- Day Before Flight to NJDuring the last few weeks I/we have made a lot of progress:
* Book a private “Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society” tour
* Book an unscheduled Puffin Kayak Tour – regularly scheduled tours do not fit our schedule
* Question owner Posted by sherrietravels in International Traveling Book Club 2016 | May 14, 2016
- If You Liked the Rose GardenI think the [[http://www.lansugarden.org/about-the-garden/|Lin Su traditional Chinese Garden]] is one of the most beautiful places I have seen in all my travels.
Fo Posted by pscotterly in North by Northwest | May 20, 2016
- May 16 - 18: Montrose and More!This is another recap post from this Monday - Wednesday, which were three more great days of birding during pretty much the peak of bird migration through northeast Illinois.
MONDAY, MAY 16:
I was excused from 1st through 3rd period on Monday, Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 20, 2016
- Off to Europe Once Again!The 2015-2016 school year has come and gone and that can only mean one thing -- a new travel adventure! This time I am going with my friend Jackie to Eastern/Central Europe. I have known Jackie since we Posted by AnneO in European Vacation 2016 | May 20, 2016
- Seattle mornings, Portland nights We seem to love our morning excursions so much better our nights! (Probably because we're well rested and sober, haha).
After our Airbnb host Rose (originally from Negril, Jamaica by way of the UK) gave us a ride, we arrived Posted by baecation2016 in Lovebug Train Trip 2016 | May 20, 2016
- Alaska - You Didn't Let Us Down!Room 129, Princess Wilderness Lodge, Copper River, AK
17.43 Thursday 10th May
With apologies for the number of pictures here today. It has been so difficult weeding them out.
We drove out of Anchorage after a motel breakfast, leaving just af Posted by Johnash in Alaska or Bust - 2016 | May 19, 2016
- Take Time to Smell the Roses
(My father always used almost that exact quote to describe a walk in the woods.)
I always thought that beecause of the[[http://www.rosegardenstore.org/international-rose Posted by pscotterly in North by Northwest | May 19, 2016
- SeattleHi everybody!
It's so good to be back to wifi!
After two super relaxing days on the Empire Builder, we have safely arrived on the West Coast. The rest of the trip was truly beautiful. When we entered the Great Plains of Posted by baecation2016 in Lovebug Train Trip 2016 | May 19, 2016
- Going Out on a Limb - Taking Our Anniversary to New HeightsMatt and I have made it a tradition to go somewhere unique for our anniversary.
Some years, it’s somewhere tropical like Jost Van Dyke.
Other years, we stick to romantic places like Savan Posted by vicki_h in . | May 19, 2016
- Grand Canyon Flew in a light plane with maverick air to Grand Canyon National park
The caught a 30 minute bus ride to the park entrance in this quaint trolley
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/827353/ Posted by Dentherese in Den & Therese Vegas Trip | May 15, 2016
- Anchorage - Frontier TownRoom 326 (again!), Hampton Inn, Anchorage, Alaska
16.50, Tuesday 18th May
(That reminds me, I forgot to put our driving maps into the last few Blogs. I have them prepared so w Posted by Johnash in Alaska or Bust - 2016 | May 18, 2016
- Suburban LifeDominique and I traveled in Ol' '95 for 1922 miles experiencing some pretty wild weather through the backcountry of six states: Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Washington, and Oregon. Now, Ol' '95 is getting a much need rest in the 'burbs.
[img=http:/ Posted by pscotterly in North by Northwest | May 18, 2016
- Meeting different cultures – recent and pastWe liked Santa Fe a lot, but after all none of us are real town people. We’re rather in the outdoors and that’s why we headed off after another night in the Santa Fe National Forest (at an alititude of Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | May 18, 2016
- Moving West and first camping experiencesAs we were having technical issues to access the internet for the first couple of days, we simply used a good old map (thanks Janis!) and still got along fine. Even though the scale is not enormous, it shows enough Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | May 17, 2016
- May 9 - May 15: Migration Madness!I am a bit behind in posting due to a crazy schedule, but this is the recap post of what is usually the most productive week of birding of the entire year in northeast Illinois: the second weak of May! Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 17, 2016
- The Ups and Downs of a Road TripNow it was time to pack up and go back to the circus we call home. We didn’t need to check out until noon so there was no rush.
We made a nice breakfast of potato, fresh asparag Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | May 17, 2016
- Pretrip – D minus 15 days* To break in my new Ahnu hiking shoes
# Remove the insole
# Insert my orthotics
# Walk around the house long enough to feel reasonably comfortable that I won’t be returning them
# Wear them out for the day to break them Posted by sherrietravels in International Traveling Book Club 2016 | May 1, 2016
- From the Great Lakes to the Mississippi and beyondWe spent another two days getting our van fully tested. To do that, we started sleeping in the van in Janis’ driveway. Sam also tested most technical features and discovering some issues that require fixing. Luckily enough the guys at Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | May 7, 2016
- Day 4, 5 - The journey southDistance traveled, Day 4, 336 miles (560 k)
Distance traveled, Day 5, 340 miles (570k), Total distance 1,648 miles (2,745 k)
These two days are about getting south to our rental cabin in the Smoky Mountains, where we plan to spend a Posted by Rooseboom-Scott in May & June 2016 | May 17, 2016
- Location picked - now for the planning* Preparation is underway for the 2nd meeting of the International Traveling Book Club.
* After many emails sent around the world I ended up with a big count of four participants.
* That may seem like a small number. Well Posted by sherrietravels in International Traveling Book Club 2016 | Jan 14, 2016
- Au Revoir Dominique
It is time to say "so long" (that is American slang for Goodbye, French readers) and say "Howdy" (French readers, that's western American slang for Hello) to my n Posted by pscotterly in North by Northwest | May 17, 2016
- UtahRoom 326, Hotel Monaco, Salt Lake City, Utah
15.36 Monday 16th May
"Over 6 days, God created the Earth, on the 7th, he dumped what was left over, and they called it Utah!"
It is a rather odd state with a lot of Posted by Johnash in Alaska or Bust - 2016 | May 16, 2016
- Day 10: Today We Discovered LA Traffic. Just LA traffic.
After about four hours of sleep, I still wasn't quite recovered from the endless late nights and early mornings that made up the first half of the trip. However, for once it didn't seem like Posted by aswoger in Improvised Wanderlust | May 16, 2016
- Another Hike in Joshua TreeSunrise wasn’t so nice this morning, there were high clouds and not much color.
We thought we’d take another hike, not a real long one but maybe a little longer than the one yest Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | May 16, 2016
- Day Nine - On the Road with Dominique
We left the R and R Guest House at noon for a day of touring that would end up in Portland, Oregon.
Oddly enough, we saw build Posted by pscotterly in North by Northwest | May 16, 2016