- San Francisco - Bike Tour The most exhausting but also funniest bike ride of my life!
During our dinner the previous night, we probably had way too much sugar and decided to rent bikes in the morning to ride to Golden Gate Bridge and down Posted by saskia_1707 in Round-the-World Trip | Aug 9, 2014
- Anchorage - Seward Hello Everyone,
I haven't had strong enough wifi to be updating this blog throughout my tour, but I now have 8 hours of waiting in an airport so hopefully I get through the past 9 days in Alaska. Where do Posted by georgiaodgers in Georgia's Exchange Adventures 2014 | Aug 9, 2014
- Day 9: A Little BirdingToday I just managed a little bit of birding in between bouts of rainy weather in the Sun Valley area of central Idaho. Enjoy the photos below:
BREWER'S SPARROW, slightly uncommon species:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/631814/6237209C2219AC68 Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Aug 9, 2014
- Day 12 - Williams and Grand Canyon to Lake HavasuWe ate breakfast early at the hotel and then we were packed up and on the road for 7.30 to go and see the Grand Canyon from another side before heading back on ourselves to Lake Havasu.
We drove to Posted by westfamily in The West's Head West | Aug 9, 2014
- My Man PaulA few weeks ago, my cousin Evelyn called and asked, "With all that traveling around the world you do, haven't you found a man yet?"
I told her I had to be looking in order to find one.
Well, maybe I finally Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Aug 9, 2014
- Wild SF Walking Tour After visiting Lombard Street, we decided to walk up and down the mostly pretty steep hills to Union Square, the central shopping plaza (with all the really expensive shops!), to the meeting point for the Wild SF Walking Tour. It Posted by saskia_1707 in Round-the-World Trip | Aug 8, 2014
- Day 8: My Nemesis BirdSo what exactly is a nemesis bird? A nemesis bird is a species that constantly evades being seen by a particular birder. They are every birder's worst nightmare. Today my goal was conquering my nemesis bird--the Great Gray Owl, or Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Aug 8, 2014
- T-minus 19 Days! Get Excited! OR Terrified!** Welcome to the chaos, friends, family, and curious onlookers!
I suppose with the threat of departure almost upon me, I should bite the bullet and take some time to start this blog while I still have some shreds of sanity Posted by TrixiStella in Don't Worry, I'm Just Panicking | Aug 8, 2014
- A Job in MinnesotaSix weeks of "real life." Going to work in the morning, eating dinner at night, taking a little bike ride in the evenings and on weekends. No "go-see-do."
As a matter of fact, the break from the road proved to Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Aug 8, 2014
- Day 9 - LA to Las VegasWe set off early this morning on our road trip through the Mohave desert to Las Vegas. We stopped off at a Walmart to pick up some food for our picnic lunch.
Sunrise over Anaheim
Posted by westfamily in The West's Head West | Aug 7, 2014
- First 3 daysWell, hear it is the third day, and its the first opportunity to set up this blog.
I rode to Kelowna on Monday the 4th and stayed with Al Thiel. On Tuesday, we met Bill Cross and Bernie Schnieders at Posted by meyer3273 in 2014 Bill and Bob's excellent adventure | Aug 7, 2014
- San Francisco - Lombard Street After a surprisingly restful first night at the hostel, I was keen on getting to know my roomates a little better. Little did I know then that this would make the following four days absolutely memorable and fun!
I shared Posted by saskia_1707 in Round-the-World Trip | Aug 7, 2014
- San Francisco - Green Tortoise HostelFinally, after one year of anticipation, I set off on my long-planned trip around the world. After a 14-hour flight all the way from Frankfurt to San Francisco, I finally arrived at the airport and it took me quite a Posted by saskia_1707 in Round-the-World Trip | Aug 7, 2014
- VideosBelow are a few videos I took while at the sanctuary. The password for all of them is "savelions" (sorry, this blog is strange when it comes to video options / privacy settings).
Selfie video while returning Meg Posted by grendak in South Africa | Aug 6, 2014
- Day 6: Flycatcher Grand Slam & Other Rare Birds in IdahoThis morning I hiked part of the way up Bald Mountain in central Idaho. The trail leads basically from the backyard of the condo in which I am staying and continues up the mountain, making it great and convenient for Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Aug 6, 2014
- MontanaSo we went to Montana and stayed at the Rocky Mountain Hi RV park. for three days. The park was wonderful. Our site was shaded and it was a pull through instead of a back in site. Posted by patfin in Tripping across America | Aug 6, 2014
- Stuff and Moving into the RV was a daunting task in preparation for this trip. What to bring, where to put it. Pack too much and we would be labeled hoarders and we’d be stressed with clutter. Pack too Posted by carolsrv in Serendipity | Aug 6, 2014
- Day 8 - Disney California Adventureay Two of our Disney adventures. Up early and on the shuttle bus back to the park. Today we went to the other Disney Park and had an absolutely amazing day. Excellent rides and lots of turns on Posted by westfamily in The West's Head West | Aug 6, 2014
- Day 50Friends, we made it back home tonight. Aeroflot flight was late as usual, we missed connected flight, but made it home. All tired and will be ready to meet everyone in a day or so! Posted by thezims in Russia | Aug 6, 2014
- Mahalo Hawaii!And here we are again, time to say good-bye to Hawaii! I had a wonderful time and am now super-relaxed to continue my travels to...JAPAN!!!
But first things first, here's a little summary of my Hawaiian favorites:
[b]My AirBnB hosts & new Posted by AndreaLed in Andrea's Trip Around the World | Aug 6, 2014
- Pre-travel worriesToday was a good day! My dad stayed the night to check out our new home, we prepared a wonderful African dinner (fufu & meat stew) for my dad to enjoy, and I got my mini donut maker to finally Posted by GiseleTravels in Gisele's Trip to Europe | Aug 5, 2014
- In the words of John Denver, "Rocky Top Tennessee"As the pathetic middle child, my parents still extend me an invitation on their family vacations, and I, with my five weeks of paid time off, gladly accept any invitation handed to me. For over a decade, my dad has Posted by lsto90 in Get Out of Town | Aug 5, 2014
- Farewell to SeattleWe had a fun filled last week and weekend in Seattle. We had the opportunity to stay at a friend's beach house at Ocean Shores, about 3 hours drive south. Not quite like our beaches, it was covered in Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Aug 5, 2014
- Day 5: Silver Creek Nature PreserveToday my mom drove me to the nearby Silver Creek Nature Preserve so that I could find a nest of Long-eared Owls, which would be an awesome lifer for me if I found them. Read on to see if I Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Aug 5, 2014
- And I am off!
Hey guys, it's me, Paul! I have decided to travel throughout southeast Asia over the next 5 weeks. Upon popular demand, I will try to write a blog and update you on all the very stupid things I do. The Posted by PaulGrieve in southeast Asia | Aug 5, 2014