- 11th September 2015Today we were allowed more of a relaxing start to the day. We woke up around 8:00am and lay in bed watching the final set of the 2nd Women's Semifinals of the US Open. Roberta Vinci from Italy beat Serena Posted by JimmyAndo1 in USA Trip 2015 | Sep 12, 2015
- Buzzing TechiesIf you've looked at any blog photo's you'll have seen that they are credited to Gazza. This is erroneous, the majority of them have been taken by Charm. Her college photography training is coming into its own here because the Posted by Gazza Wilson in Deserts, Canyons, Mountains & Leaves | Sep 11, 2015
- Wine Tasting Limousine Tours in Toms River NJNew Jersey wines have firmly established a national and international award winning status with expert vintners and unique vintages. More than 48 wineries operating in New Jersey produce not only grape wine but also wines from other local fruits such Posted by PreferredLimoNJ in Preferred Limousine | Sep 11, 2015
- TRAVEL IN FIRST CLASS BEFORE YOU EVEN GET TO THE AIRPORTIntroducing the newest innovation to hit the transportation services industry in years… namely a return to the good old days of professional, amenity filled, customer oriented limousine and car service.Travel in style around NJ and NYC with Preferred Limo Posted by PreferredLimoNJ in TRAVEL IN FIRST CLASS | Sep 11, 2015
- Grand Canyon.On the journey through to the Grand Canyon we stopped at Walnut Canyon National Monument. It's an ancient Native American cliff dwelling settlement. Amazing how they lived throughout the whole of the canyon, difficult to understand how they got safe Posted by Gazza Wilson in Deserts, Canyons, Mountains & Leaves | Sep 11, 2015
- Elephant Butte Lake, New MexicoThe saying goes that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Keeping that in mind this blog will be very short and only here for remembrance sake. We spent Labor Day weekend Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Sep 6, 2015
- A Picture's Worth a Thousand WordsWhile the airplane was being lovingly cared for in Billings, Gary and I spent the last two days in Yellostone National Park. What can I say that hasn't been said? It is an amazing beautiful place, so here are a Posted by MBaker in Freedom in an RV6 | Sep 11, 2015
- 10th September 2015Today we rose early again.. We were up at 7:00am and we were aiming to leave to visit the Kilauea Iki Lava Lake and the Thurston Lava Tube. We were fortunate enough to walk through a once active lava tube! Posted by JimmyAndo1 in USA Trip 2015 | Sep 11, 2015
- On top of Old SmokySam
It was our second full day in the Smokies, and we woke early to get as much in as possible before the forecast afternoon thunderstorms. So we went to Clingmans Dome, the highest peak in the park and the third Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Sep 11, 2015
- My Favorite MomentsNearly one year since we sold our house, our possessions, and quit my job to travel; I managed to lose 15 pounds, learn a lot, and have grown and changed for the better (I hope).
I acknowledge and offer deep gratitude Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | Sep 11, 2015
- Visit to Yakutat BayNot a brilliant start to the day, solid overcast with rain and temperatures forecast to range from 10°C to 12°C. Had grand intentions to attend various enrichment lectures in the Theatre. I was in there less than 10 Posted by greynomadm in 2015-08 Alaska | Sep 10, 2015
- Off on our road trip.We picked up the car, a mean & moody looking black Grand Cherokee Jeep and spent about 30mins just getting familiar with it before setting off from Phoenix. Initially my left leg was flapping around a bit as it has Posted by Gazza Wilson in Deserts, Canyons, Mountains & Leaves | Sep 10, 2015
- Mama Said There'd be Days Like This We got a nice early start from Norfolk, planning to fly through South Dakota, over the badlands, past Mount Rushmore and Crazy Horse monuments, and after a quick fuel stop in Custer, ending up in Billings MT in the early Posted by MBaker in Freedom in an RV6 | Sep 10, 2015
- Day Fifteen - Kenai to WittierManaged to get the fire going last night - worked so well we had to leave the door open. Also finally managed to upload the blogs for the past few days.
This morning we packed our bags for the last Posted by greynomadm in 2015-08 Alaska | Sep 10, 2015
- 9th September 2015Today we were up at 7:00am again this morning. We had to complete our 3 hour drive to the Mauna Kilauea. We got our final things packed and drove off towards the summit of one of the main volcanoes of Posted by JimmyAndo1 in USA Trip 2015 | Sep 10, 2015
- Deadwood to Sheridan. Deadwood to Sheridan.
Departed Deadwood on way to Sheridan, via Devil's Tower, the mountain seen in the film Close encounters of the third kind. Amazing place, President Roosevelt called it the first American National Monument, Indian history gives it a Posted by Steveandkeren in Midwest usa | Sep 9, 2015
- 8th September 2015Today we had an early start as we had to meet the Sea Quest crew at Keauhou Bay at 8:15 am and it was an hour drive from our resort. We loaded our gear onto the boat and Captain Bill Posted by JimmyAndo1 in USA Trip 2015 | Sep 9, 2015
- We're going on a plane trip. It's going to be a big one!You know the song! Sing along!
We're going on a plane trip. It's going to be a big one!
Oh, no! There's a big fat storm!
Can't go over it, can't go under Posted by MBaker in Freedom in an RV6 | Sep 9, 2015
- Glaciers All AboutFirst item on the agenda once on the ship was to have a Muster Drill and learn the safety stuff and how to put on a life jacket. Unlike on planes, we had to actually PRACTISE it! And Posted by OwenGadflies in Go North East, New Retirees | Sep 8, 2015
- Smokin'After a peaceful morning in Nashville, we returned to the happy staff at the Greyhound terminal, and caught the bus to Knoxville, via Cookville and Crossville. Not particularly imaginative names in Tennessee.
Our taxi driver in Knoxville was a charact Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Sep 8, 2015
- Day Fourteen - Floating Down the RiverAnother really healthy breakfast and we're all fired up to go rafting on the Kenai River. The shuttle picked us up at the main lodge and dropped us off at the launch site for the 11 mile drift down Posted by greynomadm in 2015-08 Alaska | Sep 8, 2015
- Day Thirteen - Copper River to KenaiBright sunny day as we leave the Copper River Lodge and head South West in the direction of Anchorage and on to the Kenai Peninsula. The drive is quite pleasant on the paved highway wit the most amazing scenery Posted by greynomadm in 2015-08 Alaska | Sep 8, 2015
- Day Twelve - Copper River LodgeWoke up feeling awful and had no desire to get up. Jenny convinced me that we were not up to the scheduled excursion for today. She went down to the front desk to cancel our attendance. Sadly Posted by greynomadm in 2015-08 Alaska | Sep 8, 2015
- Day Eleven - Danali to Copper RiverBreakfast in King Salmon then collect our carry-on to board the coach. Driver Patrick pointed out the important feature that distinguishes a 'bus' from a 'coach' - coaches have a rest room. An important feature on an eight Posted by greynomadm in 2015-08 Alaska | Sep 8, 2015
- Day 2 Las VegasWe got out and about early for vegas (9:30) after a sleep in
We brought some bus tickets which give you hop on hop off for 3 days which is fantastic and we jumped on and off at various spots. Posted by rohanbrown in Our journeys | Sep 6, 2015