- The Kingdom of Tonga
After four days and five nights we reach our first port. As the sun rose we saw the low lying island of Tongatapu which is the largest of the many islands in the Kingdom of Tonga and the home Posted by greynomadm in 2013 Polynesia Cruise | Sep 7, 2013
- Sea Day FourThe ocean is almost calm this morning and many of the open decks are now open again. The sunrise was more spectacular too and I spent a good while watching it develop from the unobstructed vantage point of Deck Posted by greynomadm in 2013 Polynesia Cruise | Sep 6, 2013
- Sea Day ThreeA rough night got worse with loud banging noises coming from the bow of the ship. About 0600 the noise stopped, no idea what it was or where it came from.
Made my way up to deck 14 for a Posted by greynomadm in 2013 Polynesia Cruise | Sep 5, 2013
- TongaDecadentie ten top. We hebben besloten om er even een weekje tussenuit te gaan gezien onze actieve reisschema's in Zuid-Amerika en Nieuw Zeeland.... ;-) Weer een unicum, want hoe vaak heb je nou vakantie in een vakantie? Echte mazzelaars zijn Posted by Erik-Margriet in Erik & Margriet in...... | Nov 21, 2012
- Visit to ‘EuaTonga is made up of several island groups. The Ha’apai and Vava’u groups are rather far north, and given that I only have about a week in Tonga, I figure I'll stick close to Tongatapu. There are various Posted by sbw2109 in Sea Turtle Secrets | Nov 16, 2011
- Around TongatapuOn Sunday in Tonga, everything shuts down and everyone goes to church. This leaves tourists and heathens somewhat high and dry with no shopping, tours, taxis, etc. But natural beauty is available seven days a week. I’ve Posted by sbw2109 in Sea Turtle Secrets | Nov 14, 2011
- Arriving in TongaThe air in Tonga is different. I feel it as I descend the stairs onto the tarmac. It is like a caress.
Immigration in Tonga is different. I sense it as I amble into the line, bleary-eyed at Posted by sbw2109 in Sea Turtle Secrets | Nov 7, 2011
- Foa on Horseback: An Experience I will Never Forget[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/414775/P1080442.jpg thumb=http:/ Posted by gwensam in Playing Hooky in Oz and Other Places... | Oct 30, 2011
- TongaaaaahhhhSo, after a reasonable travel day, we arrived in Tongatapu in the later evening and stayed at a guesthouse called Ali Baba's. Our friend Troy said this was close to the airport and cheap and since it was a quick Posted by gwensam in Playing Hooky in Oz and Other Places... | Oct 28, 2011
- SUNDAY. - FEB. 6TONGA
The Royal Palace of Tonga. Here we are on the other side of the International Dateline in the island kingdom of Tonga. Because of the way time has to work, we we Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 3 | Feb 7, 2011
- TongaThis was our holiday from Tonga in November 09
[img=http://pho Posted by CraigHel in Tonga | Oct 8, 2010
- World's Edge
After colder reception in NZ (I don't mean customs, it was also the rainy weather), it was time again for some tropical chill-out.
Kingdom of [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonga Posted by wedrowycz in My Walkabout | Oct 26, 2009
- Sione's VisitCopyright 1995 Bonnie McGee
Sione’s Visit (Tonga)
“On your island,” Sione asked, “how much does a boat like this cost?”
“Many, many dollars,” I answered. I glanced down the topsides of my thirty-three foot sloop, small by most ocean-crossing Posted by VOTW in VOICES ON THE WIND | Oct 21, 2009
- Pacific Dawn Cruise/Tahiti - TongaDuring the night the ship had lost power and stopped for about 1 hour, I slept through but Geri had been awake, must have been the phenergan I took and earplugs!!
Up about 6.45am, sat with Julie and Graham for brekky, Posted by cheznandy in Chez N Andy's Travels | Jun 7, 2008
- Here we come Alberta...cold weather and snowToday we are playing the waiting game. Last day and fly day! We leave Tonga tonight at 9:00 (today is Wednesday) and stop in Samoa where it will be 10:00 (Tuesday). Today we lose 24 hours just Posted by Bada Bing in John & Donna go Down Under | Mar 30, 2009
- A tour of TongaMarch 29
Where do I start? Perhaps at the beginning of the day, I guess! Yesterday was our day trip around the island. Our lodge owner arranged it and all we had to do was jump in the Posted by Bada Bing in John & Donna go Down Under | Mar 29, 2009
- Australian Zoo - Brisbane - TongaMarch 26
Today was Zoo day! Up and at it early and naturally, the transfer bus was late. Didn’t matter, I was like a little kid and woke up early so that I wouldn’t miss the bus…lol Long Posted by Bada Bing in John & Donna go Down Under | Mar 27, 2009
- TongaApprox. 34 hours after leaving our house we arrived at our hotel in Neiafu in Vava ú - the most beautiful area of Tonga for kayaking.
It is very hot & HUMID. So we are learing to move slowly!
We spent Posted by M-JSimmons in South Pacific Travels | Nov 12, 2008
- Last day in TongaHi!
First ever blog-entry in english. I'll try my best to get it right, but can't make any promises.
Well, this is my last day in the kingdom of Tonga. We've had mostly rain and overcast weather while we've been here, and Posted by karimor in Karis reiseblogg | Apr 23, 2007
- Tongaunder mitt korte opphold har jeg et magfold av inntrykk stroemmet mot meg. aner ikke hvor jeg skal begynne og har heller ikke tid til aa utdype.
alle kjoerer sundt i sine slitne biler (vi har ikke et navn for Posted by naomiii in ut på tur aldri sur | Apr 22, 2007
- TongaHei igjen!
First of all: Sorry Paula, had allready written most of this in Norwegian, but I'll try to keep the next entry in English. I'm in Tonga at the moment, and having a good time :) Hope you're having fun Posted by karimor in Karis reiseblogg | Apr 15, 2007
- Toni's GuesthouseNaa har jeg vaert paa Tonga i fire-fem dager, og oya jeg trodde skulle bestaa av sol, strender og palmer, har saa langt bestaatt av regn, regn og regn.. Men jeg trives utrolig godt her:) Bor paa Toni's Guesthouse der Posted by anost in Anders I Australia | Apr 19, 2007
- Tonga: malo e leleiTo start with, a little bit of Tonga for dummies: Tonga is a Kingdom, consisting of four more or less large islands (30 sqm) and 100,000 people. It lies between Fiji and Samoa, or more dummy, between Australia and US. Posted by Sander938 in South Pacific and The Philippines | Apr 16, 2007
- TongaWhich means hi in Tongan.
What a different country. It's a tiny kingdom, but the king here is one of the most powerful in the world. He appoints the government, the prime minister (which is usually his son), the works. Hence Posted by corro in Corro on adventures | Mar 26, 2007