- Day 6: Rocks and Buttes: the Skyscrapers of the Desert
We started the day mingling with the local wildlife as we filled up our tank in preparation for a long drive ahead. The flock of turkeys was just a few feet from the gas station!
[i Posted by aswoger in Improvised Wanderlust | Apr 26, 2016
- New York City - ReviewSo 7 Tage NYC. Cool wars und dann doch schnell rum. Die Stadt hat doch echt viel zu bieten und ist unglaublich eindrucksvoll.
So nun zu den Facts & Figures:
Unser Apartment haben wir via TripAdvisor gebucht und das war mit knapp Posted by AngieAndMichi in Angie and Michael on tour | Apr 26, 2016
- Day Trip, Indian Wells Art ShowA good friend of mine, Gregg Albracht is a professional photographer and stays at our house when he comes to Vegas. Gregg has changed his focus from regular landscape& horse photography to a more artsy, abstract type of photos. He Posted by vegasmike6 in Mike's Adventures | Apr 24, 2016
- Oak Park Bird Walk & Blackburnian Warbler!Today was an awesome day of spring migration! I managed to photograph many migrant birds which can be found very close to home in Oak Park. I LOVE migration because anything can show up anywhere!
Just before leading an Oak Park Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Apr 24, 2016
- April 23 - DUTCH HARBOR, ALASKA
After three days, crossing from Russia, we glided into the Port of Dutch Harbor in the peaceful pre-dawn hours. The Bering Sea is to our north, the Pacific Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 7 | Apr 24, 2016
- Philadelphia!So nach einer wundervollen und interessanten Woche in New York ging es nun am Donnerstag weiter nach Philadelphia! Wir dachten uns, dass wir unserem Urlaub ein wenig spannender gestalten wollen und haben die recht kurze Fahrt nach Philly mit dem Posted by AngieAndMichi in Angie and Michael on tour | Apr 24, 2016
- Family Time in Fort BidwellWhen our granddaughter Christabel first decided to open a café, in their new hometown of Fort Bidwell, I told her that we’d give her a weekend of work. That we’d wash dishes, cook or do what was needed. That would Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Apr 23, 2016
- Watching Woodcocks!Today, as well as leading the Thatcher Woods bird walk in the morning (see previous post), I attended the Illinois Young Birders' Club field trip to look for American Woodcocks at Air Station Prairie in the evening.
The Metra dropped me Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Apr 23, 2016
- Day 5: Mesa Verde and the Million Dollar Highway
We woke up late this morning and had an eight hour scenic drive ahead of us, so we were a bit panicked as we headed towards Mesa Verde National Park a few miles down the road from Posted by aswoger in Improvised Wanderlust | Apr 23, 2016
- Day 4: Every Season and Every Color All Across New Mexico
We woke up early this morning so we could have enough time to explore Taos Pueblo before heading out.
Unfortunately, even after a complimentary breakfast at the hotel (made to order M Posted by aswoger in Improvised Wanderlust | Apr 23, 2016
- A Week of Migration & 2nd ILYB Thatcher Woods Walk!This week has proved to be an intense week, with everything from an AP psychology final exam to this spring's first real wave of migrants coming through Oak Park. This post also includes a recap of today's young birder walk Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Apr 23, 2016
- Day 3: A Volkswagen Graveyard, Dusty Roads, and Starry Skies
Today we chased the sun across the sky as we headed due West across the state of Texas. With a friend to make the drive with me from here on out, the long hours in the car Posted by aswoger in Improvised Wanderlust | Apr 23, 2016
- Day 2: Dilly-dallying in Dallas
I made sure to start my morning off right by loading up the hotel's complimentary breakfast supplies into my food box for later use. This not only made me feel better about spending the money on a hotel for the Posted by aswoger in Improvised Wanderlust | Apr 22, 2016
- Day 1: The Long Haul to the Longhorn State
I began my month long journey around the United States the same way I begin anything: unprepared and ridiculously late. I had originally planned to leave on the afternoon of March 8th, Posted by aswoger in Improvised Wanderlust | Apr 22, 2016
- Sunset Beach at SunsetAfter all of the keeping up with kids, Dale and I were happy to have a couple of days to ourselves.
We left the South Beach campground on Sunday and drove south on Hwy 101. This is the coast highway in Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Apr 21, 2016
- A Cold Pre-Easter Oregon BeachIt was cold and cloudy on Saturday morning but kids work up early and started playing outside as if it were a warm summer day. We had 5 young grandkids camping: 3 boys – 3, 6 and 8; and 2 Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Apr 20, 2016
- Drei weitere Tage in New YorkSo, nachdem die letzten Abende bei uns spät wurden, kommen hier drei Tage am Stück. Ist ein bisschen viel, aber was soll man schon machen :D
Der erste richtig sonnige Sonntag des Frühlings, und wir erlebten ihn wie richtige New Yorker. Posted by AngieAndMichi in Angie and Michael on tour | Apr 19, 2016
- Camping at South BeachOn Friday, after the park, we returned to our RV, packed it up and headed for the South Beach State Park. http://southcoastoregon.com/ Clayton/Jen and kids, Justin/Christine and kids and Dale and I all had reservations for campsites. The Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Apr 18, 2016
- New York City part 1
Touch-down at JFK and Silky had rolled out the red carpet for us. Not really of course, we got to his and Hannah's apartment on the Upper East Side and after ringing the doorbell 5 or 6 Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Apr 18, 2016
- Cruise Ship Personnel Took His Power Strip?You may have heard of the cruise lines confiscating booze from those attempting to smuggle spirits onboard. But, what about power strips? #headscratch
I've been on several cruises to date and on four different cruise lines. After the first cruis Posted by Cpt_Ron in The Captain's Xpressions | Apr 18, 2016
- Oregon In the SpringtimeWe’ve been to the Oregon Coast before, but it was years ago, when we took Dale’s parents to a family reunion in Coos bay. We haven’t been back even though it was quite beautiful.
Our daughter-in-law, Jen decided that they would Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Apr 17, 2016
- Cat Care - Everything You Need To Know
Cats are often viewed as feminine animals, but the truth is that there are plenty of cats perfect for becoming mans next best friend. Different breeds and bloodlines make an impact on how your new cat looks, behaves, and is Posted by animalspeak in Animal Speak | Apr 17, 2016
- Thatcher Woods Bird Walk!On this beautiful April day, Sunday the 17th, I led the first of three Oak Park Kids - Illinois Young Birders' Bird Walks held at Thatcher Woods Forest Preserve this spring. The others will meet at the parking lot west Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Apr 17, 2016
- The Grand Old Opry
Curt and I had our ninth anniversary this week so we decided to celebrate with an overnight stay at the Gaylord Opryland Resort in Nashville and a visit to the Grand Old Opr Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Apr 16, 2016
- Der zweite Tag in New York CityNach den unglaublich eindrucksvollen Eindrücken der Hochhäuser gestern fing der zweite Tag ganz anders an. Gott sei Dank nicht, was das Wetter betrifft. Die Sonne scheint in New York City natürlich nur für uns, es soll nämlich die ganze Woche Posted by AngieAndMichi in Angie and Michael on tour | Apr 16, 2016