- Day 7: Last Day in ProvidencialesOn my last full day in Providenciales, my family and I visited Bight Bay, one of the fantastic beaches for snorkeling that we had visited earlier in the week. It was, once again, amazing! The highlight for me was getting Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Mar 26, 2017
- Day 6: Mangrove MadnessToday, my dad and I hiked to the brackish pond "salina" (or so we thought) on Providenciales that is renowned for a remarkable diversity of avian life.
Before we even got into our car on our hotel grounds, I found Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Mar 26, 2017
- Day 5: Finally...more Providenciales!So this is the beginning of the long overdue posts to wrap up my trip to Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Islands over winter break (!). Sorry it has taken so long - I have had a super crazy and very Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Mar 26, 2017
- 2008 November 12In 2008, we were on one of the first cruise ships in to Grand Turk after Hurricane Ike. In the days before the cruise, I had doubts about whether we would be able to visit at all. Posted by greatgrandmaR in Grand Turk in 2008 - After Ike | Mar 10, 2017
- Day 4: Sapadillo BayToday (Tuesday, January 3) was yet another fantastic day on the island of Providenciales, Turks and Caicos!
Some birding in and around Northwest Point National Park in the morning once again yielded some nice finds.
THICK-BILLED VIREO, a typical scr Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jan 4, 2017
- Day 3: From Wilson's Plovers to sea turtles! Today (Monday, January 2) was another fun-filled day on the beautiful tropical island of Providenciales in the Caribbean.
Some morning birding in Northwest Point National Park yielded great birds!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoi Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jan 4, 2017
- Day 2: 2 life birds 2 kick off 2017!Today was our first full day on the island of Providenciales in the Turks & Caicos Islands. We spent the day birding, swimming, and snorkeling. Although the snorkeling was slightly disappointing, I found some quality bird species today.
The wifi Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jan 1, 2017
- Day 1: Chicago to ProvidencialesHappy New Year's Eve! And this concludes the year of 2016 as a fresh start to 2017 lies before us!
Photos to come later since the wifi signal is too weak to upload any photos...
Today, my family and I flew to Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 31, 2016
- Day 3: Grand Turk!On Wednesday, the Emerald Princess' port of call was Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos Islands. Tuesday was a day at sea, so although it was extremely relaxing and enjoyable, there is nothing to post about for that day. Wednesday was Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 20, 2015
- Turks & Caicos IslandsWe said our goodbyes to Barb, the owner of Villa Diasanadu on Provo, and headed off to Avis to turn in our rental car. Avis shuttled us to the ferry, and soon we were on our way to Middle Posted by Flip Flop Life in It's a Flip Flop Life! | Apr 16, 2015
- Turks & Caicos IslandsWhat a fabulous trip! We spent a week on Providenciales, celebrating Christmas on the beach, and enjoying the endless beautiful beaches of Provo.
Provo is fairly densely populated, with high-end resorts, luxury villas, high-end shopping and fine din Posted by Flip Flop Life in It's a Flip Flop Life! | Apr 16, 2015
- Entry 16 - The CaribbeanI was up bright and early on Saturday morning for my flight to Toronto. Willy drove me to the airport on his way to work and my flight to Toronto was on time. The flight was mostly uneventful but a Posted by Aussiesincanada in My 365 day holiday | Dec 17, 2014
- Need more Turks & Caicos? Posted by vicki_h in . | Jul 10, 2014
- Sun Bleached Beaches & Blue on Blue WaterThe sailing trip brought us home a bit bedraggled.
I needed a vacation to recover from my vacation.
What was all that BS I spouted about not looking for trips that are relaxing, self-indulgent, and easy? Well, I just decided that Posted by vicki_h in . | Jul 8, 2014
- Worst experience everLet me start by saying that we did not stay at the Seven Stars Resort and if you have any sympathy for what they did to us you will not either.
The Seven Stars Resort in Turks and Caicos has Posted by Sgt_0311 in Seven Seas Resorts...COMPLETE DISASTER! | Feb 14, 2014
- SEA DAY AND GRAND TURK, TURKS AND CAICOS
Welcome to our room – yes, we have Christmas lights, too, strung around the cabin
Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Dec 26, 2013
- Map of Grand Turk Posted by Blmcvey in McVey Travel & Food | Nov 5, 2013
- GRAND TURK, TURKS AND CAICOS
We docked at the Grand Turk Cruise Center, sharing the space with the 3,000 passengers on the Carnival Freedom.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/92262/9E8E Posted by Swenigale in SERENITY 4- YOU MEAN THERE'S MORE? | Jan 16, 2013
- The Windsong ResortI spent some great days at this great resort in the Caribbean, and I want to recommend it. If you're thinking of traveling there you should consider it. You won't regret it!
Here's a good article about them:
[b]Tropical Island Living Posted by sslgaiger in Travel News and Tips | Nov 20, 2009
- HIBack seeing how everything is floating here. Just got back from another trip to the Caribbean, and we had a so so time, certainly not great, I am going to discuss it shortly in a new blog. Posted by jamesd1967 in Turks and Caicos Islands | Apr 19, 2009
- Interested Travelers
I have been receivng a fair amount of e-mails from other gay travelers about visiting the Turks and Caicos islands. Really, I am glad to see them, it lets me know that there are others inter Posted by jamesd1967 in Turks and Caicos Islands | Feb 5, 2009
- Eleven Days in Providenciales
We spent eleven days in Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Islands, and actually had a wonderful time. At first, we were supposed to spend five days in Provo and five in Cap-Haitien , Haiti, b Posted by jamesd1967 in Turks and Caicos Islands | Feb 1, 2009
- Two Gay Guys, Of Course This Is The First
Well, we are two gay guys, and I've got to start this blog somehow. So what better way than to show a pic of some cute guy, who we have no idea who he is at the bar one Posted by jamesd1967 in Turks and Caicos Islands | Dec 27, 2008