- Maya Bay Sleepaboard The only reason we went to Phi Phi was to do the Maya Bay sleep aboard trip and luckily that did not disappoint. Zach and I have read the book The Beach as well as seen the movie, and we Posted by inbetweendreams in In Between Dreams | Apr 25, 2014
- Koh Phi Phi=Overrated I hate Koh Phi Phi. I'm disgusted by it. I'm sitting in my grimey hotel room scared to touch the floor because of the lobster sized cock roaches roaming the tiles. And we even splurged on what Posted by inbetweendreams in In Between Dreams | Apr 25, 2014
- Koh Jum Take TwoI fell so hard and fast in love with the island of Koh Jum I couldn't bring myself to leave. We were out of the baht we brought for our few days on the island and our bungalow didn't Posted by inbetweendreams in In Between Dreams | Apr 22, 2014
- We found heaven on Koh JumKoh Jum is a tiny island off the coast of Krabi. It is very undeveloped and can be compared to the Thailand of 20 years ago, before the tourists ruined it. I got that impression immediately upon stepping Posted by inbetweendreams in In Between Dreams | Apr 22, 2014
- Songkran Holiday in Ubon Ratchathani (4)Wat Nong Pah Pong in Ubon Ratchathani is not exactly a temple by itself. It is more than a temple as the main attraction at this Thai wat is the 3 storey building that houses several historical items which are Posted by kidd27 in Ubon Ratchathani | Apr 19, 2014
- Songkran Holiday in Ubon Ratchathani (3)Songkran is more than water splashing and this new year celebration was originally started with the tradition of "rod nam dam hua" which is a Thai new year ritual to ask for forgiveness from the elderly for the past year Posted by kidd27 in Ubon Ratchathani | Apr 19, 2014
- Songkran Holiday in Ubon Ratchathani (2)Songkran holiday is one of the most important celebration throughout Thailand and the Thais together with foreign tourists would get into the festive celebration by indulging in water splashing and water shooting in embracing the new year. Other than thes Posted by kidd27 in Ubon Ratchathani | Apr 19, 2014
- Songkran Holiday in Ubon Ratchathani(1)This year I had yet another opportunity to celebrate Songkran festival in Ubon Ratchathani albeit a quiet holiday just like last year but was rather a meaningful celebration with an extended Thai family. The first day of Songkran holiday was Posted by kidd27 in Ubon Ratchathani | Apr 19, 2014
- Songkran and Chiang MaiFrom Sukhothai I caught a direct bus to chiang mai. Although this wasn't quite as VIP at my one from bangkok, it was still a double decker coach with comfortable seats. On the way there I began to experience what Posted by Libbytes in PhD Celebration Travel | Apr 17, 2014
- Sweaty BangkokArrived in Bangkok after a 6hr flight to Dubai and a 5.5hr flight from there. We shared a taxi with a couple we got chatting to at the airport to keep cost down. Checked in to our dorm, got speaking Posted by Zeddman in The Road to Rio | Apr 17, 2014
- Thailand's Golden Age HistoryAfter returning to Bangkok briefly from Kanchanaburi, Dan and I then headed out to Ayutthaya; one of Thailand's ancient cities. We stayed at a place I booked from home, Baan Are Gong guesthouse. A house made purely from teak wood, Posted by Libbytes in PhD Celebration Travel | Apr 10, 2014
- Thai Times - parents, birthdays and an underwater adventureWe’ve been quiet on the blog front since leaving Myanmar, but in the meantime we’ve had Rachel’s parents visit us on a two week holiday, have both celebrated our birthdays, become advanced SCUBA divers and begun to plan the next Posted by TessAndRach in Asian Adventure | Apr 16, 2014
- Let's start the adventureI am a little late starting this as we've already completed 7weeks of Asia but here we go.
Dec 14 2013 we got married - big bash with the best bunch. Two months of work then off we go for two Posted by Spacekidsam in Sam and Zane's Adventures | Apr 15, 2014
- Goodbye KoratQuote of the day: "Its time to move on...time to get going. What lies ahead I have no way of knowing. But under my feet babe, grass is growing. It's time to move on, time to get going"-Tom Posted by inbetweendreams in In Between Dreams | Apr 15, 2014
- Day 43Today I went to see some Tigers. On the way I stopped at some statues.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/658901/larg Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Apr 15, 2014
- Day 30 - nowI slept in a McDonalds today for the price of a tea (10 Canadian cents…). Straight up hobo styles. You missed some things, let me catch you up.
I was in Malaysia flip flopping around like a fish. I saw Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Apr 14, 2014
- In the tiger land....Another awesome animal encounter, this time with tigers at the Tiger Temple in Thailand. We patted and played with tiger cubs, shampooed and washed them, made them jump with cat toys and walked the adult tigers on a lead. We Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Apr 13, 2014
- Walking with the Elephants - Part 1
I spent two nights at the Eco Resort in Chiang Mai before my departure to Huay Pakoot. It was a lovely little place, and I absolutely loved the commun Posted by LLWV in La Lone Wolfette Ventures | Apr 12, 2014
- Enchanting elephantsStarted off our 2 day tour today with Bangkok Day Tours at the floating markets where we boarded a boat and explored the canals with market stalls on the banks and little old ladies paddling their own boats laden with Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Apr 12, 2014
- One night in Bangkok....Spent the day exploring the highlights of Bangkok with 'M" from BKK Tours. Had a great time - transporting via taxi, Tuk Tuk and canal boat.
China town was huge, the Grand Palace inspiring but one of the main highlights was Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Apr 12, 2014
- 27th Jan-9th April: Final blog - bye Sai Moon - to London++MONDAY 27th JANUARY
I don't have any classes on Mondays so today I used the time to bring this blog up to date and to sort out some recovered photos.
[/b] TUESDAY 28th JANUARY[/b]
There was a lengthy teachers meeting with the Director Posted by talismanic in Alistair in Thailand 2012 to 2014 | Apr 11, 2014
- Bangkok - a city of extremes and superlativesThen: Ready for take-off
When: 01.04.2014; 20:45 pm
Now: 2 flights, 2 countries, 1 stop over, little sleep and 20 hours later…
Wh Posted by alexandra we in In between Dreams | Apr 9, 2014
- Pai - Part 4This entry is a bit different. It is a compilation of fragmented moments, flashes of memories, whims of emotions, insights and experiences. A snapshot telling of my three weeks, in a very messy order!
I was sitting eating a papaya salad Posted by LLWV in La Lone Wolfette Ventures | Apr 9, 2014
- Northern Thailand & Kuala LumpurMarch 5th - March 18th
Wow! How time flies, cant believe it has been a month since I packed all my bags and left Kabin! It has been a busy busy month though and ive enjoyed every second. Travelling! – It’s Posted by bethcairns in Mai Pen Rai | Apr 7, 2014
- Finishing up in BangkokYes, I know it's been a while since we were actually in Thailand to now write about our time there, but we have simply been having too much fun travelling to keep our blog up to date :) That, and Posted by TJKJ in Adventure of a lifetime | Apr 6, 2014