- Becs' Bangkok So Bangkok...everyone told me Bangkok was crazy but Bangkok is CRAZY. Crossing the road is pretty much impossible, the green man does not mean it's safe to cross but is marginally preferable to the red man and motorbikes definitely Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Sep 30, 2014
- Buzzing BangkokSo we're two days in and doing well. Bangkok is pretty frenetic and it's HOT! Thankfully the hotel is a lovely little oasis, so have been coming back here to recover.
Day 1 was jet lag sleep, followed by a Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Sep 30, 2014
- Chiang MaiThat infamous phrase... 'I need a holiday after the holiday'... that’s how we were feeling by the end of Hong Kong. China couldn’t have been better but with so much to see there hasn't been a lot of time for Posted by mattld in An Irish and Spanish Lad Abroad | Sep 28, 2014
- Koh Samui & Rückreise nach BangkokNach nur 3 Nächten in Koh Phangan brachen wir auf Richtung Hafen, von wo aus wir mit einem Boot in circa einer Stunde nach Koh Samui reisten.
Unser Hotel das "Florist Resort" (und nicht "Lolita" wie die Taxifahrer annahmen) lag Posted by DMJH in Thailand & Australia 2014 | Sep 28, 2014
- Driving We are couple 50/60 years plan to drive from Surat Thani to bangkok.
Our travel plan is: Oct 25 start from Surat Thani, drive to Ranong, stay a night, then proceed to drive to Bangkok,stop 2 nights on the way, Posted by spchoo in surat thani to bangkok oct 25-28, 2014 | Sep 25, 2014
- Boat tripThe boat wasn't broken today so I got to go on the boat trip. Yey!
The minibus came to pick me up on the dot at 9 am and took me to the port where the boat was waiting. The Posted by shirlstwirls in Thailand | Sep 23, 2014
- Most frequently heard words in SamuiTaxi?
Hello lady! Taxi?
I've heard this several times a day whilst being in Samui. More than in Bangkok. But alas no, I don't require a taxi. I much prefer to walk.
Posted by shirlstwirls in Thailand | Sep 23, 2014
- Relaxing....oh and a little bit of partying!I've had a lovely time in Samui. I've felt very relaxed and chilled - which has been perfect. Over the last few days I've spent my time lazing on the beach. On the first day I found a perfect spot Posted by shirlstwirls in Thailand | Sep 22, 2014
- Wildlife spotting in PhetchaburiSteve and I left Bangkok on a minibus to phetburi where we checked into Mayom hostel. The owner there, Roong, was a lovely person. The hostel was new and really pretty, we were almost the first people to stay here!
We Posted by Libbytes in PhD Celebration Travel | Jul 25, 2014
- Bangkok with BenSteve and I flew back to Bangkok. And with Steve staying only a few days before going to Indonesia, Paul going to Chiang Mai before home and Steffi staying in Yangon for his Chinese visa, it was to be the Posted by Libbytes in PhD Celebration Travel | Jul 20, 2014
- Koh SamuiI decided to come to Koh Samui as it's a place I've always wanted to see. Sometimes it's worth having a goal and slowly working towards it.
I woke up at 6 am to get ready for my flight to Samui Posted by shirlstwirls in Thailand | Sep 18, 2014
- Koh PhanganNach der 16 stündigen Reise, von Bangkok nach Koh Phangang und einer abenteuerlichen Taxifahrt, auf einem umgebauten Pickup, kamen wir endlich in unserem "Great View Resort" an. Die Aussicht von der Bungalow-Anlage wurde ihrem Namen gerecht.
[img=htt Posted by DMJH in Thailand & Australia 2014 | Sep 14, 2014
- Krabi and Koh Phangan Trip[left]Life as we know it. Wake up early in the morning, going to the office or maybe library for the whole day doing research for my PhD. Reading books, journals, articles and writings are at my nature now. Then Posted by sapikstockbusz in My Journey of Wonderful World | Sep 13, 2014
- The First In My Family To Visit Asia
Thailand.....The Land of Smiles....and home to some of the world's most breath taking beaches! Never in a million years did I ever think I would travel to this mysterious, Posted by adventuresam89 in An Adventure Like No Other | Sep 13, 2014
- English, Italian or Thai?I must remember to stop speaking Italian in Thailand!
(For all of you who don't personally know me, you might think it strange for me to write this, so I'll explain. I'm English, but I work at an international Posted by shirlstwirls in Thailand | Sep 13, 2014
- Sightseeing so far.....I've spent the last few days since coming back from Koh Samet sightseeing. I've travelled on the MRT (Bangkok's efficient and super cheap metro system) so many times that it's like my second home!
I've so far visted the Jim Posted by shirlstwirls in Thailand | Sep 13, 2014
- Thailand[i][center]Thailand.. what can I say except : WOW
Why did I choose Thailand ? When I was in intership in a real estate agency in 2011, one of my colleague explained me that he had a house over there and he Posted by celia0409 in EYL and keep travelling | Sep 13, 2014
- China Town und Reise nach Koh PhanganNachdem wir uns ausnahmsweise einen längeren Schlaf als gewöhnlich gegönnt hatten ging es zunächst auf die Khao San Road, auf der sich tagsüber Verkaufsstand an Verkaufsstand reit. Auch wir fanden etwas brauchbares für uns und machten anschließend einen A Posted by DMJH in Thailand & Australia 2014 | Sep 11, 2014
- Altstadt und DowntownErstmal ausgeschlafen und dann ging es in die Altstadt von Bangkok.
Unser erstes Ziel war der Grand Palace, Wat phra kaeo und anschließend besuchten wir Wat Po, wo sich die größte Buddha Statue der Welt befindet.
Das Wetter Posted by DMJH in Thailand & Australia 2014 | Sep 9, 2014
- Southern ThailandBy now, those of you following our blog know that we joined forces with the Drurys in Bangkok and the plan was to spend the following two and half weeks together exploring the capital and some of the islands further Posted by gregandissy in There and back again | Sep 9, 2014
- Koh SametFrom Bangkok I took a 3 hour bus ride to the port with lots of English people. My friend who left the school I currently work in (to work in Bangkok) invited me along. This was very entertaining as Posted by shirlstwirls in Thailand | Sep 6, 2014
- Bangkok BeginningsHow do I begin? How did it all begin? It has been a truly affirming and encouraging beginning to my Asian odyssey, since hugging my teary eyed mum and sisters goodbye at Auckland airport.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/699586/IMG_29566603733053 Posted by Dominasia in DOM'S ASIA DAYS | Sep 7, 2014
- Thursday 4th SeptemberNot a great exploring day today. Woke up in the early hours of the morning with an excruciating headache which lasted most of the day. Effects of jet lag apparently. Ufff!
Slept in late and was too wiped out to Posted by shirlstwirls in Thailand | Sep 3, 2014
- Feeling at home in BangkokWe arrived in Bangkok from Siem Reap. Everyone in the group had been to Bangkok before, but stayed in a different district, AND... they all hated the city. So my mission, as designated tour guide, was to change all their Posted by Libbytes in PhD Celebration Travel | Jun 29, 2014
- Tip of the day.Having Google maps is a wonderful thing. To not have it is just stupid. I spent ages wandering around with the Lonely Planet Bangkok map trying to locate a museum in sweltering heat. Gave up in the end.
I really Posted by shirlstwirls in Thailand | Sep 4, 2014