- Back To Dar Es Salaam...Zanzibar - back in Stone Town Again
Breakfast at 7:30, packed and ready to go we meet our group in the reception area at 9 AM.
Back on the bus and we head back to Stone Town. Once there we have about Posted by Kelly Rose in Here, There and Everywhere | Sep 6, 2014
- The Beaches of Zanzibar...(Hope you like pictures of fish.)The ride takes about an hour and when we arrive we all concur that the trip was worth it!
So in our trip notes it states that we are to be staying in bungalows which on a basic trip Posted by Kelly Rose in Here, There and Everywhere | Sep 1, 2014
- Stone Town and Garden Spice TourZanzibar - Stone Town
Rested and hopeful for more relaxing times we wake and Sam drives us to the Ferry Station. In full "herd style" we follow like cattle and load onto the first ferry.
[ Posted by Kelly Rose in Here, There and Everywhere | Aug 31, 2014
- Marangu and Dar Es Salam (the first time)Dar es Salam
We left Mto Wa Mbu after lunch and drove to this really pretty quaint hotel in Marangu. Sometimes you get a real nice view of Mt Kilimanjaro from there but it was cloudy by late afternoon when we Posted by Kelly Rose in Here, There and Everywhere | Aug 29, 2014
- Mto Wa Mbu Mto Wa Mbu village walk and local lunch!
We returned to our campground in Mto Wa Mbu for some nice down time. Hot showers, cold beers, red wine and pool time. After another wonderful dinner they had live music and Posted by Kelly Rose in Here, There and Everywhere | Aug 29, 2014
- Tanzanian Road TestI have been in Arusha for over two months while waiting for my fractured right arm to heal sufficiently to continue my RTW. I had reduced my plans, but still hoped to see Nepal, SE Asia, Indonesia and volunteer Posted by jaytravels in The Foreigner | Jun 29, 2014
- Ngoragora Crater and the Serengeti *****Hey guys so we had such sporadic and iffy wifi in Africa that we were not able to keep up with our blog but we are home now with pictures and notes from Thom's hand written journal along the way Posted by Kelly Rose in Here, There and Everywhere | Aug 28, 2014
- Zanzibar Zing Zanzibar was supposed to be the highlight of our round trip through Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania. It was our second attempt to get there, as last year we did not manage. The more we Posted by Freedomlane in East Africa | Aug 16, 2014
- Serengeti Leopards
Didnt manage to complete my Big 5 Mission in South Africa last year! Only managed to see a dead Leopard in Botswana!
This time, we managed to catch 2 Leopards on a same day (separate Posted by keithyuenck in KEXplorer - My World Trotting Journey | Aug 14, 2014
- Sleepyheads in Ngorongoro National Park
A siesta is the way to accomplish longer distance and great tasks!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoin Posted by keithyuenck in KEXplorer - My World Trotting Journey | Aug 14, 2014
- Vegetarian in Tanzania
A lot of questions on my meals for East Africa trip! Gotta say we hired GREAT driver/guide who knows his stuff in Africa Safari animals, road and safety + we also had a GREAT COOK Abraham Posted by keithyuenck in KEXplorer - My World Trotting Journey | Aug 14, 2014
- Changing times; changing stories.When I first arrived (and indeed, still now) I was having some serious doubts regarding NGO’s; whether they help or hinder, and whether my being here, along with many other western volunteers, was negatively impacting the surrounding area. I still Posted by Jocelynn.R in to Africa we go.... | Aug 3, 2014
- Back on the (RTW) Road Again!This is an e-postcard sent to family and friends on July 15th from Arusha, Tanzania
Well, in just a few days I'll be leaving Kilimanjaro and heading for the Himalayas. I have a ticket from Kilimanjaro airport to Kathmandu, Nepal. So Posted by jaytravels in The Foreigner | Jul 14, 2014
- Nairobi to ArushaNairobi to Arusha
Side note: There aren't going to be too many pictures in this post as I was barely awake for the past day or so and figured I would get plenty of pictures of the road at a later Posted by Kelly Rose in Here, There and Everywhere | Jul 20, 2014
- Last postWell the trip comes to an today. We are visiting a coca cola factory then visiting a school then heading to the airport. Yesterday we met with the second most powerful man in the country, their Joe Biden. Posted by raysters in Tanzania | Jul 16, 2014
- ZanzibarToday we took a ferry to the nearby island of Zanzibar, a two hour ride. We were booked in First class with lavish seating and chairs, but I preferred to see and absorb the atmosphere and all that it Posted by raysters in Tanzania | Jul 15, 2014
- Meeting a government officialToday we changed our plans due to the government offices wanting to meet with us today instead of Wednesday. Half the day was spent working around that until it was decided to meet at 4:00 with the Minister of Posted by raysters in Tanzania | Jul 15, 2014
- Bagamoyo and ruinsSunday, July 13
Today was our first day in Dar. Our professor in charge of this trip is a Catholic priest and invited us all to mass at 7:00. I knew I would never make my church so I Posted by raysters in Tanzania | Jul 13, 2014
- New CityI am so sorry I haven't posted anything. We were in a very rural town with very bad internet. We got a taste of rural life in Tanzania and Africa. Situ actions are almost as bad as you Posted by raysters in Tanzania | Jul 12, 2014
- ZanzibarNär jag skriver detta sitter jag och spejar ut över ett soligt men blåsigt hav vid Zanzibars nordöstra kust. Jag har lyckats dra på mig en förkylning så en varm choklad står vid min sida och en vacker man läser Posted by JennyoMartin in Vårt Afrika 2014 | Jul 12, 2014
- Safety is in Community, Not in FearThe below was written, and then life changed - as it always does, though arguably more rapidly and dramatically here it feels. A bit of an EDIT therefore (and I've edited the below slightly as well)....I’m still here, in Tanzania, Posted by Jocelynn.R in to Africa we go.... | Jul 10, 2014
- Day 1 - Arrival to Arusha, TanzaniaI finally made it here! First, it is crazy because the internet is everywhere here, but no one can connect. I can't download my photos. I am not sure how many posts I can get in this first week Posted by raysters in Tanzania | Jul 7, 2014
- My heart still aches. Life, and death.In retelling stories from this past weekend, tears are coming to my face. The goat; I watched give its life. And maybe give isn’t the right word, for give implies choice, and the goat seemed not to have a say. Posted by Jocelynn.R in to Africa we go.... | Jun 2, 2014
- TanzaniaSome Tanzania photos. We spent the first few days on safari in the Serengeti and the Ngorongoro crater which was amazing. We were lucky with the weather as it was the rainy season in Tanzania but it had stopped raining Posted by Ethiopia 2014 in Life In Ethiopia | Jun 1, 2014
- I Move to a New Garden Apartment[center][/center]
===A pictorial tour of my new Garden Apartment...===
I had to change apartments and I did not like the one available where I had been living, so I looked at s Posted by jaytravels in The Foreigner | May 20, 2014