- San Francisco and Yosemite National ParkThe end of April saw my trip to San Francisco and Yosemite National Park come to life. This was a shorter trip then usual but careful planning allowed me to see all the sites that I thought were important Posted by pensfan30157 in Dave's Travels | May 3, 2016
- Meeting our camper van, trips to Oak Lawn and EvanstonAfter two days of pretty much ignoring the fact that there is a camper van sitting in the driveway that actually belongs to us, Sunday morning was the time for a first date. And the first impression was very positive. Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | May 2, 2016
- Day 7: Prehistoric Lands and Ghost Towns
Today we woke up around 3am after a failed attempt to camp in the car at the Navajo National Monument (it was dark, it was creepy, and mysterious noises were coming from all direction Posted by aswoger in Improvised Wanderlust | May 2, 2016
- April 30 - JUNEAU, ALASKA
Out on the water, again - this time on a whale watch catamaran sailing from Juneau to explore Stephen's Passage in the Inside Passage. This Stellar's sea lion has Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 7 | May 2, 2016
- Countdown to Departure==Jae is quite the planner, but she didn’t plan on this: In the days just preceding our departure, Xochi met a skunk in our yard one night, and it didn’t end well. Her first skunk mistake, and hopefully her last, Posted by hippocampus in Music and Mileage | May 2, 2016
- OVERVIEW==Welcome to the blog that is going to take my lovely wife Jae and myself on a self-inflicted vacation in search of exotic sounds and sights in America, North Africa, and Europe.
Our month-long itinerary looks a Posted by hippocampus in Music and Mileage | May 1, 2016
- TSA Precheck - Those magic wordsStarted in Iberia Lounge, T4S Madrid Airport
8.50am Saturday 30th April
Completed Room 1605, Doubletree Downtown, Omaha NE
8.30pm, Sunday 1st May
[b][i]"He who is outside the door has already a good part of his journey behind him" Old Dutch Posted by Johnash in Alaska or Bust - 2016 | May 1, 2016
- April 29 - SKAGWAY, ALASKA
Ships fly the flag of the country they are visiting when in their port. So many exotic flags have flown here on this amazing world cruise. But our America Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 7 | May 1, 2016
- Count Down for our Europe AdventureWe are one month away from our Adventure to Europe. I and my 2 children going to start our adventure in France, then heading
to Germany, Sweden, And Copenhagen. This trip is mainly to see all my friends that haven't seen Posted by NAGATTRAVEL in TRAVELING WITH KIDS | May 1, 2016
- A long day - our arrival in the USAOur last night in Germany was extremely short. The alarm clock went off at 3:15 am. Once in the gate area, we really deserved a cup of tea to observe the sun coming up before boarding the plane to Berlin Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | May 1, 2016
- Great Smoky Mountains National ParkSo nach dem ganzen Sightseeing in NYC, Philly und Washington ging es nun in die Natur. Um dem ganzen Trip ein Geschmack von Abenteuer einzuhauchen, hatten wir uns entschieden, den Weg von Washington nach Charlotte (North Carolina) mit dem Bus Posted by AngieAndMichi in Angie and Michael on tour | Apr 30, 2016
- April 27-28 - HUBBARD GLACIER AND GLACIER BAY NATIONAL PARK,
With US Park Rangers and Alaskan pilots onboard, we began our two days of glacier viewing.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/92262/F1218624E52C41FB Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 7 | Apr 29, 2016
- IntroductionHi. My name is James. It's 3:52am. I'm a night owl.
It's been several years since I last had a blog, but as I'm beginning to make this travel-thing full time, I suppose it's high time I combine my love of Posted by Ohokjb in The Endless Odyssey | Apr 29, 2016
- April 26 - SEWARD, ALASKA
Hoping the weather and the wildlife would cooperate, we went on an afternoon whale watch in Kenai Fjords National Park.
[img=http://photos.travel Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 7 | Apr 27, 2016
- Washington D.C.Warum süß (v.a. im Vergleich zu New York und Philadelphia)? Keine hohen Hochhäuser. Es gibt nämlich ein Gesetz, dass kein Gebäude höher als das Capitol sein darf.
Wir kamen am Samstag in Washington an und dachten, wir erkunden noch ein Posted by AngieAndMichi in Angie and Michael on tour | Apr 27, 2016
- April 25 - KODIAK, ALASKA
Alaskan weather is changeable. Our morning in Kodiak was rainy, windy and cold..
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/92262/7DF9A225C58B4635482 Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 7 | Apr 27, 2016
- Road Trip to The California-Mexico BorderBefore leaving for Oregon I applied for Global Entry passes for Dale and I. When we travel for work I usually carry lots of equipment and it is always a worry when I get stuck in security and my equipment Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Apr 26, 2016
- Day 6: Rocks and Buttes: the Skyscrapers of the Desert
We started the day mingling with the local wildlife as we filled up our tank in preparation for a long drive ahead. The flock of turkeys was just a few feet from the gas station!
[i Posted by aswoger in Improvised Wanderlust | Apr 26, 2016
- New York City - ReviewSo 7 Tage NYC. Cool wars und dann doch schnell rum. Die Stadt hat doch echt viel zu bieten und ist unglaublich eindrucksvoll.
So nun zu den Facts & Figures:
Unser Apartment haben wir via TripAdvisor gebucht und das war mit knapp Posted by AngieAndMichi in Angie and Michael on tour | Apr 26, 2016
- Day Trip, Indian Wells Art ShowA good friend of mine, Gregg Albracht is a professional photographer and stays at our house when he comes to Vegas. Gregg has changed his focus from regular landscape& horse photography to a more artsy, abstract type of photos. He Posted by vegasmike6 in Mike's Adventures | Apr 24, 2016
- Oak Park Bird Walk & Blackburnian Warbler!Today was an awesome day of spring migration! I managed to photograph many migrant birds which can be found very close to home in Oak Park. I LOVE migration because anything can show up anywhere!
Just before leading an Oak Park Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Apr 24, 2016
- April 23 - DUTCH HARBOR, ALASKA
After three days, crossing from Russia, we glided into the Port of Dutch Harbor in the peaceful pre-dawn hours. The Bering Sea is to our north, the Pacific Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 7 | Apr 24, 2016
- Philadelphia!So nach einer wundervollen und interessanten Woche in New York ging es nun am Donnerstag weiter nach Philadelphia! Wir dachten uns, dass wir unserem Urlaub ein wenig spannender gestalten wollen und haben die recht kurze Fahrt nach Philly mit dem Posted by AngieAndMichi in Angie and Michael on tour | Apr 24, 2016
- Family Time in Fort BidwellWhen our granddaughter Christabel first decided to open a café, in their new hometown of Fort Bidwell, I told her that we’d give her a weekend of work. That we’d wash dishes, cook or do what was needed. That would Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Apr 23, 2016
- Watching Woodcocks!Today, as well as leading the Thatcher Woods bird walk in the morning (see previous post), I attended the Illinois Young Birders' Club field trip to look for American Woodcocks at Air Station Prairie in the evening.
The Metra dropped me Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Apr 23, 2016