- Krabi kayaking and antsThe next morning we learned why the guesthouse had a no food in the rooms policy. I went out on the balcony to make myself a breakfast sandwich only to find nature had added its own protein. The jar swarmed Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | May 15, 2015
- Nong KhaiLeft Ayutthaya on a sleeper train to Nong Khai, so tired after a day of walking in the blazing heat!
This sleeper train wasn't as nice as the one going to Chiang Mai, the beds were smaller and it was Posted by trinabean in Trina's BIG 30th adventure | May 12, 2015
- AyutthayaThe 1.30 minute train journey took more like 2 hours...which was good considering the last train arrived 3 hours late!
[img=http://pho Posted by trinabean in Trina's BIG 30th adventure | May 12, 2015
- Bangkok 2Back to Bangkok to get my visa for vietnam, have done most of the temples and am slightly templed-out! So went to the shopping district!
This is the polar opposite to Tokyo, the roads are pa Posted by trinabean in Trina's BIG 30th adventure | May 11, 2015
- Ao Nang Beach BumsIn the morning, we had our breakfast on the balcony to avoid eating in the room and breaking the guesthouse's rule. Peanut butter sandwiches and apples were a good call. After that we got ourselves beach ready, digging out the Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | May 12, 2015
- SukhothaiIn Sukhothai for one day to hit the historical park!
Somehow managed to catch a full- on cold between Chiang Mai and Sukhothai ??!
Got up jumped on a songthaew to the old town, [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/727905/B6B587EC925BEF44D0CC0ACE41 Posted by trinabean in Trina's BIG 30th adventure | May 11, 2015
- Chiang Mai - Tiger Kingdom :DToday is the day I have been waiting for since I got to Thailand Tiger Kingdom!!!!! I'd already sold 2 of the girls in the hostel into going and also 3 people on the elephant trip, who I am meeting Posted by trinabean in Trina's BIG 30th adventure | May 10, 2015
- chiang MaiSo started off the journey with a tuk tuk ride to the train station
Sleeper train seems quite comfy, it's not fully booked and I have a section of chairs all to myself! Wasn't long before the Posted by trinabean in Trina's BIG 30th adventure | May 10, 2015
- Ayutthaya and LopburiIt's difficult to know what to say about these former capitals of Siam. Other than the ruins they are famous for they are peasant but fairly unremarkable. Both though we're exceptionally hot with the temperature reaching 100 degs F and Posted by MalcolmB in Mal's Asia Trip 2015 | May 8, 2015
- 8th MayArrived in Bangkok after a 24h trip. Slept well for about 9 hours on the
. First thing you notice is the poverty with makeshift shelters right up to the railway track, the roofs no more than five cm from Posted by krautabout in Rainer's trip to Europe by train(almost) | May 7, 2015
- Mimosa: The City of Colours (Love)Mimosa as searched over Google on what it means interpreted it as another name for silk tree or an Australian acacia tree with fernlike leaves and yellow flowers used by florists. What about the Mimosa in Pattaya city, Chon Buri Posted by kidd27 in From Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh City | May 5, 2015
- Amazing Bangkok Food TravelTravelling has always been closely linked to food because when you landed your footprints in that particular country, you would always get to experience the food which are unique and distinctive to it. Amazing and Unseen Thailand are the 2 Posted by kidd27 in Exploring Bangkok | May 5, 2015
- Chiang Mai, Thailand
9/27/14 at 2047 (Bangkok time)
On the train on my way from Bangkok to Chiang Mai, realizing that this my first time being on a train that's not at Disneyland or Knott' Posted by WanderingWorld in Enjoying the Banquet | May 3, 2015
- To Krabi town!The flight to Kuala Lumpur was long but we managed to sleep just a bit. The cabin was pretty dry when combined with all the arid weather we faced in China, so we had to buy a bottle of water. Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | May 2, 2015
- Bangkok, Thailand [center][/center]
9/24/14 at 1618 (Bangkok time)
After over 24 hours of travel, I'm in Bangkok, Thailand! The public transit is amazing and the directions were pretty sp Posted by WanderingWorld in Enjoying the Banquet | Mar 31, 2015
- Bangkok (again) and Kanchanaburi I spent a couple more days in Bangkok, enjoying the city a little more this time, mainly due to finding some great places to eat and drink.
Did a little sight Posted by MalcolmB in Mal's Asia Trip 2015 | May 1, 2015
- BangkokWoohoo didn't get searched in bangkok! In actual fact the lady took me out of the que, so my bags didn't even get scanned!
Tried to call my bank again lost nearly £20 credit and got nothing accomplished except confirming Posted by trinabean in Trina's BIG 30th adventure | Apr 29, 2015
- Ko Samet and Ko Chang'
On Sunday I took an 8.00am minibus from Khao San to Ko Samet in search of a nice quite beach. Half way there the heavens opened and torrential ran fell for an hour or so which meant that by the Posted by MalcolmB in Mal's Asia Trip 2015 | Apr 29, 2015
- Tham Than Lot National Park - คายัค บ้านบ่อท่อ
We decided to try this Kayak trip which would take us into the caves of Tham Than Lot National Park.
We walked along a wooden walkway where we were Posted by timinphuket in TiminPhuket - things to do | Apr 27, 2015
- Tribes & TemplesOur day started with a 4-5hour bus ride from Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai, through mountains. Will I ever tire of the green scenery or rice paddys?
We donned our sunnies & stopped out the White Temple, it's only 20 years Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Apr 15, 2015
- BangkokI now have a shiny new passport , a new credit card, a renewed sense of adventure and an undiminished longing to see what lies around the next corner. So here we go again!
Mal's Posted by MalcolmB in Mal's Asia Trip 2015 | Apr 14, 2015
- So an American, a Canadian & an Aussie walk into a barWhat am I saying it's more like a bunch of Americans, Canadians, Aussies, Chinese, South African..... Walk into a bar in Thailand ... Scrap that a cabaret bar ... Oh it was a lady boy show ok. Talk about laugh, Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Apr 14, 2015
- Drive By Shootings Yes today I have witnessed drive by shootings
It's Songkran so there's people everywhere with buckets of water, hoses, water pistols, there on tuk tuks, motor bikes, th Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Apr 13, 2015
- Songkran Thai new year or the water festival it's a time to dust off your water pistol & join the fun.
You get soaked, there's water getting chucked on you, you get caught in the cross fire, then random people rub this Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Apr 12, 2015
- Bangkok - City of 7/11sA little less sleep deprived Aussie & her California room mate set off to explore this morning, we made it to the hotel reception where we bumped into a couple of others from our tour. So we took a day Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Apr 12, 2015