- Las Vegas Neon MuseumOne of the Senior centers where I deal Hold 'Em poker offered a tour of the [[http://www.neonmuseum.org/|Las Vegas Neon Museum]] aka Neon Boneyard (NB) last month. Carl and I decided to go and paid our $10. Seniors normally pay $12, Posted by vegasmike6 in Mike's Adventures | Mar 8, 2016
- Countdown Begins...Planning is part of trip fun! We enjoyed breakfast at Denny's to finalize some of those plans. What planning is needed on a guided tour trip? We made commitments for casual dressing, tennis shoes, one suitcase each, no Posted by SouzScott in Eastern Europe 2016 Na zdravi! | Mar 7, 2016
- Vancouver Canucks' California Road TripI heard about this annual event some time ago and signed up. The team chartered a plane and 120 fans took off for San Jose after a nice breakfast in the airport. On landing we went directly to Posted by douglasw in Around the World | Mar 7, 2016
- Finally...Nice Spring WeatherA short bike ride around my neighborhood on this beautifully warm day (58 degrees) yielded 11 species of birds, the best of which were at least 2 KILLDEER migrating overhead and calling vociferously, which marks only the second time I Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Mar 7, 2016
- Swan Slam!Hello birding friends,
Yesterday (Sunday, March 6), my dad and I joined the Illinois Young Birders for a field trip to look for waterfowl in Will County, Illinois under partly sunny skies and beautiful temperatures in the lower 50's.
Our first stop Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Mar 7, 2016
- Chattanooga, Tennessee
It turns out I had a surprise weekend off work so we hightailed it to Chattanooga for the half marathon. A three hour drive brings us to this scenic city and another 10 min Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Mar 5, 2016
- Planning and packing!We've started planning and packing for our upcoming trip to Italy. We've started buying the little things we'll need and a friend was kind enough to give us three "Wine Diapers" to bring back bottles of wine from our trip.
Time Posted by ChrisandSoni in Chris & Soni's Italy Trip 2016 | Mar 6, 2016
- Winter is a beach
I was successful in squeezing out every last minute of this vacation by signing up for a 5K run before our flight. The name “winter is a beach” drew me in and it was anythi Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Jan 17, 2016
- Cross country skiing and ice dogs hockey
Carb loading was in order this morning as our first activity was to be cross country skiing. The club had a huge breakfast burrito that did the trick for me. The best west Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Jan 16, 2016
- Museum of the Rockies in Bozeman, Montana
Both our guides from yesterday recommended we see the Museum of the Rockies so we had the hotel shuttles take us. Montana is apparently a great place to find fossils and th Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Jan 15, 2016
- 63 days and countingI may have felt a little sick and giddy as I pressed the payment confirmation button, but I am so excited about my first solo vacation! Only 63 days until the big day now!
Let me tell you, the sense of Posted by katori in New girl on the trail | Mar 3, 2016
- Cooke City to Bozeman
Five inches of snow fell overnight and according to the locals this is “nothing”. Snow plows got through early in the morning and we continue on our wolf watching without a Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Jan 13, 2016
- Death Valley WildflowersI had been following the news of the 'Super Bloom' of wildflowers online and in the Review Journal. I called the Death Valley National Park (DVNP) Ranger station and he confirmed that the wildflowers were at peak. He said the Posted by vegasmike6 in Mike's Adventures | Mar 3, 2016
- Welcome!For my first post on here I decided to do a look ahead at my travels this summer. This summer I will be one of the assistant chefs for the Boston Crusaders Drum and Bugle Corps during their tour with Posted by colint268 in Forks in the Road | Mar 1, 2016
- Champagne Brunch in the Superbloom So we have been to Death Valley for trip #2. This was to salvage the day to shoot photos and have a champagne breakfast among the wildflowers.
For those who are unfamiliar with Death Valley and its affairs, this year is Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Feb 29, 2016
- Puddle JumperThis post will be short. I was fortunate enough to fly home (on miles, don't worry) for 5 days last week, thanks be to the parents. It was really the perfect weekend, timing wise. My sweet grandmother passed away peacefully, Posted by jbolt in New Opportunities | Feb 29, 2016
- #AllInBook Launch Party! Posted by joshlevs in All In Book Tour | May 14, 2015
- 2016 Oak Park Bird Walks!With the warmer temperatures this weekend, I thought it would be an opportune time to post this spring's dates for FREE Oak Park Bird Walks! It should be a great season!
Email me to reserve a space(s) on a walk(s) at Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Feb 27, 2016
- Out of Hibernation and Ready to RollDeparture day is here for our next extended motorhome adventure. We will be spending the next month in basically two states, Texas and Arizona.
We have typically visited our friends Tom and Marilyn in Tucson, Arizona for the past several years Posted by MandMWinnie in Winnie Goes Southwest 2016 | Feb 27, 2016
- Adventures in the Life of a Road WarriorFor the Road Warriors, there is always going to be that one, or more, breakdown at a most un-opportune time. We are no exception, especially with a truck that has over 395,000 miles on it.
We left for Death Valley fairly Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Feb 27, 2016
- A Road Trip From Sacramento to Death ValleyI had to be in Sacramento for a FEMA workshop so thought that that it could be made into a road trip. Our thought was to go from Sac thru South Lake Tahoe, having a good lunch at the buffet Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Feb 27, 2016
- Pre Trip StoryMany, many years ago in a place called Carrollton, two couples met at a champagne party. It was the beginning of a friendship that has spanned years, states, children, parents, countries, and much, much more. They began traveling Posted by SouzScott in Eastern Europe 2016 Na zdravi! | Feb 26, 2016
- Guide to Orlando: Planning the Perfect Girls Trip One of my high school friends relocated to Florida and I have been promising a visit. I finally fulfilled my friend duties and I must admit, I am smitten with Orlando! I had to be in the area for work, Posted by WanderEatRun in Wander Eat Run | Feb 26, 2016
- Washington DC and Return to PhillyThe 7th of January came all too quickly and it was with sadness and a heavy heart that we farewelled Hannah and Jamie in the early hours of the morning and Lorraine and John later that morning.
On the up-side, the Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | Feb 22, 2016
- Wolf Watching and Snow shoeing
My lucky number 13 pulled through again for me today in the form of wolf sightings. We had to wake up at 0515, breakfast at 0600 and off to see the wolves by 0645. Cooke Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Jan 12, 2016