- Day Two - Tour of LA Day two and another pretty full on day.
We did the hop on hop off bus and went to Santa Monica Pier. Along the way saw so many iconic LA sights. So many references to movie and TV stars. Drove Posted by Karen's USA in Our USA trip 2014 | Jun 28, 2014
- An Afternoon at the Morton ArboretumThis afternoon I birded the Morton Arboretum in Lisle, IL while my dad played his concert there. I saw many amazing birds, 56 species in all, including the ones pictured below:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/631814/F7521FBB Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jun 28, 2014
- AT&T RookeryOn Friday my friends Edward and Cristen Vincent drove me to a rookery of cormorants, egrets, and herons, out in Barrington, IL. It was very interesting with many DOUBLE-CRESTED CORMORANTS, about fifteen GREAT EGRETS, two or three GREAT BLUE HERONS, Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jun 28, 2014
- Adiós AmigosWelcome to Blaze and Eggplant's travel blog! Since Blaze (aka Brian) is most likely going to do whatever Eggplant (aka Valerie) does and neither are the most writing inclined, you get the two for one deal! Two backpackers Posted by BlazeNEggplant in Rambles & Fumbles | Jun 27, 2014
- Day twoA beautiful sunny day in San Fransisco.
I borrowed Jeremy's bike & met him for Brunch at Delancy St Restaurant. It's run by a non-profit for disadvantaged people and was very cheap.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/670049/ECB7A7CC2219AC6817992 Posted by Adamtrumble in Northern hemisphere 2014 | Jun 28, 2014
- Boarding will Begin ShortlySo far I survived turning in my checked baggage, security, and a train ride. I finally found my gate AND a bunch of people standing in line. Not knowing what else to do, I joined in.... only to stand in Posted by ChelseaLaree in Smalltown Abroad | Jun 28, 2014
- Today is our 34th anniversary! All packed....well, I am anyway...if you don't know Steve...he will be up quite late to finish packing. Our chauffeur (Andrew) will be arriving for dinner soon and spending the night. We will be on our way by 10:30 am. Flight Posted by Amstrdm2budapst in K and S 35th | Jun 28, 2014
- Travel Blog Day 1 – 27th June – Flight Time!Can’t believe the big day finally came – off to the States for 7 months to indulge myself in all things football, Starbucks and all the cheap things I can get my hands on!
Saying goodbye to family and friends was Posted by larabester in Bester goes Abroad! | Jun 27, 2014
- Spaces in my SuitcasesWOW. The last two days have been a whirlwind. I visited as many friends and family as I could while I'm back in my hometown. I also had to pick up some last-minute travel necessities and try to maintain sanity!
Today Posted by ChelseaLaree in Smalltown Abroad | Jun 28, 2014
- San FransiscoThe flight from Sydney left on time, and arrived early. With the time change, I arrived before I left and, for me, Friday was 41 hours long!
I was met at the airport by my former Couchsurfer, Jeremy Chase and am Posted by Adamtrumble in Northern hemisphere 2014 | Jun 28, 2014
- Day one in HollywoodWell after a late start, we headed to Universal Studios.
A massive day of Americanism. I actually went on a ride! Despicable Me, and was turned into a minion! Great fun and not too taxing on the broken shoulder. Andrew, Posted by Karen's USA in Our USA trip 2014 | Jun 27, 2014
- 14 Days to KEMI Orientation
2 short weeks from today, we will have to be in Lexington KY for the KEMI orientation. Can this be real? How are we coping? Changes, changes coming around the cor Posted by lrchan in #CAtoKY | Jun 27, 2014
- Two weeks in San Antonio, TexasFor those of you who have been asking, I am in fact, still in the Army and we were in San Antonio, TX for these two weeks due to work. But that doesn't mean I won't try to get Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Jun 26, 2014
- Mississippi(See all the photos [[http://s981.photobucket.com/user/danseal/library/USA%20-%20May%20and%20June%202014/Mississippi|here]]. Password the same as for the blog.)
After the country of Nashville and the Rock n Roll of Memphis, it was high ti Posted by DanAndBells in Adventures with Danny & Bells | Jun 26, 2014
- Six Days on the Road Day 5I couldn't get myself out of Billings. I enjoyed a lazy morning in my historic hotel. Then I walked down the street to the [[http://www.ywhc.org/|Western Historical Center]]. By chance, a walking tour of Billings was just getting started. Of course, Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Jun 26, 2014
- Six Days on the Road Day 4I have an Emmy Lou Harris [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1a_QBSGO_w&feature=kp|CD]] with this song on it and have been listening to it while on the road. Whew! you feel it in your soul when you drive this country.
I am sorry I only have less Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Jun 26, 2014
- ChesapeakeAhoy Mates!
We are a week behind in our blog so we will recap the week to get you caught up!
[float=left][/float]A couple months ago our friends, Helen and Frank whom we have known since colle Posted by rhythmnblues in Rhythm ‘n Blues - Summer 2014 | Jun 25, 2014
- Day 21 - Home Again, Home Again
As we packed the car, we encountered the hosts' fearsome dog.
Two packs of Posted by danielcatherine in Daniel and Catherine's Adventures | Jun 25, 2014
- Hi, my name's Jenni, and I'm an addict...I hear the first step of recovery is admitting you have a problem, only I don't want to recover. I want to see a sunset or a sunrise over every ocean. Climb Mayan ruins and snorkel coral reefs. Take Posted by JenniElle in (Miss)Adventures | Jun 25, 2014
- Road Trip!We are off this morning on our little road trip up the Pacific Coast Highway towards San Francisco. First stop will be Santa Barbara for a few nights.
Santa Monica has been fun and relaxing, catching up with friends and enjoying Posted by blandy75 in Paul & Clare's Round the World Trip | Jun 25, 2014
- TestSometimes you go do stuff outside. Other times it's inside. Today, it was outside in the fog. Posted by chucktreks in Chuck Treks | Jun 25, 2014
- "Read Before You Leave!"So it's nearly 1AM and I am reading through my online orientation course, which I didn't know existed until about five hours ago.
I just packed everything I want to take from my apartment into my carry-on bag. I know Posted by ChelseaLaree in Smalltown Abroad | Jun 25, 2014
- Day 5: Bits of Americana
A continental breakfast, we were told, would be available at our Best Western Pearl hotel from 5-11a. However, breakfast was far more extensive including sausage, eggs, french toast, and Posted by neveron in P and E Go XC | Jun 24, 2014
- The Night BeforeI stood over my bed and lovingly gazed down at the disheveled piece of baggage I would be bringing with me. The small, black, backpackers bag had straps and pockets littering its cushioned sides. It was used, loved, sold and Posted by Miss Kailyn in Miss Kailyn: An American in Gap Year | Jun 24, 2014
- MemphisMemphis. Elvis, Jerry Lee, Sun Records, Martin Luther King Jr. It's all here. We were booked onto a river cruise when we first arrived. With driving on the left, not knowing which lane to be in, dicing with trucks and Posted by RovingMillions in USA 2014 | Jun 24, 2014