- Day 18: Perusing Pike Place & Reaching New HeightsToday we made sure to wake up early (despite our late night) and groggily ventured back into Seattle to explore the Pike Place Market, one of the largest farmer's markets in the United States.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/822740/large_IMG_20 Posted by aswoger in Improvised Wanderlust | Jun 13, 2016
- The Bear Necessities (sic)We had a free day today in the Park so, after taking some advice, we set off for what was claimed to be a leisurely 1.7 mile stroll to see the Topakah Falls. It took us 1.5 hours! Posted by Tim Wettone in USA 2016 | Jun 10, 2016
- Shadows and Tall TreesU2! Today, we went on a half day guided tour of the National Park with Paul, a really nice man who has worked in the Park for over 25 years and knows everything ( in a nice way). Posted by Tim Wettone in USA 2016 | Jun 9, 2016
- In the middle of nowhere Dusty Springfield sang this right after staying in Sequoia National Park where she couldn't get a telephone line (it was before the Internet)!
Hopefully, normal service has been resumed after a frustrating 4 nights in that National Park. However, the Posted by Tim Wettone in USA 2016 | Jun 8, 2016
- Von Las Vegas bis Sacramento...So da waren wir nun in Las Vegas und befanden uns nun nach knapp drei Wochen des Campens und der Ruhe der Natur in der pulsierenden und überwältigenden Spielhölle der USA. Auf dem Weg von Zion nach Las Vegas haben Posted by AngieAndMichi in Angie and Michael on tour | Jun 13, 2016
- Summer Plans RevisedWe had quite a summer planned, and as usual, life got in the way. We’d planned for Dale to backpack across the Sierra with two of our boys and 3 of the grandkids, plus an adopted boy and his son. Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 13, 2016
- College Football Trip, 2014In the 5th annual College Football Trip, we went to an Ohio State-Virginia Tech game in Columbus, OH. VaTech won the game which ended up being OSU's only loss of the season on their way to a National Championship.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.co Posted by WatermanBlog in Waterman Blog | Jun 12, 2016
- Julie's trip with the boy's downtownIn late July, 2014 Julie and the boys took their bikes on the train to downtown Chicago, where they hung out at the beach, rode the lakefront, and visited Maggie Daley Park, as well as the "Bean"!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/396912/20140714_ Posted by WatermanBlog in Waterman Blog | Jun 12, 2016
- Kenny's 40th Birthday in St. LouisOn July 4, 2014, we had a great trip to St. Louis for Kenny's 40th birthday party, as well as to take in a Cardinal game and some fireworks. Included in the trip was a visit to the ER Posted by WatermanBlog in Waterman Blog | Jun 12, 2016
- Memorial Day Weekend in MichiganDuring Memorial Day Weekend in 2014, we rented a house in New Buffalo, MI with the Mitchell's and the Patel's. The house was 2 blocks from Lake Michigan and it had a pool and hot tub!
[img=htt Posted by WatermanBlog in Waterman Blog | Jun 12, 2016
- Spring Break, 2014 in Gulf Shores, ALDuring Spring Break, 2014, we travelled to Gulf Shores, AL for a week on the beach! Besides swimming in the ocean, we also found a great pier to fish off of, although we didn't catch anything!
[ Posted by WatermanBlog in Waterman Blog | Jun 12, 2016
- Birthday celebrations in TombstoneIt’s Sam birthday. So we planned for an easy day and kept the Mexican border formalities for the next day…
After a nice omelette in the morning Sam and Max explored the playground. As it had only little to offer, Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Jun 12, 2016
- Day 17: Sanders in Seattle and Adventuring in Capitol Hill
Today was the Bernie Sanders rally in Seattle and we were excited to be a part of the once-in-a-lifetime experience of watching a social democrat and presidential hopeful Posted by aswoger in Improvised Wanderlust | Jun 11, 2016
- Day 16: The Quiet Side of Portland and Onwards to Seattle
This morning I had a pang of regret as we checked out of the beautiful Hotel de Luxe, I’d definitely be happy staying there another few nights (or the rest of my life). We decided since Posted by aswoger in Improvised Wanderlust | Jun 11, 2016
- Day 15: "Keep Portland Weird," a Day Exploring Portlandia We woke up by late morning and started off on an adventure to find the strangest food we could for brunch in the city where nothing is normal. We ended up on a street filled with food carts for a Posted by aswoger in Improvised Wanderlust | Jun 11, 2016
- Day 14: A Solo 20+hr Adventure All the Way Up the West Coast
Aaron works at a school an hour’s commute from his house, so he wakes up at 6am to get there on time. That meant today, I had to wake up at 6am. I'm not a morning person. Posted by aswoger in Improvised Wanderlust | Jun 11, 2016
- Arizona landscapesOne amazing canyon in a day is not quite enough, so we headed from Antelope Canyon in Page, AZ, onwards to Grand Canyon. We arrived in the late afternoon, just in time to get nice evening views of the Canyon Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | May 30, 2016
- Days 11/12/13: Breaking my Travels for a Hollywood Adventure==Day 11
After a couple hours of sleep, I woke up early to send off my friend Tian who was on her way to adventure upstate on the infamous Highway 1. Luckily for me, I finally had no plans for Posted by aswoger in Improvised Wanderlust | Jun 11, 2016
- Unprepared for Poland, Lithuania and LatviaI am doing a test post, as I tend to forget the setup (and passwords) of this blog since I only blog about three weeks a year. I would prefer to figure it out before the jet lag sets Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jun 11, 2016
- Getting StartedMy name is Tammy and I love to travel and experience new things. Growing up as a Navy brat, I guess you could say I was born into a life destined for travel.
I currently live in Posted by tammy_b in Our next great adventure... | Sep 15, 2012
- Griswold Style Vacation 2015 12Day Eleven July 16
We slept in a tiny bit, then got everything packed up and loaded in the car. We stopped at a Starbucks and got drinks and some breakfast foods for the ride. The drive to Carlsbad, Posted by MarathonMama629 in Oh the Places We'll Go! | Jun 11, 2016
- Griswold Style Vacation 2015 10Day Nine July 14
I had set an alarm for 6 am today. The plan was for Quentin, Antonio, and I to go to the 7 am magic morning at Disneyland while Halie slept. The alarm went off and Posted by MarathonMama629 in Oh the Places We'll Go! | Jun 11, 2016
- Autumn Walk in Historic Elmwood CemeteryToday, I got out to enjoy the fall weather and took a walk through Elmwood Cemetery located in Memphis, TN. It's park-like setting with winding carriage paths and Victorian-age statues and monuments was the perfect place to explore.
It was Posted by tammy_b in Our next great adventure... | Nov 14, 2015
- Short on time in the Mile High CityAfter I worked for a few hours, we just had the rest of the day and were flying out in the morning. Eric didn't share my enthusiasm for more exploration and was content with staying at the hotel for Posted by tammy_b in Our next great adventure... | Nov 9, 2015
- One Perfect Day in Rocky Mountain National ParkEric and I spent a few days in Denver while I was there on a work trip. We were tight on time and wanted to get a taste of the Rocky Mountains up close so we joined a tour Posted by tammy_b in Our next great adventure... | Nov 8, 2015