- Countdown to world adventure!In less than 30 days, I'll be flying to Norway & Iceland. I'll be going with my dear work buddy, Mr. International, Nixon.
The skeleton of our plan has been laid out. We fly into Oslo, take a train to Stockholm, Posted by mgilliford in Nixon & Mary | Aug 31, 2015
- Day Six - Anchorage in Lock-downClear sky and sharp breeze welcomed us for today's visit to Anchorage Downtown. Bus fare for all-day travel for two Seniors is just $5. All that was needed was our proof of ID. The trip into the Posted by greynomadm in 2015-08 Alaska | Aug 31, 2015
- 31st August 2015It's been a long 24+ hours but we have managed to arrive in New York City safely at about 7:00am this morning.
We caught a taxi to our hotel, Radio City Apartments, in midtown Manhattan, very close to the Radio Posted by JimmyAndo1 in USA Trip 2015 | Aug 31, 2015
- The Big SurThe Big Sur is a 90 mile stretch of rugged coast where the Santa Lucia Mountains drop steeply down to the Pacific Ocean. Highway 1 winds its way south right next to the water making for a spectacular road trip. Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Aug 31, 2015
- Hitting the coastLighthouse loving, hot tub bathers wanted for Pigeon Point Hostel!! This was the advert for our first nights accommodation on the West Coast. Yes please! We sat in the hot tub with the sea swirling below, the seals sunbathing on Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Aug 31, 2015
- Day Five - Anchorage, AlaskaThe last hour or so of our flight into Anchorage was spent with the cabin locked down due to predicted turbulence. It didn't eventuate. Landed and disembarked into a quite modern and spacious airport building. Found and Posted by greynomadm in 2015-08 Alaska | Aug 30, 2015
- Day Four - North to AlaskaPacked up and left the room about 11:00. Handed in the 'keys' and waited for the booked 'Speedie Shuttle'. The van was fully loaded but there was enough room for us.
The driver dropped us off outside Posted by greynomadm in 2015-08 Alaska | Aug 30, 2015
- San FranciscoSarah might have mentioned in the previous blog that after Yosemite we were absolutely shattered! I didn't intend quite such a full on schedule but this seems to happen when I plan walks. We had to turn down the crazy Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Aug 30, 2015
- Yosemite Clouds Rest, Half Dome and Panorama Trail I'm lucky enough to have been to Yosemite once before on a month long Hudson family US trip just after my GCSEs. My clearest memories were of a brilliant canoe trip down the river, a beautiful little chapel in a Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Aug 30, 2015
- A Week of Autumn MigrationThis "autumn" or "fall" migration we speak of is really quite an enigmatic term - southbound bird migration in the latter half of the year actually occurs in Illiois from early JULY all the way to late NOVEMBER! (for us Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Aug 30, 2015
- Italy 201514 days In Italy with only a carry on. Yep the decision has been made to only take carry on and then the planning began. How many pairs of pants, shirts, shoes.......and undergarments. After Posted by barbjean in Wanderlust | Aug 30, 2015
- Through Death Valley and onto Yosemite!We had a big drive today so we set off early and drove the 4 hours to the Hoover Dam. I knew it was a tourist destination but I hadn't expected it to be quite so busy. The full dam Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Aug 30, 2015
- Post MortemI'm not sure how to wrap up this series of posts, or how to describe the entire 23 days in a simple "elevator speech." I can say for sure that, as much as I adore travelling, three weeks is always Posted by OhMissLia in Gingerbread Girl - can't catch me! | Aug 30, 2015
- ANCHE A SAN FRANCISCO NON SCHERZANO!Beh a quanto pare non è solo usanza cinese mangiare robe strane...anche a San Francisco non si scherza!!!!
Guardate cos'ho trovato in una negozio di dolci?
Si si av Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Aug 30, 2015
- Our Last Few Days in New YorkWe landed to blue skies and sunshine and 25 degrees which is more like what we are used to, not the cloud of Chicago.
Yesterday (Friday) was our first full day of relaxing. We took the subway to the Yankee stadium Posted by RickAdderley in Route 66 | Aug 30, 2015
- The big tripsThe real deal. The trip with the kids. Weeks of build up, days of preparation.
Girls first, and there were a lot of them. We were split into 5 groups of up to 12 members each, with 4 counselors and up Posted by dykam in Alone in the USA | Aug 29, 2015
- Ten years onSam
Ten years ago to the day, Hurricane Katrina made landfall a few miles south of where I'm writing this. There are still signs of its impacts, but this weekend the city is out to prove how resilient its residents have Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Aug 29, 2015
- The Grand CanyonAlong our road trip so far we'd met quite a lot of people who asked us excitedly if we'd been to the Grand Canyon. I hadn't and it was hard to know what to expect from a gigantic hole, how Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Aug 29, 2015
- Official start of vacation!Once I finished up my work day and we got Lauren on her flight, we decided to grab something to eat. While initially hesitant, Eric was finally open minded to trying "Chicken and Waffles". Shake your head as you may, Posted by Kemnitzer in Europe 2015 | Aug 29, 2015
- Seattle Lives Up to Its ReputationWell we got here despite all evidence to the contrary, even a few hours before we left home!!
As this is my first time back blogging on here I'm a bit rusty and the internet connection up here in Alaska Posted by OwenGadflies in Go North East, New Retirees | Aug 29, 2015
- Day Three - Zero StressEased into the day and even managed to snap some images of the rising sun. Didn't expend too much energy, just stepped out the door. Spent some time attending to emails and catching up to the latest news Posted by greynomadm in 2015-08 Alaska | Aug 28, 2015
- Vegas (take two)Sam
Caroline skilfully drove us down from the cool Grand Canyon to the hot, hot desert around Hoover Dam. The dam was on our way back to Vegas, and came highly recommended by a friend from Melbourne.
It's a pretty spectacular feat Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Aug 28, 2015
- A Cocktail and a GunfightFive years ago, I had been first exposed to the good storytelling from the TV show 'Bonanza'. Later, on a trip to Lake Tahoe, we went to Virginia City, Nevada (the town from Bonanza) for a night.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/716572/VC_ponde Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | Aug 28, 2015
- Here we go again.....[right]28 August 2015[/right]
==One week and counting....==
Yes, we're traveling again. Actually this year it feels as if we haven't stopped moving. I was going to blog our trip in the spring which was a road trip back east, Posted by pjburke in It's the Journey....not the Destination | Aug 28, 2015
- Resting and relaxing in ChicagoWe have been in Chicago for one evening and 2 whole days to rest and relax after our ride staying in the Hard Rock hotel on Michigan Avenue. On Tuesday 25th we made up for our lack of ice cream Posted by RickAdderley in Route 66 | Aug 28, 2015