- And so it beginsMany, many years ago, much more than I care to admit, I dreamed of going to England, France....Greece. Finally, the time has come. The planning has started, reservations have been made and travel guides are being read. My dad was Posted by jughead53 in The Rising Adventure | Aug 11, 2016
- Flying homeTime to travel back home. Even though New York is one of my favorite cities I do get enough of it after one week. Maybe it’s the constant noise of traffic? Or the crowded people on the streets? I don’t Posted by bejjan in New York | Jul 4, 2016
- Chillin’Last day in New York. We really had nothing planned for today but to chill. We took the metro to Central Park and generally discussed what we had experienced during the week.
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/799557/20160703_111105. Posted by bejjan in New York | Jul 3, 2016
- Coney IslandWoke up to a much more comfortable New York today. Although it was warm the sultry air was gone. They had forecasted super nice weather today, so what better to do than a trip to Coney Island?
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/79955 Posted by bejjan in New York | Jul 2, 2016
- From death trap to tourist trapAs soon as we stepped outside of the hotel it was like hitting a wall of muggy air. Now it was extreme! But the weather reports told about a hefty thunderstorm later on today, thank God!
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/799557/20160701_1 Posted by bejjan in New York | Jul 1, 2016
- Silent witnessWe had the whole day full of activities and things to see so the alarm was set early today. And you could tell at the hotel breakfast that most people weren’t up yet. But we had to get up early Posted by bejjan in New York | Jun 30, 2016
- Shop until you dropMost part of this day was dedicated to shopping. Yet another warm and muggy day along the Streets of New York and it was even worse down under in the subway system. But it was still worth the effort to Posted by bejjan in New York | Jun 29, 2016
- You learn something new every day ;) [center][/center]
We began the day by taking the subway south to Flat Iron Building. The building was completed in 1902 and was then one of the highest buildings in New York with Posted by bejjan in New York | Jun 28, 2016
- A City OasisA proper sleep-in would have been nice this morning, but with a body still set at Swedish time it didn’t quite happen that way. Hotel breakfast was okay, it satisfied your hunger at least. This particular morning you could tell Posted by bejjan in New York | Jun 27, 2016
- Allow yourself to be a tourist sometimes ;)After an unusual warm night and only a few hours of sleep (have never experienced more rustling bed blankets in a hotel before) you had to get up early in the morning to get ready, eat breakfast and transfer back Posted by bejjan in New York | Jun 26, 2016
- Anxiously waiting… It was unusually warm and muggy outside, on a Saturday like this. When I finished packing my bags I realized that one large bag and one carry-on bag would be pretty tough dragging down to the train station in this Posted by bejjan in New York | Jun 25, 2016
- Loving the adventure from Washington back to California!
Seriously only saw my friend Jen for a few minutes as she showed us where we would be sleeping. We were up and out of her house by Posted by TravelingDoll in Summer Trip 2016 | Jul 28, 2016
- Washington State visit
Ahhhhh, the first day that we didn't have to get up and start packing everything up again. Pulled in to their home at about 10PM t Posted by TravelingDoll in Summer Trip 2016 | Jul 21, 2016
- Day 19 Rapid City - MinneapolisHeaded off to the airport with plenty of time to spare. We were flying Delta Airlines and we were one of the last flights that was not affected by the Delta Airline hacking drama. For two days the Delta Airlines Posted by PSNUSA2016 in PSN USA Trip 2016 | Aug 10, 2016
- August Long WeekendAs Auntie Virginia likes to say, if you do something twice it becomes a tradition. This was our second year of a Mak family reunion/get together down at the lake... so it's now a tradition! Though we were missing a Posted by elliehirch in Travel, She Wrote | Aug 9, 2016
- Hike down Mt. BaldyToday (Tuesday, August 9), my dad and I rode the ski lift up and then hiked all the way down Mt. Baldy in Sun Valley, Idaho. It was a beautiful partly-sunny day with temperatures ranging from 47-72 degrees.
The ride up Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Aug 9, 2016
- Wood River Valley BirdingYesterday (Monday, August 8) I did some local birding near the town of Ketchum (right next to Sun Valley), the town in which we stay every year out here in Idaho.
A bit of birding in the morning close to home Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Aug 9, 2016
- Adventure begins to WA state along the Pacific Coast!
Off we go!! Left at 4:30AM to get started on our camping trip. We had just started driving normal speed on the Posted by TravelingDoll in Summer Trip 2016 | Jul 17, 2016
- Waterman Reunion, 2015The annual Waterman reunion was held in Taylorville in July, 2015 and we had a great time catching up with family, playing basketball and, of course, eating! The weekend also included the baptism of Brian's goddaughter, Laila Grace.
[img=http://photos Posted by WatermanBlog in Waterman Blog | Aug 8, 2016
- Spring Break in Destin, Florida (2015)For the third year in a row, we headed to the Gulf Coast for Spring Break...this time in Destin, Fl. However, this year, we made the trek with the Coyne's, Patel's, and Justus's. All of the kids had Posted by WatermanBlog in Waterman Blog | Aug 8, 2016
- College Football Trip to KnoxvilleCollege Football is the greatest fan experience of any sports and Julie and I (or maybe just I) wanted the boys to experience it also, so we drove to Knoxville, TN to attend the Tennessee-Alabama football game.
On Friday Posted by WatermanBlog in Waterman Blog | Aug 8, 2016
- Indian Guides Campout (Fall, 2015)Brian, Justin, and Andrew headed to Camp Eberhart in Three Rivers, MI for the annual Indian Guides campout, which proved to be the last Indian Guides campout for the boys. We hiked, canoed, rode horses, fished, and hung out Posted by WatermanBlog in Waterman Blog | Aug 8, 2016
- Utah’s spectacular (& crowded) national parksQuite frankly, even at the risk of being very unfair to the state of Nevada, there’s nothing else we did there beyond visiting Las Vegas. And interestingly enough, the nice and interesting landscapes started just after we passed the borderline Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Aug 7, 2016
- Washington State
Our last night in Seattle after disembarking from the Cruise Ship. We were in an AirBnB again, but in a different part of Vancouver. Beautiful views of the Vancouver skyline by night.
Posted by Taqui in Vancouver and America | Aug 7, 2016
- Denali, Another Day in ParadiseI had decided that we’d take one more bus ride to Eielson so that kids could get their Jr. Ranger badge, we could hike a little and we could look at the exhibits. Also, we could maybe see more wildlife.[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/204290/IMG_201 Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Aug 7, 2016