- Christmas Eve morningChristmas Eve.
We are officially running really really low on money. Worryingly so. We are budgeting 700tbh each per day including accommodation, travel and food for the rest of our trip- I haven't even got souvenirs or Christmas presents yet! Yesterday Posted by Kirstyonwroot in England to South East Asia | Dec 23, 2013
- Waterfalls and mopeds Waterfalls and mopeds. Brad, our two friends and I rented some mopeds for a couple of days to explore the island. We started off really really slow but by the end we were racing around. The terrain was not always Posted by Kirstyonwroot in England to South East Asia | Dec 23, 2013
- Full moonFull moon
I woke up yesterday morning after full moon party on Haad Rin beach feeling spritely. No hangover and in a great mood. I got out of bed after 4 hours sleep having stumbled to bed at 5.30am and strolled Posted by Kirstyonwroot in England to South East Asia | Dec 23, 2013
- Khao Sok National Park, ThailandIt's Chris again. Zoë managed to contract tonsilitus for most of this section of the trip so it's up to me to write the blog.
Khao Sok National Park is a large area of jungle and limestone karsts in central Thailand. Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Dec 22, 2013
- Day 5 - The longest dayWe were up early (yet again) and made our way to Huamphalong rail station in central Bangkok.
We arrived at about 7.10am and rushed to the ticket counter to buy two train tickets to Surat Thani (a town in Southern Posted by MealsEeles in Asian Adventure | Dec 22, 2013
- Day 4 (PM) - Crossing the borderWe reached Poipet at about 2pm and went through the process to leave Cambodia. We then walked over a bridge to the Thai side, which is called Aranyaprathet, and went through the process to enter Thailand. Our fingerprints were scanned, Posted by MealsEeles in Asian Adventure | Dec 21, 2013
- Food photosBore Da, pawb
Struggling to get this blog to display our photos, but may have found a work around. Food is the big feature of our trip so far - we are all eating really well, particularly the local chow. A Posted by hirnant in The Jones' go to Asia | Dec 21, 2013
- Bangkok ... City of extremesI know ... it's about time we report! It seems like we haven't had time for ages ... Plus Bangkok didn't make us any less tired!
Not sure how to describe Bangkok. Still undecided on whether it's a curse or feast Posted by carmomo in New Zealand and South East Asia | Dec 20, 2013
- Return to SE Aisia - part of the "pastures new" projectSo for the second time in 2013 we are retuning to SE Asia. We decided that after another gruelling summer season in Salou that another trip would be just reward and make it all worth while. We saved hard and Posted by Gingertoad in Return to SE Asia | Dec 20, 2013
- Bangkok Calling, Déjà vuReturning to Thailand it felt strangely quiet. Nobody was trying to sell us anything and nobody was shouting at us in the street. There were times in Vietnam when we weren't sure how we would cope if there was no Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Dec 19, 2013
- The Airline Turdturd (tûrd)
1. A piece of excrement.
I felt compelled to write a quick little piece about our flight to Chiang Mai. First of all, flying is the way to go. We've done the overnight cockroch infested train that goes Posted by Rizz23 in Allen's Interracial Race Across Asia | Dec 18, 2013
- Full moon soonSo now we are in lime n soda backpackers. Our little doggy friend left us the night before last after a good three meals, shower, shampoo and blow dry, tick removal and a sleep in a towel I donated to Posted by Kirstyonwroot in England to South East Asia | Dec 18, 2013
- Koh ChangOur flight landed in the small area of Trat where we were staying for one night before transferring to the island of Koh Chang. At every airport so far there has been a parade of taxis waiting outside the terminal Posted by EastWest-Sweets in Team Sweets Asian Adventure!! | Dec 17, 2013
- PaiAfter spending a week or so in Chiang Mai we heard that Pai was a must..... a perfect getaway in the valleys of the mountains. So we booked ourselves a hut just outside town and caught a bus to joins Posted by becs and terry in look out world .... ..here we come!! | Dec 16, 2013
- Phuket, Thailand (26th - 27th November)I didn't actually see any of Phuket, aside from the airport, but still, that's where I re-entered Thailand. Jamie and Martta had been in Khao Lak, which wasn't far away, so Phuket was the best place for me to fly Posted by chantalpatton in Travel Patton | Dec 16, 2013
- Bangkok, Thailand (14th - 20th November)From the bus station we took a taxi to our first accommodation in Bangkok - Siam Journey Guesthouse. It wasn't located in the greatest area, from a tourism point of view, but it was a nice hostel. It has rave Posted by chantalpatton in Travel Patton | Dec 16, 2013
- Day 61-62 Phuket
Unfortunately Karon beach on Phuket is every thing that is wrong about tourism. The town could be any of the package holiday destinations found in a budget Thomas Cook brochure. The area Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Dec 16, 2013
- Chiang MaiChiang Mai is a culturally and historically fascinating city. Its located at the foot of the Himalayan Mountains 700 km north of Bangkok, and until the 1920's could only be reached by elephant trek or river boat helping to preserve Posted by becs and terry in look out world .... ..here we come!! | Dec 16, 2013
- A legal AlienLiving and working in a foreign country can be a giant headache sorting out long term visas and work permits. Thailand is no exception. I was fortunate to secure a 90 day visa in the US, but it was Posted by inbetweendreams in In Between Dreams | Dec 15, 2013
- Chiang RaiWe made the 3 hour bus trip up through the mountains to Chaing Rai. With only a couple days to see the sights we were on road the next morning to see Wat Rong Khun AKA The White Posted by EastWest-Sweets in Team Sweets Asian Adventure!! | Dec 15, 2013
- A new friend
It's our third day in koh Phagnan. Last night we went for a walk down to the beach and had a play on the rope swing on the beach. It was really funny until this dog that we had played Posted by Kirstyonwroot in England to South East Asia | Dec 15, 2013
- Oct 28th-10th Dec: School reopens..new passport..protests++Monday 28th October – Saturday 30th November
My school duly opened on Monday 28th October but not many students turned up probably because all other schools nearby opened a week later. In any event, nothing much happened and there were no Posted by talismanic in Alistair in Thailand 2012 to 2014 | Dec 14, 2013
- My Chiang MaiWe arrived on Saturday evening in Thailand's second largest city just in time to see the sun setting over the mountains to the west. After a quick drive to the East side of the old city we settled in Posted by EastWest-Sweets in Team Sweets Asian Adventure!! | Dec 14, 2013
- Trunks of happiness in Chiang Mai![float=left][/float]The kids are in love with the bus we took from Bangkok to Chiang Mai. We woke up early Posted by Octobrianna in Can We Cope Man? | Dec 13, 2013
- Diving in koh Tao
Koh Tao has been amazing. We spent 4 days doing our PADI course- the first two were theory and the second two were diving in the sea. The first pool dive was a challenge because we learnt how to set Posted by Kirstyonwroot in England to South East Asia | Dec 13, 2013