- TurkeyTurkey is insanely beautiful. We have had a relaxing, enjoyable week! The Mediterranean is gorgeous. Our pictures don't do it justice. It's a rock beach, rather than sand, but we actually prefer it!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/677365/8046A1F Posted by kmorgan1026 in There and Back Again...Our Adoption Tale | Jul 26, 2014
- TURKEY: WHERE & WHY[center][b]Happy to write that I am traveling again. Not quite Soul Travel since I'm being paid to be here and Turkey was not even on my bucket list. Yet, by the end of this, I have a feeling I Posted by Ivoriejenkins in In Search for the POLKA DOTTED UNICORN | Jul 25, 2014
- TURKEY - MY REBOUND LOVERNamaste Everyone!
So I am back here again; on an international flight, pen in hand, the first page of an empty journal staring up at me and the unexpected awaiting me in a country I have never even thought of visiting. Posted by Ivoriejenkins in In Search for the POLKA DOTTED UNICORN | Jul 9, 2014
- Site Visit #1 - Ephesus
Where, oh, where to begin? I know I'm a sucker for any ancient ruin but Ephesus and this area of Turkey would blow anyone away, I'm sure of it. And as our first site visit? It could Posted by KaliKai in Exploring the Mediterranean | May 17, 2014
- Anzac Day in GallipoliOne thing that I do every Anzac Day is to watch the Dawn Service at Gallipoli live on the TV and every time I find myself in tears watching it, especially when I hear the last post whilst the sun Posted by Well_Alyse in My Gap Year - 2014 | Jul 6, 2014
- Test postThis is just a test post
Posted by soniatony in Euro2015 | Jun 28, 2014
- The PenultimateThe morning had started a little later than we wanted so some things on the itinerary had to be compromised.
M and I decided to head to the Grand Bazaar first. I could tell The Ma'am was itching to shop and Posted by starcrossedsole in oywiththepoodlesalready | May 21, 2014
- Moments In Between1) At our hotel in Santorini...
The Ma'am: I should really go on diet and you're not helping me. 15 minutes later, of her own volition might I add
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/661436/90_P1100150.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.c Posted by starcrossedsole in oywiththepoodlesalready | May 21, 2014
- So It's Hello, Goodbye
The last gleams of the setting sun
Along the streets of Goreme:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/66143 Posted by starcrossedsole in oywiththepoodlesalready | May 21, 2014
- Air-ppy Birthday
Up! Up! The sun is getting up. The sun gets up. So up with you! -Dr. Seuss-
While some may be plain annoyed, I was actually grateful for the daily chantings of the ezan. At least Posted by starcrossedsole in oywiththepoodlesalready | May 21, 2014
- Oh My Goreme
At Rose Valley
For about half an hour, I think my lexicon was only capable of that when we arrived. It made having to wake up at a filthy hour (3 am) to catch our 060 Posted by starcrossedsole in oywiththepoodlesalready | May 21, 2014
- Relaxing Day in IstanbulWe started this day the best way we possibly could.. by sleeping in as late as our bodies allowed! For Kaela and I that meant we stayed in bed until nearly noon (We stayed up until 1 am watching the Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Jun 14, 2014
- Walking Around the Old TownWell today was another eventful day. We got to sleep in quite a bit and I didn’t wake Kyra up until 10:30 am. We hung out at the apartment for a little bit to game plan the rest Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Jun 13, 2014
- Day One of the JKK Adventure!Kyra finally made it to Istanbul! I made the hour solo journey to the airport this morning to pick her up and take her back to the apartment. It was nice being able to catch up and have Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Jun 12, 2014
- IstanbulTouchdown in Istanbul at 9:30 a.m. after a grueling night. We’d been awake for more than 24 hours (less the 2 hours of sketchy sleep on the plane). Eleven of the 16 folks we were with in Kenya left us Posted by jeburns55 in Africa 2012: The Last Continent | Mar 2, 2012
- Finally in Istanbul!So picking up from where we last left off...we did eventually make it on to our flight from Malaysia to Istanbul. It took quite a while to actually board the plane since the whole process was inefficient and more Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Jun 11, 2014
- Cathartic KarsCathartic Kars
510km today, doesn’t look that far on the map??.... at 6 this morning I was soaking up the blazing morning sun on the balcony and it felt good!! Heading to Kars today in the NE and our last night Posted by ScottyJ in Road of Bones 2014 | Jun 11, 2014
- In Flight: Kenya via TurkeyNot much to report on here. This was a grueling day with time spent between airports and airplanes.
Flying out of JFK before midnight, we flew across the Atlantic Ocean on Turkish Airlines for about nine hours. Add a seven hour Posted by jeburns55 in Africa 2012: The Last Continent | Feb 25, 2012
- AA&TWe woke to a humid morning for the 450k+ ride to Amasya back in the mountainous northern region not far from the Black Sea coast. Not sure whether to leave the wet weather liners in or out I decided to Posted by ScottyJ in Road of Bones 2014 | Jun 8, 2014
- Turkey wrap upGeez it's been 6 weeks since I left Tehran.. what the hell happened? Most of this time was spent in Turkey, but I had lost inspiration to write about my travels due to some personal matters, which saw me unexpectedly Posted by haivan83 in haivan83 travels 2014 | Jun 7, 2014
- Glorious GoremeLeft Safranbolu at 0845 this morning for the 465km ride to Goreme in central Turkey. This area is a national park and has some of the most incredible scenery and architecture due largely to the composition of the rock in Posted by ScottyJ in Road of Bones 2014 | Jun 5, 2014
- Turkish DelightRoomie was a little unsure of what we may find inside but putting his faith in my confidence to try this out we wandered inside. We were given a wrap and shown to a private change room where we stripped Posted by ScottyJ in Road of Bones 2014 | Jun 5, 2014
- Scenic side trips....Geared up for the rain again today………..and whilst it threatened it was not an issue. A 450K day today to Safranbolu. At the ride day debrief it was going to be mainly express way until Alpha, Kilo, Oscar, Zulu and Posted by ScottyJ in Road of Bones 2014 | Jun 5, 2014
- Turkey....why didn't someone tell me about this place ealierAs is my custom whenever I come across a new ocean or sea that I have not had a dip in, then that is on the agenda. Now it’s every day that I’ll get to swim in the Black Sea. Posted by ScottyJ in Road of Bones 2014 | Jun 4, 2014
- Sam's letter from the EphesiansWe stayed an extra night in Canakkale - this was becoming a recurring theme, as we had stayed on an extra two days in Istanbul (and could easily have stayed another week). While this helped me get over the worst Posted by SamSueEurope in Keep up - an Australian family odyssey | May 26, 2014