- Time Flies - Bird's Don't
Well well well, It's now been 2 whole months since I last wrote a blog. The fact of the matter is of course, that life has returned to normality, albeit in a different country Posted by Ben23 in Pattaya, Thailand | Jul 26, 2014
- Two weeks to go!The two week countdown officially begins today; though my experiences here have far exceeded my expectations, I must say that it will be amazing to be on US soil once again. Nevertheless, I am focusing on enjoying my last Posted by eardeljan in Thailand Traversal | Jul 26, 2014
- Street food, temples and ping pongs coming out of her what?!A week in Bangkok left us scratching our heads a bit. It's becoming increasingly difficult to distinguish between the cultural, historical, and culinary dynamism that is the 'real' Thailand, and the exotic playground for foreigners that we are continuousl Posted by AbbyAndMike in Wandering Dreamers | Jul 16, 2014
- 21st July 2014So, today was a LOT of swimming!
As I've often said, I was a mermaid in a previous life, so to me this was absolute heaven.
We went out on the boat and ended up stopping four times- each time getting better Posted by emmaabroad in Thailand | Jul 21, 2014
- 20th July 2014Okay, so I finally worked out how to create the next blog in our journey - complicated!
So we are here in the AMAZING Thailand and it is so beautiful it seems unreal.
I realised my last few posts in Yorkshire we Posted by emmaabroad in Thailand | Jul 20, 2014
- Hill Tribes and SukhothaiMy apologies (mom) for not keeping my blog updated, but I've been having a wonderfully busy past two weeks here and doing my best to absorb all of it in. Two weekends ago, I was awed by my trip to Posted by eardeljan in Thailand Traversal | Jul 18, 2014
- The Night BazaarA fellow guest at the City Home Guest House described Chiang Rai as more liveable than visitable. A bit harsh I thought - I enjoyed the night I had there.
There’s a cool Night Bazaar centred around a large courtyard-style open Posted by grasshopper in Singapore to London Overland | Jul 13, 2014
- On the Cutting Edge of RelaxationOne of my brother’s favourite phrases for his days off work in Chiang Mai. Last Sunday we drove out to Chiang Dao, then off the main road to a laid-back resort called “The Nest” for a coffee. Looked like a Posted by grasshopper in Singapore to London Overland | Jul 13, 2014
- Hot! Damn Hot!!!There's a silly combo on this blog for me to select the temperature.
I arrived in Chiang Mai in, officially, the Rainy Season. Except it wasn't raining. So in other words, HOT. I know there are other places hotter than the Posted by grasshopper in Singapore to London Overland | Jul 10, 2014
- Finding a sense of purpose 100 feet in the air
Ocean breezes, soft sand, limestone cliffs looming in every direction - there are dozens of little paradise islands in southern Thailand. The one we've found and fallen in love Posted by AbbyAndMike in Wandering Dreamers | Jul 7, 2014
- Medical TouristJust before I came to Chiang Mai 2 years ago, I chipped my tooth. I simply had no time to see a dentist before I left. So I saw one in Chiang Mai. About $NZ15 later, the chip was filled.
So Posted by grasshopper in Singapore to London Overland | Jul 10, 2014
- One Day in Bangkok
I have a fond memory of Bangkok train station. The last time I was there (Long long ago) I caught a bus to the station to get my train south, I thought in plenty of time. However I didn't allo Posted by grasshopper in Singapore to London Overland | Jul 10, 2014
- Phuket, ThailandPhuket was decimated by a tsunami in 2004 although there is little evidence of it now. We took an all day tour to Phang Nga bay which is known for its karst rock formations.
[center][/c Posted by Culinerrion in Bangkok to Dubai - 2014 | Apr 14, 2014
- Northern ThailandOk I'm back and doubt I'll ever hear the end of my need of blogging assistance from Greg who's busy planning the next stage of our trip (read: shopping online for a restored Vespa he could ship to Cayman from Posted by gregandissy in There and back again | Jul 8, 2014
- Regent Seven Seas VoyagerAfter a 45 minute flight from Cambodia and arrived in Bangkok in the late morning. We went by bus to the port which was about two hours away. We were fortunate that our bus opted out of the Posted by Culinerrion in Bangkok to Dubai - 2014 | Apr 10, 2014
- Back to BangkokBella and I both had to go back to Bangkok as she was flying to Bali and I was flying to Ho Chi Minh in Vietnam. We got the sleeper train over there and this time in our section we Posted by amcara91 in Alice and Will - Around the World | Jul 7, 2014
- En Route22 hours in transit is not too terrible when you cash in 360,000 Delta points to fly business class.
We had seats in the upper deck which felt much like a private lou Posted by Culinerrion in Bangkok to Dubai - 2014 | Apr 3, 2014
- Bangkok We hardly slept after arriving at the hotel at 1am or so. At 6am we decided to just get up, eat, sightsee and nap later. The Sky Train was just outside of our hotel. It was Posted by Culinerrion in Bangkok to Dubai - 2014 | Apr 5, 2014
- Jungle Trek, Northern ThailandI decided to do a 3 day jungle trek as heaps of people had recommended it to me. Bella went off to do the Golden Triangle the morning I got picked up. We drove for about 2 hours stopping off Posted by amcara91 in Alice and Will - Around the World | Jul 3, 2014
- Don't worry, eat curryFinally finding time to update the blog, while waiting for my flight to Cambodia.
I took a bus from Nang Rong together with Sean, which made me feel a little less insecure. The ride back to Bangkok took 5,5 hours and Posted by Augensternchen in Verena's Big Trip | Jul 3, 2014
- Phi Phi ParadiseOur boat to Phi Phi Island had free tea, coffee and cakes which was a treat! We made the most of them on our 2 hr journey. Then we had a hard walk along the beach with our backpacks for Posted by amcara91 in Alice and Will - Around the World | Jul 2, 2014
- Chilling In Chiang MaiIt is so nice to be back in Chiang Mai after busy Bangkok. The pace is a lot slower and more chilled out. Bellas Uncle used to live here so she's always been interested in it as well. I decided Posted by amcara91 in Alice and Will - Around the World | Jul 2, 2014
- Phi Ta Khon Festival - ผีตาโขน
The Phi Ta Khon Festival (ผีตาโขน) is an old festival and is called the 'The Ghost Festival' that takes place in the Northwestern Province of Loei and the community of Dansai - about 450 Kilom Posted by timinphuket in TiminPhuket - things to do | Jul 2, 2014
- I'M ALIVEFor those of you that didn't hear, I had myself a little hospital scare here in Thailand. What I feared would be some obscure Thai disease turned out to be just a bacterial infection--where or from what I could not Posted by eardeljan in Thailand Traversal | Jul 1, 2014
- The Adventure ContinuesIn the morning daddy and I had a swim before breakfast. For breakfast I had waffles, pancakes, bacon, fruit and chocolate croissants. They were soooo yummy, I could have eaten 102!! Then we went into the pool Posted by ellajade in Ella's Adventures | Jun 30, 2014