- Whooping Cranes!Today I saw two WHOOPING CRANES (life bird #674), and Whooping Cranes are an endangered species, given the fact that their current wild population is under 300 birds, and possibly still declining. There are two breeding populations in the world. Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 4, 2014
- SXSW'14, Keeping Austin WeirdHi there everyone,
I'll explain the subheading in a bit, I promise.
Austin was the next stop on my American adventure, and I was looking forward to the warmer weather the Texan capital was sure to offer. I initially chose Posted by dzabell in Canada and America 2014 | Jul 4, 2014
- Good BehaviorAs we pulled out of San Rafael, CA I kept wondering about Rob and Leah's cat, I never saw it. There were dishes on the floor with cat food and water plus some toys with catnip, but I never saw Posted by rhislop in Tashi Tales | Jul 4, 2014
- DisneylandChuck and Rick had dinner with is after dropping us off at the hotel (Howard Johnson Anahaim) , and we had dinner at Downtown Disney in the Rainforest Cafe which was a whole experience in itself.
I was very sad to Posted by Karen's USA in Our USA trip 2014 | Jul 4, 2014
- Los VegasWell, I wasn't expecting much of Los Vegas, but I'm still disppointed!
The fact that it hit 117 degreed F today goes a long way to proving the hell comparison.
That and all the people who are part of some huge machine Posted by Adamtrumble in Northern hemisphere 2014 | Jul 4, 2014
- 3 States in Day One!Our day started early. Like, 4:30 early. The goal was to leave early so the kids would sleep in the car until breakfast. Well, I think they were just too excited!
The kids explored th Posted by StriClanTravels in 2014 Stricklin Summer Vacation | Jul 3, 2014
- Day 2: Birding all day long!As the title of this post suggests, I was out birding in western Wisconsin and eastern Minnesota today from 7:00am-8:15pm with my uncle Mory and his birder friend Bruce.
It was a beautiful day with sunny skies and temperatures in the Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 3, 2014
- Off to Malibu with Buns and Co!
Today was an early start with a super steep hike in Runyon Canyon just outside Hollywood to see another smoggy view of LA d Posted by larabester in Bester goes Abroad! | Jul 3, 2014
- Entry 4 - Washington - The two and a half week mark....I can't believe I have only been here for 2 1/2 weeks - it feels like I have been here forever (I'll make sure I re-read these words when it's week 52 and it only feels like yesterday that my Posted by Aussiesincanada in A year of adventures | Jul 3, 2014
- San Fran to VegasNo big adventures today.
A trip to the gym, followed by lunch with Damien and Ankush (Melbourne couple) in the heart of the Castro and a brief sunbake at Delores Park.
Posted by Adamtrumble in Northern hemisphere 2014 | Jul 2, 2014
- From Big City to National ParkFriday 30 May
Our drive out of New York City was quite stressful. We made our way through New Jersey to the George Washington Bridge. We knew it was a toll bridge but were a little shocked that the Posted by liz.d in Our US & Canada Road Trip | Jul 2, 2014
- Seattle and VictoriaWe flew out of Anchorage to Seattle at 9am on a very tight schedule. On arrival we only had a one hour window to make the ferry to Victoria, British Columbia (Canada). If we missed that boat, all Posted by paulymx in North by northwest 2014 | Jul 2, 2014
- Austin(See all the photos [[http://s981.photobucket.com/user/danseal/library/USA%20-%20May%20and%20June%202014/Texas|here]]. Password the same as for the blog).
[i]I have to start this post with an apology - Nath, thanks for all the recommendat Posted by DanAndBells in Adventures with Danny & Bells | Jul 2, 2014
- Wisconsin Trip: Day 1Today I started a week-and-a-half long birding tour of Wisconsin. These first four nights I will spend with my Aunt Mary and Uncle Mory, who are also birders, at their home in La Crosse, which is in western Wisconsin along Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 2, 2014
- New OrleansSee all the photos [[http://s981.photobucket.com/user/danseal/library/USA%20-%20May%20and%20June%202014/New%20Orleans|here]]. Password is the same as for the blog.)
Everything you read about New Orleans tells you it's a little like Vegas Posted by DanAndBells in Adventures with Danny & Bells | Jul 2, 2014
- Day 12: CA-1
The afternoon of Day 12 was far less enjoyable than the morning, which we spent in Zion. Mostly we sat in traffic as thousands of others joined us on I-15, traveling back to LA from Las Posted by neveron in P and E Go XC | Jul 2, 2014
- USA - Zion National Park, UtahUtah has the 'Big 5 National Parks' dotted throughout the south, the first one we visited was Zion, in southwestern Utah. A highlight of Zion National Park is its Canyon, which is 24 km long and up to 800 m Posted by TheNomadWay.com in TheNomadWay.com | Jun 19, 2014
- Days 9-11: Powell Country
From our base in Page, AZ, we were able to quickly drive to a bunch of incredible national parks and preserved lands; we were able to see parts of Grand Staircase-Escalante, Grand Canyon Posted by neveron in P and E Go XC | Jul 2, 2014
- USA - Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument, UtahThe landscape between Page and Zion National Park only got more amazing, we felt like we were in the Wild West with red rocky formations protruding out of the desert floor. We stopped off to see ‘The Toadstools’ a short Posted by TheNomadWay.com in TheNomadWay.com | Jun 17, 2014
- USA - Page, ArizonaWe left the Grand Canyon and headed northeast towards the Utah border. We have heard great things about the National Parks in Utah and are pretty keen to check them out! The expanse of red desert, rock formations and Posted by TheNomadWay.com in TheNomadWay.com | Jun 17, 2014
- Day 6: The Wild Wild West
This was a long-haul day between Dallas and Gunnison. The one stop of note was for barbecue in Amarillo at one of Texas Monthly's Top 50 Barbecue Joints for 2013: Tyler's Barbecue. Who c Posted by neveron in P and E Go XC | Jul 2, 2014
- Walking San FransiscoMega-walk today.
Last night, I changed locations & surfed Manny's couch in Castro St, Noe Valley.
This morning, I set off (on foot) along Castro St to Haight St (supposedly Hipster central), then the Panhandle (where I met Joe & Tristan (a Posted by Adamtrumble in Northern hemisphere 2014 | Jul 1, 2014
- Day 7: SW Colorado
On a tip from a colleague of mine, who mentioned that the Rocky Mountain snow was still melting and swelling the rivers at this point in the year, I selected the Durango area for us to t Posted by neveron in P and E Go XC | Jul 1, 2014
- Day 8: Four Corners
This was a day jam-packed with unique, far-from-home experiences that were each rewarding in their own way. And of course, the long drives in between stand on their own as being fascinat Posted by neveron in P and E Go XC | Jul 1, 2014
- USA - The Grand Canyon, ArizonaWe drove out of Las Vegas and left the neon lights behind us. Altitude increased as we climbed onto the Colorado Plateau, a large area of land uplifted thousands of years ago which led us into the The Grand Canyon. Posted by TheNomadWay.com in TheNomadWay.com | Jun 15, 2014