- Racy Turkey. Part 1 – Istanbul and BosphorusТурецкий черновик
Крым, Пиренеи, словацкие Карпаты, грузинский Кавказ, теперь Турция - я не помню, как выглядит начало мая дома. Глядя на наш морской горизонт, знаем, что там, на другом берегу, что-то есть. Говорят - Турция. Чем не повод отправ Posted by Eugene.B in 40000 km there and back | May 27, 2015
- ANZAC Day at GallipoliWe were lucky enough to book tickets to Turkey which had us there for 25 April. When we realised this, we couldn’t miss the chance to attend the ANZAC Day ceremony at Gallipoli.
We picked up a rental car in Istanbul Posted by nzdora in The big OE (Orsome Europe) | Apr 27, 2016
- Istanbul, not ConstantinopleWe had managed to find super cheap flights to London which gave us 2 weeks in Turkey on the way for a honeymoon (of course our trip before the wedding doesn't count, why do you ask?!?!?). Since booking our flights, Posted by nzdora in The big OE (Orsome Europe) | Apr 26, 2016
- London - Istanbul Yemen has attracted me for a number of years, and I was excited about finally going. Although I knew about the dangers of kidnapping, and had spoken to people who’d been kidnapped there and released unharmed, I was not prepared Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Dec 22, 2007
- BELDİBİ, ANTALYA-TÜRKİYE Beldibi, Antalya’nın önde gelen turizm merkezlerinden biridir. En çok dikkat çeken özelliği ise, orman, yani doğa ile denizin iç içe girmesi ile oluşan muhteşem bir doğaya sahiptir. Doksanlı yılların başında yapılan yatırımlarla şimdiki halinin temelle Posted by antalyaturkey in ANTALYA - TÜRKİYE | Mar 24, 2016
- Kaleiçi (Oldtown) ANTALYA - TÜRKİYE ANTALYA Kaleiçi, Antalya'nın tam merkezinde bulunmaktadır. Bilinen bütün büyük uygarlıklara ev sahipliği yapmış olan ANTALYA, Kaleiçin'de bulunan mimari yapılar ile bunu belli etmektedir. Bilinen en güzel yeri Hadrian Kapısı'dır. Roma İmpa Posted by antalyaturkey in ANTALYA - TÜRKİYE | Mar 1, 2016
- Lara, Antalya Antalya’ya gelip, görülmeden gidilmeyecek yerlerden biri; Lara. Antalya’nın doğusunda ve Muratpaşa ilçesi sınırları içerisinde kalan Lara, doğusunda Kundu, Kuzey ve batısında Muratpaşa ilçesi bulunmaktadır. Adını plajından alan Lara, son yirmi yılda im Posted by antalyaturkey in ANTALYA - TÜRKİYE | Feb 18, 2016
- 2011 - TurkeyWhat was originally a spare of the moment thing back in December, sat at work one day with my friend Vanja, we booked ourselves on a return flight to Ankara in the hope that her friends would let us stay Posted by JosTravel2016 in Joanne's Travel | Feb 7, 2016
- Cold TurkeyWe flew into Turkey from India. When we had researched the weather in Turkey this time of the year, it looked like it would be 50 to 60 degrees and cloudy. When we arrived it was hailing and snowing....surprise! When Posted by kgula in Kurt and Karly's Honeymoon | Jan 8, 2016
- Izmir, Turkey Very intermittent internet availability and my difficulities in getting this web based blog app, makes
posting updates quite a challenge.
The ubiquitious 5" screen is everywher Posted by Coulter Adams in The Syrian Exodus | Oct 17, 2015
- Rhodes, Greece / Marmaris, Turkey ===The island of Rhodes at the crossroads of two major sea routes of the Mediterranean. the Aegean Sea and the coast of the Middle East, has made it a meeting point of three continents. It's location has put it at Posted by Coulter Adams in The Syrian Exodus | Oct 14, 2015
- EphesusEntered the port of Kusadasi (pronounced “Kush-a-das-ehhhh”), a holiday resort port town 30 minutes from the Roman ruins of Ephesus and the area supposedly where the Virgin Mary spent her last years. A large number of hotels and resorts hugged Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Sep 30, 2015
- Istanbul - in an instant!The ultimate American tour of Istanbul – Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace Harem and the Basilica Cistern in 8 hours – Wow! Great spots – but weaving through the multiple cruise ship crowds as well as being the end Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Sep 30, 2015
- Not so Turkish Delight
Hi from the high hills of Erzurum. I was hoping to be writing this from Iran, but I'm not! So there we go -
I ended my last post with a doubtful view of getting an Iranian Visa; according Posted by Banana Spokes in Bears can ride bikes | Sep 30, 2015
- hangovers and packing
Thanks to Batu we both woke up with small hangovers. We got up to say goodbye to him as he was taking the group back to Istanbul and would not be back until after we had left. After saying goodbye Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Sep 26, 2015
- TroyWe had an early start this morning, we were getting picked up at 7.30am to go to Troy. We both thought that Troy was the wooden horse we didn’t realise that it was a whole city. Not only a whole Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Sep 26, 2015
- Bridging Continents#Tthetraveller is enchanted by the city Istanbul which straddles Europe and Asia across the Bosphorus Strait. That’s right! The city half resides in one continent and half in the other. The residents get to feel the culture, ambience and lifestyle Posted by Tthetraveler in Tthetraveler | Sep 26, 2015
- Hanging around
So we headed back to Eceabat with a quick stop at Izmir to see one of B and TJ’s friends. From there it was smooth driving to get back. We stopped in Canakkale to have some dinner and have a Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Sep 25, 2015
Today we went to Ephesus. We were picked up from the hotel and were on a small group of only 10.
Ephesus was an ancient Greek city on the coast of Ionia, three kilometres southwest of present-day Selçuk in İzmir Province, Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Sep 25, 2015
- Turkey 'gobble gobble' - Part 2Pamukkale
After Antalya we headed to Pamukkale to see the famous travertine terraces. We got to the Antalya bus station, which was more like an airport with shops full of travel knick-knacks, restaurants and seats out the front of your 'gate' Posted by nathanruth in Backpacks, Buses and Beyond | Sep 23, 2015
We left Fethiye at around 9.30am heading to Pamukkale. It was only a two AMD a half hour drive to get there. It was so much hotter here.
Pamukkale, meaning "cotton castle" in Turkish, is a natural site in Denizli Province Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Sep 21, 2015
- lakes, rivers and sea
We all had breakfast together before heading to Dalyan which was an hour away from where we were staying.
In Dalyan we hired a boat and went for a cruise on the river. We had a whole big boat to Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Sep 21, 2015
- Are we still in the same country
We eventually arrived in Fethiye at 1am. On the way we had convinced TJ that we needed to spend an extra night here to make up for the late arrival and we were all so tired.
We had a sleep Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Sep 21, 2015
- Are we there yet
We had a later than expected departure from Göreme and our destination was Fethiye.
On the way we stopped at a kervansaray. Which was one off the stops on the original silk road were the men would rest the camels Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Sep 19, 2015
- FloatingThis morning we had to be at reception by 6.15am. We were going hot air ballooning.
We were both a bit apprehensive about going up in a cain box kept afloat by a big balloon. Since Ayse was going there Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Sep 19, 2015