- Krock, tappat kort & 1260 sjukt jobbiga steg i härligt KrabiNär man väl ska summera de få dagarna vi hade i Krabi så inser man att de lugna, sköna dagarna faktiskt innehöll en hel del.
Från Koh Lanta tog det knappt två timmar till Krabi Sands resort, där vi skulle Posted by Stefan Hök in Hok Family Trip | Dec 10, 2016
- Phuket, ThailandTuesday, December 6
It struck us today that we are exactly halfway around the world from Regina and 300 km north of the equator. We’ve turned our clocks forward a total of 12 hours and the heat and humidity Posted by HosMiniTravels in Travels to Asia | Dec 7, 2016
- På besök hos Oscar och familj i Koh LantaPå något sätt uppskattar man nästan bil mer när man är ute och reser än man gör hemma. Det kändes så grymt skönt att kunna packa bilen och dra vidare på ett enkelt sätt, från Huay Yang till Koh Lanta Posted by Stefan Hök in Hok Family Trip | Dec 5, 2016
- Simhopp i Gurras pool[img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/wiH5qsU47LZVUp3Czt9pdlGvoi7bsRTArO1RCqrE9287ysu0WQoQQEMAt0BSblgb6N9u_KyZxqHNq9HLZ2aHul8LPrWEdP6CL352qtFFGDaSxmx4RJrD2_K-3PLYZ5SQE5Q5paVI6M1dtsZ_Xcz8YqIn3ZGvKQoAF8ExGG6RhsacYIsFP5ShNsl8PdkMIAMzUxwfNWPSvs06MXEDvp7T9U-s Posted by Stefan Hök in Hok Family Trip | Dec 5, 2016
- 27th - Last DayToday was slightly cooler, but the main difference was that the humidity was lower. Although still hot for us Brits at least it was more manageable.
We made our way to the Sky Train - via 7-11 of course for drinks Posted by colins5286 in Asian Travels | Dec 3, 2016
- 26th NovemberToday we decided to get up earlier and head for the temples, knowing that (seeing as Trailfinders had stuck us in the suburbs, miles away from the sights) it would be a fair trek and that heading out earlier MIGHT Posted by colins5286 in Asian Travels | Dec 3, 2016
- Veckan med Gurra i Huay YangNr vi lämnade Sverige första oktober var det långt ifrån självklart att Gurra skulle kunna komma loss för att hänga med oss en vecka i hans hus i Huay Yang. Men så blev det, och vilken grym vecka vi hade! Posted by Stefan Hök in Hok Family Trip | Nov 30, 2016
- After the Rains Came DownAfter all the clouds and rain, moving day dawned quite pleasantly and we were excited to be leaving the big resort and moving north to the pretty little Riverside Hotel. We got all packed up and were collected promptly at Posted by GinSmugglers in Thailand Nov 2016 | Nov 27, 2016
- Colin's new friend
Posted by colins5286 in Asian Travels | Nov 26, 2016
- 25th NovemberLazy start to the day and a nice lay in.
Once up and out and about we decided it was nearer lunch time, so saw a small cafe near the hotel.
Despite asking for tofu Craig ended up being served chicken in Posted by colins5286 in Asian Travels | Nov 26, 2016
- Patong BeachAfter a day at sea we anchored off Patong Beach in Phuket at around 12pm. Deb organised a van and we took an hour drive (with traffic) to our friend Diane's place in Ayong Bay. Here Deb and the rest Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Nov 25, 2016
- Day time skyline
Posted by colins5286 in Asian Travels | Nov 25, 2016
- Bangkok's Grand Palace===Overview===
The Grand Palace Complex is the must see place when you go to Bangkok. Claire and I saw it on our last trip and it still is as impressive as it was 33 years ago.
The complex is a large walled Posted by tedvanrossum in Ted's Big Adventure | Nov 25, 2016
- Bangkok Skyline
Posted by colins5286 in Asian Travels | Nov 25, 2016
- End of tourWe moved our luggage into Christie's room then we all met up in the lobby and we checked out.
We visited the Grand Palace during thr morning, after we managed to get a taxi - 200 bhat between 5, which was Posted by colins5286 in Asian Travels | Nov 25, 2016
- 23rd NovemberToday was mostly travelling. Early start, too. This was to maximise the chances of getting to the Thai border before lunch time when it gets very busy.
The minibus was very cramped so you couldn't get a rest. We had a Posted by colins5286 in Asian Travels | Nov 25, 2016
- Bangkok===Bangkok ===
When Claire and I visited Bangkok 33 years ago, it was a sprawling, bustling, city with congested streets and a beautiful Palace complex; and though I could almost use the same phrase to describe today; it is a Posted by tedvanrossum in Ted's Big Adventure | Nov 23, 2016
- What is a Resort?According to Wikipedia, the term 'resort' refers to 'a self-contained commercial property which attempts to provide for most of a vacationers wants whilst remaining on the premises, such as food, drink, lodging, sports, entertainment and shopping.'
[im Posted by GinSmugglers in Thailand Nov 2016 | Nov 21, 2016
- Yi Peng Festival in Chiang Mai, Thailand
We planned our visit to Chiang Mai to coincide with the Yi Peng lantern festival, which also happened to be at the same time as Loi Kratong. Yi Peng's main activity is decorating the ci Posted by jillandloic in Jill and Loïc Adventures of a lifetime | Nov 17, 2016
- Moving South[float=left][/float][float=right][/float]We didn't buy anything in Bangkok but by the time we'd stuffed our heavier travelling clothes into our suitcases, they were bulging at the seams. Even so, they are only medium sized ones, positively dwarfed by the Posted by GinSmugglers in Thailand Nov 2016 | Nov 16, 2016
- Chiang Mai, Thailand- pre-festival
We spent a lovely first 3 days in [[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiang_Mai|Chiang Mai]], in northern Thailand. Our first day we visited a nearby market to stock up on fruit f Posted by jillandloic in Jill and Loïc Adventures of a lifetime | Nov 12, 2016
- Kanchanaburi, ThailandWe landed in Bangkok and spent the night, but boarded a train the next morning for Kanchanaburi, Thailand. The town is famous for its role in WWII, as one of the towns that still has part of the railroad Posted by jillandloic in Jill and Loïc Adventures of a lifetime | Nov 10, 2016
- Bangkok in Black and WhiteBangkok is definitely a city in mourning. Four weeks on from the death of the King black and white ribbons adorn shop fronts and hoardings, huge pictures of the much loved monarch and messages of condolence are displayed everywhere. The Posted by GinSmugglers in Thailand Nov 2016 | Nov 9, 2016
- Varigated world...After two nights in a relatively newer hotel on Sunrise Beach, I declared my interest in switching to the much cooler assemblage of beach huts next door at the Zanom Sunrise Beach Resort...a diving camp with thatched roof huts, hammocks Posted by oedipamaas in Strange Horizons | Nov 7, 2016
- Hello from the South Adaman coast....So I left Cambodia behind an ended up in Phuket, Thailand for a day and a half. Quite a contrast it was. At the Phuket airport, a French Canadian asked if I wanted to share a cab to Posted by oedipamaas in Strange Horizons | Nov 6, 2016