- Bangkok!Our arrival in Bangkok was uneventful. We waddled off the plane about midnight, after 23 travel hours. We knew it would be a long day, but nothing can teach you patience like having to sit in a Posted by CarolandDanny in Our journeys together | Apr 9, 2016
- DAY 7 Port Day at Phuket - WednesdayIt was to be another great day on the waters. The officer of room 6016 again goofed with the alarms even though we could set our clocks back a half an hour because we changed time zones again. Posted by lukskytest in Queen Elizabeth 2016 Trip | Apr 8, 2016
- DAY 7 Port Day at Phuket - Thursday - PHOTOS[img=http://photos. Posted by lukskytest in Queen Elizabeth 2016 Trip | Apr 8, 2016
- Exploring ThailandThese last two weeks I spent traveling all over Thailand. Beth and Lisa, friends from Semester at Sea, flew from the US for a packed week in Thailand. I showed them around Bangkok, then we went north to Chiang Mai Posted by juliaaugh in Thailand 2016 | Apr 3, 2016
- BangkokBangkok Posted by eastof52 in East of 52° | Mar 31, 2016
- Parks, boats and Lebanese foodWe relaxed in the room, did some research and used the decent wifi. It seemed the dodgier the accommodation, the better the wifi. We took the BTS to Sala Dang stop then had a tasty lunch at Beirut, my favourite Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Mar 26, 2016
- Buses and Lost Cash in BangkokAt 7:30, we checked out and headed for the bus stop to find out that buses left every hour on the half hour so we'd just missed one. I ran to get us some 7-11 breakfast pastries and a ham Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Mar 26, 2016
- Chiang Mai, the city of elephants!Back to Thailand. We did not get back to our hotel until late so we opted out of the night market for now and ordered room service. Tomorrow will be a long day of touring and then the night bazaar. Posted by Karenamrrll in Asia and Oceania - 2016 | Mar 25, 2016
- Thailand: The Monaco of Asia
From the minute we touch down in Bangkok, I can sense I'm going to love this city. We're whisked out of the airport on a modern, clean train whose wagons have been swept while we waited in Posted by SpiceChronicles in The Spice Chronicles | Mar 25, 2016
- Teaching in Thailand
“Volunteers, please come stand here. Introduce yourself to the visitors.” I stand as 60 pairs of eyes turn their gaze my way. My tummy turns and I feel the blood rush to my face. Making Posted by chb00001 in Letters from Charlotte | Mar 24, 2016
- No water in these fallsWe were up early again to cover greater distances in the national park today. We'd even used our fridge to store breakfast to save time on what had become our ritual 7-11 breakfast.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/564525/Sarah_150104_1044039.jp Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Mar 23, 2016
- March 16 - BANGKOK/LAEM CHABANG, THAILAND
We left the Serenity in the Port of Laem Chabang for the two-hour bus ride into Bangkok. Our Chao Phraya River cruise would be in boats similar to these.
[img=htt Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 7 | Mar 17, 2016
- March 15 - KOH SAMUI, THAILAND
We are in Thailand, where 90% of the population are Buddhists. Koh Samui is an island off the mainland.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/92262/FF3D2C44EF09 Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 7 | Mar 16, 2016
- A weekend in Bangkok
Ok now things should really get interesting. The traffic from the airport was horrendous on a Friday evening. But the mandarin oriental hotel was amazing! [img=http://photos.travellers Posted by Karenamrrll in Asia and Oceania - 2016 | Mar 15, 2016
- Everything You Wanted to Know... Before You GoThose of you who keep an active eye on our Wedding Group page on Facebook will already be 'in-the-know' (lucky you) but there are a few stragglers who haven't quite mastered Facebook (not looking at anyone in particular here.... Hazel Posted by Laura Burge in The Adventures of Troy and Laura | Mar 9, 2016
- Pha Taem National ParkTraffic was pretty light this morning around eight. Filling the bike us with fuel cost us a whopping 60 baht ($2) so we could understand the appeal of driving these vehicles. We followed the main road/highway that we'd come in Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Mar 8, 2016
- Another awesome dive - Until the next time Thailand!March 6
Got up and saw the sunrise. It's going to be a beautiful day.
Met at the dive shop to get my gear. We headed out in a long tail boat to go diving.... Posted by Samchow58 in The next chapter | Mar 7, 2016
- The Food in ThailandIt took me a few weeks to figure out what I liked and how to get it, but still, every meal is an adventure. Most of the dishes are either a meat with rice or some kind of noodle dish. Posted by juliaaugh in Thailand 2016 | Mar 6, 2016
- Koh Phi PhiMarch 3 & 4
I spent both days relaxing poolside... Reading. I finished a book a day, what a treat!!! I went to my room around lunch time on Thursday and noticed that my message light on my hotel Posted by Samchow58 in The next chapter | Mar 5, 2016
- Chiang KhongDay 8 - Trip to Chiang Khong
The final leg of our trip in Thailand, until after our visit to Vietnam, commenced with a 7 hour journey by mini bus to Chiang Khong which is located right on the Thailand/Laos border. Posted by Ronantattan in Ronan and ciaras south east asia trip | Mar 3, 2016
- Chiang MaiDay 5 - Train to Chiang Mai
After a nice lazy morning at the hotel, we boarded the train for Chiang Mai at 1.30 pm. No sooner were we on the train, but we were given some lunch which consisted of Posted by Ronantattan in Ronan and ciaras south east asia trip | Mar 3, 2016
- Koh SamuiMarch 1
First things first, here is a pic of the guy sleeping on my deck.
So I got a ride to the Lomprayah terminal to catch the 9:30 am ferry to Koh Samui. The fer Posted by Samchow58 in The next chapter | Mar 2, 2016
- Khong Chiam After getting ready and hurrying to the front desk, we relaxed hearing the news that buses to Khong Chiam left every half hour. We went for an early lunch to use the better wifi and eat more fried rice, not Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Feb 29, 2016
- Exploring Ubon Ratchathani templesWe lazed around in the morning, savouring the comfy bed as last night the receptionist had informed us that they'd mistakenly put us in the wrong room and we'd be switching today. We also had to fight with the wifi Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Feb 29, 2016
- Snorkelling and Diving in Koh TaoFebruary 27
Got my bearings this morning.....headed out and realized that I either had to rent a scooter (too dangerous - dirt roads) or pay for a taxi to take me to all the nice beaches (way too much money). Posted by Samchow58 in The next chapter | Feb 29, 2016