- Koh phangang Got the ferry from koh samui to koh phangan which took about an hour then a taxi to the longtail beach resort which took about 30 mins.
Longtail is THE BEST place I've ever been so far, 12 bungalows on Posted by TravelinTales in TravelinTales | Nov 19, 2013
- School Life & Loi KrathongAn insight into a week at school - 1 class.
My Grade 2s.
[center][/center][ Posted by bethcairns in Mai Pen Rai | Nov 19, 2013
- Chiang MaiVielä ennen paluuta Hanoihin, vietettiin vajaa viikko Chiang Maissa, Thaimaassa.
Halailtiin isoja ja pieniä tiikereitä (Tiger Kingdom), tutustuttiin Thaimaan ja Myanmarin heimoihin (hmong,...) ja perinteiseen elämään, nähtiin upea temppeli jos Posted by vilmalotta in Levoton sielu | Nov 18, 2013
- Loi KrathongLoi Kratang is a festival in Thailand that takes place on the 12th lunar full moon of the year. Prior to coming to Thailand, I had seen many amazing pictures on various travel blogs so naturally it was Posted by inbetweendreams in In Between Dreams | Nov 17, 2013
- Chiang Mai, ThailandAfter a ridiculously long journey from Luang Prabang, we finally made it to the [[http://www.tree-residences.com|Tree Residence Hotel ]] around 17:00 looking, smelling and feeling a little worse for wear! We were in no mood to explore and it was Posted by Nick-n-Charlie in Our Honeymoon World Tour | Nov 3, 2013
- From Laos to ThailandWe had a couple of options for getting from Luang Prabang, Laos across the border to Chiang Mai, Thailand and were struggling to make up our minds. Flying would have cost us nearly £200, so well out of our Posted by Nick-n-Charlie in Our Honeymoon World Tour | Oct 31, 2013
- 15 minutes (or maybe longer) of fameJust spotted today that our blog is highlighted on Travellerspoint homepage as a 'recently featured blog'. This makes me very happy. I am a sad creature. The next challenge is to get one of our photos featured! Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Nov 16, 2013
- The life in Pai Have been too busy to write anything lately so I have to summarize the last few days as best I can. After our bad experience with elephant trekking, Eddy's elephant camp was really good fun for the day. We Posted by Kirstyonwroot in England to South East Asia | Nov 16, 2013
- Koh Lanta... ahhhhhWhen you arrive on Koh Lanta, there should be a sign saying "Take one deep breath in, exhale slowly - welcome to Koh Lanta". You don't even watch sunsets sitting up, everything's geared to a more horizontal approach. Quite possibly Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Nov 16, 2013
- First Few Days in Thailand
Sawat dee krap!!!
Greetings from Thailand! Its weird to think that we have almost beem here for 10 days already. Time really is flying. Julie, Dylan, and I are currently on the small Posted by Seth.Bader in Discovering Your Personal Legend | Nov 15, 2013
- Idag aker vi!07.11-12.11.13: Bangkok
Nu är det dags! Sista natten sov vi hos Mia, en svensk väninna av hos, tack sa mycket Mia! Fran köpenhamn flog vi till London, fran London till Hong Kong och fran Hong Kong vidare till Bangkok. Varan resa Posted by Eribel in Asia | Nov 15, 2013
- Heute fahren wir!07.11-12.11.13: Bangkok
Heute fahren wir! Wir hat bei Mia (Ein Swedische freundin von uns) die letze nacht geschlaft. Danke Mia! Wir flüge von köpenhamn zu London, von London zu Hong Kong und dann weiter zu Bangkok. Total 20 stunden.
Jetz sind Posted by Eribel in Asia | Nov 15, 2013
- Bangkok? Tuk Tuk? Yes please!So this trip away was originally meant to be to Koh Samet...a lovely, beautiful island south of Pattaya but no it was not meant to be as it was forecast to rain all weekend! Our dreams of sleeping on the Posted by bethcairns in Mai Pen Rai | Nov 14, 2013
- Welcome to Bangkok!
Hello Friends, we made it...
24+ hours after we jumped on a plane in Edmonton we arrived at our hotel in BK. The Phranakorn Nornlen (PN), a charming little place t Posted by EastWest-Sweets in Team Sweets Asian Adventure!! | Nov 13, 2013
- A trip to PhimaiI was pleasantly surprised to find that we had no school again today. I'm not sure why, and frankly I don't care, Im happy to have another day off.
I've been itching to escape the busy city of Korat Posted by inbetweendreams in In Between Dreams | Nov 12, 2013
- Typhoon Haiyan - a change to the itinerary?With our previous track record (being on St Lucia when Hurricane Tomas hit in 2010), we're well aware of the devastation these huge weather fronts can cause.
It's really tragic that the Philippines have suffered the worst storm ever recorded - Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Nov 11, 2013
- Enter country number 1...12:00 Bangkok
Arrived in Bangkok to 30°C heat at 9.45 in the morning. This does not bode well. First impressions? Grey. Lots of grey concrete under a grey sky, at least until you see the sun shining and there's a hint Posted by GoonishPython in The Great South East Asia Adventure | Nov 11, 2013
- Our two day elephant trek through Chang Mai
Arguably what makes us human Is humanity itself- the ability to differentiate between right and wrong and use our conscience to guide us. Unfortunately it seems that lots of people have developed the ability to push guilt, awareness and responsib Posted by Kirstyonwroot in England to South East Asia | Nov 11, 2013
- Ao Nang minus HubbardSo what else can I tell you about Ao Nang? Russians and reggae.
Russians far outnumber any other nationality in terms of tourists, and the best bars are reggae bars (sorry Jon, but we found by far the best bar Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Nov 10, 2013
- A day in the lifeMy alarm goes off at 545, I turn over and its still dark out. This can't be right. There must be some kind of mistake, it can't possibly be time to get up already. Sadly, I come to terms with Posted by inbetweendreams in In Between Dreams | Nov 9, 2013
- 50* Not OutWell, I guess it's about time I wrote a blog. To be fair, a few of the words written have been mine, I've just not received any credit for them :-)
But seeing as it is a worthy milestone I thought Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Nov 9, 2013
- The start of Chang MaiYesterday we visited the floating markets. We had woken up at around 4 am and couldn't sleep, so we laid in bed watching catfish before getting up. It had been raining all nigh and did not show any sign of Posted by Kirstyonwroot in England to South East Asia | Nov 9, 2013
- When a Hubbard came to townWe were super excited to see Jon, who was over with a few friends from the UK for Nick's non-stag do and non-wedding (long story).
Having woken to a glorious day and chance to meet up with our close pal, we Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Nov 9, 2013
- Chiang Mai, ThailandAfter our night train to Uttaradit, it was surprisingly easy to get the bus towards Chiang Mai, where we changed to a local bus at Lampang to go to the Thai Elephant Conservation Center. We had hoped to be Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Nov 8, 2013
- Smaller DetailsHaving written my first few weeks in a nutshell I just thought I'd share some of the smaller details about living and working here. Things that I am used to doing now but was weird when I first arrived.
Let's start Posted by bethcairns in Mai Pen Rai | Nov 8, 2013