- Lake Mead-Hoover damIt's the morning after a massive day. Very hot, over 40 degrees and we went out for drive to Hoover dam wall and mead lake. Absolutely huge and amazing feat of engineering. We stopped an walked part of the historic Posted by Pearcey in TJ's and Boys Abroad | Jun 25, 2015
- Just Another Song About CaliforniaThis is gonna be a huge post, because California is a huge state. By this logic, when we finally get to Alaska for our 10 year anniversary, the post on Alaska should be a book. If you continue to follow Posted by MiriG in Post-College Stress Disorder | Jun 24, 2015
- SeattleThursday was our last day in Fairbanks and the tour. It was also my birthday. We took the local shuttle bus downtown and went to the Morris Thompson Cultural and Visitors Centre, which was recommended by the shuttle bus driver. Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Jun 24, 2015
- WalmallAs the kids are due to arrive in a few days, we finished unpacking all the materials, finalized most of the training, and are doing the last preparations. So today, as scheduled, was a day off. Not just for us, Posted by dykam in Alone in the USA | Jun 24, 2015
- Introducing campIt is now just over one week later. We've gotten to know each other, and we've gotten our training. Today the practical-training period started, where we learn the camp itself, and how to interact with the kids.
In the past ten Posted by dykam in Alone in the USA | Jun 24, 2015
- In Search of New RVTook a ride to Camping World in Ft. Myers to check out the Travel Trailers. Found one we like. A Forest River Wildwood 27RKSS. About 5 feet longer than our Fun Finder because it has couch which Posted by NewfieToo in In Search of a New RV | Jun 24, 2015
- Next stop: Costa RicaAs a few of you may know, I am going to be heading out to Costa Rica this summer! I will be working for an awesome company called Broadreach as a Wilderness Instructor on a Field Biology program for Posted by rae.lloydlever in The World is Calling and I Must Go | Jun 24, 2015
- Beginning of Summer 2015Kyle and I went to Brielle, New Jersey to visit my dad. We talked about the month long trip to turkey which I will be embarking on in two weeks!
we walked along the marina near my dad's house with Posted by goldentraveler in Stay Gold | Jun 24, 2015
- Summer 2015 is Vacation TimeWork has been all-consuming for so many months. But that will mostly be behind us now, at least very soon. I’ll try to write about working in Boston, saying goodbye to a friend one last time, and other stories. Maybe Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 24, 2015
- Road trip to LAs VegasA big day travelling. Our request for a big cab resulted in Danny Devitos lookalike driving a sedan. After much pushing and shoving of luggage we finally took off to find our car hire place. We ordered a jeep Cherokee Posted by Pearcey in TJ's and Boys Abroad | Jun 23, 2015
- Cats, cowboys and conspiracy theoriesAnother week, another flight. This time just a short hop from Louisiana to the next-door state of Texas. As in New Orleans, our time in Texas was punctuated with extreme weather; we arrived in San Antonio to flash floods and Posted by Clammy Clemmies in A Tale of Two Months | Jun 22, 2015
- Savannah The Great!!!Charming Savannah is the picture antebellum southern charm featuring oak-lined streets, some cobble streets and some of the most admired homes. Called 'The Southern Belle of the Georgia Coast,' Savannah, Georgia is enchanting, romantic, mysterious and int Posted by HappyWanderer in Travel is Good For the Soul | Jun 22, 2015
- Jesus Christ!In stark contrast to our last blog update, me and Katie have come out of hibernation and have heaps to report. We’ve been scuba diving in Key Largo, skydiving in Punta Gorda and even had a bash at hang Posted by katiejason in Katie & Jason's Round the World Trip | Jun 22, 2015
- New York (Part 3)We headed back to New York for the third time together! This was a trip that we had planned for a year in advance and we were finally going to use our seat upgrades and fly in business class!!! [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/682704/2014-11-08_13_1 Posted by RobJill in ROB and JILL's TRAVEL BLOG | Nov 14, 2014
- We are not in Kansas anymore Toto....
Well we are Day 3 in the Betson Summer House and it going swimmingly. The flights over went great. Our biggest (smug) mistake was telling the guys in Dublin with a wave Posted by Gillers in Every Summer Has A Story ............... | Jun 21, 2015
- Kids Bird Walks & Upcoming East Coast TourToday I led the two 2015 Oak Park Kids Bird Walks. It was very fun to see the kids experience the focus required for birding and be rewarded with views of some nice birds.
Because it is summer, only common breeding Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jun 21, 2015
- Vegas baby!This morning we went back to the South rim of the Grand Canyon for one last glance before leaving. It would seem we had a harder time leaving than anticipated and we ended up staying there until early afternoon. We Posted by shari36 in Post-College Stress Disorder | Jun 20, 2015
- South Side Birding & Birds of the PastYesterday (Friday, June 18) I birded with Jill Anderson in the morning in the southeast side of Chicgo to find a rarity Western Kingbird and then I met Nick Minor, a rising freshman in college who showed me around the Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jun 20, 2015
- On my way!Hi everyone!
I'm on my way to the airport, and am seeing how this works.
This page is where I'm going to be posting LOTS of photos, as well as updates on how everything's going! Posted by Fantisma in Austria Trip | Jun 20, 2015
- American Swedish Institute[center]Grandma and I spent the afternoon at the American Swedish Institute.
My grandma's sister Bev graduated from the Swedish Hospital School of Nursing and her Alumni sisters commissioned the sculptures of the nurses getting capped.
[img=http://pho Posted by ange.kay in Vägen till Sverige | Jun 20, 2015
- AlaskaWe arrived in Fairbanks on Tuesday afternoon on our third and final leg of the Wilderness Express. The view out of Denali was quite spectacular travelling along the Nenana river.
We had arrived in Denali National Park on Sunday on Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Jun 18, 2015
- Overnight to Washington, DCDD2 was born in January 2014. We have taken a couple of brief trips since then, but I have not had the chance to get these posts up until now.
Our first trip as a family of four happened last Posted by amikulski in Toddler Travels | Jun 17, 2015
- First Blog EverI am practicing writing a blog. We'll see if I succeed! Posted by MeganVirginia in Europe 2015 | Jun 17, 2015
- Out of the frying pan, into the fireBack to civilisation… sort of. I'm not sure New Orleans, or at least the French Quarter, can be considered 'civilised'.
We arrived in the muggy heat of late evening and went straight to the oldest bar in New Orleans: LaFitte’s Posted by Clammy Clemmies in A Tale of Two Months | Jun 17, 2015
- I've been through the desert on a horse with no nameWe woke up this morning and found ourselves in Las Cruces, New Mexico. I started out the day by going hunting for coffee while Miriam showered. You know it's a college town when all the coffee shops are open till Posted by shari36 in Post-College Stress Disorder | Jun 16, 2015