- Mesa VerdeGot up quite early and drove 2hr to Mesa Verde. Mesa Verde, Spanish for green table, offers a spectacular look into the lives of the Ancestral Pueblo people who made it their home for over 700 years, from A.D. 600 Posted by avoca in 12th World Rogaining Championships | Aug 6, 2014
- Pagosa SpringsHad a late morning, Tim and co. were leaving tomorrow so Tim wanted to get some work done around the house. The rest of us needed some fresh air so we went for a hike up Fourmile Falls. It wasn’t Posted by avoca in 12th World Rogaining Championships | Aug 5, 2014
- Pagosa SpringsTim got his 22 rifle out and we had a go shooting it. It very different to the gun I had shot in Vegas. It took a while but with some patience I got the hang of it! When we Posted by avoca in 12th World Rogaining Championships | Aug 4, 2014
- East to Glacier National ParkTravelling west
We set off west from Tacoma , quite late after our visit to the Lemay museum, towards the first destination on our road trip - Spokane. The trip would take about 3 hours so we wouldn't likely arrive until Posted by paulymx in North by northwest 2014 | Aug 10, 2014
- Meteor Crater?!?!?Having arrived so late last night we never had a hope of an early start. We went out to the local diner for breakfast. Kate enjoyed it very much, she had a three egg omelette and a never ending cup Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Jul 21, 2014
- Spaceship - That's Right: A Freaking SPACESHIP!After a week relaxing at the beach with Pat's whole family (where we watched Germany destroy Brazil), a brief interlude in San Fran to watch the world cup final (go Deutschland! Nice to see the coach smile for once) and Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Jul 21, 2014
- Denali to Anchorage Today we finished up the tour driving from Denali back to Anchorage, stopping at Talkeetna along the way for lunch and a small walk. This is where the hikers start the climb up Mt McKinley. It is cute little tourist Posted by georgiaodgers in Georgia's Exchange Adventures 2014 | Aug 9, 2014
- Maclaren River to Denali We continued from the lodge on the Denali Highway towards Denali. Once again more beautiful scenery, and a herd of caribou.
Denali National Park is the place where all visitors to Alaska want to come, I didn't realise what a Posted by georgiaodgers in Georgia's Exchange Adventures 2014 | Aug 9, 2014
- Valdez to Maclaren River LodgeWe left Valdez early to travel to Maclaren River Lodge, this is basically the middle of nowhere. The lodge we stayed at was the only building for miles. It also had a restaurant, and for them to collect supplies they Posted by georgiaodgers in Georgia's Exchange Adventures 2014 | Aug 9, 2014
- Day 1
Drove 5 hours through a 5-hour thunderstorm to the homeland, my birthplace Rochester, NY. Thankfully I had taken the 5-hour energy beforehand. My parents had sex at least twice Posted by davidoblath in Great Lakes 2014 | Aug 9, 2014
- San Francisco - Shopping Day:-) After two really eventful days, Victoria and I wanted to take it slow on Wednesday - so we did what every woman would have done and went shopping. There is not much to tell really though - of course I Posted by saskia_1707 in Round-the-World Trip | Aug 9, 2014
- Seward to ValdezToday's travelling consisted of a drive to Whittier, on which we saw our first moose and her calf! They are huge! We then took a 6 hour ferry trip through Prince William Sound to get to Valdez. It was raining Posted by georgiaodgers in Georgia's Exchange Adventures 2014 | Aug 9, 2014
- San Francisco - Bike Tour The most exhausting but also funniest bike ride of my life!
During our dinner the previous night, we probably had way too much sugar and decided to rent bikes in the morning to ride to Golden Gate Bridge and down Posted by saskia_1707 in Round-the-World Trip | Aug 9, 2014
- Anchorage - Seward Hello Everyone,
I haven't had strong enough wifi to be updating this blog throughout my tour, but I now have 8 hours of waiting in an airport so hopefully I get through the past 9 days in Alaska. Where do Posted by georgiaodgers in Georgia's Exchange Adventures 2014 | Aug 9, 2014
- Day 9: A Little BirdingToday I just managed a little bit of birding in between bouts of rainy weather in the Sun Valley area of central Idaho. Enjoy the photos below:
BREWER'S SPARROW, slightly uncommon species:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/631814/6237209C2219AC68 Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Aug 9, 2014
- Day 12 - Williams and Grand Canyon to Lake HavasuWe ate breakfast early at the hotel and then we were packed up and on the road for 7.30 to go and see the Grand Canyon from another side before heading back on ourselves to Lake Havasu.
We drove to Posted by westfamily in The West's Head West | Aug 9, 2014
- My Man PaulA few weeks ago, my cousin Evelyn called and asked, "With all that traveling around the world you do, haven't you found a man yet?"
I told her I had to be looking in order to find one.
Well, maybe I finally Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Aug 9, 2014
- Wild SF Walking Tour After visiting Lombard Street, we decided to walk up and down the mostly pretty steep hills to Union Square, the central shopping plaza (with all the really expensive shops!), to the meeting point for the Wild SF Walking Tour. It Posted by saskia_1707 in Round-the-World Trip | Aug 8, 2014
- Day 8: My Nemesis BirdSo what exactly is a nemesis bird? A nemesis bird is a species that constantly evades being seen by a particular birder. They are every birder's worst nightmare. Today my goal was conquering my nemesis bird--the Great Gray Owl, or Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Aug 8, 2014
- T-minus 19 Days! Get Excited! OR Terrified!** Welcome to the chaos, friends, family, and curious onlookers!
I suppose with the threat of departure almost upon me, I should bite the bullet and take some time to start this blog while I still have some shreds of sanity Posted by TrixiStella in Don't Worry, I'm Just Panicking | Aug 8, 2014
- A Job in MinnesotaSix weeks of "real life." Going to work in the morning, eating dinner at night, taking a little bike ride in the evenings and on weekends. No "go-see-do."
As a matter of fact, the break from the road proved to Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Aug 8, 2014
- Day 9 - LA to Las VegasWe set off early this morning on our road trip through the Mohave desert to Las Vegas. We stopped off at a Walmart to pick up some food for our picnic lunch.
Sunrise over Anaheim
Posted by westfamily in The West's Head West | Aug 7, 2014
- First 3 daysWell, hear it is the third day, and its the first opportunity to set up this blog.
I rode to Kelowna on Monday the 4th and stayed with Al Thiel. On Tuesday, we met Bill Cross and Bernie Schnieders at Posted by meyer3273 in 2014 Bill and Bob's excellent adventure | Aug 7, 2014
- San Francisco - Lombard Street After a surprisingly restful first night at the hostel, I was keen on getting to know my roomates a little better. Little did I know then that this would make the following four days absolutely memorable and fun!
I shared Posted by saskia_1707 in Round-the-World Trip | Aug 7, 2014
- San Francisco - Green Tortoise HostelFinally, after one year of anticipation, I set off on my long-planned trip around the world. After a 14-hour flight all the way from Frankfurt to San Francisco, I finally arrived at the airport and it took me quite a Posted by saskia_1707 in Round-the-World Trip | Aug 7, 2014