- Cruise!After seeing "Home Alone" (soundtrack courtesy of the CSO) at Symohony Center (see photo of my sister below), my family and I will be flying down to Florida tonight for a morning of birding tomorrow and then a Caribbean cruise Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 13, 2015
- New York and Pennsylvania: Hedwig and the Angry Inch
1/23/15 at 4:47 PM (Pennsylvania time)
I'm in the air with only about an hour to go before touching down in one of my favorite states. This trip stemmed from John Cameron Mitc Posted by WanderingWorld in Enjoying the Banquet | Jul 12, 2015
- Arriving at Denali Base CampAfter we landed at Denali's Private Airport we got a ride to Denali's Base Camp, we set in for the night to begin our climb to the summit in the morning. The Hardest part of this Journey will be compensating Posted by korey_she in 7 Summits | Dec 11, 2015
- StartFlying with Alaska Airlines I depart from Denver International Airport to Kantishna Airport. Kantishna Airport is a private airport for Mount Denali. International Flights do not fly into here so I had to be overlaid in Anchorage and then Posted by korey_she in 7 Summits | Dec 11, 2015
- BackgroundOne of the great benefits of working for Intel is an 8 week paid sabbatical after each 7 years of service. At just past 21 years this will be my third.
Last time Laura and I went on a cruise Posted by steved64 in Intel Sabbatical #3 | Jun 4, 2015
- Chamberlin Observatory As I begin my tour of the some of the world's more personalized places. My trip will be centrally focused on major religious sites, as well as places that hold strong meaning in the Posted by Nesawf in Cognitive Distinction | Dec 9, 2015
- The Grand Canyon
On Sunday we went in a helicopter and I got to sit in the front next to the pilot and I was the co-pilot. Posted by Walsh Family in Visiting the USA | Dec 7, 2015
- Let the Shenanigans Begin: Girls Weekend Asheville!When Matt told me he was going on a duck hunting trip with the guys in November, I knew it was time to plan a girls’ weekend. Travel in our household must be fair and equitable. It was necessary to Posted by vicki_h in . | Dec 8, 2015
- Space needle, Seattle, WashingtonMay 24, 2009
I left Denver to Washington. When I arrived, I already knew where I was headed to. I took a taxi to the Space needle in Seattle. It was such a beautiful place. The tower (Space Needle tower) was Posted by pkohlman97 in Paige's Travels | Dec 8, 2015
- Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas Black Friday, as it's known here, is a good day for us to stay out of the big stores. It's a day when bargains are possible, but the crowds are even more mental than usual, so given that most of Posted by AndiNZ in New York State of Mind | Dec 7, 2015
- Visiting Las VegasLas Vegas is a city built in the middle of a desert. Driving takes about 4 hours from Los Angelas on motorways that get up to 6 lanes each way, that is 12 lanes wide. it can be Posted by Walsh Family in Visiting the USA | Dec 5, 2015
- DisneylandYes, everything seems soooo much bigger here. This cookie is about 40 cm across.
The beach is really wide, more than t Posted by Walsh Family in Visiting the USA | Dec 3, 2015
- Troy to the WorldTroy, New York, the birthplace of the detachable collar industry, it's historic architecture is the perfect backdrop for the annual Victorian Stroll. Street performers, vendors selling their wares, music, food and the beautiful weather brought us Posted by Linda Fluckiger in Living a Dream | Dec 6, 2015
- Thanksgiving with Bya and BobAfter letting our heads rest on the pillow for a few hours we were up and ready to celebrate Thanksgiving. We had a lovely invitation from Bya (Denis's AFS host sister) and her husband Bob to join with family and Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | Dec 6, 2015
- We're Gonna Have A Little Show ParadeThursday morning, Thanksgiving, which is always celebrated on the last Thursday of November. Most stores/attractions are closed, but Black Friday shopping starts as early as this evening. The whole thing can get a bit crazy though, so a good time Posted by AndiNZ in New York State of Mind | Dec 6, 2015
- Everglades Ho!!!!We have been so incredibly busy and seen so many new things this week!!!
We were lucky enough to visit Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge and take a 3-hour guided tour through the refuge, I will let the photos speak for Posted by beckistewart1 in Stewart, Dean and Kint | Dec 6, 2015
- Casinos, cliffs and the mighty Colorado river.
It's mad to think it, but our first leg in North America is very nearly over. We've covered British Columbia, driven all the way down from Vancouver to Los Angeles Posted by CunninghamScott in Great Scott! It's an American adventure | Dec 5, 2015
- Flying Air China
When we made the final decision to go to Bali for our Honeymoon, we used our normal Expedia search Posted by BreShepard08 in BaliMoon | Dec 4, 2015
- Trip to Charleston & Savannah==Plantations==
Charleston and Savannah are two "historical" cities in the US. They both have several historical sites and beautiful plantations. Two representative plantations near Charleston are [[https://www.middletonplace.org/|Middleton Plac Posted by m5wan in On the Road / Enjoy the Food | Dec 3, 2015
- Four Give Thanks
Holiday season is upon us which seems to be the general term for the time from
Thanksgiving on the last Thursday of November to new year. Christmas decorations are up and some Christmas trees are so large that they obscure Posted by Roadtrippingusa in Four go off on a road-tripping adventure | Dec 3, 2015
- Anaheim, CaliforniaWe arrived yesterday and after settling into our hotel room we went for a walk to Downtown Disney, this is an area between Disneyland and the Disney Adventure Park. It is full of shops and food outlets and very Disney Posted by Walsh Family in Visiting the USA | Dec 2, 2015
- Gillson Park LakewatchThis past Sunday afternoon, my friend Isoo an I met up in Gillson Park on the Lake Michigan shoreline of Wilmette (north of Chicago) to watch migrating waterfowl, gulls, and possibly other water birds. Although the diversity of the birds Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 2, 2015
- Four Down SouthOur campsite on Hunting Island was in amongst the pine trees a pine cone's throw from the beach, which stretched for miles in both directions. We spent the morning playing on the beach then strolled towards the distant lighthouse, the Posted by Roadtrippingusa in Four go off on a road-tripping adventure | Dec 1, 2015
- Goodnight SaigonThe USS Intrepid: the fourth ship to carry the name, an Essex-Class aircraft carrier that had a crew of almost 3,000 men, and saw action in the Atlantic and Pacific during World War Two, and during the Vietnam War. She Posted by AndiNZ in New York State of Mind | Dec 1, 2015
- Say Goodbye to Hollywood Bit of a slow start Tuesday, we slept in. It was all good though, Sasha had gone to work, and we have very few time commitments this trip.
Instead of Intrepid, we decided to see the Star Wars costume exhibition Posted by AndiNZ in New York State of Mind | Nov 30, 2015