- What is a Resort?According to Wikipedia, the term 'resort' refers to 'a self-contained commercial property which attempts to provide for most of a vacationers wants whilst remaining on the premises, such as food, drink, lodging, sports, entertainment and shopping.'
[im Posted by GinSmugglers in Thailand Nov 2016 | Nov 21, 2016
- Yi Peng Festival in Chiang Mai, Thailand
We planned our visit to Chiang Mai to coincide with the Yi Peng lantern festival, which also happened to be at the same time as Loi Kratong. Yi Peng's main activity is decorating the ci Posted by jillandloic in Jill and Loïc Adventures of a lifetime | Nov 17, 2016
- Moving South[float=left][/float][float=right][/float]We didn't buy anything in Bangkok but by the time we'd stuffed our heavier travelling clothes into our suitcases, they were bulging at the seams. Even so, they are only medium sized ones, positively dwarfed by the Posted by GinSmugglers in Thailand Nov 2016 | Nov 16, 2016
- Chiang Mai, Thailand- pre-festival
We spent a lovely first 3 days in [[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiang_Mai|Chiang Mai]], in northern Thailand. Our first day we visited a nearby market to stock up on fruit f Posted by jillandloic in Jill and Loïc Adventures of a lifetime | Nov 12, 2016
- Kanchanaburi, ThailandWe landed in Bangkok and spent the night, but boarded a train the next morning for Kanchanaburi, Thailand. The town is famous for its role in WWII, as one of the towns that still has part of the railroad Posted by jillandloic in Jill and Loïc Adventures of a lifetime | Nov 10, 2016
- Bangkok in Black and WhiteBangkok is definitely a city in mourning. Four weeks on from the death of the King black and white ribbons adorn shop fronts and hoardings, huge pictures of the much loved monarch and messages of condolence are displayed everywhere. The Posted by GinSmugglers in Thailand Nov 2016 | Nov 9, 2016
- Varigated world...After two nights in a relatively newer hotel on Sunrise Beach, I declared my interest in switching to the much cooler assemblage of beach huts next door at the Zanom Sunrise Beach Resort...a diving camp with thatched roof huts, hammocks Posted by oedipamaas in Strange Horizons | Nov 7, 2016
- Hello from the South Adaman coast....So I left Cambodia behind an ended up in Phuket, Thailand for a day and a half. Quite a contrast it was. At the Phuket airport, a French Canadian asked if I wanted to share a cab to Posted by oedipamaas in Strange Horizons | Nov 6, 2016
- Last week in ThailandSawasdee Ka!
I am currently writing this with exactly one more week to go in Thailand. Time flew by soooooo fast! Were finishing the last assignments and reaching our deadlines. Indonesian visa is also in the pocket! All set to go Posted by abhofman in Britt in Asia | Nov 5, 2016
- Laem Chabang (port for Bangkok)Our ship backed slowly into her berth amongst the massive dock cranes and large cargo ships. Normally she's an imposing feature in the port but here she's just another big structure. The very large terminal building also stands Posted by greynomadm in 2016-09 UK to Sydney | Oct 31, 2016
- Ko Samui - ThailandTotal overcast continues and the humidity must have exceeded 100% because we've experienced almost constant drizzle, expected high temperature 29°C/84.2°F again. We are at anchor off the island of Ko Samui on Thailand's East Coast. Once again the Posted by greynomadm in 2016-09 UK to Sydney | Oct 30, 2016
- Bound for Ko SamuiAnother sea day with humidity up to 98% it feels like it is raining. No sign of the sunrise, the sky went from dark grey to a somewhat lighter shade.
Solved the outstanding mystery with regard to my Internet Account. Posted by greynomadm in 2016-09 UK to Sydney | Oct 29, 2016
- SingaporeLow cloud delayed the sunrise and it was almost 07:00 when a soft light broke through. I was impressed by the number of ships waiting to enter the port.
We had nothing organised for today and we wandered Posted by greynomadm in 2016-09 UK to Sydney | Oct 28, 2016
- Phuket Town in ThailandWe arrived in Phuket with only vague outlines of land in sight due to a serious fog. The ship dropped anchor a considerable distance from the port, this was to be the first tendered port on this cruise. Posted by greynomadm in 2016-09 UK to Sydney | Oct 26, 2016
- Farewell Bhutan, now for some R & R in BangkokIt's hard to write an end to a holiday. Although our travels in Bhutan concluded today, we still have a few days in Bangkok before we head home. We could not sleep in as John had planned a Posted by jack_and_daisy in Living the Dream - 2 | Oct 25, 2016
- Phuket Tomorrow - Day Three at SeaAs expected the published sunrise time was off by about 50 minutes. Despite an extended wait there was no rewarding image. I took some insurance shots in the Adagio Bar on Deck 16 and knocked some of them Posted by greynomadm in 2016-09 UK to Sydney | Oct 25, 2016
- East of Sri Lanka - Day Two at SeaThere is the promise of showers today and there is a slight swell providing some gentle motion to the ship. Heavy clouds low on the horizon prevented any startling sunrise images. Usual routine, breakfast, Jenny off to the Posted by greynomadm in 2016-09 UK to Sydney | Oct 24, 2016
- Destination Phuket - Day One at SeaA grey morning with dense clouds over the Eastern horizon. Fortunately no rain. Uploaded to the Internet last night and could have spent a bit longer in bed because the sun was a 'no show' this morning. Posted by greynomadm in 2016-09 UK to Sydney | Oct 23, 2016
- Vacation time!!Hello everyone!
It has been quite some time now but that was because we went on a vacation for around 9 days. I did not bring my laptop with me so I could not write anything down. After being in Thailand Posted by abhofman in Britt in Asia | Oct 21, 2016
- Family Time - Part Two[[http://lettersfromcharlotte.travellerspoint.com/32/|Click here to read PART ONE ]]
Life on Sodsai Farm quickly becomes routine. Yann and Piak both take off within a couple of days, Posted by chb00001 in Letters from Charlotte | Oct 21, 2016
- Sydney to BangkokToday we set off on a trip that has been on our bucket list for ten years. Each time we would think about going, another destination would push this trip back to the waiting list and we began to Posted by jack_and_daisy in Living the Dream - 2 | Oct 12, 2016
- Vegetarian Festival in Bangkok
China Gate at Yaowarat is the best starting point to explore Bangkok's Chinatown and sample some best vegetarian food during Nine Emperor Gods Festival
[img=http://photos.travel Posted by kidd27 in Exploring Bangkok | Oct 8, 2016
- Thai Food (Part 2)Food is essential when you are on the go while travelling because adequate food provide the energy required to explore places. Food also adds the spice in travelling itinerary due to the new and exciting experience in trying different food Posted by kidd27 in Exploring Bangkok | Oct 7, 2016
- Chiang Mai Now next up…we are done with the beaches and heading to Northern Thailand—Chiang Mai. This was the morning when we found out about the unfortunate events that hit Thailand. There were bombings in Phuket, Hua Posted by kellyenright21 in Life Abroad | Oct 4, 2016
- Koh Samui Our fourth stop in Thailand is Koh Samui, which is farther north than the islands of Phuket and Phi Phi. It is also where we will be meeting up with Lili, after her two day Posted by kellyenright21 in Life Abroad | Oct 4, 2016