- Paradise in the wakeI realized a while ago that I've never spent more than a week’s time on a place with a beach. Like, ever. Ko Phangan was not the exception. People and friends kept telling me to stay for the full moon Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Feb 16, 2014
- Thailand, Mae hong son loop, part twoEin wenig losreißen musste ich mich schon aus Mae Sariang, ich hätte es dort noch gut eine ganze Woche aushalten können (mindestens :-) ). Weiter ging es mit dem Bus durch eine wunderbare, schöne und kurvige Berggegend nach Mae Hong Posted by daria-unterwegs in Auf nach Asien | Feb 13, 2014
- Thailand, Mae hong son loop, part oneAm Tag der Wahl gönnte ich mir einen Ausflug in den Erawan Nationalpark. Dort war, wie ich feststellen musste, schon alles fest in russischer Hand. Vorteil war jedoch, dass mit dem Erreichen des ersten Wasserfalls die Gehfreude der meisten Menschen Posted by daria-unterwegs in Auf nach Asien | Feb 12, 2014
- First Taste of ThailandWe landed in Bangkok’s DMK airport at 3am. As with our overnight train to Pondy a few days earlier, we’d had hoped for some slight delays so that our arrival time might be a little more conducive to getting a Posted by TessAndRach in Asian Adventure | Feb 11, 2014
- Onwards!For months I had been feeding the fantasy of a great sailing adventure spanning thousands of miles and innumerable seas and islands. When that thought came to its abrupt end, I was left in the labyrinth of decision. A thousand Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Feb 7, 2014
- Thailand, BangkokNach einem mehr als vierzehnstündigen Reisetag von Haustür zu Haustür und unzähligen security checks, wegen derer ich fast meinen Anschlussflug in Delhi verpasste, kam ich dann endlich am späten Abend in Bangkok an und das große Wundern begann. Fast zwei Posted by daria-unterwegs in Auf nach Asien | Feb 6, 2014
- Quick updateWe're still alive!
We have been way too busy ... or lazy to write blogs :).
After we left Laos (I still owe you a report on the trip along the Mekong), we spent time travelling around North Thailand. We left to Posted by carmomo in New Zealand and South East Asia | Feb 5, 2014
- Election DayI am not sure if mainstream American news has mentioned the political upheaval that has been happening in Thailand. Frankly I don't know how they would find the time between Justin Bieber's arrest and Richard Sherman's "racial" interview. Posted by inbetweendreams in In Between Dreams | Feb 5, 2014
- On to BangkokMy last couple of days in Hanoi were basically spent wandering around without much of a plan, eating when I was hungry, popping in to look at things that looked interesting, sitting in parks and the like. The one specific Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Feb 3, 2014
- Family life on the road[center][/center]After 4 months of travelling I thought I'd give a little insight on our day to day life. I'm going to use the expression that I've gotten used to during my travels in Asia. Our daily family life Posted by Octobrianna in Can We Cope Man? | Feb 2, 2014
- January in Thailand - Teaching and TravellingOkay so I am well aware that I am falling behind in keeping this up to date but, in my defence, i'm not usually one for writing blogs anyway and as fellow travellers will know, keeping in touch with people Posted by bethcairns in Mai Pen Rai | Feb 1, 2014
- The End of Our Asian Adventure... Last Stop, Bangkok! So our time in Asia has come to an end! But what an amazing three and a half months it has been... Bangkok has been our last stop in the Asia leg of our trip, and although it wasn't the Posted by AmyRossiter26 in Amy's Travelsome Adventures | Jan 30, 2014
- Jan 1st-26th: INSPECTION...INSPECTION - PASS OR NOT ?WEDNESDAY 1st JANUARY 2014
This morning Mr Noi invited me, Chwin and Jasper to his house for lunch. I assumed it would just be us and his family but when we got there a party was in full swing in the Posted by talismanic in Alistair in Thailand 2012 to 2014 | Jan 28, 2014
- Tiger Kingdom[center][/center][center][/center]
So much has been written about Tiger Kingdom I no longer know what to believe BUT this was a treat for my daughter Jemma and we chose to visit it.
It is new Posted by timinphuket in TiminPhuket - things to do | Jan 27, 2014
- The Andaman Coast: island hopping from Thailand to MalaysiaSo just after New Year, I headed to the Andaman Coast for a spot of island hopping - thi is where all those pictures of turquoise seas and limestone karst islands with white sandy beaches come from.
At the advice of Posted by GoonishPython in The Great South East Asia Adventure | Jan 26, 2014
- Adventures in Bangkok: Part 3So after another epic bus journey (involving being left at the border and woking out ourselves how to get to Bangkok) - Cambodia is getting a record on these - I arrived back in the busy capital of Thailand about Posted by GoonishPython in The Great South East Asia Adventure | Jan 26, 2014
- Living it up in Patong Beach, PhuketFor the last 3 days in Phuket I decided to splurge and stay at an actual resort on the beach, where you didn't have to pay for towels or air conditioning it was included with the room. When I checked Posted by anthonyfalls in Anthony's Adventures | Jan 26, 2014
- Chiang Mai and Jungle
After our delayed train, we arrived into Chiang Mai to a number of touts trying to get us to stay in their guesthouses. One place (Chiang Mai Thai House) took our fancy as it had a swimming pool, looked Posted by mattandsusanne in Matt and Susanne's Travels | Jan 24, 2014
- An Amazing Week at The Elephant Nature Park
We've just spent the past week volunteering at Thailand's Elephant Nature Park and have had the most amazing, inspiring time. The park is an NGO (Non Government O Posted by AmyRossiter26 in Amy's Travelsome Adventures | Jan 24, 2014
- Puttering Around the Islands of Phi Phi
This is my "It's January and it's not -40C face!"
Day 7 was a total beach day. I spent the day reading, eating and sleeping on the beach. Went for my daily massage, 1 hour fo Posted by anthonyfalls in Anthony's Adventures | Jan 24, 2014
- BangkokLets get this straight even before I begin; I'm an outdoorsy person, I enjoy my own space to explore beautiful, pristine nature... I also loved Bangkok.
I don't know if anyone experiences love at first sight with Bangkok. Bangkok Posted by Bleaklinson in Canadians Abroad | Jan 23, 2014
- Thailand - La ThailandeFirst challenge : finding our hotel as roads were closed due to anti-government protests. Taxi driver dropped us a good 30 minute walk away through bustling Khao San Road with our luggage.
Premier challenge : trouver notre hôtel vu que les Posted by emjim in Emily and Jimmy Go Global! | Jan 23, 2014
- Off to the Beaches of Phuket! Day 5 was the day I flew to Phuket. It was recommended to leave 4 hours before the flight to get to the airport due to the many road closures with the protests. Bangkok has 2 international airports. I Posted by anthonyfalls in Anthony's Adventures | Jan 21, 2014
- Staying PutAfter a thrilling few days I spent Day 4 relaxing and spending time at my new hotel, the [[http://www.starwoodhotels.com/fourpoints/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=3409|Four Point By Sheraton]]. Best part-there was no cost as I redeemed some point Posted by anthonyfalls in Anthony's Adventures | Jan 21, 2014
- Going North - Ayuthaya
After a bit of last-minute bumming on the beach, we took our minibus off Ko Lanta island via a couple of small and very crammed car ferries. We then had a minibus transfer to Krabi and were fully exposed to Posted by mattandsusanne in Matt and Susanne's Travels | Jan 21, 2014