- ...Go!So today we finally started our journey to California. Waking up at 7h30, getting the train from Basel to Zürich at 9h40 and arriving at the airport a few minutes before 11h in order to catch our flight that would Posted by dindiosk in California | Oct 12, 2013
- Our first rideWell we got there. The spinning cups tempted the girl's and Angie but Samantha & John sat it out. Round and round. Posted by MilesBarcy13 in USA 2011 | Oct 12, 2013
- The Happiest Place on EarthFrom where we were staying in Harbor City, the most direct way to get to Disneyland was going via LAX - one bus to the airport, and bus/shuttle to the Park. The other options involved three or even four buses. Posted by AndiNZ in USA, USA! | Oct 12, 2013
- Washington Travel Suggestions==Washington Travel Suggestions==
The city of Seattle is the crown jewel of the state of Washington. If this is a first visit to the state, then it is a must see. But for those who've already seen Seattle, or have the Posted by hamellr in Pacific Northwest Travel | Oct 11, 2013
- Getting Out of Los Angeles on an Airplane Chair“You know in the old days, and I am talking back in the late 80’s, early 90’s, you probably weren’t even born, when you flew international and you could put the tray table down, place your pillow on the tray Posted by apersephone in The Sweet Bag of the Busy Bee | Oct 11, 2013
- Mountain biking in Moab - a day of firstsMoab is an outdoor adventure city - lots to do here and the main reason we were here was the mountain biking.
It became a day of "firsts"
FIRST time I had riden a bike with both front and REAR suspension (very Posted by Kath.Iain in Our USA Trip | Oct 11, 2013
- Eureka to Crescent CityThis morning we left Eureka early and had coffee on the beach at Trinidad.
Next Stop Prairie Creek Redwoods S Posted by Kris-Court in Fall Trip 2013 | Oct 11, 2013
- Ft. Bragg to EurekaLeaving Ft. Bragg we headed south to see the area around Mendocino that we missed the day before.
This is the lighthouse at Pt. Cabrillo. It was a nice walk out to it in the early morning. We passed a Posted by Kris-Court in Fall Trip 2013 | Oct 11, 2013
- Mesquite, NVMesquite, NV, what can I say about Mesquite? We selected this location because we had been driving awhile after skipping Panguitch (Bryce) and Hurricane, UT (Zion). It is jut across the Arizona/Nevada border, so, as you can guess, Posted by scpurvis in 2013 Western U.S. Loop | Oct 11, 2013
- Photoblog: Autumn falling in New England
[center]Walden Pond, Concord, Massachusetts[/center]
[img=http://photos.travel Posted by BillLehane in Silly Billy | Oct 11, 2013
- Mounment ValleyGreat day in Monument Valley. This amazing place is held by the Native Americans that we call Navajo.
We chose a guided tour as the RV could not cope with the dirt road and inclines we needed to traverse.
We Posted by Kath.Iain in Our USA Trip | Oct 9, 2013
- San Francisco, CA
The train to San Francisco was smooth, on time and had beautiful scenery. Amtrak was almost back in our good books. We came through thick fog on the Golden Gate bridge, it was like a pl Posted by chiaramichael in 111 Days | Oct 10, 2013
- Portland, OR
We were staying in a hostel here, the HI, spread over a few typical Portland-esque properties in NW which is a really nice area. Mainly because all air bnbs were out of our price range! Posted by chiaramichael in 111 Days | Oct 10, 2013
- San FranciscoWe are now installed in Berkley at the guesthouse right at the top of campus and it is lovely and sunny and only a week before we wing our way home.
America of course has a government shut down but won't Posted by sallysleigh in Sally and Jamie in Oxford and elsewhere | Oct 10, 2013
- Getting ReadyA few months ago, Jenn came to me and said - so "how do you feel about driving a barge?"
Soon, she was telling me that she, Brian, and her family were renting a canal boat to cruise the Erie Posted by EriePirates in Cruising The Erie Canal | Oct 10, 2013
- Sterling, UTIt was another scenic drive from Moab to Sterling. We stopped at several viewpoints on the way just to take it all in.
San Rafael R Posted by scpurvis in 2013 Western U.S. Loop | Oct 10, 2013
- Giddy Up Yippee Ki EyAs I have mentioned before, horses terrify me. Spending time in their presence is not my ideal pastime but as I was firmly in cowboy territory it was time to saddle up, and once again do something I was entirely Posted by The Tipsy Gipsy in The Tipsy Gipsy | Oct 10, 2013
- Pt. Reyas to Ft. BraggToday we drove to Ft. Bragg. There were no National Parks so no closed signs.
First Stop Bodega Bay and Bodega Head State Park
Goat Rock Beach Sonoma Coast State Park
[img=htt Posted by Kris-Court in Fall Trip 2013 | Oct 9, 2013
- Back to the RedwoodsAnd now the trip truly begins.
I spent almost three weeks at an organic farm, helping take care of the plants, and trimming some produce. Totally not working illegaly. Or on something illegal. Totally not. I would never get involved Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Oct 19, 2013
- Lower ManhattanIt's the last Sunday of my around the world trip and time for the last big item on my bucket list - Lower Manhattan. I had already explored [[http://francisworldtrip.travellerspoint.com/136/|Mid Manhattan]] and the [[http://francisworldtrip.travell Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Jun 9, 2013
- To Smoke and Can SalmonSmoking salmon to jar in small tin cans is a good way to preserve, transport, and share the fish. I use a common "Little Chief" smoker for lack of a more serious smokehouse, and metal cans for the advantage of Posted by cazvan in No Parking | Oct 9, 2013
- San Francisco to Point ReyesCoit Tower
Views from Coit Tower
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/625771/20131006_S..cisco3_006 Posted by Kris-Court in Fall Trip 2013 | Oct 9, 2013
- Would You Believe - More Shopping????Today, we hit what's apparently the only outlet store in LA. Two buses and a short walk, and around 90 minutes after we left the motel, we arrive at the Citadel outlet mall in Commerce City.
(Courtney: check out www.citadeloutlets.com Posted by AndiNZ in USA, USA! | Oct 8, 2013
- The beast - our RV
The trick has been keeping it on the right side of the road!!
Posted by Kath.Iain in Our USA Trip | Oct 7, 2013
- a UROC VolunteerSaturday, September 28th was the Ultra Race of Champions 100k event hosted by [[https://www.badtothebone.biz/|Bad to the Bone Endurance Sports]]. The race started in Breckenridge (in front of the new Vertical Runner shop!), and continued through to the t Posted by stlefferts in dusty roads | Oct 8, 2013