- Chiang Mai - Su Thep areaI have already been to Chiang Mai a couple of times - in fact, I was there the very first time I left New Zealand. I got myself in an awkward position in Bangkok, so fled north in a bus Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Jan 22, 2017
- Burnt and beautifulHello All
We have left Bangkok and travelled south to the island of Koh Samui, an island of approx 55km circumference nestling 70km from the west coast of Thailand. We loved Bangkok, it is an amazing city, truely something for everyone! Posted by simon.steph in Simon and Steph Go East | Jan 22, 2017
- Day 1 - doing the tourist bitHello!
Bangkok is one crazy, hot and exciting city!
We brought a day ticket to hop on and off boats along the river Chao Phraya in Bangkok, a visit to an enormous flower and produce market started the day. Mountains of chillies, Posted by simon.steph in Simon and Steph Go East | Jan 18, 2017
- BFFs i BGKVår resa började hemma hos Mannheimers den sista september, och tre månader senare var det dags för reunion i Bangkok!
Precis som den där dagen i slutet av september så sprang tiden iväg och de tre dagarna vi hängde med Moa, Posted by Stefan Hök in Hok Family Trip | Jan 17, 2017
Phuket wasn't really our third port of call, it was our 4th, but a man had a heart attack on the ship and had to be taken to the nearest hospital, that was at Phuket, s Posted by balhannahrise in Just Cruising | Jan 15, 2017
- Day 4Day 4 started out badly as unfortunately the partying next door had reached new heights during the night. I wouldn’t have minded if they had invited me!
We consequently spent a fairly quiet day walking around the streets opposite the hotel. Posted by RogerLaHaye in The Asian Adventure | Jan 14, 2017
- Krabi i Koh NgaiKolejnym celem naszej podróży było zachodnie wybrzeże Tajlandii nad Morzem Andamańskim, a konkretnie Krabi (miejscowość Ao Nang) i wyspa Koh Ngai.
Z tajskich gór kilka godzin jechaliśmy krętą drogą w szóstkę vanem do Chiang Mai, skąd samolo Posted by Jakub W in David i Jakub w Azji | Jan 12, 2017
- Północna TajlandiaZ Chiang Mai pojechaliśmy vanem na północ kraju pod granicę z Mjanmą, do miejscowości Ban Thamlod. W przygranicznej miejscowości wybraliśmy się do krasowej jaskini, którą płynie rzeka, oraz na jednodniowy trek do sąsiedniej wioski.
W Ban T Posted by Jakub W in David i Jakub w Azji | Jan 6, 2017
- Gotowanie w Chiang Mai Drugiego stycznia lecieliśmy z Bangkoku do Chiang Mai spotkać się z Leatitią, Gregiem, Samantą i Rafaelem. Poza zwiedzaniem i lekcją gotowania, Chiang Mai, posłużyło nam za bazę wypadową do wyprawy na północny skrawek Tajlandii.
W porówna Posted by Jakub W in David i Jakub w Azji | Jan 6, 2017
- Day 2Christine arose early and spent a leisurely morning waiting for me to appear. It was a slightly longer wait than planned......
My excuse is the carousing gentlemen arriving here for their annual award ceremony - an event the thought of which Posted by RogerLaHaye in The Asian Adventure | Jan 5, 2017
- ArrivalAfter a remarkably unremarkable flight we arrived in Bangkok early on Wednesday morning. A taxi ride into the city allowed us to see most of the new skyscrapers that now dominate Bangkoks skyline and not least was the one that Posted by RogerLaHaye in The Asian Adventure | Jan 5, 2017
- Chiang Mai - City of SmilesFor this year end, I joined my friends for a short trip to Thailand, covering Chiang Mai and Bangkok including participating in the Chiang Mai Marathon. I guess this will be a short write-up as I am not writing anything Posted by acerchuan in Acerchuan Travel Blog | Jan 1, 2017
- Sylwester w Bangkoku
Do Bangkoku jechaliśmy z Sihanoukville w Kambodży. Okazało się, że autobus nocny jechał okrężną trasą przez Phnom Penh i Battambang. Na szczęście w autobusie były łóżka zamiast siedzeń, choć niestety rozmiaru kambodżańskiego. O 9-tej rano, p Posted by Jakub W in David i Jakub w Azji | Jan 1, 2017
- Day 8 - Last day in Thailand
Day 8 - Last day in Thailand
After yesterday's adrenalined filled day, we decided to spent our last day in Thailand (and this year!)
relaxing island hopping around Ao Nang in the Andaman Sea.
