- The Breathtaking Canyons of the Colorado PlateauMonday, day 41: the Grand Canyon! Wow, it was just as grand and majestic as the previous time I saw it. It was Koen’s first time here; he was also very impressed by the beauty of it. He was the Posted by DutchiesAbroad in Roadtrip USA 2016 | Aug 28, 2016
- Breakthrough: the beginning of a JourneyMonday, day 34: Bored of hanging around at the RV park all day and pondering what to do about the car situation we thought it was a good idea to channel our inner child again. So we decided to cycle Posted by DutchiesAbroad in Roadtrip USA 2016 | Aug 27, 2016
There is no way I won't offend someone with this comment, so I'll just come stra Posted by paulymx in Paul & Shelly's World Tour 2016 | Aug 27, 2016
- MemphisWithout Elvis Presley, there wouldn't be very many tourists in Memphis. It does have the famous street of the blues on Beale street, but that's about it. We stayed downtown and the city seemed very down at heel. Many shops Posted by paulymx in Paul & Shelly's World Tour 2016 | Aug 27, 2016
- National ParksToday I took a 10 hour bus tour of Yellowstone and it was wonderful. Our tour guide had worked in Yellowstone when he was in college. He met his wife here and now they are both retired and came Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Aug 26, 2016
- National ParksToday I left Jackson Hole, Wyoming at 9:00am. It took me 4 hours to drive all the way around to enter Yellowstone through the West Entrance. If it hadn't been for the fire, it would have taken me an hour Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Aug 25, 2016
- Visit the East coast Brunton's - Dec. 8th (night)12/8/2015 - we make a run taking the subway from Union Station out to Arlington to see brother Charlie, Laura, and their kids Andrew & Emily. They made us appetizers, a great dinner and a sumptuous dessert! I Posted by mombrunton in Washington DC - New York trip Dec. 2015 | Aug 25, 2016
- 1 Week to Go !!!![center]
Excitement a plenty as we approach the final week before we head off to Las Vegas[/center]
Full 5 days of action packed adventure. Staying at the Golden Nugget we are l Posted by matt74maximus in Hangover Part IV | Aug 25, 2016
- July 31 to August 15, 2016
Greers Ferry Lake, the reservoir formed by the dam on the Little Red River three miles northeast of Heber Springs, Arkansas, has 1, Posted by JudyandTim2015 in Happy Trails To You - 2016 | Aug 25, 2016
- Oregon - Bend
Bend, Beautiful Bend.......
This was such a full on week in Bend, we feel we needed to push on for a holiday!
Due to the fact that we could not get the extra night at Hood River - W Posted by Taqui in Vancouver and America | Aug 25, 2016
- VicksburgIn 1862 the US went to war with itself. Up until this time wars were fought mainly between armies. Occasionally some towns and civilians got in the way but in the main, casualties were primarily military. The south was primarily Posted by paulymx in Paul & Shelly's World Tour 2016 | Aug 25, 2016
- New Orleans Part of the reason we chose to stop in Merida was that it had an international airport with flights to the US. We booked a flight to New Orleans via Dallas that should have had us in by about Posted by paulymx in Paul & Shelly's World Tour 2016 | Aug 24, 2016
- Whitefish, MontanaWhich comes first - the tourist or the town's charm?
I had imagined I would stay in [[http://www.kalispell.com/home/|Kalispell ]]for a few days R and R. But there was nothing about its streets that made me want to stay. Whitefish was a Posted by pscotterly in North by Northwest | Aug 24, 2016
- National Parks This morning I left Lava Hot Springs and drove to Grand Teton National Park. The drive was really beautiful along the snake river. There weren't very many cars along the road. I saw farms and lots of Idaho mountains. I Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Aug 23, 2016
- National ParksI left Salt Lake City early and drove to Lava Hot Springs. I had looked on my iPad and it said that it was a wonderful town. It was on my way so I booked a hotel and stopped there. Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Aug 23, 2016
- On to the Next Adventure
Time for both of us to move on.
Paola had an 8 AM plane flight through Denver to New York LaGuardia. After two bus rides and a taxi, she should arrive at Posted by pscotterly in North by Northwest | Aug 23, 2016
- Paula and Paola Time to leave Two Medicine Campground.
Now, it was time fo Posted by pscotterly in North by Northwest | Aug 23, 2016
- Paula and Paola Play in Glacier Park- Thursday and FridayThursday broke a bit cool with rain imminent . We tried to secure the tent against bad weather by adding my rain poncho to the tarp canopy.
We headed to the camp store and bought wood and a much Posted by pscotterly in North by Northwest | Aug 23, 2016
- Paula and Paola Play in Glacier Park- WednesdayWednesday morning broke bright and sunny. Paola quickly learned the breakfast and wash-up routine and we decided to take a walk around Two Medicine Lake.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/510746/We_Are_Not_Climbing_That.jpg caption=We Are Not Climbi Posted by pscotterly in North by Northwest | Aug 23, 2016
- Paula and Paola Play in Glacier ParkI flew into Calgary Sunday night after 24 hours in Denver. I spent the night in the same campground outside Fort Macleod, Alberta that I had 48 hours ago.
Next on the itinerary was Glacier National Park in Montana, USA. My Posted by pscotterly in North by Northwest | Aug 22, 2016
- Quinn's graduation celebration extravaganzaKristen and I flew to Seattle in June so that I could participate in my graduation ceremony from the University of Washington. I just finished up my Master's of Sustainable Transportation degree that I have been working on for 3 Posted by trackers in ¡Global Nada! | Aug 22, 2016
- Denver HysteriaGrandson Bazil studies at one of[[http://locations.schoolofrock.com/denver| Denver's Schools of Rock]],
I promised him I would return to Denver for his end of term concert at the [[http://www.tavernhg.com/soiled-dove/shows|Soiled Dove Underground]] -thin Posted by pscotterly in North by Northwest | Aug 22, 2016
- New York City layoverIt was a strange feeling, leaving Billy and the Dominican Republic. I kissed Billy goodbye at the bus stop and traveled from Cabarete to Santo Domingo alone. I spent the afternoon with Billy's family, visiting his sister who was recovering Posted by chasingsummer in Chasing Forever Summer | Aug 22, 2016
- National ParksToday I got up and drove through the 22 mile scenic tour of Bryce Canyon. I stopped at many of the scenic views and took pictures. It was great. I then took off and drove the four hour trip to Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Aug 21, 2016
- National ParksToday I took the shuttle from Ruby's Inn to Bryce Canyon Park. I went to the visitor center first and watched a movie on Bryce Canyon. It was really good and told you how the rocks were formed and how Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Aug 21, 2016