- Thailand - Bangkok pt. 1[center]On the Monday morning we ate a final breakfast on the beach at Koh Tao before boarding a Tuk Tuk from Palm Leaf resort back to the pier in time to catch the morning ferry to Chumpon. As an observatory Posted by Daft Slags Do.. in Daft Slags Do...East to West | Feb 16, 2016
- Day 148: Phi Phi ViewpointStarted the day with a great French breakfast: croissant, baguette with butter and jam that doesn't give you a toothache, some fruit and juice - very nice! I then made my way to a beach I passed yesterday, just a Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Feb 15, 2016
- Taxi ShenanigansAfter a couple of early mornings, our final day in Bangkok allowed for a sleep in before a late breakfast. I went for an early morning walk and was fortunate enough to come across a morning monk chanting session at Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Feb 15, 2016
- Day 147: Moh Dee beachFirst day in Phi Phi and I decided to walk to Moh Dee beach which I read is supposed to be very nice and a bit quieter. Only left around 11 am though and therefore had to do the one Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Feb 14, 2016
- Day 146: To Phi PhiTook the ferry from Lanta to Phi Phi today. Got picked up at the hostel at noon, the ferry left at 1 pm and about 1.5 hours later we were in Phi Phi. Two girls from England left the hostel Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Feb 13, 2016
- The monk and the missing lensToday was our earliest start yet meeting our guide Em at 6:00am for the 1 hour drive to Bang-Pa and Ayutthaya. Breakfast was shared with some school children at a local village. Fried chicken, pork mince with snake beans, sticky Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Feb 15, 2016
- Day 145: Around Koh LantaWhen I was having breakfast this morning and diligently writing my blog, I got asked by Gus from Argentina whether I'd like to join him and Julia and Sabrina from Germany on a little motorscooter tour and some beach time. Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Feb 12, 2016
- The devil green chilli at the floating marketOut early this morning for the 1 hour drive to the floating markets. Last time I was in Thailand we visited a floating market frequented by western tourists and touts in boats. This time I asked for an authentic market Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Feb 14, 2016
- Trains, long boats & Tuk TuksThe morning started with a ride on an old diesel train to one of the poorer neighbourhoods in Bangkok. Safety in Bangkok is an individual choice, during the train ride we stuck our heads out the window to observe life Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Feb 13, 2016
- Follow that Monk!Wat a day! I know, pretty bad. But Wat's and monks seem to be all over the place!
Today we went in search of Wat Chedi Luang which dates back to the 14th century and offers an op Posted by luluandkiki in Supertrip 2016 | Feb 13, 2016
- Day 144: Four IslandsAs announced, today I went snorkeling. We went on a long tail boat and were about 20 people, so not too bad - we saw other boats with way more people. After a very adventurous climb down onto the boat Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Feb 11, 2016
- Chiang MaiWe arrived in Chiang Mai at 10 pm and on the way to our hotel we caught glimpses of the night hustle and bustle of the countless food stalls and night markets in full swing. It was quite a long Posted by luluandkiki in Supertrip 2016 | Feb 12, 2016
- Wat a day in BangkokAfter a long day transiting from Melbourne to Bangkok we were both happy when our heads finally hit the pillow for the evening.
At 6:00am we were both woken up by the morning's various classes in the park across the Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Feb 12, 2016
- You've been a gem Koh LantaAfter 10 beautiful 30+°C days on Koh Lanta we thought it was time to leave and see the rest of this amazing country.
Posted by luluandkiki in Supertrip 2016 | Feb 12, 2016
- Day 143: SlothI was a sloth today. Not that I was hanging from a tree all day, but in the German sense - Faultier, the literal translation for it being lazy animal ;) I spent all day at the beach, reading, swimming, Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Feb 10, 2016
- Day 142: Ferry rideI basically spent all day on the ferry from Koh Lipe to Koh Lanta today. There would have been the option to go direct by speedboat in 3 hours, but 3 hours on a bumpy speedboat didn't sound like much Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Feb 9, 2016
- Day 141: Last day in Koh LipeAfter breakfast I went to Pattaya beach and read a little. In the early afternoon I took care of my ferry booking to Koh Lanta and also decided I need a new bikini and a new dress, given that my Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Feb 8, 2016
- Day 140: ShadyToday was the first really nice day on Koh Lipe as far as the weather goes - blue sky and proper sunshine. So after a nice breakfast I made my way over all the way west of Pattaya beach to Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Feb 7, 2016
- Sustainable Development InternshipI am receiving a scholarship from the Freeman Foundation under the condition that I complete an internship abroad. I am so grateful not only that I am receiving the scholarship but that it is pushing me to pursue an internship Posted by juliaaugh in Thailand 2016 | Feb 8, 2016
- Day 139: Family 1 & Family 2I spent the day with my new friends from Switzerland. We met noonish and then took a taxi boat for a short ride up the coast to the little Pitiusas resort. They only have a small beach but there are Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Feb 6, 2016
- Day 138: HealingThe day started very uneventfully: I spent my time way past noon just lying on my belly reading a book as I could not move very much, lathering myself every once in a while in a cooling gel I bought. Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Feb 5, 2016
- 5 Island Snorkel TourWe went on a 5 island snorkel tour with a traditional long tail boat to 5 smaller islands south of Koh Lanta. It was a full day of adventure and lucky for us the weather turned cloudy in the afternoon Posted by luluandkiki in Supertrip 2016 | Feb 5, 2016
- Day 137: And finally... the burnWoke up pretty early (must be the jet lag from Malaysia to Thailand ;) ) but since no one in my room was showing any movement I didn't want to start rustling about and rather dozed forever to the soothing Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Feb 4, 2016
- Day 136: Crossing the borderI had booked the boat to Koh Lipe for the afternoon with a pick-up from the hostel at 12.15 pm so that left me plenty of time to get ready, pack and eat something. Immigration in Malaysia went smoothly and Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Feb 3, 2016
- Ben is just too tall for Asia!
Posted by Benannatravels in South East Asia and Australia | Feb 3, 2016