- Chiang KhongDay 8 - Trip to Chiang Khong
The final leg of our trip in Thailand, until after our visit to Vietnam, commenced with a 7 hour journey by mini bus to Chiang Khong which is located right on the Thailand/Laos border. Posted by Ronantattan in Ronan and ciaras south east asia trip | Mar 3, 2016
- Chiang MaiDay 5 - Train to Chiang Mai
After a nice lazy morning at the hotel, we boarded the train for Chiang Mai at 1.30 pm. No sooner were we on the train, but we were given some lunch which consisted of Posted by Ronantattan in Ronan and ciaras south east asia trip | Mar 3, 2016
- Koh SamuiMarch 1
First things first, here is a pic of the guy sleeping on my deck.
So I got a ride to the Lomprayah terminal to catch the 9:30 am ferry to Koh Samui. The fer Posted by Samchow58 in The next chapter | Mar 2, 2016
- Khong Chiam After getting ready and hurrying to the front desk, we relaxed hearing the news that buses to Khong Chiam left every half hour. We went for an early lunch to use the better wifi and eat more fried rice, not Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Feb 29, 2016
- Exploring Ubon Ratchathani templesWe lazed around in the morning, savouring the comfy bed as last night the receptionist had informed us that they'd mistakenly put us in the wrong room and we'd be switching today. We also had to fight with the wifi Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Feb 29, 2016
- Snorkelling and Diving in Koh TaoFebruary 27
Got my bearings this morning.....headed out and realized that I either had to rent a scooter (too dangerous - dirt roads) or pay for a taxi to take me to all the nice beaches (way too much money). Posted by Samchow58 in The next chapter | Feb 29, 2016
- Thailand: Chiang MaiAfter the 2 days of character-building in Ayutthaya we were happy to be on our way. We (excuse the pun) wolfed down some food at a café opposite the train station and after a bit of sweaty waiting around we Posted by advensha in Advensha | Feb 29, 2016
- PhitsanalukDay 4 - Head for the North
Getting up early is part and parcel of travelling so there's nothing like a 6am start to get you moving in the morning.
We made our way to the main Huamphlong railway station using skytrain Posted by Ronantattan in Ronan and ciaras south east asia trip | Feb 28, 2016
- BangkokDay 1 Bangkok - The Adventure begins
After travelling from Ireland for nearly 24 hours, we were delighted to have reached our first stop on our 2 month adventure in south east asia.
Having been in bangkok in 2010 on my previous Posted by Ronantattan in Ronan and ciaras south east asia trip | Feb 28, 2016
- Day 159: One night in BangkokI basically spent the whole day travelling all the way from Koh Tao to Bangkok which took roughly 11 hours. Got picked up at 9 am, took the ferry at 10.30 am (with only a 15 min delay which was Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Feb 26, 2016
- Day 158: TattooedWanted to make my last day on Koh Tao another relaxed one and so went to the beach. Only the water was extremely high and there was hardly any beach to spread one's towel. Found a spot that was a Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Feb 25, 2016
- Travel Day to Koh TaoMy flight to Koa Samui left at 12:50 pm. Met a wonder couple from Germany, chatted the whole two hour flight with them. Once I landed, I made my way to the ferry terminal. Got my tickets and Posted by Samchow58 in The next chapter | Feb 26, 2016
- Thailand: AyutthayaThe local train from Hua Lamphong in Bangkok to Thailand's old capital Ayutthaya took 3 hours and cost a princely 60p for the two of us. The ride was clammy to say the least. Out bare skin adhered itself to Posted by advensha in Advensha | Feb 26, 2016
- Day 157: All snorkeled outSince my last snorkeling experience was so disappointing, I was set on snorkeling once more on Koh Tao. So I had booked a half day trip for today that would leave two hours later and hit all the snorkeling spots Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Feb 24, 2016
- Elephants, Mud, and Fun... Oh No!February 25
Today was one of the best ever!!!! I spent the day at the Elephant Jungle Sanctuary. They are located approximately 60 km from the city of Chiang Mai and is an ethical and sustainable eco-tourism project.
This Posted by Samchow58 in The next chapter | Feb 25, 2016
- Day 156: To Koh TaoI was supposed to be picked up to go to the pier shortly before 11 am but the taxi took its sweet ass time... so I had plenty of time to watch people still coming from the beach, covered in Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Feb 23, 2016
- Day 155: Full Moon Party...So this was the day of the (in)famous Full Moon Party and I hate to say it, but I kind of missed it... :/ Had a relaxed day at the beach while it was getting busier and busier in Haad Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Feb 22, 2016
- Thailand - Koh Mak[center]Our small mini bus left Bangkok at 8am on Friday 22nd January. We were cramped inside for a 5 & 1/2 hour journey with a young couple who were constantly taking selfies - a picture of the inside of a Posted by Daft Slags Do.. in Daft Slags Do...East to West | Feb 24, 2016
- Cooking schools to Temples!!February 24
Baan Thai Cooking Schooll picked me up at 9:00 am. We stopped at the Somphet Market and our guide went over all the spices, vegetables, and meats and fish that are sold there.
The twirly thing above the meat Posted by Samchow58 in The next chapter | Feb 24, 2016
- Thailand "the Land of Smiles"February 22
I flew out of Hanoi at 9:30 am and landed in Bangkok at 11:15 am. I stopped off at the cell phone counter to get a SIM card for my phone and headed off to get Posted by Samchow58 in The next chapter | Feb 23, 2016
- Back to BangkokWe were in Chiang Mai for two nights this time round and the charms of this city always make it difficult to leave. It is hard not to love its slower pace of life, 14th century temples, vegetarian restaurants, imposing Posted by luluandkiki in Supertrip 2016 | Feb 23, 2016
- Day 154: Ang Thong Marine ParkAfter a mere three hours of sleep my day trip to the marine park started with a ride on the back of a pickup truck to the pier at Ban Tai. The boat was much bigger than I anticipated or Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Feb 21, 2016
- Day 153: Unexpected party animalThe first time I woke up was around 6.30 am and believe it or not, on the beach the music was still playing! I fell back asleep though and when I got up a little later, I used the morning Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Feb 20, 2016
- What I have been up toChinese New Years
We thought they were clearing the street for the parade but it was just so the princes could drive through, then they let everyone back in the street and made the parade (one dragon) navigate the crowds.
[img=http://photos.travellersp Posted by juliaaugh in Thailand 2016 | Feb 21, 2016
- Ayutthaya & Lopburi==I've moved! ==
You can continue reading my letters following the link below!
See you there ;)
No Posted by chb00001 in Letters from Charlotte | Feb 21, 2016