- Liechtenstein thru the Fuela Pass (again) to ScuolScuol, pronounced school, is the mountain heart of the Romansch language, a Latin based 4th official language of Switzerland. The owner of our hotel, Hotel Traub, said about 50,000 people speak the language in this area even tho Posted by MarleneRHughes in Switzerland July 2015 | Jul 19, 2015
- Lucerne, SwitzerlandOn the Monday we had a restful day, walked to the local store for bread for lunch. After lunch we drove to the top of the road for a closer look at the old prison. The prison not open Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jul 19, 2015
- Gundern to Luzern to WeesenLeaving Gundern on the Gundersee , we leave the most sleepy, bucolic village yet-- driving to Lucerne for a walk over the famous wood covered bridge over the River Reuss. The entire length of the bridge has colorful Posted by MarleneRHughes in Switzerland July 2015 | Jul 17, 2015
- Switzerland's Capital City, BernGeoff braving driving on the right hand side once again and myself acting as co-pilot we headed to Bern for the day. Most of the driving was on motor ways, which makes life easier. It was also good being Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jul 16, 2015
- Small worldSo we are halfway up to Murren on the wanderweg --we meet these two American guys-turns out they are twins, in theit 30's-both are teachers in Brookfield and are hiking, biking and training it thru Switzerland-small world indeed. Posted by MarleneRHughes in Switzerland July 2015 | Jul 16, 2015
- Zurich to ObergosgenWe headed out of Zurich, got directed accross the tram tracKs by the man on points duty. It was hard to get Garmin to accept an address. Finally put in Obergosgen. It certainly brought us in a strange way Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jul 16, 2015
- ANDERMATT to THUN (SWITZERLAND) JULY 10 & 11thOh Furka "the others" are leaving us tomorrow, but not before one last assault on the Furka Pass - no photos this time, having too much fun just riding this pass in the early morning.
Over the Grimsell Pass and on Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | Jul 16, 2015
- The beautiful city of ZurichWe managed some sleep it was hot, had to shut the windows to keep the road works noise out. We bought cereal and plastic plates and ate breakfast in our room. Zurich an expensive city. One of the most expensive Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jul 15, 2015
- Manchester to ZurichWe leave Etrop grand hotel, it was quite grand the staff dressed very finely, to drop off our hire car, no scratches. It is always amazing how time flies when catching flights. By the time the car gets dropped off Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jul 14, 2015
- Gstaad to Bern to OberhofenWe were going to skip Bern until I read that it is a must see on the Aare River. It is very hot here. Hundreds of teenagers and young adults were jumping off of low bridges, the edges of Posted by MarleneRHughes in Switzerland July 2015 | Jul 14, 2015
- ANDERMATT (SWITZERLAND) JULY 8th & 9thQuite a long time ago our group were having a chat one day and came up with the idea to "do" a trip to the European Alps.
It has now happened - we have made it. Aitch designed a group Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | Jul 9, 2015
- July 2, 2015/AdjustingMy cousin will be arriving tomorrow at 1 pm. She will not stay over and I think
is coming again next week. Today we drove south toward a town called Neuders to
shop at a big market.. It was a grueling drive Posted by MarleneRHughes in Switzerland July 2015 | Jul 1, 2015
- June 30, 2015/In flight Posted by MarleneRHughes in Switzerland July 2015 | Jun 29, 2015
- July 3, 2015/Visit and Lunch w/ my cousin SylviaBefore Silvia we took a walk to a church in the village- it had a cemetery behind it which showed how families compete with each other to see who can grow the most beautiful flowers on their loved ones Posted by MarleneRHughes in Switzerland July 2015 | Jul 2, 2015
- July 3, 2015/Samnaun[img=http://pho Posted by MarleneRHughes in Switzerland July 2015 | Jul 2, 2015
- LAKE COMO (ITALY) to ANDERMATT (SWITZERLAND) JULY 7thAfter a fantastic night at our Agriturismo (farm stay style hotel) high up above Lake Como we wound our way back down the mountain and back on the road again.
No photos - unfortunately - as it was very hazy over Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | Jul 7, 2015
- Europe 2015 - SwitzerlandWe had a small taste of Switzerland, mostly by train. The first train, Bernina Express, left from Tirano, Italy and ended in Chur (pronounced Coor), Switzerland.
I found us a B&B in the vineyards outside Chur in Malans. Unfortunately, it Posted by BETHAU in Rambling Woman | Jun 22, 2015
- Basel, SwitzerlandWe departed the ship and back to just the 2 of us, with no one to tell us its time to eat, sightsee etc... having to make our own decisions again....
There is not much in Basel and almost Posted by anvic in Vicki & Julia go German | Jun 8, 2015
- Zurich, Switzerland Day One
I have arrived at Zurich's Klosten International Airport after a short 3 hour flight from Lisbon. I paid about $350.00 for the flight. The distance between the two cities is 1724.24 kilometres.
It is still early in the Posted by acrm2015 in My Dream Trip Around the World | Jun 8, 2015
- LAUTERBRUNNEN to THUN - JUNE 7thLast night after settling in for a pre-dinner drink on the balcony we were stunned with how quickly the weather changed. Huge storm came in within minutes and the mountains disappeared. Sound and light show continued for a Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | Jun 7, 2015
- LAUTERBRUNNEN - JUNE 6thOur destination today - the Jungfraujoch 3454m above seal level.
Our wake up call this morning - cows clanging their bells as they walked through the main street. The best Alarm Cl Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | Jun 6, 2015
- KONSTANZ (GERMANY) to LAUTERBRUNNEN (SWITZERLAND) - JUNE 5thNothing compares to the excitement of your first view of the Alps, especially when that is exactly where we are going.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/576870/IMG_1758__1024x68 Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | Jun 5, 2015
- Day 16 – 2 June (Tuesday)It was another sunny day – I am very thankful for this. We went for breakfast at 7.30am this morning. It was the same as yesterday and again we ate up big. After breakfast Bill and I went to see Posted by Tomheasley in Tom Andrew and Bill | Jun 3, 2015
- Day 15 – 1 June (Monday)We headed over to the Oberland Hotel at about 8.00am for our free breakfast. It was a continental breakfast – but quite substantial. We all ate up big. The only hot things were coffee/tea and boiled eggs.
After breakfast Andrew wanted Posted by Tomheasley in Tom Andrew and Bill | Jun 2, 2015
- Day 14 – 31 May (Sunday)We leave Italy today for 5 nights – 3 nights in Lauterbrunnen and 2 nights in Munich – we then return to Italy to the Dolomites for 3 nights. I have loved Italy – its scenery and its culture and Posted by Tomheasley in Tom Andrew and Bill | Jun 1, 2015