- Istanbul, TurkeyAnd just like that I have stepped off U.S. soil to embark on a three month adventure across Europe. I will be traveling with my mom Allison from Turkey to Portugal before heading off on my own to Spain. First Posted by jvgentes in Primavera Viajera 2o15 | Mar 8, 2015
- The Land of the Anzacs[b]23rd September 2009/b]
We fly out of Luxor at 8.30 am, about 40 minutes late but this is quite common in Egypt, the next plane is waiting for us in C Posted by Rianda in Traveller Down Under | Mar 7, 2015
- "Snowball death" in Turkey
So, I am a little behind with my blog entries. This one is out of order because I found it to be important to upload it timely. I am now in Istanbul, Turkey and current Posted by nerikimmera in Diving into the World | Feb 22, 2015
- And Turkey makes 60!So now in Turkey, my 60th country to date. Well on my way to my lifetime goal of 100 by 50. Since last hearing from me, I have been to Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Albania, Kosovo, Macedonia, and Posted by AshleyC in Where in the world is Ashley Churchill? | Aug 18, 2014
- Turkey: Pammukale: Thermal Waters Where Cleopatra SwamThis night bus from Nevsehir to Pammukale on the Nevsehir bus (has been our favorite in Turkey so far) it was $25 pp, took about 8-9 hours total with fewer stops.
Cris Sneider our Italian friend that we Posted by Tony.Ruby in Ruby and Tony - Around the World | Sep 5, 2014
- Turkey: Cappadocchia: Sunrise Hot Air Balloon Ride to CavesWe were so excited to get off that horrible night bus (fly if you can) and arrived in Cappadochia in the morning. Goreme is a small town with tons of options of place to sleep including inside cave hotels. Posted by Tony.Ruby in Ruby and Tony - Around the World | Sep 4, 2014
- Morning Swim
Heres a vid us dipping our toes in a little history as we take our morning swim in Turkey.
Posted by 19jenny79 in A Long Road | Jan 5, 2015
Anche il solo pensiero che, da qualche parte, vi sia un luogo di pietre stellate, in cui una donna corpulenta riversa bolle di sapone sui corpi sdraiati tra i Posted by Marina_Calypso in Tutte le scelte che non sono stata | Jan 3, 2015
- Gallery of Europe [Part 5]Hey guys welcome to the magnificent city of Istanbul, home to over 16 billion people it is one of the most populated cities in the world. This place has so much historical elements dating back to Roman Empire rule under Posted by Lewis_E in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Dec 23, 2014
- Turkish Delight?Turkey Turkey Turkey....where do I start?? I think the best place for me to begin my next blog edition is with my first impressions of the city. Smoggy, over populated, rude and incredibly annoying. Oh boy, this isn't starting Posted by renee.coutts in Nae and the flying bear go to Europe | Dec 10, 2014
- Turkey: Istanbul: Even the New Mosque is Old!--FOODIE ALERT *****Sorry guys, we are sad to report that our back up hard drive crashed when we came back to Orlando in Sept/October and have lost a lot of photos from the rest of Germany, as well as Dubai and Nepal Posted by Tony.Ruby in Ruby and Tony - Around the World | Aug 30, 2014
- Istanbul!We were pretty excited to see Istanbul, get resupplied with a few essentials and, of course have a lot of quality time with the 'rents!
The 2 Debs had been meeting to make plans for a few months and Rob had Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Nov 13, 2014
- Food Food Glorious Food! - IstanbulI was jumping around with excitement about going to Istanbul and sampling the cuisine. I remember counting off all the things I wanted to try to Lewis on one of our bus rides on our Intrepid Trip. He raised Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Nov 10, 2014
- 2014 - AEGEAN ODYSSEY - SUMELA MONASTERY, TurkeyMY ORIGINAL INTENT FOR THESE CRUISES WAS TO VISIT THE BLACK SEA & THE CRIMEA IN PARTICULAR. I AM A FAN OF THE FLASHMAN SERIES & ONE OF THOSE BOOKS IS SET DURING THE CRIMEAN WAR. IN THE BOOK, Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Nov 9, 2014
- 2014 - AEGEAN ODYSSEY - ISTANBUL, TurkeyThe final day of the first leg of the cruise.
Most everybody is getting off here. Just ten of the twelve staying on board on the excursion today. I have met a few of them but only know Angela & John Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Nov 9, 2014
- Where East Meets West - IstanbulWe arrived into Istanbul at 5am from Bulgaria and so had finished our Intrepid trip. Although sleep deprived we were wired from the great vibe that Istanbul delivered. We were both cautious to over hype Istanbul considering everyone we Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Nov 8, 2014
- 2014 - AEGEAN ODYSSEY - GALLIPOLI===Ataturk’s Letter to Anzac Mothers – 1934===
“Those heroes that shed their blood and lost their lives...===
===You are now lying in the soil of a friendly country.===
===Therefore rest in peace.===
===There is no difference between th Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Nov 7, 2014
- 2014 - AEGEAN ODYSSEY - IZMIR, Turkey
Not sure what bird this is. I thought at the time it was a Pelican but don't think so now.
Still parked in Izmir, today we hea Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Nov 6, 2014
- 2014 - AEGEAN ODYSSEY - EPHESUS, TurkeyThe last time I went to Ephesus, it was as the sun went down. Very atmospheric it was too.
This time it is during the day.
We are docked at Izmir, quite a long drive to Ephesus.. Passing what appears to be Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Nov 6, 2014
- 2014 - AEGEAN ODYSSEY - BODRUM, TurkeyMoving north, we arrive in Bodrum - where these two are bringing down the neighbourhood ......
Rumour has it that the boat in the background belongs to the owner of Chelsea FC & the one in the Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Nov 5, 2014
- 2014 - AEGEAN ODYSSEY - FETHIYE, TurkeyIt's been a while now since the cruise started & I am into a nice relaxed routine.
Breakfast is either on the terrace or by the Lido pool.
Never the same food twice running. Fry up one day, Cold meat & Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Nov 4, 2014
- 2014 - AEGEAN ODYSSEY - ANTALYA, TurkeyLeaving Greece behind, I move on to Turkey - And also Asia..
Looks like a nice day .....
for viewing some more ancient ruins - Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Nov 3, 2014
- Turkey: PamukkaleAfter Kusadasi, and because I was going to Ankara in order to catch the train to Tehran, I took the opportunity to visit Pamukkale, one of Turkey's tourist drawcards. To get there, I opted for going back to Selçuk by Posted by danics in World Away | Oct 26, 2014
- Turkey: EfesEphesus, as one of the historical places in Turkey, is definetely a place you should consider going. I stayed for a night in Selçuk, a quiet little town easily accessible by train from Izmir and a nice base to explore Posted by danics in World Away | Oct 18, 2014
- Things I Want to Remember: Turkey
- my first cab driver at the airport, casual in his mannerisms, realizing that I may have been too bold when I sat in the front passengers' seat, him pointing and saying "Sarah, Europa, Asia", offering me a cigarette, so Posted by WanderingWorld in Enjoying the Banquet | Sep 28, 2014