- USA - Zion National Park, UtahUtah has the 'Big 5 National Parks' dotted throughout the south, the first one we visited was Zion, in southwestern Utah. A highlight of Zion National Park is its Canyon, which is 24 km long and up to 800 m Posted by TheNomadWay.com in TheNomadWay.com | Jun 19, 2014
- Days 9-11: Powell Country
From our base in Page, AZ, we were able to quickly drive to a bunch of incredible national parks and preserved lands; we were able to see parts of Grand Staircase-Escalante, Grand Canyon Posted by neveron in P and E Go XC | Jul 2, 2014
- USA - Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument, UtahThe landscape between Page and Zion National Park only got more amazing, we felt like we were in the Wild West with red rocky formations protruding out of the desert floor. We stopped off to see ‘The Toadstools’ a short Posted by TheNomadWay.com in TheNomadWay.com | Jun 17, 2014
- USA - Page, ArizonaWe left the Grand Canyon and headed northeast towards the Utah border. We have heard great things about the National Parks in Utah and are pretty keen to check them out! The expanse of red desert, rock formations and Posted by TheNomadWay.com in TheNomadWay.com | Jun 17, 2014
- Day 6: The Wild Wild West
This was a long-haul day between Dallas and Gunnison. The one stop of note was for barbecue in Amarillo at one of Texas Monthly's Top 50 Barbecue Joints for 2013: Tyler's Barbecue. Who c Posted by neveron in P and E Go XC | Jul 2, 2014
- Walking San FransiscoMega-walk today.
Last night, I changed locations & surfed Manny's couch in Castro St, Noe Valley.
This morning, I set off (on foot) along Castro St to Haight St (supposedly Hipster central), then the Panhandle (where I met Joe & Tristan (a Posted by Adamtrumble in Northern hemisphere 2014 | Jul 1, 2014
- Day 7: SW Colorado
On a tip from a colleague of mine, who mentioned that the Rocky Mountain snow was still melting and swelling the rivers at this point in the year, I selected the Durango area for us to t Posted by neveron in P and E Go XC | Jul 1, 2014
- Day 8: Four Corners
This was a day jam-packed with unique, far-from-home experiences that were each rewarding in their own way. And of course, the long drives in between stand on their own as being fascinat Posted by neveron in P and E Go XC | Jul 1, 2014
- USA - The Grand Canyon, ArizonaWe drove out of Las Vegas and left the neon lights behind us. Altitude increased as we climbed onto the Colorado Plateau, a large area of land uplifted thousands of years ago which led us into the The Grand Canyon. Posted by TheNomadWay.com in TheNomadWay.com | Jun 15, 2014
- USA - Las Vegas, NevadaWe waved goodbye to the beautiful West Coast and drove inland towards the desert....
After several hours driving across the desert we crossed into Nevada, the home of giant casinos and the land of gambling (or 'gaming' as it's called here) Posted by TheNomadWay.com in TheNomadWay.com | Jun 14, 2014
- See you later LA!
seju Posted by sayjul in Seju's Travels | Jul 1, 2014
- Day Four - Palm SpringsAfter a very warm night which didn't drop below about 34 degrees we took a drive into the mountains behind Palm Springs. Wow spectacular view of the city. You can really see how it is an oasis in the desert.
At Posted by Karen's USA in Our USA trip 2014 | Jun 30, 2014
- Day three - the reunionWell today Chuck and Rick picked us up in Hollywood and drove us to Karen's house for the family reunion. Great to finally meet them in person.
We arrived at Karen's and wow, so many cousins came and it was really Posted by Karen's USA in Our USA trip 2014 | Jun 30, 2014
- ChicagoWe arrived in Chicago 2 hours earlier than originally intended. Taxi to the hotel, check in and across the road for something to eat. Vapiano for pizza. Really impressed, but that will change. Saturday morning we went for a major Posted by RovingMillions in USA 2014 | Jun 30, 2014
- NashvilleWe arrived in Nashville mid afternoon, plenty of time to book in and enjoy a dip in the pool. We stayed in the Best Western Opryland. Lovely motel, huge rooms but a long way from town. Usually, we will pay Posted by RovingMillions in USA 2014 | Jun 30, 2014
- Memphis to NashvilleTuesday was our last night in Memphis. First stop was Tap & Tamp a coffee and ale house. Didn't try his coffee, but we did try a couple of his craft beers from Alabama. Along with a recommendation for tea, Posted by RovingMillions in USA 2014 | Jun 30, 2014
- San FransiscoToday I cycled to Sausalito , via the Golden Gate Bridge. Having my host, Jeremy Chase's bike has been fantastic.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/670049/596067E Posted by Adamtrumble in Northern hemisphere 2014 | Jun 30, 2014
- A Morning at Fort SheridanThis morning I visited a beautiful forest preserve in Lake County, Illinois called Fort Sheridan Forest Preserve. I was there from 7:50am-11:00am, enjoying the beautiful scenery, overall nature, and best of all, the amazing birds! Fort Sheridan is known t Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jun 30, 2014
We began our month of Halloween activities with some local fun. We shopped around the local costume shops trying to decide how to decorate our house and what costumes we should wear on Posted by dinige in Rowan Family Adventures! | Jun 30, 2014
- A Little Bit about OradeaLocated just 8 miles from the Hungarian border and spanning both shores of the Crisu Repede River, the elegant city of Oradea is a great starting point for exploring Romania.
Firs Posted by gooberkn in GV Beius 2014 | Jun 30, 2014
- Antelope Canyon
[float=right] Last stop before heading home... Turned out to be one of the most spectacular parks we've seen. Beautiful colorful walls with the morning sun. We made it first to the entrance th Posted by estrellaswan in estrellaswan.adventures | Jun 29, 2014
- Travel to Tanzaina!!I will travel to Tanzania from July 5-18, stopping in Greece after on July 18-20. Posted by raysters in Tanzania | Jun 29, 2014
- SF PrideToday was the Pride march, probably one of the largest events of its kind in the world.
The march finished in Civic Square, where I spent most of the day (rather than the two or three hours I expected to spend).
The Posted by Adamtrumble in Northern hemisphere 2014 | Jun 29, 2014
- So California, So Good!Well, we've been having a lovely time on the Road since Wednesday...
For a start, these were our wheels (we've since swapped for a mini-SUV more suitable for carrying wine purchased from Napa and Sonoma wineries - of which more on Posted by blandy75 in Paul & Clare's Round the World Trip | Jun 29, 2014
- Six Days on the Road Day 6If you thought Montana was wide and open - you haven't seen North Dakota!
[img=http: Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Jun 29, 2014