- Day 22 Sauk CentreEasy day today, off to Studio 71 to have our nails done. Happy with results.
Then went met Peter and Sheila for lunch at Palmer House. After that we went back to Sheila's where Carol taught us a new card game Posted by PSNUSA2016 in PSN USA Trip 2016 | Aug 13, 2016
- Day 21 Minneapolis - Sauk CentreAt 9 am went across the road to the Hobby Lobby (a home decor and craft shop). Then off to the Mall of America again to buy Carmen's Nike's.
We then left Minneapolis to drive to Sauk Centre via Richmond where Posted by PSNUSA2016 in PSN USA Trip 2016 | Aug 13, 2016
- Day 20 MinneapolisOff to the Mall of America with cousins. Nikki went off on her own and I went in search of the Nikes for Carmen. Found a different style and I need to send a pic to her to confirm.
After shopping Posted by PSNUSA2016 in PSN USA Trip 2016 | Aug 13, 2016
- NYC - Day 4 - Food and FarewellsToday we took the subway to Greenwich Village for a walking food tour. It was a nice change from the skyscrapers and crowds of Manhattan.
We started at Joe's Pizza with a cheese pizza made with fresh ingredients.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoin Posted by tammy_b in Our next great adventure... | Aug 13, 2016
- NYC - Day 3 - Iconic SitesToday we went to the Rockefeller Center for views of the skyline. There was also a little time to explore, people-watch, and have lunch. Nothing fancy for me, just a hot dog from one of the world-famous hot-dog Posted by tammy_b in Our next great adventure... | Aug 13, 2016
- NYC - Day 2 - Art and CultureToday, I got my first taste of the subway system which we took to get to the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
The museum was incredible and much too big for one trip Posted by tammy_b in Our next great adventure... | Aug 13, 2016
- NYC - Day 1 - Getting Acquainted with the CityFor this trip, I decided to try something new. I wanted to take a fabulous trip without doing all the work so I booked a tour with an all women's travel group called Sights and Soul Travel. I Posted by tammy_b in Our next great adventure... | Aug 13, 2016
- Balboa Community and Bureacratic BullshitThis update was provided by Koen, as Gemma got frustrated after her carefully typed up draft somehow got lost (ugh technology).
Sunday, day 26: In the morning when we were gonna get our groceries, Steve, our gracious host, provided us with Posted by DutchiesAbroad in Roadtrip USA 2016 | Aug 12, 2016
- 5. Van appreciation day plus the Tabasco factoryThursday 11th
We've got an early start today, we're travelling from New Orleans to our first campsite near Houston, Texas - on the itinerary that Kelsey (our group leader) gave us it's pleasantly called van appreciation day!!! We're travelling 420 Posted by cazbatt in American Adventures | Aug 12, 2016
- 4 - Exploring New Orleans and visiting the Cemetery Wednesday 10th
I had to check out of Aloft Hotel this morning as I'm moving to the hotel to meet my travelling group later this afternoon. Thankfully I could leave my bags at aloft while I went out for the Posted by cazbatt in American Adventures | Aug 12, 2016
- 3 - Visiting the sugar plantations Tuesday 9 August
I was up bright and breezy this morning before 6 am but had had over 7 1/2 hours sleep, the bed in my hotel is sooooooo comfortable, a bit like sleeping on a giant marshmallow. My exploration today Posted by cazbatt in American Adventures | Aug 12, 2016
- 2 - Part 2 of my journey to New Orleans Monday 9th august (I think)
Checking my bags in was easy and for some reason they gave me a speedy security check pass so I didn't have to queue with everyone else - woop woop!
I'd got a few hours Posted by cazbatt in American Adventures | Aug 12, 2016
- 1. - The start of my American adventuresIt's time for another adventure - hooray!!
This one isn't quite as epic as my last four month round the world adventure last but still pretty exciting and I'm hoping the trip - a road trip / mainly camping trip Posted by cazbatt in American Adventures | Aug 12, 2016
- Titus LakeToday my mom and I hiked the Titus Lake trail in the Smoky Mountains of central Idaho.
The views from the trail were stunning, especially the view of the massive Boulder Range on the other side of the valley:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/631 Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Aug 11, 2016
- And so it beginsMany, many years ago, much more than I care to admit, I dreamed of going to England, France....Greece. Finally, the time has come. The planning has started, reservations have been made and travel guides are being read. My dad was Posted by jughead53 in The Rising Adventure | Aug 11, 2016
- Flying homeTime to travel back home. Even though New York is one of my favorite cities I do get enough of it after one week. Maybe it’s the constant noise of traffic? Or the crowded people on the streets? I don’t Posted by bejjan in New York | Jul 4, 2016
- Chillin’Last day in New York. We really had nothing planned for today but to chill. We took the metro to Central Park and generally discussed what we had experienced during the week.
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/799557/20160703_111105. Posted by bejjan in New York | Jul 3, 2016
- Coney IslandWoke up to a much more comfortable New York today. Although it was warm the sultry air was gone. They had forecasted super nice weather today, so what better to do than a trip to Coney Island?
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/79955 Posted by bejjan in New York | Jul 2, 2016
- From death trap to tourist trapAs soon as we stepped outside of the hotel it was like hitting a wall of muggy air. Now it was extreme! But the weather reports told about a hefty thunderstorm later on today, thank God!
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/799557/20160701_1 Posted by bejjan in New York | Jul 1, 2016
- Silent witnessWe had the whole day full of activities and things to see so the alarm was set early today. And you could tell at the hotel breakfast that most people weren’t up yet. But we had to get up early Posted by bejjan in New York | Jun 30, 2016
- Shop until you dropMost part of this day was dedicated to shopping. Yet another warm and muggy day along the Streets of New York and it was even worse down under in the subway system. But it was still worth the effort to Posted by bejjan in New York | Jun 29, 2016
- You learn something new every day ;) [center][/center]
We began the day by taking the subway south to Flat Iron Building. The building was completed in 1902 and was then one of the highest buildings in New York with Posted by bejjan in New York | Jun 28, 2016
- A City OasisA proper sleep-in would have been nice this morning, but with a body still set at Swedish time it didn’t quite happen that way. Hotel breakfast was okay, it satisfied your hunger at least. This particular morning you could tell Posted by bejjan in New York | Jun 27, 2016
- Allow yourself to be a tourist sometimes ;)After an unusual warm night and only a few hours of sleep (have never experienced more rustling bed blankets in a hotel before) you had to get up early in the morning to get ready, eat breakfast and transfer back Posted by bejjan in New York | Jun 26, 2016
- Anxiously waiting… It was unusually warm and muggy outside, on a Saturday like this. When I finished packing my bags I realized that one large bag and one carry-on bag would be pretty tough dragging down to the train station in this Posted by bejjan in New York | Jun 25, 2016