- Fun in Ft. BidwellFathers Day was a rather lazy affair.
Bekki had suggested that we make a trip to Lily Lake, a lake just west of Ft. Bidwell, in the mountains. We packed up kids, food and wine into their car and drove Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 21, 2016
- If I had a hammerWe arrived here on Saturday. It was quiet. Yesterday, we went on the day tour. On returning, it was quiet. That was because it was the weekend. What became obvious as soon as we awoke this Posted by Tim Wettone in USA 2016 | Jun 19, 2016
- Fun On A Road TripSo the plan for this trip is: drop off almonds in Larkspur, go to Vallejo and visit an adjuster friend, then head up to Ft. Bidwell to be with our oldest boy and his family for Father’s day. On Monday Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 20, 2016
- RTW June 6 - 16, 2016RTW day #170 Docked in Acapulco, Mexico
June 6, 2016 Hilo Hawaii
First, we did a stop at the Mona Loa Macadamia nut plantation. We drove thru the large planting of nut trees and wound up at the Posted by pointslj in Points/Chamberlin Around the world 2016 | Jun 20, 2016
- Summer must have flip flopsThe weather is getting hotter and hotter. Are you eager to wear the shorts, shirts and flip flops to play outdoors. In this summer, every brand also release the many styles [[flip flops]].
Flip-flops are a type of open-toed footwear sandals, Posted by putianbest in slippers flipflops manufacturer | Jun 20, 2016
- Somewhere Over The Rainbow Or under the rainbow, which would be more precise. Actually, I had at least 3 song titles I could have chosen today but opted for this as we saw not one but two rainbows today. Hawaii is the Posted by Tim Wettone in USA 2016 | Jun 18, 2016
- Murphy's Law When Trying to LeaveAnother 24-hour turnaround trip. We had planned to leave early Sat morning, drive to Ft. Bidwell, then on to Oregon. Well, that plan changed quickly.
Nate called and asked if we’d deliver almonds to their newest farmers market, in Larkspur, just Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 19, 2016
- Leaving on a jet planeWe had to be up early as we were driving the 200 mile route back to San Francisco Airport. We left at 8.30am and got held up in traffic near Sacramento and also when entering San Francisco itself. Posted by Tim Wettone in USA 2016 | Jun 17, 2016
- Camping Equals EatingWe woke up to a fridge working, everything refrozen in the freezer and everything cold in the fridge. What a relief, however, much of everything will need to be tossed. But when one considers misfortunes suffered, we won’t complain.
We needed Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 18, 2016
- Back to InyoBear cans had to be returned to the Interagency Office and who better to take care of that than the 2 of us. Besides, we needed a little away time!
We decided that we’d catch some cool air, and decided to Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 18, 2016
- RC Cola and Moon Pie 10 miler
Bell Buckle, Tennessee hosts an RC Cola and Moon Pie Festival every year and part of those celebrations is a 10 miler. Lucky for us we had cloud cover for much of the route Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Jun 18, 2016
- DixieFirstly, I am pleased and honoured to report that one of my photos has found its way onto the featured photos page on the Travellerspoint website. It was the photo of the Southern Sea Otter floating on its back. Posted by Tim Wettone in USA 2016 | Jun 16, 2016
- Enjoying the Finish LineOnce we completed the perilous journey across the U.S., we took down all of the equipment and leisurely drove over to my dad's friend's house in nearby Alexandria. We recounted our story to him and his wife over a late Posted by mbeymer in The Whole Story | Jul 29, 2010
- My Attempt to See if the Sign is Greener on the Other SideWARNING
This blog contains videos that have explicit language; view at your own discretion.
In order to understand this story, it’s important for you to know my motivations for this journey. In 1971, the editor of Car and Driver mag Posted by mbeymer in The Whole Story | Jun 20, 2010
- Kings Canyon Between StormsIt rained all night with thunder and lightning. The thunder went on and on sometimes not stopping, just continuous. We could only imagine what was going on, on the trail and hoped our kids were not getting soaked.
The rain let Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 17, 2016
- Dirty Old TownThe song for today refers to Bodie, but more of that later.
We had a long day's travelling to do today as we had decided to see the more Northern parts of Yosemite by entering the Park by a different gate Posted by Tim Wettone in USA 2016 | Jun 16, 2016
- Camping in Kings CanyonThe reason we came to Kings Canyon was to leave Justin’s truck at the End of the Road. This is literally the end of the road and one can only hike out from here. There is a small Backcountry Ranger Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 16, 2016
- A Bit of Luck In Kings CanyonWe got home by 9pm, picked up some dinner and ate. After doing 3 loads of laundry, dishes, and packing up items we’d forgotten, we got to bed by 1am then up again at 5:30am. We were on the road Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 16, 2016
- Top Of The WorldI'm on the top of the world, looking down on creation, so the song goes. That describes the finale to today's visit to Yosemite. Yesterday, our tour guide mentioned that, from Sentinel Dome, it is possible to see Posted by Tim Wettone in USA 2016 | Jun 14, 2016
- The Hike BeginsThe boys had been busy working until driving up, so hadn’t packed up their backpacks. They hoped to pack in the early morning then get on the trail. Our granddaughter and I were to drive vehicles over to the other Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 15, 2016
- Just Get Me On The PlaneWe leave today. Too crazed to think, I mean write. Nathan’s great quote in the car on the way to the airport about our impending departure on our second around the world trip: “I think two times in my life Posted by TooMuchLuggage in Another Circular Family Adventure | Mar 20, 2016
- Packing List OverloadOkay, this is a little out of control. Layering on so many trips within the trip seemed like a good idea, but the packing is crazy. We’re packing for New Zealand and beyond, there is a separate bag for India Posted by TooMuchLuggage in Another Circular Family Adventure | Mar 18, 2016
- Pre-Trip ThoughtsI travel away from home a lot. Something is different this time and I think it’s tied both to the length of time we’ll be away as well as the fact we’ll be roaming across so much of the world. Posted by TooMuchLuggage in Another Circular Family Adventure | Mar 16, 2016
- Comin' Round The MountainWe had to get up early to join an organised tour of Yosemite National Park. We thought this would be better, and easier, than trying to find our way round ourselves. It was. Marsha, the driver, was Posted by Tim Wettone in USA 2016 | Jun 13, 2016
- Treats On A Camping Trip6:30 am came early, too early, with a wake-up call via a knock on the door. I threw on my robe and there was the host. “You can’t camp on the road” and “you didn’t pay”. Yes, we are fully Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 14, 2016