- USA 2014 Part I[img=http://photos. Posted by Anahera in Sarah is traveling the world... | Sep 4, 2016
- Yellowstone and the Wonders of Mother NatureSunday, day 47: the plan was to drive to Yellowstone as quickly as possible, but we knew we would not make it in one day, so we were just going to drive and see where we’d end up. On our Posted by DutchiesAbroad in Roadtrip USA 2016 | Sep 3, 2016
- Jackson Hole, WyomingI have always known of [[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackson_Hole|Jackson Hole]] and [[http://www.jhnewsandguide.com/|Jackson, Wyoming]]. However, I didn't really know anything about it.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/510746/One_ Posted by pscotterly in North by Northwest | Sep 3, 2016
- Islands and Ferries in the Pacific NorthwestWe had made it all the way to Ellensburg an hour east of Seattle and Sam and I had to do some decision making: what would we like to see and do in the next couple of days and in Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Sep 3, 2016
- BLASTING OFF . . . ALWAYS A CHALLENGE!This trip has been planned & all reservations completed since January 2016 = 8 months ago.
We blocked out Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday with no scheduled appointments or activities, and we booked a hotel in Pasco so we Posted by buniconk in AMTRAK-ing (zig-zagging) AROUND AMERICA | Aug 31, 2016
- 16. Mountains and lakes and a veggie camp feast in Yosemite Monday 22nd
I had quite a good sleep and woke up at 5.30 heading to the showers before anyone else was up, they were fab showers for a campsite. Breakfast was an everything bagel with peanut butter on and Posted by cazbatt in American Adventures | Sep 2, 2016
- 15. Giving super hot Death Valley a miss
We're not meeting until 8 today so it was a lay in day in a comfortable bed - well it would have been if'd my delightful mother hadn't sent me a lovely Facebook message at my 5.45am when I'd Posted by cazbatt in American Adventures | Sep 2, 2016
- 14. Flip flopping round Vegas and the ridesSaturday 20th August
It was nice waking up in a proper bed this morning, although I was still wide awake at 6.30, I had to pack up all my stuff again because Lisanne was leaving today so I'm going to be Posted by cazbatt in American Adventures | Sep 2, 2016
- 13. Vegas babyFriday 19th August
Early morning rise this morning, we're off to Vegas - woop woop!! I am sad to be leaving the Grand Canyon though, it's amazing here and I could easily spend another week just exploring and doing more Posted by cazbatt in American Adventures | Sep 2, 2016
- Along Routes 93, 26, and a Few Others
I have visited my friends in Stevensville, Montana several times, but have never visited the local museums. I was too early for the county museum.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint. Posted by pscotterly in North by Northwest | Sep 2, 2016
- Through the Rockies on our way to the Pacific NorthwestOur plan was to leave Yellowstone via the Northeast Exit and to drive along the Beartooth Highway. We had already gotten that recommendation from the French couple we had met in Loreto, once more from Ralf in Zion and it Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Sep 1, 2016
- Traffic jams in fascinating YellowstoneWe left the Grand Tetons early in the morning, as we wanted to have a chance to get a spot for the next two nights at the first come – first serve campground at Lewis Lake. The last two days Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Aug 31, 2016
- 1st Oak Park Bird Walk of the seasonThe first walk of the season was successful today, and we had a few nice birds including this beautiful CAPE MAY WARBLER:
And this SWAINSON'S THRUSH:
[img=http Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Aug 31, 2016
- August 15 to August 19, 2016
As with the other four lakes we’ve visited this summer, authorization for construction of the Norfork dam was included as part of the flood control act of June 28, 1938; it was to be one of six dams Posted by JudyandTim2015 in Happy Trails To You - 2016 | Aug 30, 2016
- Oak Park Bird SurveysJust a quick note today, this year for a year-long school project I will doing bird surveys every weekend here in Oak Park until next May to study the relationship between weather/climate and bird presence/activity. The project will be chronicled Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Aug 30, 2016
- Crater Lake & the Lava Beds
I had to start this blog with a picture of Crater Lake, as I know that is what turns out to be the heading. It is just the most beautiful sight.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/81 Posted by Taqui in Vancouver and America | Aug 30, 2016
- The grandest canyon of allSarah, Paul, and I picked up our hire car after the world's most expensive (and average) meal at Hardrock Cafe, Vegas. We drove around in circles before finding our way onto the right road towards the Grand Canyon Posted by chasingsummer in Chasing Forever Summer | Aug 30, 2016
- National ParksToday I left Twin Falls, Idaho and drove all the way home to San Francisco. Yes it was a really long way. I was going to stop over in Reno and spend the night, but when I got to Reno Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Aug 29, 2016
- National ParksI left Yellowstone around 11:00 today. I had a great time there and really enjoyed seeing all the Geysers and Old Faithful. Yellowstone has a great deal of history surrounding it and I found all of that very interesting. It's Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Aug 29, 2016
- National ParksToday I drove from Grant Village, which is at the South end of the park to the North end of the park. I drove the entire outer circle. I stopped at many places along the way. I saw the Grand Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Aug 29, 2016
- SeattleWe have been in Seattle for a month now and it has been so busy I haven't had time to fill in the blog. We have been playing tennis, walking, camping (Mt Rainier), hiking ([[https://www.nps.gov/mora/planyourvisit/burroughs-mountain.htm|Burroughs Mountain] Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Aug 29, 2016
- A Bit of Early MigrationI have done a bit of birding yesterday and today around Oak Park as part of a school year-long survey project I am starting...more on that in a future post because I have to get some sleep before school!
So here Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Aug 28, 2016
- The Breathtaking Canyons of the Colorado PlateauMonday, day 41: the Grand Canyon! Wow, it was just as grand and majestic as the previous time I saw it. It was Koen’s first time here; he was also very impressed by the beauty of it. He was the Posted by DutchiesAbroad in Roadtrip USA 2016 | Aug 28, 2016
- Breakthrough: the beginning of a JourneyMonday, day 34: Bored of hanging around at the RV park all day and pondering what to do about the car situation we thought it was a good idea to channel our inner child again. So we decided to cycle Posted by DutchiesAbroad in Roadtrip USA 2016 | Aug 27, 2016
There is no way I won't offend someone with this comment, so I'll just come stra Posted by paulymx in Paul & Shelly's World Tour 2016 | Aug 27, 2016