- The Grand Canyon
On Sunday we went in a helicopter and I got to sit in the front next to the pilot and I was the co-pilot. Posted by Walsh Family in Visiting the USA | Dec 7, 2015
- Let the Shenanigans Begin: Girls Weekend Asheville!When Matt told me he was going on a duck hunting trip with the guys in November, I knew it was time to plan a girls’ weekend. Travel in our household must be fair and equitable. It was necessary to Posted by vicki_h in . | Dec 8, 2015
- Space needle, Seattle, WashingtonMay 24, 2009
I left Denver to Washington. When I arrived, I already knew where I was headed to. I took a taxi to the Space needle in Seattle. It was such a beautiful place. The tower (Space Needle tower) was Posted by pkohlman97 in Paige's Travels | Dec 8, 2015
- Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas Black Friday, as it's known here, is a good day for us to stay out of the big stores. It's a day when bargains are possible, but the crowds are even more mental than usual, so given that most of Posted by AndiNZ in New York State of Mind | Dec 7, 2015
- Visiting Las VegasLas Vegas is a city built in the middle of a desert. Driving takes about 4 hours from Los Angelas on motorways that get up to 6 lanes each way, that is 12 lanes wide. it can be Posted by Walsh Family in Visiting the USA | Dec 5, 2015
- DisneylandYes, everything seems soooo much bigger here. This cookie is about 40 cm across.
The beach is really wide, more than t Posted by Walsh Family in Visiting the USA | Dec 3, 2015
- Troy to the WorldTroy, New York, the birthplace of the detachable collar industry, it's historic architecture is the perfect backdrop for the annual Victorian Stroll. Street performers, vendors selling their wares, music, food and the beautiful weather brought us Posted by Linda Fluckiger in Living a Dream | Dec 6, 2015
- Thanksgiving with Bya and BobAfter letting our heads rest on the pillow for a few hours we were up and ready to celebrate Thanksgiving. We had a lovely invitation from Bya (Denis's AFS host sister) and her husband Bob to join with family and Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | Dec 6, 2015
- We're Gonna Have A Little Show ParadeThursday morning, Thanksgiving, which is always celebrated on the last Thursday of November. Most stores/attractions are closed, but Black Friday shopping starts as early as this evening. The whole thing can get a bit crazy though, so a good time Posted by AndiNZ in New York State of Mind | Dec 6, 2015
- Everglades Ho!!!!We have been so incredibly busy and seen so many new things this week!!!
We were lucky enough to visit Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge and take a 3-hour guided tour through the refuge, I will let the photos speak for Posted by beckistewart1 in Stewart, Dean and Kint | Dec 6, 2015
- Casinos, cliffs and the mighty Colorado river.
It's mad to think it, but our first leg in North America is very nearly over. We've covered British Columbia, driven all the way down from Vancouver to Los Angeles Posted by CunninghamScott in Great Scott! It's an American adventure | Dec 5, 2015
- Flying Air China
When we made the final decision to go to Bali for our Honeymoon, we used our normal Expedia search Posted by BreShepard08 in BaliMoon | Dec 4, 2015
- Trip to Charleston & Savannah==Plantations==
Charleston and Savannah are two "historical" cities in the US. They both have several historical sites and beautiful plantations. Two representative plantations near Charleston are [[https://www.middletonplace.org/|Middleton Plac Posted by m5wan in On the Road / Enjoy the Food | Dec 3, 2015
- Four Give Thanks
Holiday season is upon us which seems to be the general term for the time from
Thanksgiving on the last Thursday of November to new year. Christmas decorations are up and some Christmas trees are so large that they obscure Posted by Roadtrippingusa in Four go off on a road-tripping adventure | Dec 3, 2015
- Anaheim, CaliforniaWe arrived yesterday and after settling into our hotel room we went for a walk to Downtown Disney, this is an area between Disneyland and the Disney Adventure Park. It is full of shops and food outlets and very Disney Posted by Walsh Family in Visiting the USA | Dec 2, 2015
- Gillson Park LakewatchThis past Sunday afternoon, my friend Isoo an I met up in Gillson Park on the Lake Michigan shoreline of Wilmette (north of Chicago) to watch migrating waterfowl, gulls, and possibly other water birds. Although the diversity of the birds Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 2, 2015
- Four Down SouthOur campsite on Hunting Island was in amongst the pine trees a pine cone's throw from the beach, which stretched for miles in both directions. We spent the morning playing on the beach then strolled towards the distant lighthouse, the Posted by Roadtrippingusa in Four go off on a road-tripping adventure | Dec 1, 2015
- Goodnight SaigonThe USS Intrepid: the fourth ship to carry the name, an Essex-Class aircraft carrier that had a crew of almost 3,000 men, and saw action in the Atlantic and Pacific during World War Two, and during the Vietnam War. She Posted by AndiNZ in New York State of Mind | Dec 1, 2015
- Say Goodbye to Hollywood Bit of a slow start Tuesday, we slept in. It was all good though, Sasha had gone to work, and we have very few time commitments this trip.
Instead of Intrepid, we decided to see the Star Wars costume exhibition Posted by AndiNZ in New York State of Mind | Nov 30, 2015
- Step Four: Holiday Special I of VMan, that took way too long!
Sorry for the late posts, but we have been on the road since the 2nd of November. And a lot of stuff happened over the past few weeks so we have to fill up the Posted by Tool Box in The first steps and beyond | Nov 30, 2015
- Into the Woods: Unplugging in Big South Fork
Picture yourself trapped in the middle of the woods without electricity, wi-fi, or cell phone service. You have no car. The only way to get out is to hike through the woods for miles u Posted by vicki_h in . | Nov 30, 2015
- Back On Track
WOW! Such a long time since I have checked in! Time flies when you are having fun, getting wet, driving lo Posted by beckistewart1 in Stewart, Dean and Kint | Nov 29, 2015
- Basilica Farm & FleaTake an old factory warehouse, pair it with Basilica Hudson, a non-profit art center and The Hudson River Exchange and what do you get? A unique art and performing venue while fostering sustainable community. Originally a forge and Posted by Linda Fluckiger in Living a Dream | Nov 29, 2015
- Pike Place, doughnuts and BainbridgeMorning Pike Place market tour with Kenna. We met at the bubblegum wall (gross) before going through pike place market. Stops were Daily Dozen doughnuts (lovely), Pike Place fish for some salmon and watching the guys at work (throwing fish), Posted by slloyd111 in M&S Travels | Aug 27, 2015
- first class to seattle and some Booze & bites!All packed and out of the hotel early for our flight to Seattle!
We'd booked first class and was nice to have big seats and 1st class service, even if it wasn't a long flight. Luggage only took 20 mins Posted by slloyd111 in M&S Travels | Aug 26, 2015