- A Birdie Kind of Day + Europe Trip IntroductionToday, like nearly all of the days since I have been home from my Oceania trip, was a chilly, blustery day with temps ranging from only 42-49 throughout the day. I did, however, manage to get quite a bit of Posted by skwclar in Birding around the World | Apr 18, 2014
Unless I go to town to the library, I will be without internet access for the next few days. I am on the very edge of Sierra Vista, Arizona staying at the Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Apr 18, 2014
- DAY NINETEEN - Thursday April 17,2014I woke up early to listen to the first radio transmissions as the ships approached. I took some photos and continued to listen until I needed to pack for Miami. The shuttle van driver suggested that we take Posted by lukskytest in Queen Victoria 2014 Trip | Apr 18, 2014
- James Landers Saint PetersburgA charitable individual, [[http://www.sunzu.com/saintpetersburg|James Landers]] created the Landers Youth Foundation in St. Petersburg, Florida, to help disadvantaged youth in the area. Also a volunteer football and baseball coach for the North East Bandi Posted by saintpetersburg in James Landers Saint Petersburg | Apr 17, 2014
- James LandersTampa Bay-based [[https://foursquare.com/user/81704172|James Landers]] maintains a long history of founding and leading successful businesses, including several companies focused on real estate development throughout Florida. Currently, James Landers oper Posted by Jameslanders in James Landers | Apr 17, 2014
- On To TucsonWe hit highway 10, north of El Paso, TX, and ended our day in Tucson's Saguaro National Monument. This stretch of road is forsaken marked only by road signs of tourist traps, far off points of interest and signs warning Posted by carolsrv in Serendipity | Apr 17, 2014
- Easter Build - Habitat for Humanity Beius(All information was taken from Habitat for Humanity Beius's website. You can find more info at [[http://www.habitatbeius.ro/project/casa-de-pasti-2014|Habitat Beius Website]] or on Facebook at [[https://www.facebook.com/habitatbeius|Habitat Beius - Face Posted by gooberkn in GV Beius 2014 | Apr 17, 2014
- DAY EIGHTEEN - Wednesday April 16,2014We had to leave the Queen Victoria this morning. It will be hard to get used to normal life where we are not so busy with lectures, exercise, eating, and entertainment. My Dad as he mentioned yesterday was off Posted by lukskytest in Queen Victoria 2014 Trip | Apr 17, 2014
- SIFFWe saw movies Posted by iat in Incredible Accessible Travels | Apr 15, 2014
- On the road at lastMonday 7 April
Today was a long day. We packed up the hire car and headed to Mac Churchill Acura in Fort Worth to pick up our SUV, a Ford Expedition 5.4L V8 (Gav's excited)! After about an hour Posted by liz.d in Our US & Canada Road Trip | Apr 15, 2014
- T-Minus 48 hours If you are reading this page, you are likely somebody who knows me in the three-dimensional world and are using this as a vehicle to keep track of me (Hi Mom! Hi Dad! Posted by hidburch in Belgium and Holland River Cruise | Apr 15, 2014
- Staying at Sedona's in CornvilleThe lady who is listed on AirBnB is named Sedona, but she lives in Cornville about 15 miles from Sedona, Arizona.
She was hosting a birthday brunch for a friend and I was welcomed to join the group.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/510746/Sedon Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Apr 15, 2014
- Going to Sedona ArizonaI left Williams with every intention of returning in a couple of days after a camping trip to Sedona.
As I write this, I never made it back and probably won't on this road trip.
There were two opportunities I was going Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Apr 15, 2014
- Tucson, ArizonaCurt and I spent our seventh anniversary in Tucson, Arizona with Christina and Chris Carmody. I met Christina in Cuba and they live in Prescott, Arizona so this was a half way point. We didn't arrive until late Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Apr 12, 2014
- 100,000 MilesOn April 12, 2014 around 4 PM the good, old 95 Chevy Van hit 100,000 miles.
[i Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Apr 11, 2014
- Find a Grave[[http://www.findagrave.com/|Find A Grave]] is a web site with requests to find specific grave sites and post a picture. While traveling in Moscow, Russia with Friendship Force in 2013, I met a man who was fulfilling a request outside of Moscow. Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Apr 14, 2014
- Grand Canyon
[[http://www.thetrain.com/the-train/schedule-routes/|On the train]] up to the Grand Canyon, I chose to ride in the observation car with food, Bloody Marys, and p Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Apr 14, 2014
- Williams ArizonaWilliams, Arizona was the last spot on the map where Route 66 was decommissioned as a highway.
Interstate 40 bypassed the town and it gradually died.
Then someone whose na Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Apr 14, 2014
- Phase II: "You think you can Miami?"[center]I’ve struggled with how best to describe this ‘gem’ of a place.
So, let’s see if you can figure it out?
[b]1.The first thing you will see upon arrival to South B Posted by AubreyJ in Road to the Gold | Apr 14, 2014
- Tiptoe Through the Hedgerow: The Hamptons From A to Z It's spring! That time of year when we move our clocks forward, clean our houses for the first time since Halloween, and drag an unsuspecting groundhog out of his hidey-hole to tell us whether we should bury our winter Posted by TTG in Escape From New York | Apr 14, 2014
- Visiting the LivingOf course, the best part of any trip are the people we meet along the way. Oklahoma was no different.
We first went to my mom’s first cousin, Bill. Bill is the son of my grandmother’s younger brother. Bill offered Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Apr 12, 2014
- Savannah, GA and Florida Caverns State Park (Marianna, FL)Next up, Savannah. It was a bittersweet 2.5 days there; sweet because it's all dressed up with cute little parks in each section of the city, and bitter, because it was raining 90% of the time I was there. Lots Posted by muricadave in DC to LA | Apr 12, 2014
- Canyon de ChellyOver 30 years ago while I was working up the road in Tsaile at the Navajo Community College [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Din%C3%A9_College|,now Din'e College]], my friend Ann Lee camped at the Canyon with her daughter Michelle and my son Brendan. I had Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Apr 12, 2014
- First Camping
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/51 Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Apr 12, 2014
- Neighborhood Bird Walk!Hello all,
Earlier this morning I led a very successful bird walk in my neighborhood of Oak Park, Illinois.
Before I give the report of the bird walk, if you live in the Chicago area and are interested, below are the Posted by skwclar in Birding around the World | Apr 12, 2014