- Istanbul and Gallipoli - Turkey==Istanbul==
Our arrival to Istanbul immediately overwhelmed us. 16 million people in 5000 sq. km spilt over 2 continents makes Istanbul the 5th biggest city in the world. We landed in Asia and took a bus to Taksim Square in Posted by travellinghoney in Can Kiwis Fly? | Apr 27, 2015
- A Turkish BathNot an early start for the final day of my one month overseas holiday. The rain was pouring outside so there was no incentive to rush out for some sightseeing. After packing my bags, breakfast (bread & honey one last Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Apr 22, 2015
- Up & Down in CappadociaUP: 4:30am for the sunrise balloon ride
DOWN: 5:10am. back in bed Ballooning cancelled due to wet weather
UP: 7:45am. Advised ballooning back on and to be ready by 8:00am
DOWN: 8:05am. Ballooning cancelled again due to wind. Next opportunity at 2:00pm Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Apr 21, 2015
- KAP-A-DOK-YAYet another early start, this time up at 4:30am to catch the morning flight to the Cappadocia region. On arrival it was raining and my shuttle service was yet again poor. The driver just left me in the mini-bus for Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Apr 20, 2015
- The Gallipoli peninsula Humblled. Respect. Gratitude. Saddened. Proud. These are just some of the emotions I felt during a sobering day on the Gallipoli peninsula. Leaving Istanbul at 6:30 am I joined RSL tours for the 4.5 hour drive to the Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Apr 19, 2015
- The Rest of Turkey!Pamukkale
We had another quite long drive from Cappadocia to Pamukkale, but we managed to leave at a good time so we arrived in the late afternoon. We could see the giant mountain of white travertine rock as we drove Posted by geoffboulton in Eastern Europe | Apr 19, 2015
- The Mosque-ito coastIn my 2 days in Istanbul I have made many friends. Strange thing is that they all want me to accompany them to their carpet shop! 'My new friends' usually hang out around the tourist attractions offering some useful a Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Apr 18, 2015
- Turkish DelightWell that was a day of hard core touring, 13 hours in total. Now that I'm back in Europe I forgot I have to contend with the 2 usual annoyances, cruise ship groups and scaffolding!
Breakfast was bread with honey, Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Apr 17, 2015
- Chicken or Fish.........Well it has been a long series of flights and airport transits from Marrakech to Istanbul. all up 24 hours. One of the hazards of solo travelling is who is allocated seats around you on the plane. On the Casblanca-Dubai Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Apr 16, 2015
- CappadociaWe arrived in Cappadocia at around 1 am after an 8 hour drive that involved driving through the capital city of Ankara and seeing a little snow. We had considered staying in Ankara for a night to split the drive Posted by geoffboulton in Eastern Europe | Apr 10, 2015
- Istanbul!Hello everyone!
It has been a crazy, packed 4 days since we got to Turkey so I haven't had much chance to write. There is so much to see in Turkey with so little time. I probably would have liked Posted by geoffboulton in Eastern Europe | Apr 8, 2015
- Istanbul, TurkeyAnd just like that I have stepped off U.S. soil to embark on a three month adventure across Europe. I will be traveling with my mom Allison from Turkey to Portugal before heading off on my own to Spain. First Posted by jvgentes in Primavera Viajera 2o15 | Mar 8, 2015
- The Land of the Anzacs[b]23rd September 2009/b]
We fly out of Luxor at 8.30 am, about 40 minutes late but this is quite common in Egypt, the next plane is waiting for us in C Posted by Rianda in Traveller Down Under | Mar 7, 2015
- "Snowball death" in Turkey
So, I am a little behind with my blog entries. This one is out of order because I found it to be important to upload it timely. I am now in Istanbul, Turkey and current Posted by nerikimmera in Diving into the World | Feb 22, 2015
- And Turkey makes 60!So now in Turkey, my 60th country to date. Well on my way to my lifetime goal of 100 by 50. Since last hearing from me, I have been to Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Albania, Kosovo, Macedonia, and Posted by AshleyC in Where in the world is Ashley Churchill? | Aug 18, 2014
- Turkey: Pammukale: Cleopatra Swam in These Thermal WatersThis night bus from Nevsehir to Pammukale on the Nevsehir bus (has been our favorite in Turkey so far) it was $25 pp, took about 8-9 hours total with fewer stops.
Cris Sneider our Italian friend that we Posted by Tony.Ruby in Ruby and Tony - Around the World | Sep 5, 2014
- Turkey: Cappadocchia: Sunrise Hot Air Balloon Ride to CavesWe were so excited to get off that horrible night bus (fly if you can) and arrived in Cappadochia in the morning. Goreme is a small town with tons of options of place to sleep including inside cave hotels. Posted by Tony.Ruby in Ruby and Tony - Around the World | Sep 4, 2014
- Morning Swim
Heres a vid us dipping our toes in a little history as we take our morning swim in Turkey.
Posted by 19jenny79 in A Long Road | Jan 5, 2015
Anche il solo pensiero che, da qualche parte, vi sia un luogo di pietre stellate, in cui una donna corpulenta riversa bolle di sapone sui corpi sdraiati tra i Posted by Marina_Calypso in Tutte le scelte che non sono stata | Jan 3, 2015
- Gallery of Europe [Part 5]Hey guys welcome to the magnificent city of Istanbul, home to over 16 billion people it is one of the most populated cities in the world. This place has so much historical elements dating back to Roman Empire rule under Posted by Lewis_E in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Dec 23, 2014
- Turkish Delight?Turkey Turkey Turkey....where do I start?? I think the best place for me to begin my next blog edition is with my first impressions of the city. Smoggy, over populated, rude and incredibly annoying. Oh boy, this isn't starting Posted by renee.coutts in Nae and the flying bear go to Europe | Dec 10, 2014
- Turkey: Istanbul: Even the New Mosque is Old!--FOODIE ALERT *****Sorry guys, we are sad to report that our back up hard drive crashed when we came back to Orlando in Sept/October and have lost a lot of photos from the rest of Germany, as well as Dubai and Nepal Posted by Tony.Ruby in Ruby and Tony - Around the World | Aug 30, 2014
- Istanbul!We were pretty excited to see Istanbul, get resupplied with a few essentials and, of course have a lot of quality time with the 'rents!
The 2 Debs had been meeting to make plans for a few months and Rob had Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Nov 13, 2014
- Food Food Glorious Food! - IstanbulI was jumping around with excitement about going to Istanbul and sampling the cuisine. I remember counting off all the things I wanted to try to Lewis on one of our bus rides on our Intrepid Trip. He raised Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Nov 10, 2014
- 2014 - AEGEAN ODYSSEY - SUMELA MONASTERY, TurkeyMY ORIGINAL INTENT FOR THESE CRUISES WAS TO VISIT THE BLACK SEA & THE CRIMEA IN PARTICULAR. I AM A FAN OF THE FLASHMAN SERIES & ONE OF THOSE BOOKS IS SET DURING THE CRIMEAN WAR. IN THE BOOK, Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Nov 9, 2014