- Yellowstone National ParkIts 330 miles from Whitefish to the town of Bozeman, Montana on highway 90. Half of the journey is through Flathead National Park, which is a long straight, empty stretch of road through dense, virgin forest. We passed few Posted by paulymx in North by northwest 2014 | Sep 23, 2014
- The inventor and the dictatorSo much has happened since my last blog entry. As the matter of fact, some of the things that happened made it very difficult for me to write. First and foremost, I learned the hard way some of the Posted by VukomanovicIgor in West Coast Galore | Sep 23, 2014
- Off to Las Vegas[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/701847/49D21C35FB08E95B201FFBAC2677CB38.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/701847/thumb_49D21C35FB08E95B201FFBAC2677CB38. Posted by dahl.family in Our Trip To The USA | Sep 22, 2014
- Leaf PeepingDay 24 Woodstock, VT to Augusta, ME:
This morning Christian and Daniel got us unhooked and set for the road while the rest of us cuddled just a little longer. Once the engine started, however, all eyes open and the Posted by WolffPack7 in East Coast or Bust! | Sep 22, 2014
- Day One: September 22Wow, what a fun day of adventuring! We drove from here to there!
Posted by Mr. Costa in The Great American Road Trip | Sep 22, 2014
- The Baseball[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/701847/16608D1CC2382D2825C7C00C5D7723 Posted by dahl.family in Our Trip To The USA | Sep 21, 2014
- Maple SyrupDay 23 Middlesborough, MA to Woodstock, VT:
Today we decided to go north west to avoid some rainy weather conditions. We left Boston after breakfast and headed through New Hampshire to Vermont. On our way we used our Posted by WolffPack7 in East Coast or Bust! | Sep 21, 2014
- From coldest to warmest placeAfter 2 days in Las Vegas we set off camping again. On the way to Grand Canyon we drove along route 66 and stopped in Seligman for lunch. When we arrived at our camp in Grand Canyon we saw lots Posted by vikingabroad in VIKING ABROAD | Sep 21, 2014
- Les dessous de Big IslandNous profitons de la luxuriance d’Hawaii et allons visiter un endroit insolite. Pendant des siècles, les coulées de lave successives ont créé des centaines de tunnels sur des dizaines de niveaux. Guy nous conduit dans l'un des passages secrets de Posted by bloomglance in Volcano trip | Sep 21, 2014
- Big Island... Du vert... du gris... du rouge...Nous quittons Auckland pour un voyage interminable de 24 heures pour atteindre Honolulu via San Francisco. Surprise, un peu de strasses : des limousines blanches nous conduisent à un grand hotel en bordure de la plage de sable fin de Posted by bloomglance in Volcano trip | Sep 21, 2014
- Leavenworth, WA to Kimberley, BCThe next couple of days travel were also supposed to be easy, just 400 miles and a border crossing, but it became 650 miles plus. This is generally not on the Interstate, and we pop in to every town likely Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Sep 20, 2014
- MonumentalDay 22 Boston, MA to Middleborough, MA:
Today we said our final goodbyes to Granny and she went on her way to get back to Idaho. It was nice to have her again for a couple of nights. After Posted by WolffPack7 in East Coast or Bust! | Sep 20, 2014
- Leaving Los AngelesI left the ol' Chevy Van in Milwaukee and have spent recent days in Los Angeles with my son's family – Brendan, his wife Stephanie, and their foster daughter.
My sister Diane hosted us (including my son's sister and brother-in-law Jodie Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Sep 20, 2014
- David Lynch built itExcept for a short trip to Seattle where I met with my old mate Chris, enjoyed the Pike place market offerings and did some shopping for my friend Rene, I spent the last few days in my most favorite escape: Posted by VukomanovicIgor in West Coast Galore | Sep 19, 2014
- HollywoodToday we went to Hollywood. First we drove to a lookout that allowed you to look over the Hollywood sign. It got quite busy so we left after we got our photos. Then we went to the observatory that Posted by dahl.family in Our Trip To The USA | Sep 19, 2014
- BostonDay 21 Boston, MA (no driving day in the RV…just the minivan to the city):
Today we drove into the city to see history come alive. It was an all day field trip that bursted with so much information, we Posted by WolffPack7 in East Coast or Bust! | Sep 19, 2014
- Heading OutWell today finally starts the journey. I got to start the day with my buddy Darrell and a few beers at Grahams after our shift. After having a nice lunch with the guys on Group 4 I am off to Posted by CStopero in European Adventure | Sep 19, 2014
- MilwaukeeMaybe it's the weather.
Maybe it is just time to stop roaming for a while.
Maybe Milwaukee is not really an end destination.
The traffic was terrible on streets that were rarely through streets and most often under construction.
The draw bridges over Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Sep 19, 2014
- Fortune Cookie UpdateNothing yellow all day... until fate drew to my attention an as-yet unnoticed Chinese restaurant, a meal was consumed and then I was brought, in a yellow wrapper, another fortune cookie!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/673275/79E5F615FF61C8BCFA5 Posted by LordGibil in The Littlest Hobo | Sep 18, 2014
- Seattle to Leavenworth (NOT the prison)We had a fairly relaxed day for the first one on the road, just 150 miles. The plan had been to visit the Boeing factory for the tour, but I failed to secure a booking, so we wandered around Seattle Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Sep 18, 2014
- We're here!Day 20 Utica, New York to Boston, MA:
Christian got up early and drove us about an hour before the rest of us rose from our slumber this morning. We ate breakfast at a New York rest stop and then Posted by WolffPack7 in East Coast or Bust! | Sep 18, 2014
- Ain't Getting On No PlaneOnce again I have been foiled - just back from the tour office and apparently it's too windy to fly today.
My last day in Ketchikan and it's raining cats & dogs - my only options seem to be:
a) stay in Posted by LordGibil in The Littlest Hobo | Sep 18, 2014
- La boucle est bouclée (We've come full circle)Well, it's been quite a time.
We are happy to report that we did NOT fly Air France back to the States; thus we made it home to Chicago as scheduled! And so it's time to wrap up these musings.
***First, [b][i]Le Posted by Bredwardz in Bredwardz on the Road | Sep 18, 2014
- The Bear NecessitiesStill no bears, so I have pushed the boat out and booked myself on a viewing trip for tomorrow, my last day in Ketchikan. Hopefully the bears won't be put off by rain because that is the forecast.
My last update Posted by LordGibil in The Littlest Hobo | Sep 18, 2014
- Flying to the USAIn the morning we went to the airport in a maxi taxi, went through customs and boarded our plane. Our plane was a A380 and it is one of the biggest types of t Posted by dahl.family in Our Trip To The USA | Sep 17, 2014