- Washington DC Today we went by bus to Washington DC it was a long day and due to 9/11 celebrations still occuring we did have a few changes to our itinerary but overall seen everything as planned.
We visited capitol hill , Posted by rohanbrown in Our journeys | Sep 13, 2015
- 15th September 2015Today we were up early so that we could get ready for our final travel leg to Honolulu. We were up and ready by 7:45am and we drove down to the Kona Coffee House which was just past the Kona Posted by JimmyAndo1 in USA Trip 2015 | Sep 16, 2015
- Rainy day in Las Vegas.Think 'rainy night in Georgia' but substitute the lyrics with 'rainy day in Las Vegas'. We seem to have the rain following us around, that's the effect of Brits abroad for you. Our last night in Phoenix Arizona was interrupted Posted by Gazza Wilson in Deserts, Canyons, Mountains & Leaves | Sep 15, 2015
- 2015 Happy Trails - Week 05===Sunday, August 16===
We were able to change our registration at the Raccoon Creek State Park from our non-electric site to a nice flat site with both shade and electric today but before the new site was vacated my sister Posted by JudyandTim2015 in Happy Trails To You, Until We Meet Again | Sep 15, 2015
- A Different Way to Travel, Seattle at Seven KnotsMy dad was lucky enough to find a lovely lady to share his life with after my mama died. I'm also lucky because that means I'm now part of a gracious and fun family in Seattle. My new little brother, Posted by MBaker in Freedom in an RV6 | Sep 15, 2015
- Day Twenty - KetchikanThe water has been so calm it is difficult to determine if we're even moving. Very few clouds as we sailed up the Revillagigedo Channel to Ketchikan gave promise for a great day. Local rainfall is in excess Posted by greynomadm in 2015-08 Alaska | Sep 15, 2015
- 14th September 2015This morning we were up at 8:00am to get ready for another big day. As we were eating breakfast and getting the final things organised, we watched a movie. When we finally set off for the northern part of Big Posted by JimmyAndo1 in USA Trip 2015 | Sep 15, 2015
- General WashingtonSam
Yesterday morning we went to the Newseum, a very cleverly-named journalism museum. Original front pages from historic moments, powerful Vietnam War and 9/11 galleries, interactive exhibits, Pulitzer Prize-winning photographs and a 3D movie e Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Sep 14, 2015
- Visit to one world trade , 9/11 memorialOn September the 11th public is not allowed to visit any part of this area until after 3:00 PM
We originally had tickets booked for one world trade for 9:00 AM but were asked to change them which we did
I Posted by rohanbrown in Our journeys | Sep 11, 2015
- Statue of Liberty and Times square sep 10th 2015After spending most of the 9th September in transit to New York we started the day heading to the statue of Liberty . It was a very overcast and wet start to the day but it was around 23C so Posted by rohanbrown in Our journeys | Sep 10, 2015
- Day Nineteen - JuneauAnother one of those line-ball mornings. Will it or won't it rain today?? So we dressed in layers and stepped off the ship. Luck was with us, the bus driver was a vivacious young lady with a Posted by greynomadm in 2015-08 Alaska | Sep 14, 2015
- Rocky Mountain High, Mountain FlyingThis was the leg of the trip that worried me. I mean mountains, for golly's sake, where do you land if you have problems? Gary had been a good kid, and done his research. He'd read books on mountain flying, Posted by MBaker in Freedom in an RV6 | Sep 14, 2015
- 13th September 2015Today I had more of a sleep in and woke up at 9:30am. When I woke up, I found out that everyone else was sitting in the living room waiting for the Men's Final of the US Open to start. Posted by JimmyAndo1 in USA Trip 2015 | Sep 14, 2015
- Chalk Horse! / CardinalsProbably didn't see the best of Sedona as we only used it as a stopover, stunning views on the way in and out, and it looks like there is much more to the place than an overnight stop allows for, Posted by Gazza Wilson in Deserts, Canyons, Mountains & Leaves | Sep 15, 2015
- 2nd Oak Park Bird Walk of Autumn!A very lively group of nine birders joined me on this beautiful Sunday for the second Oak Park Bird Walk of this autumn.
A locally impressive total of three woodpeckers were seen during the walk, including the eastern "Yellow-shafted" subspecies of Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Sep 13, 2015
- Getting ReadyHi,
I am getting ready to go to the Joyce Meyer Women's Conference on Thursday. I will fly out of the Akron Canton airport at 5:55 AM and arrive at 9:30 in St. Louis. I am flying through Atlanta. I will Posted by Dianelouise40 in Joyce Women's Conference | Sep 13, 2015
- Driving Down the 395Another long day of driving, we wanted to make it to Bishop in order to backpack on Tues. Alas, it was not to be. Best to just take the journey in stride.
On Monday, we had a tire blowout on the Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Sep 13, 2015
- Day Eighteen - SkagwayCold, windy and a strong hint of rain as we berthed in Skagway. A simple breakfast and collected our gear for today's shore excursion. At 08:50 we found our tour bus (coach) on the pier alongside the ship. Posted by greynomadm in 2015-08 Alaska | Sep 13, 2015
- New York - Day 17We had a beautiful sail into New York City this morning.
Here we are sailing under the Verrazano Bridge.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/660648/948D2460F8B16C6 Posted by Cybercsp in Crystal Cruise - Amsterdam to New York | Sep 13, 2015
- Arriving Las Vegas!All packed and set off for Heathrow just before 11. Used Heathrow T5 long stay parking but, after 5 mins trying to find a spot, spoke to reception office and they gave us an upgrade to the short stay car Posted by slloyd111 in M&S Travels | Aug 22, 2015
- 12th September 2015Today I had an early start to the day. Dad, George and I woke up at 6:30am to watch Manchester United play Liverpool. The first half was quite boring but in the second half, 4 goals were scored. Fortunately, Manchester Posted by JimmyAndo1 in USA Trip 2015 | Sep 13, 2015
As Sam said in the last post, we made it to Washington safely. However, things became more complicated once we disembarked from the Greyhound bus. As we were waiting for a metro train at Union Station, people on the platform Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Sep 12, 2015
- Shopping Ain't Always Easy:So having been stunned by those amazing cathedrals of ice and snow that are Alaska’s glaciers in the earlier part of our Alaskan cruise, for the next 3 days on the boat (so Posted by OwenGadflies in Go North East, New Retirees | Sep 12, 2015
- Day Seventeen - Glacier BayToday was all about glaciers and we selected a forward position in the Horizon Court Buffet to ensure a good vantage point. The forecast was for rain and wind and fog, almost a repeat of yesterday.
We watched the National Posted by greynomadm in 2015-08 Alaska | Sep 12, 2015
- Day at Sea - Day 16Our final day at sea
The morning weather was quite promising, but by noon, the ship began to rock again, and at 5:30 PM, this was the view from the window in the Palm Court. Tonight's pre-dinner cocktails were accompanied Posted by Cybercsp in Crystal Cruise - Amsterdam to New York | Sep 12, 2015