- Taking a bite out of The Big AppleFollowing up on a suggestion from my daughter Heather, I asked her sister Melinda how she would feel about going to NYC with Heather and me. Melinda had never been and I had the impression she wouldn't want Posted by douglasw in Around the World | Oct 5, 2014
- Zurich to Dusseldorf to Los Angeles - EpilogueEpilogue October 4, 2014
On 9/28 we awoke at 4 a.m. in our Zurich hotel, finished packing and walked over to the main train station. We had an incredible journey and it was coming to an end, so blessed Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2014 | Oct 5, 2014
- Last Oak Park Bird Walk of Autumn 2014Today I led four birders on the last Oak Park Bird Walk of fall 2014. It was very successful (albeit frigid: 38 degrees!) and the best bird of the day were a pair of CAROLINA WRENS, which is a rare Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Oct 5, 2014
- When in RomeBecause of the heavy traffic in SIlicon Valley area, and the fact I spent too much time in the Computer History museum, I had to change my plans a bit and do a sleepover on the road to Las Vegas Posted by VukomanovicIgor in West Coast Galore | Oct 5, 2014
- Air and SpaceDay 34 Cross Junction, VA to College Park, MD:
This morning a few of us were up bright and early…Christian, Justin and Daniel. They headed out with Cousin Steve and Nick to do some bass fishing. They had a Posted by WolffPack7 in East Coast or Bust! | Oct 4, 2014
- Minnesota 101
Tak jo, přiznávám, že se do toho vrhám taky z prokrastinace, protože se mi nechce dělat úkoly, ale napadlo mě, že bych vám mohla trochu představit místo, kterému teď na rok budu říkat domov.
Jed Posted by NerdyShipperUST in A Nerdy Shipper Girl's Big Adventure | Oct 4, 2014
- The End of an Era. [center]There I sat, on my bedroom floor. Deely dog snuggled up on my lap, looking up at me with those "I know something is wrong" eyes. My packed suitcase was next to us both....Deely despises that suitcase. She knows it Posted by AubreyJ in Road to the Gold | Oct 4, 2014
- Cheerio!I thought I'd keep a record of our travels and post some pictures while we are on our trip. We have been planning this trip for over a year and can't believe it's here! James' college roommate and our mutual Posted by gabbyshell in United Kingdom, baby! | Oct 4, 2014
- RV Repairs and FamilyDay 33 Winchester, VA to Cross Junction, VA:
This morning, Christian had an appointment for the RV, which Shane helped setup, at the local tire center. He saw that the new front tires were not wearing correctly and that an Posted by WolffPack7 in East Coast or Bust! | Oct 3, 2014
- San Francisco and Lake TahoeSaturday 9 to Wednesday 13 August
Gav and I had the worst sleep of the trip last night. A group of rowdy campers kept us awake until after 2am. I wish that we could sleep as soundly as Keely Posted by liz.d in Our US & Canada Road Trip | Oct 3, 2014
- Vernal falls [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/701847/90_64E9DA57FD8CEC393955AB95631E164A.j Posted by dahl.family in Our Trip To The USA | Oct 3, 2014
- Well, Butter My Butt and Call Me a BiscuitIt is a good thing I am pet sittin' for BH and Tommy Boy . Without them, I would pretty much be listenin' to Tennessean and not talkin' it.
[img=http://photos.travellersp Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Oct 3, 2014
- YellowstoneYellowstone is iconic, probably the most famous of all the American National Parks. It was also the furthest point on our journey. This made it more than a little ridiculous that we didn't actually enter the park until 4:00 in Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Oct 2, 2014
- Mariposa Grove[im Posted by dahl.family in Our Trip To The USA | Oct 2, 2014
- More FamilyDay 32 Fort Ashby, MA to Winchester, VA:
Today we had to say goodbye to Aunt Connie and Uncle Rich and hit the road again. This of course took twice as long as it should have because we had to Posted by WolffPack7 in East Coast or Bust! | Oct 2, 2014
- The Tail of Two StatesI examined the map to find the best way to get from Indiana to Tennessee. Look closely at the map at the corners of Indiana, Illinois, and Kentucky and you will see the route I took through the tail Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Oct 2, 2014
- Here’s to the crazy ones.[center]"Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes.
The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote Posted by VukomanovicIgor in West Coast Galore | Oct 2, 2014
- Let's Nuke Seattle!The first time I recall hearing about Seattle was in the tremendous (and totally realistic) 1980s film War Games, from which the blog title is taken. Matthew Broderick, a high school computer geek, manages to infiltrate the United States' nuclear Posted by LordGibil in The Littlest Hobo | Oct 1, 2014
- Butte to BeartoothOne of the reasons I wanted to stay in Butte in the Finlen was that I liked the idea of waking up there on my birthday. I also liked the idea of a relaxed start and a slow-paced day. It Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Oct 1, 2014
- Family, Forts and FarmsDay 31 Fort Ashby, WV (No drive day):
We spent the night here at Aunt Connie and Uncle Rich's and awoke to a very special day. We were VIP's at the actual [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Ashby|Fort Ashby]] site. Uncle Rich scheduled ahead Posted by WolffPack7 in East Coast or Bust! | Oct 1, 2014
- Our Big Bike Ride in Yosemite[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/701847/90_145F220597565820B6CF78B3EEE1B32C. Posted by dahl.family in Our Trip To The USA | Oct 1, 2014
- První měsíc za mnou (relativně úspěšně)Drazí přátelé – pozdě, ale přece. S radostí oznamuji, že jsem svůj první měsíc v Americe přežila (snad) bez úhony.
Byl to velice krušný měsíc plný zážitků, stresu a zařizování. Bude to ještě chvíli trvat, ale pomalu si buduju svoje místečko.
Jako Posted by NerdyShipperUST in A Nerdy Shipper Girl's Big Adventure | Oct 1, 2014
- 6 Months DownOn September 29, I finished six months of my trip on the road
I have traveled in 17 states: Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, California (3 visits), Oregon (2 visits), Washington (2 visits), North Carolina, Nevada, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Oct 1, 2014
- The Battle of GettysburgDay 30 Gettysburg, PA to Fort Ashby WV:
Today we had a major history lesson. We toured the Battle of Gettysburg battlefields on a double decker bus! When we arrived at the bus depot, we were told that the Posted by WolffPack7 in East Coast or Bust! | Oct 1, 2014
- YosemiteIn Posted by dahl.family in Our Trip To The USA | Oct 1, 2014