- Welcome to our travel journal
We set up this travel journal to allow the boys to keep in touch with friends and family. Although it is intended for them to document their experiences, Jon and I may occasionally post. Ou Posted by acg24 in Family Vacation | Jul 7, 2014
- DallasOur next big trip was both for business and pleasure! We were headed to Texas - the land of good BBQ! Since the cities are quite spread out, we decided to rent a car and check out the Fort Worth Posted by RobJill in Our Travels | Apr 25, 2013
- ChicagoAn early departure from Vegas, arriving is Chicago at lunchtime (two hour time difference).
I sat next to Kathy, a retired teacher from Iowa, with two adult children and several grand-children - she had verbal diarrhea, but left the flight knowing Posted by Adamtrumble in Northern hemisphere 2014 | Jul 6, 2014
- Day 5: La Crosse to Madeline IslandToday my mom picked me up from my aunt and uncle and we drove up from western Wisconsin to Madeline Island, a beautiful island in the Apostle Islands chain in Lake Superior north of mainland Wisconsin (we took the ferry Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 6, 2014
- San FranciscoThis was our first trip together as a couple. It was my idea to go to SF to watch the 49ers play their final regular season game against the Cardinals, but Rob was the star of this one. He planned Posted by RobJill in Our Travels | Dec 31, 2012
- Lake Livingston State ParkIn a last minute effort to get out of our hometown for the July 4th weekend, we began to scramble to find a place to take our trailer out and find some fun. It was almost impossible to get Posted by TheQuestForFun in The Eternal Quest For Fun | Jul 6, 2014
- Days 13-15: San Jose and Napa
An extended stay in the Bay Area allowed us to have a nice break from driving, stay in one place for three nights, and do some necessary errands. It also allowed for me to visit my compa Posted by neveron in P and E Go XC | Jul 5, 2014
- Got dropped off in a seedy suburb and I'm still alive. Today is a massive travel day for me! Had another homemade granola at the Finch & Fork – couldn’t leave without having the greatest breakfast again in the world! Said goodbye to the whole extended family who has invited us Posted by larabester in Bester goes Abroad! | Jul 5, 2014
- Delighting in Dunkin (late entry) Posted by lrchan in #CAtoKY | Jul 5, 2014
- A Wedding in Santa BarbaraToday was the big wedding day between Declan’s mum, Andrea, and Kent (an American). The wedding was set to start at 6pm, with the buns boys having to get ready by 2pm so we had quite a bit of time Posted by larabester in Bester goes Abroad! | Jul 5, 2014
- Last day in VegasI was keen to see the Grand Canyon, but not in the way most tourists do, so two days ago I called a few flying schools.
With the 4th of July, it was difficult finding someone, but I got a commercial Posted by Adamtrumble in Northern hemisphere 2014 | Jul 5, 2014
- Carlsbad Caverns National Park
Normally I would have wanted to be out of town for the holiday weekend but now that I am back in school I have to settle for day trips. Luc Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Jul 4, 2014
- Day 4: Last Full Day in Western WisconsinToday was my last full day spent with my aunt and uncle in the La Crosse area of western Wisconsin.
I went birding with my uncle at Trempealeau National Wildlife Refuge and other nearby places from 10:30am-2:45pm and we saw some Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 5, 2014
- Getting on Route 66After the girls prepped until 230am, we loaded, gassed up and left by 815am. We hope to avoid any weekend/holiday Las Vegas traffic and get to Barstow without delay.[img=http://photos.travellerspoi Posted by lrchan in #CAtoKY | Jul 5, 2014
- Redwood National Forest Beach Stop[center][/center][center][/center][center][/center]
Found a pretty cool little beach area in RedWood National park area. We stopped in Crescent City for the day to explore. Estelle was Posted by estrellaswan in estrellaswan.adventures | Jul 5, 2014
- Santa Barbara!Today is my big 3 hour train trip through LA countryside to the coastal mecca of Santa Barbara for the buns wedding. I booked my train ticket last minute and was lucky enough to get an empty seat next to Posted by larabester in Bester goes Abroad! | Jul 4, 2014
- Forum updates July===[[http://planespotter.freeforums.org/index.php|Cobra spotter & travel forum]]===
[[http://planespotter1.jimdo.com/|Cobra spotter & travel Club homepage]]
[b] Posted by Odd-Arne in Forum updates | Jul 4, 2014
- Echo and Me and Carol Makes ThreeThe title above comes from a comment to this blog as to what the title of our journey should be. I agree, very catchy. Thank you!!!!!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/650215/Oo Posted by carolsrv in Serendipity | Jul 4, 2014
- More VegasAfter a sleep-in, I walked down the road (in more than 100 degree F heat) and got on the bus to the strip. The fare was $2, but the machine didn't give change (and I didn't have any). The driver Posted by Adamtrumble in Northern hemisphere 2014 | Jul 4, 2014
- Fear and Loving in Las Vegas w/ a heaping side of Canyon
Not that kind of loving - Jeez! My brother lives in Las Vegas and I just travelled there to meet my new niece. Who is adorable - obviously - and I am officially in love with. Posted by travelzealot in Travel Zealot | Jul 4, 2014
- Living in MinnesotaI will be living in the Minneapolis area until at least the last week in July.
I am ready to stay in one place for a few weeks.
My original plan was to visit "all new" places, but if I Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Jul 4, 2014
- Whooping Cranes!Today I saw two WHOOPING CRANES (life bird #674), and Whooping Cranes are an endangered species, given the fact that their current wild population is under 300 birds, and possibly still declining. There are two breeding populations in the world. Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 4, 2014
- SXSW'14, Keeping Austin WeirdHi there everyone,
I'll explain the subheading in a bit, I promise.
Austin was the next stop on my American adventure, and I was looking forward to the warmer weather the Texan capital was sure to offer. I initially chose Posted by dzabell in Canada and America 2014 | Jul 4, 2014
- Good BehaviorAs we pulled out of San Rafael, CA I kept wondering about Rob and Leah's cat, I never saw it. There were dishes on the floor with cat food and water plus some toys with catnip, but I never saw Posted by rhislop in Tashi Tales | Jul 4, 2014
- DisneylandChuck and Rick had dinner with is after dropping us off at the hotel (Howard Johnson Anahaim) , and we had dinner at Downtown Disney in the Rainforest Cafe which was a whole experience in itself.
I was very sad to Posted by Karen's USA in Our USA trip 2014 | Jul 4, 2014