- ETD 7 hoursjust about packed and we may as well have been packing for 3 months. As the day went on we found that we basically needed the same stuff for 3 days, 3 weeks or 3 months.
The boys played and shopped Posted by lkoss in Adam and Evy's Big Trip | Jul 27, 2014
- Big Sur and the PCHThe Pacific Coast Highway is the ultimate American Road Trip; hugging the winding coastline all the way through California it takes you through cool surfer towns, decadent wine regions, even crazy LA LA land, with stunning vistas of waves crashing Posted by DanAndBells in Adventures with Danny & Bells | Jul 27, 2014
- ArrivingWell here we go, the day has finally come! After a long morning of packing, Jules came to pick us up around 3:30pm. She dropped us off at Woywoy train station and after a sad goodbye, we caught the train Posted by avoca in 12th World Rogaining Championships | Jul 26, 2014
- India RevisitedSeems like there has always been this unspoken understanding that we wouldn't visit the same country twice, especially just over three years on. There are so many places and experiences in this world that one should have at least Posted by madpax in Ramble On... | Jul 26, 2014
- USA - New OrleansThe drive in on stilted roads high over the wetlands set the mood, with lightning and thunder clapping overhead as we arrived in this crazy, interesting city. Ruled over by the French and Spanish, and more recently devastated by hurricanes, Posted by TheNomadWay.com in TheNomadWay.com | Jul 12, 2014
- USA - HoustonOur next stop was Houston, mainly so we could check out NASA's famed Johnson Space Centre which is located nearby. We spent the day learning about the space program from the early years, the missions to the moon and current Posted by TheNomadWay.com in TheNomadWay.com | Jul 8, 2014
- USA - AustinA night stop over in Austin gave us a great feel for the city. Again it was very hot and humid, but we enjoyed sussing out 6th Street which is packed full of music venues and tattooed musicians! We heard Posted by TheNomadWay.com in TheNomadWay.com | Jul 6, 2014
- USA - DallasAfter spending the last few weeks camping it was a welcome relief to stay with some family friends in Dallas, Texas. A massive thank you to Celia and Anthony who made us feel like we were at home in their Posted by TheNomadWay.com in TheNomadWay.com | Jul 5, 2014
- ParadiseA lovely day of not doing much.
Although I did chat with a lovely gay catholic priest for two hours this morning. He was completely reconciled with the two conflicting things!
The rest of the week here will probably be the same Posted by Adamtrumble in Northern hemisphere 2014 | Jul 25, 2014
- Miller Meadows 7-25Today I birded a nearby forest preserve called Miller Meadows with my good friend Jill Anderson. There were a number of bird species present, but nothing rare. A few photos are below, enjoy.
SAVANNAH SPARROW. I suspect they nested here this Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 25, 2014
- NYC to Fire IslandGot up far too early as Reece (one of the guys coming to Fire Island) was meeting us on the early train to Sayville.
Three of us (Nigel, James and me) walked with all our gear to Penn Station & then Posted by Adamtrumble in Northern hemisphere 2014 | Jul 25, 2014
- Welcome Home and Thank You!Hello Landon, Ralph, Brandy, Kyle, Logan, Sarah, Joel, Dennis, Dennis, and Dave,
This is it… my final official blog entry to you all as your team leader for the Habitat for Humanity trip to Beius, Romania in July 2014. Posted by gooberkn in GV Beius 2014 | Jul 24, 2014
- Homeward Bound via Sydney for a night. It's 8am and not long until we leave for the airport. Have read some fairly average reviews of Hawaiian airlines to Sydney! Don't think I'd do it this way again, too many variables when not dealing with the airline Posted by Karen's USA in Our USA trip 2014 | Jul 24, 2014
- SeattleUnknown to Gary, Deb had arranged a surprise birthday party for Gary. Because that wasn't enough adventure for the day we started out with Kirkland Uncorked. Yet another wine tasting event!
The following day Gary and Deb headed off to Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Jul 24, 2014
- SeattleGary had the opportunity to go for a workout at what must be one of the largest gyms with our friend Liz. We are talking huge, cardio rooms with equipment as far as the eye can see,with rooms under lights Posted by GaryFray in Our Adventures | Jul 24, 2014
- London to MiamiOnce at Heathrow, we did all the usual check in, bag drop, etc. before boarding our aeroplane, the Lady Love💜. We were given a blanket, headphones and mini pillow for the flight. 1 and a half hours into the Posted by loveall2014 in ☀️Summer Holiday 2014☀️ | Jul 23, 2014
- On the way to San Francisco......Woke up in sunny Carmel - lovely modern hotel with amazing pool - see pics . We headed towards San Francisco - not far but took hours due to traffic - an unbelievable number of cars on all Posted by traff-family in The Traffs in America | Jul 23, 2014
- ChangesI spent much of the morning rearranging plans as Israel is looking dangerous.
I'm now flying to Athens from here.
I packed up and took the subway to my hotel for the night, in Hell's Kitchen on 42nd St. I'm in a Posted by Adamtrumble in Northern hemisphere 2014 | Jul 23, 2014
- Around The World By Private Jet - 2013 - Checking InAfter spending 3 days in Tarpon Springs, we drove with Susan and the three grandchildren to Orlando to spend a lovely weekend at The Ritz before the Around The World trip began. We spent a lot of time at Posted by BettySasenick in FollowMeAroundTheWorld | Oct 28, 2013
- Welcome!This is the true and absolutely authentic account of how my wife, son, and self survived punishing plane flights, high altitude hiking, technological deprivations, and clumsy attempts at speaking S Posted by hippocampus in Saludos South America 2014 | Jul 22, 2014
- NYC - a crazy city A fun day today observing life in New York.
Subway rides are great for people watching & staying way uptown at 187th means a long ride downtown.
My first ride had a a woman with a shortened leg with a prothetic lower Posted by Adamtrumble in Northern hemisphere 2014 | Jul 22, 2014
- Pearl HarbourMy tour to Pearl Harbour today was time well spent and I thank all who recommended it to me. Glad I didn't miss it.
The initial news that no bags are allowed threw me a bit and I had Posted by Karen's USA in Our USA trip 2014 | Jul 22, 2014
- Around The World By Private Jet - 2013 - Prelude
Nine countries in 21 days - October 29 to November 19, 2013
Around The World by Private Jet. An Icelandair operated Boeing 757, re-configured to hold 78 passengers instead of the standard 233 Posted by BettySasenick in FollowMeAroundTheWorld | Oct 27, 2013
Well...isn't that how good things usually start ? Cautious...tenuous...unsure...
Feh...let's just dive right in!
So this is the first blog entry I've ever written ! I suppose I should probably have included Dama in this from the Posted by OddManOut in DnD - International Convention 2014 | Jul 22, 2014
- Many thanksBefore I get home and the normality of life takes over again, I want to make a note of some people I am extremely grateful to / for.
Most especially, the three wonderful people I have shared this trip with. Andrew, Posted by Karen's USA in Our USA trip 2014 | Jul 22, 2014