- Monkeys & MassagesHello
We arrived in Krabi, a large town in Southern Thailand on the Andaman Coast well known for its limestone karsts and mangroves. It is situated on an estuary and the nearest beach is situated a half an hour trip in Posted by simon.steph in Simon and Steph Go East | Feb 11, 2017
- Sawadee KaHi everyone
For the last five days we have been in Chiangmai, Thailand's northern capital nestled in the mountains 680km north of Bangkok. Chiang Mai was founded in the 13th century and was once the capital of the Lanna Kingdom. The Posted by simon.steph in Simon and Steph Go East | Feb 6, 2017
- Ping Pong show in Bangkok===Prologue...===
There is no one who has been to Thailand and never heard of Ping Pong shows. When I visited Bangkok for the first time back in 2010 I agreed with one of my fellow travelers that we must go to Posted by dima.safr in Roaming the world | Feb 4, 2017
- Chiang Mai - RiversideRiverside in Chiang Mai is between the western wall of the old city and, as you might expect, the river. It has two major markets - Warorot and the Night Bazaar - as well as many establishments for the consumption Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Jan 31, 2017
- Chiang Mai - Old CityThere is some irony in referring to the old city, given that Chiang Mai actually means new city. This is because it was established as the second capital (after Chiang Rai) of an area of northern Thailand in 1296 - Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Jan 30, 2017
- Sunburn and SinghaHello All
We left Koh Samui on the East coast of Thailand after a few days and travelled west to Khao Lak, on the other side of mainland Thailand. we arrived a couple of days ago after taking a taxi, a Posted by simon.steph in Simon and Steph Go East | Jan 28, 2017
- The Arrival==I've moved! ==
You can continue reading my letters following the link below!
See you there ;) Posted by chb00001 in Letters from Charlotte | Feb 21, 2016
- Chiang Mai - Su Thep areaI have already been to Chiang Mai a couple of times - in fact, I was there the very first time I left New Zealand. I got myself in an awkward position in Bangkok, so fled north in a bus Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Jan 22, 2017
- Burnt and beautifulHello All
We have left Bangkok and travelled south to the island of Koh Samui, an island of approx 55km circumference nestling 70km from the west coast of Thailand. We loved Bangkok, it is an amazing city, truely something for everyone! Posted by simon.steph in Simon and Steph Go East | Jan 22, 2017
- Day 1 - doing the tourist bitHello!
Bangkok is one crazy, hot and exciting city!
We brought a day ticket to hop on and off boats along the river Chao Phraya in Bangkok, a visit to an enormous flower and produce market started the day. Mountains of chillies, Posted by simon.steph in Simon and Steph Go East | Jan 18, 2017
- BFFs i BGKVår resa började hemma hos Mannheimers den sista september, och tre månader senare var det dags för reunion i Bangkok!
Precis som den där dagen i slutet av september så sprang tiden iväg och de tre dagarna vi hängde med Moa, Posted by Stefan Hök in Hok Family Trip | Jan 17, 2017
Phuket wasn't really our third port of call, it was our 4th, but a man had a heart attack on the ship and had to be taken to the nearest hospital, that was at Phuket, s Posted by balhannahrise in Just Cruising | Jan 15, 2017
- Day 4Day 4 started out badly as unfortunately the partying next door had reached new heights during the night. I wouldn’t have minded if they had invited me!
We consequently spent a fairly quiet day walking around the streets opposite the hotel. Posted by RogerLaHaye in The Asian Adventure | Jan 14, 2017
- Krabi i Koh NgaiKolejnym celem naszej podróży było zachodnie wybrzeże Tajlandii nad Morzem Andamańskim, a konkretnie Krabi (miejscowość Ao Nang) i wyspa Koh Ngai.
Z tajskich gór kilka godzin jechaliśmy krętą drogą w szóstkę vanem do Chiang Mai, skąd samolo Posted by Jakub W in David i Jakub w Azji | Jan 12, 2017
- Północna TajlandiaZ Chiang Mai pojechaliśmy vanem na północ kraju pod granicę z Mjanmą, do miejscowości Ban Thamlod. W przygranicznej miejscowości wybraliśmy się do krasowej jaskini, którą płynie rzeka, oraz na jednodniowy trek do sąsiedniej wioski.
W [b]Ba Posted by Jakub W in David i Jakub w Azji | Jan 6, 2017
- Gotowanie w Chiang Mai Drugiego stycznia lecieliśmy z Bangkoku do Chiang Mai spotkać się z Leatitią, Gregiem, Samantą i Rafaelem. Poza zwiedzaniem i lekcją gotowania, Chiang Mai, posłużyło nam za bazę wypadową do wyprawy na północny skrawek Tajlandii.
W porówna Posted by Jakub W in David i Jakub w Azji | Jan 6, 2017
- Day 2Christine arose early and spent a leisurely morning waiting for me to appear. It was a slightly longer wait than planned......
My excuse is the carousing gentlemen arriving here for their annual award ceremony - an event the thought of which Posted by RogerLaHaye in The Asian Adventure | Jan 5, 2017
- ArrivalAfter a remarkably unremarkable flight we arrived in Bangkok early on Wednesday morning. A taxi ride into the city allowed us to see most of the new skyscrapers that now dominate Bangkoks skyline and not least was the one that Posted by RogerLaHaye in The Asian Adventure | Jan 5, 2017
- Chiang Mai - City of SmilesFor this year end, I joined my friends for a short trip to Thailand, covering Chiang Mai and Bangkok including participating in the Chiang Mai Marathon. I guess this will be a short write-up as I am not writing anything Posted by acerchuan in Acerchuan Travel Blog | Jan 1, 2017
- Sylwester w Bangkoku
Do Bangkoku jechaliśmy z Sihanoukville w Kambodży. Okazało się, że autobus nocny jechał okrężną trasą przez Phnom Penh i Battambang. Na szczęście w autobusie były łóżka zamiast siedzeń, choć niestety rozmiaru kambodżańskiego. O 9-tej rano, p Posted by Jakub W in David i Jakub w Azji | Jan 1, 2017
- Day 8 - Last day in Thailand
Day 8 - Last day in Thailand
After yesterday's adrenalined filled day, we decided to spent our last day in Thailand (and this year!)
relaxing island hopping around Ao Nang in the Andaman Sea.
We arranged to go on a speed Posted by Andy-Irene in Bangkok to Bali | Dec 31, 2016
- Day 7 - Ao Nang, Krabi
After saying goodbye to our Homestay guests, Irene and I left the main group and
departed for Krabi at 7am as we'd managed to luckily arrange a diving trip near to Phi Phi island.
We left Ao Nang beach just after Posted by Andy-Irene in Bangkok to Bali | Dec 30, 2016
- Day 6 - At a Homestay
Today we said goodbye to the National Park and headed further south in to the Krabi Province on route to Ao Nang.
After a leisurely start we had a walk around the village and had some brunch before leaving just Posted by Andy-Irene in Bangkok to Bali | Dec 30, 2016
- Day 5 - Khao Sok National Park
After our first night in our rustic hut, surviving the mega sized mosquitos and robbing monkeys,
we drifted into a pleasant sleep aided by a frog chorus and cicadas singing.
We had an early breakfast and then left for a full Posted by Andy-Irene in Bangkok to Bali | Dec 28, 2016
- Day 4 - Khao Sok National Park
The overnight train arrived into Surat Thani at 7.30am, 12 hours after leaving Bangkok, the night train ride went well all things considered -
although we seem to keep stopping every 20mins or so at first and only travelling at Posted by Andy-Irene in Bangkok to Bali | Dec 27, 2016