- The first couple of daysWe arrived in Bangkok airport yesterday evening after two long flights. We went as directed to fill out forms for visas, one of which was missing and we were misled by some very grumpy Thai workers. Basically, all Thai people Posted by Kirstyonwroot in England to South East Asia | Nov 7, 2013
- Pattaya!==First experience on a motorbike and in a strip club==
Okay so I'll just clear up the strip club bit...we all know that Pattaya is famous for all the wrong reasons...every bar is pretty much a strip club or whatever, especially Posted by bethcairns in Mai Pen Rai | Nov 7, 2013
- And some days just go plain wrong...We booked a straightforward ferry/bus combo ticket to Ao Nang from Koh Tao... or so we thought. Today was a very valuable lesson!
After check in at the ferry terminal we were given 'joint ticket' stickers to wear and one paper Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Nov 7, 2013
- Koh samuiAfter 24 hours of traveling we made it to the beach, where Adam has found god like status.
The hotel we are in is about £6 a night, and forget the beach, the real exitement is the room decor. Posted by TravelinTales in TravelinTales | Nov 7, 2013
- Ayutthaya, ThailandOur bus journey to Ayutthaya included an unscheduled 45 minute stop as our minibus driver fixed his overheated broken down bus. At least this time we were at a service station and not on the side of a mountain after Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Nov 6, 2013
- The School/The Hut==Our house, in the middle of the street! ==
Moving day! Friday the 25th....onto the second part of my journey.
Probably the most nervous I'd felt since leaving Glasgow....I had no idea what the location would be like, what the school would Posted by bethcairns in Mai Pen Rai | Nov 6, 2013
- Koh Tao... diving, drenchings and dossingAppreciate that Facebook friends will already know we certified as open water divers here on Koh Tao (blog is a little behind the times!), but it gives us a chance to fill in the details...
We were really pleased with our Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Nov 6, 2013
- Khoa San road, Royal Palace. Yeah basically we went to the koha San road and the Royal Palace these past few days!
We used various transports, metro, train, river boat and Tuk Tuk, but that's nothing compared to the extreme transport scenarios we've had this Posted by TravelinTales in TravelinTales | Nov 5, 2013
- Orientation/Bangkok==And so it begins...==
5 days of brand new things.
Departed Glasgow airport 18/10/13 @ 2pm and arrived at Bangkok airport 19/10/13 @ 1pm, yep I was pretty damn jetlagged and disorientated. Anyone making this journey should prepare for the longest d Posted by bethcairns in Mai Pen Rai | Nov 4, 2013
- Coming to Thailand==Beth in Thailand==
Why travel to a country that has hot weather and a country that boasts exotic spicy foods then? Must be madness I hear you say!
Well, leaving my family, friends, irn bru, bacon, good milk, rose wine (the list Posted by bethcairns in Mai Pen Rai | Nov 3, 2013
- Oct 9th-15th Nyaungshwe and Inle Lake - truly amazing!!WEDNESDAY 9th OCTOBER
I left hotel at 6.30am for the airport and checked in and went downstairs to the departure lounge which was chaos. International and domestic flight passengers were mixed up and there weren’t enough seats for everyone. My Y Posted by talismanic in Alistair in Thailand 2012 & 2013 | Nov 3, 2013
- Teacher Stephanie
Quote of the day: "When things go wrong, don't go with them"
Just finished my first week as Teacher Stephanie at what is described as a prestigious all boys Posted by inbetweendreams in In Between Dreams | Nov 3, 2013
- Kanchanaburi - Death railway, Kwai bridge, Wang Pho Viaduct We set off at 6.30 am, took the ferry up the river to Bangkok Noi to start our day trip on the train, this journey is done as an excursion, which I'm sure the Thais finds quite entertaining. As we Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Nov 2, 2013
- CAMBODIAHello!! Here is my rundown of Cambodia:
The day after I last updated in Phnom Penh was our long day dedicated to the Cambodian genocide. In the morning we were up nice and early to hop in tuk-tuks and go to Posted by chella.thornton in Chella + The World | Nov 1, 2013
- Bangkok, Thailand
Tuesday 29th October
We finally arrived in Thailand at lunchtime on Tuesday after travelling for some 3 days on 4 flights. It is not much fun getting from Buenos Aires to Bangkok on the cheapest flights possible going via Madrid, London Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Nov 1, 2013
- Venturing NorthI had already planned to head in to Northern Thailand and Laos and by coincidence David (see previous post) works for a travel company that do hop-on-hop-off tours of that route so kindly organised for me to join one.
We Posted by arianemeena in Two Pairs of Shoes | Nov 1, 2013
- Day 14 Scooter!Why haven't we got a scooter already? Should we fly home now and spend the rest of our savings on a Vespa?!
Today we posted Dan's 'silk' kimono home along with various other bits and pieces that we've picked up in Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Oct 29, 2013
- Day 13 Chinese VillageToday was another day of drizzle but we were still keen to make the most of it - and the scooter.
We drove to a waterfall and Chinese Village, read at the top of a view point and watched f Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Oct 29, 2013
- Yikes... this is it... we're on our own!We originally planned to take a sleeper train from Bangkok to Chumphon and then onwards to Koh Tao by ferry, but Dan & Gemma were heading down to Hua Hin by private minibus with Gemma's family who'd arrived for a Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Oct 29, 2013
- Summary of Indochina Encompassed tour (G Adventures)
What can I say... the tour has been incredible. We've loved (almost) every minute. We've seen and done so much, and experienced such a variety of landscapes, activities and Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Oct 29, 2013
- One (more) night in BangkokWe had a crazy long day travelling through Cambodia and Thailand to Bangkok - a total of 9 hours on the minibus. Unfortunately, as a result, our last night with the guys was a lot more subdued than we would Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Oct 29, 2013
- Day 12 Mountain View
The weather in Pai was pretty awful today. But on plus side we're staying in a wooden bungalow that looks out over the mountains. We have a hammock and lots of snails in the bathroom/dow Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Oct 27, 2013
- Day 11 Cooking with GayrayToday we learnt to cook pad thai, spicy basil leaf stir fry, massaman curry, papaya salad, tom yum soup, spring rolls, deep friend banana and sticky coconut rice. As you can imagine, after eating all that, we were pretty sluggish! Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Oct 27, 2013
- Day 10 Toe CrackingToday we visited a few of Chiang Mai's Wats. Dan is not yet tired of the joke (On approaching a Wat) 'Hey Becks, 'Wats' that?'
After lunch we stumbled upon an insect museum, it reminded Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Oct 27, 2013
- Day 9 Baby Elephant ChaseWhen you turn around to see your guide has bolted from the group you quickly realise that you should also be running.
Today we visited The Elephant Nature Park founded by award winning con Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Oct 27, 2013