- Wax Figures so real it's scaryWent and visited Madame Tussauds wax works here is a sample of what we saw
Posted by rohanbrown in Our journeys | Sep 3, 2015
- Stars and White Sox[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/754702/90_F6B87EBBD9CAA06371178B88FA453412.j Posted by Jochester71 in Chesters USA and Canada Trip 2015 | Sep 4, 2015
- We're going to GracelandSam
Well, actually we've just been to Graceland. We've been in Memphis for the last two days and have had a pretty good time. It's a bit of a rough city with many 'panhandlers', and there was a shooting on a Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Sep 3, 2015
- Day 3 DisneylandWent out to Disneyland today . it was overcast first off but soon cleared away we thought there was heeps of people but they told us since school has gone back over here it was much quieter.
Posted by rohanbrown in Our journeys | Sep 3, 2015
- 3rd September 2015Wow, what a huge day! We had another early morning today by waking up at 6:30ish. Shortly after waking up, we had to run a brief jog to the Empire State Building before our tour started. We were lucky enough Posted by JimmyAndo1 in USA Trip 2015 | Sep 3, 2015
- Believe It or Not:The next morning after our Northern Lights Adventures we had a ride down the Chena river on a Paddleboat.
Yes it was just as cheesy and plastic an excursion as that sounds, and probably more so. Complete with a local Posted by OwenGadflies in Go North East, New Retirees | Sep 3, 2015
- Going North - REALLY North!That’s the thing about holidays, there’s always the unexpected and not always for the good. I meant to get the next post written the day after the last one was done, but No Service got in the way!
And Posted by OwenGadflies in Go North East, New Retirees | Sep 3, 2015
- Departing Australia and Los AngelesWell, certainly a highlight of the flight was our upgrade to First Class on the A380 from Melbourne to LA! Sleeping in a bed, almost as wide as a single bed was awesome! We all managed to sleep- which made Posted by Jochester71 in Chesters USA and Canada Trip 2015 | Sep 3, 2015
- Day Eight - Busy Day Around FairbanksEnjoyed a buffet breakfast and happened to walk past the dreaded Gift Shop. On reviewing our luggage last night I realised I was short of a lightweight rain/wind jacket. Marked down on special for just US$24.95 were just Posted by greynomadm in 2015-08 Alaska | Sep 2, 2015
- S.F. one year laterLast September, after we sold everything and left Oakland, we first spent time with Sylvia, Bill and their adorable doggy Elmo, before leaving the Bay Area. Almost one year later, we arrived back in the Bay Area and had the Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | Sep 2, 2015
- 2nd September 2015Today we all slept in and woke up at 9:15ish. After a few quick showers, we were on our way to our second day at the US Open. On the way to the Subway, we decided to stop in at Posted by JimmyAndo1 in USA Trip 2015 | Sep 2, 2015
- Dinner first night in LAAfter a rest in the afternoon and a walk down Hollywood blvd we found a place called the Californian pizza company
Had a quite drink and pizza which was great after plane food
[img=http:// Posted by rohanbrown in Our journeys | Sep 1, 2015
- Our first full day in LAWe had a bit of a sleep in today as jetlag was a huge issue
We decided to go to Universal studios in search for a movie star.
We found these two actors who looked familiar but seemed to be Posted by rohanbrown in Our journeys | Sep 1, 2015
- Karen meets a new friendWalking around Hollywood Blvd and Karen finds a new friend
Posted by rohanbrown in Our journeys | Sep 1, 2015
- Day Seven - On to FairbanksAll packed and with a tasty breakfast under our belts we headed off in the hotel shuttle to the airport. We had plenty of time and chatted with a local who was flying to Fairbanks for work. He's Posted by greynomadm in 2015-08 Alaska | Sep 1, 2015
- 1st September 2015A hectic start to the day. We woke up at 7:00am and caught the Subway from the 49th Street Station to the Whitehall Street Station. Mum completely freaked out when we couldn't find out where the Liberty Island ferries departed Posted by JimmyAndo1 in USA Trip 2015 | Sep 1, 2015
- Nawlins IICaroline
The following day we woke up early, hired a car and headed out of New Orleans to Cajun Pride Swamp Tours, one of the many operators on the huge swamps surrounding the city. Our tour guide, Nolan, a southern Louisiana Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Sep 1, 2015
- Nawlins IWritten by Caroline
Despite our atheistic tendencies, Sam and I started our Sunday morning at church, St Augustine’s Catholic Church in the Treme (the predominantly African-American area of New Orleans). We put on our travellers imitation of a S Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Sep 1, 2015
- We made itAfter a very loooooong flight we are finally in our room.
A little overcast but amazing views
, Posted by rohanbrown in Our journeys | Aug 31, 2015
- Countdown to world adventure!In less than 30 days, I'll be flying to Norway & Iceland. I'll be going with my dear work buddy, Mr. International, Nixon.
The skeleton of our plan has been laid out. We fly into Oslo, take a train to Stockholm, Posted by mgilliford in Nixon & Mary | Aug 31, 2015
- Day Six - Anchorage in Lock-downClear sky and sharp breeze welcomed us for today's visit to Anchorage Downtown. Bus fare for all-day travel for two Seniors is just $5. All that was needed was our proof of ID. The trip into the Posted by greynomadm in 2015-08 Alaska | Aug 31, 2015
- 31st August 2015It's been a long 24+ hours but we have managed to arrive in New York City safely at about 7:00am this morning.
We caught a taxi to our hotel, Radio City Apartments, in midtown Manhattan, very close to the Radio Posted by JimmyAndo1 in USA Trip 2015 | Aug 31, 2015
- The Big SurThe Big Sur is a 90 mile stretch of rugged coast where the Santa Lucia Mountains drop steeply down to the Pacific Ocean. Highway 1 winds its way south right next to the water making for a spectacular road trip. Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Aug 31, 2015
- Hitting the coastLighthouse loving, hot tub bathers wanted for Pigeon Point Hostel!! This was the advert for our first nights accommodation on the West Coast. Yes please! We sat in the hot tub with the sea swirling below, the seals sunbathing on Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Aug 31, 2015
- Day Five - Anchorage, AlaskaThe last hour or so of our flight into Anchorage was spent with the cabin locked down due to predicted turbulence. It didn't eventuate. Landed and disembarked into a quite modern and spacious airport building. Found and Posted by greynomadm in 2015-08 Alaska | Aug 30, 2015