- RattlesnakeMost of our hikes in Kenya include a steep climb to arrive a viewpoint, a 5 minutes contemplation of the vast view and then a much faster descent to the point of origin. So far the state of Washington presented Posted by jefvincent in not the end of the road | Apr 21, 2017
When we arrived in Seattle Lisa had armed us with a todo / tosee twopager that was the synthesis of her 5 years of local expertise. This one was high on the list.
Taking off on water. Never done. Discovering Posted by jefvincent in not the end of the road | Apr 20, 2017
- Anna Maria Island, Part 2: Shackin' Up The next day we decided to do a little shopping in AMI's northernmost neighborhood, Anna Maria village.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/293321/2015_AMI_ShinyFish_-_2.j Posted by TraceyG in Escape From New York | Apr 17, 2017
- TrollAn extension to the beer chapter. It is 8:30 PM. A giant concrete troll crawls out if his hole under a bridge over the highway. A line of more than 100 connoisseurs takes shape. At 9 PM, a car of Posted by jefvincent in not the end of the road | Apr 19, 2017
- beerLisa and Ryan have a passion for beer, with a specialisation in sour beers. We Belgians think that we are the champions of the beerbrewing universe, but during the first days in Seattle I discover a vibrant microbrewery scene that Posted by jefvincent in not the end of the road | Apr 19, 2017
Anacortes is a quiet boring happy city north of Seattle, close to the Canadian border, mainly known for its ferry to the San Juan Islands that tout for tourists on the local TV with an intensity that smells like desperation. Posted by jefvincent in not the end of the road | Apr 18, 2017
- April 15-16 - MIAMI & KEY WEST, FLORIDA, USA
The World Cruise ended in Miami on Saturday morning and as most of our friends began their journeys home, 900 excited new guests joined us. There was also a mas Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 8 | Apr 18, 2017
- Anna Maria Island, Part 1: A Freaki Tiki Good Time Locals call it the "Florida Easy Button." Coastal Living magazine calls it one of their "dream towns." And Travel and Leisure dubs it a "quiet escape" and touts its "sandy seclusion." Why all the fuss over a Posted by TraceyG in Escape From New York | Apr 18, 2017
- Reflecting on 100 blog entriesSince I started the blog I have uploaded more than 800 pictures and entered 100 small and larger texts.
I sent the link to the blog to about 60 people – merely people who were recipients of my newsletter, a few Posted by jefvincent in not the end of the road | Apr 17, 2017
- 15-Goodbye WilmingtonAfter my boat ride on the Cape Fear river, I took the time to walk around the waterfront area.
Scroll to the bottom of this blog entry to view a map of the downtown area.
===Water Street and Boardwalk===
Here are Posted by charmed.one005 in Wilmington, North Carolina | Apr 17, 2017
- 14-Cape Fear River boat tour in WilmingtonOn our last day in Wilmington, I took a boat tour by myself on the Cape Fear river. (Brian went to watch a tennis tournament at a local university.)
Captain Wendy narrated the tour as the boat went south under Posted by charmed.one005 in Wilmington, North Carolina | Apr 16, 2017
- 13-Lejeune Memorial GardensThe [[https://jacksonvillenc.gov/index.aspx?nid=648|Lejeune Memorial Gardens]] in Jacksonville is home to the Beirut Memorial, Onslow Vietnam Veteran's Memorial, a 9/11 Memorial and the Montford Point Marine Memorial.
The Memorial Gardens are situated Posted by charmed.one005 in Wilmington, North Carolina | Apr 16, 2017
- Adventure is WorthwhileGreetings!
The starting place for my husband Ryan and my cross-country road trip occurs in the easternmost state, also known as the greatest state in the USA... Maine! We depart this Friday, April 21 for what is certain to be the Posted by Parsons123 in Ryan & Cassie's Cross-Country Adventure! | Apr 16, 2017
- April 14 - KEY WEST, FLORIDA, USA
The iconic Customs House welcomed us back to the United States of the final day in port of the world cruise.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/92262/B348AFE2 Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 8 | Apr 16, 2017
- Surfs upAfter more days chilling were now at our last boat day so after a champagne breakfast and watching the military flyover we check out and head to the beach where we spend the day.
We spend the day on the beach Posted by Ewoolsontour in The Ewool American Adventure | Apr 16, 2017
- Making portSo today we do the things you have to do in florida lie in the sun and go to the beach
Where find a crazy golf!! where we eat at a beach front surfer cafe and then listen ton live Posted by Ewoolsontour in The Ewool American Adventure | Apr 16, 2017
- Next stop paradiseSo after waiting around in mobile were finally at pensacola. Met by our amazing host who showed us around the boat we would be caling home.
The place is absolutely amazing; luxurious and a real treat. We sat watched Posted by Ewoolsontour in The Ewool American Adventure | Apr 16, 2017
- SAMThe Seattle Art Museum is a very decent modern museum, not comparable to the Metropolitan in New York but still. It hosts an African art collection that I wanted to see at any price, because of one particular mask. The Posted by jefvincent in not the end of the road | Apr 16, 2017
- 12-Sneads Ferry==Sneads Ferry==
Sneads Ferry is mainly a fishing village. According to [[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sneads_Ferry,_North_Carolina|Wikipedia]], the village annually catches over 385 tons of shrimp, 25 tons of flounder, and approximately 493 tons of o Posted by charmed.one005 in Wilmington, North Carolina | Apr 15, 2017
- 11-Surf City and Topsail BeachSurf City is a town located on Topsail Island which is about 40 minutes drive north of Wilmington. Topsail Island is a 41.8 km long barrier island off the coast of North Carolina. Prior to World War II, Topsail Island Posted by charmed.one005 in Wilmington, North Carolina | Apr 15, 2017
- Practice, practice, practiceYesterday we travelled to the Everglades, Joy, Samantha, Damon, and myself. It was an enjoyable adventure through one of Florida's National Parks.
Please let me know if you can view this picture.
That will make a beautiful Posted by steven1600 in The Trambunctious Leporine | Apr 15, 2017
- Chapel HillOn Thursday 14/4 we travelled from Pinehurst NC to Chapel Hill NC by way of Pinehurst Shuttle to Raleigh Durham Airport and taxi to Chapel Hill. Taxi fares are quite cheap here and competitive with Uber.
Chapel Hill is the town Posted by John McReynolds in USA and Canada 2017 | Apr 15, 2017
- 10-Carolina BeachCarolina Beach is a town in New Hanover County, North Carolina. It is part of the Wilmington metropolitan area. It is about 1/2 hour drive south of Wilmington.
The region of Carolina Beach is on a peninsula between Cape Fear river Posted by charmed.one005 in Wilmington, North Carolina | Apr 14, 2017
- 09-Historic Homes Tour==Historic Homes Tour==
Each April during the annual Azalea Festival, the Historic Wilmington Foundation features a showcase of historic homes in Wilmington, NC. The cost of one ticket is $30/person, the profits go to the Historic Wilmington Foundation Posted by charmed.one005 in Wilmington, North Carolina | Apr 14, 2017
- Not a smooth startWith my backpack and day sack packed and repacked for the nth time, my mum drove me to Heathrow this morning. I've been feeling a little apprehensive about travelling solo for two months but following pep talks with friends last Posted by izzy_hay in Central America & Beyond 2017 | Apr 14, 2017