- A Brief Taste of Eastern Turkey
This was a bit of a challenge, as I completely ignored my usual rules of writing notes down as soon as possible. A necessary result Posted by LisaOnTheRoad in Lisa On the Road ~ Non-India Adventures! | May 16, 2013
- IstanbulPrior to our visit to Gallipoli we boarded our bus at the hotel in Canakkale this morning at 7.30am and drove to the port. Our bus drove straight on to the ferry (as did numerous other buses) for our short Posted by Gibbo54 in Two Idiots Abroad | May 12, 2013
- Episode 7Nothing much to say in this one. A few brief descriptions, but I'll let the sight and sound lead the way
Posted by reinandleah in REIN & LEAH'S EUROPEAN ADVENTURE | May 13, 2013
- CanakkaleWe had to be up and on the bus this morning at the ungodly hour of 7.30am - which meant getting up at 5.45am and trying to get ourselves organised. We've lived up to our blog name this morning!
We left Posted by Gibbo54 in Two Idiots Abroad | May 11, 2013
- KusadasiOnce we get to Kusadasi tonight we say goodbye to Yigit and Yusef and join another tour group for the final 2 days. That's going to be interesting.
We left our hotel at 8.30am and are now on our in a Posted by Gibbo54 in Two Idiots Abroad | May 10, 2013
- BodrumA final breakfast in Marmaris and we jumped in our little van to head for Bodrum. Our first stop in Bodrum was the Mausoleum of Halikarnassos - which is one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.
All that's left Posted by Gibbo54 in Two Idiots Abroad | May 9, 2013
- MarmarisToday was the first quiet day that we've experienced since arriving in Turkey. We had planned to sail to Rhodes by ferry - as optional tour, but the Summer season has not yet started for the ferry timetable and we Posted by Gibbo54 in Two Idiots Abroad | May 8, 2013
- Cappadocia Region - NevsehirToday can only be described as an epic day - one which we will remember always.
Our day commenced at 4am. We met our travel mates and guide in the foyer of the hotel at 4.30am and travelled in the Posted by Gibbo54 in Two Idiots Abroad | Apr 30, 2013
- Episode 6Another packed episode, was a tough one to edit. Some good scenes left on the cutting room floor. Istanbul's Ottoman architecture was beautiful and the ANZAC service at Gallipoli was truly moving. I hope the episode can portray this.
[video provider=vi Posted by reinandleah in REIN & LEAH'S EUROPEAN ADVENTURE | May 9, 2013
- Derinkuyu Underground City and BeyondCappadocia, August 30th 2012
Quoting from [[http://www.insightguides.com/product/insight-guides-turkey/9789812822604|Insight Guides: Turkey]]
[i]No one knows how many underground cities exist in Cappadocia, and more are still being discovered. Some of Posted by automidori in A Thread of Silk | May 9, 2013
- Cappadocia Region - NevsehirA great breakfast this morning in the hotel. The fruit is beautiful - different.
We took off at 8.30am and are travelling in a south easterly direction - en route to the Cappadocia area. Sunny weather once again, rolling green hills Posted by Gibbo54 in Two Idiots Abroad | Apr 29, 2013
- MarmarisBreakfast this morning was around the pool of the hotel, and at 9am we left - continuing our journey along the coast in the south western corner of Turkey. I hadn't paid alot of attention to what we would be Posted by Gibbo54 in Two Idiots Abroad | May 7, 2013
- FettiyeYet another concrete slab for a bed!
After breakfast we were taken back to the beach where we were yesterday - which is about a 40 minute drive from the hotel. We got on board a Gulet (sailing boat) for Posted by Gibbo54 in Two Idiots Abroad | May 6, 2013
- FettiyeFor about the last week we've slept in rock hard beds - oh my aching back! Last night, as well as a concrete slab for a bed - we had no top sheet and just a cellular blanket to put Posted by Gibbo54 in Two Idiots Abroad | May 5, 2013
- KalkanOur last breakfast in this beautiful part of Turkey - another gorgeous morning. We left at 8.30am and are currently travelling along the southern coast in to the Lycia Region - through the mountain ranges. The scenery here is gobsmackingly Posted by Gibbo54 in Two Idiots Abroad | May 4, 2013
- AntalyaWe started our day this morning with a great breakfast, which included my first piece of Turkish Delight - for breakfast? Oh well, we're on holidays! We had brekky outside looking out at the spectacular mountain range just a few Posted by Gibbo54 in Two Idiots Abroad | May 3, 2013
- AnkaraI haven't mentioned our tour guide - his name is Recep (pronounced Reechep). He is a knowledgeable, humble and friendly man with a good sense of humour. He's going to be great.
Recep rounded us up at 8am this morning, with Posted by Gibbo54 in Two Idiots Abroad | Apr 28, 2013
- IstanbulWe've been wondering for months - how many people will be on this Turkey tour of ours and what size bus will we be on. This morning all our questions were answered. There are 29 people on our tour and Posted by Gibbo54 in Two Idiots Abroad | Apr 27, 2013
- AntalyaToday has been our "branch off" day. Six of the 29 tour members have left the group (including Red and I) and we are heading off in a different direction. Our tour is 18 days long and the other tour Posted by Gibbo54 in Two Idiots Abroad | May 2, 2013
- PamukkaleToday's entry should be much shorter than yesterday's - as this is largely a travelling day. We are travelling around 600 kilometres today in a westerly direction across Turkey.
We left the hotel this morning at 7.30am - another early morning. Posted by Gibbo54 in Two Idiots Abroad | May 1, 2013
- Turkey - Istanbul & GallipoliMerhaba,
We are having a great time in Turkey, currently sitting in a café in the seaside town of Kas (pronounced ‘cash’). Although getting off to a bumpy start (our taxi driver pulled a 50tl note switcharoo), we have had an Posted by reinandleah in REIN & LEAH'S EUROPEAN ADVENTURE | Apr 29, 2013
- IstanbulHere we go - our first entry in our 2013 travel blog!
We flew out of Perth last night at 11pm after saying an emotional goodbye to our beautiful family - with a unified shaking of the heads from our treasured Posted by Gibbo54 in Two Idiots Abroad | Apr 26, 2013
- Istanbul After a restless sleep (overtired I think) in a brilliantly comfortable bed, we had breakfast on the 7th Level of our hotel - with a beautiful view across the Bosphorus River. Spectacular - if a little hazy. The pollution in Posted by Gibbo54 in Two Idiots Abroad | Apr 28, 2013
- Coloring the PanoramaCappadocia, August 30th 2012
"Your driver has come," Barbara's nephew (If I'm not mistaken.) told me while I was still sitting back in Barbara's garden, cherishing the last tastes of [[http://threadofsilk.travellerspoint.com/107/|Barbara's full breakfa Posted by automidori in A Thread of Silk | Apr 26, 2013
- Sunrise on the Highest RooftopCappadocia, August 30th 2012
“Oh, it’s hot… “ I thought to myself. My back felt wet with sweat, but I didn’t have the energy to get up and take off my sweater. The next minute I was back into deep Posted by automidori in A Thread of Silk | Apr 18, 2013