- SafranboluArrival by bus; Our bus dropped us at Safranbolu Otogar which is a couple of kilometres from the old town. You can get a free shuttle service (people calling out 'service' when you arrive) into the new town if you're Posted by UnwindRoad in Unwind on the Silk Road | Sep 19, 2014
- IstanbulArrival: Our top tip is to avoid arriving at the main Otogar (bus station) just after sunset on a Friday. We did just that and found it frenetic, stifling and extremely difficult for the unwary traveller straight off the bus Posted by UnwindRoad in Unwind on the Silk Road | Sep 17, 2014
- Gobble gobble If you have ever wanted to visited Morocco (or any other Muslim country) but are not sure if you could handle it, Turkey is a great taster! It was far more relaxed and western than Morocco but still gave you Posted by melpage in Not all those who wander are lost... | Sep 10, 2014
- IstanbulMy last full day started with a pastry and iced coffee at Taksim Square, then a walk from there along the Istikal cobbled mall (that has a tram and cars) to the bridge that joins Europe with Asia, down a Posted by Adamtrumble in Northern hemisphere 2014 | Sep 10, 2014
- IstanbulBreakfast near Taksim Square (lovely pastries) & then we see a gathering near the Mustfa Kemal Ataturk monument - it's the 91st birthday of the party he formed.
Then Posted by Adamtrumble in Northern hemisphere 2014 | Sep 9, 2014
- Istanbul[center]After checking out of our Rome hotel, it was a bus trip to Termini station then a train trip out to the airport for our Turkish Airlines Flight to Istanbul.
For train travel in Italy, you need to purchase your ticket Posted by Peter and Rose in Peter and Rose's Travels | Sep 8, 2014
- Kusadasi (Ephusis)We head off the ship for a day of shopping.
And what shopping we did. This place is amazing. There are shops lining every part of the shopping district selling copies of watches, handbags, jewellery along with Posted by CFCCEurope in Perth to Istanbul | Sep 8, 2014
- IstanbulUp far too early for a 9.00am flight that left at 11.00am!
I'm staying in an AirBNB apartment not far from the touristy Taksim area...apparently it's a dangerous area!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/670049/90_65D7DB6E960B007B6EAA12F99F292C6F Posted by Adamtrumble in Northern hemisphere 2014 | Sep 8, 2014
===Istanbul and Gallipoli===
17th Aug to 21st Aug: As our flight to Turkey was at 4pm, we had a late start. However, our couch surfing host woke us around 8am saying she was leaving and wouldn't be back before we Posted by AshLisa in Ash & Lisa go exploring | Sep 7, 2014
- Dag 2 - IstanbulIngen tågtrafik mellan Stockholm C och Arlanda under hela dagen pga banarbete. Försenad avgång för flyget...
Som tur var kunde pappa komma loss och köra mig. Väl på planet fick jag dessutom en hel stolsrad för mig själv. Välbehövligt med tanke Posted by mattholm in Wanderlust King | Aug 31, 2014
- I'm in a transitional periodI can't think of a more appropriate city to begin my next phase of my journey than Istanbul. As the only city in the world on two continents it's an appropriate bridge, both physically (Bosphorus Bridge) and metaphorically. Posted by cschelz in Round the World 2014 | Aug 25, 2014
- Istanbul, not ConstantinopleDAY #1 in Istanbul
Noreen and I arrived in Istanbul through JFK via Delta Airlines. We were greeted in New York by Noreen's Aunt Kathy, Cousin Keren, and her daughter Kiera. Jim and Shirley had a less enjoyable route Posted by AZClyde in Turkey & Greece | Aug 19, 2014
- Smooth travelling so farSunday 17th, August 2014.
Pack, unpack, pack, sort, cull. Phone calls of desperation. Nothing else to do.......play cards with kids until driver comes to pick us up.
Problem......range rover may not fit all cases in......come and try.
Our driver Posted by CFCCEurope in Perth to Istanbul | Aug 18, 2014
- U.S. News Is So So WrongI don't trust any lists of places to visit that don't include Turkey anymore, like [[http://travel.usnews.com/Rankings/Worlds_Best_Vacations/|U.S. News' top 25 places to visit]]. #7 is Puerto Rico. I've been to Puerto Rico. Puerto Rico is no Turkey. It wa Posted by shaunadenada in Shauna De Nada | Aug 14, 2014
- Turkey day 10 - and- final thoughtsIt was difficult to believe, but our last day in Turkey was already upon us! We made our way from Cirali to Kas (pronounced "cash") in order to get the ferry to Greece.
On the bus ride over, Justin and Posted by Bredwardz in Bredwardz on the Road | Aug 14, 2014
- GallipolliBus trip to Gallipolli
Posted by soniatony in Euro2015 | Aug 11, 2014
- Turkey Days 7-9Finally, I was back on my feet and ready to get out of our hotel room (and out of Istanbul).
After all the history, we wanted to spend our last day in Istanbul seeing its contemporary side. So we went Posted by Bredwardz in Bredwardz on the Road | Aug 11, 2014
- Turkey days 4-6Tuesday started off normal enough - we spent the morning sorting out plans for the rest of our stay, then struck out for lunch and a visit to Istanbul's extensive Archaeology Museum. The museum featured an entire space devoted to Posted by Bredwardz in Bredwardz on the Road | Aug 7, 2014
- Turkey Day 3The museums are closed on Mondays, which granted us a reprieve to slow down and do some other activities.
We decided to take the commuter ferry across the Bosphorus to Uskudar on the Asian side of Istanbul. Two continents in Posted by Bredwardz in Bredwardz on the Road | Aug 5, 2014
- Turkey days 1-2We were rather anxious about being on an Malaysian Airlines flight to Istanbul, so breathed a sigh of relief when the 10.5 hour flight was over and were safely in Turkey!
After navigating the subway to our hotel and getting in Posted by Bredwardz in Bredwardz on the Road | Aug 5, 2014
- TurkeyTurkey is insanely beautiful. We have had a relaxing, enjoyable week! The Mediterranean is gorgeous. Our pictures don't do it justice. It's a rock beach, rather than sand, but we actually prefer it!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/677365/8046A1F Posted by kmorgan1026 in There and Back Again...Our Adoption Tale | Jul 26, 2014
- TURKEY: WHERE & WHY[center][b]Happy to write that I am traveling again. Not quite Soul Travel since I'm being paid to be here and Turkey was not even on my bucket list. Yet, by the end of this, I have a feeling I Posted by Ivoriejenkins in In Search for the POLKA DOTTED UNICORN | Jul 25, 2014
- TURKEY - MY REBOUND LOVERNamaste Everyone!
So I am back here again; on an international flight, pen in hand, the first page of an empty journal staring up at me and the unexpected awaiting me in a country I have never even thought of visiting. Posted by Ivoriejenkins in In Search for the POLKA DOTTED UNICORN | Jul 9, 2014
- Site Visit #1 - Ephesus
Where, oh, where to begin? I know I'm a sucker for any ancient ruin but Ephesus and this area of Turkey would blow anyone away, I'm sure of it. And as our first site visit? It could Posted by KaliKai in Exploring the Mediterranean | May 17, 2014
- Anzac Day in GallipoliOne thing that I do every Anzac Day is to watch the Dawn Service at Gallipoli live on the TV and every time I find myself in tears watching it, especially when I hear the last post whilst the sun Posted by Well_Alyse in My Gap Year - 2014 | Jul 6, 2014