- Day 7: Transit Three?I'll put up a picture in my next entry, but someone on board ship has started a seasickness poll on the whiteboard in the main lab. Since so many of the science party have fallen ill, the rest of us Posted by mrh616 in Living Revelle | Apr 23, 2015
- Day 10
More pics of Heilala's grounds
There were a few of these in the trees - Posted by judesbucketlist in Tonga | Oct 31, 2014
- Day 8Turned out grey again today, and I wasn’t in the mood to swim, so caught a ride in Heilala’s van into Nuku’alofa.
A couple of house Posted by judesbucketlist in Tonga | Oct 26, 2014
- Day 7Finally, a glorious day! There were enough fluffy clouds to take the edge off the sun. Perfect snorkelling weather, which is what I did twice before lunch & once in the afternoon at dead low tide. The Posted by judesbucketlist in Tonga | Oct 26, 2014
- Day 5, part 2Oholei Beach Resort, the venue for Lonely Planet's most highly recommended cultural show in Tonga, is across the other side of the island from Heilala, a good hour's drive away. We were picked up at 6, a scant half Posted by judesbucketlist in Tonga | Oct 26, 2014
- Day 5, part 1I’ll do this day in two parts/days, otherwise it will be a very, very long post!
It started out overcast today then turned into full-on tropical rain alternating with rain and showers.
The island tour was pretty good despite the Posted by judesbucketlist in Tonga | Oct 24, 2014
- Day 4Today was another grey day for the most part, but as they’ve recently been in a drought I can hardly begrudge the Tongans a little relief from the scorching sun.
[center][/ Posted by judesbucketlist in Tonga | Oct 23, 2014
- Day 3A few new people arrived here at Heilala early this morning (a bunch more Kiwis & a Portuguese couple), and we were all taken into Nuku'alofa for the "city" orientation. Let's just say, it's not the most salubrious or Posted by judesbucketlist in Tonga | Oct 22, 2014
- Day 2(Major internet issues)
The day dawned bright and – damn, I can’t lie – grey & dull, as it happens. It was coolish but still humid last night & the temperature during the day today was definitely bearable. The Posted by judesbucketlist in Tonga | Oct 21, 2014
- Day 1After a great flight from Auckland that took only 2 1\2 hours, we touched down in the rain at Tonga’s tiny airport. Rick from Heilala Holiday Lodge was there to greet me & placed 2 beautiful, fragrant frangipani lei Posted by judesbucketlist in Tonga | Oct 20, 2014
- The Kingdom of Tonga
After four days and five nights we reach our first port. As the sun rose we saw the low lying island of Tongatapu which is the largest of the many islands in the Kingdom of Tonga and the home Posted by greynomadm in 2013 Polynesia Cruise | Sep 7, 2013
- Sea Day FourThe ocean is almost calm this morning and many of the open decks are now open again. The sunrise was more spectacular too and I spent a good while watching it develop from the unobstructed vantage point of Deck Posted by greynomadm in 2013 Polynesia Cruise | Sep 6, 2013
- Sea Day ThreeA rough night got worse with loud banging noises coming from the bow of the ship. About 0600 the noise stopped, no idea what it was or where it came from.
Made my way up to deck 14 for a Posted by greynomadm in 2013 Polynesia Cruise | Sep 5, 2013
- TongaDecadentie ten top. We hebben besloten om er even een weekje tussenuit te gaan gezien onze actieve reisschema's in Zuid-Amerika en Nieuw Zeeland.... ;-) Weer een unicum, want hoe vaak heb je nou vakantie in een vakantie? Echte mazzelaars zijn Posted by Erik-Margriet in Erik & Margriet in...... | Nov 21, 2012
- Visit to ‘EuaTonga is made up of several island groups. The Ha’apai and Vava’u groups are rather far north, and given that I only have about a week in Tonga, I figure I'll stick close to Tongatapu. There are various Posted by sbw2109 in Sea Turtle Secrets | Nov 16, 2011
- Around TongatapuOn Sunday in Tonga, everything shuts down and everyone goes to church. This leaves tourists and heathens somewhat high and dry with no shopping, tours, taxis, etc. But natural beauty is available seven days a week. I’ve Posted by sbw2109 in Sea Turtle Secrets | Nov 14, 2011
- Arriving in TongaThe air in Tonga is different. I feel it as I descend the stairs onto the tarmac. It is like a caress.
Immigration in Tonga is different. I sense it as I amble into the line, bleary-eyed at Posted by sbw2109 in Sea Turtle Secrets | Nov 7, 2011
- Foa on Horseback: An Experience I will Never Forget[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/414775/P1080442.jpg thumb=http:/ Posted by gwensam in Playing Hooky in Oz and Other Places... | Oct 30, 2011
- TongaaaaahhhhSo, after a reasonable travel day, we arrived in Tongatapu in the later evening and stayed at a guesthouse called Ali Baba's. Our friend Troy said this was close to the airport and cheap and since it was a quick Posted by gwensam in Playing Hooky in Oz and Other Places... | Oct 28, 2011
- SUNDAY. - FEB. 6TONGA
The Royal Palace of Tonga. Here we are on the other side of the International Dateline in the island kingdom of Tonga. Because of the way time has to work, we we Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 3 | Feb 7, 2011
- TongaThis was our holiday from Tonga in November 09
[img=http://pho Posted by CraigHel in Tonga | Oct 8, 2010
- World's Edge
After colder reception in NZ (I don't mean customs, it was also the rainy weather), it was time again for some tropical chill-out.
Kingdom of [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonga Posted by wedrowycz in My Walkabout | Oct 26, 2009
- Sione's VisitCopyright 1995 Bonnie McGee
Sione’s Visit (Tonga)
“On your island,” Sione asked, “how much does a boat like this cost?”
“Many, many dollars,” I answered. I glanced down the topsides of my thirty-three foot sloop, small by most ocean-crossing Posted by VOTW in VOICES ON THE WIND | Oct 21, 2009
- Pacific Dawn Cruise/Tahiti - TongaDuring the night the ship had lost power and stopped for about 1 hour, I slept through but Geri had been awake, must have been the phenergan I took and earplugs!!
Up about 6.45am, sat with Julie and Graham for brekky, Posted by cheznandy in Chez N Andy's Travels | Jun 7, 2008
- Here we come Alberta...cold weather and snowToday we are playing the waiting game. Last day and fly day! We leave Tonga tonight at 9:00 (today is Wednesday) and stop in Samoa where it will be 10:00 (Tuesday). Today we lose 24 hours just Posted by Bada Bing in John & Donna go Down Under | Mar 30, 2009