- Bangkok again After staying in budget accommodation in Sukhothai we splurged for the last few days in Bangkok and booked into a very nice hotel with a fully equipped gym and pool.
[img=http://photos.travell Posted by Evalikat in Honeymooning | Jun 5, 2015
- Bangkok Adventure - videoThe taxi driver told us - we had just joined 10 million people.
General impression was that it wasn't that crowded, things are generally clean, but buildings look run down.
English commonly spoken, so communication not difficult - mass transit very impr Posted by weidmantim in WS80 Class Reunion & Aux Trips | Jul 12, 2015
- ChiangmaiSecond stop-Chiangmai in Northern Thailand. This city is in the mountains, surrounded by jungle. Not mountains like our mountains at home. They only get frost around New Years and people go up into the hills to look Posted by nancymohudson in Southeast Asia? Bring it! | Jul 10, 2015
- Take only memories, leave only footprintsBlog 3.5 Bangkok 2
[i]The next morning I was up early, had breakfast and booked another couple of nights at 3Howw on the Hostelworld app. I left Bodega, and walked the quick way (now I knew my way around the area) Posted by kay_bramm in GetLost | Jul 8, 2015
- It was a God thingWe arrived at the entrance of the Grand Palace at 10:30, only to be told that they were closed for prayer until 1 pm. This was after two transfers on their sky rail and a 15-20 minute boat ride Posted by weidmanroxanne in WS80 Class Reunion & Aux Trips | Jul 8, 2015
- No bugs, no litterSurprisingly, we have seen very few bugs. Two annoying flies- one per night, and a tiny crawling gnat-like bug smaller than a sugar ant around the sink. I have squished perhaps a half dozen and let just as Posted by weidmanroxanne in WS80 Class Reunion & Aux Trips | Jul 8, 2015
- hidden treasureOur hotel in Bangkok was tucked down a quiet little alley. We never would have found it without the map our host sent online! It is small, but accomodating. Unpretentious, but comfortable with small luxuries such as Posted by weidmantim in WS80 Class Reunion & Aux Trips | Jul 7, 2015
- Boat ride to Grand PalaceSites along the way. It was a fast, and sometimes, excillerating ride as the narrow boat pitched and rolled when there were waves. I was glad for my life jacket- just in case!
[img=http://pho Posted by weidmantim in WS80 Class Reunion & Aux Trips | Jul 7, 2015
- Thailand (second visit)As soon as one crosses the border it becomes immediately apparent that there is a huge gulf in the development and the culture of the two countries. Gone are the elegantly dressed Burmese women and in their place are Thai Posted by MalcolmB in Mal's Asia Trip 2015 | Jul 7, 2015
- Bangkok- Oriental City[img=h Posted by nancymohudson in Southeast Asia? Bring it! | Jul 5, 2015
- Ko Phi Phi / Phuket
So after Krabi we decided to head over to Ko Phi Phi ,as we have heard it is home to some amazing views and clear blue waters :) and as soon as we got within sight of the island it Posted by CodyAngela in Our adventure | Jul 1, 2015
- Boat people29/6: I wasn’t feeling all that great at breakfast, and the hour drive to Hellfire Pass probably didn’t help.
But my suffering was put into perspective by stories from the POWs and romusha – the Asian workers – who had Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Jun 30, 2015
- Grand Palace, Temples and more...So our hotel is perfect! A little modern comfort in a great location and a great price! However we are constantly awoken at dawn by a rooster nearby....ha! Completely settled in though. I would quickly and repeatedly be reminded throughout Posted by Kelly Rose in Here, There and Everywhere | Jun 30, 2015
- Ready...set...NopeWell we were all ready, bags checked, security cleared and then our delay that was going to cut it close in regards to our connecting flight bumped us from crossed fingers to screwed. So back through security and up the Posted by Kelly Rose in Here, There and Everywhere | Jun 30, 2015
- Chiang Mai to KanchanaburiSaturday morning. The Chaing Mai streets were busy, as traders set up their stalls, cafes opened for weekend business, and tuk-tuk drivers continued to transport tourists around town.
Well, maybe. I don't know; I was in bed, enjoying a sleep Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Jun 28, 2015
- Cycling, climbing and cookingIt was raining as we set off on our second and final day of riding. Unfortunately, that wasn’t enough to distract us from the pain of bruised buttocks thanks to our 64km yesterday. It cleared up soon anyway (the rain, Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Jun 26, 2015
- ThailandSaturday (16/5/2015) My flight to Bangkok departed from Brunei airport at 6.15pm and the flight was not full so I managed to enjoy having the whole row to myself. The flight took 2 hours 30 minutes to land in Posted by Lingering in Lingering On And On | Jun 25, 2015
- The wheels on the bikes go round and roundI slept very well, but there was no more rest for the wicked. We quickly got our bikes and set off on an adventure, following our guides Nong, Chai and AK.
Proof that we all had bikes
Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Jun 25, 2015
- Koh Tao, Krabi, and Koh Lanta - ThailandAfter yet another night train and ferry we arrived on the island of Koh Tao around 11am. We walked around for about 30 minutes looking for the best cheap room we could find; which was not easy as everything is Posted by CodyAngela in Our adventure | Jun 25, 2015
- Massages, massaman and marketsHungry, tired but very much alive, I arrived in Chiang Mai late yesterday, and I was whisked from the airport by my doting parents.
I had a bit of a rest, then met the group who we'll be with for the Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Jun 24, 2015
- Not all those who wander are lostBangkok (part 1)
After landing in Suvarnabhumi Airport, we boarded the SkyTrain (BTS) to Makkasan station, which was fairly close to our hostel and a lot cheaper than a taxi from the airport. We made our way out onto the street Posted by kay_bramm in GetLost | Jun 22, 2015
- The way there!After an exhausting 35+ hours, to be really honest I have lost count, of travelling I finally made it to New Zealand.
The journey however started at Schiphol:
Now it was o Posted by LVS540 in New-Zealand | Jun 19, 2015
- Lets seeSo if I start in Thailand.... Posted by PaulJefferyes in Paul Takes On The World | Jun 15, 2015
- We're Railey Rock ClimbingDark clouds obscured the sky and soon droplets fell down as well. None of this was reassuring to two people who had booked a rock climbing session in Railay today. The staff at the guesthouse assured us that it would Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Jun 11, 2015
- Nong Nooch Botanical GardenPattaya is a beach retreat city full of activities which need no extensive introduction. I had mentioned previously that this capital city of Chon Buri province of Thailand, not far away from Bangkok deserved very much attention from travellers as Posted by kidd27 in Phuket & Bangkok | Jun 6, 2015