- Bye Bye Ko Phangan, Hello BangkokWell, yesterday we left the island and took a beautiful long ferry ride to the main land... then took a 10 hour night bus to Bangkok - as this is the fastest way to get to Cambodia. It was not Posted by CodyAngela in Our adventure | Mar 9, 2015
- Chillin in Chiang DaoBy James:
We are now in Chiang Dao in the mountains 1 hours drive from Chiang Mai. We are staying at Malees bungalows and they have a kid! He is 12 years old and his name is Peter we play Posted by Arin MacDyer in A Year of Summer | Mar 6, 2015
- Visit to the Grand Palace & Climbing Wat ArunAmber and I arrived in Bangkok around 5 AM. We took a taxi to the Lub'D hostel near National Stadium in central Bangkok and met up with Katie who had already made it there from Las Vegas where she Posted by GrandAdventurer in Lisa's Grand Adventures | Feb 19, 2015
- Traveling to the Land of SmilesWe got almost 8 inches of snow in DC the night before our flight, but luckily not enough to close the metro so I was able to make it to the airport ok. It felt like less than 10 Posted by GrandAdventurer in Lisa's Grand Adventures | Feb 17, 2015
- Home again....
Bangkok Suvarnabhumi International Airport
I don't like airports. I particularly dislike Suvarnabhumi Airpor Posted by GinSmugglers in GinSmugglers go Thai | Mar 3, 2015
- King Cobras loose in Bangkok![img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/693878/IMG_0010 Posted by Arin MacDyer in A Year of Summer | Feb 28, 2015
- Northern ThailandTypically getting to Thailand from Laos shouldn't be difficult, however, since we were still in Nong Khiaw, we ended up travelling for over 12 hours. Our flight left at 1pm from Luang Prabang and the first bus or minivan left Posted by ScottandAshley in Round the World Travels 2014 | Feb 26, 2015
- Bangkok RevisitedWe left Khao Lak with promises to return and set off for Bangkok. One problem with these multi-centre trips is that whole days are spent travelling, which is fine when you are travelling by car or boat, train or bus Posted by GinSmugglers in GinSmugglers go Thai | Feb 25, 2015
- Kristmas in Ko LantaDespite the grey clouds that greeted us on arrival in Ko Lanta we got off to a flying start with some great negotiating skills for a motorbike and sidecar to take us to our second temporary home [[http://www.baanpakgasri.com/|Baan Pakgasri Hideaway]] Posted by Ann-mariestacey in Ann-Marie & Stacey's one month adventure | Feb 23, 2015
- Krazy KrabiWith rice paddy fields in sight we touched down in krabi in record breaking time... 10 hours!
That was one hell of a tail wind. Within 30 mintues we were at our resort [[http://phuphaao Posted by Ann-mariestacey in Ann-Marie & Stacey's one month adventure | Feb 23, 2015
- Khao Lak lacks nothingBang Niang is so quiet and peaceful that it's easy to let time run away with you, we"d spent several days on the beach before we realised that maybe we should stir ourselves to do something more productive or adventurous.
[img=http://photos.travellersp Posted by GinSmugglers in GinSmugglers go Thai | Feb 23, 2015
- The Surin IslandsTo snorkel or not to snorkel? You have to weigh up the odds, is it worth the 90 minute shoulder to shoulder journey in a bouncing, deafening speedboat with 38 strangers, fiercely defending your 15 inches of bum space against Posted by GinSmugglers in GinSmugglers go Thai | Feb 21, 2015
- Heading for the hills![center][/center]
From Chiang Rai we went even further north, into the hills, to stay at a place called Bamboo Nest, and enjoy some peace and quiet and a re Posted by Twink's blog in Asian Adventures 2015 | Feb 21, 2015
- North to Chiang Rai[center][/center]
The road to Thailand's northernmost city is a beauty! Smoothly paved and through unbeatable countryside, and, even better, we were on a luxury bus! By shelling o Posted by Twink's blog in Asian Adventures 2015 | Feb 20, 2015
- Khao Lak revisitedOur journey from AoNang to Khao Lak was very different from our previous 7 hour epic. The. taxi driver arrived early (fortunately we'd been out first thing to replenish the gin stocks) and just over two hours later we were Posted by GinSmugglers in GinSmugglers go Thai | Feb 18, 2015
- Chiang Mai[center][/center]
[b]After rat-infested Ayutthaya, with its garbage-strewn streets, Chiang Mai has been an absolute joy! Although this is Thailand's second-biggest city, with almost a mi Posted by Twink's blog in Asian Adventures 2015 | Feb 16, 2015
- 80 km in 7 hrs
Ferry from Koh Nai to Koh Lanta (Old Town)
When the time came to leave Koh Ngai we were still worried Posted by GinSmugglers in GinSmugglers go Thai | Feb 14, 2015
- National Discovery Museum, Siam/Paragon/MBK, Royal TheatreSince Jeannie and Ross had to head for the airport just after noon, we decided to walk through Saranrom Park and visit the National Museum Discovery Centre not far beyond that a cross from Wat Pho. This Centre was developed Posted by alangcampbell in Thailand: A Cultural Exposure Tour | Feb 13, 2015
- Golden Mount, Queen's Gallery, Longtail Riverboat, ChinatownWe started the day with a taxi ride to the Golden Mount, the elevated site of the Wat Saket Temple whose main Stupa begins high above the city, providing great views for those who make the climb to its base. Posted by alangcampbell in Thailand: A Cultural Exposure Tour | Feb 12, 2015
- Grand Palace, Wat Arun, Jim Thompson House, MBK CenterToday we headed straight for the Grand Palace as soon as we finished breakfast and managed to beat the crowds into the complex that includes the Royal Monastery of the Emerald Buddha. The scale and complexity of the work involved Posted by alangcampbell in Thailand: A Cultural Exposure Tour | Feb 11, 2015
- Bangkok on FootWe are staying in Bangkok's central district so we can walk to many of the most amazing places in this incredible city!
Breakfast next to the Koi pool at our hotel got us going early so there weren't too many people Posted by alangcampbell in Thailand: A Cultural Exposure Tour | Feb 10, 2015
- Koh Ngai Towelling MenagerieA nice bottle of wine (or a few beers, if preferred) on our return for the first person who correctly identifies what these tortured towels are meant to represent, or for the most amusing wrong suggestions!
Please submit your entry as Posted by GinSmugglers in GinSmugglers go Thai | Feb 9, 2015
- Sojourn on Koh NgaiAs we checked in at Koh Ngai Resort the smiling girl at reception said, 'Oh, you have very nice room, many guests say this is very nice room 512'. Yes, I thought, I bet you tell all the punters that, Posted by GinSmugglers in GinSmugglers go Thai | Feb 9, 2015
- Koh Phangan to BangkokToday was a travel day as we made our way from quiet, unhurried Milky Bay on Koh Phangan Island back to the busy crowds of bustling Bangkok for our final 5 days in Thailand. We left the resort at 11 Posted by alangcampbell in Thailand: A Cultural Exposure Tour | Feb 9, 2015
- We The North (Chiang Mai Thailand)On January 29th we got up bright and early and boarded a ferry at Koh Phangan pier which took us to Surat Thani Airport where we would be flying directly to Chiang Mai. The ferry was littered with survivors Posted by Shewy in It is, What it is | Feb 9, 2015