- Rolla to TulsaDay 4, knowing that we had a long way to go and lots to see we were on the road for 0825. We stopped at 1015 for breakfast at Crackerbarrel which is an old friend, well tested and well Posted by RickAdderley in Route 66 | Aug 13, 2015
- Family Gathering, Part 2On Friday a.m. we woke up to see our sister-in-law Jan. We haven’t seen her since our Downton dinner and were glad to catch up with her. Other relatives arrived on Friday afternoon and those we hadn’t seen for several Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Aug 13, 2015
- Chi ca goWe rolled into Chicago on Monday afternoon stayed at our pal Adam's place in Wrigleyville. Yep, walking distance from the Cubs Wrigley Field, a nice and very walk-able neighborhood. I found "[[http://candyality.com/|Candyality]]" a local candy store that Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | Aug 13, 2015
- The long silenceHey.
I haven't written in a while, sorry about that. I've been busy, I've had my mind with the camp. I had plenty to write about, just never got to it. Started reading some books, started doing other things. Gotten to Posted by dykam in Alone in the USA | Aug 12, 2015
- 12th August
Exciting day today - I finally get to see Niagara Falls 😊
Arriving from the national park on the US side we see the first glimpse of the American Falls. Not quite the sunny climate w Posted by laughingfish in Laughing Fish | Aug 12, 2015
- Day 39 to day 45Well, it has been awhile since I last wrote...so let me fill you in. After we left Vegas we headed into Utah but, before we reached the destination we decided to visit the Grand Canyon. Once we Posted by palmisano in Summer Trip 2015 | Aug 12, 2015
- Springfield to RollaWe woke at 0630 to blue skies and sunshine and we were on the road just before 0930. It was that hot we had to wear a long sleeve shirts to protect us from the sun. Our jackets Posted by RickAdderley in Route 66 | Aug 12, 2015
- PittsburghHello... just posting a quick update. We spent a couple of days in Pittsburgh exploring the city a little , looking at properties, and went to the Pittsburgh Botanical Garden.
[img=h Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | Aug 12, 2015
- 11th August
Today is a coach day as we head towards Canada. However, we have time to stop off in Amish country with a chance to see a more relaxed way of life in the town of Bird in Posted by laughingfish in Laughing Fish | Aug 12, 2015
- 10th August
Fantastic day touring the capital today via US 'Boris bikes' - an experience not unlike treasure hunt,racing against the clock to find then next bike docking point and yet possibly th Posted by laughingfish in Laughing Fish | Aug 12, 2015
- Hey batter batter batter batter, sa-wing batterSam
The beautiful domed City Hall was our first stop, and we saw one couple taking wedding photos and another couple actually getting married in a low-key, Tuesday morning civil ceremony.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/758522/IMG_016 Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Aug 11, 2015
- Day 16: Owling in a Creepy ForestThe title of this post is explained at the end of the post, make sure to read it!
I took a short bike ride in the morning and found 31 bird species, including this male WESTERN TANAGER with the largest amount Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Aug 11, 2015
- Chicago to Springfield ILWe arrived at Eagle Rider by taxi at 0905 this morning. Unfortunately 2 Germans were in front of us so by the time we processed our paperwork we didn't leave until 1035. But hey ho in real terms Posted by RickAdderley in Route 66 | Aug 11, 2015
- ChicagoWe spent the day walking.
We walked along the shore line of Lake Michigan which is almost the size of England! We ended up in Lincoln Park zoo which is privately owned with free admission. We spent almost 3 Posted by RickAdderley in Route 66 | Aug 11, 2015
- From San Diego to San FranWritten by Caroline
We left Simon, Jess and Gabe in Oceanside with our heads full of Jess's suggestions of things to do in San Fran and caught the train down the coast to San Diego. The weather was postcard perfect and Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Aug 10, 2015
- Family Gathering, Part 1After a day at home, we had to leave once again, this time to our son’s house in the Lompoc area. This last part of our vacation was to last thru the week.
Upon the death of Dale’s parents, the Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Aug 10, 2015
- Traveling to Israel Through Moscow RouteOur backbags were ready...The children did an amazing job of keeping track of their backbags....
We checked in....the first thing we noticed is that each child is sitting separate so the mother instinct worked here that
I requested the youngest child be Posted by NAGATTRAVEL in TRAVELING WITH KIDS | Aug 10, 2015
- Days 14 & 15: My Second Nemesis BirdI am taking a lazy day off birding today (although I did get one photo of a STELLER'S JAY from the condo today) because I had a huge birding excursion yesterday which this post is mainly about. Enjoy!
The Great Gray Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Aug 10, 2015
- ChicagoWeather cloudy but warm, mid 20's.
The city is still as beautiful as we remembered from our last visit in 2003. Navy Pier (https://navypier.com/) is one of the main attractions which during our last visit we spent many happy hours in Posted by RickAdderley in Route 66 | Aug 10, 2015
- I'm no good at TitlesDay 12 continued....
Hi again, it's your friendly one finned fish, Nemo!!! While Chunk had to rest at the hotel in Deming, New Mexico, I still felt like a captain, so off to the local Liquor store for some Captain Morgan Posted by wearewhere in Nemo and Chunk 2015 | Aug 9, 2015
- Into the WildDay 12
What in the world were we thinking when we decided river tubing in Arizona in August was a good idea? We were wrong. It was a GREAT idea!!!! Over 40 degree heat? No problem. Bring on the SPF 8000 Posted by wearewhere in Nemo and Chunk 2015 | Aug 9, 2015
- Got Him to the GreekDay 10
Made it through another night. Somehow. Awoke the next morning and realized we had an appointment to keep. In Griffin Park. I had to get Nemo to the Greek Theatre. No reason of course but it convinced that lazy Posted by wearewhere in Nemo and Chunk 2015 | Aug 9, 2015
- LA ConfidentialDay 9
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Yup. It's Chunk again. And yes, for those of you playing along at home, it is correctly Day 9 of the blog. Looks like Nemo got excited when he got his chance to write and jumped over Posted by wearewhere in Nemo and Chunk 2015 | Aug 9, 2015
- 9th August
We begin our day in New Jersey. ....and swiftly move on to Pennsylvania to visit the historic city of Philidelphia, famous for........The Rocky steps?!! Not quite sure what the fuss is a Posted by laughingfish in Laughing Fish | Aug 9, 2015
- Brothers and CousinsWritten by Sam
We journeyed to Hollywood one final time (well, actually we were going to Burbank, a bit further north). Our destination was the Warner Brothers Studios, a chance to see the magic behind Hollywood.
[img=http://photos.traveller Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Aug 9, 2015