- Unique Bangkok ExperienceBangkok – land of a thousand smiles. Actually this is not the first time I am going to Bangkok but it has been a few years since I last went there. I had thought this would be the usual Posted by acerchuan in Acerchuan Travel Blog | Dec 28, 2013
- GOODBYE SRI LANKA, HELLO THAILAND
Sunday 1st December 13 (day 92)
Do you know the one thing that I hate more that having to get up at 4am for a 7am flight?? It's when the flight is delayed by 4 1/2 Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2014 - YES WE ARE STILL ON THE SAME TRIP | Dec 28, 2013
- Our First Fortnight of Beautiful Thai Beaches...Firstly let me start by apologising for my lack of blog updating recently, my only excuse is the amount of time I've spent lazing on an array of beautiful Thai beaches...
We arrived on our first Thai island, Koh Tao, on Posted by AmyRossiter26 in Amy's Travelsome Adventures | Dec 27, 2013
- Adventures in Bangkok: Part 1So I said goodbye to Yangon and after far too long in airports, I arrived in the backpackers mecca of Bangkok. A bit of a return to civilisation, the streets centred on Khao San Road, just north of the old Posted by GoonishPython in The Great South East Asia Adventure | Dec 27, 2013
- Krabi Town, ThailandKrabi was a two and a half hour journey from Khao Lak through winding dense forest roads. We quite enjoy our short journey times between locations.
Krabi town is a strange place, set some miles back from the beach alongside the Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Dec 27, 2013
- Day 8 (AM) - Falang down!After my little break down on the train from Bangkok (see The Longest Day), my lovely boyfriend agreed to fly from Phuket to Penang, rather than trying to get back to Surat Thani and get on the same train for Posted by MealsEeles in Asian Adventure | Dec 27, 2013
- DAY 7 (PM) - Ban Nam Kem After the orphanage we went to the next town, which is a little fishing village called Ban Nam Kem. This area was very badly hit when the tsunami came through. We went to the wave memorial that listed the names Posted by MealsEeles in Asian Adventure | Dec 27, 2013
- Christmas in Korat
Thailand is a primarily Buddhist country. This is evident in the fact that there are temples EVERYWHERE. Despite this, I was very surprised to find that Posted by inbetweendreams in In Between Dreams | Dec 26, 2013
- Khao Lak, Thailand
And finally we have made it to the Thai beaches after travelling for four and a half months. Khao Lak is situated to the north of Phuket and was completely devastated by the ts Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Dec 25, 2013
- Day 7 (AM) - Baan Tharn Namchai orphanageWe had a nice sleep in, and a leisurely breakfast (the amazing buffet again!) then had a car delivered to the front of our hotel. We headed north, up to Takuapa town, where the Baan Tharn Namchai orphanage is located. Posted by MealsEeles in Asian Adventure | Dec 25, 2013
- Day 6 - Some R & RAfter a restful sleep in a huge king size bed, we woke feeling refreshed, and headed down to the amazing buffet breakfast at the JW Marriott in Khao Lak.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoi Posted by MealsEeles in Asian Adventure | Dec 23, 2013
- Christmas Eve morningChristmas Eve.
We are officially running really really low on money. Worryingly so. We are budgeting 700tbh each per day including accommodation, travel and food for the rest of our trip- I haven't even got souvenirs or Christmas presents yet! Yesterday Posted by Kirstyonwroot in England to South East Asia | Dec 23, 2013
- Waterfalls and mopeds Waterfalls and mopeds. Brad, our two friends and I rented some mopeds for a couple of days to explore the island. We started off really really slow but by the end we were racing around. The terrain was not always Posted by Kirstyonwroot in England to South East Asia | Dec 23, 2013
- Full moonFull moon
I woke up yesterday morning after full moon party on Haad Rin beach feeling spritely. No hangover and in a great mood. I got out of bed after 4 hours sleep having stumbled to bed at 5.30am and strolled Posted by Kirstyonwroot in England to South East Asia | Dec 23, 2013
- Khao Sok National Park, ThailandIt's Chris again. Zoë managed to contract tonsilitus for most of this section of the trip so it's up to me to write the blog.
Khao Sok National Park is a large area of jungle and limestone karsts in central Thailand. Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Dec 22, 2013
- Day 5 - The longest dayWe were up early (yet again) and made our way to Huamphalong rail station in central Bangkok.
We arrived at about 7.10am and rushed to the ticket counter to buy two train tickets to Surat Thani (a town in Southern Posted by MealsEeles in Asian Adventure | Dec 22, 2013
- Day 4 (PM) - Crossing the borderWe reached Poipet at about 2pm and went through the process to leave Cambodia. We then walked over a bridge to the Thai side, which is called Aranyaprathet, and went through the process to enter Thailand. Our fingerprints were scanned, Posted by MealsEeles in Asian Adventure | Dec 21, 2013
- Food photosBore Da, pawb
Struggling to get this blog to display our photos, but may have found a work around. Food is the big feature of our trip so far - we are all eating really well, particularly the local chow. A Posted by hirnant in The Jones' go to Asia | Dec 21, 2013
- Bangkok ... City of extremesI know ... it's about time we report! It seems like we haven't had time for ages ... Plus Bangkok didn't make us any less tired!
Not sure how to describe Bangkok. Still undecided on whether it's a curse or feast Posted by carmomo in New Zealand and South East Asia | Dec 20, 2013
- Return to SE Aisia - part of the "pastures new" projectSo for the second time in 2013 we are retuning to SE Asia. We decided that after another gruelling summer season in Salou that another trip would be just reward and make it all worth while. We saved hard and Posted by Gingertoad in Return to SE Asia | Dec 20, 2013
- Bangkok Calling, Déjà vuReturning to Thailand it felt strangely quiet. Nobody was trying to sell us anything and nobody was shouting at us in the street. There were times in Vietnam when we weren't sure how we would cope if there was no Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Dec 19, 2013
- The Airline Turdturd (tûrd)
1. A piece of excrement.
I felt compelled to write a quick little piece about our flight to Chiang Mai. First of all, flying is the way to go. We've done the overnight cockroch infested train that goes Posted by Rizz23 in Allen's Interracial Race Across Asia | Dec 18, 2013
- Full moon soonSo now we are in lime n soda backpackers. Our little doggy friend left us the night before last after a good three meals, shower, shampoo and blow dry, tick removal and a sleep in a towel I donated to Posted by Kirstyonwroot in England to South East Asia | Dec 18, 2013
- Koh ChangOur flight landed in the small area of Trat where we were staying for one night before transferring to the island of Koh Chang. At every airport so far there has been a parade of taxis waiting outside the terminal Posted by EastWest-Sweets in Team Sweets Asian Adventure!! | Dec 17, 2013
- PaiAfter spending a week or so in Chiang Mai we heard that Pai was a must..... a perfect getaway in the valleys of the mountains. So we booked ourselves a hut just outside town and caught a bus to joins Posted by becs and terry in look out world .... ..here we come!! | Dec 16, 2013