- Anchorage - Frontier TownRoom 326 (again!), Hampton Inn, Anchorage, Alaska
16.50, Tuesday 18th May
(That reminds me, I forgot to put our driving maps into the last few Blogs. I have them prepared so w Posted by Johnash in Alaska or Bust - 2016 | May 18, 2016
- Suburban LifeDominique and I traveled in Ol' '95 for 1922 miles experiencing some pretty wild weather through the backcountry of six states: Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Washington, and Oregon. Now, Ol' '95 is getting a much need rest in the 'burbs.
[img=http:/ Posted by pscotterly in North by Northwest | May 18, 2016
- Meeting different cultures – recent and pastWe liked Santa Fe a lot, but after all none of us are real town people. We’re rather in the outdoors and that’s why we headed off after another night in the Santa Fe National Forest (at an alititude of Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | May 18, 2016
- Moving West and first camping experiencesAs we were having technical issues to access the internet for the first couple of days, we simply used a good old map (thanks Janis!) and still got along fine. Even though the scale is not enormous, it shows enough Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | May 17, 2016
- May 9 - May 15: Migration Madness!I am a bit behind in posting due to a crazy schedule, but this is the recap post of what is usually the most productive week of birding of the entire year in northeast Illinois: the second weak of May! Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 17, 2016
- The Ups and Downs of a Road TripNow it was time to pack up and go back to the circus we call home. We didn’t need to check out until noon so there was no rush.
We made a nice breakfast of potato, fresh asparag Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | May 17, 2016
- Pretrip – D minus 15 days* To break in my new Ahnu hiking shoes
# Remove the insole
# Insert my orthotics
# Walk around the house long enough to feel reasonably comfortable that I won’t be returning them
# Wear them out for the day to break them Posted by sherrietravels in International Traveling Book Club 2016 | May 1, 2016
- From the Great Lakes to the Mississippi and beyondWe spent another two days getting our van fully tested. To do that, we started sleeping in the van in Janis’ driveway. Sam also tested most technical features and discovering some issues that require fixing. Luckily enough the guys at Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | May 7, 2016
- Day 4, 5 - The journey southDistance traveled, Day 4, 336 miles (560 k)
Distance traveled, Day 5, 340 miles (570k), Total distance 1,648 miles (2,745 k)
These two days are about getting south to our rental cabin in the Smoky Mountains, where we plan to spend a Posted by Rooseboom-Scott in May & June 2016 | May 17, 2016
- Location picked - now for the planning* Preparation is underway for the 2nd meeting of the International Traveling Book Club.
* After many emails sent around the world I ended up with a big count of four participants.
* That may seem like a small number. Well Posted by sherrietravels in International Traveling Book Club 2016 | Jan 14, 2016
- Au Revoir Dominique
It is time to say "so long" (that is American slang for Goodbye, French readers) and say "Howdy" (French readers, that's western American slang for Hello) to my n Posted by pscotterly in North by Northwest | May 17, 2016
- UtahRoom 326, Hotel Monaco, Salt Lake City, Utah
15.36 Monday 16th May
"Over 6 days, God created the Earth, on the 7th, he dumped what was left over, and they called it Utah!"
It is a rather odd state with a lot of Posted by Johnash in Alaska or Bust - 2016 | May 16, 2016
- Day 10: Today We Discovered LA Traffic. Just LA traffic.
After about four hours of sleep, I still wasn't quite recovered from the endless late nights and early mornings that made up the first half of the trip. However, for once it didn't seem like Posted by aswoger in Improvised Wanderlust | May 16, 2016
- Another Hike in Joshua TreeSunrise wasn’t so nice this morning, there were high clouds and not much color.
We thought we’d take another hike, not a real long one but maybe a little longer than the one yest Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | May 16, 2016
- Day Nine - On the Road with Dominique
We left the R and R Guest House at noon for a day of touring that would end up in Portland, Oregon.
Oddly enough, we saw build Posted by pscotterly in North by Northwest | May 16, 2016
- Day Eight - On the Road with DominiqueAfter bidding Lloyd and the mountainside of Kamiah a fond au revoir, we continued west on US 12 to the [[https://www.nps.gov/nepe/index.htm|Nez Perce Historical Park]].
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/510746/90_Nez_Perce_NHP.jpg caption=N Posted by pscotterly in North by Northwest | May 16, 2016
- Day Seven - On the Road with DominiqueWe stopped at the wonderful market in the little town of Stevensville to load up our picnic cooler and also purchase dinner to share with our Affordable Travel Club host that night.
Highway 12 West out of Montana and across Idaho Posted by pscotterly in North by Northwest | May 16, 2016
- A Short Hike in Joshua TreeBefore leaving home we’d decided that we would bring a good bottle of Champagne along for a celebration. We didn’t have anything in particular to celebrate but thought that we’d just celebrate us because we could and we are old Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | May 15, 2016
- Days 5 1/2 through 6 - On the Road with DominiqueWe spent our last morning in Yellowstone visiting the[[https://www.nps.gov/yell/learn/photosmultimedia/0003mammoth-area.htm| Mammoth Hot Springs]].
Afte Posted by pscotterly in North by Northwest | May 15, 2016
- Nights 3 and 4 - On the Road with Dominique
I visited Yellowstone with my Cotterly grandparents and Aunt Mary in the summer of 1950 or1951, I remember standing and looking at the magnificent [[https://www.usparklodgi Posted by pscotterly in North by Northwest | May 15, 2016
- Las Vegas - The HighlightsRoom 302, Hampton Inn, Richfield, Utah
6.00pm Saturday 14th May
Trying to catch up with this Blog. From tomorrow we have 2 nights in Salt Lake City, plus a morning before our flight to Anchorage, Alaska. So we hope to get up Posted by Johnash in Alaska or Bust - 2016 | May 14, 2016
- Overcoming some technical hurdles As some of you might have realized, there were a couple of days with no blog entries. And reading my email, a couple of you had started to wonder what’s happening.
What has happened is very easily explained. In our Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | May 14, 2016
- Midwestern Road Side PhilosophyIn the last couple of days we’ve done quite a bit of driving – over 1300 miles by now. And as we’re still pretty much in through fare mode, this was mostly on the interstates along the old Route 66. Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | May 14, 2016
- Padre Day 2: Hook, Line, and SeagullWe woke the next morning about 9:30a to an overcast and windy day, a perfect day for kite-flying. Only we had no kite. So we set off to find one and to pick up the supplies we had forgotten the Posted by deniseandmike in Denise & Mike's Narcissistic Travel Blog | May 14, 2016
- Let me straighten my crown "In the darkest days when I feel inadequate, unloved, and unworthy, I remember whose daughter I am and straighten my crown!" - Unknown
The last two months have been long, and involved so much pain, frustration, impatience, and the Posted by graciouslove in Royal Living | May 14, 2016