- Arrival in KataThe flight from KL to Phuket was uneventful, it was very overcast and raining all the way so those with windows seats just saw the rain streaming across the windows and a backdrop of clouds, nothing to write home about. Posted by peter.dudley in lets.sea | Sep 11, 2013
- STOPOVER IN ASIA part 2
Tuesday 3rd September 2013 (day 3)
Another hot day in down town Bangkok!
Have wasted away the morning trying to send off the blog. Stupid ipad will not pick up a group email list Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2013 ADVENTURE CONTINUES IN A TUK TUK | Sep 7, 2013
- 15 JULY-1st SEPT: POLICE..KITTEN.. AYUTTAYA..HOLDUP..SPORTS+I MUST APOLOGISE FOR THE LATENESS OF THIS BLOG UPDATE BUT TIME FLIES BY WHEN ONE IS BUSY. DO FEEL FREE TO COMMENT ABOUT ANYTHING YOU LIKE.
MONDAY 15th JULY
There was no water this morning but as I was the first Posted by talismanic in Alistair in Thailand 2012 & 2013 | Sep 3, 2013
- Still Beachin' It=== 22 August 2013===
Found another new place for breakfast – little shop called the Coffee Cup, which was another suggestion from Apple and again...really good food.
After breakfast, Jim and I took a walk this morning down to Bophut. It’s an Posted by pjburke in Teaching and Traveling | Sep 2, 2013
- STOPOVER IN ASIAHello all,
Well, Lyn and I are off on another great adventure.
This is just a warning email, to advise you I will be sending out blogs of our travels. If you do not want to receive these emails Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2013 ADVENTURE CONTINUES IN A TUK TUK | Sep 2, 2013
- We're havin' a Beachin' Time
===18 August 2013===
Up way too early to make our flight from Chiang Mai to Bangkok, four hour layover and then on to Nakhon Si Thammarat (south of Surat Thani on Thailand’s east coast). From the airport, we’re herded Posted by pjburke in Teaching and Traveling | Sep 1, 2013
- Tour of IndochinaTo ease ourselves into a life on the road, we've booked ourselves on a 29 day tour of Indochina with a company called G Adventures. We pass through northern Thailand, into Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia before heading back to Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Aug 26, 2013
- Back to Thailand==06 -18 August 2013==
Up early and off to the airport. Even though our flight wasn’t until that afternoon – we decided to head out to LCCT (KL’s low cost air terminal – hub for Air Asia) with Brenda, who Posted by pjburke in Teaching and Traveling | Aug 26, 2013
- Back in BangkokWe finished off our three weeks in Thailand with another quick stop in Bangkok. 19 days after our first steps on Kho San Road, then directly out of the plane from Germany this time our arrival felt more like coming Posted by fkrebs in World tour 2012-2014 | Aug 23, 2013
- Relaxing on Koh Yao NoiTo balance off our travels through the country with spending almost every night somewhere else, we have planned a 5 day stop on Koh Yao Noi before the end of our Thailand visit. This gives us the time to relax Posted by fkrebs in World tour 2012-2014 | Aug 23, 2013
- Khao Sok National ParkAfter a 20 hour trip from Ayutthaya via Bangkok and Surat Thani, by tuk-tuk, train, bus and mini-bus we arrived at Khao Sok and the respective national park. While our arrival day was purely for searching accommodation and for relaxing, Posted by fkrebs in World tour 2012-2014 | Aug 22, 2013
- AyutthayaTwo days later we visited the next former capital of Thailand. Ayutthaya was after Sukhothai and before Bangkok the centre of the kingdom. Here as well, there are many tempel ruins to be discovered. These are, however, more destroyed (might Posted by fkrebs in World tour 2012-2014 | Aug 22, 2013
- My BKK trip Talking about Bangkok, most people may think about a big busy city like others capital cities in the world. I have to admit that it is true but it is just half of it. Posted by Rebecca_94 in My BKK trip | Aug 22, 2013
- SukhothaiThe next day of our tour was entirely dedicated to Sukhothai, Thailand’s first capital. This ruin city, which lies seperated from new Sukhothai is certainly an important cultural highlight of our three weeks in Thailand. The close location of many Posted by fkrebs in World tour 2012-2014 | Aug 21, 2013
- Long neck karen and journey to SukhothaiOn Monday, even though weekdays start to lose importance, our day started with a visit to a village of the long neck karen tribe, originally from Myanmar. I would not like to walk around every day with up to 25 Posted by fkrebs in World tour 2012-2014 | Aug 21, 2013
- Elephants + bambooElephants and bamboo were the modes of transport on the following day. First a short 45-min. ride on the back of one of the gray giants, who would lift its trunk every few meters to ask o be fed another Posted by fkrebs in World tour 2012-2014 | Aug 21, 2013
- One night in BangkokBangkok, Bangkok, Bangkok .... where did it all go wrong?! ..WELL pretty much from the second we landed! Having not slept for 2 days myself and Diana stayed in bed for the first 24 hours without leaving the hotel. We Posted by Julie Kavanagh in Beyond the harbour | Aug 21, 2013
- Jungle trekkingAfter a day in Chiang Mai the trip went on into theThai-Jungle for a 3 day trekking tour. Our guide from the tribe of the white karen led our internationaly mixed group of 12 through his native country. The nights Posted by fkrebs in World tour 2012-2014 | Aug 20, 2013
- Chiang MaiOur next stop is Chiang Mai, centre of the North. Here we have a full day to visit the night market and all the temples in the City centre before we are heading off to the jungle tomorrow morning.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/614931/35D734CF2 Posted by fkrebs in World tour 2012-2014 | Aug 20, 2013
- BangkokSince Monday we are in Bangkok, starting point of our days in Thailand.
Arriving at a tropical heat of 35 degrees, after winter started back home, with the first frost was almost too much, but we are adjusting ourselves ...
Already the Posted by fkrebs in World tour 2012-2014 | Aug 17, 2013
- Travels with BrendaOur time in Wuhan was not quite over yet. We (Patty, Jim and Brenda) had an 1815 flight from Wuhan, to begin the next part of our travels, in Bangkok, Thailand. Alas, our “til we meet agains” were Posted by pjburke in Teaching and Traveling | Aug 17, 2013
- Bangin' around in BangkokWell, its been a busy few days. After arriving at our hotel the idea was to catch up on the sleep we lost on the 23-26 hour (Jena thinks 23; I think it was longer) journey here. Alas, it was Posted by m.therrien in Travel Broadens the Mind | Aug 16, 2013
- Arrived in Bangkok!!We made it! 23 hours of travel and we are here at the Best Western in Bankok (yes, I know, very American of us but it was cheap and it includes breakfast…)
Of course no trip starts out smoothly, and we Posted by m.therrien in Travel Broadens the Mind | Aug 15, 2013
- Koh Chang Part 2Koh Chang remained very much undeveloped in terms of commercial establishments unlike its other counterparts over in Andaman Sea. On this part of Gulf of Siam, bulk of Koh Chang still maintained its natural surroundings without condominiums or holiday hom Posted by kidd27 in Phuket & Bangkok | Aug 3, 2013
- The Islands & the EndHaving been promised a "touristic bus" from Chiang Mai back to Bangkok, the Thais let us down again. We got on a bus with a few other French tourists but mainly Thais. This wasn't really a problem but we were Posted by ourbonvoyage in Our Bon Voyage | Jul 30, 2013