- Ultra Modern Art, Or Emergency Exits?We had another sleep in after getting home so late last night. Jill and Peter came back to the house from a trip to Bloomingdales shortly after we woke up. Peter declared it terribly boring . He says even in Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Aug 7, 2014
- Spotted: Kate and Pat Skulking on the Upper East Side Jill and Peter went off to the Met bright and early while Kate and I slept in. We made vague plans to meet them there later on.
Once we woke up, we took the subway uptown and had a little walk Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Aug 6, 2014
- Day 1 in Washington - hopping on and hopping off.I awoke when my alarm went off at 9am and opened the hotel room curtains to find a view of the Washington monument - which was a lovely surprise. I half thought about my still missing case and then Posted by cazbatt in Caz's adventures | Apr 5, 2015
- Day 8: Tucson to ChicagoToday was the day my family, aunt, uncle, and I flew home from Arizona back to Chicago. It is a shame that such a fantastic trip has to end, but I suppose I have more exciting birding opportunities planned this Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Apr 5, 2015
- Going to the middle of "nowhere"
According to Google Maps, I am going to be in the middle of the Pacific Ocean... on an the "nonexistent island."
But if you zoom in closely, I will actually be on a beaut Posted by thewongway in When A Henro Meets the Cooks | Apr 5, 2015
- Easter MoonThis full moon marks the Buddhist new year, the Hindu holiday of Hanuman Jayanti, the Jewish holiday of Passover and the Christian holiday of Easter. 🌝
Wether you belong to any of these religions or not, holiday time with Posted by rachaelob in Adventures of Rachael May | Apr 5, 2015
- Looking for Spring All the places I have been the past week are actually the "right" places, just not a place where I could find spring.
Once the young niece of a co Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Apr 5, 2015
- Day 7: Madera Canyon, Part DeuxToday, sadly my last full day in Arizona, my aunt, uncle, and I drove to Madera Canyon again to look for the Elegant Trogon, since I only saw that bird with my dad yesterday.
The day started by seeing this jackrabbit Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Apr 4, 2015
- A Day At The MuseumUp at a reasonable time for our jog. We weren't sure Pat would actually be able to jog with the heamatoma in his leg, but thought we'd at the very least have a walk to Central Park and check out Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Aug 6, 2014
- PSA: Always Watch Where You're WalkingFirst up today we need to get a New York Pizza. Apparently the best to be found are in Brooklyn, so we get the subway across the bridge and go investigating. We walk past a number of brownstone houses that Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Aug 5, 2014
- New York, New York, It's a Hell of a TownPat and I started our day feeling like real New Yorkers with a jog in Central Park. Despite this being the biggest city in the USA, we run into Mum and Dad in the park. It's a small world! To Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Aug 4, 2014
- Unlikely Things to Say on a Holiday...A late start, then a trundle to the station, luggage in tow. Kate is jealous of her parents' rolling luggage. At the station we decide to dump the bags in lockers for the few hours before our departure. Some investigation Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Aug 3, 2014
- Tourico VacationsTOURICO VACATIONS
fishermans-wharfThe City by the Bay is not only one of the U.S. top destinations for living but ranks high on the list of destinations for travel as well and for good reason. From its historic appeal in the form Posted by tourico in Tourico Vacations | Apr 4, 2015
- Creepy Rabbits and Stepping Into The Third DimensionUp, at em, more museums. Today we tried out the National Art Gallery. We started in the Italian art where we were proud that we were starring to recognize the different styles and artists more without using information signs. Next Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Aug 2, 2014
- An Introduction to American GovernmentToday we check in on Frank and Clare Underwood! Or the Obamas, or whoever's home. Up and to the Capitol for our tour. We booked a tour online last night and arrived well before our timeslot to navigate security. Actually Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Aug 1, 2014
- Regent Seven SeasWe had a lazy morning and then hit the road for about a four hour drive to the Hyatt Regency Coral Gables. The hotel is fine from the outside, but the room was tired and mediocre at best. Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Apr 4, 2015
- Day 6: Elegant Trogons!!!Today my mom, dad, sister and I all awoke excruciatingly early, 5:45am to be exact, to take a hike in Madera Canyon before the heat of mid-day. We chose the Carrie Nation Trail, since that is the most reliable place Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Apr 3, 2015
- It's a Throwback Thursday![b]April Fools Tour 2015
Day Five (Thursday, April 2nd)
We’re bundled up in sweatshirts and coats, standing outside early this morning, with cups of hot coffee in our hands trying to keep warm. Then Sugar spots them. Five bald Posted by MAX B in APRIL FOOLS TOUR 2015 | Apr 3, 2015
- The Smithsonian: Now With More Locations!We opened our day with a little jog around the Capitol building. Sounded great to Kate in theory forgetting the capitol is built on Capitol Hill. Not ready for hills yet... Still, we managed to struggle through and made it Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Jul 31, 2014
- Strolling Through DCAny time before 6am is a particularly foul time to get up, but with a flight at 7.30 we had to. Ick. Although we were staying right next to the airport, it took a quarter of an hour to get Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Jul 30, 2014
- Regent Seven SeasMy wife and I are on our way to Miami to pick up the Regent Seven Seas Navigator in Miami. We decided to take a leisurely drive to Miami, with our first stop in Orlando - downtown - for Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Apr 3, 2015
- Day 5: Life Bird #747, Scott's OrioleToday my aunt, uncle, and I took a long day trip for birding from the town of Tubac, Arizona, where we are staying to Ash, Hiller, and Ramsey Canyons.
Just a short while into our drive, my aunt spotted two GREATER Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Apr 2, 2015
- Washington to New York 29.3.15So today is Keaton’s 15th Birthday and he is stoked (I got permission to use that word) to be heading to New York on his birthday.
We check out of our very nice hotel. I bid goodby to the most amazing Posted by AirsUSARoadTrip in Airs USA Road Trip | Apr 2, 2015
- HelloWe are excited for our trip! It's about a month away! We have just about everything booked. We are excited to share our adventures with you. Check back often to see our beautiful photos and tales of what we've been Posted by Acw415 in Jeremy & Ashley Travel Europe | Apr 2, 2015
- The Chief[b]April Fools Tour 2015
Day Four (Wednesday, April 1st)
After a morning of stoking our bellies with fuel in anticipation of the day ahead, I give The Chief a call. He barely recognizes my voice when I ask him to Posted by MAX B in APRIL FOOLS TOUR 2015 | Apr 2, 2015