- Day 14 - FairbanksWell, we've been thwarted by the weather yet again. The plan was to fly to Coldfoot & land in the Arctic circle. Due to the weather, plan B was put into effect. We were to fly past Beddle so underneath Posted by KarenWekwerth in Canada/Alaska | Sep 15, 2016
- the Coast of Highway 1 and San Francisco (part 1)Saturday, day 53: from Arco we drove in the direction of Crater Lake, but did not quite get all the way there. After many hours of driving we got to Riley at dusk. Not tired yet, we decided to keep Posted by DutchiesAbroad in Roadtrip USA 2016 | Sep 14, 2016
- Day 12, 13, 14 - The Florida KeysThe Miami transit system is clean and efficient - but what most impressed us were the people riding it! Most everyone so friendly, helpful & so courteous - - not at all what we expected, and not our general experience Posted by buniconk in AMTRAK-ing (zig-zagging) AROUND AMERICA | Sep 14, 2016
- Day 13 - FairbanksWhat a day we have had today. We said goodbye to Denali & drove to Fairbanks. The autumn colors here are amazing. We had lunch at Fairbanks before boarding a Sternwheeler boat for a 3 hr cruise. Posted by KarenWekwerth in Canada/Alaska | Sep 14, 2016
- Here we go again!Hellooooo everyone! Welcome to our second European trip blog. This time we're visiting the Czech Republic, Germany, Austria, northern Switzerland and taking a river boat cruise up the Rhine to Amsterdam. We'll then head south to Brugge Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2016 | Sep 13, 2016
- The shock of realityAfter such a wonderful time connecting with nature in Arizona and Utah, we arrived back to Las Vegas, Nevada late and tired after a full day of driving and exploring. We tried to check into our initial hotel, but they Posted by chasingsummer in Chasing Forever Summer | Sep 13, 2016
- Some last days in the US before heading to CanadaAfter a quiet night - without any vampire sightings - in Forks we headed for the Mora beach. We planned to have a hike along the beach and as it was raining by far more than just a mere drizzle, Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Sep 13, 2016
- Day 11 - MiamiAfter we got settled in our Miami hotel room & explored the facility, we realized the hotel was missing several of the advertised amenities (because of remodeling). We've traveled enough to know that in most cases you don't have Posted by buniconk in AMTRAK-ing (zig-zagging) AROUND AMERICA | Sep 11, 2016
- Day 9 &10 - "Empire Service" and "The Silver Meteor"Somehow I thought we were departing from the Amtrak station in Canada's Niagara Falls (because an Amtrak train does operate between NYC and Toronto with a stop at the Canadian Niagara Falls Amtrak Station). The day before we were to Posted by buniconk in AMTRAK-ing (zig-zagging) AROUND AMERICA | Sep 10, 2016
- Day 12 - Denali Princess LodgeOh what a morning it was. We went to the Husky Homestead after breakfast. It was amazing. The welcoming committee met us just after we got off the bus. 7-8 week old husky puppies. They Posted by KarenWekwerth in Canada/Alaska | Sep 12, 2016
- 20. Lazy morning and the Coit Tower muralsFriday 26th
I had planned to get up at a reasonable time today and go for a wander round the City but my bed was so comfy and my bedroom was so nice that I just ended up having a nice Posted by cazbatt in American Adventures | Sep 12, 2016
- 19. Chilling in San FranThursday 25th
So I can't remember going to bed last night - well I didn't really go to bed, I woke up fully clothed on top of the covers -oops!! When we piece things together / are filled in on Posted by cazbatt in American Adventures | Sep 12, 2016
- 18. San Fran, the catamaran and fab, funny drunkenness!! Wednesday 24th
Up bright and breezy today for a long drive to San Francisco which will take about 5 hours. We need to have breakfast done with (plain bagel and peanut butter for me today) the camp cleaned and put Posted by cazbatt in American Adventures | Sep 12, 2016
- 17. Rock climbing in YosemiteTuesday 23rd
Today is classed as a free day - free but we still have to be up and away for 7am to get into Yosemite village which will take about an hour and fifteen.
I was actually awake just after five Posted by cazbatt in American Adventures | Sep 12, 2016
- We're Out!Changing plans is our new specialty...
So we have finally reached a good stop with wifi. I will do my best to update without rambling...
We skipped Maine. Ha! On our drive to the border we decided we didn't want to go Posted by AK Adventures in Two Drifters | Sep 12, 2016
- Day 11 - September 11 AlaskaA tribute to September 11 victims
Posted by KarenWekwerth in Canada/Alaska | Sep 11, 2016
- Day 10 - Mt McKinley sunsetWow!
Posted by KarenWekwerth in Canada/Alaska | Sep 10, 2016
- Day 11 - Denali Princess lodge
More fantastic scenery today. We left the Mt McKinley princess lodge after breakfast & went to the Joanne Porterfield homestead to learn about pioneer life prior to boarding the Midnight Sun express. The train was amazing Posted by KarenWekwerth in Canada/Alaska | Sep 11, 2016
- 7 Things To Do in Sedona
If you ever happen to visit this magical place, these are the 7 Things To Do in Sedona:
Go Rock Watching!
You could stay in Sedona for weeks and still be able do discover Posted by lbob in Little bites of beauty | Sep 11, 2016
- Trial Trip and PostHey blog readers!
The countdown to our next adventure is on! In October, we'll be checking out everything (we wish) that the New England states have to offer. We have three weeks planned out that start and end in Posted by Acw415 in Jeremy & Ashley: New England in the Fall | Sep 11, 2016
- Day 10 - McKinley Princess Lodge
Today we said goodbye the the coral princess 😣. What am amazing day we've had. After going through the 8am Whittier tunnel we went to the Alaskan conservation centre where we saw animals that had been Posted by KarenWekwerth in Canada/Alaska | Sep 10, 2016
- IntroductionWe retired in June, and a piece of advice we had read was that for educators, the first start-of-school after retiring was often difficult, so the recommendation was to travel that first fall. Right after the Brexit vote, we Posted by camner in Ireland and London 2016 | Sep 7, 2016
- Day 9 - College Fiord
Last full day on the ship & what a day it was. After breakfast I did a Zumba class. It was only 30 mins as the room was booked for other activities. It was a great Posted by KarenWekwerth in Canada/Alaska | Sep 10, 2016
- Day 6, 7 & 8 - Niagara FallsInserting a couple of short flights in our itinerary spared us from several bad Amtrak connections with long layovers on minor routes when I was planning a Niagara Falls stopover. Those flights were a reminder [i]why we really like train Posted by buniconk in AMTRAK-ing (zig-zagging) AROUND AMERICA | Sep 8, 2016
- Day 8 - Glacier BayOmg, omg, omg - I got it last night....Lady Aurora danced for me. Naked eye green glow 😊. The cloud came & went obscuring my view at times but the show was worth seeing. Today we cruised around Glacier Bay. The Posted by KarenWekwerth in Canada/Alaska | Sep 9, 2016