- One last postThis will be my last post for this blog. Three months have passed since I started this trip and I must say that it's been quite an experience. We came back from Vietnam last evening and today has consisted of Posted by balloonimal in Touring the land of the white elephant | May 23, 2013
- Are we there yet?Bangkok is lovely. Always promising one thing and delivering something else.
A joyous 19 hours later we have finally reached the island of Koh Phangan (pronounced Ko-pan-young, really really fast). The journey was supposed to be one AC bus and Posted by desiallstar in Adventures of a Vijilante | May 23, 2013
- ThailandStop number 4....
We got to Phuket later on in the evening so did not do much that first day. Went for a bit of a walk and did a bit of exploring then had tea. On the way back we Posted by LaurenF3 in My Journey Around The World | May 22, 2013
- Mae Hong SonWe left Chiang Mai a few days ago for the three hour mini bus ride to Pai. Rumors that Pai is the Khao San Road of the north are true. Although much smaller, the place was packed with young Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | May 22, 2013
- Last Days in Vientiane and back to SafariOur last two days in Vientiane were more or less the same as the first two. We had to pick up our Thai visa, which thankfully was an easier process than applying for it, but this was not until after Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | May 21, 2013
- Taking extremes to an exteme.Boom Boom Boom, this is Mr. Shah (for now?) checking in.
After feeling nostalgic about my time traveling in Ghana and India I realized early last year that I needed to go somewhere again. I didn't know where but I Posted by 21pshah in Adventures of a Vijilante | May 21, 2013
- Boom BoomThe Tuk Tuk driver. The fun, breeze filled, authentic Thai experience that's an alternative to an Air Conditioned Taxi. Thailand's equivilant to a rickshaw, but the vehicle is about the only thing that is the same.
Bangkok has created the Posted by desiallstar in Adventures of a Vijilante | May 20, 2013
- Photo Blast!Learned how to add photos! Check over on the right for the latest and greatest--> Posted by desiallstar in Adventures of a Vijilante | May 20, 2013
- On the flyGood afternoon! I have absolutely no idea what the time is there in Toronto as we've missed about 2 days worth of nights, moving from city to city. Henceforth, my ability to tell you the time and day of the Posted by desiallstar in Adventures of a Vijilante | May 19, 2013
- Nong KhaiWe are now more and more aclimatized with the new culture and the weather is easing off. To our surprise we welcome thunders with open arms! We needed some relax and watching sunsets and having some introduction to the wildlife Posted by joxa in j&x travels | May 18, 2013
- Elephant Nature Park Volunteering
We have been living in an elephant sanctuary. We wake to their trumpeting, feed them bananas. play with them in the river, and watch t Posted by annevl in The Journey is the Reward | May 18, 2013
- Chiang Mai ContinuedWe have kept quite busy in Chiang Mai. Each of us did a day long course. I chose to do a Thai cooking class on an organic farm outside of town. It was quite professional. Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | May 18, 2013
- ThialandYet again - more traveling! We got a bus to Krabi where we had a three hour wait. Then a taxi to the port and a ferry over to Ko Phi Phi.
First impressions of the island - so cool! Posted by LaurenF3 in My Journey Around The World | May 18, 2013
- Day XXVI - XXVII: Krung Thep Maha NakhonChecking into a hotel at 7am messes with the mind a little, especially if you go to sleep as soon as you arrive. When I woke up from a few hours in bed I firmly believed it was Monday, and Posted by WorldWideWill in Will's Worldwide Wandering | May 17, 2013
- Friday Photo - Elephant Love
[[http://elephantnaturepark.org/m/herd/navann.htm|Navaan]] is one of the newest baby elephants at the [[http://elephantnaturepark.org/index.htm|Elephant Nature Park]], and he is very inq Posted by noahv in The Journey is the Reward | May 16, 2013
- Quick updateYesterday I had my last school related presentation until I have to do my final thesis presentation, which will happen in the distant future. It went well and the afternoon was spent by the pool and playing some volleyball. Had Posted by balloonimal in Touring the land of the white elephant | May 16, 2013
- Chiang MaiView from my terrace at Chiang Mai Apartments, overlooking Doi Sup Mountain and monastery.
We arrived in Chiang Mai two days ago. A bit of hassle getting from Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | May 15, 2013
- Day XXV: All Roads Lead to BangkokLet me tell you something about Thai roads. There are only two rules: drive on the left and don't hit anything. Ok, it's really just the second rule. Out here you can go anywhere, anyhow and at any speed, and Posted by WorldWideWill in Will's Worldwide Wandering | May 15, 2013
- ThailandStop number two - Kao Sok.
When we finally arrived here after waiting around the majority of the day it was dark and raining (it is the wettest part of Thailand!). We didn't have anywhere booked and just asked our taxi Posted by LaurenF3 in My Journey Around The World | May 14, 2013
- Late evening snackHad our second to last presentation here in Thailand today, went quite well I guess even though it probably would've been better if the subject would've been more interesting. Marketing/coming up with a soap for the Asian market isn't my Posted by balloonimal in Touring the land of the white elephant | May 14, 2013
- Thailand Part 2 (Chiang Mai) temples in Chiang Mai
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/5 Posted by goodbyespaceman in Farewell Spaceman | May 13, 2013
- Thailand Part 1 (Phuket) Beautiful beaches of Phuket
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/53 Posted by goodbyespaceman in Farewell Spaceman | May 13, 2013
- Back to Bangkok2/3--New Siam Guesthouse. This place never changes. Khao San Road will forever be locked in the 60's with a constant parade of foreigners from all over. Interestingly we have heard the Chinese now make up 13% of all Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | May 13, 2013
As much as I was excited to get there, the journey was a huge blag. We had to get a lift to the Chester train station, get to train to London Euston, the underground to London Heathrow, a flight Posted by LaurenF3 in My Journey Around The World | May 13, 2013
- Not many days left nowNot even two weeks left now of my adventures down here in southeast Asia. This doesn't mean though that we still don't have loads to do until we receive some well earned days off before our departure back home. We Posted by balloonimal in Touring the land of the white elephant | May 13, 2013