- AlaskaSo Monday dawned a little brighter at Icy Strait Point. We had booked a tour here for the world's longest [[http://www.ziprider.com/rides/icy-strait-point/|zipline]] and it did not disappoint. We were met at the wharf by a bus that took us up some Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Jun 10, 2015
- Sweet Home AlabamaAlabama is also somewhat boring. It's lovely, in the way that many of the other states we've been through thus far have been lovely: Lush, green. But there's less variation. There's no thrill of rising mountains or the illusion seeing Posted by MiriG in Post-College Stress Disorder | Jun 9, 2015
- The campIt was sunday morning, and I woke up from other early birds. It was almost 7, just before my own alarm would set off. Turning that off, I managed to slowly but surely wake up. This was slowly followed by Posted by dykam in Alone in the USA | Jun 9, 2015
- As we begin our journey.....Let us take a moment to admire my brand new piece of luggage, as I fear that it will not be as pretty following international travel.
During our last European trip, Posted by Cybercsp in London, Paris and Normandy | Jun 9, 2015
- Portland to Victoria in British ColumbiaA 7:45am start as we wanted a quick 2-hour run up to Olympia on the Interstate 5 so we could get onto Highway 101 and drive alongside the Hood Canal (it's not a canal, it's a fjord). Our first impression Posted by kforge in Kevin & Jeni's Travels 2015 - USA&Canada | Jun 9, 2015
- Chuang Yen MonasteryThe mind is everything. What you think, you will become. These are the words of wisdom from Siddhartha Gautama also know as Gautama Buddha or the Supreme Buddha. Those words were emphasized by our guide on my visit to Posted by HappyWanderer in Daytrippers | Jun 9, 2015
- Charleston, SC
O how I love Charleston. Ive visited many many times and each time seem to find something new and exciting. This blog is primarily just a list of all the tasty restaurants in Charlesto Posted by ashm686 in Oh the places you'll go | Jun 9, 2015
- The City of Dreams!Finally, I have begun my dream trip!
I'll be staying at the New York Marriott Marquis. Oh my goodness, is this four star hotel beautiful.
It is in the heart of Times Square and even has a revolving restaurant on the Posted by candacedaley in My Dream Trip around the World | Jun 8, 2015
- Mt Rushmore to DenverThe Dead Presidents
As a foreigner, I can say Americans have a really weird relationship with their democracy and their presidents. The democracy they established back in 1788 was pretty unique in the world at that time, but things have Posted by paulymx in North by northwest 2014 | Jun 8, 2015
- Bye Maui & Hello to LAFinally getting some time to sit down and write a post, so apologies as it will probably be a long one - so here goes.
Last week we spent the last of our days in Maui at the beach, shopping Posted by MorganErikaOE in Love & Adventures | Jun 7, 2015
- Atlanta, take twoToday started out as every good day should, with coffee. We then joined our fantastic friend Avrumi for more coffee at the Cafe Intermezzo that offers so many coffee choices, I may have ignored my wonderful friends and instead spent Posted by shari36 in Post-College Stress Disorder | Jun 8, 2015
- One Last Big HurrahI just can't quit!
In March, I was contacted with an opportunity I have wanted to do for several years. My first reaction was "Oh no, I can't do that. I have been going so many places this past year!"
That reaction Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Jun 8, 2015
- The Best of Machu PicchuThe world is absolutely filled of exquisite spectacles. Sometimes, the hardest decision of every vacationer is to choose his next stop. A lifetime wouldn’t be enough to explore all wonders of the earth, and it is important to choose well Posted by alicebrown01 in Machu Picchu | Jun 8, 2015
- Miami, USAAfter leaving Whistler and departing from Vancouver International Airport it is now time to continue with my journey around the world and go to my next stop which is Miami, Florida. While in Miami I will be staying in Holiday Posted by Adam46 in Dream Trip | Jun 8, 2015
- Almost Heaven...Leaving Asheville our livers were telling us it was time for a couple of nights off, so after a quick milkshake we headed to West Virginia for some fun in the great outdoors. This started with a drive through the Posted by Matt Cocken in Matt's Massive Holiday! | Apr 8, 2015
- PortlandA short walk from the hotel and we were at the Convention Center tram-stop. We bought a very reasonable $5 all-day ticket and hopped on a tram to the Theatre and Gallery area. The Portland Art Museum is very large Posted by kforge in Kevin & Jeni's Travels 2015 - USA&Canada | Jun 7, 2015
- Northern Oregon and Southern Washington==Weeks 10-11==
Miles traveled: 6376
National/State Parks Visited: 16
This couple of weeks has been spent in the Portland area, then up to Mt. Saint Helens in southern Washington and back into Oregon to visit Astoria.
We left the Posted by RnCtravel in Adventures of Rachael and Chris | Jun 7, 2015
- Day 35 - Tuesday/Wednesday 2nd/3rd June 2015After nearly five weeks on the move, it was time to pack our bags one final time for the journey back home. We got ourselves up and ready and ate a quick breakfast downstairs and had all our belongings out Posted by Ace from Oz in Canada/Alaska Adventure | Jun 7, 2015
- Lincoln City to PortlandIt's was very foggy and around 56F as we left Lincoln City. The digital fuel gauge was showing 45 miles left as we cruised past the first petrol station just outside the City. There would be loads of petrol on Posted by kforge in Kevin & Jeni's Travels 2015 - USA&Canada | Jun 7, 2015
- ATLI'm sitting at the Summers' kitchen table, hoping my laptop doesn't decide that wifi is an unacceptable form of internet. Shari's in the back yard, relaxing in the grass. There's a constant stream of birds fluttering to the feeders Posted by MiriG in Post-College Stress Disorder | Jun 7, 2015
- Brazil Comes to AmericaMany of you who know me know that I'm a bit of a music junkie. I went to my first concert in 2000 to see the Black Eyed Peas, Lit (Remember them?), and No Doubt perform at what-was-then the Sleep Posted by mbeymer in Our Story | Jun 7, 2015
- Coming HomeFriends, this will be the final post of what has been a truly amazing journey.
I have been home for a week now and over that time I have been trying to figure out the best way to tie all Posted by meagle in No Dreams Deferred | Jun 7, 2015
- AlaskaWe bid a sad farewell to Carole and Hans' on Friday as they dropped us off at Canada Place to board our ship the Celebrity Millennium. Cruising so often is starting to pay off as we jumped the queue to Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Jun 7, 2015
- Back For More, Will Be Updating On A Regular BasisSometimes life and work get the better of you and the easier things / distractions seem to take second place - ie. I'm making an excuse for not really focusing our our blog here. 2015 has been a hectic year Posted by indietraveler in Indie Traveler | Jun 6, 2015
- Gaming in the skyThe hostel wasn't really what I expected, it was much, much bigger. Once you get used to the squeaky doors and rambling lifts, it is a very nice, safe place. On the ground floor there are several lounge rooms, with Posted by dykam in Alone in the USA | Jun 6, 2015