- 3rd Oak Park Bird Walk of Autumn!As you may be noticing, I am using nearly all of my birding time this autumn leading Oak Park Bird Walks. It is quite fulfilling and birding with others is always exponentially better than better by oneself.
Today the weather was Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Sep 19, 2015
- 17th September
There's much excitement amongst the ranks today since we are going to visit the home of the King.......we are off to Graceland.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/761731/20150917_ Posted by laughingfish in Laughing Fish | Sep 19, 2015
- Dinner for TwoSince Continental and United Airlines merged, Gary has been flying in and out of San Francisco more than ever. For years, I've been hearing about Ristorante Franchino, a small, family owned and operated Italian restaurant in San Francisco's Little Italy. Posted by MBaker in Freedom in an RV6 | Sep 19, 2015
- Bullets & Burgers with a bit of Cirque!Up just after 6 this morning for a shower and then down to the Starbucks (we are in Tower 1 so just down in the lift and just past reception) for a coffee and pastry before being picked up at Posted by slloyd111 in M&S Travels | Aug 23, 2015
- Las VegasI travel a fair amount, mostly in Europe. I am somewhat embarrassed to say I've probably seen more European cities than popular American ones. I'm not anti-American; After all I was born in NYC and it is still my favorite Posted by teethetrav in Tee the Trav | Sep 18, 2015
- You Suh r in Utah.A three state journey, Nevada through the corner of Arizona to Utah, and a change to Mountain Time (-1 hour). The first thing the sat nav said to us in the morning was 'continue 103 miles', I know the Romans Posted by Gazza Wilson in Deserts, Canyons, Mountains & Leaves | Sep 18, 2015
- Day Twenty Four - SeattleGrey overcast sky covered the city when we approached Seattle. We are booked on a tour of the Boeing Aircraft facility but first we need to clear US Customs and Immigration. After a light breakfast we assemble in Posted by greynomadm in 2015-08 Alaska | Sep 18, 2015
- Cody to Yellowstone.[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/736616/7366561B90AC8299F5B187F1DBB36B6B.jpg Posted by Steveandkeren in Midwest usa | Sep 18, 2015
- Yellowstone to Salt Lake City.Left Yellowstone, raining a lot, only wet weather we have had on the trip, wonderful dark clouds as if a tornado was about to start. Crossed briefly into the state of Idaho well known as the home of the potato. Posted by Steveandkeren in Midwest usa | Sep 18, 2015
- Old and New YorkCaroline
Yesterday began in the Lower East Side at the Tenement Museum, which tells the history of one apartment block that dates from the 1860s. Originally in the heart of 'Kleindeutchland', it then housed Irish and Jewish immigrants and is now Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Sep 18, 2015
- 18th September 2015Today we were up early so that we could head off to the airport. We woke at 7:30am and everyone had a shower to freshen up. We packed our final items and locked our suitcases up. We walked over to Posted by JimmyAndo1 in USA Trip 2015 | Sep 18, 2015
- A Conundrum, Or How to Wine Taste ResponsibilyWe knew there had to be a way to do it. How do you visit wineries, taste their wines, and get back the hotel without endangering yourself or others? And what wineries do you choose? There are so many! The Posted by MBaker in Freedom in an RV6 | Sep 18, 2015
- 17th September 2015Today we were allowed a full sleep in. We decided that we were not going to set an alarm for once during our trip. We woke at 9:30 and slowly got ready for our final day in the US. We Posted by JimmyAndo1 in USA Trip 2015 | Sep 18, 2015
- Oregon City to Russian River, Fort Ross and RedwoodsThe next morning we knew that we had to set off early as our destination was Russian River, California, over 1000km away!
We enjoyed a filling breakfast in the hotel and started on our way around 8.30am. The journey was actually Posted by CC Road Trip in CC Road Trip | Sep 17, 2015
- It Never Rains in CaliforniaYep, it was a rainy day in California. Which made for some gray photos and a damp day. Because his Facebook post was so good, Gary is the guest blogger for the day:
A list of things to do in Posted by MBaker in Freedom in an RV6 | Sep 17, 2015
- Leaving Bainbridge Island, Seattle and down to Oregon CityWe left Bainbridge island the next morning and took the ferry to Seattle. It's only about 25 minutes and it was so cool to see the Seattle skyline as we approached!
[im Posted by CC Road Trip in CC Road Trip | Sep 17, 2015
- Hello USA, Washington State and Bainbridge IslandThe Coho ferry ride was fairly smooth, windy, foggy and sunny - we must have had every kind of weather in the 90 minute journey - no rain though! Just towards the end it was listing from side to side Posted by CC Road Trip in CC Road Trip | Sep 17, 2015
- The Princess and The PeeOne of the least engaging groups of fellow passengers on our Princess tour have been the Texans. We began to get a hint of the fact that our Texan brethren were not desperately liked by their fellow Americans when Posted by OwenGadflies in Go North East, New Retirees | Sep 17, 2015
- 16th September
Nashville is definately the place for night owls. With live music playing in every bar until 3am, nothing in the city opens until 10am in the morning. And that means a lie in!! 😴😴😴
F Posted by laughingfish in Laughing Fish | Sep 17, 2015
- 15th September
The next adventure begins in Atlanta where we board our vehicle and head out towards Lynchburg Tennessee. On our way we leave the state of Georgia and enter Tennessee, then re- enter Georgi Posted by laughingfish in Laughing Fish | Sep 17, 2015
- New York, New YorkSam
We made it out of Union Station in DC without any more shootings, and arrived in New York four hours later.
The subway took us straight to our Brooklyn Airbnb, so we didn't get any real impressions of Manhattan at Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Sep 17, 2015
- 10 Days Before TravelTen days before traveling to Ghana, I am starting to consider all of the planning that has happened over the last year in preparation for the trip:
(1) Making contacts in Ghana (Beatrice and David have been wonderful)
(2) Collaborating with our Posted by DewayneTUL in Travel Journal | Sep 17, 2015
- 16th September 2015Today we were up early, again. Early mornings are quickly becoming our thing! We were out of the door by 8:00am and we walked down to the 'TheBus' stop. This was where we were going to get on and head Posted by JimmyAndo1 in USA Trip 2015 | Sep 17, 2015
- California ear popping.Well a bit like a cold day at the seaside we just dipped our toes into California for a few hours to visit Death Valley. Wasn't sure about visiting Death Valley as it means we will be backtracking on our Posted by Gazza Wilson in Deserts, Canyons, Mountains & Leaves | Sep 16, 2015
- A Much Bigger Plane and WineWe have to be fair. Seattle was a stop for me, the next stop was one for Gary. He wanted to see Howard Hughes' Spruce Goose at the Evergreen Aviation and Space Museum in McMinnville, OR. Who knew it was Posted by MBaker in Freedom in an RV6 | Sep 16, 2015