- Day 50Friends, we made it back home tonight. Aeroflot flight was late as usual, we missed connected flight, but made it home. All tired and will be ready to meet everyone in a day or so! Posted by thezims in Russia | Aug 6, 2014
- Mahalo Hawaii!And here we are again, time to say good-bye to Hawaii! I had a wonderful time and am now super-relaxed to continue my travels to...JAPAN!!!
But first things first, here's a little summary of my Hawaiian favorites:
[b]My AirBnB hosts & new Posted by AndreaLed in Andrea's Trip Around the World | Aug 6, 2014
- Pre-travel worriesToday was a good day! My dad stayed the night to check out our new home, we prepared a wonderful African dinner (fufu & meat stew) for my dad to enjoy, and I got my mini donut maker to finally Posted by GiseleTravels in Gisele's Trip to Europe | Aug 5, 2014
- In the words of John Denver, "Rocky Top Tennessee"As the pathetic middle child, my parents still extend me an invitation on their family vacations, and I, with my five weeks of paid time off, gladly accept any invitation handed to me. For over a decade, my dad has Posted by lsto90 in Get Out of Town | Aug 5, 2014
- Farewell to SeattleWe had a fun filled last week and weekend in Seattle. We had the opportunity to stay at a friend's beach house at Ocean Shores, about 3 hours drive south. Not quite like our beaches, it was covered in Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Aug 5, 2014
- Day 5: Silver Creek Nature PreserveToday my mom drove me to the nearby Silver Creek Nature Preserve so that I could find a nest of Long-eared Owls, which would be an awesome lifer for me if I found them. Read on to see if I Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Aug 5, 2014
- And I am off!
Hey guys, it's me, Paul! I have decided to travel throughout southeast Asia over the next 5 weeks. Upon popular demand, I will try to write a blog and update you on all the very stupid things I do. The Posted by PaulGrieve in southeast Asia | Aug 5, 2014
- Getting back to nature in MichiganThursday 19 June
This morning we drove through a farming area as we made our way to the US border. It was great to see that wind farms and solar have been embraced in this area of Canada.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/652153/DSC_052 Posted by liz.d in Our US & Canada Road Trip | Aug 4, 2014
- Day 4: Another great day of birding in the mountains!Today was another day spent in the vicinity of the beautiful mountain village of Ketchum in central Idaho. The scenery out here is just fantastic; the village and surrounding areas have ridges of large bluffs covered in sagebrush and juniper Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Aug 4, 2014
- USA 2014 / Part II[img=ht Posted by Anahera in Sarah is traveling the world... | Aug 4, 2014
- Pagosa SpringsWe had a lazy morning. Dad and Tim went out to cut a couple of trees down as they were blocking the view from the balcony. Cindy took Jane, mum, Jemma and I on a walk around their 22 acre Posted by avoca in 12th World Rogaining Championships | Aug 3, 2014
- Moab to Pagosa SpringsWe got up at dawn and drove down the road to the place we had to meet the ballooning company. There were 16 people in our group including us. Dave, one of staff, drove us to the point where the Posted by avoca in 12th World Rogaining Championships | Aug 2, 2014
- 4WD in MoabThe rain had cleared and the sun was out in force again. We went for breakfast at a café called Peace Tree, but the food was average. We had decided we would hire a UTV (ultra-terrain-vehicle) and go 4WD up Posted by avoca in 12th World Rogaining Championships | Aug 1, 2014
- Grand Canyon to MoabWe woke very early as we wanted to see the sunrise over the Canyon. We drove to the Rim Trail which is a good lookout point but we wanted to go to Yaki Point is has an even better view Posted by avoca in 12th World Rogaining Championships | Jul 31, 2014
- Grand CanyonWe woke early and got our hiking gear ready, then drove to the Grand Canyon Village. We were greeted by pine forests and even some elk! We brought a Park entrance ticket then parked at the Village. We went into Posted by avoca in 12th World Rogaining Championships | Jul 30, 2014
- Whitewater rafting on the OcoeeA little over a year ago, I had the chance to cross whitewater rafting off my bucket list. With a carload of friends and family, we ventured to middle Tennessee and rented a cabin for the weekend.
There Posted by tammy_b in Our next great adventure... | Aug 3, 2014
- Day 3 in IdahoToday I birded on my bike in my morning and therefore covered more ground and saw more species.
I started off my bike ride by heading towards the roost of Lewis' Woodpeckers I had found yesterday. It will chilly, around 50 Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Aug 3, 2014
- Vroom VroomI
I LOVE a construction site.
I want to come back in another life as a civil engineer and build bridges, - that is after I have another live as Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Aug 2, 2014
- Day 2: First Full Day in Idaho!Today was my first full day spent in the beautiful mountainous country near Sun Valley, Idaho, this year.
I went birding in the morning. There is a convenient trail that is very productive for birding that leads basically from the backyard Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Aug 2, 2014
- My BB Teresa!As a team we had a photo shoot for the Fall edition of the Anchora. We drove to a little park off Town street with our Anchora editor and found some beautiful places around the park to take our head Posted by CDCHannah in My Year on the Road | Jul 16, 2014
- Moving into the Martin CenterYesterday was my "big move" all the way to Upper Arlington, Ohio to live in DG's Executive Office. Although my travel to get here was only a 15 minute drive, this is still huge because all of my fellow CDCs Posted by CDCHannah in My Year on the Road | Jul 16, 2014
- Successfully [over]Packing for a Semester on the RoadI discovered the first challenge of being a Collegiate Development Consultant has nothing to do with learning material or leading collegians, but instead packing a suitcase under the 50 pound limit while having enough clothes to last through my travels. Posted by CDCHannah in My Year on the Road | Jul 14, 2014
- Vegas - Grand CanyonWoke up late again and basically followed the same procedure as yesterday though dad went to the gym this time. The temperature was once again boiling. We swam in the pool before going back up to our room to pack Posted by avoca in 12th World Rogaining Championships | Jul 29, 2014
- How-To Overhaul: Scope Out the Temp. Digs and Pre-Flight Day[quote]"The only thing to be said for air travel is speed. It makes possible travel on a scale unimaginable before our present age. Between the ages of 20 and four-score I visited every country in Europe, all save two in Posted by Kacey's Travels in Kacey's Travels | Aug 1, 2014
- Day 1: Travel Day to IdahoHello everybody,
This will be a relatively short post with no photos as I am very tired from a LONG travel day and didn't have any chances to properly go birding.
My dad drove my mom, Pearl, and I to Chicago Midway Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Aug 1, 2014