- Elephant Toots Part 2By Wednesday I was the dirtiest I have ever been. Not in a I've-been--having-fun-in-a-mudr-pit way but in a every-liquid-I-have-consumed-in-the-last-three-months-has-been-sweated-out-and-caked-back-on-by-Thailand-dust-and-elephant-poo kind of way. We've t Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Nov 6, 2015
- Elephant Toots Part 1Monday morning we had said goodbye to Tae and were stuffed inside a cab and whizzing down the highway by 6am. We had to be at the big Mo Chit bus station across town by 7:30 to meet our guide Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Nov 6, 2015
- Khon Kaen 2 & Happy Healing Home 1The Mindfulness Project was a wonderful experience: full of joy and love, sharing and learning, letting go and relaxing, just being together and letting others in.
The project had been closed for a bit before we came, which made it that Posted by KiwiChocoTrip in KiwiChocoTrip | Nov 4, 2015
- Ancient City @ Samut Prakan ProvinceAncient City was located in Samut Prakan province just outside of Bangkok metropolitan and this bizarre replicas park featuring the many important structures in the olden days of Siam (now Thailand) serving as vital information and knowledge to be preserv Posted by kidd27 in Exploring Bangkok | Nov 1, 2015
- Dolphins in Phuket, Thailand
We left Cape Panwa Hotel at approximately 3 o'clock in the afternoon - it looked like a lovely day - there were people canoeing and you can see Posted by timinphuket in TiminPhuket - things to do | Nov 1, 2015
- 12 Hours in Bangkok We have not stopped moving since Tuesday morning and here are the things I have learned in the last 5 days. You don't need as much sleep as you would like, I am super lucky to have the husband I Posted by TriciaAri in Asian Honeymoon | Oct 31, 2015
- Ko Lanta & Khon Kaen 1The people of Thailand have truly touched and inspired us with their kindness, respect towards each other and the Divine, their care for family and their unconditional giving nature.
On the island Koh Lanta where we stayed for 4 days, Buddhists Posted by KiwiChocoTrip in KiwiChocoTrip | Oct 22, 2015
- BURN THE HOUSE DOWNToday was easily a Top 10 day for me on this trip. We had agreed months ago that if we made it to Thailand we would sign up for a cooking class. Way to go, past selves, that was an Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Oct 30, 2015
- What is it? I'll take two.Thursday we switched from Laksameenarai Guesthouse to the lovely home of Gina's friend Tae. Tae is a Bangkok native and she and Gina used to work together in Washington DC. Now Tae is back in Bangkok with her family and Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Oct 18, 2015
- Today I was eaten by carnivorous fishWe finally made it to the Grand Palace complex. We were going to go the other day but we got as far as the gate and a guard stopped Gina and said her pants (cut to mid calf) weren't appropriate Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Oct 18, 2015
- Wat Pho, BangkokWell we made it to Bangkok, which makes this our sixth country and third continent on this trip. Crazy, right? I'd be lying if I said we weren't feeling the miles by this point. But we're in Thailand! No time Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Oct 18, 2015
- Baan Silapin, The Artist's House
Boarding the boat at Taling Chan Pier for canal tour and to get to Baan Silapin
Other highlights at Taling Chan Floating Market other than the seafood treat is the canal tour Posted by kidd27 in Exploring Bangkok | Oct 17, 2015
- Taling Chan Floating MarketFloating markets have been a trademark in Thailand's tourism products ever since Damnoen Saduak Floating Market gained its foothold as one of the unique canal boat tour which incorporates the food sale to tourists on boat or sampan in particular Posted by kidd27 in Exploring Bangkok | Oct 17, 2015
- Talad Or Tor Gor (Or Tor Gor Market)
Main entrance to Or Tor Gor Market
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/88431/DSCN0013.jpg caption Posted by kidd27 in Exploring Bangkok | Oct 17, 2015
- Sawadee-ka!And so the big adventure across the water towards kiwiland has begun. Nothing can stop us now! Well, except a two month stopover in Thailand. It seemed like a good idea at the time... The first ten days were kept Posted by KiwiChocoTrip in KiwiChocoTrip | Oct 14, 2015
- Bangkok - First ImpressionsIf you were in Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi Airport in the morning of the 7th October, you may have seen an over-packed tourist trying to pick up all his dropped cards and papers off the floor. Yep, ashamed to say, that was Posted by Dan Dyson in Impromptu Man Dan | Oct 7, 2015
- Saving the Gibbons and Good Curry[center][/center]
Phuket is one of Thailand’s largest tourist hubs, and ended up being a great place to meet up with friends, and make some new ones. Coming together from Ireland, Japan, a Posted by acanuckabroad in A Canuck Abroad | Oct 4, 2015
- I'm on a Boat! (Phi Phi style)[center][/center]
Our motley crew of Irish, Canadian, and Kiwi/Irish/Japanese spent four days on [[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phi_Phi_Islands|Phi Phi Island]] (pronounced Pee Pee), bu Posted by acanuckabroad in A Canuck Abroad | Oct 4, 2015
- Muay Thai in Phuket==Muay Thai Training==
I've been studying Muay Thai for a couple of years now, and decided to go back to Phuket where I discovered it first.... and try out some new camps.
It was a brilliant trip, and I gained yet more Posted by SkinnyFists in Tales from the Transit Lounge | Oct 3, 2015
- From London to Saigon via BangkokTurned up at Heathrow to the pleasant news that I had been given a premium economy seat. However the flight was delayed, so took the opportunity to have a hearty breakfast.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/675503/IMG_20150923_233704.jpg caption=L Posted by liamwimbo in Vietnam2015 | Sep 29, 2015
- 17 Interesting Facts About Thailand You Did not KnowThe Southeast Asian country of Thailand is a very well-known destination around the world. Majorly because of its beaches, sizzling nightlife, natural therapies (massages), and hospitality. However, there is a lot more attached to this country than just b Posted by NomadicDave in Travel Abroad For a Meaningful Purpose | Sep 22, 2015
- Khao Sok LakeWe moved out of our cozy jungle bungalow and had a bit more French toast before taking off on our tour. We all jumped in a songtao to go to the dammed lake. There were a few German friends, a Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Sep 21, 2015
- Tour through Khao SokEven with our tricky mosquito net that didn't like night time bathroom runs, we didn't get eaten by the bugs. Our wake up calls came from gibbons, birds, and Ryan's favourite, the cicada squeal. He probably still cringes thinking about Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Sep 5, 2015
- Days 11 & 12Our day started with a fairly lazy morning and some breakfast. We took the train as close as we could to the temples we wanted to see, and then hopped into a Tuk Tuk to get us the rest Posted by Bucky Slomski in Southeast Asia 2015 | Aug 27, 2015
- Days 9 & 10Day 9 began with a short walk to our dive shop and a quick breakfast at their restaurant across the street. We got fitted, suited up, and got on a taxi to the pier.
Posted by Bucky Slomski in Southeast Asia 2015 | Aug 26, 2015