- Photoblog: Autumn falling in New England
[center]Walden Pond, Concord, Massachusetts[/center]
[img=http://photos.travel Posted by BillLehane in Silly Billy | Oct 11, 2013
- Mounment ValleyGreat day in Monument Valley. This amazing place is held by the Native Americans that we call Navajo.
We chose a guided tour as the RV could not cope with the dirt road and inclines we needed to traverse.
We Posted by Kath.Iain in Our USA Trip | Oct 9, 2013
- San Francisco, CA
The train to San Francisco was smooth, on time and had beautiful scenery. Amtrak was almost back in our good books. We came through thick fog on the Golden Gate bridge, it was like a pl Posted by chiaramichael in 111 Days | Oct 10, 2013
- Portland, OR
We were staying in a hostel here, the HI, spread over a few typical Portland-esque properties in NW which is a really nice area. Mainly because all air bnbs were out of our price range! Posted by chiaramichael in 111 Days | Oct 10, 2013
- San FranciscoWe are now installed in Berkley at the guesthouse right at the top of campus and it is lovely and sunny and only a week before we wing our way home.
America of course has a government shut down but won't Posted by sallysleigh in Sally and Jamie in Oxford and elsewhere | Oct 10, 2013
- Getting ReadyA few months ago, Jenn came to me and said - so "how do you feel about driving a barge?"
Soon, she was telling me that she, Brian, and her family were renting a canal boat to cruise the Erie Posted by EriePirates in Cruising The Erie Canal | Oct 10, 2013
- Sterling, UTIt was another scenic drive from Moab to Sterling. We stopped at several viewpoints on the way just to take it all in.
San Rafael R Posted by scpurvis in 2013 Western U.S. Loop | Oct 10, 2013
- Giddy Up Yippee Ki EyAs I have mentioned before, horses terrify me. Spending time in their presence is not my ideal pastime but as I was firmly in cowboy territory it was time to saddle up, and once again do something I was entirely Posted by The Tipsy Gipsy in The Tipsy Gipsy | Oct 10, 2013
- Pt. Reyas to Ft. BraggToday we drove to Ft. Bragg. There were no National Parks so no closed signs.
First Stop Bodega Bay and Bodega Head State Park
Goat Rock Beach Sonoma Coast State Park
[img=htt Posted by Kris-Court in Fall Trip 2013 | Oct 9, 2013
- Back to the RedwoodsAnd now the trip truly begins.
I spent almost three weeks at an organic farm, helping take care of the plants, and trimming some produce. Totally not working illegaly. Or on something illegal. Totally not. I would never get involved Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Oct 19, 2013
- Lower ManhattanIt's the last Sunday of my around the world trip and time for the last big item on my bucket list - Lower Manhattan. I had already explored [[http://francisworldtrip.travellerspoint.com/136/|Mid Manhattan]] and the [[http://francisworldtrip.travell Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Jun 9, 2013
- To Smoke and Can SalmonSmoking salmon to jar in small tin cans is a good way to preserve, transport, and share the fish. I use a common "Little Chief" smoker for lack of a more serious smokehouse, and metal cans for the advantage of Posted by cazvan in No Parking | Oct 9, 2013
- San Francisco to Point ReyesCoit Tower
Views from Coit Tower
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/625771/20131006_S..cisco3_006 Posted by Kris-Court in Fall Trip 2013 | Oct 9, 2013
- Would You Believe - More Shopping????Today, we hit what's apparently the only outlet store in LA. Two buses and a short walk, and around 90 minutes after we left the motel, we arrive at the Citadel outlet mall in Commerce City.
(Courtney: check out www.citadeloutlets.com Posted by AndiNZ in USA, USA! | Oct 8, 2013
- The beast - our RV
The trick has been keeping it on the right side of the road!!
Posted by Kath.Iain in Our USA Trip | Oct 7, 2013
- a UROC VolunteerSaturday, September 28th was the Ultra Race of Champions 100k event hosted by [[https://www.badtothebone.biz/|Bad to the Bone Endurance Sports]]. The race started in Breckenridge (in front of the new Vertical Runner shop!), and continued through to the t Posted by stlefferts in dusty roads | Oct 8, 2013
- Slide Rock Park - SedonaWhile not on our original itinerary but the boys sure loved this cool Arizona state park that we found. Called Slide Rock it is a creek at the base of a canyon that is used for "white water body surfing". Posted by Kath.Iain in Our USA Trip | Oct 8, 2013
- Kath's BirthdayWe have had a great day today. Although there was a lot of travelling we also saw some great stuff.
Started out in Sedona - heading through a canyon. Different to other canyons we have seen because it had a lot Posted by Kath.Iain in Our USA Trip | Oct 8, 2013
- Moab, UTWe had about a 4 1/2 hour drive from Park City to Moab. Snow was predicted for today in Park City and they were right. We even hit some flurries driving south. A nice drive even Posted by scpurvis in 2013 Western U.S. Loop | Oct 8, 2013
- Campervanning with some crazy Folk
We left the bright lights of Las Vegas behind for the wilderness. It seems that somehow we had all signed up to spend 10 days in this...
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/509516/ Posted by ladiesofleisure in A year or so of Misadventure and fun | Oct 7, 2013
- The Sixth Grade AmbassadorGreetings...
I have started my next project. Several weeks ago, a friend of mine who teaches sixth grade came to me and told me she wanted to do a project called, "Where in the World is Thom?" I thought it was Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Oct 7, 2013
- Diversion in the Low Country: Persephone in CharlestonIt was a genteel thought: male citizens did not, as a norm, carry firearms on Sundays. Deference to the Lord Almighty. God was, or might have been one hundred percent in control during those particular 24 hours. Posted by apersephone in The Sweet Bag of the Busy Bee | Oct 7, 2013
- Funky R&B thrills at the Celt Pub & Grill[float=left][/float] I’ll be gettin’ my R&B thrills at the [[http://www.celtpub.com|Celt Pub & Grill]] Thursday, Oct. 10. My Buddha of the offbeat, [[http://www.celtpub.com/content/saul-c Posted by davidmutticlark in Searchin' for Soul | Oct 7, 2013
- The Jersey Shore after Hurricane SandyNew Jersey is best known for the seaside resorts along its Atlantic Coast affectionately known as "the Shore". I'd seen [[http://francisworldtrip.travellerspoint.com/139/|Cape May the Southern Jersey Shore]] the previous week and it was now time fo Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Jun 8, 2013
- RV dinner
Is it okay . . . to have red wine and cereal for dinner??
Well it was after 9:30 when we finally got set up in a camp ground for our first night in the RV camper. So Posted by Kath.Iain in Our USA Trip | Oct 6, 2013