- The roof of Africa, climbing Mount KilamanjaroI stood at the snake park in Arusha with a forlorn expression on my face as my team and the truck left without me. As previously mentioned the night before we celebrated an epic journey from Livingstone to Nairobi with Posted by kayles in The Orsum Adventures | Oct 21, 2014
- Tanzania and Animal crackersOur first day in Tanzania started with a 4am start and drive over a steep pass on the way to Dar-el-salaam. The landscape is thick with vegetation, the lush green is intersected with the red soil all the way to Posted by kayles in The Orsum Adventures | Oct 17, 2014
- So far so goodWe've arrived safely at The Keys Hotel, Moshi, Tanzania.
The trek starts early on Saturday so today is a time for checking, rechecking and triple checking again our kit and packaging for the trip. We're allowed 15kg in our bags Posted by DJBen in Footsteps up Kilimanjaro | Oct 2, 2014
- Tanzania - Zanzibar[center]Jambo......time for us to relax at Zanzibar.
We flew direct from Kilimanjaro Airport to Zanzibar Airport, and with no transfer arranged we were going to use a taxi into town. Posted by Peter and Rose in Peter and Rose's Travels | Sep 29, 2014
- Tanzania - Mount Kilimanjaro[center]Jambo.....blog readers,
Here's our Mt Kilimanjaro Trek, the highest point in Africa.
After breakfast at our hotel we met up with our guides, Joel and Frank, who briefed us on the Kilimanjaro trek. We then walked to Moshi shopping area for Posted by Peter and Rose in Peter and Rose's Travels | Sep 29, 2014
- Mara River - Arusha via Lake ManyaraIt was very sad to leave the tented camp this morning, especially as all the staff came out to shake hands as we left.
Our flight is not until 10:30 this morning, so we will be doing a little game Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Sep 17, 2014
- Tanzania - Safari[center]To get to Tanzania we flew via Nairobi where we had a brief stopover. We wandered around the Nairobi terminal before being rushed to board our flight to Kilimanjaro International Airport. The rush was for no reason as we Posted by Peter and Rose in Peter and Rose's Travels | Sep 24, 2014
- Mara River Area - Day 3We found a frog in the room late last night - cute little thing. David took it outside and let it go.
I shall want to have coffee and biscuits brought me every morning when I get home – Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Sep 16, 2014
- Mara River Crossing - Day 2Another pretty sunrise this morning.
After breakfast we head off towards the river again, Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Sep 15, 2014
- Mara River Crossing - Day 1I didn't sleep all that well last night – someone upset a zebra at one point and his barking went on for ages; and in the early hours of the morning two hyenas were fighting somewhere in or near the Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Sep 14, 2014
- Changing Africa- One Village at a Time[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/55 Posted by jaytravels in The Foreigner | Sep 22, 2014
- Ndutu - through Serengeti - KogatendeA beautiful sunrise greeted us this morning, reflecting in Lake Ndutu as we left the lodge. I would have liked to spend some more time here, but we have a lot of distance to cover today as we make our Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Sep 13, 2014
- Tarangire - Ngorongoro - NdutuIt's always so hard to get the balance right on safari between wanting to maximise the time spent in the national parks game viewing, and not missing out on the facilities and delights of the lodges. We always seem to Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Sep 12, 2014
- Arusha - TarangireWith a later start this morning (Dickson is picking us up at 08:00), we had time for a leisurely breakfast at the lodge. They provided a great buffet plus a couple of chefs cooking your eggs to order, with a Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Sep 11, 2014
- Nairobi - Kilimanjaro - ArushaHaving ascertained we were leaving really early today, the guy on reception last night offered us a “packed breakfast” to take with us to the airport this morning. I am seriously impressed they were able to rustle up a pack Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Sep 10, 2014
- Back To Dar Es Salaam...Zanzibar - back in Stone Town Again
Breakfast at 7:30, packed and ready to go we meet our group in the reception area at 9 AM.
Back on the bus and we head back to Stone Town. Once there we have about Posted by Kelly Rose in Here, There and Everywhere | Sep 6, 2014
- The Beaches of Zanzibar...(Hope you like pictures of fish.)The ride takes about an hour and when we arrive we all concur that the trip was worth it!
So in our trip notes it states that we are to be staying in bungalows which on a basic trip Posted by Kelly Rose in Here, There and Everywhere | Sep 1, 2014
- Stone Town and Garden Spice TourZanzibar - Stone Town
Rested and hopeful for more relaxing times we wake and Sam drives us to the Ferry Station. In full "herd style" we follow like cattle and load onto the first ferry.
[ Posted by Kelly Rose in Here, There and Everywhere | Aug 31, 2014
- Marangu and Dar Es Salam (the first time)Dar es Salam
We left Mto Wa Mbu after lunch and drove to this really pretty quaint hotel in Marangu. Sometimes you get a real nice view of Mt Kilimanjaro from there but it was cloudy by late afternoon when we Posted by Kelly Rose in Here, There and Everywhere | Aug 29, 2014
- Mto Wa Mbu Mto Wa Mbu village walk and local lunch!
We returned to our campground in Mto Wa Mbu for some nice down time. Hot showers, cold beers, red wine and pool time. After another wonderful dinner they had live music and Posted by Kelly Rose in Here, There and Everywhere | Aug 29, 2014
- Tanzanian Road TestI have been in Arusha for over two months while waiting for my fractured right arm to heal sufficiently to continue my RTW. I had reduced my plans, but still hoped to see Nepal, SE Asia, Indonesia and volunteer Posted by jaytravels in The Foreigner | Jun 29, 2014
- Ngoragora Crater and the Serengeti *****Hey guys so we had such sporadic and iffy wifi in Africa that we were not able to keep up with our blog but we are home now with pictures and notes from Thom's hand written journal along the way Posted by Kelly Rose in Here, There and Everywhere | Aug 28, 2014
- Zanzibar Zing Zanzibar was supposed to be the highlight of our round trip through Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania. It was our second attempt to get there, as last year we did not manage. The more we Posted by Freedomlane in East Africa | Aug 16, 2014
- Serengeti Leopards
Didnt manage to complete my Big 5 Mission in South Africa last year! Only managed to see a dead Leopard in Botswana!
This time, we managed to catch 2 Leopards on a same day (separate Posted by keithyuenck in KEXplorer - My World Trotting Journey | Aug 14, 2014
- Sleepyheads in Ngorongoro National Park
A siesta is the way to accomplish longer distance and great tasks!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoin Posted by keithyuenck in KEXplorer - My World Trotting Journey | Aug 14, 2014