- Week Recap & 1st Oak Park Bird Walk of Spring!This week has been a busy one for me...preparing for a piano exam, studying for the AP psych test...I have to say I can't wait until summer's here when I don't have to worry about school!
On Thursday while waiting for Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Apr 16, 2016
- The next big adventure...So... here we go again! It's almost time to depart on our next big adventure - Greece and more (Amsterdam and Istanbul). Once again our trip to one country has grown to three, but hey, that seems to be our Posted by WishYouWereHere in (You) Wish You Were Here | Apr 15, 2016
- Why we love the road trip......because you may not see this at home - a sly swipe on the ubiquitous "Baby on Board" signs?
[b]And chances are, you won't see two identical white Maseratis, Posted by millerburr in Leaving Ourselves Behind | Apr 15, 2016
- Erster Tag New York CityNach einer recht langen Anreise von München über Paris nach NYC haben wir heute die Zeit genutzt die Stadt zu erkunden - naja zumindest einen Teil davon. Angefangen haben wir mit einem Spaziergang vom Times Square über das Rockefeller Center, Posted by AngieAndMichi in Angie and Michael on tour | Apr 15, 2016
- Last Trip into Death ValleyThe plan was to return to Death Valley, with our daughter-in-law and grandkids in tow, look at wildflowers and then tow our RV back home.
We finally picked up our truck and returned to Death Valley on Tuesday. It was dark, Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Apr 13, 2016
- Through the Golden GateWe sailed into San Francisco Bay, under the Golden Gate Bridge, on a cool, misty morning. To set ourselves up for our short stay we took a bus tour around the major tourist hotspots. After lunch back Posted by mkali54 in On the way to San Francisco | Apr 13, 2016
- Gwyneth Paltrow, Emily, and MeGwyneth Paltrow, Emily, and Me
A trick I use when I create a fictional character is to visual who would portray them in the movie. It helps me to write when I can visualize the character; it gives them life, and Posted by teethetrav in Tee the Trav | Apr 13, 2016
- Spring Oak Park Bird Walks start this Saturday!You are all invited to this spring's seasons of Oak Park Bird Walks ([[https://sites.google.com/site/opbirdwalks/]]), led by yours truly! Reserve a spot by emailing me at: trumpetswan (@) comcast.net
The first walk is on this Saturday and still has sev Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Apr 10, 2016
- Donuts and Mary Todd Lincoln HouseAs per usual I am trying to delay the return of the working life as long as possible. Surely there is plenty of time to fit in donuts and the Mary Todd Lincoln house before we return home!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/175163/large_NOrth_Lime.. Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Mar 28, 2016
- Kentucky Horse Park
A late morning egg hunt starts our Easter out right and we were lucky that the Kentucky Horse Park stays open on this holiday. Even luckier still not many other people come th Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Mar 27, 2016
- Joshua Tree & San Diego
Named for the famous kinky Joshua Trees that punctuate 8000 acres of rugged, rocky, desert landscape, JT National Park is a huge protected area just a few hours drive east from the spr Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Apr 9, 2016
- Keeneland Race Track, Bourbon and Unique Horse Farm Tour
In order to see the horses doing their work outs in the morning you have to get to Keeneland Race track early. We were signed up for the 8:30, $8 tour of the track and for Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Mar 25, 2016
- Pine Warbler!Hello birding friends,
Yesterday I drove with my dad to my friend Jill Anderson's backyard where she had recently reported a photogenic male Pine Warbler, a beautiful warbler species of early spring migration.
I soon found him, but didn't get a good Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Apr 9, 2016
- Confusion in the Copper Canyon [center][b]I've read about the Copper Canyon for years - magnificent, wild, massive - it makes the Grand Canyon look like a rock cut (it is four times the size). This is one of Mexico's natural treasures you really have to Posted by millerburr in Leaving Ourselves Behind | Apr 9, 2016
- Visiting SnoopyAl went to Santa Rosa
the Charles Schultz museum
He started out
Warm Puppy Cafe
[img=http://photos. Posted by Baronessonthego in Al's Adventures | Apr 9, 2016
- Preparation and trepidation First entry in our blog🙂
Well 4 weeks today we set off on our road trip. It's a once in a lifetime trip to celebrate the birth and milestone event - Copies 50th!!🎉🍺😎
And what better way to do it on a Posted by Cope in Copes Road Trip🏍 | Apr 9, 2016
Thanks to the legends Tom & Emma for being such gracious hosts! We cruised the length of Venice Beach and Santa Monica. This stretch of coast has a real buzz about it and we had fun soak Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Apr 8, 2016
- Driving Around Lake TahoeAl took a trip
with his van
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/497240/IMG_ Posted by Baronessonthego in Al's Adventures | Apr 7, 2016
- Spring Birds & BloomsHello birding friends,
A bit of birding and photography around my neighborhood on this beautiful 70-degree day (as opposed to 32 degrees and snowy yesterday!) yielded some nice finds, the best of which were 4 different Hawks - 2 COOPER'S, one Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Apr 3, 2016
- The Life of a Princess[i][center]"The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, 'Abba, Father.' The Spirit himself testifies with our Posted by graciouslove in Royal Living | Apr 2, 2016
- Parkett Drive-In and Blue Stallion Brewery
A three hour drive from Clarksville takes us on the Bluegrass Highway to Lexington, Kentucky - the horse capital of the world. Instead of going straight for the horses we Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Mar 24, 2016
- 1 Month Until Migration Madness!Hello birding friends,
Today the month of April started on a rainy note. I; however, managed to get some birding in earlier this week as well as between rain showers today. April showers bring May flowers...and warblers, as we only have Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Apr 1, 2016
- DAY 0 SFO IN SFO - WednesdayThe jet lag thing has almost disappeared. Woke up joyously only a few minutes before six. It was going to be a no nothing kind of day so I thought. Michael was going off to work and Posted by lukskytest in Queen Elizabeth 2016 Trip | Mar 31, 2016
- Let the Adventure Begin!All, we are putting the final items into our bags and we will update the blog once we reach Singapore.
Have a GREAT day!
Gerald and Michael Posted by lukskytest in Queen Elizabeth 2016 Trip | Mar 30, 2016
- Morton ArboretumYesterday (Tuesday, March 29), my family and I made a trip out to the Morton Arboretum in nearby DuPage County. First, we headed to the Lake Marmo and Hemlock/Spruce Hill area on the west side where the birding was pretty Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Mar 30, 2016