- Concrete jungle culture...Awake at an hour that would impress Gordon Gekko, i knew it would be another day of battling jet lag. Fortunately we had yet another busy day planned (hello? It's New York!) which should help us push through.
Sean has booked Posted by Redsole in Bright Lights, Big Powder | Dec 31, 2015
- Ready, set, GO!In any other city, awakening at 4:30am would constitute jet lag. But in the City That Never Sleeps it would be blasphemy to even spell jet lag. Waking up early is simply a licence to pack more in! Posted by Redsole in Bright Lights, Big Powder | Dec 31, 2015
- USA 2016 - Three New Adventures.Bag End
We're sending this out during the Festive Season to wish our Blog fans a Happy & Healthy New Year. Also to warn you that another Blog is about to get underway. (I hear the groans from here!).
Almost 120,000 page Posted by Johnash in Alaska or Bust - 2016 | Dec 30, 2015
- On The Road Again!
'Making a big life change is pretty scary. But know what's even scarier? Regret.
- Zig Ziglar'
I couldn't have said it better mys Posted by Kacey's Travels in Kacey's Travels | Dec 30, 2015
- 2015's Owl FinaleAs 2015, the Year of the Owl, is about to come to a close, today's birding yielded a grand finale of sorts to a truly astounding year for owls. Today my Uncle Mory, his friend Bruce, and I drove back Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 30, 2015
- The Year of the Owl Delivers AgainThis owl-tastic year just keeps getting better and better! My former nemesis and now second-favorite bird, the Great Gray Owl, put on a fabulous show today at the world-famous Sax-Zim Bog!
Today my uncle Mory, his friend Bruce, and I criss-crossed Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 29, 2015
- Kalamazoo: el fin del mundo
Well it's over.
4 continents, 9 countries, 26 flights, 6.5 months, or 197 days. Countless miles, innumerable adventures, and heaps of friends. We successfully circum Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Dec 29, 2015
- It’s beginning to look at lot like Christmas
Nothing gets you in the mood for Christmas like a quaint English village festively decorated with an extraordinary number of Christmas trees, countless twinkling lights, and a firepit Posted by vicki_h in . | Dec 29, 2015
- Welcome to New York...Ah yes, in the words on the omnipresent Taylor Swift (or Swifty as I like to think of her) "welcome to New York, it's been waiting for you" - and now here we are safely ensconced in our hotel room. Posted by Redsole in Bright Lights, Big Powder | Dec 28, 2015
- Wisconsin to Sax-Zim Bog, MN"Welcome to the land of arctic temperatures, windswept, snowy landscapes, and biting wind," the Sax-Zim Bog seemed to tell us as my uncle Mory, his birding friend Bruce, and I entered the frozen, northern Minnesota winter. What a change from Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 28, 2015
- Buena Vista GrasslandsToday was the first day on my trip to Wisconsin and Minnesota with my birding aunt Mary and uncle Mory. After having lunch with my cousins Dave and Katie, my aunt, uncle, and I visited a beautiful preserve called Buena Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 27, 2015
- Half of a SunbowlI was very excited to see my first football game since coming to El Paso. However I had no idea we would be dealing with snowy conditions for a game under the title of Sun Bowl. The forecast Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Dec 25, 2015
- Smithsonian - Castle, Air & Space - Tuesday, Dec. 8th (day)12/8/15 - We visit the world's largest museum with over 138 million objects, works of art and specimens. Today we take in the Castle and Air & Space (my favorite!).
Smithsonian Castle photos
Posted by mombrunton in Washington DC - New York trip Dec. 2015 | Dec 26, 2015
- Washington D.C. - Monday, Dec. 7th p.m.12/7/15: arrive United at Dulles, take the Silver Line bus to Metro line, to Union Station - grab a bite at the local Shake Shack (not as good as our Habit back home). Public transportation is so easy back Posted by mombrunton in Washington DC - New York trip Dec. 2015 | Dec 26, 2015
- And so it BeginsHi everyone,
I have some exciting news to share with all of you that I’ve been holding in for a long time. For those who don’t already know, I’m going abroad long term at the end of this year! On December Posted by klorenzooo in Kristian Round the World | Dec 25, 2015
- Baylor University Graduation
After 18 grueling months the day of graduation has finally arrived. Curt and I flew to Waco from El Paso and my parents drove from Pennsylvania for the big day. Baylor seems to love Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Dec 19, 2015
- Joy to the Warbler!Sometimes you don't have to go further than your iPad to find a life bird!
Today while I was looking back on the photo below taken on April 19 of this year, I realized I had made a previous misidentification about Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 24, 2015
- Disney + Key WestBack in Florida and enjoying the warmth and continuing the healing process and to help we spent 4 nights 3 days at Disney. WOW my advice don't do Disney right before Christmas was insanely busy but perservered and left with Posted by RickandDeb in Rick & Deb's North American RV adventure | Dec 23, 2015
- A Little BirdingA small road trip yesterday and very warm temperatures today has led to my seeing some birds. I haven't found anything rare; however, I thought you might like seeing these photos.
AMERICAN GOLDFINCHES, nonbreeding plumage:
[img=http://photos.traveller Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 23, 2015
- Exploring Homosassa FloridaWe moved to Homosassa RV Park on Monday, December 21; it is a little more rustic than the RV park we stayed in in Fort Myers. The residents here are extremely friendly; immediately inviting us to join in on Posted by beckistewart1 in Stewart, Dean and Kint | Dec 22, 2015
- Just the begginingWe start our journey in 18 days. We will begin in Oahu, make our way to Australia, and finish our three month long trip in Bali.We will be in each location for a full month. It will really give us Posted by mariahwyckoff in The adventures of Mariah, Sam and Tay | Dec 22, 2015
- I'm All Packed!
I'm all packed and ready to go. I can't wait to start exploring South East Asia!
Christmas to New years I will be in and around Bangkok with Kevin
The first week of January I will go on a so Posted by juliaaugh in Thailand 2016 | Dec 21, 2015
- Sharing Some FiguresToday is "Moving" day, we have updated our trip map through Friday, January 8. We are headed for Homosassa, FL and will spend the next 6 nights there; we will be there for Christmas.
We enjoyed Fort Myers,FL immensely and Posted by beckistewart1 in Stewart, Dean and Kint | Dec 21, 2015
- Day 6: Return to a Chicago WinterYesterday, Saturday, December 19, was the sad day on a cruise called disembarkation. We were off the ship in the nine o'clock hour and took a taxi to the Fort Lauderdale airport to fly home.
I managed to squeeze in a Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 20, 2015
- Day 1: Emerald Princess!Yesterday I returned from a fantastic Caribbean cruise aboard the Emerald Princess. I will make one post for nearly every day (like I did for Costa Rica last summer), so here is day 1:
After taking an evening United Airlines flight Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 20, 2015