- Grandkid Travel in AlaskaAfter about 4 delays, and 1-1/2 hours our plane took off. Kids had been jumping up and down and were ready to get on any plane to anywhere.
We got seated and the plane started the take-off process. The plane Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 28, 2016
- Six Flags Discovery KindomRoller Coaster und Tiere
[img=http://photos.travellerspo Posted by corth in Travel Chicago-San Francisco | Jul 28, 2016
- Collins 5Monday we drove down to Loveland, CO to visit our friends Mickey and Billie Kilgore. We stayed with them 3 days and had a fantastic time. Wed. we drove up to Rocky Mt National Park. It was Posted by 4adventure in Colorado 2016 | Jul 28, 2016
- Radiosilence and the salvationA few days have passed in which we did not feel the need to update this blog. I won't explain in detail, but let's say that we've made a mistake and needed the days to try to salvage the problem. Posted by DutchiesAbroad in Roadtrip USA 2016 | Jul 27, 2016
- Day 8 Puyallup - Mt Ranier - SeattleWhat an amazing day today. We left our hotel early and drove to Greenwater and then into Mather Memorial Parkway. We continued through this amazing park to Tipsoo Lake where we took some great photos. The photos speak for themselves.
We Posted by PSNUSA2016 in PSN USA Trip 2016 | Jul 27, 2016
- Minnesota Pre-AdventureHello everyone and welcome to my first blog entry, covering what I like to call my 'pre-adventure', which really means the week and a half vacation at the family cottage in Minnesota. (AKA my favourite place on earth). I've been Posted by elliehirch in Travel, She Wrote | Jul 27, 2016
- Day 7 Portland - PuyallupPortland is such a clean pretty city. The area we stayed was on the Williamette River and the is lots of activities for the kids. The surrounding streets had other attractions as well.
The drive was pretty uneventful today to Posted by PSNUSA2016 in PSN USA Trip 2016 | Jul 26, 2016
- ChicagoOur week in Chicago has been fun filled with Rick showing us the delights of the suburbs and Nancy & George the highlights of downtown Chicago.
We started our visit in Illinois with a local baseball game which was fun to Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Jul 26, 2016
- Santa Barbara by Day and SunsetMorgens besuchten wir den Gottesdienst in der Missionskirche Santa Barbara. Hier spürt man noch die Anfänge des Christentums in Californien.
[img=http://photos.travelle Posted by corth in Travel Chicago-San Francisco | Jul 24, 2016
- Day 6 Coos Bay - PortlandAfter a lovely evening spent with Bill and Sharon they sent up off with a hearty breakfast and some fond memories.
We decided not to do the coastal drive today but to head for Portland directly. We saved 2 hours not Posted by PSNUSA2016 in PSN USA Trip 2016 | Jul 25, 2016
- Day 5 Crescent City - Coos BayWe left Crescent City and had a pleasant drive along the coast and then through the windy roads of the forests. We arrived in Coos Bay and check in was not until 4pm. We finally made contact with Jeff's friend Posted by PSNUSA2016 in PSN USA Trip 2016 | Jul 25, 2016
- Surprise Utah Birding!Today I missed my connecting flight to Idaho, so I was stranded in Salt Lake City for 8 hours. My solution: go birding!
After a quick taxi ride, I arrived at my destination for the afternoon, Bountiful Pond which is a Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 25, 2016
- Tierwelt am Highway #1Santa Barbara nach Monterey mit einer überraschenden Tierart
Posted by corth in Travel Chicago-San Francisco | Jul 25, 2016
- Alaska BoundWe were concerned about security lines, we have Global Entry but didn’t know if it would extend to the kids. We decided we’d leave really early so that 1. We could avoid traffic, 2. We’d make it to our plane Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 25, 2016
- Olympic Peninsula: Day 4Before taking an overnight flight back home to Chicago, my dad and I had one last day on the Olympic Peninsula, which we spent on a whale-watching boat tour in the Strait of Juan de Fuca! Apart from the obvious, Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 25, 2016
- Olympic Peninsula: Day 3On Saturday, July 16, birding guide Scott Atkinson gave my dad and I a fantastic full-day birding tour of the north Olympic Peninsula, in search of specific target birds I needed for my life list. Scott turned out to be Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 23, 2016
- Day 4 Fort Bragg - Fortuna - Crescent BayOn the way out of Fort Bragg stopped at glass beach. Disappointed in the lack of glass on the beach compared with the internet pics. Never mind it was a beautiful spot.
Awesome drive along the coastline and then inland through Posted by PSNUSA2016 in PSN USA Trip 2016 | Jul 23, 2016
- Santa BarbaraVon Big Bear Lake über die Straße "Rim of the World" (bedeutet immer am Abhang entlang) runter nach San Bernardino und quer durch Los Angeles auf der 101 nach Santa Barbara. Die Leute flüchten vor der Hitze in den Städte Posted by corth in Travel Chicago-San Francisco | Jul 23, 2016
- Yosemite’s majestic mountainsWe can call ourselves really lucky: a couple of days earlier when it was obvious when we’d be getting to San Francisco and then to Yosemite I was lucky to get a reservation for a single night at Crane Flat Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Jul 23, 2016
- Alaska With Younger GrandkidsLast year we decided that it would be good to take the “3 littles”, our younger 3 grandkids, to Alaska. The trip seemed like a long time away, especially since we’ve been on the road so much, and bought the Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 23, 2016
- Olympic Peninsula: Day 2On Friday, July 15, my dad and I traveled around the Olympic Peninsula to hike & go birding.
Our morning destination was a drive-up mountain peak on the east side of the Olympics called Mt. Walker, where my target birds were Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 23, 2016
- Day 3 San Francisco - Napa - Bodega Bay - Fort BraggToday the adventure really began. We picked up the hire car and headed for the Golden Gate Bridge. We connected the GPS which was fun as it was in Spanish and we had to ring the Roadside Assistance to get Posted by PSNUSA2016 in PSN USA Trip 2016 | Jul 22, 2016
- Durch die Mojave Wüste bis zum Big Bear LakeWir sind heute von Laughlin 230 Meilen bis zum Big Bear Lake gefahren, teilweise auf der Route 66. In der Wüste hatten wir Temperaturen bis zu 44 Grad, am Big Bear Lake auf 2000m Höhe zum Glück nur 32 Grad.
Die Posted by corth in Travel Chicago-San Francisco | Jul 22, 2016
- Another Weekend, Another BirthdayWe had to get back to Ft Bidwell for another birthday party, this time for our older granddaughter, her 16th. The birthday party was scheduled for Sunday and, of course, I was to bake the cake. A music festival was Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 22, 2016
- Cable Cars and Bridges in the Bay AreaWhen heading from the coast in Half-Moon-Bay towards Los Altos, we passed a nice forest and a very scenic lake. We only realized a bit later that the scenic lake was in fact the San Andreas fault – another reminder Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Jul 22, 2016