- Antelope Canyon[center][/center]
[float=right] Last stop before heading home... Turned out to be one of the most spectacular parks we've seen. Beautiful colorful walls with the morning sun. We made it first Posted by estrellaswan in estrellaswan.adventures | Jul 13, 2014
- Change of plansWell, we are still on the road but we had to change the plan because of the Canadian laws. Some of us were not going to be allowed to drive thru the country, so we have changed our route and Posted by MikesDream in MikesDream | Jul 13, 2014
- Nugent Family VacationThis week my parents and I explored the southwest corner of Colorado in the small town of Durango. We filled our days enjoying the beautiful outdoors whitewater kayaking down the Animas river and through Smelter rapids as well as on Posted by CDCHannah in My Year on the Road | Jul 13, 2014
- Chicago - WashingtonYesterday was sufficiently unexciting that no update was warranted.
I was up early and caught the train to the Chicago Midway airport for the flight to Washington. Southwest Airlines for the third time - it's a good airline. We left early Posted by Adamtrumble in Northern hemisphere 2014 | Jul 12, 2014
- Another day at the ranch.Today began slowly again and it was just me, Jess, Claire (16) and Caroline (13) (Joes daughters who arrived yesterday from Denver) as all the others had gone to the trailhead to take the horses up for a scheduled Posted by Karen's USA in Our USA trip 2014 | Jul 12, 2014
- Bester goes to Castro!Today was my last day in the San Francisco hostel in which I had made so many friends. I loaded up on raisin toast and bagel Posted by larabester in Bester goes Abroad! | Jul 11, 2014
- Days 18-21: The Longest Road to Bison Country
At the crack of dawn on Sunday, we packed up and got the longest drive of the trip underway. We made it from Portland to Yellowstone NP, crossing into the Mountain time zone, in about 1 Posted by neveron in P and E Go XC | Jul 11, 2014
- Day 9: On the Road Again and Dinosaurs!==Back on the Road==
Today we started our road travels again. We had such a wonderful time with Grandpa and Grandma. They spoiled us the whole time we were there! It certainly was hard to say goodbye.
We drove Posted by StriClanTravels in 2014 Stricklin Summer Vacation | Jul 11, 2014
- Day 8: A Day of Business==Uh Oh, AGAIN!==
Look at what we found AGAIN this morning! (July 10th)
We put the spare back Posted by StriClanTravels in 2014 Stricklin Summer Vacation | Jul 11, 2014
- Corn, a Hospital Visit and Birthday Cake
The annual College football game between the Florida University Gators and the Georgia University Bulldogs is a very popular game, held nearly every year since 1915. It is held in the ne Posted by dinige in Rowan Family Adventures! | Jul 11, 2014
- Las Vegas(See all the photos [[http://s981.photobucket.com/user/danseal/library/USA%20-%20May%20and%20June%202014/Las%20Vegas|here]]. Password the same as for the blog)
This was my first time in Vegas and man was I excited. A lifetime of sin city Posted by DanAndBells in Adventures with Danny & Bells | Jul 11, 2014
- Last day in ChicagoAnother beautiful day in Chicago. I was told it had been cold until the week before I arrived. In fact, the winter was very cold and the lake was almost completely frozen.
I forget to mention in an earlier post that Posted by Adamtrumble in Northern hemisphere 2014 | Jul 11, 2014
- Christmas Eve in MiamiAfter two months of living in Bolivia, I packed my bags and left on December 24th, arriving in the United States on December 25th.
[center]Hey! That's Christmas! Why would anyone fly on Christmas!? [/center]
I know, right? I don't know why Posted by DanPan in Dan Pan - The Travel Man! | Jul 11, 2014
- Alcatraz!Photos are at the bottom today! A trip to San Francisco wouldn't be complete without a trip to the infamous Alcatraz. Unfortunately all the tours had been sold out, but after some characteristic googling and detective work from me I Posted by larabester in Bester goes Abroad! | Jul 9, 2014
- Day 16: NoCal
It was incredibly hard to pull ourselves out of our beds at the Napa Marriott in the morning of Independence Day, after 8 nights of camping and hostel stays. The thought of a wine tasti Posted by neveron in P and E Go XC | Jul 10, 2014
- Day 17: Into Oregon
Amazed that this part of the country would not offer zip lining, given the number of 300' trees around, we decided instead to do a simple drive and hike through some more of the old-gro Posted by neveron in P and E Go XC | Jul 10, 2014
- Day 7: Rocky Mountain National Park and Other Matters...==Uh Oh!==
We found this first thing in the morning...
Well, we certainly weren't going to get on the road as early as we planned! After praying for wisdom, safety, and peace, the Posted by StriClanTravels in 2014 Stricklin Summer Vacation | Jul 10, 2014
- Day 9: Birds, Trees, Music, and Peace on MadelineToday I spent less time focused solely on birding and more time relaxing, enjoying the overall peacefulness and beautiful scenery of Madeline Island, and listening to beautiful music played by the music camp at which my mom is teaching. I Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 10, 2014
- Day 6: Lake Zimmerman and Exploring Grandparent's Property==Zimmerman Lake Hike==
While I stayed back at the house, Grandpa took Chris and the kids to hike up to [[http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/arp/recreation/ohv/recarea/?recid=36867&actid=50|Zimmerman Lake]]. They saw more beautiful views and wild flowers Posted by StriClanTravels in 2014 Stricklin Summer Vacation | Jul 10, 2014
- USA - Salt Lake City, UtahSalt Lake City is in Northern Utah nestled next to the Great Salt Lake. Originally founded by The Church of Jesus Christ, Latter Day Saints (Mormans) in 1847, Salt Lake City has a large central plaza called Temple Square that Posted by TheNomadWay.com in TheNomadWay.com | Jun 25, 2014
- Las Vegas to the Rockies
We got to Las Vegas on a small Canadair plane from LA.
It was even hotter there than Anaheim.
The hotel was a sight to behold, Paris themed throughout. We found it a bit hard to cope with the smoking in the Posted by Karen's USA in Our USA trip 2014 | Jul 10, 2014
- ChicagoThis morning, I walked to Wrigley Field, home of the Chicago Cubs.
After that, Posted by Adamtrumble in Northern hemisphere 2014 | Jul 9, 2014
- Rolling with My Homies * Taking the bus
** Maids, shift workers, hobos, weirdos, tourists, clowns
Before long it seemed things were coming to an end like all great things do. I was back in Los Angeles, the Posted by The Tipsy Gipsy in The Tipsy Gipsy | Jul 9, 2014
- USA - Canyonlands, UtahLast of the Utah big 5, Canyonlands is unofficially the start of the Grand Canyon. The Colorado and Green Rivers meet in the middle of the National Park, and lead down through Grant Canyon and into The Grand Canyon. There Posted by TheNomadWay.com in TheNomadWay.com | Jun 22, 2014
- Seriously Impressive CountrysideBefore heading to the campsite by Lake Powell, we'd decided to stop at Antelope Canyon - a natural 'slot canyon' worn through the sandstone hills by flood waters. The canyon is just wide enough to let hundreds of tourists make Posted by DanAndBells in Adventures with Danny & Bells | Jul 9, 2014