- OklahomaToday was a good day. We went to the Chickasaw Culture Center. They had an exhibit of hand dug canoes with Indian relics. Very interesting.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/7 Posted by gadget506 in Our trip of a lifetime | Apr 30, 2015
- Getting Here Was Half the FunI didn't know until I looked at the map that you could go from Delaware into the Virginia mainland on a [[http://www.cbbt.com/|bridge over the Chesapeake Bay]].
I didn't know until I actually drove it that there are three different sections of Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Apr 30, 2015
- Our Day with SandyAloha Wednesday!
We spent today with Sandy Park who picked us up about 8 a.m. We headed over to the swapmeet which was just opening up. It rained a bit while we walked around but it soon passed and Posted by toursbym in Tours by Margaret | Apr 29, 2015
- Trip Prep2 days until we leave and we are completing our tasks, making our final lists (that's me you know), and will be packing tomorrow. We have so many people to thank for loaning us stuff (Garlands); taking care of Posted by SouzScott in Southwest USA Trip 2015 | Apr 29, 2015
- Thatcher Woods WalkTaking advantage of my late-start Wednesday today (school starting at 9:45am), I decided to take a walk in the nearby Thatcher Woods Forest Preserve with Ellen and Dave H.
Before I give the trip report on our walk, however, here are Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Apr 29, 2015
- What's at the end of every Hawaiian rainbow?Aloha Tuesday!
Greetings after a food filled day on Oahu. Today was our food tour on the North Shore. Our guides this time were Robin (he used to be chef at Nabu, now does this for a living) and Posted by toursbym in Tours by Margaret | Apr 28, 2015
- Practice RideYesterday on our day off, we did a practice bike ride. On our trip, we are doing a bike tour in the Netherlands. On the tour, we will be riding for three days. One day, we will Posted by Acw415 in Jeremy & Ashley Travel Europe | Apr 28, 2015
- Catching up [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/737439/90_ADB096100144FC1F77057A4C95EB818 Posted by railea1 in Italy By Choice (IBC) | Apr 28, 2015
- Day Ten and ElevenDay 10 begins with a surprisingly early wake up (considering our night of drinking). Zero hangovers in situ. We pack up and gladly hit the road as it’s balls cold and pouring rain in Denver. Unfortunately for us the rain Posted by scott-us-rt2015 in USA Road Trip 2015 | Apr 28, 2015
- Chessie the long-distance swimming manateeYou may have heard about Chessie the famous “long distance manatee” in the news. If you don’t know what a manatee is, you can go to our manatee film script and read about them. Chessie is a male West Indian Posted by riverventures in River Ventures | Apr 28, 2015
- A Busy DayAloha from Oahu.
The trade winds are back!! Finally it has cooled off! It rained overnight and the trade winds kicked in and now you can breath. Today it was 80 with no humidity. We had a busy Posted by toursbym in Tours by Margaret | Apr 28, 2015
- Visit to KailuaAloha from Oahu.
Today was Sunday in Hawaii and we started out early....we went to 8 a.m. mass at St. Anthony Church in Kailua. We got there early and waited in the car a bit before going in. We Posted by toursbym in Tours by Margaret | Apr 26, 2015
- A Week of Early Spring MigrantsA bit of intermittent birding this week in mid April yielded some classic early spring migrants, the best unpictured bird being a FIELD SPARROW, the first record of that species for my yard.
As previously mentioned, the highlight of my week Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Apr 26, 2015
- Onward to Guatemala! I was rudely awakened by a conference going on just up the corridor from my hotel room - not sure what the conference was about but they were very loud and there were lots of shrieks laughter going on.
I Posted by cazbatt in Caz's adventures | Apr 26, 2015
- Last lazy day in the USA! I was a bit sad when I woke up today, it's gone from being a fabulous group of four to being back to just me.
It really has been a fab couple of weeks. Funnily enough when Jan had Posted by cazbatt in Caz's adventures | Apr 26, 2015
- Saturday in HonoluluAloha from Oahu.
As I type today's blog I'm sitting here enjoying my haupia pie from McDonald's. Yep, you read the right. It's actually quite good. Mary didn't want one so she's missing out:)
It's about 6:30 p.m. and Posted by toursbym in Tours by Margaret | Apr 25, 2015
- Another day another park - Island of AdventureI was up at the crack of Dawn this morning to wave Jan and Deidre off, it was sad to see them go before me cos we've had such a fab couple of weeks but Jan has to get home Posted by cazbatt in Caz's adventures | Apr 25, 2015
- Food glorious food at Disney's Epcot Centre Today was our second Disney day and I'd asked if we could go to Epcot - the last time I was at Epcot was about twenty years ago (eek!) and I remember loving it. And it did end up Posted by cazbatt in Caz's adventures | Apr 25, 2015
- Oak Park Bird Walks on the Chicago Tribune!Today, Saturday, April 12, Oak Park Bird Walks were featured on a front-page article on the Chicago Tribune!!! Check it out here:
[[http://eedition.chicagotribune.com/Olive/ODE/ChicagoTribune2/LandingPage/LandingPage.aspx?href=Q1RDLzIwMTUvMDQvMjU.&page Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Apr 25, 2015
- Even Barbie Doesn’t Want To Associate Herself With SeaWorld Barbie has quit SeaWorld!
Toy giant Mattel has decided to end production of “all SeaWorld-branded merchandise, including SeaWorld Trainer Barbies,” the New York Post reports.
The iconic doll joins a growing group of people opposing the theme park, f Posted by riverventures in River Ventures | Apr 25, 2015
- About 20 manatees rescued from Florida storm drain(Reuters) – About 20 Florida manatees were freed by early Tuesday morning from a storm drain near Cape Canaveral, where they were apparently trying to warm themselves, officials and local media said.
Video footage showed a rescuer comforting one manate Posted by riverventures in River Ventures | Apr 25, 2015
- Aloha FridayAloha from Oahu.
We've had another busy day in the islands. The trade winds are gone replaced by south Kona heat and vog. It looks really hazy in the morning and evenings and they all say it's vog. Posted by toursbym in Tours by Margaret | Apr 24, 2015
- Day Six and SevenDay 6
Day 6 begins with a warning: never eat Mexican food the night before hiking. I probably don’t need to go into detail about this, but I will say this: we were both reminded that we had stuffed Jalapeños for Posted by scott-us-rt2015 in USA Road Trip 2015 | Apr 24, 2015
- New Orleans[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/732642/large_Archi Posted by gadget506 in Our trip of a lifetime | Apr 24, 2015
- Chester Springs, PennsylvaniaI traveled off Long Island and through the city with ease. Actually, the parkway traffic seems much less hectic than in southern California. I decided it must be because the exits are much further apart which eliminates the frequent back-up Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Apr 24, 2015