- Never Rush A Good ThingThere is one thing that is guaranteed: If you are doing your job just for the money you won't be lying on your deathbed wishing you'd spent more time in the office. So many people spend their lives waking at Posted by zwillenberg in Around The World In 80 Years | Jan 20, 2015
- Southeast Asia, Australia, Ireland and many moreWell here we go, it's time to travel and it is time to blog - both things that are new for me and my wife Sherry. Today we sit at Toronto's Pierson International Airport awaiting our 9:40 departure to Posted by Shewy in It is, What it is | Jan 19, 2015
- Chai Lai Orchid Resort and Elephant SanctuaryA day and a half of travelling finally brought us to the Chai Lai Orchid Resort, north of Chiang Mai on a small river that runs out of the mountains beyond.
Our little "serene bungalow" is perfectly set among the pathways Posted by alangcampbell in Thailand: A Cultural Exposure Tour | Jan 19, 2015
- We've Arrived in Thailand!A lovely day (Mon Jan 19th!) dawning in Bangkok as we wait for our final flight to Chiang Mai, with Catriona still knitting her way across the world!
The "land of smiles" and flowers even makes Ronald McDonald a little more Posted by alangcampbell in Thailand: A Cultural Exposure Tour | Jan 18, 2015
- ThailandWe arrived around 10am for a quick stay. We jumped a taxi as the beaches were on the opposite sky of the island to where we anchored. We enjoyed a cheap massage before heading back to the ship. Next time Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Jan 17, 2015
- ThailandSaturday was our last day in Bangkok and we did a local tour of the city's Wat's (temples). We started out at the Golden Buddha. Here we saw a buddha made of 5.5 tonnes of gold. Originally is was covered Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Jan 17, 2015
- Bang Pa-In Royal PalaceBang Pa-In Royal Palace was located within Ayutthaya province which was also well known for its historical park and a visit to the Ayutthaya Historical Park shall also incorporated a tour of Bang Pa-In Royal Palace. The palace was built Posted by kidd27 in Exploring Bangkok | Jan 17, 2015
- ThailandWe arrived at Bangkok Port around 2pm on Thursday afternoon. There seemed to be an issue with transport so you had to book a bus to the city, we managed to get tickets for the 2.30pm bus. The drive to Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Jan 16, 2015
- Laos into Thailand (via Isaan)Awoke in the wee hours and quiet serenity, just in time to see the gorgeous sunrise over the Meekong.
Took a share bus from Don Khong to Pakse, and then connected at the terminal for another bus, west bound into Thailand. Posted by SkinnyFists in Tales from the Transit Lounge | Jan 14, 2015
- BKK - I love this city!
There is no city quite like Bangkok.
Urban Thais are super funky, fashionable, friendly and really know how to enjoy themselves.
On the other side, you can see how Posted by SkinnyFists in Tales from the Transit Lounge | Jan 13, 2015
- Thailand - Koh Phi PhiFeeling ready for a more chilled island feel, we were both excited to arrive in Koh Phi Phi. The boat journey across took just short of 2 hours and we could see the difference immediately between Phuket and here. It Posted by Mikeandsarah in Asia, Australia & Anywhere in between | Jan 13, 2015
- Touching down in Thailand
I was looking forward to the South East Asia portion of our trip but it seemed to perpetually be a month away so I was particularly excited when we touched down in Posted by tylerandshawna in Tyler and Shawna's Great Adventure | Jan 10, 2015
- BangkokAfter perhaps the longest travel day in history, we are finally settled in at our home for 2 days, the Omni Hotel, in Bangkok. It feels like we're staying in the fancier "business district", fairly far away from party central, Posted by WarrJenn in S.E. Asia and Australia | Jan 7, 2015
- Thailand - Phuket3.1.15-6.1.15
After such a dreadful journey (Sarah barfing in the airport and a 1 hour flight) all we wanted to do when we arrived in Phuket was head to bed. We chose to stay in Patong which is the popular Posted by Mikeandsarah in Asia, Australia & Anywhere in between | Jan 5, 2015
- Thailand - One night in Bangkok1.1.15-3.1.15
Continuing with the cultural exploring, when we woke up for our first morning in Bangkok (2.1.15), we decided to go in search of the Wat Po temple (Reclining Buddha). After paying double the price, due to Sarah's poor ability Posted by Mikeandsarah in Asia, Australia & Anywhere in between | Jan 5, 2015
- A couple of weeks in ThailandThailand
We didn’t really get off to a good start in Thailand. Don Mueng International Airport for the low cost airlines is so poorly organized from the immigration queue to the queues for the baggage and then the horrendous queues for Posted by Deb_Scott in Eat. Drink. See & Do. | Jan 2, 2015
- Good Morning 2015!!!!Morning Revellers!!
It’s a short n sweet one from us today - we just want to say a huge “Sawatdee Pii Mai” (Happy New Year in Thai!) to all our friends and family back in blighty.
We hope you’ve all Posted by katiejason in Katie & Jason's Round the World Trip | Dec 31, 2014
- Thailand#Bangkok#South islands[float=left][/float]Bangkok : yes again I am back haha but Bangkok has something special.
We had a really great coffee at Arom Dii Coffee near Ko san Road,if you feel have one, I advise you that one.
Regarding the islands, I have not Posted by celia0409 in EYL and keep travelling | Dec 29, 2014
- Cabbages and CondomsOn our 3 hour journey to Chang Rai we made a rest stop half way through.
So this exists....
Because the hill tribes and Posted by ushanthi91 in Seriously | Dec 24, 2014
- Lady BoysThailand - one of the few places on the planet where it's the boys who get sexually harassed on the street not the girls.
After out cooking lessons, we went to drag Cabaret. Very funny and wow some of them Posted by ushanthi91 in Seriously | Dec 24, 2014
- Thai Cooking Class
Got dropped off at the markets where our chef explained how to shop for good quality ingredients. Apparently I don't need to buy chillies cuz I'm already hot - so said the chef. Man he's g Posted by ushanthi91 in Seriously | Dec 24, 2014
- Ushanthi' Dream Comes True
I've been waiting almost 14 years to eat Rambutan again. Saw it at one of the street stalls for 100 baht. OMG they are every bit as amazing as I remember them from my childhood. Totally m Posted by ushanthi91 in Seriously | Dec 24, 2014
- Ushanthi's Fortune Comes True?Upon arriving at the hotel I was annoyed and gutted to find out that some world class douche bag had broken into my second brand new luggage. And being the convinient dim wit they are - they changed he numerical Posted by ushanthi91 in Seriously | Dec 24, 2014
- 'Twas the night before ChristmasFirst things first ……… MERRY CHRISTMAS FOLKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It’s actually pretty hard for us to believe that today is Christmas Eve when we’re s Posted by katiejason in Katie & Jason's Round the World Trip | Dec 24, 2014
- The King is goodWe have been told multiple times that the people of Thailand love their monarchs. There are monuments to the Thai King on nearly every corner. The Thai people love their King. Stepping on a bank note will get you one Posted by Iztravelling in Seriously | Dec 24, 2014