- Day 15 San FranciscoWell our plans changed today, our bike ride to Sausalito had to be rescheduled, as we needed to board the boat for Alcatraz at 3.20pm. Because we knew we would be bound to a time and were mindful it may Posted by Auggiesfamily in Our Family Holiday | Jan 5, 2014
- Grace in Graceland to steamin' in Cleveland: days 17-19Ok, so the news has broken, and our total number of site hits are up. Some would say bringing a child into the world is an act of love, cynics might prefer to think of it as brilliant marketing ploy. Posted by VRO in On the road | Jan 5, 2014
- two world travelers fall in loveHelen:
Countries visited/lived: Korea, Japan, India, Canada, Mexico, USA (6)
US States visited: WA, OR, CA, ID, NV, UT, AZ, WY, VA, IL (10)
Passport: freshly renewed from Republic of Korea
Countries visited/lived: 35
US States visited: C Posted by helenandpedro in two world travelers | Jan 5, 2014
- New York Day 2So we woke today to blue skies and sub zero temps.
James was still not feeling well but we dragged him our of bed and out of the apartment with the promise of breakfast.
Our local choice for breakfast was deserted at Posted by smenarry in UK.USA 2013.14 | Jan 5, 2014
- KEY WEST FLORIDA, USA
Docked on a rainy day in Key West –tomorrow will be the last day of the Christmas Cruise and new guests will arrive for the cruise through the Panama Canal. Ed and I Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Jan 5, 2014
- Central ParkState of Emergency
We wake up to find a Snow Day has been declared and the local New York children have the day off school. We also hear there has been 6 inches of snow overnight with more to come but Posted by smenarry in UK.USA 2013.14 | Jan 5, 2014
- 2009 A2 NCL GEM - TRANSATLANTIC - LEAVING NEW YORKLEAVING NEW YORK BEHIND I MADE A MISTAKE.
MAKE THAT TWO MISTAKES.
NUMBER ONE - I SAW THEY HAD A SAIL - AWAY SPECIAL IN THE HAIRDRESSERS. A 'SPECIAL' SHAVE.
THIS TOOK ABOUT AN HOUR OR MORE & COST SO MUCH I AM Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 10, 2013
Monsters know how to get into the pantry
even without thumbs
if there is a c Posted by Baronessonthego in Al's Adventures | Jan 4, 2014
- Day 13 Washington DC/San Francisco Today we were spoilt, getting up and going downstairs for a hot breakfast! We woke to a snow covered Washington DC with cold winds and suggestions that if you didn't need to be outdoors, stay inside. It was -7degrees Celsius, Posted by Auggiesfamily in Our Family Holiday | Jan 4, 2014
- Goodbye England, Hello New YorkToday is a travel day.
Up at 4.30 this morning for a 5.30 pick up from the Wilson's, for a one hour drive to the airport and a 9am flight.
Breakfast at Manchester Airport and some free wifi so Facetimed Grandad Max Posted by smenarry in UK.USA 2013.14 | Jan 3, 2014
- 2006 B1 NCL WIND - VANCOUVER TO HAWAIIIT'S SAID THERE IS A FIRST TIME FOR EVERYTHING & FOR MY SECOND CRUISE, THIS IS MY FIRST TIME IN HAWAI.
I WAS HERE MANY YEARS AGO WHEN I WAS HITCH-HIKING ACROSS CANADA.
THIS TIME I AM FLYING IN...
[img=http://photos.travell Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 15, 2013
- 2012 B9 STAR PRINCESS - SAN FRANCISCO===SAN FRANCISCO===
COMING INTO THE BAY UNDER THE BRIDGE SHOULD BE AN EXPERIENCE.
IT PROBABLY IS, BUT NOT SO MUCH AT NIGHT.
AS IT TURNS OUT, I HAD PLENTY OF TIME TO GET S Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Dec 28, 2012
- From Thailand to TolnaOur first out-of-state trip together took us to the tiny town of Tolna in the Great Plains of North Dakota. Although Danielle and her family are from Ventura County, her brother received a football scholarship from Colorado State University. While Posted by mbeymer in Our Story | Jan 2, 2014
- The road trip begins in earnest
Today was the beginning of the proper driving. Yeah, I know we drove a bit from San Fran etc. but those distances were quite short, and they were broken u Posted by VRO in On the road | Jan 2, 2014
- Noo yea 'n N'OrlenAnd so it was I entered the broken world
To trace the visionary company of love, its voice
An instant in the wind (I know not whither hurled)
But not for long to hold each desperate choice.
- "The Broken Tower" by Hart Crane
Leaving Posted by VRO in On the road | Jan 2, 2014
- USA: Alaska: Low wo-Man on the Ketchikan Totem PoleKetchikan was one of our absolute favorite stops on the cruise; it is the southernmost city in Alaska and unfortunately our last stop before entering Canada tomorrow. Oooooh how we hate the feeling of a vacation coming to an Posted by Tony.Ruby in Ruby and Tony - Around the World | May 30, 2013
- USA: Juneau we’re going to see some bald eagles! --- FOODIEWe arrived in Alaska’s capital and were ready for some action today. . .while walking off the ship we immediately spotted a bald eagle perched on a branch with another one flying overhead. It’s amazing what you Posted by Tony.Ruby in Ruby and Tony - Around the World | May 29, 2013
- USA: Skagway, Alaska: Mini Bus Gold Rush One of the great things about cruising is while you’re sleeping the boat is on its way to the next destination. When we opened the curtains today we were greeted with the sight of a large rock wall directly Posted by Tony.Ruby in Ruby and Tony - Around the World | May 28, 2013
- USA: Amazing Day in Glacier Bay with Ruby the Otter Spotter!Another day up bright and early looking for whales, otters and anything else we could see walking around on the mountains. Today we would be entering the beautiful Glacier Bay! There are 8 glaciers in the bay Posted by Tony.Ruby in Ruby and Tony - Around the World | May 27, 2013
- Hawai'i Big IslandReady for camping in Big Island we were quite shocked when Hawaiian Airlines confiscated our camping stove because it’s according to their rules dangerous item which is not allowed on our flight even in checked luggage. This fact with combination Posted by roman.cibulka in Trav The Traveller | Jan 2, 2014
- KauaiKauai is the oldest of all Hawaii’s islands and probably the greenest and most laid back – specially its Northern part. The capital has got around 9000 inhabitants and there are few roads around the island which gives you access Posted by roman.cibulka in Trav The Traveller | Jan 2, 2014
- Oahu[float=right][/float]And it’s here. We are officially two again. Orlik was returned home to his family and we packed our backpacks and took a flight to Honolulu. The first thing we did Posted by roman.cibulka in Trav The Traveller | Jan 2, 2014
- Happy New Year from The Soggy Dog
Hello again and Happy 2014!
After thirteen hours of terrestrial cruising from Catskill, NY to Wrightsville Beach, NC (gd bless the comfort Posted by Soggy Dog in Soggy Dog Blog | Jan 2, 2014
- Day 12 NYC/Washington DC[center][/center]
I am checking in to start writing this morning as I wanted to share with you the pretty view that we woke to - snow! See photos above, not too much tha Posted by Auggiesfamily in Our Family Holiday | Jan 2, 2014
- Heading OutIt's finally here. Tomorrow, I board a plane that will take me on my next great adventure. I can't tell if I'm excited, nervous, or just ready for my 4 flights to be over with. Here's a quick reminder on Posted by WorldRun in Getting Started | Jan 1, 2014