- Perfect First Day!Upon finally arriving in Bangkok I crashed and slept for several hours. My first 4 days I am staying at the [[http://www.klassiquesukhumvit.com/|Best Western Klassique]] for $27 night. It's crazy deal and had a pretty hight TripAdvisor rating (I highly re Posted by anthonyfalls in Anthony's Adventures | Jan 16, 2014
- Krabi Province and the South IslandsAfter being blasted by freezing cold air conditioning for a 12 hour night bus, we were pleased to arrive at Krabi.
Although it has no beaches or real tourist attractions, we used Krabi Town as our base to explore some Posted by becs and terry in look out world .... ..here we come!! | Jan 15, 2014
- Anthony's Adventure in getting to Asia! 35 hours after departing Edmonton I arrived in Bangkok!
Had fantastic flight to Denver, used my United Club Pass that I scored on ebay for cheap (I love a good deal!) and managed to take in some drinks Posted by anthonyfalls in Anthony's Adventures | Jan 14, 2014
- Khao Sok National Park
7th – 8th January:
We arrived into Khao Sok National Park at about 3pm, having spent the journey on the bus chatting with a lovely couple (Jo and Tim) and their 18-month old son Harry from England. Susanne of course had Posted by mattandsusanne in Matt and Susanne's Travels | Jan 14, 2014
- Adventures in Bangkok: Part 2My return to Bangkok began with a trip to Laos' only railway station - taking us just over the border to Thailand and to catch a night train. Unusually, the night train wasn't in the compartments - instead bunks were Posted by GoonishPython in The Great South East Asia Adventure | Jan 13, 2014
- On To Chiang Mai... and The Tiger Kingdom!Chiang Mai has definitely lived up to our high expectations so far! The town itself is really nice, with lots of excellent coffee shops (we've had the best coffee in Thailand here), little boutique shops, as well as plenty of Posted by AmyRossiter26 in Amy's Travelsome Adventures | Jan 12, 2014
- Heading home!!Had a really poor night sleep. Got up, packed my back and left for the airport early. Was too early really and sat at the airport for an hour, couldn't sleep anyway so doesn't make much difference. Couldn't check my Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Jan 10, 2014
- Chiangmai Day 6Found a different yoga place online that looked easier to find so did yoga to start the day... Gosh I've missed it. Grabbed and omelet and rice and a fruit shake for breaky after. Wrote my post cards. Booked my Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Jan 10, 2014
- Chiangmai Day 5Lazed about for a bit then went and got and omelet and rice from my new fav breaky place 20 baht. Went to do yoga but couldn't find the place so had a little lie down and rest before grabbing Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Jan 10, 2014
- Chiangmai Day 4Sleep late. When i did wake up i packed my bags and moved hostels. I have decided to fly home early and surprise my family and so for the last few days here i am going to treat myself to Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Jan 10, 2014
- Chiangmai Day 3Sleep late, I was exhausted from the late nights.had an email from Julie and so got up to meet her at 11am before she left. Went and had brunch then wandered down to the markets in china town looking for Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Jan 10, 2014
- Chiangmai Day 2Today Julie, Neil and i went on a full day cooking class. Since i decided to travel Thailand i've been looking forward to doing a cooking class as i absolutely love Thai food.
We were picked up from the hostel Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Jan 10, 2014
- From Paradise to... Patong! Okay, so on Saturday we left gorgeous Koh Naka for Patong on main-land Phuket. In my previous post I said I would see if there was a suitable reason for doing so.... Hmm.
There's no denying there's a crazy, hectic Posted by AmyRossiter26 in Amy's Travelsome Adventures | Jan 9, 2014
- Ko Phangnan - Island Life!
Early on Saturday (4th) morning we were kicked out in some shabby old ‘bus station’ at a transit town called Surat Thani where we waited for our next bus to the pier to catch a boat to Ko Phangnan island. Posted by mattandsusanne in Matt and Susanne's Travels | Jan 9, 2014
- Bangkok New YearAfter a week on island we were ready for Bangkok,round two.
We got a flight from Surrathani( down south) back to Bangkok,which is so cheap,and takes about an hour. We arrived in the dark so taxi driver had trouble finding Posted by hirnant in The Jones' go to Asia | Jan 9, 2014
- Chiangmai Day 1As much a i wanted to sleep in today Ludovic had booked me in for a half day with the elephants and i figured it would be better to go now while i had someone to go with, so i Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Jan 9, 2014
- Bangkok to ChiangmaiSlept late. Had breaky at a local place, fish ball soup. I got my hair cut as it has been neglected over the last few months, I didn't love what she had done as there was a bit of a Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Jan 9, 2014
- Bangkok Day 2Woke up early, even though I really wanted to keep sleeping. Wasted a morning trying to get a bus ticket for Ludovic. Two stops on the BTS rail with no luck. Then we got off and got a tuk tuk Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Jan 8, 2014
- Bangkok Day 1Woke up early... Too early for everyone else I suppose, the owner was shocked to see me up. But Ludovic a French Canadian guy from my room said he was keen to spend the day sight seeing with me so Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Jan 8, 2014
- Christmas in KabinChristmas Day….the strangest Christmas I’ve had but in a good way….First time spending it away from my family, first time spending it in a hot country!! And, it was HOT! As Thailand doesn’t recognise Christmas Day as a National Holiday Posted by bethcairns in Mai Pen Rai | Jan 8, 2014
- New Years Camping on Koh Naka!This New Years Eve has definitely been one to remember, and for all the right reasons. It's been nothing like the anti-climatic events we're used to at home. We arrived at The Naka Camp on Koh Naka the day before Posted by AmyRossiter26 in Amy's Travelsome Adventures | Jan 6, 2014
- DecemberOkay so I'll try my best to put the last 3 weeks into a nice, short blog entry for you...but a lot has happened! What a hectic but great 3 weeks it has been 😊 I've literally had no time Posted by bethcairns in Mai Pen Rai | Jan 6, 2014
- Bangkok BANGKOK Tuesday 31st December 2013 to Friday 3rd January 2014:
After a long flight with very little sleep and a slightly dodgy entertainment system, we finally arrived into Bangkok airport at around 11.45am. Despite Nick Posted by mattandsusanne in Matt and Susanne's Travels | Jan 4, 2014
- Sunflowers and villasI found this picture on google and immediately decided that i needed to ride an elephant in a sunflower field.
Any ole tourist can ride an elephant in Posted by inbetweendreams in In Between Dreams | Jan 4, 2014
- Ko LipeWe finally arrived on Ko Lipe at about 5pm and the music was already blaring for New Year's Eve. We were dropped off on the beach and were surprised at how easily we located our accommodation; it was a little Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Jan 3, 2014