- Moab to Pagosa SpringsWe got up at dawn and drove down the road to the place we had to meet the ballooning company. There were 16 people in our group including us. Dave, one of staff, drove us to the point where the Posted by avoca in 12th World Rogaining Championships | Aug 2, 2014
- 4WD in MoabThe rain had cleared and the sun was out in force again. We went for breakfast at a café called Peace Tree, but the food was average. We had decided we would hire a UTV (ultra-terrain-vehicle) and go 4WD up Posted by avoca in 12th World Rogaining Championships | Aug 1, 2014
- Grand Canyon to MoabWe woke very early as we wanted to see the sunrise over the Canyon. We drove to the Rim Trail which is a good lookout point but we wanted to go to Yaki Point is has an even better view Posted by avoca in 12th World Rogaining Championships | Jul 31, 2014
- Grand CanyonWe woke early and got our hiking gear ready, then drove to the Grand Canyon Village. We were greeted by pine forests and even some elk! We brought a Park entrance ticket then parked at the Village. We went into Posted by avoca in 12th World Rogaining Championships | Jul 30, 2014
- Whitewater rafting on the OcoeeA little over a year ago, I had the chance to cross whitewater rafting off my bucket list. With a carload of friends and family, we ventured to middle Tennessee and rented a cabin for the weekend.
There Posted by tammy_b in Our next great adventure... | Aug 3, 2014
- Day 3 in IdahoToday I birded on my bike in my morning and therefore covered more ground and saw more species.
I started off my bike ride by heading towards the roost of Lewis' Woodpeckers I had found yesterday. It will chilly, around 50 Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Aug 3, 2014
- Vroom VroomI
I LOVE a construction site.
I want to come back in another life as a civil engineer and build bridges, - that is after I have another live as Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Aug 2, 2014
- Day 2: First Full Day in Idaho!Today was my first full day spent in the beautiful mountainous country near Sun Valley, Idaho, this year.
I went birding in the morning. There is a convenient trail that is very productive for birding that leads basically from the backyard Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Aug 2, 2014
- My BB Teresa!As a team we had a photo shoot for the Fall edition of the Anchora. We drove to a little park off Town street with our Anchora editor and found some beautiful places around the park to take our head Posted by CDCHannah in My Year on the Road | Jul 16, 2014
- Moving into the Martin CenterYesterday was my "big move" all the way to Upper Arlington, Ohio to live in DG's Executive Office. Although my travel to get here was only a 15 minute drive, this is still huge because all of my fellow CDCs Posted by CDCHannah in My Year on the Road | Jul 16, 2014
- Successfully [over]Packing for a Semester on the RoadI discovered the first challenge of being a Collegiate Development Consultant has nothing to do with learning material or leading collegians, but instead packing a suitcase under the 50 pound limit while having enough clothes to last through my travels. Posted by CDCHannah in My Year on the Road | Jul 14, 2014
- Vegas - Grand CanyonWoke up late again and basically followed the same procedure as yesterday though dad went to the gym this time. The temperature was once again boiling. We swam in the pool before going back up to our room to pack Posted by avoca in 12th World Rogaining Championships | Jul 29, 2014
- How-To Overhaul: Scope Out the Temp. Digs and Pre-Flight Day[quote]"The only thing to be said for air travel is speed. It makes possible travel on a scale unimaginable before our present age. Between the ages of 20 and four-score I visited every country in Europe, all save two in Posted by Kacey's Travels in Kacey's Travels | Aug 1, 2014
- Day 1: Travel Day to IdahoHello everybody,
This will be a relatively short post with no photos as I am very tired from a LONG travel day and didn't have any chances to properly go birding.
My dad drove my mom, Pearl, and I to Chicago Midway Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Aug 1, 2014
- Last day in Anchorage
Today I was not left with a lot to do. Most of the attractions here are related to the native cultures, the 1964 earthquake, and the wildlife. With the things I had already done I had pretty much covered it, Posted by georgiaodgers in Georgia's Exchange Adventures 2014 | Jul 31, 2014
- A Day at Rollins SavannaToday I spent my last full day in Illinois before I leave for Idaho by birding Rollins Savanna, a beautiful forest preserve in the far northern suburbs of Chicago that has been attracting some nice southbound migrant shorebirds recently.
It was Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 31, 2014
- Westward Trip- Saginaw, Minnesota; Indian Lake, MichiganThe last 2 days have been driving, driving, driving. Good roads on US Hwy 2 make us shake our heads at the poor road conditions in the Canadian Prairie provinces. Wednesday night we stopped at the Saginaw Campground Posted by blgracey in A Quest for Nature | Jul 31, 2014
- Overall experienceThe sustainability class we took this summer was a very enlightening experience for me, as I am very well aware of the consequences of our actions now. I am aware of how being wasteful, and ignorant is going to cost Posted by sabalalani in Alabama Engineering in Europe | Jul 31, 2014
- Fire Island - the endI have departed Fire Island after an amazing week.
The two villages of The Pines and Cherry Grove provide a friendly gay hedonistic environment that is unique.
It's interesting to contrast that with this sign from The Pines in 1957.
[img=http://p Posted by Adamtrumble in Northern hemisphere 2014 | Jul 31, 2014
- Hello!Thanks for visiting my newly created travel blog to document my year abroad! I will be heading out on the morning of August 31 and expect to arrive in Besançon - barring any unforeseen catastrophes - on the evening Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | Jul 31, 2014
- Day 2 - Golden Gate Bridge, walking, buses and Clam ChowderWe have started the day in style... or at least in syrup. We went to the Ihop for our first American breakfast...
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/689 Posted by westfamily in The West's Head West | Jul 31, 2014
- Self Rescue & Jumping on Kanaha Beach
So this morning was interesting...I crashed my kite so badly into the water, it twisted...I couldn't get it up again and then it started looping, so I was forced to use the quick release syste Posted by AndreaLed in Andrea's Trip Around the World | Jul 31, 2014
- Downtown Anchorage The last couple of days I have ventured further than my hotel to see some of the sights of Anchorage. Most of the tourist activities are located only a 15 minute walk from my hotel.
Tuesday morning I started with Posted by georgiaodgers in Georgia's Exchange Adventures 2014 | Jul 30, 2014
- Turning the TailSeymour, IN was a great time my buddy, Izzi, and I played, barked, chased and exhausted each other for four days. The peeps, the kids and the grandkids also had a blast. Nate and Molly have a beautiful house Posted by rhislop in Tashi Tales | Jul 30, 2014
- More Fire IslandAfter Sunday, The Pines and Cherry Grove got a lot quieter as people returned to work, but the weather has been amazingly good and there are still plenty of people around.
I got to kite surf on Sunday - there is Posted by Adamtrumble in Northern hemisphere 2014 | Jul 30, 2014