Blog Entries tagged 'Tuscany'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'Tuscany'
- Under The Tuscan SpellAnd now back to the travelling bit.
I left you as we said Arrivederci Roma.
From there we travelled to Arezzo where we picked up a car. Not a snappy little Fiat or Golf as we'd hoped for, more a boring Posted by OwenGadflies in Are We There Yet? | Sep 22, 2013
- From 252 kph to zeroAfter our huge day yesterday, it was very tempting to sleep in and do nothing this morning, however we needed to get to Firenze (Florence).
Our driver met us at 9:20 and took us to the railway station, which was a Posted by debsonthemove in The Barron's big adventure | Sep 20, 2013
- Il Sacerdote Brontolone (The Grouchy Priest) Tuscany lends itself to photography. The countryside is eternally patient as you attempt to frame the perfect scene. The olive trees and the grape vines quietly, slowly, patiently mature in the sun as they have for centuries. If you want Posted by EuropInFebruary in From the Travel Book I'll Never Write | Mar 1, 2013
- Staying InIt rained today. We had what you might call a torrential downpour.
Believe it or not, we have days where we don't see the sights of Europe. Or drive for hours at a time. Or even grocery shop. Today was such Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Jan 16, 2013
- Twilight in TuscanyWith a full day in Florence behind us, which involved rising comparatively early for us, we wanted to explore a bit closer to home. The sun was kind of out today and the forecast said this might be one of Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Jan 16, 2013
- A Day off due to Tuscan Rain[float=left][/float]Today we woke up to rain, and lots of it. We decided that we would just make a lazy day of it. Hannah and I enjoyed our indoor Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Jan 16, 2013
- Pisa[float=left][/float]It's kind of surreal seeing a monument like the Leaning Tower of Pisa right in front of you. You've seen it Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Jan 16, 2013
- Tuscany and Rome - relaxing and refreshing "She's supposed to be his transitional person. She's not supposed to be the ONE". - Sally, in 'When Harry met Sally'.
I began our holiday already a little bit in love with the idea of France - a soft-focus, Posted by mark.kalie.kobi in A Very Gladwin Adventure | Dec 17, 2012
- And then.......Well the voyage to the Etruscan countryside was amazing. Stopped at a couple of small towns with tons of history, hit up a winery and sampled their wares along with an extraordinary homemade Italian lunch and learned a ton. Posted by TX_Bizkit in The Bizkit hits Europe | Sep 14, 2012
- Under the Tuscan SunAfter leaving Florence, we headed to the hills of Tuscany. We debated which towns we should see and how many: Sienna, San Gimagnano, Volterra, Montelcino, Montepulciano, Cortona, or even on into Umbria with cities like Orvieto or Assissi? Too much Posted by jim-n-mark in Jim and Mark's Epic Amero-Euro Adventure | Aug 27, 2012
- Montepulciano and Verona6am - woke up, had breakfast, counted our Euro and said bye bye to Max and Roxie
9am - left Naples for Montepulciano
Random things I saw/learned:
1. there are a ton of random ruins everywhere along the freeway
2. tons of rolls of Posted by Jenjilla in One country at a time | May 29, 2010
- Toscana Sensa Gianetta===Arezzo===
The Chimera of Arezzo
Having fallen in love with Arezzo in the few short hours that Gianetta had shown us its treasures, we decided to set up camp for a few days and see what l Posted by sonnoz in MichaelSonia | Oct 25, 2011
- Best of Tuscany
Last wee Posted by alyssa.fiore in La Dolce Vita | Oct 10, 2011
- Toscana con bella GianettaThe perfect antidote to France and all our troubles there is just this:
We arrived in the middle of the night and were welcomed with open arms by my lovely friend Janet Allen (that's Gianetta in Italia) who had been Posted by sonnoz in MichaelSonia | Sep 27, 2011
- 1995 - Tuscany, Italy
More holidays, this time a trip to the hills in Tuscany. This was with a company called Small World Travel (now defunct) who specialised in small group tours to beautiful parts of Europe Posted by nzhamsta in Glynn's travel blog | Oct 21, 1995
- Tuscany...where la vita è bella!After four fun days at Lago di Garda, we went to my personal favorite part of Italy, Tuscany. That's where it all began for me. Having studied abroad in Florence for a semester and having studied Italian for Posted by jknazef in The Navigating Nazefs | Aug 6, 2011
- Creativity in ItalyThere have been many travel books written about Italy, some of the newest are Under the Tuscan Sun, Angels and Demons, and Eat, Pray, Love. But there are more: La Bella Figura, Bella Italia, La Cucina There is Posted by globalmomma in Summer in Italy: Mangiare e Sognare | Jul 29, 2011
- My husband, Mario, and MontalcinoToday we are on top of the world in Montalcino! After a long day of driving, we are tasting 6 of the finest Brunello di Montalcino's ever made in a castle at the top of the Tuscan countryside with a view Posted by globalmomma in Summer in Italy: Mangiare e Sognare | May 29, 2011
- Country BumpkinsAfter running around the cities of Milano and Venice we traveled to Tuscany to spend 3 days just south of Siena. The rolling mountain tops and farms spread as far as your eyes could see. We checked out Posted by lunds007 in viva la Italy! | Jun 1, 2011
- It's not about the money...June 1
"It's not about the money, we don't need your money, we're just trying to make the world dance, forget about the price tag... we don't need no ch-ching ch-ching, we don't need no bl-bling bl-bling, we're just trying to Posted by globalmomma in Summer in Italy: Mangiare e Sognare | Jun 1, 2011
- Firenze ‘Seen one stone willy- seen ‘em all!!’
Well, after a few idyllic days in Venezia we got ourselves back to the station for yet another train journey to Florence…..hoping like hell it had to be better than the overnight disaster last week….and this time it Posted by Escapees in Oh my God we did it! | May 18, 2011
- Pig Roast with Sting!Tuscan Pig Roast at Sting & Trudie's Place
Here's two of my fantasies rolled into one: Sting and his wife are hosting a pig roast at their estate in Tuscany and (for $2200) the public is invited!
Anyone Posted by teethetrav in Tee the Trav | Mar 25, 2011
- Italy Driving from SwitzerlandDriving from Switzerland to Italy 4 hrs and the toll is 30CHF each way
Day 1 Arrive in La Spezia
walk around town and have dinner at La Lanterna Pizzeria, Di Anna Gibellini. 0187 770200. excellent food, cant say enough. veg Posted by The Shah in TRAVEL ITENARY | Oct 7, 2010
- Days 9, 10 & 11Day 9- We needed a vacation from our vacation in Venice. Although is it hauntingly beautiful it is also very busy and full of tourists. We took a water taxi across the way to a small island called Posted by LLC in Our Story | Oct 12, 2010
- Come Along!
Welcome to our travel blog. We thought it would be fun to keep our family and friends updated on our travel and the adventure we encounter along the way.
First up we'll be making our way through Spain and Posted by LLC in Our Story | Sep 27, 2010