- Lubbock, TXDeep in the heart of Texas! Ok, not really but in Lubbock, anyway. Home to Buddy Holly and the largest contiguous cotton-growing region in the world. We did see a lot of cotton.
This is Posted by scpurvis in 2013 Western U.S. Loop | Oct 24, 2013
- Here a Lock, There a Lock (Recreated from Lost PC)Wednesday, September 11th, 2013
Today we continue on our way through the Saint Lawrence River. Who knew that there was so many locks in the river? Apparently everybody aboard this vessel but me! At 19:00 we sailed Posted by kitcusick in Sailing the Seas | Sep 11, 2013
- Santa Rosa, NMThis stop in Santa Rosa will just be for overnight. We often use rvparkreviews.com when we are trying to decide where to stay to look at the ratings from people who have stayed previously. This has worked out Posted by scpurvis in 2013 Western U.S. Loop | Oct 24, 2013
- And It's Off to New YorkI’d barely been home for a week when I got the call to go to New York. There is some program for Hurricane Sandy claims and I was asked to work as an inspector for the program. I had a Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Oct 23, 2013
- Restaurant on the River[float=left][/float] Rill? What’s a rill? Maybe the new restaurant sign was a mistake? The Copper Rill? Do they mean “grill”? So I looked up the word.
Rill: a small stream or Posted by davidmutticlark in Searchin' for Soul | Oct 23, 2013
- Santa Monica - Farmers' Market, the Pier and the PromenadeSanta Monica in the morning was quite foggy. We are right at the beach, so the wind was a bit cold as well. Still, the temperature was expected to be at around 24C during the day, so we were curious Posted by dindiosk in California | Oct 23, 2013
- Disney EPCOT Epcot stand for experimental prototype community of tomorrow. And Walt Disney was very far reaching with his planing and thoughts about Disney World. This theme park has a central theme of one world, many cultures and has areas dedicated to Posted by Kath.Iain in Our USA Trip | Oct 22, 2013
- Kennedy Space Center at Cape CanaveralWe all really loved the Kennedy Space Centre. Lots of fascinating information about the NASA space programs plus interactive displays and a simulation ride of a shuttle take off. Learned heaps!!
Great new display is of the space shuttle Atlantis. It Posted by Kath.Iain in Our USA Trip | Oct 22, 2013
- A Labor Day Camping TripEarlier this year we started planning a family camping trip to Sunset Beach. This was a trip to include our 3 boys and families. We would take our RV and the others their tents. Jen was the main one to Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Oct 22, 2013
- Gallup, NM SEMINOLES WON!!!! Remain undefeated.
Leaving Arizona, headed east now. I am trying to not view this as the end of our trip but it is hard not to since we are "headed" home. We had originally planned Posted by scpurvis in 2013 Western U.S. Loop | Oct 22, 2013
- So long . . . Farewell . . .This will be my last posting for this year. Thank you all who have read my blog! It really is nice to hear from those of you who have responded and commented. Next year may be a little different. I Posted by jcorilio in Here we go again! 2013 | Oct 21, 2013
- From Carmel to Santa Monica - driving, driving, driving!It was time to continue our journey down South California. But first: time to prepare ourselves for the road and have breakfast! On the San Francisco Chronicle that was put on our hotel room still in Carmel, we read that Posted by dindiosk in California | Oct 21, 2013
- Camp Verde (Sedona), AZLeft Mt Carmel and Utah for the last time on this trip, headed to the Sedona, AZ area. Except for the brief stint (2 nites) in Mesquite, NV, we have been in Utah for 3 weeks. I really Posted by scpurvis in 2013 Western U.S. Loop | Oct 21, 2013
- Disney Animal KingdomIst of our days at Disney, started out at Animal Kingdom. A couple of great rides and saw some incredible animals, including gorillas and rhinos. They had more gorillas and rhinos than Melbourne Zoo. Great to see Disney putting so Posted by Kath.Iain in Our USA Trip | Oct 20, 2013
- Florida - 1st day - LegolandWOW - as there are three Lego fans in the family we had a good chance of enjoying this park. Patrick especially was in his element - absolutely loved it. Amazing.
Lots of fun rides. Lots of creations. Boys even tried Posted by Kath.Iain in Our USA Trip | Oct 20, 2013
- Scratch and Sniff Wine BookThis book sounds interesting, it's a scratch and sniff wine book from a master sommelier. This short read (the book is only 22 pages) looks like a fun way to learn more about wine.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/169911/la-dd-from..tial-sc-001 Posted by HelenaK in Wine & Travel | Oct 20, 2013
- No Ben!One of my favourite parts about travelling is when people tell you stories. This is when a city really comes alive, when you learn little known things about a city, or you are let inside someones life, it just really Posted by kfaith90 in Round the World in 2013 | Oct 20, 2013
- Carmel - An artists' city, by the seaWe only had one full day in Carmel, and this was going to be it. After seeing only a bit of the city on the night before, we woke up ready to explore it. Our hotel had a restaurant where Posted by dindiosk in California | Oct 20, 2013
- Travel day - Las Vegas to Houston to OrlandoSpent another night In Las Vegas after returning the RV. Saw some incredible hotels - especially loved the Venetian. They have an indoor recreation of the sights of Venice including Gondalas floating on a canal. Over the top would be Posted by Kath.Iain in Our USA Trip | Oct 19, 2013
- Zion National ParkStill quite high in altitude so still a bit cold. We were the only ones walking around the campsite in shorts - most people had beanies and gloves.
Sunny again and that's the main thing. We found a dinner spot Posted by Kath.Iain in Our USA Trip | Oct 19, 2013
- Bryce CanyonBryce Canyon was spectacular. Thanks to the governor of Utah who opened the park for us despite the rest of the country still in shutdown.
We had a beautiful blue sunny morning to see Bryce Canyon after our chilliest night Posted by Kath.Iain in Our USA Trip | Oct 19, 2013
- Bathroom Blues and Autumn Golds[float=left][/float] Friday's prediction looked promising: sunny and cool. A perfect day for a quick getaway. So we drove 50 miles to Pocatel Posted by davidmutticlark in Searchin' for Soul | Oct 19, 2013
- river health ==yada yada== Posted by ieruh in Guadalupe River | Oct 18, 2013
- Highway 1, Monterey, the 17-Mile Drive and CarmelIt was time to leave our apartment in San Francisco and continue our journey through California. We had a small breakfast and picked up out stuff in order to get BART to the airport, that, after all, did not strike. Posted by dindiosk in California | Oct 18, 2013
- Off to BarcelonaToday is the day we fly to Barcelona to begin the adventure that culminates in Paris. Our flight leaves Atlanta at 5:55 PM so there's time this morning to finish packing and getting things ready before we head to Posted by hromine in My Travels | Oct 18, 2013