- Ko Samui, ThailandWe arrived off the island of Ko Samui in the early predawn and were safely anchored at 07:00. We were booked on a shore excursion and were assembled at 07:15 and soon after were escorted onto a local vessel Posted by greynomadm in 2014-03 - Ocean Princess | Apr 4, 2014
- Across the Gulf of ThailandThe sunrise this morning was quite spectacular as we sailed slightly South of Westward. Joined Jenny for breakfast and then she went off to Tai Chi, I went down to the Cabaret Lounge for the cooking demonstration by the Posted by greynomadm in 2014-03 - Ocean Princess | Apr 3, 2014
- Tha Rua Chinese Shrine[center][center][/center][/center][center][/center]
The site of this Shrine is actually not the original site - I was not aware of this until I started to write this post. Apparently the Posted by timinphuket in TiminPhuket - things to do | Apr 3, 2014
- Koh LantaKoh Lanta is a paradise island; it is the largest island (about eighteen miles long by six miles wide) off the coast of South Thailand. Everybody is very relaxed here and it has a perfect mellow vibe, it has beautiful Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Apr 2, 2014
- Trains, buses and motorbikesWell, we have eventually got to the island of Koh Lanta, but it has taken three days and over twenty hours travelling and a change of hotel, but we are here.
Saturday morning we left early for the train Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Mar 31, 2014
- Walking on the beaches, looking at the peaches.===After the hectic late nights of Bangkok, I was looking forward to some relaxing time on the famous Thai beaches. There’s been plenty written about the choices people have when it comes to beaches in Thailand and mostly it’s true. Posted by stuartfinch in Somewhere Over The Urals. | Mar 30, 2014
- TWO NIGHTS IN BANGKOK BEFORE WE COMMENCE OUR HOME JOURNEY.
MONDAY 24TH MARCH 2014 (DAY 205)
Another early start, we were at breakfast by 8am. Just had it at POP's for convenience. Songtaew arrived at 9.30 to take us to the b Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2013-14 ARM & LEG TOUR DE FRANCE | Mar 28, 2014
- What Wat? So after a dreadful nights' sleep due to jet lag I decided to move to my next hostel - Hi Mid Bangkok - via taxi. I hailed one from outside link corner and it took me right there, only it Posted by Libbytes in PhD Celebration Travel | Mar 28, 2014
- The return of the Buddha HeadAfter being in Bangkok for a week, we needed to have some washing done; looking at the prices in this hotel we worked out it would cost us nearly sixty pounds if the hotel did it! Looking on line we Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Mar 28, 2014
- Pai - Part 2My day commenced with a very sore foot. As I wobbled around KK Hut, I prepared to break the news to Kwan that I would need to be checking out and moving somewhere not so far from town. Luckily she Posted by LLWV in La Lone Wolfette Ventures | Mar 27, 2014
- Thailand - BangkokVery few people we talked to liked Bangkok. "It's just a big city" they said. We respectfully disagree. It may be a big city, but it was a beautiful city as well. It has an energy and a pulse like Posted by KathleenandDave in Our Great Escape | Mar 27, 2014
- So this is it... I'm finally here!So apparently you need proof of onward travel to enter bangkok... seems obvious, but as I spent the last 3 months planning whether or not to buy a microfibre towel, I neglected to fully research this problem. I was under Posted by Libbytes in PhD Celebration Travel | Mar 27, 2014
- Out and AboutBangkok is very spread out, it has a population of about eight million people and is said to have six million cars on the roads. There is no central area, so if you want to go sightseeing you Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Mar 26, 2014
- Pai - Part 1This day. Get prepared! This is when some things aligned in life, one thing led to another, paths were crossed and I found myself exactly where I didn’t know that I needed to be.
I woke up to a symphony Posted by LLWV in La Lone Wolfette Ventures | Mar 26, 2014
- Chiang Mai to PaiUp to this point, I had been basically just hanging out by myself. I really do love having a lot of time to myself – doing what I want, having time to write and talk with friends and family – Posted by LLWV in La Lone Wolfette Ventures | Mar 25, 2014
- The Golden Buddha On Sunday (well we think it was Sunday, we are really struggling to work out what day it is and we always have to look up the date) we set off for some sightseeing.
The sky train network is really Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Mar 24, 2014
- Shopping and a little bit more shoppingVery lazy few days for us, due to being very tired and bad weather. On Thursday we just decided to go to the shopping centre over the road from us (a very busy road so it entails going down to Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Mar 22, 2014
- The 1st Few DaysHola!
Having promised myself and the grandparents that I would write something along the way, I'm now unsure where to start writing!
The first few days have been fantastic and so far so good with all the logistics so fingers crossed the Posted by RachelandGeoff in Exploring on a trip of a life time | Mar 21, 2014
- Chiang Mai - Part 3I had read in my Lonely Planet travel guide about the Women’s Prison Massage Centre, and loved the concept!! Instead of just keeping these women locked up in prison, doing general duties around their compound – they are learning a Posted by LLWV in La Lone Wolfette Ventures | Mar 21, 2014
- Thailand - Chiang Mai and SukhothaiChiang Mai is the second largest city in Thailand, but we found it to have a small town feel. Not that it didn't have energy or huge numbers of people, markets and cars/ motorcycles, because it did, but the Posted by KathleenandDave in Our Great Escape | Mar 20, 2014
- BangkokAfter so much swimming the day before, Bill and I both woke up with ear problems yesterday morning and spent the day having to shout at each other to be heard. After waiting for thirty minutes yesterday morning, we were Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Mar 20, 2014
- Cooking with YaAfter being very lazy around the pool for the first part of our time here we've been a little bit more active - on Monday we did a long tail boat trip out to a group of small islands just Posted by FandC in Antipodean Antics | Mar 18, 2014
- AND BACK TO CHIANG MAI WE GO! THEN BACK TO BANGKOK AS WELL!MONDAY 24TH FEBRUARY 2014 (DAY 177)
Today was used up by the drive back to Chiang Mai. We broke up the journey by stopping at the hot springs on the way down for some refreshments and to stretch our Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2013-14 ARM & LEG TOUR DE FRANCE | Mar 18, 2014
- BOUNCING FROM THE NORTH TO THE SOUTH BACK TO THE NORTHFRIDAY 21ST FEBRUARY 2014 (DAY 174)
We had a great breakfast this morning at Pai Country restaurant in the Main Street - so good I can say the best Thai breakfast to date, with shakes that looked a little obscene but Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2013-14 ARM & LEG TOUR DE FRANCE | Mar 18, 2014
- Chiang Mai - Part 2During my stay in Chiang Mai, I am residing at a lovely Hostel named AOI Home Garden. It is within the walls of the Old City and is the most pleasant little paradise … at a whooping $4 per night!! Posted by LLWV in La Lone Wolfette Ventures | Mar 17, 2014