- The MBK Center and Siam CentralOne thing I did not realise when I booked a hotel next door to the National Stadium Skytrain Station in Bangkok was that I would be next door to the most expansive shopping mall I had ever seen. I had Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Mar 6, 2013
- THE DIESEL DISCO TO CHAING MAI"Where is the room?'. In draining heat in the jungle village, after several hours of sweaty trekking jungle the guide gestured towards a shared hut with granite hard beds. "Where is the toilet?". The guide pointed Posted by gavinbose in All YOU CAN SEE ASIAN BUFFET | Mar 6, 2013
- AyutthayaAyutthaya lies 52 miles (85 kilometres) north of Bangkok and was one of the ancient capitals of Thailand until it was destroyed by the invading Burmese Army in 1767. For over 400 years it prospered and was covered in temples Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Mar 5, 2013
- Moving OnAfter 10 months living, working and diving in Thailand, I packed up my entire life into my black suitcase and said goodbye to everyone on Koh Tao. I was surprised, as I sat on the ferry and watched the island Posted by bgriffs in A Barefoot Existence | Mar 5, 2013
- The Phi Phi Islands, Thailand
The Phi Phi Islands (Thai: หมู่เกาะพีพี, Thai pronunciation: [pʰīː pʰīː]) are located in Thailand, between the large island of Phuket and the w Posted by THEBOSPHORUS in Places To See Before You Die | Mar 5, 2013
- Wat Arun and Wat PhoI must have been th only person on the two legs of my flight from Muscat to Bangkok (via Karachi) not returning or leaving home in Pakistan laden down with extra baggage. My flight arrived in Bangkok 7am so having Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Mar 4, 2013
- Koh Kut8 hours of bus, a night at Trat and an hour and half of ferry from the national park : Koh Kut, a not so small island but quiet empty.
4 days of beach, snorkeling, nap, waterfall, sunset walk, nap, Posted by ChachaInAsia in Trip through Asia, from India to Japan! | Mar 4, 2013
- The laid back island of Koh LantaThe ferry crossing from Krabi /Ao Nang area to Koh Lanta took around 2.5 to 3 hrs. Ko Lanta is an island around 35km in length and 6 km wide. It's really beautiful with fantastic beaches stretching alone the west Posted by Waldos on Tour in Rice, Noodles and Kangaroos | Mar 4, 2013
- Bangkok Part IIAs I'm sure the avid readers of my blog remember, my last stay in Bangkok was a very nightlife heavy experience. This time I was determined to explore the many places I hadn't yet seen and get the most out Posted by oli.heeley in SE Asia | Mar 3, 2013
- Koh MakWell, I let the blog slide again during my 4 week period volunteering, which meant I never blogged my progress just before. Looking back now I realise that 6 weeks can feel like a lifetime when travelling.
Going from Laos to Posted by oli.heeley in SE Asia | Mar 3, 2013
- "Bangkok has them now"What to say about Bangkok? If Bangkok were a song, it would be Dick Dale's 'Misirlou'. It’s loud, brash, and unashamedly so. The first night we arrived we only had time (and energy) to venture out for food in our Posted by kate1401 in The World Ahead | Feb 28, 2013
- THAI A YELLOW RIBBONSweaty palmed, my chest beating into my ribcage like a locomotive engine. Standing in line at Bangkok customs was an agonising eternity. The thump of the stamp sparked my imagination. Did it foretell the bang of the judges Posted by gavinbose in All YOU CAN SEE ASIAN BUFFET | Feb 28, 2013
- Khao Yai National ParkFrom Khorat to Pak Chong by bus and a sorng taa ou later I'm in my guest house near the Khao Yai National Park.
The afternoon the guide help use discover a bat cave, dark and full of strange spider. Posted by ChachaInAsia in Trip through Asia, from India to Japan! | Feb 28, 2013
- Khon Kaen and KhoratAfter the mad road trip, I spend the day resting before taking a night bus to Khon Kaen. The east of Thailand is touristless, maybe for good reasons you can say but I enjoyed my time there. People were even Posted by ChachaInAsia in Trip through Asia, from India to Japan! | Feb 28, 2013
- 4th-17th FEB: Back to Thailand..O-Net exam..Burma ?.Mor Lam+MONDAY 4th FEBRUARY
A busy day tying up many loose ends before I left including packing up the aforementioned book and taking it down to the post office and ironing and packing and so on.
I also went to the nearest branch Posted by talismanic in Alistair in Thailand 2012 & 2013 | Feb 27, 2013
- The next chapter of "3 Weeks in Thailand"[center]We arrived in Chiangmai at about 6am, and naturally, what with us being westerners, it being breakfast time, and us being in Thailand, we went to McDonalds..!
It just doesn't taste the same - which is probably a good thing!
We Posted by Lady Mantle in Off to China | Feb 25, 2013
- Shopping in BangkokWe got up this morning and had a few cups of coffee downstairs in our hotel before we headed out. We set of walking to Siam Square. It is quite a long walk and we asked a few tuk-tuk drivers Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Feb 25, 2013
- 3 weeks in Thailand....![center]With our bags packed and our sleepy but excited selves at the ready, we left our warm apartment and ventured out into the -5 degree weather of China and hopped into a taxi.
Half an hour later we were at Posted by Lady Mantle in Off to China | Feb 24, 2013
- Visa Runs.Day 385 – Monday 11th February – Day 398 – Sunday 24th February
Yet again, a rather uneventful blog update for you guys, can’t apologize as I am enjoying life too much. When I left you, I was on my way Posted by travellingjoe in Joe's blog | Feb 24, 2013
- South ThailandArriving back in Bangkok, where it all began just three months before, felt very surreal. This time we arrived under infinitely better circumstances, for one I had my luggage and wasn't throwing up my stomach lining, but also, the city Posted by ShaunYardley in Planes, trains & the occasional tuk-tuk | Feb 24, 2013
- Exploring Krabi Cath's accommodation strategy and record is flippin incredible. And once again she pulled one out the bag, this time with a bit of a twist.
After arriving in Krabi quite late, we caught a cab about 30 km north west Posted by Waldos on Tour in Rice, Noodles and Kangaroos | Feb 24, 2013
- Ayutthaya to Bangkok by trainWe got up bright and early today as we wanted to get to Bangkok early in case we had trouble finding accommodation in the area we wanted. We wanted to stay more central than the backpacking haven of Khao San Posted by Chelsandliam in Powered by Noodles | Feb 24, 2013
- The Gulf islands of Koh Samui and Ko Tao After a bit of a journey involving 4 taxis, 2 flights, 1 bus trip and a 4 hour nap over at a budget Bangkok airport hotel (all within 24 hrs) we finally hit the sandy shores of Koh Samui.
Arriving Posted by Waldos on Tour in Rice, Noodles and Kangaroos | Feb 24, 2013
- beginning of our travels!So we arrived after a long flight. the first one was definitely more comfy, however the second flight where we wanted to sleep wasnt so roomy! typical. but we arrived safely, deciding to take the train was a very new Posted by Sophie_241 in Our big adventure | Feb 24, 2013
- Lets get advanced!So we re now certified scuba divers! Woohoo!
This has been a dream of mine for a long time. In fact I wanted to be a marine biologist when I was younger but those dreams were put aside when my Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Feb 23, 2013