- I'm in a transitional periodI can't think of a more appropriate city to begin my next phase of my journey than Istanbul. As the only city in the world on two continents it's an appropriate bridge, both physically (Bosphorus Bridge) and metaphorically. Posted by cschelz in Round the World 2014 | Aug 25, 2014
- Istanbul (not Constantinople)DAY #1
Noreen and I arrived in Istanbul through JFK via Delta Airlines. We were greeted in New York by Noreen's Aunt Kathy, Cousin Keren, and her daughter Kiera. Jim and Shirley had a less enjoyable route due to Posted by AZClyde in Turkey & Greece | Aug 19, 2014
- Smooth travelling so farSunday 17th, August 2014.
Pack, unpack, pack, sort, cull. Phone calls of desperation. Nothing else to do.......play cards with kids until driver comes to pick us up.
Problem......range rover may not fit all cases in......come and try.
Our driver Posted by CFCCEurope in Perth to Istanbul | Aug 18, 2014
- U.S. News Is So So WrongI don't trust any lists of places to visit that don't include Turkey anymore, like [[http://travel.usnews.com/Rankings/Worlds_Best_Vacations/|U.S. News' top 25 places to visit]]. #7 is Puerto Rico. I've been to Puerto Rico. Puerto Rico is no Turkey. It wa Posted by shaunadenada in Shauna De Nada | Aug 14, 2014
- Turkey day 10 - and- final thoughtsIt was difficult to believe, but our last day in Turkey was already upon us! We made our way from Cirali to Kas (pronounced "cash") in order to get the ferry to Greece.
On the bus ride over, Justin and Posted by Bredwardz in Bredwardz on the Road | Aug 14, 2014
- GallipolliBus trip to Gallipolli
Posted by soniatony in Euro2015 | Aug 11, 2014
- Turkey Days 7-9Finally, I was back on my feet and ready to get out of our hotel room (and out of Istanbul).
After all the history, we wanted to spend our last day in Istanbul seeing its contemporary side. So we went Posted by Bredwardz in Bredwardz on the Road | Aug 11, 2014
- Turkey days 4-6Tuesday started off normal enough - we spent the morning sorting out plans for the rest of our stay, then struck out for lunch and a visit to Istanbul's extensive Archaeology Museum. The museum featured an entire space devoted to Posted by Bredwardz in Bredwardz on the Road | Aug 7, 2014
- Turkey Day 3The museums are closed on Mondays, which granted us a reprieve to slow down and do some other activities.
We decided to take the commuter ferry across the Bosphorus to Uskudar on the Asian side of Istanbul. Two continents in Posted by Bredwardz in Bredwardz on the Road | Aug 5, 2014
- Turkey days 1-2We were rather anxious about being on an Malaysian Airlines flight to Istanbul, so breathed a sigh of relief when the 10.5 hour flight was over and were safely in Turkey!
After navigating the subway to our hotel and getting in Posted by Bredwardz in Bredwardz on the Road | Aug 5, 2014
- TurkeyTurkey is insanely beautiful. We have had a relaxing, enjoyable week! The Mediterranean is gorgeous. Our pictures don't do it justice. It's a rock beach, rather than sand, but we actually prefer it!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/677365/8046A1F Posted by kmorgan1026 in There and Back Again...Our Adoption Tale | Jul 26, 2014
- TURKEY: WHERE & WHY[center][b]Happy to write that I am traveling again. Not quite Soul Travel since I'm being paid to be here and Turkey was not even on my bucket list. Yet, by the end of this, I have a feeling I Posted by Ivoriejenkins in In Search for the POLKA DOTTED UNICORN | Jul 25, 2014
- TURKEY - MY REBOUND LOVERNamaste Everyone!
So I am back here again; on an international flight, pen in hand, the first page of an empty journal staring up at me and the unexpected awaiting me in a country I have never even thought of visiting. Posted by Ivoriejenkins in In Search for the POLKA DOTTED UNICORN | Jul 9, 2014
- Site Visit #1 - Ephesus
Where, oh, where to begin? I know I'm a sucker for any ancient ruin but Ephesus and this area of Turkey would blow anyone away, I'm sure of it. And as our first site visit? It could Posted by KaliKai in Exploring the Mediterranean | May 17, 2014
- Anzac Day in GallipoliOne thing that I do every Anzac Day is to watch the Dawn Service at Gallipoli live on the TV and every time I find myself in tears watching it, especially when I hear the last post whilst the sun Posted by Well_Alyse in My Gap Year - 2014 | Jul 6, 2014
- Test postThis is just a test post
Posted by soniatony in Euro2015 | Jun 28, 2014
- The PenultimateThe morning had started a little later than we wanted so some things on the itinerary had to be compromised.
M and I decided to head to the Grand Bazaar first. I could tell The Ma'am was itching to shop and Posted by starcrossedsole in oywiththepoodlesalready | May 21, 2014
- Moments In Between1) At our hotel in Santorini...
The Ma'am: I should really go on diet and you're not helping me. 15 minutes later, of her own volition might I add
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/661436/90_P1100150.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.c Posted by starcrossedsole in oywiththepoodlesalready | May 21, 2014
- So It's Hello, Goodbye
The last gleams of the setting sun
Along the streets of Goreme:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/66143 Posted by starcrossedsole in oywiththepoodlesalready | May 21, 2014
- Air-ppy Birthday
Up! Up! The sun is getting up. The sun gets up. So up with you! -Dr. Seuss-
While some may be plain annoyed, I was actually grateful for the daily chantings of the ezan. At least Posted by starcrossedsole in oywiththepoodlesalready | May 21, 2014
- Oh My Goreme
At Rose Valley
For about half an hour, I think my lexicon was only capable of that when we arrived. It made having to wake up at a filthy hour (3 am) to catch our 060 Posted by starcrossedsole in oywiththepoodlesalready | May 21, 2014
- Relaxing Day in IstanbulWe started this day the best way we possibly could.. by sleeping in as late as our bodies allowed! For Kaela and I that meant we stayed in bed until nearly noon (We stayed up until 1 am watching the Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Jun 14, 2014
- Walking Around the Old TownWell today was another eventful day. We got to sleep in quite a bit and I didn’t wake Kyra up until 10:30 am. We hung out at the apartment for a little bit to game plan the rest Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Jun 13, 2014
- Day One of the JKK Adventure!Kyra finally made it to Istanbul! I made the hour solo journey to the airport this morning to pick her up and take her back to the apartment. It was nice being able to catch up and have Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Jun 12, 2014
- IstanbulTouchdown in Istanbul at 9:30 a.m. after a grueling night. We’d been awake for more than 24 hours (less the 2 hours of sketchy sleep on the plane). Eleven of the 16 folks we were with in Kenya left us Posted by jeburns55 in Africa 2012: The Last Continent | Mar 2, 2012