- TWO NIGHTS IN BANGKOK BEFORE WE COMMENCE OUR HOME JOURNEY.
MONDAY 24TH MARCH 2014 (DAY 205)
Another early start, we were at breakfast by 8am. Just had it at POP's for convenience. Songtaew arrived at 9.30 to take us to the b Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2013-14 ARM & LEG TOUR DE FRANCE | Mar 28, 2014
- What Wat? So after a dreadful nights' sleep due to jet lag I decided to move to my next hostel - Hi Mid Bangkok - via taxi. I hailed one from outside link corner and it took me right there, only it Posted by Libbytes in PhD Celebration Travel | Mar 28, 2014
- The return of the Buddha HeadAfter being in Bangkok for a week, we needed to have some washing done; looking at the prices in this hotel we worked out it would cost us nearly sixty pounds if the hotel did it! Looking on line we Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Mar 28, 2014
- Pai - Part 2My day commenced with a very sore foot. As I wobbled around KK Hut, I prepared to break the news to Kwan that I would need to be checking out and moving somewhere not so far from town. Luckily she Posted by LLWV in La Lone Wolfette Ventures | Mar 27, 2014
- Thailand - BangkokVery few people we talked to liked Bangkok. "It's just a big city" they said. We respectfully disagree. It may be a big city, but it was a beautiful city as well. It has an energy and a pulse like Posted by KathleenandDave in Our Great Escape | Mar 27, 2014
- So this is it... I'm finally here!So apparently you need proof of onward travel to enter bangkok... seems obvious, but as I spent the last 3 months planning whether or not to buy a microfibre towel, I neglected to fully research this problem. I was under Posted by Libbytes in PhD Celebration Travel | Mar 27, 2014
- Out and AboutBangkok is very spread out, it has a population of about eight million people and is said to have six million cars on the roads. There is no central area, so if you want to go sightseeing you Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Mar 26, 2014
- Pai - Part 1This day. Get prepared! This is when some things aligned in life, one thing led to another, paths were crossed and I found myself exactly where I didn’t know that I needed to be.
I woke up to a symphony Posted by LLWV in La Lone Wolfette Ventures | Mar 26, 2014
- Chiang Mai to PaiUp to this point, I had been basically just hanging out by myself. I really do love having a lot of time to myself – doing what I want, having time to write and talk with friends and family – Posted by LLWV in La Lone Wolfette Ventures | Mar 25, 2014
- The Golden Buddha On Sunday (well we think it was Sunday, we are really struggling to work out what day it is and we always have to look up the date) we set off for some sightseeing.
The sky train network is really Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Mar 24, 2014
- Shopping and a little bit more shoppingVery lazy few days for us, due to being very tired and bad weather. On Thursday we just decided to go to the shopping centre over the road from us (a very busy road so it entails going down to Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Mar 22, 2014
- The 1st Few DaysHola!
Having promised myself and the grandparents that I would write something along the way, I'm now unsure where to start writing!
The first few days have been fantastic and so far so good with all the logistics so fingers crossed the Posted by RachelandGeoff in Exploring on a trip of a life time | Mar 21, 2014
- Chiang Mai - Part 3I had read in my Lonely Planet travel guide about the Women’s Prison Massage Centre, and loved the concept!! Instead of just keeping these women locked up in prison, doing general duties around their compound – they are learning a Posted by LLWV in La Lone Wolfette Ventures | Mar 21, 2014
- Thailand - Chiang Mai and SukhothaiChiang Mai is the second largest city in Thailand, but we found it to have a small town feel. Not that it didn't have energy or huge numbers of people, markets and cars/ motorcycles, because it did, but the Posted by KathleenandDave in Our Great Escape | Mar 20, 2014
- BangkokAfter so much swimming the day before, Bill and I both woke up with ear problems yesterday morning and spent the day having to shout at each other to be heard. After waiting for thirty minutes yesterday morning, we were Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Mar 20, 2014
- Cooking with YaAfter being very lazy around the pool for the first part of our time here we've been a little bit more active - on Monday we did a long tail boat trip out to a group of small islands just Posted by FandC in Antipodean Antics | Mar 18, 2014
- AND BACK TO CHIANG MAI WE GO! THEN BACK TO BANGKOK AS WELL!MONDAY 24TH FEBRUARY 2014 (DAY 177)
Today was used up by the drive back to Chiang Mai. We broke up the journey by stopping at the hot springs on the way down for some refreshments and to stretch our Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2013-14 ARM & LEG TOUR DE FRANCE | Mar 18, 2014
- BOUNCING FROM THE NORTH TO THE SOUTH BACK TO THE NORTHFRIDAY 21ST FEBRUARY 2014 (DAY 174)
We had a great breakfast this morning at Pai Country restaurant in the Main Street - so good I can say the best Thai breakfast to date, with shakes that looked a little obscene but Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2013-14 ARM & LEG TOUR DE FRANCE | Mar 18, 2014
- Chiang Mai - Part 2During my stay in Chiang Mai, I am residing at a lovely Hostel named AOI Home Garden. It is within the walls of the Old City and is the most pleasant little paradise … at a whooping $4 per night!! Posted by LLWV in La Lone Wolfette Ventures | Mar 17, 2014
- FURTHER NORTH WE DRIVE TO PAI THE HARD WAY!WEDNESDAY 19TH FEBRUARY 2014 (DAY 172)
After another lovely breakfast of bacon & eggs prepared by our host Debbie we slowly started to pack up our stuff and vacate the house we had overtaken for the last 2 days. It Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2013-14 ARM & LEG TOUR DE FRANCE | Mar 17, 2014
- TO THE NORTH WE GO! A SHORT VERSION[i][b]HELLO AVID READERS,
IF THERE ARE ANY OF YOu LEFT, I NEED TO DO A FAST FORWARD TO TRY AND CATCH UP TO REAL TIME. NOT MUCH bAbbLE HERE AND JuST A COuPLE OF Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2013-14 ARM & LEG TOUR DE FRANCE | Mar 17, 2014
- Thailand - The Islands
When we booked our flights before we left Canada, we booked all of our major flights, through to Penang. The rest of the trip would be left to our whims. After investigating boats, buses Posted by KathleenandDave in Our Great Escape | Mar 15, 2014
- Phuket, Thailand [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/631888/C05D0DB52219AC68176BDE8876456DC5.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/631888/thumb_C05D0DB52219AC68176BDE Posted by Perrsue in Sue's world | Mar 15, 2014
- Photos from Coromandel, Bangkok, Krabi and update on travelsHi everyone,
We are now at Krabi or to be more exact Ao Nang which is a short distance from Krabi. The weather is as hot as we have experienced this holiday and we are currently poolside in Posted by FandC in Antipodean Antics | Mar 14, 2014
- Batman and BuddhismToday we have the 12 hours in a minivan we organised with the local travel agent. Hm. Already questioning the sanity of that decision. It arrived just after 10am, we gave the driver our receipt and got a voucher in Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Feb 23, 2014