- Thai Farm Cooking School, Sunday Walking MarketWe spent most of today at the Thai Farm Cooking School, on an organic farm in rural Chiang Mai [www.thaifarmcooking.net/home/#.VMUBpuAAA].
We stopped enroute at an early morning market to see how people shop for their Thai food ingredients, and then the Posted by alangcampbell in Thailand: A Cultural Exposure Tour | Jan 25, 2015
- Visit to COSA, Cultural Centre and Ping River Dinner CruiseA busy day in and around Chiang Mai, but the highlight was definitely the group visit to the Childrens Organization of Southeast Asia (COSA) just outside Chiang Mai. 27 girls (ages 7-17) from northern hill tribes who are at risk Posted by alangcampbell in Thailand: A Cultural Exposure Tour | Jan 24, 2015
- To Bangkok via DohaOr so the song goes.... actually we've now been here two nights and not managed a single oyster, just lots of prawns and crab.....
Our journey was pretty straightforward once we'd battled through the snow, sleet, rain and roadworks on the Posted by GinSmugglers in GinSmugglers go Thai | Jan 24, 2015
- Markets and Temples in Chiang MaiEarly morning breakfast at Tapae Place Hotel and then a mind boggling wander through the flower market and the huge Warorot market where virtually everything is sold. We transferred via red truck to the Parasol Inn on the other side Posted by alangcampbell in Thailand: A Cultural Exposure Tour | Jan 23, 2015
- So that was Bangkok!We just finished up our 4 night stay in Bangkok and we loved every minute of it. We arrived on January 18th after over 20 hours of straight travel which left us both drained mentally and I am sure Posted by Shewy in It is, What it is | Jan 22, 2015
- We're in Chiang Mai!We were up early at Chai Lai Orchid to pack, have breakfast and check out, then take a "troop carrier" taxi for an hour to our hotel for the night in Chiang Mai, near the Night Market in the old Posted by alangcampbell in Thailand: A Cultural Exposure Tour | Jan 22, 2015
- Thailand - Koh TaoThe journey to Koh Tao was advertised as a 3 hour mini bus service to Surat Thani and then an overnight ferry to
Koh Tao. What we didn't realise however was that the coach journey would be split into 3 different Posted by Mikeandsarah in Asia, Australia & Anywhere in between | Jan 22, 2015
- Thailand - Railay BayAfter spending 5 days on Koh Lanta, we decided to move on to the mainland so caught the ferry to Railay Bay in Krabi. As there was no port, the ferry had to stop in the middle of the sea Posted by Mikeandsarah in Asia, Australia & Anywhere in between | Jan 22, 2015
- Thailand - Koh LantaAnother boat trip to another Thai Island saw us arrive in Koh Lanta on the 9th of January. This is where we came across our first angry Thai man....Chun! He spent the entire boat journey trying to persuade us to Posted by Mikeandsarah in Asia, Australia & Anywhere in between | Jan 21, 2015
- Après le chaos, la discipline===Me voilà à Bangkok! Je vous avons que je vis cette fois-ci un contre-choc-culturel.... Après le chaos, la discipline! Comme le dit si bien le dicton; un dessin vaut mieux qu'un long discours. Je vous illustre donc mon premier choc Posted by elodieadie in la petite trotte d'Elodie-la-bougeotte | Jan 21, 2015
- Hiking and Elephant Riding from Chai Lai OrchidEarly mornings here in the hills by the river are misty and cool so we wisely chose to hike into the village and ride/wash the elephants in the afternoon. Even this small village has an impressive temple and of course Posted by alangcampbell in Thailand: A Cultural Exposure Tour | Jan 21, 2015
- Hiking and Rafting near Mae WangWe slept from 7pm to 7am and woke refreshed to take the long hike into the hills with our local guide Sing, and Katie and Robert from Berlin.
Lots of ups and downs and interesting things to see: mimosa (touch-sensitive plant), Posted by alangcampbell in Thailand: A Cultural Exposure Tour | Jan 21, 2015
- Never Rush A Good ThingThere is one thing that is guaranteed: If you are doing your job just for the money you won't be lying on your deathbed wishing you'd spent more time in the office. So many people spend their lives waking at Posted by zwillenberg in Around The World In 80 Years | Jan 20, 2015
- Southeast Asia, Australia, Ireland and many moreWell here we go, it's time to travel and it is time to blog - both things that are new for me and my wife Sherry. Today we sit at Toronto's Pierson International Airport awaiting our 9:40 departure to Posted by Shewy in It is, What it is | Jan 19, 2015
- Chai Lai Orchid Resort and Elephant SanctuaryA day and a half of travelling finally brought us to the Chai Lai Orchid Resort, north of Chiang Mai on a small river that runs out of the mountains beyond.
Our little "serene bungalow" is perfectly set among the pathways Posted by alangcampbell in Thailand: A Cultural Exposure Tour | Jan 19, 2015
- We've Arrived in Thailand!A lovely day (Mon Jan 19th!) dawning in Bangkok as we wait for our final flight to Chiang Mai, with Catriona still knitting her way across the world!
The "land of smiles" and flowers even makes Ronald McDonald a little more Posted by alangcampbell in Thailand: A Cultural Exposure Tour | Jan 18, 2015
- ThailandWe arrived around 10am for a quick stay. We jumped a taxi as the beaches were on the opposite sky of the island to where we anchored. We enjoyed a cheap massage before heading back to the ship. Next time Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Jan 17, 2015
- ThailandSaturday was our last day in Bangkok and we did a local tour of the city's Wat's (temples). We started out at the Golden Buddha. Here we saw a buddha made of 5.5 tonnes of gold. Originally is was covered Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Jan 17, 2015
- Bang Pa-In Royal PalaceBang Pa-In Royal Palace was located within Ayutthaya province which was also well known for its historical park and a visit to the Ayutthaya Historical Park shall also incorporated a tour of Bang Pa-In Royal Palace. The palace was built Posted by kidd27 in Exploring Bangkok | Jan 17, 2015
- ThailandWe arrived at Bangkok Port around 2pm on Thursday afternoon. There seemed to be an issue with transport so you had to book a bus to the city, we managed to get tickets for the 2.30pm bus. The drive to Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Jan 16, 2015
- Laos into Thailand (via Isaan)Awoke in the wee hours and quiet serenity, just in time to see the gorgeous sunrise over the Meekong.
Took a share bus from Don Khong to Pakse, and then connected at the terminal for another bus, west bound into Thailand. Posted by SkinnyFists in Tales from the Transit Lounge | Jan 14, 2015
- BKK - I love this city!
There is no city quite like Bangkok.
Urban Thais are super funky, fashionable, friendly and really know how to enjoy themselves.
On the other side, you can see how Posted by SkinnyFists in Tales from the Transit Lounge | Jan 13, 2015
- Thailand - Koh Phi PhiFeeling ready for a more chilled island feel, we were both excited to arrive in Koh Phi Phi. The boat journey across took just short of 2 hours and we could see the difference immediately between Phuket and here. It Posted by Mikeandsarah in Asia, Australia & Anywhere in between | Jan 13, 2015
- Touching down in Thailand
I was looking forward to the South East Asia portion of our trip but it seemed to perpetually be a month away so I was particularly excited when we touched down in Posted by tylerandshawna in Tyler and Shawna's Great Adventure | Jan 10, 2015
- BangkokAfter perhaps the longest travel day in history, we are finally settled in at our home for 2 days, the Omni Hotel, in Bangkok. It feels like we're staying in the fancier "business district", fairly far away from party central, Posted by WarrJenn in S.E. Asia and Australia | Jan 7, 2015