- Christmas Eve in MiamiAfter two months of living in Bolivia, I packed my bags and left on December 24th, arriving in the United States on December 25th.
[center]Hey! That's Christmas! Why would anyone fly on Christmas!? [/center]
I know, right? I don't know why Posted by DanPan in Dan Pan - The Travel Man! | Jul 11, 2014
- Alcatraz!Photos are at the bottom today! A trip to San Francisco wouldn't be complete without a trip to the infamous Alcatraz. Unfortunately all the tours had been sold out, but after some characteristic googling and detective work from me I Posted by larabester in Bester goes Abroad! | Jul 9, 2014
- Day 16: NoCal
It was incredibly hard to pull ourselves out of our beds at the Napa Marriott in the morning of Independence Day, after 8 nights of camping and hostel stays. The thought of a wine tasti Posted by neveron in P and E Go XC | Jul 10, 2014
- Day 17: Into Oregon
Amazed that this part of the country would not offer zip lining, given the number of 300' trees around, we decided instead to do a simple drive and hike through some more of the old-gro Posted by neveron in P and E Go XC | Jul 10, 2014
- Day 7: Rocky Mountain National Park and Other Matters...==Uh Oh!==
We found this first thing in the morning...
Well, we certainly weren't going to get on the road as early as we planned! After praying for wisdom, safety, and peace, the Posted by StriClanTravels in 2014 Stricklin Summer Vacation | Jul 10, 2014
- Day 9: Birds, Trees, Music, and Peace on MadelineToday I spent less time focused solely on birding and more time relaxing, enjoying the overall peacefulness and beautiful scenery of Madeline Island, and listening to beautiful music played by the music camp at which my mom is teaching. I Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 10, 2014
- Day 6: Lake Zimmerman and Exploring Grandparent's Property==Zimmerman Lake Hike==
While I stayed back at the house, Grandpa took Chris and the kids to hike up to [[http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/arp/recreation/ohv/recarea/?recid=36867&actid=50|Zimmerman Lake]]. They saw more beautiful views and wild flowers Posted by StriClanTravels in 2014 Stricklin Summer Vacation | Jul 10, 2014
- USA - Salt Lake City, UtahSalt Lake City is in Northern Utah nestled next to the Great Salt Lake. Originally founded by The Church of Jesus Christ, Latter Day Saints (Mormans) in 1847, Salt Lake City has a large central plaza called Temple Square that Posted by TheNomadWay.com in TheNomadWay.com | Jun 25, 2014
- Las Vegas to the Rockies
We got to Las Vegas on a small Canadair plane from LA.
It was even hotter there than Anaheim.
The hotel was a sight to behold, Paris themed throughout. We found it a bit hard to cope with the smoking in the Posted by Karen's USA in Our USA trip 2014 | Jul 10, 2014
- ChicagoThis morning, I walked to Wrigley Field, home of the Chicago Cubs.
After that, Posted by Adamtrumble in Northern hemisphere 2014 | Jul 9, 2014
- Rolling with My Homies * Taking the bus
** Maids, shift workers, hobos, weirdos, tourists, clowns
Before long it seemed things were coming to an end like all great things do. I was back in Los Angeles, the Posted by The Tipsy Gipsy in The Tipsy Gipsy | Jul 9, 2014
- USA - Canyonlands, UtahLast of the Utah big 5, Canyonlands is unofficially the start of the Grand Canyon. The Colorado and Green Rivers meet in the middle of the National Park, and lead down through Grant Canyon and into The Grand Canyon. There Posted by TheNomadWay.com in TheNomadWay.com | Jun 22, 2014
- Seriously Impressive CountrysideBefore heading to the campsite by Lake Powell, we'd decided to stop at Antelope Canyon - a natural 'slot canyon' worn through the sandstone hills by flood waters. The canyon is just wide enough to let hundreds of tourists make Posted by DanAndBells in Adventures with Danny & Bells | Jul 9, 2014
- ....oh but we're itching to fly!Two more days.
Two more days and we have a 6:20 pm flight out of Hartford and into Ft. Myers, Florida where we get to spend 10 glorious days with my sister and her husband. Away from work, responsibility, Massachusetts, Posted by JenniElle in (Miss)Adventures | Jul 9, 2014
- Becky Moves to BostonJust a few days before Becky was to begin her job in Boston, we hit the road to move her out to her apartment and have some fun. We not only got her ready for life in Boston but we Posted by CDCHannah in My Year on the Road | Jun 8, 2014
- Day 8: Warblers Galore!Today I went birding again for most of the morning on my bike on the magically packed-with-birds Madeline Island in Lake Superior. I saw 14 species of warblers, which are tiny, brightly-colored songbirds, and they happen to be my absolute Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 9, 2014
- The Adventure Begins!Today around 3:00pm I leave for John F. Kennedy International Airport and head to Budapest and begin my global village adventures! All the hotels are booked, the details are organized, the binder is complete, the bags are packed. Everything is Posted by gooberkn in GV Beius 2014 | Jul 9, 2014
- Holy Smokes!
My daughter-in-law [[http://www.stephaniekaepanek.com/|Stephanie]] took this picture of me so that family would have an image of me with my hair combed. She i Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Jul 9, 2014
- Day 5: Hiking Arthur's Rock and Waterplay==Hiking to Arthur's Rock==
Waking up early to a colorful sunrise revealed through our bedroom window early in the morning and the sound of birds singing in the mountains was refreshing. We drank our coffee and prepared for our Posted by StriClanTravels in 2014 Stricklin Summer Vacation | Jul 8, 2014
- Chicago - downtownAnother beautiful day in Chicago.
And another eventful start to the day at the same coffee place as yesterday. This time, their computer system was down, so breakfast was free!
I used the last hour of by 24 hour bike share membership Posted by Adamtrumble in Northern hemisphere 2014 | Jul 8, 2014
- Days 6 and 7: First 2 Full Days on Madeline Island!Due to blog malfunctions, as you may have been aware of, I did not post yesterday, so today is a "catch-up" post for the two first days I have spent on the quiet and supremely beautiful (not to mention supremely Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 8, 2014
- Meet the Partner Families We Will Be Working WithIn 24 hours I leave for my 12th team to Beius, Romania! I just heard from Emil, our host coordinator, about our plan for the week.
We will be working in villages outside of Beius for the beginning part Posted by gooberkn in GV Beius 2014 | Jul 8, 2014
- Costa Rica…..Boris loves to watch the world cup
or maybe he just loves
for Costa RIca
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/497240/IMG_4793.jpg thumb=http://photos Posted by Baronessonthego in Al's Adventures | Jul 8, 2014
- Day 4: Church and Visit to the Cabin in the Mountains==Church==
Our day began in worship at Grandpa and Grandma's church, Livermore Community Church. We enjoyed getting to meet their friends from church and worshiping with them with a patriotic theme.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/683296/DSC_0 Posted by StriClanTravels in 2014 Stricklin Summer Vacation | Jul 8, 2014
- Camping againClaude took his tent west to Deep Creek Lake
While others cycled up steep hills in the pouring rain
In his wisdom Claude stayed warm and dry in his tent
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/497240/DSC_0011.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoin Posted by Baronessonthego in Al's Adventures | Jul 8, 2014