- Turkish Delight?Turkey Turkey Turkey....where do I start?? I think the best place for me to begin my next blog edition is with my first impressions of the city. Smoggy, over populated, rude and incredibly annoying. Oh boy, this isn't starting Posted by renee.coutts in Nae and the flying bear go to Europe | Dec 10, 2014
- Turkey: Istanbul: Even the New Mosque is Old!--FOODIE ALERT *****Sorry guys, we are sad to report that our back up hard drive crashed when we came back to Orlando in Sept/October and have lost a lot of photos from the rest of Germany, as well as Dubai and Nepal Posted by Tony.Ruby in Ruby and Tony - Around the World | Aug 30, 2014
- Istanbul!We were pretty excited to see Istanbul, get resupplied with a few essentials and, of course have a lot of quality time with the 'rents!
The 2 Debs had been meeting to make plans for a few months and Rob had Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Nov 13, 2014
- Food Food Glorious Food! - IstanbulI was jumping around with excitement about going to Istanbul and sampling the cuisine. I remember counting off all the things I wanted to try to Lewis on one of our bus rides on our Intrepid Trip. He raised Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Nov 10, 2014
- 2014 - AEGEAN ODYSSEY - SUMELA MONASTERY, TurkeyMY ORIGINAL INTENT FOR THESE CRUISES WAS TO VISIT THE BLACK SEA & THE CRIMEA IN PARTICULAR. I AM A FAN OF THE FLASHMAN SERIES & ONE OF THOSE BOOKS IS SET DURING THE CRIMEAN WAR. IN THE BOOK, Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Nov 9, 2014
- 2014 - AEGEAN ODYSSEY - ISTANBUL, TurkeyThe final day of the first leg of the cruise.
Most everybody is getting off here. Just ten of the twelve staying on board on the excursion today. I have met a few of them but only know Angela & John Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Nov 9, 2014
- Where East Meets West - IstanbulWe arrived into Istanbul at 5am from Bulgaria and so had finished our Intrepid trip. Although sleep deprived we were wired from the great vibe that Istanbul delivered. We were both cautious to over hype Istanbul considering everyone we Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Nov 8, 2014
- 2014 - AEGEAN ODYSSEY - GALLIPOLI===Ataturk’s Letter to Anzac Mothers – 1934===
“Those heroes that shed their blood and lost their lives...===
===You are now lying in the soil of a friendly country.===
===Therefore rest in peace.===
===There is no difference between th Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Nov 7, 2014
- 2014 - AEGEAN ODYSSEY - IZMIR, Turkey
Not sure what bird this is. I thought at the time it was a Pelican but don't think so now.
Still parked in Izmir, today we hea Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Nov 6, 2014
- 2014 - AEGEAN ODYSSEY - EPHESUS, TurkeyThe last time I went to Ephesus, it was as the sun went down. Very atmospheric it was too.
This time it is during the day.
We are docked at Izmir, quite a long drive to Ephesus.. Passing what appears to be Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Nov 6, 2014
- 2014 - AEGEAN ODYSSEY - BODRUM, TurkeyMoving north, we arrive in Bodrum - where these two are bringing down the neighbourhood ......
Rumour has it that the boat in the background belongs to the owner of Chelsea FC & the one in the Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Nov 5, 2014
- 2014 - AEGEAN ODYSSEY - FETHIYE, TurkeyIt's been a while now since the cruise started & I am into a nice relaxed routine.
Breakfast is either on the terrace or by the Lido pool.
Never the same food twice running. Fry up one day, Cold meat & Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Nov 4, 2014
- 2014 - AEGEAN ODYSSEY - ANTALYA, TurkeyLeaving Greece behind, I move on to Turkey - And also Asia..
Looks like a nice day .....
for viewing some more ancient ruins - Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Nov 3, 2014
- Turkey: PamukkaleAfter Kusadasi, and because I was going to Ankara in order to catch the train to Tehran, I took the opportunity to visit Pamukkale, one of Turkey's tourist drawcards. To get there, I opted for going back to Selçuk by Posted by danics in World Away | Oct 26, 2014
- Turkey: EfesEphesus, as one of the historical places in Turkey, is definetely a place you should consider going. I stayed for a night in Selçuk, a quiet little town easily accessible by train from Izmir and a nice base to explore Posted by danics in World Away | Oct 18, 2014
- Things I Want to Remember: Turkey
- my first cab driver at the airport, casual in his mannerisms, realizing that I may have been too bold when I sat in the front passengers' seat, him pointing and saying "Sarah, Europa, Asia", offering me a cigarette, so Posted by WanderingWorld in Enjoying the Banquet | Sep 28, 2014
9/23/14 at 1440 (London time)
My time in Turkey has come to an end and I'm on my way to Bangkok. My relationship with the country of Turkey was l Posted by WanderingWorld in Enjoying the Banquet | Sep 27, 2014
- Turkey's Mediterranean Coast[img=http:/ Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Oct 13, 2014
- Turkey: IzmirI just left Izmir. The city transmits a feeling of the modern mixed with the old. I recommend it.
After a quite comfortable ride on the bus from Istanbul, although long enough to numb my muscles (around 9 hours, 65-80 turkish Posted by danics in World Away | Oct 11, 2014
- Turkey - Ankara and Cappadocia[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/666235/FDD9 Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Oct 11, 2014
- The country where East meets West
We just spent the last 8 days in Turkey, divvying up our time between Istanbul and Cappadocia. Travel here was quite interesting, and we both agree that we would fully recommend Turkey Posted by tylerandshawna in Tyler and Shawna's Great Adventure | Oct 11, 2014
- 8 DAYS AROUND TURKEYMonday, 29 September
We visited the colourful GRAND BAZAAR before setting out on our discovery tour of a country with the population of Britain and more than three times its size. We drove along the European shore of the Posted by Kangatraveller in European Extravaganza - Living the Dream | Oct 4, 2014
- YET ANOTHER FAREWELLAs unfiltered honesty has been a request from me this summer, I must say that, at first, I dug reeeeeeeeal deep to write this post. Furthermore, I have actually been digging deep since my last post 2 months ago Posted by Ivoriejenkins in In Search for the POLKA DOTTED UNICORN | Sep 29, 2014
- TrabzonLocal transport: we have to confess we didn't take any this time and we took a cab from and to the bus station, for the arrival because this was a very bustly port and it was getting late when we Posted by UnwindRoad in Unwind on the Silk Road | Sep 24, 2014
- AmasyaBus station: The Amasya bus station is at least 5 miles out of town, so if you arrive on a long distance bus you either have to transfer to one of the company 'service' shuttles into town or get a Posted by UnwindRoad in Unwind on the Silk Road | Sep 22, 2014