- Tanzania Day 10: One, if By Land, and Two, if By "Sea"Morning game drives at Selous Impala Camp began at either 6:30a with breakfast in the bush or 8:30a with breakfast beforehand at camp. Both returned around noon for lunch. We opted for the earlier drives. Normally, guests might have to Posted by deniseandmike in Denise & Mike's Narcissistic Travel Blog | Apr 17, 2014
- Day 10. Tanzania- GrummetiJust as was the case for Klein's for our first night we had the camp to ourselves. The camps only take maximum 20 people but they feel that much more special when the only people walking around this gorgeous place Posted by Jmclellan in We Live in Africa | Apr 7, 2014
- Day 9. Tanzania- Klein's & Arrival at Grummeti CampToday we had decided to do a walking safari- a short one since we had a flight to catch mid morning and and hour drive to the airstrip. Mom, Don and I walked up to the hill crest behind the Posted by Jmclellan in We Live in Africa | Apr 4, 2014
- Day 8. Tanzania- Klein's and drive to the Maasai Mara RiverWalking down to breakfast Don spotted a baby impala and her mother grazing a meter off the path. The baby seemed a bit startled but the mother was too busy eating to bother with us. We watched the pair throughout Posted by Jmclellan in We Live in Africa | Apr 4, 2014
- Day 7. Tanzania- Klein's Camp Northern SerengetiI woke up terribly excited. We were treated with fresh coffee and biscuits delivered to our cabin, which does help you get yourself organized for the morning drive. We saw al sorts of animals- tons of buffalo, impala, dikdiks, giraffe, Posted by Jmclellan in We Live in Africa | Apr 2, 2014
- Day 6. Tanzania- Arrival at Klein's Private Concession Once our trip with &Beyond started we were on small planes with local carriers. We flew over Lake Victoria, the biggest African lake and our Tanzanian border entry point was Mwanza, where we purchased our Visas on arrival. I should Posted by Jmclellan in We Live in Africa | Apr 1, 2014
- Family time in Zanzibar & Mombasa!===ZANZIBAR BABY!===
And so after experiencing the full on camping and safari tour throughout Africa we finally got to finish it off in a paradise called Zanzibar! Not only did we get the chance to sleep in nice beds (instead of Posted by Ebadis.AAAtrip in M&S AAA trip! | Mar 30, 2014
- An Introduction to Kiswahili and the Gauni[center][/center]
(How's it going?)
You respond with "Poa" which means"Cool!"
===What is Kiswahili?===
Kiswahili is the language that was developed to be the sh Posted by jaytravels in The Foreigner | Mar 20, 2014
- Blog About THIS Blog and Blogging[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/556630/boots.jpg thumb=http:/ Posted by jaytravels in The Foreigner | Mar 26, 2014
- My RTW- A Review of the First Year
I just had my one year anniversary of being on the road, so it seems a good time to take a moment and reflect.
===Countries, Continents, and Sites===
I h Posted by jaytravels in The Foreigner | Feb 28, 2014
- Safari Postcards from Tanzania
Where? East Africa
What Country? Tanganyika + Zanzibar = Tanzania
How do you say it? TahnZAHNya (not TanzaNEEyah)
What do they speak? Njararibu kusoma kisw Posted by jaytravels in The Foreigner | Mar 3, 2014
- Getting settled and making sense of thingsI just want to give the preamble that my words will absolutely not do any of this true experience justice, but so it is….
It’s Sunday evening now (actually I'm posting this on what is now almost a week later, but Posted by Jocelynn.R in to Africa we go.... | Mar 22, 2014
- Zanzibar: Post Kili/Safari RespiteSuch were the conditions we faced on the South East of Zanzibar:
Crystal clear waters combined with tides that wouldn't cooperate.
Alluring warm water with Posted by Equatorials in 40 K Miles, 6 Months | Mar 1, 2014
- Menagerie Wide OpenAfter 7 days of trekking a huge mountain we found ourselves doing just the opposite: sitting for days, with a little standing thrown in. So much for torching calories on Kili!
Here's the view from our wheels.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com Posted by Equatorials in 40 K Miles, 6 Months | Mar 1, 2014
- Putting in an Honest Weeks WorkAshley and I finally put in a 40 hr week on this trip. Instead of our normal lazing about seeing different old buildings or sandy beaches, we had to hike for 40 hrs over 7 days to get to the Posted by Scatman in 40 K Miles, 6 Months | Feb 21, 2014
- Final Day in Tanzania
A few extra tourist hours were stolen today since our flight doesn't leave until 2150. Monica asked if the Climb Kili driver would take us to town. Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Feb 5, 2014
- Day 8: Mweka Camp to Finish
We asked to wake up at 0700 but I think all of us were up by 0630 anyway so we had breakfast at the normal time and said goodbye to our tents. Even the porters Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Feb 4, 2014
- Day 7: Baraful to SUMMIT to Mweka Camp
What a horrible day! Our kike to the summit started yesterday at 11:30 in the evening. The hike is down this way so that you will hit the summit Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Feb 3, 2014
- Day 6: Karanga Camp to Barafu Camp
Today the egg triangles have peppers and onions! I think everyone is more tired today as we set off uphill again. The route is kind of ugly and short, Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Feb 2, 2014
- Day 5: Barranco to Karanga CampSuperbowl Sunday! Instead of watching Denver and Seattle we hiked for 4 hours. Down in to Barranco Valley and then up, up, up the Barranco Wall was our first feat for the day. This was literally climbing Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Feb 2, 2014
- Day 4: Moir Camp to Barranco CampScrambled eggs instead of egg triangles this morning was the only difference compared to yesterday. We spend the day hiking 4 hours and 15 minutes and make it to the alpine dessert. There was a lot of climbing Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Feb 1, 2014
- Day 3 Shira Camp to Moir Camp
Routine is starting to set in, we have tea, water for washing, breakfast and set off on the trail. Today is mostly flat with a few rocky areas for 4 h Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Jan 31, 2014
- Day 2 Mti Mkubwa to Shira CampGruel (porridge), eggs, and sausage for breakfast to fuel our hiking start at 0815. We spent one hour going through the rain forest and then on to the Heath and moorland zone. The route started to get VERY Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Jan 30, 2014
- Starting the trek to Mt. Kilimanjaro
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/175163/9 Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Jan 29, 2014
- Ngorongoro Crater
Breakfast this morning is overlooking the Ngorongoro Crater - beautiful! It was a surprisingly long and bumpy ride down in to the crater through a jungle Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Jan 27, 2014