- A Day at Rollins SavannaToday I spent my last full day in Illinois before I leave for Idaho by birding Rollins Savanna, a beautiful forest preserve in the far northern suburbs of Chicago that has been attracting some nice southbound migrant shorebirds recently.
It was Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 31, 2014
- Westward Trip- Saginaw, Minnesota; Indian Lake, MichiganThe last 2 days have been driving, driving, driving. Good roads on US Hwy 2 make us shake our heads at the poor road conditions in the Canadian Prairie provinces. Wednesday night we stopped at the Saginaw Campground Posted by blgracey in A Quest for Nature | Jul 31, 2014
- Overall experienceThe sustainability class we took this summer was a very enlightening experience for me, as I am very well aware of the consequences of our actions now. I am aware of how being wasteful, and ignorant is going to cost Posted by sabalalani in Alabama Engineering in Europe | Jul 31, 2014
- Fire Island - the endI have departed Fire Island after an amazing week.
The two villages of The Pines and Cherry Grove provide a friendly gay hedonistic environment that is unique.
It's interesting to contrast that with this sign from The Pines in 1957.
[img=http://p Posted by Adamtrumble in Northern hemisphere 2014 | Jul 31, 2014
- Hello!Thanks for visiting my newly created travel blog to document my year abroad! I will be heading out on the morning of August 31 and expect to arrive in Besançon - barring any unforeseen catastrophes - on the evening Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | Jul 31, 2014
- Day 2 - Golden Gate Bridge, walking, buses and Clam ChowderWe have started the day in style... or at least in syrup. We went to the Ihop for our first American breakfast...
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/689 Posted by westfamily in The West's Head West | Jul 31, 2014
- Self Rescue & Jumping on Kanaha Beach
So this morning was interesting...I crashed my kite so badly into the water, it twisted...I couldn't get it up again and then it started looping, so I was forced to use the quick release syste Posted by AndreaLed in Andrea's Trip Around the World | Jul 31, 2014
- Downtown Anchorage The last couple of days I have ventured further than my hotel to see some of the sights of Anchorage. Most of the tourist activities are located only a 15 minute walk from my hotel.
Tuesday morning I started with Posted by georgiaodgers in Georgia's Exchange Adventures 2014 | Jul 30, 2014
- Turning the TailSeymour, IN was a great time my buddy, Izzi, and I played, barked, chased and exhausted each other for four days. The peeps, the kids and the grandkids also had a blast. Nate and Molly have a beautiful house Posted by rhislop in Tashi Tales | Jul 30, 2014
- More Fire IslandAfter Sunday, The Pines and Cherry Grove got a lot quieter as people returned to work, but the weather has been amazingly good and there are still plenty of people around.
I got to kite surf on Sunday - there is Posted by Adamtrumble in Northern hemisphere 2014 | Jul 30, 2014
- Las VegasAs we had had a late night the night before, we didn’t get up until 10am. We decided to go for a swim in the pool while mum went to the gym. When we got outside, it was like getting Posted by avoca in 12th World Rogaining Championships | Jul 27, 2014
- LA to Vegas; deserts, thunderstorms, wild animalsLeft our hotel midmorning and caught a taxi to the car rentals. After not much messing around we got to choose a car. Jemma was in charge and she chose a silver Toyota Rav4. As we got in the car Posted by avoca in 12th World Rogaining Championships | Jul 26, 2014
- Preparing: JapanI fully admit that I am nothing but a mere fledging in the world of international travel. I've thus far been in 3 international airports, one of which I hold a deep grudge against for almost no reason, and I'm Posted by Kacey's Travels in Kacey's Travels | Jul 29, 2014
- USA 2014 / Part I[img=http://photos. Posted by Anahera in Sarah is traveling the world... | Jul 29, 2014
- Skokie LagoonsToday my dad took me up to Skokie Lagoons, a great forest preserve in northeastern Cook County. My target birds were PROTHONOTARY WARBLERS, a beautiful, tiny, yellow songbird that is known to nest at Skokie Lagoons. Prothonotaries are special because Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 29, 2014
- Ocean City - The PreparationSure, we've been here before....but it's always fun to preview your trip and scope out your favorite restaurants and tourist traps before you get there.... Posted by peter.denardis in LIBURDI DENARDIS EXPEDITIONS | Jul 29, 2014
- Anchorage, Alaska Yesterday I finally arrived in Anchorage, after 3 flights from Melbourne, and very little sleep. I left Melbourne on Monday, and because of the time difference arrived here at 2pm on Monday afternoon. I am still feeling the motion of Posted by georgiaodgers in Georgia's Exchange Adventures 2014 | Jul 29, 2014
- FIRST LEG VIDEOHey everybody its Marcus here, finally got a little video edited and downloaded to YOU TUBE, took a long time but we like the outcome. It was to big to download straight to the blog but here is the link Posted by MikesDream in MikesDream | Jul 28, 2014
- Aloha from Maui!Aloha (they really say it here;))
Sunday, yayy! Sunday No. 6:) Time flies and doesn't somehow. 5 more weeks to go!
I'm sitting on a plane from Honolulu to Maui, in my flip flops, bikini, boardshorts & surfshirt. My nails are painted Posted by AndreaLed in Andrea's Trip Around the World | Jul 28, 2014
- My First Kite Surfing Day on Maui
I'm back from the beach and wohoo what a windy day! Kitesurfing on Maui ain't easy! A lot of waves, and the spot is in a bay, so the wind picks up further out which makes it difficult Posted by AndreaLed in Andrea's Trip Around the World | Jul 28, 2014
- Meeting MinnesotansNot all Minnesotans are from [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Wobegon|Lake Wobegon]], but there is wee bit of LW in most all Minnesotans.
My continuum of folks ranged from Minnesota corn farmers to a woman from the heart of St Paul.
The stay at my Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Jul 28, 2014
- SeattleWe spent our last day in Vancouver at [[http://www.yelp.com/biz/lynn-canyon-suspension-bridge-north-vancouver|Lynn Valley Canyon ...]] which was great fun. We then drove back on Friday to Seattle, with no issues at the Border and are now settling in for o Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Jul 28, 2014
- North Fork OystersAl took a trip
to Greenport NY
He looked for a glove
[img=http://phot Posted by Baronessonthego in Al's Adventures | Jul 28, 2014
- Fire Island - OTTThe weekend was amazing and an overload of gay guys, many who either spend most of their lives in the gym, or take steroids, or both.
I befriended one such muscle-guy, aged 33, who lives in the southern bible belt, who Posted by Adamtrumble in Northern hemisphere 2014 | Jul 28, 2014
- ETD 7 hoursjust about packed and we may as well have been packing for 3 months. As the day went on we found that we basically needed the same stuff for 3 days, 3 weeks or 3 months.
The boys played and shopped Posted by lkoss in Adam and Evy's Big Trip | Jul 27, 2014