- Fort Sheridan Forest PreserveI took advantage of this beautiful Sunday with temperatures in the 60's and clear skies to bird the beautiful Fort Sheridan Forest Preserve in Highwood, Illinois with a birding friend Suzanne Coleman. We had a fantastic time - thanks to Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Nov 1, 2015
- Dia De Los Muertos
We almost live in Mexico so got to enjoy some of their celebrations today. We went to a wonderful brunch with our neighbors, John and Jill, at the Double Ea Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Oct 31, 2015
- Theme Park #4 Disney Magic KingdomGetting the hang of our shuttle buses from the resort. It's early starts and late nights renting from the parks, but the days are so much fun, we will manage the two weeks. For Disney, we get taken Posted by JasRenTahJac in US holiday 2015 | Oct 31, 2015
- . . . And The Goal is Met!Remember when we started planning this trip -- way back in September?
Really, only two months ago this was a dream???
How can that be?
Well, anyway, back in September when the Stewarts began planning this trip the goal Posted by beckistewart1 in Stewart, Dean and Kint | Oct 31, 2015
- Road trip!!!!!!!!!Congratulations must go to Louise for her early rising efforts. On two occasions this holiday (including this morning), she has managed to drag herself out of bed before 7am to have fun. What a sacrifice!
This morning we were Posted by Redsole in Nani Hawaii | Oct 31, 2015
- Ladies who lunch...It's really very tough here in Hawaii. Our schedules are very full and there's no time to waste. Really very strenuous. So that's why we needed a nice long lunch today.
But first there was more shopping to be Posted by Redsole in Nani Hawaii | Oct 30, 2015
- Eyes on the prize...Once upon a time, four ladies set out on a shopping trip. But it wasn't just any shopping trip, it was a trip to the Waikele outlet mall. An assault on an outlet mall requires careful online reconnaissance, Posted by Redsole in Nani Hawaii | Oct 30, 2015
- My Virtual Trip To New YorkMy virtual trip to New York began with a visit to the Frick Collection. The Frick Collection is an art museum which houses works from some of the 'old masters'. Located in Manhattan, the house/building was oncejust a Posted by mrmerk in Mr. Merk's Virtual Travel Blog | Oct 30, 2015
- Four find the beach, and travel over and under waterAs previously mentioned we were staying on a river, Tranter's Creek that fed into an estuary nearby. This particular campsite was huge compared to our previous campgrounds but seemed to have a lot of permanent residents. These people really do Posted by Roadtrippingusa in Four go off on a road-tripping adventure | Oct 29, 2015
- Step ThreeHey guys,
3 weeks and one day in! Sorry for the late post but we had a lot stuff to do! The most important thing: our little girl is already sitting up and being very comfortable with using her hands! We Posted by Tool Box in The first steps and beyond | Oct 29, 2015
- Bumpy Start ....On Monday evening we got the unsettling news that I have a malignant melanoma on my chest. We spent the last 48 hours on calls with our friends and family members in the medical community, meeting with surgeons and oncologists, Posted by TriciaAri in Asian Honeymoon | Oct 29, 2015
- Beach bumming...Being deprived of that second Champagne Haze wasn't so bad after all. Although Juliet and Kim's ambitious plans went to the dogs, Juliet and I still got up early and went for a long walk along the beach, almost Posted by Redsole in Nani Hawaii | Oct 29, 2015
- Wind cityAfter ruffling through numerous cities in the US, almost none has really impressed me. Being an urban girl myself, city life is just the same to me anywhere – shops, shows, buildings, museums, and clubs. So I have seriously considered Posted by Chloe Dao in The Blue Days | Oct 28, 2015
- Disney WorldWow! Nothing could have prepared us for the Walt Disney World (WDW) experience. We did do a bit of planning for this part of our trip, but if we knew what we were going to - we would have done Posted by Club7Swan in Club7Swan | Oct 27, 2015
- Theme park #3 Disney Typhoon LagoonOur first Disney stop, but not your typical Disney theme park. This one was water slides and splashy fun all the way.
The floating river was the most relaxing way to get from one end of the park Posted by JasRenTahJac in US holiday 2015 | Oct 27, 2015
- Romney, West Virginia
I stitched this 2 over 2 on 28 count brown-eyed susan fabric from Chromatic Alchemy and used dmc and spun silk from fiberlicious. I absolutely loved stitching this, thank you. Posted by Holmsey Hare in Holmsey Hare's Hop | Oct 27, 2015
- Champagne haze!Up at 05:45 and fuelled up with a coffee, we loaded on to our oversized sparkly gold tourist bus with a bunch of other (mostly Aussie...go figure) tourists for a historical tour of downtown Honolulu and Pearl Harbour. Mostly Posted by Redsole in Nani Hawaii | Oct 26, 2015
- Theme park #2 LegolandToday we went to Legoland. The first thing we did was watch a 4D Lego Chima episode they even sprayed water on us during the film. next we went to the Lego mini land, they had a race car Posted by JasRenTahJac in US holiday 2015 | Oct 26, 2015
- "Do you like Pina Coladas...?"Damn right we do! Only in Hawaii though.
After a great night's sleep, we got moving at a respectable 8:30am, grabbing a coffee and jumping in a cab to the Diamond Head farmers market to eye off and Posted by Redsole in Nani Hawaii | Oct 26, 2015
- 22-24th October
It's fair to say the Tucsan is not what I was expecting. What it is not is a small town in the desert, but a city with a population of over half a million, all of whom Posted by laughingfish in Laughing Fish | Oct 25, 2015
- The End of the Civil WarOne more state . . .
Another busy couple of days . . .
More fall colors . . .
Another Civil War National Historical Park . . .
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/776176/DSCN0950.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/776176/thumb_D Posted by beckistewart1 in Stewart, Dean and Kint | Oct 25, 2015
- Gardens and GravesA long overdue family visit motivates a two week break to Virginia. We are driving and stopping in Alexandria, for several days. Alexandria, Old Town...a quaint historic city with brick-paved sidewalks, plenty of shopping including unique handmade Posted by Linda Fluckiger in Living a Dream | Oct 25, 2015
- Fox Sparrow!Before talking about the aforementioned bird that was the highlight of my day, here are some travel plans I have: Sax-Zim Bog (winter birding mecca) in northern Minnesota with my aunt and uncle during Christmas Break (definite; my Amtrak Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Oct 25, 2015
- The Wrong Trousers.What! It's snowing, too many shorts and not enough trousers, cold draughts where they shouldn't be allowed! We crossed back into the USA, the train took two hours to clear customs. On arrival we found that the weather in Buffalo Posted by Gazza Wilson in Deserts, Canyons, Mountains & Leaves | Oct 24, 2015
- HOW I GOT MY MOM CURED OF HEPATITIS B DISEASE(HBV)My mother had been diagnosed of HEPATITIS B disease 3 years ago. She had been using the interferon therapy (Peg-interferon + Ribavirin) which adversely affected her hemoglobin level as she is also thalassemic (a side effect of using the interferon Posted by GerrandL in HOW MY MOM GOT CURED OF HEPATITIS B | Oct 22, 2015