- A Weekend at City of Rocks This weekend, eight birding friends and I went on a 2-night trip to the City of Rocks National Preserve and surrounding areas in southern Idaho (and a bit in far-northern Utah). We saw many, many birds, so read on!
My friend Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Aug 14, 2016
- Mammoth Cave National Park
Technically the trip started on 11 August but that was after a day of work and all we did was drive the RV to Diamond Cave Resort and RV Park and have a little dinner on the Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Aug 14, 2016
- The National Parks around MoabWe had a full day’s worth of activities in front of us and consequently started earlier than usual. The first place on our list was the scenic drive in Capitol Reef National Park, the least visited of Utah’s five national Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Aug 13, 2016
- One Last Day in AlaskaThe rain returned in the night and rained thru noon on Wed. Kids went out for a few minutes with rain jackets on only to return to the RV cold. No hike was possible.
We had reserved our site thru Wed Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Aug 13, 2016
- Day 24 Duluth - Sauk CentreAfter a good nights rest we left the Casino and headed back to Duluth so we could go and look at Gooseberry Falls. Stunning.
We all walked to the top along the walkways, steps and paths. Hurt doing it but it Posted by PSNUSA2016 in PSN USA Trip 2016 | Aug 13, 2016
- Day 23 Sauk Centre - DuluthWe left Sauk Centre around 8am and drove to Lake Superior in Duluth. We had lunch at an English pub called Sir Benedicts, it was just opposite Lake Superior. Beautiful spot.
We booked a tour to Glensheen Mansion for 4 Glensheen Posted by PSNUSA2016 in PSN USA Trip 2016 | Aug 13, 2016
- Day 22 Sauk CentreEasy day today, off to Studio 71 to have our nails done. Happy with results.
Then went met Peter and Sheila for lunch at Palmer House. After that we went back to Sheila's where Carol taught us a new card game Posted by PSNUSA2016 in PSN USA Trip 2016 | Aug 13, 2016
- Day 21 Minneapolis - Sauk CentreAt 9 am went across the road to the Hobby Lobby (a home decor and craft shop). Then off to the Mall of America again to buy Carmen's Nike's.
We then left Minneapolis to drive to Sauk Centre via Richmond where Posted by PSNUSA2016 in PSN USA Trip 2016 | Aug 13, 2016
- Day 20 MinneapolisOff to the Mall of America with cousins. Nikki went off on her own and I went in search of the Nikes for Carmen. Found a different style and I need to send a pic to her to confirm.
After shopping Posted by PSNUSA2016 in PSN USA Trip 2016 | Aug 13, 2016
- NYC - Day 4 - Food and FarewellsToday we took the subway to Greenwich Village for a walking food tour. It was a nice change from the skyscrapers and crowds of Manhattan.
We started at Joe's Pizza with a cheese pizza made with fresh ingredients.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoin Posted by tammy_b in Our next great adventure... | Aug 13, 2016
- NYC - Day 3 - Iconic SitesToday we went to the Rockefeller Center for views of the skyline. There was also a little time to explore, people-watch, and have lunch. Nothing fancy for me, just a hot dog from one of the world-famous hot-dog Posted by tammy_b in Our next great adventure... | Aug 13, 2016
- NYC - Day 2 - Art and CultureToday, I got my first taste of the subway system which we took to get to the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
The museum was incredible and much too big for one trip Posted by tammy_b in Our next great adventure... | Aug 13, 2016
- NYC - Day 1 - Getting Acquainted with the CityFor this trip, I decided to try something new. I wanted to take a fabulous trip without doing all the work so I booked a tour with an all women's travel group called Sights and Soul Travel. I Posted by tammy_b in Our next great adventure... | Aug 13, 2016
- Balboa Community and Bureacratic BullshitThis update was provided by Koen, as Gemma got frustrated after her carefully typed up draft somehow got lost (ugh technology).
Sunday, day 26: In the morning when we were gonna get our groceries, Steve, our gracious host, provided us with Posted by DutchiesAbroad in Roadtrip USA 2016 | Aug 12, 2016
- 5. Van appreciation day plus the Tabasco factoryThursday 11th
We've got an early start today, we're travelling from New Orleans to our first campsite near Houston, Texas - on the itinerary that Kelsey (our group leader) gave us it's pleasantly called van appreciation day!!! We're travelling 420 Posted by cazbatt in American Adventures | Aug 12, 2016
- 4 - Exploring New Orleans and visiting the Cemetery Wednesday 10th
I had to check out of Aloft Hotel this morning as I'm moving to the hotel to meet my travelling group later this afternoon. Thankfully I could leave my bags at aloft while I went out for the Posted by cazbatt in American Adventures | Aug 12, 2016
- 3 - Visiting the sugar plantations Tuesday 9 August
I was up bright and breezy this morning before 6 am but had had over 7 1/2 hours sleep, the bed in my hotel is sooooooo comfortable, a bit like sleeping on a giant marshmallow. My exploration today Posted by cazbatt in American Adventures | Aug 12, 2016
- 2 - Part 2 of my journey to New Orleans Monday 9th august (I think)
Checking my bags in was easy and for some reason they gave me a speedy security check pass so I didn't have to queue with everyone else - woop woop!
I'd got a few hours Posted by cazbatt in American Adventures | Aug 12, 2016
- 1. - The start of my American adventuresIt's time for another adventure - hooray!!
This one isn't quite as epic as my last four month round the world adventure last but still pretty exciting and I'm hoping the trip - a road trip / mainly camping trip Posted by cazbatt in American Adventures | Aug 12, 2016
- Titus LakeToday my mom and I hiked the Titus Lake trail in the Smoky Mountains of central Idaho.
The views from the trail were stunning, especially the view of the massive Boulder Range on the other side of the valley:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/631 Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Aug 11, 2016
- And so it beginsMany, many years ago, much more than I care to admit, I dreamed of going to England, France....Greece. Finally, the time has come. The planning has started, reservations have been made and travel guides are being read. My dad was Posted by jughead53 in The Rising Adventure | Aug 11, 2016
- Flying homeTime to travel back home. Even though New York is one of my favorite cities I do get enough of it after one week. Maybe it’s the constant noise of traffic? Or the crowded people on the streets? I don’t Posted by bejjan in New York | Jul 4, 2016
- Chillin’Last day in New York. We really had nothing planned for today but to chill. We took the metro to Central Park and generally discussed what we had experienced during the week.
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/799557/20160703_111105. Posted by bejjan in New York | Jul 3, 2016
- Coney IslandWoke up to a much more comfortable New York today. Although it was warm the sultry air was gone. They had forecasted super nice weather today, so what better to do than a trip to Coney Island?
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/79955 Posted by bejjan in New York | Jul 2, 2016
- From death trap to tourist trapAs soon as we stepped outside of the hotel it was like hitting a wall of muggy air. Now it was extreme! But the weather reports told about a hefty thunderstorm later on today, thank God!
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/799557/20160701_1 Posted by bejjan in New York | Jul 1, 2016