- Day 26 - "The Empire Builder" & back homeWay back in January 2016 when I purchased our tickets, we ended up having to book coach seats for this last leg of our journey. It was no problem because it's only a 4 hour trip, and it's during the Posted by buniconk in AMTRAK-ing (zig-zagging) AROUND AMERICA | Sep 26, 2016
- Day 24 & 25 - "The Coast Starlight" (again)Our departure from LA was 2 hours late. Who knows why.
This is our favorite train route, though I don't recall that we've taken it northbound before. Look at the map & you can see the itinerary. The rock formations Posted by buniconk in AMTRAK-ing (zig-zagging) AROUND AMERICA | Sep 25, 2016
- Bye bye mountains, bye bye sightseeing The first couple of miles back in the US looked just like Canada before the forest subsided and fields took over. We did not feel like driving much longer and eventually turned into Whitefish Lake State Park. It seemed like Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Oct 7, 2016
- Cranberries, Marietta has a Sister City, and CambridgeAs some of you know, Jeremy and I are not staying in hotels on this trip. We are staying in Airbnbs and one hostel. An Airbnb can be anything from a room in someone's home, to a treehouse, Posted by Acw415 in Jeremy & Ashley: New England in the Fall | Oct 7, 2016
- Moving OverWow. We've hit about 15 states so far... unbelievable. We were just talking about how September went by so slowly for us even though we were crashing through states so fast. Now that we are taking our time in each Posted by AK Adventures in Two Drifters | Oct 7, 2016
- Goodbye NashvilleToday was our last day in Nashville. We packed our things, got in the car and drove down to Bicentennial Park and Farmers Market. We had seen in on the bus tour, but hadn't gone to it yet. The park Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Oct 7, 2016
- To the US of AAs our days in the rafting place came to an end, we were thinking what to do in the two weeks that lasted on our trip. We had a car, so a road trip was the logical option. But where? Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Oct 7, 2016
- Anaheim to San Diego
After a stroll around 'the right part' of Huntington Beach (we stayed in the wrong part), and we could definitely have enjoyed staying here, we then drove on to Anaheim. Because we were i Posted by Taqui in Vancouver and America | Oct 6, 2016
- We're in New England!We're glad to have all of you along for the ride for our trip. We took off yesterday after work and had a 7:50pm flight out of Columbus. Here's our plane!
We Posted by Acw415 in Jeremy & Ashley: New England in the Fall | Oct 5, 2016
- GRAND OLE OPRYToday we took the shuttle in to Nashville. We again had to go to the Johnny Cash Museum so Leslie could get her coffee. We then went and got on the bus and took it to The Parthenon/Centennial Park. They Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Oct 5, 2016
- NashvilleToday my sister and I took the shuttle into downtown Nashville. We had to go to the Johnny Cash Museum coffee shop, so my sister could get her coffee. We then walked down to the water and got tickets to Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Oct 5, 2016
- A Little Fall ColorWe love the Sierra’s, both the eastern side and the west side. We love all seasons but a favorite is fall, we love the fall colors. So when we planned our trip, we thought we’d come down the 395 and Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Oct 5, 2016
- A Few Days In Fort BidwellWe made it to Fort Bidwell in time for dinner, but it was dark out. We joined the kids in the “cabin” that Nate is building for the family. It is basically a large kitchen with a loft. The plan Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Oct 4, 2016
- On to Crater LakeZoey spent the night with us and we both got up at dawn. I’d wanted to shoot photos. We went up to the top of the dunes where the sunlight was shining on the native grass. The morning dew on Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Sep 30, 2016
- Colorado[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/844241/20160930_121313.jpg caption=2 Posted by AK Adventures in Two Drifters | Oct 1, 2016
- Country Music Here WE ComeToday I got up in Franklin Tennessee and went to this huge mall where I spent most of the day walking around. I did end up buying a pair of jeans at Macys. Yes I will have to carry them. Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Oct 1, 2016
- Franklin Today I went down to the breakfast that was at the hotel. I was just sitting eating my breakfast when a man and his wife came and sat with me. It was crowded and all the tables were pretty full. Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Oct 1, 2016
- Santa Barbara to Huntington Beach
There is sure to be much beauty and fun awaiting us on this next leg.
Did I say beauty? Our friends in Noosa, Greg and Andrea, who moved from Santa Barbara recently, asked their good Posted by Taqui in Vancouver and America | Sep 30, 2016
- Mammoth Cave National ParkToday I took the shuttle from the hotel to the airport, where I rented a car for the next week. Amtrak does not go to Nashville. I am going to drive to Nashville and then eventually to Memphis where I Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Sep 29, 2016
- Birthdays and CampingAnother day, another birthday. Clayton and Jen have birthdays one day apart, so today it was Clayton’s. It makes it easy to celebrate.
I thought back to the day he was born, he was so little, so sweet, such a head Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Sep 29, 2016
- A Day For the BeachAfter a long afternoon and another day of driving, we made it to Cannon Beach RV Resort. Unfortunately, Jen and kids were asleep but Clayton came over for a glass of wine.
Our alarm, in the form of grandkids, came Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Sep 28, 2016
- Vancouver to VictoriaI left my aunt and uncles house in Vancouver on Friday morning Sept 16th and headed for about 40kms along to coast to the ferry port in Twassessen. Ferries run every couple of hours from the Canadian mainland to Vancouver Posted by shellhardiman in Shell On 2 Wheels | Sep 26, 2016
- Touring LouisvilleToday I walked into downtown Louisville. I went to the Louisville Slugger Factory and Store. I did not take the tour, but I could see them making the bats. I also walked around the museum. It was great, especially if Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Sep 26, 2016
- Muhammad Ali CenterToday I went to the Muhammad Ali Center. It was wonderful. I was there for 4 1/2 hours. I have included many pictures on the blog. I got a little carried away with the pictures. There was so much information Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Sep 26, 2016
- Day 21, 22, 23 - The "Sunset Limited"Amtrak's "Sunset Limited" is aptly named; we saw some amazing sunsets as we traveled between New Orleans & LA. It's a 2-day (2-night) trip, arriving in LA at the ridiculous hour of 5:30am . . . but luck would have Posted by buniconk in AMTRAK-ing (zig-zagging) AROUND AMERICA | Sep 24, 2016