- Chiang Mai and a little bit of Bangkok
So, we arrived in Chiang Mai at around 5:30am on 25th of March. The coach to get there took just over 10 hours and It isn't the smoothest journey, which means barely any sleep, if an Posted by Millypaulrtw in Dream Come True | Apr 22, 2017
- Feeling at homeAfter a couple of days in Bangkok, we even cut down further on our activities. We would be busy again before too long and had no intention of stressing ourselves with too much sightseeing.
At the pool, we did overhear Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Apr 13, 2017
- Rooftop barsArriving at Bandkok’s old Don Muang airport, we were surprised how long it took us to get through immigration. After all, we did not need a visa, apart from not having to pay any money to be allowed to enter Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Apr 11, 2017
- Thai #2So... I returned to Thailand for round 2 starting in Chiang Mai. After the unexpected difficulties encountered in Laos, I decided to console myself by starting with my #1 anticipated activity in Asia... Elephant sanctuary!! OMG. AMAZING. My love for Posted by elliehirch in Travel, She Wrote | Apr 10, 2017
- Jet Lag and the 2nd Day Slump...==03-06 April 2017==
I'd really forgotten how jet lag can affect one's general well being...
We left Tucson at 0500 embarking on a long trip that ended in Bangkok - Tucson to San Francisco to Tokyo and on to Bangkok...arriving just about Posted by pjburke in It's the Journey....not the Destination | Apr 9, 2017
- auf los gehts los...heute mitwoch, 5. april gehts los - mittag ist abfahrt ins goldene dreieck mit dem vollbeladenen velo - goi hat sagenhafte 6 kg gepackt und meine wenigkeit nur knappe 20 kg....warme kleidung für shangri-la mit dabei...!
bei angenehmen temperatur Posted by edh-on-the-road in edh on the road in china | Apr 4, 2017
- When Becky Joined the gang
From Laos, we flew back to Don Mueang International Airport as it was cheaper for us to fly there, as apposed to Bangkok's other airport (Suvarnabhumi). Plus, the distance to o Posted by Millypaulrtw in Dream Come True | Apr 2, 2017
- Stop 10 - Chiang MaiChiang Mai - What a gorgeous little place....however we didn't see much of it outside of the walls of the old city. Is there anything beyond the four walls?? We'll never know.
For those of you who aren't aware there is Posted by carlagregory in 2017 Waite World Tour | Mar 30, 2017
- vorfreude ist die schönste freude...![[https://secure.travellerspoint.com/member_map.cfm?user=edh-on-the-road|hier ist mal die grobe planung auf einer karte!]]
in paar tagen geht die reise los - zuerst mit dem fahrrad vollbeladen ins goldene dreieck - übernachten - und am donnerstag, 6. a Posted by edh-on-the-road in edh on the road in china | Mar 28, 2017
- Stop 9 - BangkokWhat is the deal with Bangkok and their lack of restaurants?? I spent the majority of our time there hungry, frustrated and irritable. It is supposed to be a mecca for food however I felt as though I spent the Posted by carlagregory in 2017 Waite World Tour | Mar 22, 2017
- Stop 8 - Koh Phangan Videos Posted by carlagregory in 2017 Waite World Tour | Mar 22, 2017
- Stop 8 - Koh PhanganContinuing with our beach themed rest and relaxation we moved to Haad Yao on Koh Phangan for what was supposed to be 7 days of beach time but ended up being extended 12 days. What a great little spot this Posted by carlagregory in 2017 Waite World Tour | Mar 21, 2017
- SEA starts with a 'Bang'For once I'll actually have a relatively short blog post, as I only started off Southeast Asia with Bangkok before switching countries. I was prepared for the crowded and busy atmosphere of Bangkok after India and just spent a couple Posted by elliehirch in Travel, She Wrote | Mar 21, 2017
- Big Buddha and Old Phuket TownMarch 19
I booked a tour for the day to take me around town. First stop was Karon viewpoint....Karon Beach, Kata Beach, and Kata Noi (baby)
Phuket's Big Buddha is one of the isl Posted by Samchow58 in The next chapter | Mar 20, 2017
- Talad Nam Khlong Lat MayomFloating markets are one of the best selling travel products in Thailand. Not only Thais love to shop and dine at these water themed markets but such markets also attract huge foreign tourists. What differentiates floating markets and the other Posted by kidd27 in Exploring Bangkok | Mar 18, 2017
- Phuket and family timeMarch 17
Today is a travel day. I have to leave my beautiful room here in Lanta......
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/726731/large_90_IMG Posted by Samchow58 in The next chapter | Mar 18, 2017
- Time for Lime Cooking SchoolMarch 16
I spent my last full day just laying on the deck...relaxing and swimming.
This hotel is one of my favourites....ever!
Headed out at 3:30 pm for my cooking class with Tim Posted by Samchow58 in The next chapter | Mar 16, 2017
- 4 Island TourMarch 15
So at the end of my diving day yesterday, I got a message from one of the ladies in my dive group asking. If I would like to join her
and her friends on the 4 Island snorkel tour today. Posted by Samchow58 in The next chapter | Mar 15, 2017
- Scooters, turtles, bat fish and dolphins March 13
Decided to rent a scooter to drive around the island. With map in hand, keys in the ignition, and my heart beating a mile a minute.... I headed out.
[img=http://photos.travellersp Posted by Samchow58 in The next chapter | Mar 14, 2017
- Farewell to BangkokAs a last tribute to Bangkok and before moving on to Singapore, I add a last selection of pictures that peek into the day to day life in the streets and on the main river, Chao Prayah – the latter Posted by jefvincent in not the end of the road | Mar 12, 2017
- Koh Lanta....backpackers and gypsies....no moreMarch 10
Headed to Tonsai Bay to Nick and David (did my two dives with them). They are both from South Africa. I originally told my kids that they were gay....a couple. Apparently, they have been friends for Posted by Samchow58 in The next chapter | Mar 11, 2017
- Cloud 47There are more than 10 rooftop bars in Bangkok and they vary greatly in location, altitude, view, luxury and price. Cloud 47 is a bit run down but by far the cheapest and it offers an excellent 360 degrees view. Posted by jefvincent in not the end of the road | Mar 10, 2017
- mangosteenFor your information: mangosteen is the best fruit in the world (on par with cherries). Sweet and slightly acid. I didn’t had any for 7 years. How could I survive?
Posted by jefvincent in not the end of the road | Mar 9, 2017
- Jazz happensI skip any reference to the long long transit day that brings us back to Bangkok and suddenly we are 5 March. Somehow it’s good to be back in the city – we are both very large-city-addicted – and to Posted by jefvincent in not the end of the road | Mar 9, 2017
- Kled Gaeow Wreck and Maya Corner and a Wedding March 9
Off I went for another two dives with the same group form yesterday..... was disappointed when I found out we were not diving Shark Point due to the wind and ocean conditions. Instead, we dove two different sites. Posted by Samchow58 in The next chapter | Mar 9, 2017