- Shopping and a little bit more shoppingVery lazy few days for us, due to being very tired and bad weather. On Thursday we just decided to go to the shopping centre over the road from us (a very busy road so it entails going down to Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Mar 22, 2014
- The 1st Few DaysHola!
Having promised myself and the grandparents that I would write something along the way, I'm now unsure where to start writing!
The first few days have been fantastic and so far so good with all the logistics so fingers crossed the Posted by RachelandGeoff in Exploring on a trip of a life time | Mar 21, 2014
- Chiang Mai - Part 3I had read in my Lonely Planet travel guide about the Women’s Prison Massage Centre, and loved the concept!! Instead of just keeping these women locked up in prison, doing general duties around their compound – they are learning a Posted by LLWV in La Lone Wolfette Ventures | Mar 21, 2014
- Thailand - Chiang Mai and SukhothaiChiang Mai is the second largest city in Thailand, but we found it to have a small town feel. Not that it didn't have energy or huge numbers of people, markets and cars/ motorcycles, because it did, but the Posted by KathleenandDave in Our Great Escape | Mar 20, 2014
- BangkokAfter so much swimming the day before, Bill and I both woke up with ear problems yesterday morning and spent the day having to shout at each other to be heard. After waiting for thirty minutes yesterday morning, we were Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Mar 20, 2014
- Cooking with YaAfter being very lazy around the pool for the first part of our time here we've been a little bit more active - on Monday we did a long tail boat trip out to a group of small islands just Posted by FandC in Antipodean Antics | Mar 18, 2014
- AND BACK TO CHIANG MAI WE GO! THEN BACK TO BANGKOK AS WELL!MONDAY 24TH FEBRUARY 2014 (DAY 177)
Today was used up by the drive back to Chiang Mai. We broke up the journey by stopping at the hot springs on the way down for some refreshments and to stretch our Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2015 tour de spoke n stroke | Mar 18, 2014
- BOUNCING FROM THE NORTH TO THE SOUTH BACK TO THE NORTHFRIDAY 21ST FEBRUARY 2014 (DAY 174)
We had a great breakfast this morning at Pai Country restaurant in the Main Street - so good I can say the best Thai breakfast to date, with shakes that looked a little obscene but Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2015 tour de spoke n stroke | Mar 18, 2014
- Chiang Mai - Part 2During my stay in Chiang Mai, I am residing at a lovely Hostel named AOI Home Garden. It is within the walls of the Old City and is the most pleasant little paradise … at a whooping $4 per night!! Posted by LLWV in La Lone Wolfette Ventures | Mar 17, 2014
- FURTHER NORTH WE DRIVE TO PAI THE HARD WAY!WEDNESDAY 19TH FEBRUARY 2014 (DAY 172)
After another lovely breakfast of bacon & eggs prepared by our host Debbie we slowly started to pack up our stuff and vacate the house we had overtaken for the last 2 days. It Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2015 tour de spoke n stroke | Mar 17, 2014
- TO THE NORTH WE GO! A SHORT VERSION[i][b]HELLO AVID READERS,
IF THERE ARE ANY OF YOu LEFT, I NEED TO DO A FAST FORWARD TO TRY AND CATCH UP TO REAL TIME. NOT MUCH bAbbLE HERE AND JuST A COuPLE OF Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2015 tour de spoke n stroke | Mar 17, 2014
- Thailand - The Islands
When we booked our flights before we left Canada, we booked all of our major flights, through to Penang. The rest of the trip would be left to our whims. After investigating boats, buses Posted by KathleenandDave in Our Great Escape | Mar 15, 2014
- Phuket, Thailand [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/631888/C05D0DB52219AC68176BDE8876456DC5.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/631888/thumb_C05D0DB52219AC68176BDE Posted by Perrsue in Sue's world | Mar 15, 2014
- Photos from Coromandel, Bangkok, Krabi and update on travelsHi everyone,
We are now at Krabi or to be more exact Ao Nang which is a short distance from Krabi. The weather is as hot as we have experienced this holiday and we are currently poolside in Posted by FandC in Antipodean Antics | Mar 14, 2014
- Batman and BuddhismToday we have the 12 hours in a minivan we organised with the local travel agent. Hm. Already questioning the sanity of that decision. It arrived just after 10am, we gave the driver our receipt and got a voucher in Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Feb 23, 2014
- Chiang Mai - Part 1Biggest mistake up to date? Not packing a pair of tried and true flip flops/sandals. As I will soon be living on a mountain slope for 6 months, I overlooked my favorite pair of flip flops and thought it best Posted by LLWV in La Lone Wolfette Ventures | Mar 13, 2014
- Our Cooking Was the Real Hero of the DishCourtesy of Bobby Doyle, we had a cooking class scheduled for today that would hopefully end our frustrations with non-spicy Thai food once and for all. Now we would be able to make our curry as spicy as we Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Feb 22, 2014
- Temples, Buddhas, and a Few Hundred StairsWe started our first day back in Thailand with brekky at a nice restaurant in a laneway parallel to ours. We have decided Chiang Mai is the Melbourne of Thailand. Lots of alleyways, kitschy coffee shops, graffiti, hipsters etc. We're Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Feb 21, 2014
- Schools out for SummerI have officially completed my first semester as an English teacher at a government high school in Thailand and it feels good to be finished. I am happy for the experience, but I am glad for the break. A typical Posted by inbetweendreams in In Between Dreams | Mar 11, 2014
- GOODBYE ISLANDS, HELLO BANGKOK!MONDAY 10TH FEBRUARY 2014 (DAY 163)
Sadly, today it was time to move on and depart our little piece of paradise in Koh Pangyan. The day turned out to be a pretty shitty day for me, everything seemed to go wrong.
Initial Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2015 tour de spoke n stroke | Mar 10, 2014
- KOH SAMUI, THAILAND
Koh Sami is a small island (just 13 miles long and 9 miles wide) but it is certainly on the world’s map of a great place for a beach vacation. We arrived at 10am, an Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Mar 9, 2014
- 2013 B6 OCEANIA - BANGKOK 2
SOMETHING OF A CHANGE OF PACE TODAY.
GONE ARE THE CROWDS OF PEOPLE AS I GET A PRIVATE TOUR OF THE PRASART MUSEUM.
A PRIVATE COLLECTION BY A RICH, MAKE THAT Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 23, 2005
- 2013 B5 OCEANIA - BANGKOKBANGKOK
The boat is able to navigate a long way up river & we are parked quite close to down town Bangkok...
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/645621/large_P1030660.jpg Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 23, 2005
- Bangkok We had been warned. Our reading and the shipboard presentations all told of the traffic in Bangkok, and it is true: expect heavy, wild traffic in Bangkok. We left the ship slightly before the appointed time, and already our guide, Posted by MarilynWhiteley in Little Red Wheelchair Goes to SE Asia | Mar 7, 2014
- 2013 B4 OCEANIA - KO SAMUI, THAILAND===MORNING HAS BROKEN OVER KO SAMUI ISLAND===
GOING TO BE A BIT MORE EXOTIC FOR A WHILE AFTER SINGAPORE
Today w Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 23, 2005