- Introducing Asia Hej guys,
Initially I have to say that I'm just happy that I arrived safe in Bangkok.
The 12-hour-travel is really a torture for someone who's absolutely not used to travel within three different time zones in the time of Posted by J.Winschewski in travelizer_experience@theworld. | Oct 31, 2014
- Intrepid jungle explorers!"Good luck to you" said a giggling Thai lady as we set off from the village. "How much further? I'm going to die in this jungle!" groaned our fellow trekker 6 hours later!
On Saturday afternoon after our gibbon experience Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Oct 31, 2014
- Living on Koh PhanganI left Chumphon early with the intention of catching a train to Surat Thani and a boat to the Islands North of there, Koh Phangan. However, I missed the train and so caught a minibus instead! I arrived in Surat Posted by Libbytes in PhD Celebration Travel | Aug 17, 2014
- Thailand - Chiang Mai : MacGyver-en in de jungleHallo allemaal vanuit het zeer warme Thailand, 33 graden!
Dus niet 6 maar 7 uur met de VIP bus van Bangkok naar Chiang Mai maar zeer comfortabel en toch bijna niks geslapen.
In het station bel ik naar Mister Phed van "something Posted by gdaniels in Around the world | Oct 29, 2014
- Bike riding in ChumphonI left Prachuap on a local train, the journey was 3 hours and cost roughly 80p. I was sat next to a couple of elderly women, with bright red teeth stained with betel nut. They each had a handbag with Posted by Libbytes in PhD Celebration Travel | Jul 29, 2014
- Perfection in PrachuapI left Phetchaburi for Prachuap via minibus and had the intention of blogging on my journey, however I quickly realised that I had left my notebooks back at Mayom hostel. I messaged Roong on Facebook and amazingly she was able Posted by Libbytes in PhD Celebration Travel | Jul 27, 2014
- Thailand - Bangkok: Het land van de glimlach ?Het afscheid van Nepal en Khem (hostel owner KTM) was zwaar en er zijn tranen bij te pas gekomen. In dit prachtige land met zijn super mensen heb ik de tijd van mijn leven gehad. Ik weet nu al 100% Posted by gdaniels in Around the world | Oct 21, 2014
- Workaway - prvi putNakon sto smo u 10 sati pojeli rucak kod nase sefice u My Phangan resortu, naprtili smo se na motoric i tih 15 min do ferrya molili Boga, ili u ovom slucaju-Buddhu, da nam ne puknu gume (bar ja). Posted by mokrebicve in Đita okoli svita | Oct 18, 2014
- Better late than neverWe continued our streak of waking up at the ass crack of dawn and somehow managed to not be hungover despite our discovery of Thai Whiskey yesterday afternoon. It's cheaper than beer was our motto/justification for drinking whiskey all throughout Posted by Justash2014 in Where's the Slime? | Oct 9, 2014
- Tajland pocetakBangkok, 23. - 28.9. 2014.
Couchsurfamo kod nase prve domacice na putu, Kineskinje imenom Lego kojoj je dosadilo rodno mjesto na jugu Kine pa se odlucila potraziti posao u Bangkoku. Patinivanje po ulicama, trznicama, razgledavanje Watova (budistic Posted by mokrebicve in Đita okoli svita | Oct 6, 2014
- BangkokWe’ve been in Bangkok for three days now and it’s been fun being back. I've blogged about Bangkok twice before (if you're looking for further information check out my first entry from 2011). There were only two reasons I decided Posted by mattld in An Irish and Spanish Lad Abroad | Oct 4, 2014
- A street procession for the Phuket Vegetarian Festival
The street procession on the penultimate day of the Phuket Vegetarian Festival is certainly a must for me to visit, this was 2013. Arriving early ( Posted by timinphuket in TiminPhuket - things to do | Oct 2, 2014
- Chiang Rai Sawatdee Khrap! We hit the one month mark today, so I thought it would be a good time to share a map of where we’ve been so far. Oooh, a map…
We originally planned to spend four weeks i Posted by mattld in An Irish and Spanish Lad Abroad | Oct 1, 2014
- Koh Phangan As soon as I stepped off the ferry I knew the place was very different to Samui. There was an overwhelming feeling of calmness and not the hustle bustle that Samui has - I felt chilled immediately.
My hostel was Posted by shirlstwirls in Thailand | Oct 1, 2014
- Becs' Bangkok So Bangkok...everyone told me Bangkok was crazy but Bangkok is CRAZY. Crossing the road is pretty much impossible, the green man does not mean it's safe to cross but is marginally preferable to the red man and motorbikes definitely Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Sep 30, 2014
- Buzzing BangkokSo we're two days in and doing well. Bangkok is pretty frenetic and it's HOT! Thankfully the hotel is a lovely little oasis, so have been coming back here to recover.
Day 1 was jet lag sleep, followed by a Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Sep 30, 2014
- Chiang MaiThat infamous phrase... 'I need a holiday after the holiday'... that’s how we were feeling by the end of Hong Kong. China couldn’t have been better but with so much to see there hasn't been a lot of time for Posted by mattld in An Irish and Spanish Lad Abroad | Sep 28, 2014
- Koh Samui & Rückreise nach BangkokNach nur 3 Nächten in Koh Phangan brachen wir auf Richtung Hafen, von wo aus wir mit einem Boot in circa einer Stunde nach Koh Samui reisten.
Unser Hotel das "Florist Resort" (und nicht "Lolita" wie die Taxifahrer annahmen) lag Posted by DMJH in Thailand & Australia 2014 | Sep 28, 2014
- Driving We are couple 50/60 years plan to drive from Surat Thani to bangkok.
Our travel plan is: Oct 25 start from Surat Thani, drive to Ranong, stay a night, then proceed to drive to Bangkok,stop 2 nights on the way, Posted by spchoo in surat thani to bangkok oct 25-28, 2014 | Sep 25, 2014
- Boat tripThe boat wasn't broken today so I got to go on the boat trip. Yey!
The minibus came to pick me up on the dot at 9 am and took me to the port where the boat was waiting. The Posted by shirlstwirls in Thailand | Sep 23, 2014
- Most frequently heard words in SamuiTaxi?
Hello lady! Taxi?
I've heard this several times a day whilst being in Samui. More than in Bangkok. But alas no, I don't require a taxi. I much prefer to walk.
Posted by shirlstwirls in Thailand | Sep 23, 2014
- Relaxing....oh and a little bit of partying!I've had a lovely time in Samui. I've felt very relaxed and chilled - which has been perfect. Over the last few days I've spent my time lazing on the beach. On the first day I found a perfect spot Posted by shirlstwirls in Thailand | Sep 22, 2014
- Wildlife spotting in PhetchaburiSteve and I left Bangkok on a minibus to phetburi where we checked into Mayom hostel. The owner there, Roong, was a lovely person. The hostel was new and really pretty, we were almost the first people to stay here!
We Posted by Libbytes in PhD Celebration Travel | Jul 25, 2014
- Bangkok with BenSteve and I flew back to Bangkok. And with Steve staying only a few days before going to Indonesia, Paul going to Chiang Mai before home and Steffi staying in Yangon for his Chinese visa, it was to be the Posted by Libbytes in PhD Celebration Travel | Jul 20, 2014
- Koh SamuiI decided to come to Koh Samui as it's a place I've always wanted to see. Sometimes it's worth having a goal and slowly working towards it.
I woke up at 6 am to get ready for my flight to Samui Posted by shirlstwirls in Thailand | Sep 18, 2014