- Columbia City, Small and PrettyThen, in 1963 my husband-to-be Jim came along and added the line "and the girls are very shitty."
To which Aunt Mary held her hand to cover her mouth and giggled "Don't you dare teach him to say that."
Aunt M, Jimmy, Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Sep 25, 2014
- Hawaï... Dernier jourLa mission du jour : essayer d'approcher la coulée de lave qui descend du Pu'u O'o en direction de la ville de Pahoa...
Avant de partir dans cette aventure, nous parcourons le parc national des volcans. Du visitor center, nous Posted by bloomglance in Volcano trip | Sep 24, 2014
- Sunset CruiseDay 26 Bar Harbor, Maine (no drive day):
Our morning was slow to start, at least touristy wise. We had some housecleaning to do and lots of laundry :). Once we got all that boring stuff done, we Posted by WolffPack7 in East Coast or Bust! | Sep 24, 2014
- 5 day Countdown and I'm wasted! We had 2 weeks downtime between trips to prepare to leave for Europe. But Oregon Coast trip was interrupted with the Sept. 13 (anticipated) death of Dave's mother who lived in the Assisted Living residence across the street from Posted by buniconk in Conklin's Europe Trip - Autumn 2014 | Sep 24, 2014
- LAWe have been in Los Angeles for two days and its our last night here before we go to Hawaii. Yesterday we went on a walking tour around Beverly Hills and saw celebrity houses. We then took the bus to Posted by vikingabroad in VIKING ABROAD | Sep 24, 2014
- The Lighthouse at the End of the UniverseMary to the rescue!
No, not THAT Mary. :)
Mary Hutter! I remember my friend Chris mentioned how a friend of his and also a Twin Peaks aficionado moved up to Snoqualmie. Okay, so yesterday I got a phone call from Posted by VukomanovicIgor in West Coast Galore | Sep 23, 2014
- Viva Las Vegas[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/701847/7E06812C99137F9DF3360C14B7BA3132.jpg Posted by dahl.family in Our Trip To The USA | Sep 23, 2014
- Baah-Haah-BaahDay 25 Augusta, Maine to Bar Harbor, Maine:
Ok, the kids think it is neat to hear the locals talk. See Mom and Dad, I could have saved a lot of time without speech in elementary school and just moved Posted by WolffPack7 in East Coast or Bust! | Sep 23, 2014
- Big Island... vue du ciel...Beau soleil sur Big Island. Aujourd'hui, c'est le survol en hélicoptère, portes démontées, des pentes des cratères du Kilauea. Nous partons armés, GoPro, G1x et Lumix !
Le cœur bien accroché, nous tenons fermement nos appareil pour capter, filmer le Posted by bloomglance in Volcano trip | Sep 23, 2014
- Count DownIt is 4 mos, 14 days and the countdown has begun for our next adventure into the unknown. Okay, so it's not unknown. It's Bangkok, Thailand, and for me-it might as well be a different planet.
A Posted by Jleo in Fun Time Land and Other Adventures | Sep 23, 2014
- Yellowstone National ParkIts 330 miles from Whitefish to the town of Bozeman, Montana on highway 90. Half of the journey is through Flathead National Park, which is a long straight, empty stretch of road through dense, virgin forest. We passed few Posted by paulymx in North by northwest 2014 | Sep 23, 2014
- The inventor and the dictatorSo much has happened since my last blog entry. As the matter of fact, some of the things that happened made it very difficult for me to write. First and foremost, I learned the hard way some of the Posted by VukomanovicIgor in West Coast Galore | Sep 23, 2014
- Off to Las Vegas[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/701847/49D21C35FB08E95B201FFBAC2677CB38.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/701847/thumb_49D21C35FB08E95B201FFBAC2677CB38. Posted by dahl.family in Our Trip To The USA | Sep 22, 2014
- Leaf PeepingDay 24 Woodstock, VT to Augusta, ME:
This morning Christian and Daniel got us unhooked and set for the road while the rest of us cuddled just a little longer. Once the engine started, however, all eyes open and the Posted by WolffPack7 in East Coast or Bust! | Sep 22, 2014
- Day One: September 22Wow, what a fun day of adventuring! We drove from here to there!
Posted by Mr. Costa in The Great American Road Trip | Sep 22, 2014
- The Baseball[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/701847/16608D1CC2382D2825C7C00C5D7723 Posted by dahl.family in Our Trip To The USA | Sep 21, 2014
- Maple SyrupDay 23 Middlesborough, MA to Woodstock, VT:
Today we decided to go north west to avoid some rainy weather conditions. We left Boston after breakfast and headed through New Hampshire to Vermont. On our way we used our Posted by WolffPack7 in East Coast or Bust! | Sep 21, 2014
- From coldest to warmest placeAfter 2 days in Las Vegas we set off camping again. On the way to Grand Canyon we drove along route 66 and stopped in Seligman for lunch. When we arrived at our camp in Grand Canyon we saw lots Posted by vikingabroad in VIKING ABROAD | Sep 21, 2014
- Les dessous de Big IslandNous profitons de la luxuriance d’Hawaii et allons visiter un endroit insolite. Pendant des siècles, les coulées de lave successives ont créé des centaines de tunnels sur des dizaines de niveaux. Guy nous conduit dans l'un des passages secrets de Posted by bloomglance in Volcano trip | Sep 21, 2014
- Big Island... Du vert... du gris... du rouge...Nous quittons Auckland pour un voyage interminable de 24 heures pour atteindre Honolulu via San Francisco. Surprise, un peu de strasses : des limousines blanches nous conduisent à un grand hotel en bordure de la plage de sable fin de Posted by bloomglance in Volcano trip | Sep 21, 2014
- Leavenworth, WA to Kimberley, BCThe next couple of days travel were also supposed to be easy, just 400 miles and a border crossing, but it became 650 miles plus. This is generally not on the Interstate, and we pop in to every town likely Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Sep 20, 2014
- MonumentalDay 22 Boston, MA to Middleborough, MA:
Today we said our final goodbyes to Granny and she went on her way to get back to Idaho. It was nice to have her again for a couple of nights. After Posted by WolffPack7 in East Coast or Bust! | Sep 20, 2014
- Leaving Los AngelesI left the ol' Chevy Van in Milwaukee and have spent recent days in Los Angeles with my son's family – Brendan, his wife Stephanie, and their foster daughter.
My sister Diane hosted us (including my son's sister and brother-in-law Jodie Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Sep 20, 2014
- David Lynch built itExcept for a short trip to Seattle where I met with my old mate Chris, enjoyed the Pike place market offerings and did some shopping for my friend Rene, I spent the last few days in my most favorite escape: Posted by VukomanovicIgor in West Coast Galore | Sep 19, 2014
- HollywoodToday we went to Hollywood. First we drove to a lookout that allowed you to look over the Hollywood sign. It got quite busy so we left after we got our photos. Then we went to the observatory that Posted by dahl.family in Our Trip To The USA | Sep 19, 2014