- Day Two - Recovery in HonoluluSlept late and did very little. Spent part of the morning recharging the Kindles and the phones. Tried to stick the suction hooks on the wall of the shower - total failure after three attempts, gave up. Posted by greynomadm in 2015-08 Alaska | Aug 27, 2015
- The aptly-named canyonWritten by Caroline
After a long drive from Bryce Canyon we arrived at the Grand Canyon. The views were as spectacular as anticipated. It's really big (see below).
We checked out Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Aug 27, 2015
- Scenes from the roadHere are some scenes from the road and rest stops in Wyoming:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/716572/mtns_te Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | Aug 27, 2015
- Adventure Day!
One last hike before we leave on our trip! We picked this particular trek because we heard the end of the hike was pretty similar to the Narrows in Zion National Park. Si Posted by Kemnitzer in Europe 2015 | Aug 23, 2015
- Making Our Way to the BorderEver onward. So we had to be in Seattle for lunch, maybe a late lunch, but lunch nevertheless.
Dale’s cousin suggested that we meet in the parking lot of a mall, a mall that is likely the most deserted mall Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Aug 26, 2015
- Day One - Canberra to HonoluluG'day Friends and Followers
Just a brief note to let you know that we've arrived and have settled into the 'hotel'. Strange set-up with the reception in one building and our accommodation in another complex about two blocks down the Posted by greynomadm in 2015-08 Alaska | Aug 26, 2015
- Bridger Ridge Run 2015The night before, I had to sleep in my own bed away from my wife and dogs. The 4:40 am alarm in the morning needed as few interruptions of my sleep as possible. Not knowing exactly what to Posted by andykrause13 in Runs Around Montana | Aug 26, 2015
- Grand Teton National Park
On Monday we drove around Grand Teton National Park. It has a different landscape than Yellowstone. We stopped a few times along the Teton Park Road.
[img=http://photos.traveller Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | Aug 25, 2015
- YellowstoneSomewhere around 37 years ago, my summer vacation took place in a family-camper-van we borrowed from my Uncle Sol, and my dad drove it from Los Angeles to Yellowstone National Park. All I remember is: 1) Old Faithful geyser, and Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | Aug 25, 2015
- Hoodoo GurusWe spent less than 24 hours at Bryce Canyon, but it was fairly eventful.
We started with the "award-winning" introductory video at the visitors' centre. It mentioned summer thunderstorms in passing, but gave little warning of their suddenness or intens Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Aug 25, 2015
- Sonoma to Oregon CityWe spent a small portion of Sunday in Sonoma; another wine pick-up party with great food and great wines. Sitting outside, drinking wine, eating fun foods and listening to music is a really great way to spend a Sunday!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Aug 25, 2015
- Route 66 OverviewWe wrote most of this sat in LAX waiting for our 1030 flight back to Chicago.
15 days ago we started our trip of a lifetime, we’ve had such a wonderful time and adventure riding a Harley Davidson Electra glide for Posted by RickAdderley in Route 66 | Aug 25, 2015
- 2015 Happy Trails - Week 01 to Week 03==Branson, MO==
===Sunday, July 19===
We said goodbye to our little Happy Trails camp site with its beautiful sunsets and goodbye to the blue birds in the bird house next to the storage cabin.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/770013/180_201 Posted by JudyandTim2015 in Happy Trails To You, Until We Meet Again | Aug 24, 2015
- The small tripsThe Monday two weeks in was the day of our first canoe trip day with the boys camp. The day before we drove around, bringing the canoes on trailers to our starting points. And because of a full schedule, the Posted by dykam in Alone in the USA | Aug 23, 2015
- The Promised LandWritten by Sam
(Caroline will write one soon, promise, but she has been doing a lot of driving)
When we left you last, we were driving to Zion, and now we're driving out. But we had a great day and a Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Aug 23, 2015
- Day 14 Victorville to Santa Monica Pier, Los AngelesToday was our last day. We left Victorville at 0810 to blue skies and sunshine riding in T shirts. We arrived at City Walk, Universal Studios, Hard Rock cafe at 1000 to buy our usual T shirt, badges and magnets.
From Posted by RickAdderley in Route 66 | Aug 23, 2015
- Old Friends, Good WineOne plus of a road trip is being able to stop when and where we want, see friends, make a detour, eat in a restaurant or in the RV, turn around and go back home.
Once I knew that I had Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Aug 23, 2015
- The day the campers arrivedI just realized that I hadn't written about camp itself basically since the start. So what happened those first few days?
Well, the day before the kids would arrive, all their luggage was shipped in (literally, we're across a lake). And Posted by dykam in Alone in the USA | Aug 23, 2015
- A Trip Through BighornWe left Sheridan early in the morning and took highway 14 towards Cody, our stop for the night. This takes us through some of the most incredible country I've seen on our trip. Quickly we enter Bighorn National Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | Aug 22, 2015
- Kankakee Area with the Illinois Young BirdersToday my dad and I went on a field trip with the Illinois Young Birders Club to the Kankakee region of eastern Illinois in search of migrant shorebirds and other avian goodies. It was a gorgeous day with sunny skies Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Aug 22, 2015
- Flagstaff Basecamp!
We found a trail outside of Sedona that looks awesome. It's often compared to the Narrows in Zion. While we easily could have driven up Sunday morning, we decided to ta Posted by Kemnitzer in Europe 2015 | Aug 22, 2015
- 20th August
And so we a have come full circle, arriving back at New York via Connecticut.
After queuing in city traffic for some time, (just to remind us of the M25 back home), we finally cross t Posted by laughingfish in Laughing Fish | Aug 22, 2015
- Day 13 Laughlin to VictorvilleThis is our penultimate day today.
We left the Casino resort in Laughlin, Nevada, at 0810 this morning and the temperatures were already in the upper 20’s! So we were in T shirts from the start. We managed to stay off Posted by RickAdderley in Route 66 | Aug 22, 2015
- Williams to Laughlin via the Mohave desertWe are writing this a day late as we couldn't get internet access yesterday evening when we finished in Laughlin.
We left Williams at 0810 this morning which is the earliest we have managed to leave in the morning. Our first Posted by RickAdderley in Route 66 | Aug 22, 2015
- South Dakota Air & Space MuseumSaturday, 8/22, we got up early to be at the Sears Auto Center by 8 AM to have the new tires installed. All went well there and we were out by 9:30 on our way to the South Posted by 4adventure in Canada 2015 | Aug 22, 2015