- This cooking malarkey is easy...Today we had our Thai cooking classes. The course was held in Patong with a kick-off time of 3pm. As such, we were told to be at our hotel lobby for 2:30 for pickup. Ever the cautious pair, we arrived Posted by jefranklin in James & Heather Travelogues | Apr 7, 2006
- Walking with the Elephants - Part 4 The more time I spend in the village, the more I fall in love with my homestay. I am slowly figuring out this language called Pakinyaw, and there are major language barriers, but my family is lovely. Wampon and her Posted by LLWV in La Lone Wolfette Ventures | Apr 30, 2014
- Plans ChangeGeneral update, we have decided to leave Thailand. It was a tough decision but decided to resign from my dream position in Krabi. Many things were factored into this decision, including poor planning on my visa situation, a Posted by inbetweendreams in In Between Dreams | Apr 30, 2014
- Koh Samui So Terry and I made our way to Koh Samui, the largest and most touristic of the 3 islands that we had left to visit!
We made do in a cheap hostel for a couple of nights whilst we explored Posted by becs and terry in look out world .... ..here we come!! | Apr 28, 2014
- Songkran Holiday in Ubon Ratchathani (5)Wat Pah Nanachat in Ubon Ratchathani province is a branch unit of Wat Nong Pah Pong, the international monastery for people around the world to learn Buddhism. As mentioned previously, Wat Nong Pah Pong head of monk was Luang Phu Posted by kidd27 in Ubon Ratchathani | Apr 26, 2014
- Walking with the Elephants - Part 3Evenings have been filled with various activities. Every second Tuesday night is Quiz night. The quiz doesn’t have to be on any specific topic or focus, so it is just a complete surprise and a ton of fun! I believe Posted by LLWV in La Lone Wolfette Ventures | Apr 25, 2014
- Walking with the Elephants - Part 2Songkran is Thailand’s New Year celebration and typically equates to a massive constant water fight … up to 7 days long in places like Chiang Mai. I don’t have much more in depth information on the history of the celebration, Posted by LLWV in La Lone Wolfette Ventures | Apr 25, 2014
- Maya Bay Sleepaboard The only reason we went to Phi Phi was to do the Maya Bay sleep aboard trip and luckily that did not disappoint. Zach and I have read the book The Beach as well as seen the movie, and we Posted by inbetweendreams in In Between Dreams | Apr 25, 2014
- Koh Phi Phi=Overrated I hate Koh Phi Phi. I'm disgusted by it. I'm sitting in my grimey hotel room scared to touch the floor because of the lobster sized cock roaches roaming the tiles. And we even splurged on what Posted by inbetweendreams in In Between Dreams | Apr 25, 2014
- Koh Jum Take TwoI fell so hard and fast in love with the island of Koh Jum I couldn't bring myself to leave. We were out of the baht we brought for our few days on the island and our bungalow didn't Posted by inbetweendreams in In Between Dreams | Apr 22, 2014
- We found heaven on Koh JumKoh Jum is a tiny island off the coast of Krabi. It is very undeveloped and can be compared to the Thailand of 20 years ago, before the tourists ruined it. I got that impression immediately upon stepping Posted by inbetweendreams in In Between Dreams | Apr 22, 2014
- Songkran Holiday in Ubon Ratchathani (4)Wat Nong Pah Pong in Ubon Ratchathani is not exactly a temple by itself. It is more than a temple as the main attraction at this Thai wat is the 3 storey building that houses several historical items which are Posted by kidd27 in Ubon Ratchathani | Apr 19, 2014
- Songkran Holiday in Ubon Ratchathani (3)Songkran is more than water splashing and this new year celebration was originally started with the tradition of "rod nam dam hua" which is a Thai new year ritual to ask for forgiveness from the elderly for the past year Posted by kidd27 in Ubon Ratchathani | Apr 19, 2014
- Songkran Holiday in Ubon Ratchathani (2)Songkran holiday is one of the most important celebration throughout Thailand and the Thais together with foreign tourists would get into the festive celebration by indulging in water splashing and water shooting in embracing the new year. Other than thes Posted by kidd27 in Ubon Ratchathani | Apr 19, 2014
- Songkran Holiday in Ubon Ratchathani(1)This year I had yet another opportunity to celebrate Songkran festival in Ubon Ratchathani albeit a quiet holiday just like last year but was rather a meaningful celebration with an extended Thai family. The first day of Songkran holiday was Posted by kidd27 in Ubon Ratchathani | Apr 19, 2014
- Songkran and Chiang MaiFrom Sukhothai I caught a direct bus to chiang mai. Although this wasn't quite as VIP at my one from bangkok, it was still a double decker coach with comfortable seats. On the way there I began to experience what Posted by Libbytes in PhD Celebration Travel | Apr 17, 2014
- Sweaty BangkokArrived in Bangkok after a 6hr flight to Dubai and a 5.5hr flight from there. We shared a taxi with a couple we got chatting to at the airport to keep cost down. Checked in to our dorm, got speaking Posted by Zeddman in The Road to Rio | Apr 17, 2014
- Thailand's Golden Age HistoryAfter returning to Bangkok briefly from Kanchanaburi, Dan and I then headed out to Ayutthaya; one of Thailand's ancient cities. We stayed at a place I booked from home, Baan Are Gong guesthouse. A house made purely from teak wood, Posted by Libbytes in PhD Celebration Travel | Apr 10, 2014
- Thai Times - parents, birthdays and an underwater adventureWe’ve been quiet on the blog front since leaving Myanmar, but in the meantime we’ve had Rachel’s parents visit us on a two week holiday, have both celebrated our birthdays, become advanced SCUBA divers and begun to plan the next Posted by TessAndRach in Asian Adventure | Apr 16, 2014
- Let's start the adventureI am a little late starting this as we've already completed 7weeks of Asia but here we go.
Dec 14 2013 we got married - big bash with the best bunch. Two months of work then off we go for two Posted by Spacekidsam in Sam and Zane's Adventures | Apr 15, 2014
- Goodbye KoratQuote of the day: "Its time to move on...time to get going. What lies ahead I have no way of knowing. But under my feet babe, grass is growing. It's time to move on, time to get going"-Tom Posted by inbetweendreams in In Between Dreams | Apr 15, 2014
- Day 43Today I went to see some Tigers. On the way I stopped at some statues.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/658901/larg Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Apr 15, 2014
- Day 30 - nowI slept in a McDonalds today for the price of a tea (10 Canadian cents…). Straight up hobo styles. You missed some things, let me catch you up.
I was in Malaysia flip flopping around like a fish. I saw Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Apr 14, 2014
- In the tiger land....Another awesome animal encounter, this time with tigers at the Tiger Temple in Thailand. We patted and played with tiger cubs, shampooed and washed them, made them jump with cat toys and walked the adult tigers on a lead. We Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Apr 13, 2014
- Walking with the Elephants - Part 1
I spent two nights at the Eco Resort in Chiang Mai before my departure to Huay Pakoot. It was a lovely little place, and I absolutely loved the commun Posted by LLWV in La Lone Wolfette Ventures | Apr 12, 2014