We arranged to go on a speed Posted by Andy-Irene in Bangkok to Bali | Dec 31, 2016
- Day 7 - Ao Nang, Krabi
After saying goodbye to our Homestay guests, Irene and I left the main group and
departed for Krabi at 7am as we'd managed to luckily arrange a diving trip near to Phi Phi island.
We left Ao Nang beach just after Posted by Andy-Irene in Bangkok to Bali | Dec 30, 2016
- Day 6 - At a Homestay
Today we said goodbye to the National Park and headed further south in to the Krabi Province on route to Ao Nang.
After a leisurely start we had a walk around the village and had some brunch before leaving just Posted by Andy-Irene in Bangkok to Bali | Dec 30, 2016
- Day 5 - Khao Sok National Park
After our first night in our rustic hut, surviving the mega sized mosquitos and robbing monkeys,
we drifted into a pleasant sleep aided by a frog chorus and cicadas singing.
We had an early breakfast and then left for a full Posted by Andy-Irene in Bangkok to Bali | Dec 28, 2016
- Day 4 - Khao Sok National Park
The overnight train arrived into Surat Thani at 7.30am, 12 hours after leaving Bangkok, the night train ride went well all things considered -
although we seem to keep stopping every 20mins or so at first and only travelling at Posted by Andy-Irene in Bangkok to Bali | Dec 27, 2016
- Day 3 - Bangkok to Surat Thani Bangkok to Surat Thani
After our first 95f Christmas Day, we started off Boxing Day with an early morning visit to the Klongs
(the river canals that connect many parts of the city).
Although we had previously done this a few Posted by Andy-Irene in Bangkok to Bali | Dec 26, 2016
- AyutthayaAyutthaya was an old capital city of Thailand (now being Bangkok) and is listed under Unesco World Heritage site with its vast ancient ruins, temples and Buddha sculptures. The trip to Ayutthaya can also include a tour to the Bang Posted by kidd27 in Exploring Bangkok | Dec 26, 2016
- Day 2 - Christmas Day in BangkokBangkok - Christmas Day
Well we saw Christmas Day 7 hours before you guys, again waking up to an even hotter day, forecast was to be 35c today and it certainly felt like it.
We decided to have breakfast out on the Posted by Andy-Irene in Bangkok to Bali | Dec 25, 2016
- Arrival in Thailand
Well after luckily missing storm Barbara and with the planned Baggage Handlers strike called off, we made it to Amsterdam and
then after a short stopper on to Bangkok.
After the overnight, 10 hour flight we eventually arrived at Bangkok Airport, on Posted by Andy-Irene in Bangkok to Bali | Dec 25, 2016
- Two Weeks InIt's a little over two weeks since arriving in Bangkok. The way it's been turning out we've been filling our days with sightseeing and only now, in Mae Hong Son, the hills of northwestern Thailand, are we in a Posted by Dharmarota in SE Asia/New Zealand/Sydney | Jan 1, 2017
- Kwan Riam Floating MarketSYMBOL OF TALAD NAM KWAN RIAM
FLOATING MARKET WITHOUT CANAL IS NOT NAMED A FLOATING MARKET. KWAN RIAM FLOATING MARKET IS OF NO EXCEPTION. THE CANAL NEAR THE ENTRANCE TO TALAD Posted by kidd27 in Exploring Bangkok | Dec 24, 2016
- Talad Wang LangMarkets is the most crucial and ultimate place for people to get daily food essentials such meat, fish, vegetables, fruits, fresh produce and other ready made food and snacks. Morning market is the most common market where people obtain such Posted by kidd27 in Exploring Bangkok | Dec 24, 2016