- Padre IslandThe Army gave me three weeks of temporary duty in San Antonio so I gave myself a weekend in Padre Island. A baptist church in the area was holding a Surf 'n' Turf half marathon to raise money for Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Jan 29, 2017
- LONG PINE KEYYep she is still there looking as menacing as ever with her evil one eye! Is it just me or is it every living thing that passes through her gate to the Everglades National Park? Last year she tried Posted by Bananawind2016 in Florida 2017 | Jan 29, 2017
- KORESHAN STATE PARKHere we are again at this different and special sort of place.Too bad it started in sheer panic trying to put up the new unfamiliar tent in a sudden rainstorm on a fine white sand campsite! Wet tent wet fly Posted by Bananawind2016 in Florida 2017 | Jan 29, 2017
- TENT TOPS AND FLIP FLOPSIt has been quite an ordeal for John and I the last few months...filled with doctors appointments and physical therapy. So going to Florida was a last minute thing that almost didn't happen. We had delayed our trip til the Posted by Bananawind2016 in Florida 2017 | Jan 29, 2017
- Las VegasMet up with the kids and watched the superbowl Posted by Sandflees in SandFlees | Jan 28, 2017
- Day 20 - Route 66, Meteor Crater and Walnut CanyonThis morning was very cold. The temperature was -7 ( 19 F). We met another couple from Winnipeg, MB. They said they had visited Arizona in the winter for 12 years and this winter had the most Posted by A-RPoulton in New Mexico/CA/OR/BC | Jan 28, 2017
- PCT Training Hike on the Big Piney Trail, Paddy Creek Wilder
I set out for my first overnight training hike that I have been on since I was on the PCT in May, 2016. Starting at the Roby Posted by MorganClements in Morgans Misadventures | Jan 28, 2017
- Day 19 - Shiprock, NM to Holbrook,NMWe started our day by driving out to "Shiprock". This is a rock formation out in the middle of nowhere in New Mexico near an area called the "Four Corners".
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/720055/IMG_3123_S..our_corners.jpg caption=Shiprock n Posted by A-RPoulton in New Mexico/CA/OR/BC | Jan 27, 2017
- Day 18 - Lemonade out of LemonsWe had an excellent breakfast at Inn on the Rio. Our hostess made a pancake she called "Dutch Baby". This Dutch confection is usually served sprinkled with icing sugar and syrup. Our hostess served hers with eggs Posted by A-RPoulton in New Mexico/CA/OR/BC | Jan 26, 2017
- Off To Taiwan We're off to great places, we're up and away!! It's that time of year again for us to travel back to Taiwan to visit Henry's family! Hard to believe that it's already been 10 months since we were here Posted by Ariel968 in Taiwan - Chinese New Year 2017 | Jan 25, 2017
- Day 17 - Goodbye Santa Fe, Bandelier National MonumentThis morning we said "goodbye" to our comfortable lodging at Guadalupe Inn in Santa Fe. We post a picture of a fancy light fixture in the bathroom.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/720055/IMG_3011_D..hroom_light.jpg caption=Decorative bathroom l Posted by A-RPoulton in New Mexico/CA/OR/BC | Jan 25, 2017
- San Diego & TijuanaAs I left Mexico, I felt like I was riding an emotional rollercoaster instead of an airplane. I didn’t want to leave the magical land of amazing food, incredible friends, and endless adventures. But I had the best reason in Posted by chasingsummer in Chasing Forever Summer | Jan 25, 2017
- Day 16 - A day around Sante FeThis morning, while we ate breakfast, our hosts at the Guadalupe Inn entertained us with information about where to go and what to see in Santa Fe. They told us that the historic plaza and many art galleries and Posted by A-RPoulton in New Mexico/CA/OR/BC | Jan 24, 2017
- Day 15 - Sandia Crest and Santa FeWe forgot to mention yesterday that we saw a number of small herds of pronghorn as we drove from Roswell to Santa Rosa. The drive was through desert and the two giant cowboys and the pronghorn added interest to the Posted by A-RPoulton in New Mexico/CA/OR/BC | Jan 23, 2017
- Day 14 Roswell's UFO Museum and Santa RosaWe started our morning by touring the International UFO Museum & Research Centre at Roswell, New Mexico. The admission fee was only $3.00 per senior. Very reasonable. The displays were very well done and if you were a devotee of Posted by A-RPoulton in New Mexico/CA/OR/BC | Jan 22, 2017
- Day 13 - Desert Mountain snow storms, space exploration We took a couple of pictures of some homes in one of the upscale neighbourhoods in Carlsbad when we drove through it.
[img=ht Posted by A-RPoulton in New Mexico/CA/OR/BC | Jan 21, 2017
- Arizona Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon weekendThe Rock 'n' Roll Arizona run had been on my bucket list for awhile and now that we have friends it seemed a good time to get that checked off. The icing on the cake was the gift Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Jan 16, 2017
- PCT Training – Days 3, 4, 5, 6
Days 3 and 4 were training hikes on my own property due to road conditions – Both days were just 2 to 2.5 mile hikes so nothing special – I live on a hill and have 10 acres Posted by MorganClements in Morgans Misadventures | Jan 21, 2017
- Day 12 - Carlsbad Caverns[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/720055/IMG_2912 Posted by A-RPoulton in New Mexico/CA/OR/BC | Jan 20, 2017
- Day 11 - Guadalupe Mountains and Living DesertThis morning we left El Paso, TX and started our drive to the Guadalupe Mountains National Park in Texas.
Our first stop was at a Border Checking Station. We know people think that the US does nothing to stop illegal Posted by A-RPoulton in New Mexico/CA/OR/BC | Jan 19, 2017
- In the beginningWe believe we have a buyer for the house on Cabot Court, we're about to put the house and property in Saddle Creek on the market, and Chesirae has been accepted into Emerson College. The jigsaw puzzle that I envisioned Posted by randjb in Retirement Road | Jan 19, 2017
- The final hoorah!
It was our last day in the USA, we are heading home today. We don’t leave New York City until 6pm tonight, so we still had a few hours to explore the city this morning. We had to check out Posted by vansantjordan in Jordan's Travel Blog | Jan 18, 2017
- 7,000 Mile Road Trip Plus Iceland, Part 1I added Iceland to my bucket list after watching a few shows on Discovery channel. Dramatic scenery, glaciers, volcanoes, Iceland is the land of fire and ice. I told my nephew I was thinking of visiting Iceland and he Posted by vegasmike6 in Mike's Adventures | Jan 18, 2017
- Day 10 - Wile E. CoyoteOur first stop today was at the City of Rocks State Park (NM).
The weather was warm and sunny. We drove around the rock formations and spent some time i Posted by A-RPoulton in New Mexico/CA/OR/BC | Jan 18, 2017
- Where to start?We have 54 days until the start of our 6 month adventure. We (when I say "we" I mean mostly my husband Graham. He is amazing and has been doing so much research and planning in order to Posted by mrmrsbode in Out of Office | Jan 18, 2017