- Jan 1st-26th: INSPECTION...INSPECTION - PASS OR NOT ?WEDNESDAY 1st JANUARY 2014
This morning Mr Noi invited me, Chwin and Jasper to his house for lunch. I assumed it would just be us and his family but when we got there a party was in full swing in the Posted by talismanic in Alistair in Thailand 2012 to 2014 | Jan 28, 2014
- Tiger Kingdom[center][/center][center][/center]
So much has been written about Tiger Kingdom I no longer know what to believe BUT this was a treat for my daughter Jemma and we chose to visit it.
It is new Posted by timinphuket in TiminPhuket - things to do | Jan 27, 2014
- The Andaman Coast: island hopping from Thailand to MalaysiaSo just after New Year, I headed to the Andaman Coast for a spot of island hopping - thi is where all those pictures of turquoise seas and limestone karst islands with white sandy beaches come from.
At the advice of Posted by GoonishPython in The Great South East Asia Adventure | Jan 26, 2014
- Adventures in Bangkok: Part 3So after another epic bus journey (involving being left at the border and woking out ourselves how to get to Bangkok) - Cambodia is getting a record on these - I arrived back in the busy capital of Thailand about Posted by GoonishPython in The Great South East Asia Adventure | Jan 26, 2014
- Living it up in Patong Beach, PhuketFor the last 3 days in Phuket I decided to splurge and stay at an actual resort on the beach, where you didn't have to pay for towels or air conditioning it was included with the room. When I checked Posted by anthonyfalls in Anthony's Adventures | Jan 26, 2014
- Chiang Mai and Jungle
After our delayed train, we arrived into Chiang Mai to a number of touts trying to get us to stay in their guesthouses. One place (Chiang Mai Thai House) took our fancy as it had a swimming pool, looked Posted by mattandsusanne in Matt and Susanne's Travels | Jan 24, 2014
- An Amazing Week at The Elephant Nature Park
We've just spent the past week volunteering at Thailand's Elephant Nature Park and have had the most amazing, inspiring time. The park is an NGO (Non Government O Posted by AmyRossiter26 in Amy's Travelsome Adventures | Jan 24, 2014
- Puttering Around the Islands of Phi Phi
This is my "It's January and it's not -40C face!"
Day 7 was a total beach day. I spent the day reading, eating and sleeping on the beach. Went for my daily massage, 1 hour fo Posted by anthonyfalls in Anthony's Adventures | Jan 24, 2014
- BangkokLets get this straight even before I begin; I'm an outdoorsy person, I enjoy my own space to explore beautiful, pristine nature... I also loved Bangkok.
I don't know if anyone experiences love at first sight with Bangkok. Bangkok Posted by Bleaklinson in Canadians Abroad | Jan 23, 2014
- Thailand - La ThailandeFirst challenge : finding our hotel as roads were closed due to anti-government protests. Taxi driver dropped us a good 30 minute walk away through bustling Khao San Road with our luggage.
Premier challenge : trouver notre hôtel vu que les Posted by emjim in Emily and Jimmy Go Global! | Jan 23, 2014
- Off to the Beaches of Phuket! Day 5 was the day I flew to Phuket. It was recommended to leave 4 hours before the flight to get to the airport due to the many road closures with the protests. Bangkok has 2 international airports. I Posted by anthonyfalls in Anthony's Adventures | Jan 21, 2014
- Staying PutAfter a thrilling few days I spent Day 4 relaxing and spending time at my new hotel, the [[http://www.starwoodhotels.com/fourpoints/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=3409|Four Point By Sheraton]]. Best part-there was no cost as I redeemed some point Posted by anthonyfalls in Anthony's Adventures | Jan 21, 2014
- Going North - Ayuthaya
After a bit of last-minute bumming on the beach, we took our minibus off Ko Lanta island via a couple of small and very crammed car ferries. We then had a minibus transfer to Krabi and were fully exposed to Posted by mattandsusanne in Matt and Susanne's Travels | Jan 21, 2014
- Lions and tigers and bears: oh my!
I haven't been to a zoo in years. In fact I only have two memories of ever going to a zoo. Both are extremely fond. My earliest zoo memory involves g Posted by inbetweendreams in In Between Dreams | Jan 20, 2014
- Elephants!One of the reasons I like to be cheap when I travel is that it allows me to go more places and allows me to do 1-2 activities on my trip and still stay within my budget (for instance I Posted by anthonyfalls in Anthony's Adventures | Jan 20, 2014
- Ko Lanta Island
Our arrival into Ko Lanta wasn’t the best, as we’d booked accommodation at a transfer station in Krabi and they said we would be picked up. Predictably, no one was there. So we waited around and some kind lady at Posted by mattandsusanne in Matt and Susanne's Travels | Jan 18, 2014
- The Grand Palace With only spending 5 days in Bangkok I feel like I need to get in everything I can! On my second day in Bangkok I spent the day at the Grand Palace. I planned to go for 2 hours ended Posted by anthonyfalls in Anthony's Adventures | Jan 18, 2014
- The Protests Friday January 17, 2014Just a few hours ago I was writing how I felt on Tuesday, when I went down to the protest site that it had a carnival feel to it and was quite organized, today (Friday January 17, 2014) 5 days Posted by anthonyfalls in Anthony's Adventures | Jan 17, 2014
- Perfect First Day!Upon finally arriving in Bangkok I crashed and slept for several hours. My first 4 days I am staying at the [[http://www.klassiquesukhumvit.com/|Best Western Klassique]] for $27 night. It's crazy deal and had a pretty hight TripAdvisor rating (I highly re Posted by anthonyfalls in Anthony's Adventures | Jan 16, 2014
- Krabi Province and the South IslandsAfter being blasted by freezing cold air conditioning for a 12 hour night bus, we were pleased to arrive at Krabi.
Although it has no beaches or real tourist attractions, we used Krabi Town as our base to explore some Posted by becs and terry in look out world .... ..here we come!! | Jan 15, 2014
- Anthony's Adventure in getting to Asia! 35 hours after departing Edmonton I arrived in Bangkok!
Had fantastic flight to Denver, used my United Club Pass that I scored on ebay for cheap (I love a good deal!) and managed to take in some drinks Posted by anthonyfalls in Anthony's Adventures | Jan 14, 2014
- Khao Sok National Park
7th – 8th January:
We arrived into Khao Sok National Park at about 3pm, having spent the journey on the bus chatting with a lovely couple (Jo and Tim) and their 18-month old son Harry from England. Susanne of course had Posted by mattandsusanne in Matt and Susanne's Travels | Jan 14, 2014
- Adventures in Bangkok: Part 2My return to Bangkok began with a trip to Laos' only railway station - taking us just over the border to Thailand and to catch a night train. Unusually, the night train wasn't in the compartments - instead bunks were Posted by GoonishPython in The Great South East Asia Adventure | Jan 13, 2014
- On To Chiang Mai... and The Tiger Kingdom!Chiang Mai has definitely lived up to our high expectations so far! The town itself is really nice, with lots of excellent coffee shops (we've had the best coffee in Thailand here), little boutique shops, as well as plenty of Posted by AmyRossiter26 in Amy's Travelsome Adventures | Jan 12, 2014
- Heading home!!Had a really poor night sleep. Got up, packed my back and left for the airport early. Was too early really and sat at the airport for an hour, couldn't sleep anyway so doesn't make much difference. Couldn't check my Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Jan 10, 2014