- Travel sketch book pages[img=h Posted by TravelinTales in TravelinTales | Dec 4, 2013
- PaiLet me just say, the 3 hour ride up to Pai was harrowing. The bus company aYa services, are utter shite. The driver almost flipped the bus in the first 10 minutes and it was just terrifying from then on. Posted by TravelinTales in TravelinTales | Dec 3, 2013
- Chiang MaiAfter the LONGNESS of the taxi driver taking us to the Wrong hotel and then leaving us in the middle of the town during a carnival we eventually made it to our hotel which was just outside the walls of Posted by TravelinTales in TravelinTales | Dec 3, 2013
- Open House WeekWow! What a busy week that was for the students! The whole EP (English Programme) of Saimit were practising for their annual Open House, i.e. putting on a show for their parents and the school Director. All grades (K1-G8) practised Posted by bethcairns in Mai Pen Rai | Dec 3, 2013
- No Luck in BangkokWell with whatever weight I lost in China due to miscommunication I've made up for in my first few days in Thailand. I could eat non stop! The Pad Thai is so yummy! We've also discovered Posted by Octobrianna in Can We Cope Man? | Dec 2, 2013
- Si Racha/Koh Si ChangMy lack of entries over the last week or so has been a result of a very very busy school week filled with activities and after school things...all to do with Open House, i.e. when the students in all Grades Posted by bethcairns in Mai Pen Rai | Dec 1, 2013
- what a long dayHi everyone, we made it! Thankfully the stopover in Kuala Lumpur was not jam packed so we found a sports bar - nice ! Sat and had a couple of beers- as you do and had a great Posted by Sweeting6 in A Taste of Aisa | Nov 30, 2013
- The Mekong [s]low down Riding on a motorbikes scares the hell out me. Bray’s not a fan either, especially after he badly injured his arm falling off one in Honduras last year. So, as our scooter zoomed through the Thai countryside, me holding onto Posted by elyshahickey in Wanderlysh | Nov 30, 2013
- Krabi TownWe spent a day relaxing and getting our bearings in the town before we had planned on touring around the area. Mother Nature decided that she would dampen our trip for the first time and sent a little rain Posted by EastWest-Sweets in Team Sweets Asian Adventure!! | Nov 28, 2013
- Chiang Mai, Oh my! The city of Chiang Mai is a bit like a steaming bowl of pad thai; a lot going on, exotic but perfectly suited to westerners. We arrived in the northern Thailand city after an overnight bus from Bangkok. Our timing Posted by elyshahickey in Wanderlysh | Nov 28, 2013
- Phuket - PatongAfter a 16 hour long sleeper train ride which featured a plethora of cockroaches all up in my cot (you think you're prepared for bugs but you are not) we finally arrived in Phuket. I got about three hours of Posted by brizzo384 in Rizzo's Interracial Race Across Asia | Nov 28, 2013
- Jet lagIt's four in the morning, Bangkok time. Midnight in Cape Town I think.
It was a very sad farewell. It really is a beautiful town, and I have hardly seen anything of it. Must come back soon.
The last week Posted by lembas in Before 30 | Nov 26, 2013
- Beach Bumming!
We're checking in today, this time from Ao Nang, a transit stop along the Andaman coast, waiting to catch a bus to an inland National Park called Khao Sok. Time has been rea Posted by Seth.Bader in Discovering Your Personal Legend | Nov 26, 2013
- För er oroliga - Für euch, die sich sorgen.Hallo där!
Nu är vi i Bangkok och som ni kanske vet sa pagar det en massa demonstrationer här. Kan dock meddela till er som är oroliga att vi befinner oss i en annan del av Bangkok och märker knappt av Posted by Eribel in Asia | Nov 25, 2013
- White Sands of Ko LantaHey Friends,
This is long overdue, more on that below...
After our time in BK we hopped another plane to the South of Thailand into Krabi airport and then by taxi 2 hrs south of there and across a couple of small Posted by EastWest-Sweets in Team Sweets Asian Adventure!! | Nov 25, 2013
- We have had (4) Days in Bangkok without TyphoidIt has been four days now in Bangkok and I must say it's been a little tough at times but I'm having a lot of fun. The food here is AMAZING. And it's incredibly cheap. Your average meal is 40-50 Posted by brizzo384 in Rizzo's Interracial Race Across Asia | Nov 24, 2013
- 'Antie's Thailand in a Nutshell'Seeing as we have a whole lot of time on our hands (sometimes methinks too much, we have started googling some whack stuff like... what was the name of that 80's programme presented by Dr Miriam Stoppard with the Jean Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Nov 23, 2013
- Koh KoodHallo Alle!
Wir sind noch auf der Insel Koh Kood. Wir sind im Paradise! Traumhafte Strände und gutes Essen. Isabel ist jetzt ein … Trommelwirbel… Taucherin! Sie kann jetzt tauchen bis zu 18m in der ganzen Welt. Sie hat einen Kurs Posted by Eribel in Asia | Nov 23, 2013
- Koh KoodHej.
Dagen innan vi kom hit undrade vi om Isabel kanska ville göra hennes Open Water PADI här. Da det finns tre dykskolor pa KohKood bestämmde vi oss för att kolla pa dem. När vi var hos den första, som heter Posted by Eribel in Asia | Nov 23, 2013
- Koh Lipe - paradise found (with a few small buts)We arrived mid afternoon, docking into a crescent shaped white sandy beach and crystal clear turquoise waters. Nice welcome Koh Lipe! It pretty much impressed from the off.
We had to Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Nov 22, 2013
- Colours of Chiang Mai Bike TourOne of the best trips that Abi and I went on in Chiang Mai was our bike adventure through the southern parts of the city. We had picked up a leaflet on cycle tours in Bangkok but thought Chiang Mai Posted by triks.and.digs in A trail through two cities | Nov 21, 2013
- Bangkok and Hua HinAfter flying out of Bhutan, we had a couple of nights in Bangkok. Due to the fact that Paro's airport is purely visual and doesn't have a control tower we had to have a grace period before the groups flight Posted by isabellepurcell in isabelle vs the world | Nov 21, 2013
- Ao Nang, ThailandThe night train from Bangkok was actually really nice. We were in a second class sleeper cabin which is basically just a normal train carriage until about 21:00, when they come along and convert the seats into the bottom Posted by Nick-n-Charlie in Our Honeymoon World Tour | Nov 11, 2013
- Bangkok, ThailandFor once VIP actually meant it! On so many of our previous "VIP Buses" through South East Asia there has been nothing remotely VIP about them - many of them being Chinese hand-me downs. Our coach from Chiang Posted by Nick-n-Charlie in Our Honeymoon World Tour | Nov 6, 2013
- The cockroach approach"Thoughts become things so choose the good ones!"
So it happened. Even though I knew this moment would come, I somehow hoped I would be spared. Last night while in the bathroom I saw him...my first Thai cockroach. He popped Posted by inbetweendreams in In Between Dreams | Nov 19, 2013