- Touching down in Thailand
I was looking forward to the South East Asia portion of our trip but it seemed to perpetually be a month away so I was particularly excited when we touched down in Posted by tylerandshawna in Tyler and Shawna's Great Adventure | Jan 10, 2015
- BangkokAfter perhaps the longest travel day in history, we are finally settled in at our home for 2 days, the Omni Hotel, in Bangkok. It feels like we're staying in the fancier "business district", fairly far away from party central, Posted by WarrJenn in S.E. Asia and Australia | Jan 7, 2015
- Thailand - Phuket3.1.15-6.1.15
After such a dreadful journey (Sarah barfing in the airport and a 1 hour flight) all we wanted to do when we arrived in Phuket was head to bed. We chose to stay in Patong which is the popular Posted by Mikeandsarah in Asia, Australia & Anywhere in between | Jan 5, 2015
- Thailand - One night in Bangkok1.1.15-3.1.15
Continuing with the cultural exploring, when we woke up for our first morning in Bangkok (2.1.15), we decided to go in search of the Wat Po temple (Reclining Buddha). After paying double the price, due to Sarah's poor ability Posted by Mikeandsarah in Asia, Australia & Anywhere in between | Jan 5, 2015
- A couple of weeks in ThailandThailand
We didn’t really get off to a good start in Thailand. Don Mueng International Airport for the low cost airlines is so poorly organized from the immigration queue to the queues for the baggage and then the horrendous queues for Posted by Deb_Scott in Eat. Drink. See & Do. | Jan 2, 2015
- Good Morning 2015!!!!Morning Revellers!!
It’s a short n sweet one from us today - we just want to say a huge “Sawatdee Pii Mai” (Happy New Year in Thai!) to all our friends and family back in blighty.
We hope you’ve all Posted by katiejason in Katie & Jason's Round the World Trip | Dec 31, 2014
- Thailand#Bangkok#South islands[float=left][/float]Bangkok : yes again I am back haha but Bangkok has something special.
We had a really great coffee at Arom Dii Coffee near Ko san Road,if you feel have one, I advise you that one.
Regarding the islands, I have not Posted by celia0409 in EYL and keep travelling | Dec 29, 2014
- Cabbages and CondomsOn our 3 hour journey to Chang Rai we made a rest stop half way through.
So this exists....
Because the hill tribes and Posted by ushanthi91 in Seriously | Dec 24, 2014
- Lady BoysThailand - one of the few places on the planet where it's the boys who get sexually harassed on the street not the girls.
After out cooking lessons, we went to drag Cabaret. Very funny and wow some of them Posted by ushanthi91 in Seriously | Dec 24, 2014
- Thai Cooking Class
Got dropped off at the markets where our chef explained how to shop for good quality ingredients. Apparently I don't need to buy chillies cuz I'm already hot - so said the chef. Man he's g Posted by ushanthi91 in Seriously | Dec 24, 2014
- Ushanthi' Dream Comes True
I've been waiting almost 14 years to eat Rambutan again. Saw it at one of the street stalls for 100 baht. OMG they are every bit as amazing as I remember them from my childhood. Totally m Posted by ushanthi91 in Seriously | Dec 24, 2014
- Ushanthi's Fortune Comes True?Upon arriving at the hotel I was annoyed and gutted to find out that some world class douche bag had broken into my second brand new luggage. And being the convinient dim wit they are - they changed he numerical Posted by ushanthi91 in Seriously | Dec 24, 2014
- 'Twas the night before ChristmasFirst things first ……… MERRY CHRISTMAS FOLKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It’s actually pretty hard for us to believe that today is Christmas Eve when we’re s Posted by katiejason in Katie & Jason's Round the World Trip | Dec 24, 2014
- The King is goodWe have been told multiple times that the people of Thailand love their monarchs. There are monuments to the Thai King on nearly every corner. The Thai people love their King. Stepping on a bank note will get you one Posted by Iztravelling in Seriously | Dec 24, 2014
- Out and about in Ayutthaya and other musingsFirst impressions are often everything even though we like to think that isn't the case. Arriving into the International Airport in Bangkok certainly gave us a very wrong impression. The queues were endless and I was already peeved at being Posted by Deb_Scott in Eat. Drink. See & Do. | Dec 23, 2014
- Keeping your valuables safe when travellingOne of the considerations when travelling is how to keep your valuables safe when you are away from your accommodation. As we are on a reasonably tight budget, the type of accommodation that we ar Posted by Deb_Scott in Eat. Drink. See & Do. | Dec 23, 2014
- Half a day in Bangkok!
Mr Wi who owned our hotel in Siem Reap had told us that Thai people had too much money and so were not friendly towards tourists as they don't need our money anymore. This was not our experience. We travelled Posted by CandPandKandS in Across and beyond | Dec 22, 2014
- Ayuntthaya Posted by karimlafdal in Ancient History | Dec 21, 2014
- A Train Spotters Guide (part 7) - Thailand trainsTuesday 16th December. Bangkok to Hat Yai. Train 35. Coach 4 (2nd class sleeper)
Cost 855 baht (£17.10) for top bunk, 945 baht (£19.00) for bottom bunk.
Diesel hauled (GE General Electric) 11 coaches. Coaches by Daewoo dated 1996.
Track 1 metre gauge, Posted by CandPandKandS in Across and beyond | Dec 18, 2014
It was late when we arrived, and we were both tired from travelling. Tempting as it was to return to the debauchery we discovered last year at the Patpong night markets, we decided instead to opt for a quiet one Posted by EmilyCains in Em & George Christmas 2014 | Dec 16, 2014
- [Thailand] The ruins in Ayutthaya==
Ayutthaya was a former capital of Ayutthaa kingdom. This city was founded in 1350 by King U Thong and was destroyed by the Burmese. Since there are lots of heritage here, the ruins wa Posted by simony in 遊。行。Blog of Simony。 | Dec 11, 2014
- Abstecher ThailandThailand, wo wir beide schon so oft waren, war nicht auf der Liste für diese Reise. Dennoch hat es uns ein weiteres Mal hierhin verschlagen, allerdings eher unfreiwillig. Beim Golden Rock, der letzten Station in unserem Loop südöstlich von Yangon, Posted by birdfish in Let's Summer! | Dec 7, 2014
- Pai - Chiang rai, zadnje postaje TajlandaPai 08.11.-10.11.2014.
Čuli smo za gradić Pai kao nista posebno, ali nešto posebno, pa eto nas na putu. Odvezli smo se sa Carol i irskim parom na autobusnu kroz ludu gužvu kroz grad, kresnuli retrovizor usput - zvučalo je kao katastrofa, Posted by mokrebicve in Đita okoli svita | Dec 6, 2014
參觀完[[http://simony.travellerspoint.com/127/|阿瑜陀耶 (Ayutthaya) 哥德式佛教教堂]]後，先到7-11 補給一下。一步出坐駕，立即感受到....熊熊烈日大家晒~
[img=http://photos.trav Posted by simony in 遊。行。Blog of Simony。 | Dec 6, 2014
- 阿瑜陀耶 (Ayutthaya) 哥德式佛教教堂==
阿瑜陀耶: 尼瓦塔馬拉瓦寺 Wat Niwet Thammaprawat 是在夏行宮旁邊的一個小島上。
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/490688/large_2764D954D53 Posted by simony in 遊。行。Blog of Simony。 | Dec 5, 2014