- Day 3We woke this morning to -21 C or -6 F. Our car was covered in snow from the overnight snow fall.
We heard on the evening news on Tuesday that the road (I 15) south of Helena Posted by A-RPoulton in New Mexico/CA/OR/BC | Jan 11, 2017
- Jan. 10 - DANIA BEACH, FL
Just checking in to reassure our friends who didn’t want us to forget to bring Hästa – Here he is in sunny Florida, visiting the West Lake mangrove estuary and interco Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 8 | Jan 10, 2017
- The day with so much promiseWe woke up early again this morning, in preparation for driving up to the mountain again. We were going to head up to Copper Mountain again as they had received the most amount of snow. In fact, they had receive Posted by vansantjordan in Jordan's Travel Blog | Jan 10, 2017
- Day 2We had good and bad travel conditions.
We traveled AB Hwy 36 to AB Hwy 4 to the border crossing at Coutts, MT. Everything went pretty well but we were asked a new question which was. "Have you Posted by A-RPoulton in New Mexico/CA/OR/BC | Jan 10, 2017
- An unexpectedly deep powder dayWe drove up to Copper Mountain this morning, with not real high expectations for the day. They had reported 9 inches (22cm) of fresh snow in the last 24 hours, 6 inches of this had fallen during the day yesterday. Posted by vansantjordan in Jordan's Travel Blog | Jan 9, 2017
- The Grand Canyon[img=http://photos.travelle Posted by irenevt in The Grand Canyon | Jan 9, 2017
- Trying something new! Yesterday we didn't really do much. We just had a rest day after a few weeks of non stop adventure, and knowing we had a pretty jam packed rest of our trip. It was nice to just chill out and Posted by vansantjordan in Jordan's Travel Blog | Jan 8, 2017
- A New Year and a (not) so snowy Atlanta?Happy New Year everyone! If you’re in Atlanta right now, you know we ALMOST experienced our 3rd Atlanta Snowpocalypse (if you want a laugh, watch this episode of the Daily Show from the last Snowpocalypse in 2014: http://www.cc.com/video-clips/ht297f/the- Posted by PeterMyer in University of St Andrews & WM | Jan 8, 2017
- Have you ever wondered what -37 degrees feels like? Today is going to be a pretty lazy day. We are just driving from Craig, back to Fort Collins, finishing out 3,500 mile road trip. It was an extremely cold night, and never really warmed up during the day. When Posted by vansantjordan in Jordan's Travel Blog | Jan 7, 2017
- Waist deep powderThis first thing I did this morning after I woke up, was to check the snow report. 20 inches (50cm) of fresh snow had fallen in the last 24 hours!! That is a lot of snow!! It was still snowing Posted by vansantjordan in Jordan's Travel Blog | Jan 7, 2017
- Fresh tracks all dayWe woke up this morning with the good news that another 4-6 inches (10-15cm) of snow had fallen on the mountain. Even better news was that another 8-10 inches (20-25cm) was forecast to fall during the day, with another 10-12 Posted by vansantjordan in Jordan's Travel Blog | Jan 6, 2017
- First day of shredding SteamboatWe woke up to about 1/2 a foot of fresh snow outside (15cm).
This was very exciting as we are heading to Steamboat ski field for our first day of skiing today. Unfortunately Steamboat hadn' Posted by vansantjordan in Jordan's Travel Blog | Jan 5, 2017
- The journey to Steamboat==Day 18==
At 6am this morning, Australia would be coming into 2017. To celebrate, we decided to set an alarm for 5:30am, and call home to celebrate with them. It was nice to see and hear from them all again and Posted by vansantjordan in Jordan's Travel Blog | Jan 4, 2017
- Eating dinner on the edge of a cliffLast night was by far our coldest night. Not only were we sleeping on, and around snow, but the temperature dipped below -15 degrees Celsius, probably about -18. We had gone well below the comfort factor of our sleeping bags, Posted by vansantjordan in Jordan's Travel Blog | Jan 3, 2017
- Scariest day of my life at Zion National ParkToday we would be exploring Zion National Park. We woke up at our normal time of 6am. It was another cold night, dropping to about -10 degrees Celsius. We drove back into the park and had a little look around. Posted by vansantjordan in Jordan's Travel Blog | Jan 1, 2017
- Climbing back out of the canyonWe got up at 6am this morning to try and maximise our day. It was a much warmer night tonight than last night, still below 0 though. We packed up our tents and had breakfast. We were walking by about Posted by vansantjordan in Jordan's Travel Blog | Jan 1, 2017
- Walking into the canyonLast night was by far the coldest night we had experienced; not only on this trip, but definitely in my life!! It probably got down to about -15 degrees Celsius. The tents were frozen inside and out. We all made Posted by vansantjordan in Jordan's Travel Blog | Jan 1, 2017
- Seeing the canyon for the first timeToday was mostly set aside as a travel day to get from Moab to the Grand Canyon. We got up at our usual time of 6am. It was about a 6-hour drive to the canyon, and we were taking a Posted by vansantjordan in Jordan's Travel Blog | Jan 1, 2017
- NWTC Students Will Study Abroad in Barcelona!Hi everyone,
I am so excited to be leading another study abroad trip, this time to Barcelona! The students on this program will be law, business and engineering students and we will be gone January 1-14. My co-leader is Posted by AnneO in Barcelona 2017 | Dec 31, 2016
- Dec. 29 - LEICESTER, MAIt's almost time to travel!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/922 Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 8 | Dec 29, 2016
- A Christmas delight
Last night it rained, snowed, hailed, lightning and thunder and blew a gale. It was also very cold. We woke up at 6am, and it was snowing quite nicely. It was like waking up in all the Christmas Posted by vansantjordan in Jordan's Travel Blog | Dec 28, 2016
- A day of drivingToday is the first day of our much-anticipated round trip to Arches National Park, Grand Canyon, Bryce and Zion National Parks, Canyonlands National Park and Steamboat Ski field. Today we would be driving down to a town called Moab, which Posted by vansantjordan in Jordan's Travel Blog | Dec 28, 2016
- Winter Catch-up Post & a Life Bird!So...at last another busy semester has ended! It has been rewarding, though, with so many great musical opportunities through my choir, the Voice of Chicago. I did; though, manage to see a few birds in these first few weeks of Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 26, 2016
- A few of Thomas' pic's Yosemite National Park. You can really see how wet it was in these pictures, but also how mystical and beautiful it is!!
[img=http:/ Posted by vansantjordan in Jordan's Travel Blog | Dec 23, 2016
- Last day skiing for a whileThis morning we woke up to the good news that 4 inches (10cm) had fallen at Winter Park overnight!!
We wanted to get there as soon as possible as we knew it was going to be busy!! We got th Posted by vansantjordan in Jordan's Travel Blog | Dec 23, 2016