerland Left Bern, Switzerland on the 9:05 train this morning. We had to transfer to 3 trains, one lift and another small train to reach the small alpine village of Murren. This small village does not allow cars except for local Posted by Horstmeyer in Horstmeyer European Vacation | Oct 3, 2013
- Out of our comfort zoneWoke up and looked out the patio door in Schwangau, Germany to see my last glimpse of Neuschwanstein castle. The clouds we so low you could not even see the mountain.
Drove 1.5 hours in Lindau, German country roads thru farming Posted by Horstmeyer in Horstmeyer European Vacation | Oct 2, 2013
- Cloudy Cable Cars 19th September 2013
We had an early start this morning - on the coach by 730am. It was pouring this morning and it is so cloudy that I didn't think I would get any great pictures of the traditional Swiss village. Posted by JenMF in J.E.D's OS Jaunt | Sep 25, 2013
- Black Forest (not the cake)Yodellayhehoooooo...... I am in Switzerland now... It has been a busy busy week with trying to finish seeing things in London then meeting the tour group on Wednesday at the inhumane hour of 5.30am (who does that on holidays... Mean!) Posted by JenneanB in A World away from Oz | Sep 13, 2013
- Chapter #16: EpilogueDear all,
I am back home, in my lovely Switzerland. I am quite confused about what has happened "lately": I am in my normal and usual reality, but it definitely feels different. There is this window in my mind that sometimes Posted by jack87jack in Spinning around | Aug 29, 2013
- James Bond Breakfast on Piz Gloria
I always found this mountain top location intriguing ...
... ever since seeing "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" Posted by LuxuryRogue in Gentleman Adventurer | Aug 6, 2013
- luzern to zurichtuesday: total rain day yesterday! we decided to stay at the site, as just no respite for p to get packed
up. lots of people left, but others came to fill their places; another sun ti, dutch, parked next to Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jul 30, 2013
- Let Sleeping Lions Lie[float=left][/float]When we determined that we would be going to Lucerne, my priority was to see the statue of the Lion of Lucerne. Ever since I saw the one modeled Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Jul 30, 2013
- Snowball Assassins[float=left][/float]We woke up early today as we were going to be spending our time in the Swiss Alps and we wanted to get as much time there as possible, especiall Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Jul 30, 2013
- Setting the Record Straight and Off to Neutral Territory[float=left][/float]With Austrian music still playing in our minds from last night, we left the Marmota Hostel in Innsbruck and began our final Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Jul 29, 2013
- willisau to luzernsunday: another aft. of doing nothing, apart from avoiding the sun!
we put the thermometer outside for a bit, to see how hot it really was, and the answer was 110 deg.!
not sure that made us feel better, or worse, but Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jul 28, 2013
- Living in SwitzerlandSince it seems we repeat the same stories to everyone, and because we have had several family and friends asking us if we are blogging, we have relented! For those of you on Facebook, on email, and linked through Posted by rucklesclough in Cloughs as Expats | Jul 27, 2013
- durrenroth to willisausaturday: didn't do much yesterday at the aire; just tried to keep cool! enjoyed the stupendous view all
around us, and it was v peaceful too.
ate tea outside, and then sat outside as long as we could (bugs!) before getting Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jul 27, 2013