- ChicagoWe spent the day walking.
We walked along the shore line of Lake Michigan which is almost the size of England! We ended up in Lincoln Park zoo which is privately owned with free admission. We spent almost 3 Posted by RickAdderley in Route 66 | Aug 11, 2015
- From San Diego to San FranWritten by Caroline
We left Simon, Jess and Gabe in Oceanside with our heads full of Jess's suggestions of things to do in San Fran and caught the train down the coast to San Diego. The weather was postcard perfect and Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Aug 10, 2015
- Family Gathering, Part 1After a day at home, we had to leave once again, this time to our son’s house in the Lompoc area. This last part of our vacation was to last thru the week.
Upon the death of Dale’s parents, the Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Aug 10, 2015
- Traveling to Israel Through Moscow RouteOur backbags were ready...The children did an amazing job of keeping track of their backbags....
We checked in....the first thing we noticed is that each child is sitting separate so the mother instinct worked here that
I requested the youngest child be Posted by NAGATTRAVEL in TRAVELING WITH KIDS | Aug 10, 2015
- Days 14 & 15: My Second Nemesis BirdI am taking a lazy day off birding today (although I did get one photo of a STELLER'S JAY from the condo today) because I had a huge birding excursion yesterday which this post is mainly about. Enjoy!
The Great Gray Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Aug 10, 2015
- ChicagoWeather cloudy but warm, mid 20's.
The city is still as beautiful as we remembered from our last visit in 2003. Navy Pier (https://navypier.com/) is one of the main attractions which during our last visit we spent many happy hours in Posted by RickAdderley in Route 66 | Aug 10, 2015
- I'm no good at TitlesDay 12 continued....
Hi again, it's your friendly one finned fish, Nemo!!! While Chunk had to rest at the hotel in Deming, New Mexico, I still felt like a captain, so off to the local Liquor store for some Captain Morgan Posted by wearewhere in Nemo and Chunk 2015 | Aug 9, 2015
- Into the WildDay 12
What in the world were we thinking when we decided river tubing in Arizona in August was a good idea? We were wrong. It was a GREAT idea!!!! Over 40 degree heat? No problem. Bring on the SPF 8000 Posted by wearewhere in Nemo and Chunk 2015 | Aug 9, 2015
- Got Him to the GreekDay 10
Made it through another night. Somehow. Awoke the next morning and realized we had an appointment to keep. In Griffin Park. I had to get Nemo to the Greek Theatre. No reason of course but it convinced that lazy Posted by wearewhere in Nemo and Chunk 2015 | Aug 9, 2015
- LA ConfidentialDay 9
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Yup. It's Chunk again. And yes, for those of you playing along at home, it is correctly Day 9 of the blog. Looks like Nemo got excited when he got his chance to write and jumped over Posted by wearewhere in Nemo and Chunk 2015 | Aug 9, 2015
- 9th August
We begin our day in New Jersey. ....and swiftly move on to Pennsylvania to visit the historic city of Philidelphia, famous for........The Rocky steps?!! Not quite sure what the fuss is a Posted by laughingfish in Laughing Fish | Aug 9, 2015
- Brothers and CousinsWritten by Sam
We journeyed to Hollywood one final time (well, actually we were going to Burbank, a bit further north). Our destination was the Warner Brothers Studios, a chance to see the magic behind Hollywood.
[img=http://photos.traveller Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Aug 9, 2015
- 1st Visit to ChicagoWe arrived in Chicago late yesterday afternoon after fighting through the traffic from the airport by taxi. A silver lining though, he forgot to put the meter on until 2/3 way into the journey so we struck a deal. Posted by RickAdderley in Route 66 | Aug 9, 2015
- Day 13: Wood River Bike PathBetween times of rain on this damp, chilly day, my dad, sister, and I biked the beautiful Wood River Bike Path near Sun Valley, Idaho. Although the views were beautiful, the birding was below average as I only managed 28 Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Aug 8, 2015
- 2015 Happy Trails - The Story Behind The Story==Leaving Happy Trails Home - Buffalo, MO==
===August 6, 2015===
I thought I would begin our 2015 Happy Trails trip diary with yesterday’s route as the plan was to (finally) leave Missouri and be on our way to parts of the country Posted by JudyandTim2012 in Happy Trails To You, Until We Meet Again | Aug 8, 2015
- Giant Steps, The Horse GalaI’d not planned well and dates were slightly off on the schedule I’d made out. As it turned out we had 2 days free before heading to Petaluma for the Giant Steps Gala Fundraiser.
We went home and washed clothes and Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Aug 8, 2015
- Back in the U.S.A.
We picked up our car in Boston, and have resumed our road-trip . We decided to drive cross-country back to California, stopping to see friends and family along the way before heading back t Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | Aug 8, 2015
- New YorkArrived into New York and the Night Hotel times Square. Blue skies and 30 degrees. Our hotel is just off of Times Square and walking di Posted by RickAdderley in Route 66 | Aug 8, 2015
- It’s My Birthday. I'll Eat if I Want To.
It all started when Matt asked me what I wanted for my birthday.
I puzzled. I planned. I pondered.
I came up with…..nothing.
There was absolutely nothing I wanted that I didn’ Posted by vicki_h in . | Aug 7, 2015
- Day 12: Silver Creek Preserve & Magic ReservoirToday my family took me birding to two major birding hotspots here in Blaine County, Idaho: Silver Creek Preserve and the Magic Reservoir. It was a beautiful day for birding with partly sunny skies and temperatures topping out at a Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Aug 7, 2015
- The Party's overIt's 5:00 a.m. and I'm up for the sunrise here on the Cape before we head for home. I just sent Jane a text letting her know this is the last morning on the porch . "Be Posted by Linda Fluckiger in Living a Dream | Aug 1, 2015
- Bed and BreakfastFor several years now, we've been coming out to the Cape a day early to avoid the bridge traffic and to have plenty of time to meander through the little shops and restaurants we find along the way from Posted by Linda Fluckiger in Living a Dream | Jul 22, 2015
- Dark and StormyIt's 5:30 am, I'm wide awake and ready for my coffee. I tiptoe downstairs and to my surprise, Jane is up too. She came down for the sunrise and just happened to catch a small glimpse of it Posted by Linda Fluckiger in Living a Dream | Jul 26, 2015
- A celebration of excessWritten by Sam
We started the day in the Hollywood heat, where we pushed past Mr Muscles, Spiderman, Superman, Shrek, Minnie and Mickey Mouse (Mice?) on the Walk of Fame. We made brief stops at the Dolby Theatre, where the Oscars Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Aug 6, 2015
- More rocks in Capitol Reef, Arches and CanyonlandsThe next leg of our USA road trip continued through Utah to three more national parks and two state parks. It was still all about the rocks with spectacular arches, canyons and domes along with some extreme weather.
It was another Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Aug 6, 2015