- Gotta Get Back On the RoadAfter Alaska, we’d decided that we should stay home for a while unless called out for work. We really need to get our house in order. We have a trip to Santa Fe/Taos planned over Thanksgiving and then a big Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Sep 25, 2016
- 24. Heading home sweet home! Tuesday 30th / Wednesday 31st
I'd set my alarm for 5.45 and groaned when it went off. I finally hauled myself out of bed, packed my suitcase for one last time, showered and left my lovely big room. I'd checked in Posted by cazbatt in American Adventures | Sep 25, 2016
- 23. Achey feet and Michael JacksonMonday 29th
My alarm went off at eight but my feet were still throbbing so I decided to have another couple of hours in bed. My plan was to do another lap of Vegas on the hop on hop off Posted by cazbatt in American Adventures | Sep 25, 2016
- 22. Hopping on, hopping off then a gigantic jump! Sunday 28th
My alarm went off at 7 but I rolled over and went back to sleep for an hour or so - I think the nights camping were catching up on me. I got up and headed out for about Posted by cazbatt in American Adventures | Sep 25, 2016
- 21. San Francisco back to VegasSaturday 27th
My bed at The Grace was sooooooo comfortable but I had to be up at 6am to get my packing done (this morning I'm kicking myself for not doing it last night!!). Really, I've not got that much Posted by cazbatt in American Adventures | Sep 25, 2016
- Carmel and the Big Sur
It was an easy drive from Santa Cruz. Passing acres and acres of farms, strawberries, cauliflower, cabbage, broccoli - no they were not giving off the smelly egg smell! We left that beh Posted by Taqui in Vancouver and America | Sep 24, 2016
- Heading to Louisville, KentuckyToday I left my hotel in Chicago at 8:00am. I got to Union Station to catch the Greyhound bus to Louisville. You are probably wondering why I have to go on Greyhound and not the train. The train does not Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Sep 24, 2016
- ChicagoToday I had to move from my hotel to a different one. I decided to stay another night in Chicago and my hotel was full. I found one that was about 15 minutes away. I walked from mine to the Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Sep 24, 2016
- ChicagoToday I walked all around Chicago. I went from Michigan Avenue out to the lake and then followed the lake around to Navy Pier and then to Millennium Park and out to the planetarium. It was a beautiful walk. There Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Sep 24, 2016
- So Much!So since South Carolina we have done quite a bit. I am not sure how I can remember everything.
South Carolina is amazing. Alex wants to live there. It is super cool. Little restaurant joints everywhere that look dinky like and Posted by AK Adventures in Two Drifters | Sep 24, 2016
- ChicagoToday was another full day on the train. I arrived into Union Station at 3:00pm and I was tired very tired. I took a cab to my hotel room and took a shower of course. I then took a Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Sep 23, 2016
- Following the Colorado RiverToday I left Glenwood Springs, Colorado at noon. I had met a couple who had told me that the next 6 hours on the train was going to be beautiful going through the gorge of the Colorado River. I got Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Sep 23, 2016
- 27 hours on the trainI spent last night on the train. I wish I could tell you it was great and relaxing, but it wasn't. I had a hard time trying to get comfortable. Since its dark outside there is not much to look Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Sep 23, 2016
- Handstand with the Orca Posted by yoan.setiowati in WANDERLUST | Sep 21, 2016
- Day 18, 19, 20 - The Big Easy (New Orleans) We felt like we transferred from the Ritz Carlton to the ghetto when we moved from Amtrak’s glitzy new Chicago Metropolitan Lounge to our sleeper car in Amtrak's “City of New Orleans”. For us, the good thing about train travel Posted by buniconk in AMTRAK-ing (zig-zagging) AROUND AMERICA | Sep 20, 2016
- Monte Carlo - Milan - New YorkSo dear Readers
Sorry for not being so disciplined about writing the blog but I've been out and about having fun. By the end of it all, I'm knackered
However, on to what's been happening!
Monte Carlo was a place that once seen, Posted by BeeandRon in Parisian Adventures | Sep 21, 2016
- March Madness, Part 2: I Heart Wynwood The next day, our friends Ellen and Brian decided to take it easy and grab lunch at their hotel, leaving me and Angel to swing by Moreno's Cuba in South Beach for some fritas.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/293321/large_2016_MIA_Morenos_ Posted by TraceyG in Escape From New York | Sep 18, 2016
- A FEW THINGS ABOUT GUIDE BOOKS EVERY TRAVELER TRAVELING ALONIf you are planning on traveling to a foreign country is without using travel agency’s service, but are planning on traveling and planning independently, it is useful and convenient to have a few special publications or travel guides nearby by Posted by MargaretMar in TRAVELING ALONE | Sep 20, 2016
- Merle, I've a feeling we're not in China anymore....So this isn't China, that's for sure. But it sure does smell like China sometimes!
For those of you who haven't realized yet, I'm spending my last fall semester of my undergraduate career in the nation's capital. I'm part of a Posted by ruixueinchina in Washington, DC 2016 | Sep 20, 2016
- March Madness, Part 1: Miami Vice(s)It was supposed to be five days of rest, relaxation, and respite from that annual 30-day preview of hell, also known as March. We'd hop a quick, 2.5 hour flight to Miami, then spend our days lounging poolside with Posted by TraceyG in Escape From New York | Sep 20, 2016
- Experiencing AmtrakI have always wanted to take the train across the United States. I have been thinking about it for years. I don't really have a set plan, but just will see where the train takes me. Iain took me to Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Sep 19, 2016
- TestIf you got to this point, Hooray! Yours isn't broken. You're ready for the action! Posted by Acw415 in Jeremy & Ashley: New England in the Fall | Sep 19, 2016
- Luftansa, the only way to fly!9/17/2016 - Luftansa treated us well, great flight, great service.
Star Alliance business lounge, for some snacks...
On board our 747 luxury liner, row Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2016 | Sep 19, 2016
- Bodega Bay, San Francisco & Santa Cruz
We left the serenity of the valley behind us and we were soon onto four and five lane highways; skirting around the outskirts of Sacramento - oh we don't like heading towards the big citie Posted by Taqui in Vancouver and America | Sep 17, 2016
- Day 15, 16, 17 - The "Silver Meteor" (again) & "Capitol Ltd"Dave is always wanting to leave early and get there early . . . and this day I was so grateful! We had an 8:10am Amtrak departure from Miami and a 7am hotel shuttle scheduled. The shuttle kindly agreed Posted by buniconk in AMTRAK-ing (zig-zagging) AROUND AMERICA | Sep 17, 2016