- The monk and the missing lensToday was our earliest start yet meeting our guide Em at 6:00am for the 1 hour drive to Bang-Pa and Ayutthaya. Breakfast was shared with some school children at a local village. Fried chicken, pork mince with snake beans, sticky Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Feb 15, 2016
- Day 145: Around Koh LantaWhen I was having breakfast this morning and diligently writing my blog, I got asked by Gus from Argentina whether I'd like to join him and Julia and Sabrina from Germany on a little motorscooter tour and some beach time. Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Feb 12, 2016
- The devil green chilli at the floating marketOut early this morning for the 1 hour drive to the floating markets. Last time I was in Thailand we visited a floating market frequented by western tourists and touts in boats. This time I asked for an authentic market Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Feb 14, 2016
- Trains, long boats & Tuk TuksThe morning started with a ride on an old diesel train to one of the poorer neighbourhoods in Bangkok. Safety in Bangkok is an individual choice, during the train ride we stuck our heads out the window to observe life Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Feb 13, 2016
- Follow that Monk!Wat a day! I know, pretty bad. But Wat's and monks seem to be all over the place!
Today we went in search of Wat Chedi Luang which dates back to the 14th century and offers an op Posted by luluandkiki in Supertrip 2016 | Feb 13, 2016
- Day 144: Four IslandsAs announced, today I went snorkeling. We went on a long tail boat and were about 20 people, so not too bad - we saw other boats with way more people. After a very adventurous climb down onto the boat Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Feb 11, 2016
- Chiang MaiWe arrived in Chiang Mai at 10 pm and on the way to our hotel we caught glimpses of the night hustle and bustle of the countless food stalls and night markets in full swing. It was quite a long Posted by luluandkiki in Supertrip 2016 | Feb 12, 2016
- Wat a day in BangkokAfter a long day transiting from Melbourne to Bangkok we were both happy when our heads finally hit the pillow for the evening.
At 6:00am we were both woken up by the morning's various classes in the park across the Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Feb 12, 2016
- You've been a gem Koh LantaAfter 10 beautiful 30+°C days on Koh Lanta we thought it was time to leave and see the rest of this amazing country.
Posted by luluandkiki in Supertrip 2016 | Feb 12, 2016
- Day 143: SlothI was a sloth today. Not that I was hanging from a tree all day, but in the German sense - Faultier, the literal translation for it being lazy animal ;) I spent all day at the beach, reading, swimming, Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Feb 10, 2016
- Day 142: Ferry rideI basically spent all day on the ferry from Koh Lipe to Koh Lanta today. There would have been the option to go direct by speedboat in 3 hours, but 3 hours on a bumpy speedboat didn't sound like much Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Feb 9, 2016
- Day 141: Last day in Koh LipeAfter breakfast I went to Pattaya beach and read a little. In the early afternoon I took care of my ferry booking to Koh Lanta and also decided I need a new bikini and a new dress, given that my Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Feb 8, 2016
- Day 140: ShadyToday was the first really nice day on Koh Lipe as far as the weather goes - blue sky and proper sunshine. So after a nice breakfast I made my way over all the way west of Pattaya beach to Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Feb 7, 2016
- Sustainable Development InternshipI am receiving a scholarship from the Freeman Foundation under the condition that I complete an internship abroad. I am so grateful not only that I am receiving the scholarship but that it is pushing me to pursue an internship Posted by juliaaugh in Thailand 2016 | Feb 8, 2016
- Day 139: Family 1 & Family 2I spent the day with my new friends from Switzerland. We met noonish and then took a taxi boat for a short ride up the coast to the little Pitiusas resort. They only have a small beach but there are Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Feb 6, 2016
- Day 138: HealingThe day started very uneventfully: I spent my time way past noon just lying on my belly reading a book as I could not move very much, lathering myself every once in a while in a cooling gel I bought. Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Feb 5, 2016
- 5 Island Snorkel TourWe went on a 5 island snorkel tour with a traditional long tail boat to 5 smaller islands south of Koh Lanta. It was a full day of adventure and lucky for us the weather turned cloudy in the afternoon Posted by luluandkiki in Supertrip 2016 | Feb 5, 2016
- Day 137: And finally... the burnWoke up pretty early (must be the jet lag from Malaysia to Thailand ;) ) but since no one in my room was showing any movement I didn't want to start rustling about and rather dozed forever to the soothing Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Feb 4, 2016
- Day 136: Crossing the borderI had booked the boat to Koh Lipe for the afternoon with a pick-up from the hostel at 12.15 pm so that left me plenty of time to get ready, pack and eat something. Immigration in Malaysia went smoothly and Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Feb 3, 2016
- Ben is just too tall for Asia!
Posted by BenAnna in South East Asia and Australia | Feb 3, 2016
- Thailand # 2012CHECK THE OTHER ARTICLE ON MY BLOG ABOUT ALL THE ROAD TRIP AROUND THAILAND, I WROTE IT MORE RECENTLY.
South : http://enjoyourlife.travellerspoint.com/co/201/
North : http://enjoyourlife.travellerspoint.com/44/
[i][center]Thailand.. Posted by celia0409 in EYL and keep travelling | Feb 2, 2016
- Thailand - Kho Tao[center]As we approached the island of Kho Tao we began to feel a sense of familiarity, the cascading landscape brought back memories of two years ago, when we visited the island whilst holidaying.
Stepping off the Lomprayah ferry at dusk, Posted by Daft Slags Do.. in Daft Slags Do...East to West | Feb 2, 2016
- Island Life!We are loving every minute of island life. A very welcome change from Bangkok. In true Thai style getting here was an adventure! From Bangkok we took an overnight bus, which played Fast & Furious 6 in Thai language and Posted by luluandkiki in Supertrip 2016 | Feb 1, 2016
- Thailand - Khao Sok [center]On the morning we left Penang we got the free ferry over to Butterworth and sweated our way to the train station to catch the 14:00 train, which was only a small four carriage affair through Malaysia and picked up Posted by Daft Slags Do.. in Daft Slags Do...East to West | Feb 1, 2016
- Classes at Thammasat UniveristyI am taking four classes and an internship for credit this semester. It is really strange transitioning to the semester system, I don't have any projects or tests til week 8! I think the classes should be easier in general Posted by juliaaugh in Thailand 2016 | Jan 31, 2016